No manager
No signings
No kit
No pre season games
No rally for season tickets
No positive reaction

I know im not the only supporter in this same frame of mind

I've not renewed yet.
I'm pissed off at us being where we are and I'm waiting for some sort of reaction from the club. I'll buy my season ticket again, I'm just waiting for something to give me the nudge I feel I need right now.

But nothing.

If we're going to come out fighting and get ourselves back to where we should be then we're taking our time about it.

Come on Leanne, what the hell is happening?

The longer it goes on the more likely some fans in my position will walk away and forget all about their season ticket renewal.

JustSimplyHibs
23-06-2014, 04:35 PM
No news
No manager
No signings
No kit
No pre season games
No positive reaction

I've not renewed yet.
I'm pissed off at us being where we are and I'm waiting for some sort of reaction from the club. I'll buy my season ticket again, I'm just waiting for something to give me the nudge I feel I need right now.

But nothing.

If we're going to come out fighting and get ourselves back to where we should be then we're taking our time about it.

The longer it goes on the more likely some fans in my position will walk away and forget all about their season ticket renewal.

Manager will probably be the morrow, and the new kit is July - hope that answers a couple of questions.

Keith_M
23-06-2014, 04:43 PM
No news is good news.

Or so they say.

WestCoastHibby
23-06-2014, 04:44 PM
I expect us to know the manager tomorrow. Was Maurice Malpas mentioned....??

With a bit of luck the snowball is starting it's journey down the hill.

Ps I still laugh at all the Leeann this and Leeann that going on. Whereas second name only does "Petrie" "Farmer" or"Butcher"

Bizarre

Keith_M
23-06-2014, 04:46 PM
I expect us to know the manager tomorrow. Was Maurice Malpas mentioned....??

With a bit of luck the snowball is starting it's journey down the hill.

Ps I still laugh at all the Leeann this and Leeann that going on. Whereas second name only does "Petrie" "Farmer" or"Butcher"

Bizarre

That's cos it's a Burd.

Everybody's that bit friendlier wi' a Burd. :wink:

1two
23-06-2014, 05:01 PM
That's cos it's a Burd.

Everybody's that bit friendlier wi' a Burd. :wink:

Part of petries master plan maybe?

Seriously though, I know it all takes time but hibs seriously need to get us fans back on board soon before it's too late (if it's not already)

The silence is killing us

AlbertK86
23-06-2014, 05:17 PM
The winds of change are currently not even the gentlest of breezes

Typical Hibs

AlbertK86
23-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Get the feeling everybody expecting more than just a new management team to be announced

Think it will be Stubbs alone and that he will be weighing up options as his assistant then assessing the squad before strengthening

Genuinely hope I'm wrong however

Johibs
23-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Totally agree it looks terrible preparation for next year.

But what's wrong at hibs can't be fixed in a month. I genuinely believe that Stubbs will prove to be the right man. That LD knows that quick fixes will not aid the club in the long term. If we have to have 2 seasons in the championship to get it right it will be disappointing but I think we would become a better club in 3-4 years time when everything is in place because of a season or two keeping our heads down and getting the basics right. The club is a mess right now, making rash moved and decisions will not fix it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm a paid up season ticket holder and would have got my ticket regardless but this procrastination is hardly inspiring fans.

Even the most patient fans can't help but look at hearts and feel that they have their act together and we are continuing to look like fa""nies!!

I hate to be cynical but my concern is the stumbling block will be wages, Rod doing his usual of trying to get a better deal. Obviously a pure guess but it wouldn't surprise me.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

cam75
23-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Euro draw today will cover pages tomorrow,maybe delay was to get Max Coverage on wednesday?
Just a thought:-/
GGTTH

hibs4thecup1988
23-06-2014, 06:38 PM
No news
No manager
No signings
No kit
No pre season games
No positive reaction

I've not renewed yet.

But nothing.

I'm in your camp now. Got paid yesterday
And was going to get a season ticket. But I fully expected the announcement on Friday. It's getting a bit of a joke now tbh. I won't be renewing if ita longer than the weekend tbh. It is shocking.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm in your camp now. Got paid yesterday
And was going to get a season ticket. But I fully expected the announcement on Friday. It's getting a bit of a joke now tbh. I won't be renewing if ita longer than the weekend tbh. It is shocking.

Don't be daft of course you will renew.

WestStandMoaner
23-06-2014, 06:46 PM

But what's wrong at hibs can't be fixed in a month. I genuinely believe that Stubbs will prove to be the right man. That LD knows that quick fixes will not aid the club in the long term. If we have to have 2 seasons in the championship to get it right it will be disappointing but I think we would become a better club in 3-4 years time when everything is in place because of a season or two keeping our heads down and getting the basics right. The club is a mess right now, making rash moved and decisions will not fix it.

You are right the club is a mess, I advertise at ER ad Hibs use a company called Elonex. They came to see me about a month ago and said Hibs no longer use them. I have not heard a word from Hibs about renewing my board. I have not renewed my season tickets as yet but must admit I have no enthusiasm at this stage to part with thousands of pounds. I only hope there are three or four days of exciting announcements to tempt me to do so.

Paisley Hibby
23-06-2014, 07:08 PM
No news is good news.

Or so they say.

Especially if the delay mean Stubbs ain't getting the job.

nribs
23-06-2014, 07:14 PM
"@HibernianCFClub: Hibernian FC are delighted to confirm Kenny Shiels as our next manager. More to follow #HFC"

This got so many bites Hibees on Twitter went into melt down :)

burtis97
23-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Sorry but 1 year in the championship is a disgrace never mind 2 seasons I do believe Leanne will change this club from top to bottom and I also believe Stubbs will be a great appointment however I do feel spending 2 seasons In the championship would be a complete disaster for the club!

Johibs
You are right the club is a mess, I advertise at ER ad Hibs use a company called Elonex. They came to see me about a month ago and said Hibs no longer use them. I have not heard a word from Hibs about renewing my board. I have not renewed my season tickets as yet but must admit I have no enthusiasm at this stage to part with thousands of pounds. I only hope there are three or four days of exciting announcements to tempt me to do so.

You could always sponsor the Sunday amateur team I play for ;)!

I think we all know it's been a slow slow start to the summer. Fingers crossed we can create some sort of buzz be it from signings or even just a nice start to the season with a win against them!

Jonnyboy
"@HibernianCFClub: Hibernian FC are delighted to confirm Kenny Shiels as our next manager. More to follow #HFC"

I expect that twitter fiend BMD will be on here shortly to convey this sensational news :greengrin

Ozyhibby
23-06-2014, 07:38 PM

Sounds suspiciously like a 5 year plan again. Let me know which year we are going to be worth watching again and I'll get a season ticket then.

Johibs
23-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Sounds suspiciously like a 5 year plan again. Let me know which year we are going to be worth watching again and I'll get a season ticket then.

I see your point of view, and it does sound like that! But let's hope it's one that actually delivers and not just 10 years of silence and mistakes.

frazeHFC
23-06-2014, 08:42 PM

The 5 year plan that has ended with us a division below, good one Petrie!

I know we'll get manager/kit and some new players in soon, i'm just worried that we'll likely not have a full squad ready for the season in time, and who knows what sort of quality of player we can attract.

eastterrace
23-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Sorry but 1 year in the championship is a disgrace never mind 2 seasons I do believe Leanne will change this club from top to bottom and I also believe Stubbs will be a great appointment however I do feel spending 2 seasons In the championship would be a complete disaster for the club!

well you better get ready for a disaster then as we will be down for a minimum of two seasons imo. just cant see us winning the league ( the rangers are certs). and we wont win the play off , thats if we get into them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-06-2014, 09:40 PM
We're certainly taking a unique approach towards pre season lol. I'd wager that not many professional squads have returned for pre season training with no goalkeepers or manager. Definitely different

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 10:02 PM
well you better get ready for a disaster then as we will be down for a minimum of two seasons imo. just cant see us winning the league ( the rangers are certs). and we wont win the play off , thats if we get into them.

Why so? Last time I watched them there was about six players I'd never even heard of :greengrin

AlbertK86
23-06-2014, 10:28 PM

How do you know

Depends who we get in

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-06-2014, 10:54 PM
I expect that twitter fiend BMD will be on here shortly to convey this sensational news :greengrin

:agree: :greengrin

JOD
23-06-2014, 11:17 PM
I really despair with some of you on here.

What do you want===rushed announcement----sign players as quick as we can------here we go again

No lets trust LD settle down and give and her and her new manager a chance to get started FFS

1two
24-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I really despair with some of you on here.

What do you want===rushed announcement----sign players as quick as we can------here we go again

No lets trust LD settle down and give and her and her new manager a chance to get started FFS

Here we go again???
When have hibs ever signed a player in a rush? It's always a last minute thing where we end up with panic emergency loan signings. That's not a pop at Petrie or anyone in particular, it's just what's happened the last 2-3 seasons and the reason were in this mess now.

That said, we all know we need a manager to make his signing targets and getting the right manager takes time.

The point of my original post is we've heard nothing about anything.
We're 5 weeks away from the new season and I'm going to guess we've sold less than half the season tickets we had last year.

If LD main objective is to have better communication with the club and fans then there has been no sign of it so far (other than a meeting with a select few 'representatives').

No doubt about it, the club is on its knees. We're half way through the Close Season and there's guys like me waiting for something to happen. It doesn't have to be a manager or a signing. Just some positive news. Something to get the interest back.

New kit announcement for example.
Even an announcement/rally on season tickets sales.

It may sound petty but as others have said, I'm not the only one feeling this way - completely disillusioned.

I expect the manager announcement will be today or tomorrow and football fans are very fickle and easily lead but I'm worried it's going to be too late for some.

Turkish Green
24-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Why so? Last time I watched them there was about six players I'd never even heard of :greengrin
Was any of them named A.N. Other? I used to enjoy reading the team list from teams like Berwick Rangers especially at the start of a season when they'd have a forward line consisting of Trialist, Trialist and Trialist.

Nevi_SOL
24-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Here we go again???
When have hibs ever signed a player in a rush? It's always a last minute thing where we end up with panic emergency loan signings. That's not a pop at Petrie or anyone in particular, it's just what's happened the last 2-3 seasons and the reason were in this mess now.

That said, we all know we need a manager to make his signing targets and getting the right manager takes time.

The point of my original post is we've heard nothing about anything.
We're 5 weeks away from the new season and I'm going to guess we've sold less than half the season tickets we had last year.

If LD main objective is to have better communication with the club and fans then there has been no sign of it so far (other than a meeting with a select few 'representatives').

No doubt about it, the club is on its knees. We're half way through the Close Season and there's guys like me waiting for something to happen. It doesn't have to be a manager or a signing. Just some positive news. Something to get the interest back.

New kit announcement for example.
Even an announcement/rally on season tickets sales.

It may sound petty but as others have said, I'm not the only one feeling this way - completely disillusioned.

I expect the manager announcement will be today or tomorrow and football fans are very fickle and easily lead but I'm worried it's going to be too late for some.

Tudor jones and Liam Craig were quick signings

GreenCastle
24-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Half of me is interested to see when the new manager will finally be confirmed - new players brought in and new strip / sponsors announced.

The other half of me - think's we are in a farcical situation (still can't believe we were relegated), with a lack of any key players, no goalkeepers (an area we have struggled with for so long), low season ticket sales, lack of pre-season friendlies arranged (announced) and RP is still involved at our club.

With only 5 weeks away - it worries me how the new manager will settle in / assess squad / bring in key players we need / get fitness levels up / his style of play embedded all before the season starts with 2 tough games - including the yams away (where we rarely do well!).

Massive job to be done and one thing is rushing - another is taking so long you miss opportunities (players available etc) and you aren't fully prepared for the new season.

Shoot me down but I know it's how many are feeling!

Golden Bear
24-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Half of me is interested to see when the new manager will finally be confirmed - new players brought in and new strip / sponsors announced.

The other half of me - think's we are in a farcical situation (still can't believe we were relegated), with a lack of any key players, no goalkeepers (an area we have struggled with for so long), low season ticket sales, lack of pre-season friendlies arranged (announced) and RP is still involved at our club.

With only 5 weeks away - it worries me how the new manager will settle in / assess squad / bring in key players we need / get fitness levels up / his style of play embedded all before the season starts with 2 tough games - including the yams away (where we rarely do well!).

Massive job to be done and one thing is rushing - another is taking so long you miss opportunities (players available etc) and you aren't fully prepared for the new season.

I agree, but we can also be certain that those who are trying to address the situation will be doing their level best to do so. The timescales are becoming increasingly tight, we know that, but so will the key personnel who are working on the Club's behalf.

Forza Fred
24-06-2014, 09:40 AM

Yep, we are shambolic at the moment.

Liberal Hibby
24-06-2014, 09:44 AM
As last season showed it is not how you start the season that matters - it is how you finish.

I am very happy to wait a bit longer to get the key people in place - even if it means we are behind others in pre season developement.

The big advantage we have over Hearts and Rangers is access to credit - so we can actually spend more than we take in. Last time we lost £2m - expect something similar this time.

Last time we also started slowly but ended up romping the division. A bit of patience is needed for the next few weeks.

Gus Fring
24-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Let's address each of them one by one

No news

Vague. But there is no news to report. They can't just make it up

No manager

This can only be seen as a good thing and shows that the board will not be rushed into making a decision. We appointed Butcher in 12 days and look where that got us.

No signings

This directly relates to the previous point. We can't sign anyone until the manager comes in. If we did then that would be the very thing people are complaining about and that's the board signing players, not the manager

No kit

The Kit will be released in July, this has been confirmed multiple times.

No pre season games

We play Berwick Rangers on the 12th of July and Dunfermline on the 15th. Both Away.

The rally for season tickets started back in February. The board haven't decided what the new prices will be but once they do, the rallying will start back up again.

No positive reaction

The club gets pilloried whenever it puts out a statement or piece of news just now, even when it's positive people turn it in to a negative.

connerg
24-06-2014, 10:18 AM

Feel the same way too. :confused:

MrSmith
24-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Yeah same!

Feel like this season is written off already cos the prep has not been done and the longer its left ... the less time for the management and team to gel.

AlbertK86
24-06-2014, 10:28 AM
As last season showed it is not how you start the season that matters - it is how you finish. I am very happy to wait a bit longer to get the key people in place - even if it means we are behind others in pre season developement. The big advantage we have over Hearts and Rangers is access to credit - so we can actually spend more than we take in. Last time we lost £2m - expect something similar this time. Last time we also started slowly but ended up romping the division. A bit of patience is needed for the next few weeks.

Lack of credit isn't stopping either of them signing players

The Rangers offering thousands a week

No danger our access to record is an advantage over the cheats

KeithTheHibby
24-06-2014, 10:31 AM

No news

No manager

This can only be seen as a good thing and shows that the board will not be rushed into making a decision. We appointed Butcher in 12 days and look where that got us.

No signings

This directly relates to the previous point. We can't sign anyone until the manager comes in. If we did then that would be the very thing people are complaining about and that's the board signing players, not the manager

No kit

No pre season games

We play Berwick Rangers on the 12th of July and Dunfermline on the 15th. Both Away.

The rally for season tickets started back in February. The board haven't decided what the new prices will be but once they do, the rallying will start back up again.
No positive reaction

The club gets pilloried whenever it puts out a statement or piece of news just now, even when it's positive people turn it in to a negative.

Do you not think 4 weeks is long enough to decide whether to reduce prices or at least make a statement about it? I wonder how many season tickets we have shifted in the last 4 weeks? 3 figures if we are lucky?

smurf
24-06-2014, 10:31 AM
For far too long too many within have completely refused to face the truth with regards to the mess we've become thanks to the leadership of the arrogant conduit. And it appears some are still in denial. All is NOT well. We are a shambles. That MAY well change. Let's hope so but folk have every right to be concerned.

KeithTheHibby
24-06-2014, 10:33 AM
As last season showed it is not how you start the season that matters - it is how you finish.

I am very happy to wait a bit longer to get the key people in place - even if it means we are behind others in pre season developement.

The big advantage we have over Hearts and Rangers is access to credit - so we can actually spend more than we take in. Last time we lost £2m - expect something similar this time.

Last time we also started slowly but ended up romping the division. A bit of patience is needed for the next few weeks.

I beg to differ. We should be much better prepared to hit the ground running.

Last time we were in this division we had at least a manager in place and some kind of squad assembled. The lack of urgency from Hibs has been staggering.

Thecat23
24-06-2014, 10:35 AM
4 weeks is more than long enough to sound out the manager and put in place the plans for new players.

The folk saying "relax" I honestly don't think know the importance of having a manager in for pre season along with his own players. We will AGAIN be going after the duds at the end of the transfer window.

Come on Hibs get this sorted now FFS get players in and make sure McGivern and Nelson are no where near this team come K.O first game of the season.

Shearer
24-06-2014, 10:43 AM

No news

No manager

No signings

No kit

No pre season games

No positive reaction

Wow 10/10 for blind faith and positivity.

I cannot for the life of me see how not having a manager 5 weeks before the start of the season can "only be a good thing"

WHUHibs
24-06-2014, 10:53 AM

No news

No manager

No signings

No kit

No pre season games

No positive reaction

I'm sure you could write a positive story for David Forsyth as the spin in this is great!

The reality is the club have no income coming in as we are in limbo land and when a manager is appointed we only have a short space of time to bring quality players in and assess the squad.

I am really irritated by the dummy announcement a couple of weeks ago about sponsorship. It reeks of let's get out some positive news in all this negativity but we cannot say anymore,,why make the announcement then? Synical of course and if the contracts were signed then say what it is, if it's not say nothing.

You can't have it both ways only state we can only say something when it's concrete but then it's okay to give tit bits on sponsorship!

This in my opinion still stinks of Forsyth doing what he has always done and thinks we are all stupid..

Gus Fring
24-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Do you not think 4 weeks is long enough to decide whether to reduce prices or at least make a statement about it? I wonder how many season tickets we have shifted in the last 4 weeks? 3 figures if we are lucky?

Leeann started on the 1st of June and the meeting with fans where Season Tickets was discussed for the first time was on the 7th so it's been just over 2 weeks, not 4. There is another meeting tonight which is expected to be on this topic and I assume Leeann will present the options so that she and the fan representatives can agree the best way forward.

Wow 10/10 for blind faith and positivity.

I cannot for the life of me see how not having a manager 5 weeks before the start of the season can "only be a good thing"

Because the alternatives are still having no manager or keeping Butcher.

Bobby's Cinema
24-06-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm now getting a bit what the head in the sand brigade would call, hysterical

HappyAsHellas
24-06-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm sure you could write a positive story for David Forsyth as the spin in this is great!

The reality is the club have no income coming in as we are in limbo land and when a manager is appointed we only have a short space of time to bring quality players in and assess the squad.

I am really irritated by the dummy announcement a couple of weeks ago about sponsorship. It reeks of let's get out some positive news in all this negativity but we cannot say anymore,,why make the announcement then? Synical of course and if the contracts were signed then say what it is, if it's not say nothing.

You can't have it both ways only state we can only say something when it's concrete but then it's okay to give tit bits on sponsorship!

This in my opinion still stinks of Forsyth doing what he has always done and thinks we are all stupid..

I imagine given the predicament we are in that the sponsorship deals will be a bit more tricky than normal due to TV etc and what league we are in. If it's a deal for one season only then I think we would know who it is. If it's a longer term contract then I'm sure it will be slightly more complicated, concerning whether we get promotion or not. It's not something I'm going to panic about, as I'm pretty sure Leeann knows what she's doing. The manager announcement will be made when the club sees fit to do it, not because a few fans are wetting their pants on a forum. Keep the faith - all will be well.

GreenCastle
24-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Some absolute nonsense the last few posts -

"It's not how you start the season that matters" :confused: - last season showed we were a mess at the start and looked how that turned out. If we had started worse last year we would have been relegated sooner! A good start is crucial after the poor end to last season and competition to get promoted this season.

"No rush to appoint manager" 5 weeks till the start of the competitive season - it will take the manager several weeks to settle into life in Edinburgh and get the team to understand his methods / style of play - this will evole yes but the longer we leave it the more time we are wasting. Other teams are preparing - fail to prepare - prepare to fail.

"Plenty time to get players" - The example of Van Gaal was used on another thread - the difference is these top clubs have vast scouting networks. We have about 2 men and his dog - plus Marsella ( will he remain as GK coach or scout / will AS keep him / trust him?). The longer we leave it players will want to decide their futures with families etc - we will be left with the bargin bin players or pay over the odds (probably won't spend after the Collins farce).

I am sure people are trying to do their best but they need to improve rapidly as any faith fans continues to wear.

Peevemor
24-06-2014, 11:10 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alan-stubbs-must-search-for-an-assistant-hibs-boss-1-3454465

The delay in finalising the finer details of 42-year-old Stubbs’ first managerial contract – he became firm favourite to land the job in the face of stiff opposition almost a week ago – may have been frustrating for all concerned but, according to club sources, there was nothing “sinister or untoward” behind the later than expected announcement, the explanation being his agent John Morris was at the World Cup requiring negotiations to be completed by phone and email.
The Evening News understand Hibs were set to formally confirm Stubbs’ appointment today with the new boss travelling to meet his squad before being publicly introduced within the next day or two.

:dunno:

TRC
24-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Who is to say that Stubbs or whoever hasn't already been in talks with palyers that they want?

Waxy
24-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Anytime a club has sacked a manager, they usually always appoint an interim manager at the same time.
Think we could have done with doing this.

Forza Fred
24-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Who is to say that Stubbs or whoever hasn't already been in talks with palyers that they want?

But that is part of the problem......who knows what is, or isn't going on is leading to uncertainty, as the clock ticks over.

nribs
24-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Anytime a club has sacked a manager, they usually always appoint an interim manager at the same time.
Think we could have done with doing this.

I'm sure we will have appointed someone to take training etc, not sure we need to appoint an interim manager just yet with no games to be played

burtis97
24-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Personally don't think rangers are anything special as it has been shown in there previous Scottish cup encounters ecspecially at tannadice where Dundee united ripped them apart, hearts although seem to be doing good business I don't see why we can't more than match them, I'm sure Stubbs will have good contacts, I don't see why we should prepare for disaster or 2 seasons in the championship.

E10 Rifle
24-06-2014, 11:25 AM

Bang on. The interview process would have covered the need for urgency in pulling playing staff together and recruitment and I'm sure he'll be on the ball with this and no doubt will have gone through SM's list already. If anyone during the interview process asked for time and patience or hadn't done their homework on where we were and what was required immediately I reckon they'll have been struck off based on that alone.

In waiting on the announcement (and others) I would however have fronted a coach or player to the media today in order to talk about the usual platitudes of 'togetherness, determined to go up, looking forward to the new manager arriving, working hard...' etc. simply to calm those who are being deafened by silence.

AlbertK86
24-06-2014, 11:26 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alan-stubbs-must-search-for-an-assistant-hibs-boss-1-3454465 :dunno:

So he's meeting the players but it will be a day or two before we announce

Very vague and very shambolic

Golden Bear
24-06-2014, 11:29 AM

Why?

I can understand it perfectly.

GreenCastle
24-06-2014, 11:32 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alan-stubbs-must-search-for-an-assistant-hibs-boss-1-3454465

:dunno:

If he takes over and officially starts Monday that will give us 6 weeks before the 9th August. Longer than the 5 I previously mentioned.

I agree with the poster about surely he knows he has to hit the ground running - if the interview panel didn't make this clear and we start slow we will be in for another long season along with another derby defeat on the 16th Aug.

Peevemor
24-06-2014, 11:32 AM

Do you understand basic English?

The Evening News understand Hibs were set to formally confirm Stubbs’ appointment today with the new boss travelling to meet his squad before being publicly introduced within the next day or two.

GreenPJ
24-06-2014, 11:34 AM

That is not what it says. It suggests it may be a day or two before he is publicly introduced but that is different from Hibs announcing that he is the manager earlier.

JimBHibees
24-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Bang on. The interview process would have covered the need for urgency in pulling playing staff together and recruitment and I'm sure he'll be on the ball with this and no doubt will have gone through SM's list already. If anyone during the interview process asked for time and patience or hadn't done their homework on where we were and what was required immediately I reckon they'll have been struck off based on that alone.

In waiting on the announcement (and others) I would however have fronted a coach or player to the media today in order to talk about the usual platitudes of 'togetherness, determined to go up, looking forward to the new manager arriving, working hard...' etc. simply to calm those who are being deafened by silence.

I would really hope he chooses his own players.

The Leith Dutch
24-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Trying to steer down the middle of the Happy Clapper / Bed Wetter road here.....

Last season we had a manager in place and well into his second year at Hibs.

He had less of a rebuild to do and, presumably, a significantly bigger budget to work with.
We made a total shop front of the whole thing and wound up in the Malmo game with Rowan Vine as the striker and a season where we didn't look like scoring even if we'd been playing a three man team composed of an Albanian goat farmer, his hirsute wife and with their rickets suffering choleric 5 year old in goals.

Given the current situation I don't see any way that any success we may or may not have next season had any chance of being based on preparation and planning.

I'm not saying we can't do well next year.....just that if we do it won't be down to a well executed close season.
Any chance of that went the moment we were relegated and whether the new Boss is announced today or next week isn't going to change that.

I am not happy about this and it depresses the crap out of me but that's just how it is and how it was always going to be once we were relegated.

Borderhibbie76
24-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Its a total shambles it really is...so much for the winds of change. 5 weeks from start of competitive season and we have nothing...not 1 thing so far to give us any hope! Get it sorted FFS LD!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Turkish Green
24-06-2014, 01:22 PM
We made a total shop front of the whole thing and wound up in the Malmo game with Rowan Vine as the striker and a season where we didn't look like scoring even if we'd been playing a three man team composed of an Albanian goat farmer, his hirsute wife and with their rickets suffering choleric 5 year old in goals.

:faf:

A bit of the understatement there.

dangermouse
24-06-2014, 01:36 PM

My son showed me this last night. I told him it had to be a wind up as he was raging. He saw the funny side when he discovered his pal was behind it. Said pal will be getting dogs abuse when he's next in my house.

GreenCastle
24-06-2014, 02:07 PM
We have news! Finally :agree:

Let's get the backroom staff and players sorted and get some sort of positivity going into the new season.