View Full Version : 1st day back at training

GreenCastle
23-06-2014, 10:38 AM
http://www.snspix.com/23-06-14-hibernian-return-to-training/photo/115040.html

Some pictures...Liam Craig present also it looks like

Steve-O
23-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Ross Caldwell there too.

Realistically, this team should be not that bad! Hopefully Stubbs or whoever can get some confidence and have them playing something that resembles football.

S4uzee
23-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Heffernan should be put on the transfer list immediately for wearing jeans with flip flops :greengrin

SlickShoes
23-06-2014, 10:44 AM
SNS be trollin - "Hibernian ace Ryan McGivern arrives for pre-season training "

Just_Jimmy
23-06-2014, 10:45 AM
That refers to McGivern as an 'ace'.

Eh....

SlickShoes
23-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Also can Alex Harris not afford a holdall? he's brought a bin bag....

Steven_Hibs
23-06-2014, 10:46 AM
If any of those get a game next season, we are never getting out of this league. They are utterly honking. Excluding Stanton and Cummings.

--------
23-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Also can Alex Harris not afford a holdall? he's brought a bin bag....

No - that's the bag with the cat in it.

Later today he'll let the cat out of the bag and we'll all be celebrating the appointment of Billy Dodds and Alan Preston as our new management team.

Salisbury Hibby
23-06-2014, 11:02 AM
SNS be trollin - "Hibernian ace Ryan McGivern arrives for pre-season training "

That made me laugh. Who's he shaking hands with Alex Harris?

GreenCastle
23-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Any idea if they actually played any football?

Maybe small sided games or light running ?

Must have been a surreal experience for the players turning up with such a small squad and no manager / goalkeepers in the squad.

Massive job for Stubbs!

Bad Martini
23-06-2014, 11:22 AM

Does Fifa on the XBox count? :greengrin

Adios to the lot of them, with very few exceptions. Seriously.

No balls and relegation = **** off with your second chance and if we had the time/money/replacements most ALL of you would be out of here, make NAE mistake about it.

ENDOF

Barney McGrew
23-06-2014, 11:23 AM

If last season was anything to go by, it's unlikely.

hibs4thecup1988
23-06-2014, 11:30 AM
That made me laugh. Who's he shaking hands with Alex Harris?

Conner Duthie.

Spike Mandela
23-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Young lad in picture with Craig, Caldwell and Heff is young Grangemouth lad Jordan MacGregor promoted from U-17s. He scored winner in EOS shield v Hearts.

scoopyboy
23-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Euan Smith there, I thought he was released along with Baptie and Black:confused:

hihohibby
23-06-2014, 11:39 AM
I've never felt so uninspired seeing this group of losers turning up for training. To think that our hopes depend on these same journeymen clinching a possible league title!!:rolleyes:

DH1875
23-06-2014, 11:39 AM
So who took the training today? Maybe if they did have a kick about our chief scout went in goals.

S4uzee
23-06-2014, 11:40 AM

Must have been a surreal experience for the players turning up with such a small squad and no manager / goalkeepers in the squad.

Massive job for Stubbs!
Wonder who went in goals if there was shooting practice as we've no keeper? Probably still miss

scoopyboy
23-06-2014, 11:41 AM
I've never felt so uninspired seeing this group of losers turning up for training. To think that our hopes depend on these same journeymen clinching a possible league title!!:rolleyes:

And there was me thinking we would be allowed to bring players in. Silly me.

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Especially since Petrie's not going to authorise any signings! :grr:

tomhorn
23-06-2014, 11:44 AM

well they didnae play any football last season...

Keith_M
23-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Petrie, get it sorted!!!

Oops, sorry......

:wink:

CapitalGreen
23-06-2014, 11:48 AM

I think you need to learn the definition of Journeyman. Only 2 players in those pics could you feasibly call journeymen (Jones and Heffernan)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-06-2014, 11:51 AM
So who took the training today? Maybe if they did have a kick about our chief scout went in goals.

Reckon it would have been James McD.

Unseen work
23-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Euan Smith there, I thought he was released along with Baptie and Black:confused:

Was under the same impression!

Brooster
23-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Thats what I thought, Smith, Black, Baptie, Wilson and Caldwell all released was the info I received.

R11Loaded
23-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Was under the same impression!

I thought Baptie and Black were about to break through last season... Surely they weren't released!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Hibstrooper
23-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Nice to see a lot of the negativity towards the players has been dropped for the new season :rolleyes:

Sure it feels good to vent, however these guys are Hibs players. Supporting them and giving them encouragement will get us a lot further than berating them already, even if it is just meant in jest.

Clean slate for all the players, that includes the boo-boys - you never know with a bit of backing they may surprise you.

Gettin' Auld
23-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Looks like Marsella has had some close season liposuction........Why would a 'scout' turn up at the first day of training anyway?

Paisley Hibby
23-06-2014, 12:07 PM

Hope the bloke coming in with LD isn't our fitness coach 😊

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Looks like Marsella has had some close season liposuction........Why would a 'scout' turn up at the first day of training anyway?

To "be prepared"?

SteveHFC
23-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Ryan McGivern still here?:rolleyes:

Gus Fring
23-06-2014, 12:13 PM

Why would the Chief Executive turn up?

Why would a bunch of players people on here were adamant had been released turn up?

Maybe the players were training and Leeann had a meeting with Marsella?

Maybe Marsella needs to identify what positions need strengthened?

Barney McGrew
23-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Why would the Chief Executive turn up?

The players hadn't met her yet. Today was the first opportunity she'll have had to introduce herself to them and no doubt talk them through where things are right now.

GreenLake
23-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Average cars, average players.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-06-2014, 12:18 PM
I notice Nelson ain't in any of the pics :wink:

Makaveli
23-06-2014, 12:23 PM

The caption says "Hibernian goalkeeping coach Steve Marcella arrives for pre-season training", so either they're wrong or that's still part of his role.

Dunno what goalkeepers we have like.

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Nice to see a lot of the negativity towards the players has been dropped for the new season :rolleyes:

Sure it feels good to vent, however these guys are Hibs players. Supporting them and giving them encouragement will get us a lot further than berating them already, even if it is just meant in jest.

Clean slate for all the players, that includes the boo-boys - you never know with a bit of backing they may surprise you.

This :agree:

AlbertK86
23-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Ryan Baptie just tweeted big decision to be made

Has he had a reprieve ... Anybody know

weonlywon6-2
23-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Heffernan should be put on the transfer list immediately for wearing jeans with flip flops :greengrin

Agreed but i would keep him,hes our kris boyd

weonlywon6-2
23-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Well at least they wont have to fight for spaces in the car park

JimBHibees
23-06-2014, 01:00 PM

I appreciate social media is popular nowadays however are there no players that can make a decision without informing the world they have one to make. :greengrin

GordonHFC
23-06-2014, 01:04 PM
And there was me thinking we would be allowed to bring players in. Silly me.

Don't know who on earth gave you that idea. Thought we would use the same 15 who turned up today and the last person picked went in goals. Thats what happened in my days and lets be honest scottish football hasn't moved on that much since.

Crazyhorse
23-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Hope the bloke coming in with LD isn't our fitness coach 

That's the first signing of the new era. Just been approved by the conduit....

weonlywon6-2
23-06-2014, 01:11 PM

He missed the turn off,bit like some of his passing

MontrealHibs
23-06-2014, 01:11 PM

He is back though, I spoke to him last night.

ferry hibby
23-06-2014, 01:13 PM
That's the first signing of the new era. Just been approved by the conduit....

Hope it is not Callum Booth after his time out on loan

Diclonius
23-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Players will be discussing how they can undermine our new manager in a couple months time or if/when results aren't going our way. They're undecided on whether to report that training is "boring" or if it's "too intensive".

scoopyboy
23-06-2014, 02:35 PM

He can stay and sign a greatly reduced contract?

Or whether to sign for HOMOFC or A.N.OTHER FC.

--------
23-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Ross Caldwell there too.

Realistically, this team should be not that bad! Hopefully Stubbs or whoever can get some confidence and have them playing something that resembles football.

Jings, Steve, dinnae say that. You'll get flayed.

I was kind of thinking the same myself. With a bit of direction and coaching - and a goalkeeper or two - those guys SHOULD be at least a START towards a reasonable squad. I think I saw Paul Hanlon in the background of one of those shots as well.

I'm beginning to wonder whether Butcher took the job to deliberately wreck the whole club. A bit like Cloughie at Dirty Leeds United ....

Nelson, Forster, Hanlon, Booth, Stevenson, Tudur Jones, Robertson, Craig, Handling, Cummings, Harris, McGivern, Caldwell, Stanton, Heffernan, Smith and a few others.

Now we need to know who the boss is and who he's bringing in ....

weonlywon6-2
23-06-2014, 03:40 PM

As much as i was frustrated by liam craig last year i wonder if a new manager can get him playing like his st johnstone days ?

kirk1875
23-06-2014, 03:54 PM
As much as i was frustrated by liam craig last year i wonder if a new manager can get him playing like his st johnstone days ?

Think that is more than likely, one of Butcher's many failings was playing Craig far too deep. Craig is NOT a holding midfielder he is an attacking player and IMO at his best when he is pushed further up as he was at ST J. Personally think Craig, Stanton, Stevenson and an inform Harris are a pretty decent midfield. I know they all played last season but under the right manager that midfield could compliment each other nicely. Now all we need is a couple of goal keepers, a new a defence and a new strike force and we are sorted :wink:

MyJo
23-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Think that is more than likely, one of Butcher's many failings was playing Craig far too deep. Craig is NOT a holding midfielder he is an attacking player and IMO at his best when he is pushed further up as he was at ST J. Personally think Craig, Stanton, Stevenson and an inform Harris are a pretty decent midfield. I know they all played last season but under the right manager that midfield could compliment each other nicely. Now all we need is a couple of goal keepers, a new a defence and a new strike force and we are sorted :wink:

He isn't a holding midfielder, neither is a he a left midfielder as he drifts Into the middle too often.

I'd be happy to see us playing at 4-2-3-1 with Craig, Harris and Stanton or a new left winger supporting our striker

Cameron1875
23-06-2014, 04:20 PM
That squad as it stands would be lucky to finish top 4 in the championship next season.

God help the new gaffa cause we need about 8 players to even have a chance of promotion. Absolute f****** mess :(

Hibiza
23-06-2014, 04:48 PM
who's the dude with LD? Perhaps petrie had a bad close season.

Billy Whizz
23-06-2014, 04:54 PM

He's the lad that drives the under 20''s etc to their games. Think he's on the Hibs payroll, not sure of his exact job role though

Hibeesmad
23-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Dempster called all playing and coaching staff to the training centre to say hello, let them know who their new manager is and to let them know what's happening in general

hfc rd
23-06-2014, 04:57 PM

His name is Gavin. Usually the bus driver for the U20's.

Steven_Hibs
23-06-2014, 05:16 PM

He's been offered £100 a week. £650 win bonus. No joke!

speedy_gonzales
23-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Hope the bloke coming in with LD isn't our fitness coach 

Is that not the guy that used to fork the ground at half time? I'm sure he used to go around with his son in the days after Tam McCourt got promoted from groundsman to general dogsbody/Kit man/Squad Jester???

AlbertK86
23-06-2014, 05:26 PM

Shabby...

My laddie could make a £100 a week for 15 hours work at his part time job

007 Mickey Weir
23-06-2014, 05:34 PM
So if he plays and we win he gets £750 that week. Would like to see him and Booth fighting it out for LB position.

Hibiza
23-06-2014, 05:44 PM
To "be prepared"?

:top marks

judas
23-06-2014, 06:17 PM
I feel Craig could have left. I still think he might do a job. I am quite pleased he is staying.

AlbertK86
23-06-2014, 06:18 PM
I feel Craig could have left. I still think he might do a job. I am quite pleased he is staying.

He might not be... New manager will decide

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Wonder if Man U fans are worried about the delay in Van Gaal rebuilding the side.

nribs
23-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Wonder if Man U fans are worried about the delay in Van Gaal rebuilding the side.

Probably not as he's at the world cup with a reported 200m war chest

Cameron1875
23-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Considering United have won 20 League titles before and countless other things then I think their fans (including myself) can stand a slow summer with transfers.
If they'd just been relegated and went through what Hibs have then there would be a different reaction.

Absolutely chronic patter as per.

Diclonius
23-06-2014, 06:42 PM

New contract with "don't talk about the club on social media or forfeit your week's wages" clause?

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Probably not as he's at the world cup with a reported 200m war chest

Right, so how is he going to focus on managing Holland when he is supposed to be looking for players.

Considering United have won 20 League titles before and countless other things then I think their fans (including myself) can stand a slow summer with transfers.
If they'd just been relegated and went through what Hibs have then there would be a different reaction.

Absolutely chronic patter as per.

Surely missing out on the CL has as big an implication for Man U, as relegation does for us?

Being a massive fan, you'll be able to tell me what the average Man U fan thinks, I'm sure.

nribs
23-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Right, so how is he going to focus on managing Holland when he is supposed to be looking for players.

Surely missing out on the CL has as big an implication for Man U, as relegation does for us?

Being a massive fan, you'll be able to tell me what the average Man U fan thinks, I'm sure.

He would be a piss poor manager if he can't manage Holland at the WC as well as identity players who may play for Man Utd he may already have some in the Dutch squad I'm sure he is pouring over hours of international football footage. If I was a Man Utd fan I'd be excited regarding my new manager.

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2014, 06:57 PM
He would be a piss poor manager if he can't manage Holland at the WC as well as identity players who may play for Man Utd he may already have some in the Dutch squad I'm sure he is pouring over hours of international football footage. If I was a Man Utd fan I'd be excited regarding my new manager.

Im sure you're making this up as you go along.

Run it past me, how does he pour over hours of international footage, and also train the team, pour over hours of footage on his next opponent, deal with the media, man manage the team.

Oh, I get it, his brother Hughie Van Gaal, acts as a double when the team plays, allowing Louis to run back to his hotel, switch on the VCR, and get his mobile out to talk to the agents of players who are still in the World Cup, and aren't interested in talking to anybody.

Is that how it works?

Pouring over hours of international footage. :faf: Thank god I didn't mention prescription windscreens!

nribs
23-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Im sure you're making this up as you go along.

Run it past me, how does he pour over hours of international footage, and also train the team, pour over hours of footage on his next opponent, deal with the media, man manage the team.

Oh, I get it, his brother Hughie Van Gaal, acts as a double when the team plays, allowing Louis to run back to his hotel, switch on the VCR, and get his mobile out to talk to the agents of players who are still in the World Cup, and aren't interested in talking to anybody.

Is that how it works?

Pouring over hours of international footage. :faf: Thank god I didn't mention prescription windscreens!

I have no idea what your on about. Weird very weird

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2014, 07:04 PM
I have no idea what your on about. Weird very weird

Sorry mate, that was below the belt. It's a good job you didn't get it, or I'd be feeling even worse.

To put it in a more polite way. I think Van Gaal will be concentrating on Holland 100%.

Ironically, it shouldn't harm Man U, and I don't think a delay is going to harm Hibs too much either.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-06-2014, 07:24 PM

"Xinelos" please!

hibs4thecup1988
23-06-2014, 07:30 PM

I was with 15 of them at the weekend and they are not worried

emerald green
23-06-2014, 07:33 PM
What a really depressing thread. :boo hoo:

heretoday
23-06-2014, 07:55 PM
You can bet that lot are still traumatised after the Hamilton debacle.

What a farce.

weonlywon6-2
23-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I was with 15 of them at the weekend and they are not worried

I bet none of them were from manchester !!

hibs4thecup1988
23-06-2014, 09:02 PM
I bet none of them were from manchester !!

How much?

scoopyboy
23-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Shabby...

My laddie could make a £100 a week for 15 hours work at his part time job

How many hours would he have to work a week to get £750 a week though?

Just too far away for me though to be fair, £300 a week and £450 win bonus would be a better balance IMO.

When Dundee Utd had their great team under Jim McLean they had poor basics and excellent win bonuses, not many of them grumped about their basics. The secret to getting the good wage was to win.

matty_f
23-06-2014, 09:30 PM
How many hours would he have to work a week to get £750 a week though?

Just too far away for me though to be fair, £300 a week and £450 win bonus would be a better balance IMO.

When Dundee Utd had their great team under Jim McLean they had poor basics and excellent win bonuses, not many of them grumped about their basics. The secret to getting the good wage was to win.

Hibs need to use that model, IMHO. Low basic but great incentives. Make being in the team worthwhile and make winning a big earner.

ozzie
23-06-2014, 09:31 PM

If the wjn bonus is based on u20s games bite thier hand off, if it's for the senior team are they staying he has to be in the squad? If so he will tell to raffle

nribs
23-06-2014, 09:43 PM

So even if we were to win 30 games he would get 30x£750 with the other weeks 22x£100 is that right? Doesn't seem like a huge salary not sure how much the young guys are on but that a a dreadful basic.

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 09:52 PM
The £100 per week basic is, I'm sure, total nonsense - in fact I'm not even sure it'd be legal. Why do people post this stuff?

Paisley Hibby
23-06-2014, 10:17 PM
The £100 per week basic is, I'm sure, total nonsense - in fact I'm not even sure it'd be legal. Why do people post this stuff?

Exactly. That would be well below the minimum wage (unless he's working less than 15 hours a week).

Stantons Angel
23-06-2014, 10:26 PM

I thought it was only me that felt this way after reading this post.

We have so few players at the moment and no manager either and all you can do is begin where you left off a few weeks ago!

For pity sake give us a break, what chance do any new players have when they read on here that negativity STILL rules! Im so fed up listening to it all, can we not just put the last few seasons of decline behind us.
Nothing can be as bad as we have already experienced.

The new manager, who ever that might be along with any new players who decide to sign for us need SUPPORT and they need it NOW. its sometimes seems that there is a contest going on among you to see who can moan the most!

Last season is done, its gone there is not a thing we can do about it now. You wanted rid of the manager, you wanted rid of some of the players and you got it! I know Petrie is still there, but thats another story!

Please lets start with a clean slate and some positive vibes that show we do support our team.

This is NOT going to be an easy season, this is a tough league we find ourselves in. Our team and our club need us behind them not coming on here and going over and over the same things time and time again!

Lets get out there and support HIBS, they are your club too you know!!

Before you go off on one remember this is MY opinion and mine only. you may not all agree with what im saying.

steviehibsleith
23-06-2014, 10:26 PM
So even if we were to win 30 games he would get 30x£750 with the other weeks 22x£100 is that right? Doesn't seem like a huge salary not sure how much the young guys are on but that a a dreadful basic.
Think you will find the win bonus is is only paid to the team and bench so he needs to do that to collect.

Next up for all those stating what a terrible basic guess what he doesnt have to sign, he can walk away its his choice as with all the young players. Its a risk they take but if he gets in team and does well in twelve moths time he could be playing in the Championship or first division down south earning a basic of £2000 a week.

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Think you will find the win bonus is is only paid to the team and bench so he needs to do that to collect.

Next up for all those stating what a terrible basic guess what he doesnt have to sign, he can walk away its his choice as with all the young players. Its a risk they take but if he gets in team and does well in twelve moths time he could be playing in the Championship or first division down south earning a basic of £2000 a week.

It's not terrible, it's illegal.

hfc rd
23-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Jeez! How the **** are you meant to live on that!

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Oh dear! Another .net fact is born. :rolleyes:

nribs
23-06-2014, 10:43 PM

I understand he would have to be part of the named matchday swad to collect. Still sounds like Ertha Kit to me

Bishop Hibee
23-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Given how poorly a number of these players performed last season, it beggars belief that people want to give them another another chance or berate those who despair as turkeys like Tudor-Jones and Nelson put on a Hibs jersey once again.

We need 6 decent signings minimum. Even then I have trouble believing we'll go straight back up.

Steven_Hibs
23-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Em cause I know for a fact that it's true, hence why I posted it. Why wouldn't it be legal?

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Em cause I know for a fact that it's true, hence why I posted it. Why wouldn't it be legal?

Something to do with the law on minimum wage I expect?

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 10:50 PM

:agree: £6.50/hour

Cameron1875
23-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Mcgivern and Nelson won't get another chance from me. Some people might find it negative and think everyone gets a clean slate but not this pair.

Absolute charlatans who should be ashamed to show themselves.
I fear for the atmosphere at Easter Road on 1st day of season if those two are in the starting 11. Poisonous.

gegs70
23-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Mcgivern and Nelson won't get another chance from me. Some people might find it negative and think everyone gets a clean slate but not this pair.

I fear for the atmosphere at Easter Road on 1st day of season if those two are in the starting 11. Poisonous.

We still have the same central defence McGivern, Hanlon, Nelson and Forster? I would rather have kept Mcpake for the Championship!

TheFamous1875
23-06-2014, 11:23 PM
We still have the same central defence McGivern, Hanlon, Nelson and Forster? I would rather have kept Mcpake for the Championship!

I think it's safe to assume (well, it would be if we weren't Hibernian) that we'll have at the very, very least a new centre-half. Our back four next season should be:

New RB. New CB. Hanlon. Booth.

Dempster's mantra of attacking, attractive football better pay dividends somewhere in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

--------
23-06-2014, 11:30 PM

Gonnae do your bit to make sure? :rolleyes:

Cameron1875
23-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Gonnae do your bit to make sure? :rolleyes:

I'd never go into a game looking to abuse our team/players but if we are losing against Livi and Nelson does one of his hoofs to no one then I might have a little moan.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that. We all want a winning team after all.

Iain G
23-06-2014, 11:45 PM
I hope Leeann is laying down a dress code for this lot, scruffy looking bunch, and Jandals/FlipFlops/Thongs in Scotland, don't make me laugh :wink:

I think its about time we sorted out some basic level of sartorial elegance for the first team squad. A nice bottle green sports jacket offset nicely with a purple cravat or necktie should be a minimum expectation at all times. Black, clean, polished dress shoes at all times, especially during penalty shoot outs. And the only hats allowed are the official Hibernian licensed Fedora (or the exclusive Hibernian merino wool beanie for Brockille in January). And the Hibs tartan should be utilised every matchday.

Need to get some Hibs class back and pride in their appearance. :greengrin

scoopyboy
24-06-2014, 08:01 AM

At what age does that kick in J?

Zazu62
24-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Ryan mcgivern ? Scary **** like

Hamish
24-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Sounds as if we are going back to the Jim McLean days at Tannadice with very low basic wages and higher win bonuses.

DH1875
24-06-2014, 08:16 AM
The minimum wage is currently £6.31 for over 21's. Its £5 odds if your under 21. How many hours a week would a guy not in the match day squad acyually work?

Steven_Hibs
24-06-2014, 08:17 AM
:agree: £6.50/hour

Well they only train for a maximum of 4 hours a week. 4 times a week! Definitely legal lol

Steve20
24-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Agreed but i would keep him,hes our kris boyd

Apart from the fact that Kris Boyd scores lots of goals and Heffernan is rank. How the likes of Heffernan, Craig, McGivern, Nelson and Tudor-Jones are allowed to stay after their shambolic performances last season is ridiculous. Going got tough, they went hiding. These type of players won't get us promoted.

Never mind 6-8 players in. This squad needs alot more than that.

nribs
24-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Well they only train for a maximum of 4 hours a week. 4 times a week! Definitely legal lol

Is that true that they are only in for 16hrs per week? Wow.

oconnors_strip
24-06-2014, 08:50 AM

They may only train for a few hours but they are in doing other things at east mains.

Stop trying to stir up personal details with players on here

HFC 0-7
24-06-2014, 09:06 AM
The minimum wage for under 21's is only £5.03. He would need to work 20 hours per week to make more than £100 on that. Could they be paying him as an apprentice? If so that would mean the minimum wage would only be £2.68.

I very much doubt that any hibs footballer 'works' over 20 hours per week.

DH1875
24-06-2014, 09:14 AM
The minimum wage for under 21's is only £5.03. He would need to work 20 hours per week to make more than £100 on that. Could they be paying him as an apprentice? If so that would mean the minimum wage would only be £2.68.

I very much doubt that any hibs footballer 'works' over 20 hours per week.

Surely if their in the match day squad they'd be doing more than 20 hours per week?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Bottom line is, is Baptie really only being offered £100 a week?

truehibernian
24-06-2014, 09:27 AM
I don't think anyone knows the true contract details of young footballers, however regardless of the amounts being posted, surely footballers have to now concede that in order to get the lucrative contracts in football you have to work for it, work hard and work longer - simple as that.

Its why we don't qualify for tournaments, it's why our young players are not as technically as gifted as other nations, it's why we are a poor football nation - we lack the hunger, desire and work ethic to really succeed and perfect footballing skills - that doesn't come in an easy 'minimum wage' calculation.

Young players have an 'easy' decision for me - take a look at the players recently released and the struggles that are having finding a club. One midfielder has trained with three lower division clubs and is still to find a job/club (East Fife, Livi and Airdrie) - Hibs are a huge club in Scotland so for me it is a 'careful what you wish for' scenario.

Work hard, play well, earn your money the right way and stay committed to Hibernian FC - or you'll end up on quite literally the lower division merry-go-round and even then toil to find a club that just wants you - let alone can pay you !

I keep harping back to last season and a respected ex player and now coach saying to me 'Hibs young players have it easy (referring to Harris, Handling, Caldwell, etc)......they think they've made it and they think football is about coming in for the mornings and going away by lunch.......they should be in for double sessions and perfecting techniques.....'

Sure we all need paid, we all have bills, we all need to work in hard jobs - but a paid footballer is for me a privileged position to be in these days - we would all love to be in their boots !

Rickie Lambert worked in a beetroot plant 13 years ago when no clubs came calling. ......this year he played in a World Cup for England in Brazil :aok: that should be any young footballers dream and aim (World Cup, not working for Baxters :greengrin)

TowerHibs
24-06-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't think anyone knows the true contract details of young footballers, however regardless of the amounts being posted, surely footballers have to now concede that in order to get the lucrative contracts in football you have to work for it, work hard and work longer - simple as that.

Its why we don't qualify for tournaments, it's why our young players are not as technically as gifted as other nations, it's why we are a poor football nation - we lack the hunger, desire and work ethic to really succeed and perfect footballing skills - that doesn't come in an easy 'minimum wage' calculation.

Young players have an 'easy' decision for me - take a look at the players recently released and the struggles that are having finding a club. One midfielder has trained with three lower division clubs and is still to find a job/club (East Fife, Livi and Airdrie) - Hibs are a huge club in Scotland so for me it is a 'careful what you wish for' scenario.

Work hard, play well, earn your money the right way and stay committed to Hibernian FC - or you'll end up on quite literally the lower division merry-go-round and even then toil to find a club that just wants you - let alone can pay you !

I keep harping back to last season and a respected ex player and now coach saying to me 'Hibs young players have it easy (referring to Harris, Handling, Caldwell, etc)......they think they've made it and they think football is about coming in for the mornings and going away by lunch.......they should be in for double sessions and perfecting techniques.....'

Sure we all need paid, we all have bills, we all need to work in hard jobs - but a paid footballer is for me a privileged position to be in these days - we would all love to be in their boots !

Rickie Lambert worked in a beetroot plant 13 years ago when no clubs came calling. ......this year he played in a World Cup for England in Brazil :aok: that should be any young footballers dream and aim (World Cup, not working for Baxters :greengrin)

yeah i agree. He wont be on £100 a week, dont care what anyone says. Possible on £250/£300 but enough to get by on, especially when your probably staying at your mums and getting your tea made.

I have said on similar threads that when i was full time at a couple of SPL clubs, we were employees of the club. Which meant we training in mornings, had lunch, trained for an hour or in afternoon and were then on ground staff duty - either cleaning boots, changing rooms, kit. I'm not sure this happens now. The average footballer no longer has to "break in" his boots therefore usually wear a new pair every week. To me, double sessions are a must for anyone under 24/25. Not being ran into the ground but practise/practise/practise. Pirlo, Ronaldo, Beckham, Scholes etc trainied twice a day. Sooner we get a manager/culture where the players start to realise they can offer a lot more the better

It gave us a grounding and made you appreciate the luxuries when it came (training with 1st team). The pictures of Ross Caldwell, Harris, Forster swanning in on flip flops, kit in bin bags show a lack of personal pride a little bit. You should always have the attitude that you are constantly being montitored, assessed and evaluated. You are representing the club 24 hours a day

HFC 0-7
24-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Surely if their in the match day squad they'd be doing more than 20 hours per week?

They train maybe 3 or 4 hours per day 4 times a week. Then a matc at about 4 hours. I would imagine as well the fact they get paid during close season, season breaks etc when they are not actually working gets factored in as well. My point Is really that if this player is being offered £100 per week basic, then it's probably not illegal as some posters are claiming.

jacomo
24-06-2014, 10:49 AM

Massive job for Stubbs!

Combination of trust exercises (closing your eyes and falling backwards, relying on your team mate to catch you) and running up Gullane sand dunes. We are going to get off to a flyer!

:wink:

Brightside
24-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Oh dear! Another .net fact is born. :rolleyes:

I agree its probably made up...but would it be illegal. These boys are all PT arent they... no one does more than about 3 hrs "work" a day!

Also - arent players Self Employed?

nribs
24-06-2014, 11:19 AM
I agree its probably made up...but would it be illegal. These boys are all PT arent they... no one does more than about 3 hrs "work" a day!

Also - arent players Self Employed?

Do players honestly only go in for 3hrs a day? i find that staggering?
I dont think players can be self employed i may be wrong but that would mean they could play for anyone at anytime? And Hearts wouldn't have been due the tax man a big swedge of cash?

Brightside
24-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Also - I'd fine players for turning up to training like that. Every single member of staff should adhere to the dress code. They are given training gear and pre game gear. It should be worn.

Billychaotic182
24-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Also - I'd fine players for turning up to training like that. Every single member of staff should adhere to the dress code. They are given training gear and pre game gear. It should be worn.

Hope this is a joke

Brightside
24-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Hope this is a joke

Nope. if you are on club business you should be in colours. Happens at nearly all youth clubs.

Peevemor
24-06-2014, 11:30 AM
They train maybe 3 or 4 hours per day 4 times a week. Then a matc at about 4 hours. I would imagine as well the fact they get paid during close season, season breaks etc when they are not actually working gets factored in as well. My point Is really that if this player is being offered £100 per week basic, then it's probably not illegal as some posters are claiming.

An away match itself will easily count as 6hrs+

Close season = holidays. I think even footballers are entitled to them, even though they often have to work on public holidays.

Unless Hibs are going part-time, no player will be on as little as £100/week.

Billychaotic182
24-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Nope. if you are on club business you should be in colours. Happens at nearly all youth clubs.

they have just came back from holidays and won't pick up their new Nike training kit till the arive. You are just looking for reasons to have a go. Next it will be alex Harris's hair cut. Jeezo man they showed up to work in their own clothes before they even start and you want to fine them.

silverhibee
24-06-2014, 11:35 AM

And they would have been given that gear yesterday and it will get worn for training days and match days, unless there has been cutbacks and they don't get it anymore.

What is the dress code at Hibs. ?

Biggie
24-06-2014, 11:35 AM
yeah i agree. He wont be on £100 a week, dont care what anyone says. Possible on £250/£300 but enough to get by on, especially when your probably staying at your mums and getting your tea made.

I have said on similar threads that when i was full time at a couple of SPL clubs, we were employees of the club. Which meant we training in mornings, had lunch, trained for an hour or in afternoon and were then on ground staff duty - either cleaning boots, changing rooms, kit. I'm not sure this happens now. The average footballer no longer has to "break in" his boots therefore usually wear a new pair every week. To me, double sessions are a must for anyone under 24/25. Not being ran into the ground but practise/practise/practise. Pirlo, Ronaldo, Beckham, Scholes etc trainied twice a day. Sooner we get a manager/culture where the players start to realise they can offer a lot more the better

It gave us a grounding and made you appreciate the luxuries when it came (training with 1st team). The pictures of Ross Caldwell, Harris, Forster swanning in on flip flops, kit in bin bags show a lack of personal pride a little bit. You should always have the attitude that you are constantly being montitored, assessed and evaluated. You are representing the club 24 hours a day

Yeah, I was surprised to see them using bin bags to bring their gear in....ffs c'mon guys, they must have a kitbag in their house somewhere !?......whilst that looked ridiculous, I assumed it was because they were maybe going into the HTC to pick up their training gear, and that would include a bag and spare tops/shorts for the season ahead.

BVB Hibs
24-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Can we not let this turn into Rowan Vines beard? Who cares how they show up outside the training ground? They'll all be getting into the same kit before training anyway. They're hardly going to travel down to EM in the stuff they'll be wearing for training.

Turkish Green
24-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I was surprised to see them using bin bags to bring their gear in....
Usually you'd be using a bin bags to take your gear out.

Not one of them looked anywhere near respectable. Flip-flops??? Even at my son's youth club he must turn up to training in the club's track suit. On Saturdays he must turn up for games in white shirt and club tie.

For me this all stems from a lack of pride in the club from the players. Pride in the club needs to be instilled from grass-roots up. Pride costs nothing (RP would like that).

Brightside
24-06-2014, 11:49 AM
They should have the training gear on from last season. Its just basic discipline for players. Go along to any of the decent youth sides on a sunday or at training and they will be properly presented.

Brightside
24-06-2014, 11:52 AM
they have just came back from holidays and won't pick up their new Nike training kit till the arive. You are just looking for reasons to have a go. Next it will be alex Harris's hair cut. Jeezo man they showed up to work in their own clothes before they even start and you want to fine them.

If i was really just looking for reasons to have a go I'd come up with a lot stronger than that. Im not having a go. Jordon Forster turned up looking like he was going to training. The Venga Bus boys look like they are coming back from a stag weekend. Standards. I'll bet Forster is in better physical shape than most.

whiskas
24-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Usually you'd be using a bin bags to take your gear out.

Not one of them looked anywhere near respectable. Flip-flops??? Even at my son's youth club he must turn up to training in the club's track suit. On Saturdays he must turn up for games in white shirt and club tie.

For me this all stems from a lack of pride in the club from the players. Pride in the club needs to be instilled from grass-roots up. Pride costs nothing (RP would like that).

When I played football at uni they had the same rules. I don't remember it making me play any better funnily enough...