PDA

View Full Version : So much for an announcement

Hibs7
23-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Another weekend goes by. .. Training starts and Leeanne is at the training centre but no manager yet ... Things are getting desperate and time is running out !! Unless the man that comes in can get he best out of what we have and add a bit of steel in the defence, with a good striker then I can see us struggling big time.

California-Hibs
23-06-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm very disappointed there's not been an announcement today! I was fully expecting one. Jeez do we need to get a move on!

Lago
23-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Maybe Stubbs has had a change of mind.

Turkish Green
23-06-2014, 01:30 PM
LD's taking training, she brought her bits.

I would have thought that she'd have been involved in any announcement seeing as she is CEO.

nribs
23-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Is it not taking longer because Stubbs agent is in Brazil so all negotiating is down via the phone and email?

Green Reaper
23-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Is it not taking longer because Stubbs agent is in Brazil so all negotiating is down via the phone and email?

That's nuts

SteveHFC
23-06-2014, 01:36 PM
There's still time :cb

SlickShoes
23-06-2014, 01:36 PM
That's nuts

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't just do a skype meeting or some sort of video conference call with all parties, doing negotiations with only phone and e-mail seems counter productive.

Turkish Green
23-06-2014, 01:46 PM
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't just do a skype meeting or some sort of video conference call with all parties, doing negotiations with only phone and e-mail seems counter productive.
Agreed, if Hibs do not have video conferencing facilities at ER there are plenty business centres dotted around the city that do.

I think it's more to do with Stubbs' agent maybe being a bit pre-occupied in Brazil.

SMAXXA
23-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Got told earlier that an announcement will be made tonight or tomorrow morning

hfc rd
23-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Maybe trying to negotiate a fee with Everton for Stubbs and Unsworth. And probably looking at getting a couple of players brought in as well and unveil them with the manager.

offshorehibby
23-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Agreed, if Hibs do not have video conferencing facilities at ER there are plenty business centres dotted around the city that do.

I think it's more to do with Stubbs' agent maybe being a bit pre-occupied in Brazil.

Why has it got to be Hibs fault.

SteveHFC
23-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Got told earlier that an announcement will be made tonight or tomorrow morning

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltdcmumKWy1qii6tmo1_500.gif

nribs
23-06-2014, 01:52 PM

Maybe being pre-occupied meaning hibs can only communicate via phone and email?

Franck Stanton
23-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Aaaaggggghhhhhh, JUST Aaaaaggggghhhh

Turkish Green
23-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Maybe being pre-occupied meaning hibs can only communicate via phone and email?
Or maybe Stubbs is not at the top of his list of clients.

lapsedhibee
23-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Or maybe Stubbs is not at the top of his list of clients.

Maybe Stubbs has been offered the England job.

Speedway
23-06-2014, 02:10 PM
They asked Malpas to take training today and he said......

hfc rd
23-06-2014, 02:11 PM

Yes? No?

Hibiza
23-06-2014, 02:12 PM
We might get an announcement of an announcement.

Hibiza
23-06-2014, 02:19 PM

As all his verbals . it would be unprintable.

Jones28
23-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Get a ****ing move on please

NOLA
23-06-2014, 02:22 PM
ive been away for a couple of days, have we revealed who our shirt sponsor is yet or the stand name? are the new strips out aswell? maybe their gonna bamboozle us with 4 announcements in 1 day

SteveHFC
23-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Get a ****ing move on please

http://31.media.tumblr.com/71e75864f7e91b1be1f682c209c6c083/tumblr_mt7zkpbIk21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Dave-O
23-06-2014, 02:44 PM
....in Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! that's all really. :greengrin

Billychaotic182
23-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Looooooooooooud noises

heretoday
23-06-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm getting fed up reading that "Stubbs is set to be appointed boss of Hibernian".

Also fed up watching other clubs signing half decent players while McGivern and Nelson lie basking on a beach somewhere.

SlickShoes
23-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm getting fed up reading that "Stubbs is set to be appointed boss of Hibernian".

Also fed up watching other clubs signing half decent players while McGivern and Nelson lie basking on a beach somewhere.

They were both at training today, get behind the team ffs..............

Thecat23
23-06-2014, 03:08 PM

These 2 players can GTF. I'll back this team when playing don't get me wrong. But the fact no club wants them and we're stuck with a drinker and someone who can't pass 2 yards worries me sick.

"When" we get our manager in I hope to god he brings In players who replaces these clowns and punts them into the wilderness. If that sounds harsh I'm sorry but when you watch piss like that week in week out it grates on you.

plhibs
23-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Another thread saying that Unsworth might be staying put, maybe that is the problem. The new guy may not be prerared to work with MM or whoever we have at the club just now.:dunno:

heretoday
23-06-2014, 03:22 PM

I won't get behind McGivern or Nelson. I'm not paying to watch them play again, unless it's against Hibs!

SlickShoes
23-06-2014, 03:23 PM
These 2 players can GTF. I'll back this team when playing don't get me wrong. But the fact no club wants them and we're stuck with a drinker and someone who can't pass 2 yards worries me sick.

"When" we get our manager in I hope to god he brings In players who replaces these clowns and punts them into the wilderness. If that sounds harsh I'm sorry but when you watch piss like that week in week out it grates on you.

I agree fully my comment was sarcastic, I felt ill when I saw McGivern in those turning up for training pictures, rotten.

hibs4thecup1988
23-06-2014, 03:24 PM

You cannot be serious?! We aren't even a team at the moment, no manager, no keepers, no coaches.

I mean this is getting ridiculous. I was told under good authority that Stubbs was going to be named on Friday and then told Friday afternoon one of his two coaches had changed their mind but it would be resolved before Monday morning.

I mean WTF?! What is happening?

EDIT : Just noticed you said sarcastic :greengrin:

Thecat23
23-06-2014, 03:25 PM
I agree fully my comment was sarcastic, I felt ill when I saw McGivern in those turning up for training pictures, rotten.

Ah right, sorry. Yeah these guys are simply not good enough.

Deansy
23-06-2014, 03:37 PM

In agreement 100% - those two must never, ever be allowed to shame our jersey's again !. Especially McGivern as it's blatantly obvious he doesn't give a toss - Hibs are probably nothing more than 'Champagne-money' to him !!

Thecat23
23-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Exactly mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beefster
23-06-2014, 04:51 PM
I think Nelson is pish and McGivern is meh IMHO but when did they become one of the primary targets for half of the Hibs support's anger (other than Rodders obviously)?

Hibby 2005
23-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I have it on good authority that Stubbs will be announced the new manager of Hibs either tonight, tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday at the latest.

hfc rd
23-06-2014, 05:24 PM
I have it on good authority that Stubbs will be announced the new manager of Hibs either tonight, tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday at the latest.

Think the bookies should start bringing out odds on when the announcement is going to be made.

nribs
23-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Is that Wednesday morning, Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday evening or just Wednesday?. Could it possibly be Thursday?

Hibby 2005
23-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Is that Wednesday morning, Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday evening or just Wednesday?. Could it possibly be Thursday?

Definitely by the weekend!

nribs
23-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Definitely by the weekend!

By the end of the weekend or the beginning of the weekend :)

hibs4thecup1988
23-06-2014, 06:34 PM
By the end of the weekend or the beginning of the weekend :)

Or even this weekend? Lol

smurf
23-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Rod Petrie to Leeann Dempster "The downside of appointing a new manager is that the support will soon expect signings...".

Absolute shambles.

NOLA
23-06-2014, 06:47 PM
the delay must be on who is agreeing to be stubbs number2 seeing as unsworth isnt coming.

johnrebus
23-06-2014, 06:56 PM
the delay must be on who is agreeing to be stubbs number2 seeing as unsworth isnt coming.

I reckon Stubbs will pull out and we'll be back to square one. It's obvious that the hand of Petrie is still on the tiller and nothing has changed.

Will be surprised if Dempster is still here by end of July.

Petrie, please just GTF.

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 06:58 PM
I reckon Stubbs will pull out and we'll be back to square one. It's obvious that the hand of Petrie is still on the tiller and nothing has changed.

Petrie, please just GTF.

You just hate jumping to negative conclusions eh?

What a waste of bandwidth.

nribs
23-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Petrie, please just GTF.

Based on what??

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 06:59 PM
I won't get behind McGivern or Nelson. I'm not paying to watch them play again, unless it's against Hibs!

Unlike every other team's strikers :wink:

Golden Bear
23-06-2014, 07:03 PM

Petrie, please just GTF.

Sometimes I wonder who the enemy really is.

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Petrie, please just GTF.

What a dismal world you live in

ronaldo7
23-06-2014, 07:26 PM
In other news. The grass is still growing and doing well under the midday sun.:aok:

Onion
23-06-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm very disappointed there's not been an announcement today! I was fully expecting one. Jeez do we need to get a move on!

Whoever Hibs are negotiating with will know that we're in a bit of a sticky position. Relegated with half a squad and time running out. If it's Stubbs he's in a great position to state his demands, all of which will have to be reviewed by Petrie :greengrin

Speedway
23-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Petrie, please just GTF.

I reckon Hibs should be relegated by Hearts 0-8 to clinch the championship with an all time points total record and that we are liquidated the following day and all of the famous five are converted in photoshop to wearing maroon jerseys as revisionist history for future generations just to ensure you will still have something to post about yer wrist slashing....

DC_Hibs
23-06-2014, 07:44 PM

Petrie, please just GTF.

Get well soon pal. I hope you are getting the necessary support from family (and friends?) at what must be a difficult time for you.

and put away the Radiohead CD's FFS.

Brightside
23-06-2014, 07:46 PM

Petrie, please just GTF.

You should write kids books.

emerald green
23-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Maybe Stubbs has had a change of mind.

If he's read through some of the threads on this forum, I wouldn't blame him if he did. It's not just a team he (and LD) needs to turn around, but a whole club. What a mess Butcher & Petrie have presided over and left. It's a scandal.

Whoever takes on this job, all the supporters are going to have to try to get right behind the manager IMHO. If that happens, then that's a start. (However, the level of anger and disillusion which exists amongst the support does not bode well for this to happen, and we could then go into a further vicious downward spiral).

The big stumbling blocks might be 1) the quality of player the club is able to bring in may not be good enough; 2) can HFC offer decent wages to attract those quality players? and 3) will quality players want to play in the second division / championship?

Not trying to be "negative". Just my opinion FWIW.

Bostonhibby
23-06-2014, 09:55 PM

Petrie, please just GTF.

If he pulls out before we even knew it was him for sure I swear I will do time :-)

MyJo
23-06-2014, 09:58 PM
If he pulls out before we even knew it was him for sure I swear I will do time :-)

Im not even getting the chance to be underwhelmed by him, how underwhelming.

FranckSuzy
23-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Get well soon pal. I hope you are getting the necessary support from family (and friends?) at what must be a difficult time for you.

:faf:

Bostonhibby
23-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Im not even getting the chance to be underwhelmed by him, how underwhelming.

We could always pay him off now?

Criswell
23-06-2014, 10:06 PM
I still maintain that sacking Butcher was a bigger gamble than retaining him.

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 10:07 PM

Sorry, you'll have to expand on that!

nribs
23-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Hope you have your tin hat on :)

johnrebus
23-06-2014, 10:12 PM
You just hate jumping to negative conclusions eh?

What a waste of bandwidth.

You're not quite a wit. But you're half way there

johnrebus
23-06-2014, 10:14 PM

Radio head are *****.

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 10:15 PM

S a c k i n g B u t c h e r w a s a b i g g e r g a m b l e t h a n r e t a i n i n g h i m .

HKhibby
23-06-2014, 10:17 PM

Shame they never did it last season

johnrebus
23-06-2014, 10:17 PM
What a dismal world you live in

How the **** would you know?

Supporting Hibs is ****ing dismal.

Hadn't you noticed?

HKhibby
23-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Hope is all we can do...but at the present rate of which things are going...maybe is all!

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 10:21 PM
You're not quite a wit. But you're half way there

That's almost as puerile as the rest of the crap that you post.

MyJo
23-06-2014, 10:27 PM
S a c k i n g B u t c h e r w a s a b i g g e r g a m b l e t h a n r e t a i n i n g h i m .

:tee hee:

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 10:42 PM

:greengrin :top marks

Criswell

I still believe that he was the man that would have turned Hibs around. To only give him seven months was ridiculous. He was sacked for all the wrong reasons, not because we were relegated. If anybody could persuade players of a decent quality to come and play in the Scottish Championship then it would be him. He still has a great deal of respect and stature within the game.

We have left ourselves too little time to replace him to make a serious promotion challenge, so now we are looking at a minimum of two seasons in the Championship. That is a huge financial hit.

I concede that Butcher made mistakes, and most likely under-estimated the deep-seated malaise that pervades this club from top to bottom. I would suggest that he is probably the best qualified person to tackle these problems, having experienced them first hand, and would know exactly what was needed to remedy them, and was willing to do so.

I wish Stubbs well, but he is another rookie manager, and he could not have come into Hibs at a more challenging time. Still think that he is a big gamble.

Jonnyboy
How the **** would you know?

Supporting Hibs is ****ing dismal.

Hadn't you noticed?

Just a stab in the dark, based on the joy pouring out of every post you make

FranckSuzy
23-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Shame they never did it last season

Just a wee query but why do you put your username on every post you make? We know it's you :greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 10:46 PM
I still believe that he was the man that would have turned Hibs around. To only give him seven months was ridiculous. He was sacked for all the wrong reasons, not because we were relegated. If anybody could persuade players of a decent quality to come and play in the Scottish Championship then it would be him. He still has a great deal of respect and stature within the game.

We have left ourselves too little time to replace him to make a serious promotion challenge, so now we are looking at a minimum of two seasons in the Championship. That is a huge financial hit.

I concede that Butcher made mistakes, and most likely under-estimated the deep-seated malaise that pervades this club from top to bottom. I would suggest that he is probably the best qualified person to tackle these problems, having experienced them first hand, and would know exactly what was needed to remedy them, and was willing to do so.

I wish Stubbs well, but he is another rookie manager, and he could not have come into Hibs at a more challenging time. Still think that he is a big gamble.

The two seasons is only your take on it but I respect your right to have that view.

Our last two 'rookies' were John Collins who won a cup and Tony Mowbray who didn't do a bad job :wink: I know TM had some cracking youngsters to work with but he supplemented them with players he had knowledge of from his time as a youth coach at Ipswich. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Stubbs could do the same :thumbsup:

matty_f
23-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Folks, please keep on topic and leave the personal stuff in the playground.

P.s. Radiohead are good. :greengrin:

SteveHFC
23-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Folks, please keep on topic and leave the personal stuff in the playground.

P.s. Radiohead are good. :greengrin:

Radiohead are rubbish :greengrin

GreenLake
23-06-2014, 11:59 PM

i will back them on the park but they need to be moved on ASAP.

NOLA
23-06-2014, 11:59 PM
If he's read through some of the threads on this forum, I wouldn't blame him if he did. It's not just a team he (and LD) needs to turn around, but a whole club. What a mess Butcher & Petrie have presided over and left. It's a scandal.

Whoever takes on this job, all the supporters are going to have to try to get right behind the manager IMHO. If that happens, then that's a start. (However, the level of anger and disillusion which exists amongst the support does not bode well for this to happen, and we could then go into a further vicious downward spiral).

The big stumbling blocks might be 1) the quality of player the club is able to bring in may not be good enough; 2) can HFC offer decent wages to attract those quality players? and 3) will quality players want to play in the second division / championship?

Not trying to be "negative". Just my opinion FWIW.

good points well made, ive not known our support to be so fractured as we are now, the level of anger/disillusionment/apathy is something that isnt going away anytime soon, huge times for our club ahead which is stating the bloody obvious

Septimus
24-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Our real problem is that we somehow expect the management team at Hibs to be Hibs supporters when it is quite obvious they don't give a damn. The sense of urgency which pervades the posts above simply does not exist at boardroom level.

We will get a new manager sometime and all the fulminating will have done nothing but raise our collective blood pressure. Does anyone in power really care that our chances of doing well next season diminish with each day that passes?

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2014, 08:12 AM

He'd achieved that, he turned a boring middle of the table side into a team that were relegated. Nothing needed turned round, it just needed improved, and he was completely incapable of doing that.

johnrebus
24-06-2014, 08:14 AM
That's almost as puerile as the rest of the crap that you post.

That's rich coming from you.

johnrebus
24-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Just a stab in the dark, based on the joy pouring out of every post you make

The worst Hibs set up in living memory, but hey, we'll all be happy clappers.

The truth hurts.

:dancer:

johnrebus
24-06-2014, 08:21 AM
I reckon Hibs should be relegated by Hearts 0-8 to clinch the championship with an all time points total record and that we are liquidated the following day and all of the famous five are converted in photoshop to wearing maroon jerseys as revisionist history for future generations just to ensure you will still have something to post about yer wrist slashing....

:dead:

dangermouse
24-06-2014, 08:25 AM

How on earth can anyone still believe Butcher could turn this club around. He took a team that were mid table mediocrity to relegation fodder bereft of confidence and resorting to hoofball coupled with dreadful man management skills. He had chance after chance towards the end of the season to get the necessary points to keep us in the top division and failed at every turn. His assistant appeared to be more interested in exchanging obscenities with supporters instead of concentrating on getting a winning team on the park.

If Butcher was still our manager I'd be putting my mortgage on not getting out of the Championship next season.

number 27
24-06-2014, 08:28 AM

The truth hurts.

I think I am in the same place you are regarding Hibs.

Relegated from the weakest ever SPL. Not even second favourites to go back up. An untried manager. Hardly any decent players. ST sales way down and,to cap it all Petrie still squats in the boardroom like some great smug toad.

On the other hand we have some vaguely promising talk from our new CEO and we have revamped coaching for 8-11 yr olds. I find it amazing that so many on here are trying to enforce optimism when, so far, we have seen nothing to actually justify it.

mcfly
24-06-2014, 08:31 AM

Deary me most ridiculous post on here for a long time.

Get a grip son.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Don't know if there's any truth in this but my mate whos a media facilitator for sky sports says hibs are waiting for stubbs to pick his back room staff before making an announcement and he may also be bringing some players in with him .....the hibs scout had ear marked some players and LD is running the rule over them but stubbs has the final say and is keen to bring in 2 or 3 players that he knows personnaly

mcfly
24-06-2014, 08:32 AM
:greengrin :top marks

No it wasn't. He was hopeless and got us relegated.

crewetollhibee
24-06-2014, 08:33 AM
How on earth can anyone still believe Butcher could turn this club around. He took a team that were mid table mediocrity to relegation fodder bereft of confidence and resorting to hoofball coupled with dreadful man management skills. He had chance after chance towards the end of the season to get the necessary points to keep us in the top division and failed at every turn. His assistant appeared to be more interested in exchanging obscenities with supporters instead of concentrating on getting a winning team on the park.

If Butcher was still our manager I'd be putting my mortgage on not getting out of the Championship next season.

Oh he'd have got us out the Championship alright !!

Hibs7
24-06-2014, 09:26 AM
If this is the new way of communicating with the fans then I am afraid LD has failed.. We read more about what is supposedly happening in the papers or on here than we get from Hibs .. Not a lot of improvement so far to see!!!

stoneyburn hibs
24-06-2014, 09:48 AM
If this is the new way of communicating with the fans then I am afraid LD has failed.. We read more about what is supposedly happening in the papers or on here than we get from Hibs .. Not a lot of improvement so far to see!!!

You're right, we get more news from here and in the papers about what is supposedly happening at Hibs.

Have a wee bit patience and wait to hear what is actually happening from the club itself.

nribs
24-06-2014, 09:51 AM

Supposedly happening though. Hibs will comment on what is actually happening.

Hibs7
24-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Supposedly happening though. Hibs will comment on what is actually happening.

An update would help !!

Beefster
24-06-2014, 10:03 AM
An update would help !!

Hibs are in the process of recruiting a manager. Does that help?

JimBHibees
24-06-2014, 10:04 AM

I think there needs to be a wee bit of understanding of the position the club may be in if for example say Stubb's assistant who initially said he would come decides he doesn't want to come. Sometimes these sort of negotiations can take time especially if Stubbs agent is at WC. I am sure in the next day or so some announcement will be made one way or the other. It would be wrong for the club to be making an announcement on what if's.

Hibs7
24-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Hibs are in the process of recruiting a manager. Does that help?

Nice one, but even the papers and on here tell us more .. And if it is not Stubbs then there has been some very strange leaks been made or poor assumptions .. But I doubt it !

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-06-2014, 10:15 AM
It'll be his wages, the cynic in me knows Leanne picked him and went to the board with rod trying to lower his

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Turkish Green
24-06-2014, 10:17 AM
I think there needs to be a wee bit of understanding of the position the club may be in if for example say Stubb's assistant who initially said he would come decides he doesn't want to come. Sometimes these sort of negotiations can take time especially if Stubbs agent is at WC. I am sure in the next day or so some announcement will be made one way or the other. It would be wrong for the club to be making an announcement on what if's.
They do not even have to go that far for me.

All the PR team needed to do was issue a statement to say to the effect: LD had carried out her initial review of the 40 applicants for the manager's position. Following interviews with the short listed four (?) candidates, LD has put her recommendation to the Board. Contractual negotiations are still ongoing with the preferred candidate and his agent and Hibernian FC hope to be in a position to announce our new manager as soon as negotiations are completed. In the meantime training at East Mains will be taken by __________

Instead we are left to read rumour and speculation in the media, a lot of which is picked up from .net.

WestCoastHibby
24-06-2014, 10:26 AM
The bile and negativity makes me wonder why I bothered joining this forum. It's tough being a Hibs fan at the best of times but theres just so much depression on here just now.
Keep the faith
Ps Stubbs, or A.N Other if they did have time to read these all you would see is their shoe size as they turn and run

Hibs7
24-06-2014, 10:29 AM

All the PR team needed to do was issue a statement to say to the effect: LD had carried out her initial review of the 40 applicants for the manager's position. Following interviews with the short listed four (?) candidates, LD has put her recommendation to the Board. Contractual negotiations are still ongoing with the preferred candidate and his agent and Hibernian FC hope to be in a position to announce our new manager as soon as negotiations are completed. In the meantime training at East Mains will be taken by __________

Instead we are left to read rumour and speculation in the media, a lot of which is picked up from .net.

Totally agree .. :thumbsup:

steakbake
24-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Petrie Out, TurkishGreen In.

Beefster
24-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Nice one, but even the papers and on here tell us more .. And if it is not Stubbs then there has been some very strange leaks been made or poor assumptions .. But I doubt it !

I don't understand why folk get worked up because a paper or poster says there will be an announcement on xday and it doesn't happen. If you get annoyed at the club after a paper or poster gets it wrong, you're directing your annoyance at the wrong place.

The club will announce news when it actually happens - no speculation, no bull****. I really don't want to see the club wasting wages on putting pointless updates like "The process continues" on the website though.

JimBHibees
24-06-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't understand why folk get worked up because a paper or poster says there will be an announcement on xday and it doesn't happen. If you get annoyed at the club after a paper or poster gets it wrong, you're directing your annoyance at the wrong place.

The club will announce news when it actually happens - no speculation, no bull****. I really don't want to see the club wasting wages on putting pointless updates like "The process continues" on the website though.

Totally agree. It will be announced when it is ready to be announced.

Hermit Crab
24-06-2014, 12:23 PM
The poor communication between the club and fans astounds me. For a club that needs the support back quickly the club really is it's own worst enemy.

Peevemor
24-06-2014, 12:29 PM
The poor communication between the club and fans astounds me. For a club that needs the support back quickly the club really is it's own worst enemy.

What if there's nothing concrete to announce?

PeterboroHibee
24-06-2014, 12:40 PM
What if there's nothing concrete to announce?

Although the club obviously cant announce things that havent been finalised, I think its a fair point that they should be looking to get the fans back on side. Its been a month since we were relegated and Im not sure anyone is any the wiser as to what the actual plans are for next season, or when things are even going to start moving forward.

Beefster
24-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Although the club obviously cant announce things that havent been finalised, I think its a fair point that they should be looking to get the fans back on side. Its been a month since we were relegated and Im not sure anyone is any the wiser as to what the actual plans are for next season, or when things are even going to start moving forward.

AFAIK, the plan is to get promoted.

Peevemor
24-06-2014, 12:43 PM

I know and I'm as frustrated as the next person, but official statements about grass growing don't really interest me either. I think that LD is savvy enough to know the need for positive news.

ekhibee
24-06-2014, 01:19 PM
I phoned Hibs about 5 mins ago (24/06/2014 @ 14.05) to ask if there was any announcement due regarding a new manager and was told that any announcement will appear on the official Hibernian.fc website although she didn't give me any details when. I'd be very surprised if there's an announcement today, and I'm not even totally convinced that Stubbs is going to be the manager, all the stuff regarding him getting the managers job is pure speculation as far as I can see.

easty
24-06-2014, 01:22 PM
I phoned Hibs about 5 mins ago (24/06/2014 @ 14.05) to ask if there was any announcement due regarding a new manager and was told that any announcement will appear on the official Hibernian.fc website although she didn't give me any details when. I'd be very surprised if there's an announcement today, and I'm not even totally convinced that Stubbs is going to be the manager, all the stuff regarding him getting the managers job is pure speculation as far as I can see.

Do you want to phone Hibs back and ask if we're signing anyone. Also, if you could ask what shade of green the new strip is going to be, that'd be great. :aok:

hfc rd
24-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Do you want to phone Hibs back and ask if we're signing anyone. Also, if you could ask what shade of green the new strip is going to be, that'd be great. :aok:

;)

PeterboroHibee
24-06-2014, 01:27 PM

Why would Hibs tell a random person who phoned up something that has yet to be officially announced? Even telling you when an announcement will be made is, in essence, confirming the appointment. Someone has also put a picture of Stubbs at EM on another thread so it looks like it is happening!

Lucius Apuleius
24-06-2014, 01:34 PM
It is still my opinion that HIbs conduct their business properly. Announcements are made when there is something to actually announce. Anything in between, such as Hibs are still in the process of recruiting a manager would definitely be met with cries wondering why the hell they bother. Even if and even when Stubbs is announced there will be posts, and I could probably name some of those who will do it, saying why bother telling us something we already knew? Why is the Hibs site always so far behind the papers? Announcements will be made when there is something to announce. Patience is a virtue, be virtuous.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2014, 06:50 PM

The truth hurts.

Your version does. You must be in agony

Jonnyboy
24-06-2014, 06:51 PM
No it wasn't. He was hopeless and got us relegated.

Woooooooooshhhh

Keith_M
24-06-2014, 06:56 PM

So, how surprised were you then?

:greengrin

bigwheel
24-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Do people actually do that ? Call Hibs to ask for press and PR plans ...jeez, I think Hibs should share a summary of the enquiries they get - I bet it would be a magnificent fun read !

timewilltell
24-06-2014, 07:10 PM

Why on earth would they divulge that information to you??

nribs
24-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Are you surprised and totally convinced?

AngusHibby
24-06-2014, 09:06 PM
hahaha!

johnrebus
24-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Your version does. You must be in agony

You are obviously a very learned man.

Give me a week and I'll try to work out what the **** you are talking about.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2014, 10:31 PM
You are obviously a very learned man.

Give me a week and I'll try to work out what the **** you are talking about.

No rush. Take as long as you like