PDA

View Full Version : Yams

Ozyhibby
22-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Would you say that the yams have strengthened on last season?
So far I don't think they have and they were pretty terrible last year.
While we are obviously still in a sorry state, it's not as though our major rivals are pulling away from us.

Aldo
22-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Would you say that the yams have strengthened on last season? So far I don't think they have and they were pretty terrible last year. While we are obviously still in a sorry state, it's not as though our major rivals are pulling away from us.

Don't think they have losing quite a few -Stevenson, Hammill and MacDonald did ok for them. Gomis will do a job for them and the Moroccan striker is an unknown quantity.

They will be looking at different quality of player as they now need to live within their means (or they are supposed to anyway)

Plenty time to get players in. Hopefully a bit of quality. As i mentioned in another thread I'd like to see Taylor and McFadden at ER next season but it depends on who Stubbs fancies/wants to bring in.

nribs
22-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Their young guys will be another year older and will have played a season in the top flight together. They will do ok.

The_Horde
22-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Don't care what the yams are doing tbh.

Much more concerned about how hibs are shaping up.

EK_Hibs
22-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Morgaro Gomis is only 28 and easily a better and more useful midfield player than that stupid plumb Hamill.
As mentioned above, no idea if yon Moroccan boy is any better than tattoo man.
James Keatings scored goals for fun in the Celtc reserves and appeared to do well for Hamilton in the Championship last season until a very bad injury (crucial ligament damage?).. So he might bang in 20+ goals but then again he's injury prone so unlikely I would say.

madhatter
22-06-2014, 01:26 PM
While we are obviously still in a sorry state, it's not as though our major rivals are pulling away from us.

What they should be focusing on strengthening is, the foundations of the Pink Bus Shelter - when is it that the stadium (Main Stand mainly) is going to be assessed as being unsuitable?

They are weakened, and will continue to be with Caveman and 4-6-0 in charge.

They've lost McGowan, MacDonald, Stevenson, Hammill and such and what they have brought in...I wouldn't be excited about those acquisitions.

Are they planning on actually paying Heriot-Watt for the training facilities this year?

Like Rangers, I find it a bizarre notion that debts get wiped and there is talk of "strengthening". Rangers are once again in ludicrous amounts of debt and Hearts will follow suit. Too many Hearts fans in high places, we had Alex Salmond, a labour MP and various other people with power groveling over them.

The only strengthening I want to see from both Rangers and Hearts is of some moral fiber. Pay your bills.

erin go bragh
22-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Couldnt give a monkeys about them tbph .

Ggtth

offshorehibby
22-06-2014, 02:27 PM
To be honest there's far to much worrying on this board as to what hearts are doing, who gives a ****.

Turkish Green
22-06-2014, 02:42 PM
As it stands they replaced Stevenson with Keetings and Hammill with Gomis. And brought in El Hannaeiou, so they are up one forward but down 2 keepers.

However their U20s are a year older and more experienced. Their defence still resembles a sieve though.

#FromTheCapital
22-06-2014, 02:45 PM
To be honest there's far to much worrying on this board as to what hearts are doing, who gives a ****.

There's too much worrying about people worrying about what hearts are doing if you ask me. They're our closest rivals, why wouldn't we discuss what they're up to? Especially when, in theory, they'll be the team we battle it out with for that playoff spot next season.

Ozyhibby
22-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Saying let's not worry about the opposition is just silly. Hearts will be one of our strongest competitors next season. How well we do will be directly affected by how strong our competitors are.
You can bet that Alan Stubbs will be assessing their strengths and that of all the teams we play.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-06-2014, 03:00 PM
What they should be focusing on strengthening is, the foundations of the Pink Bus Shelter - when is it that the stadium (Main Stand mainly) is going to be assessed as being unsuitable?

They are weakened, and will continue to be with Caveman and 4-6-0 in charge.

They've lost McGowan, MacDonald, Stevenson, Hammill and such and what they have brought in...I wouldn't be excited about those acquisitions.

Are they planning on actually paying Heriot-Watt for the training facilities this year?

Like Rangers, I find it a bizarre notion that debts get wiped and there is talk of "strengthening". Rangers are once again in ludicrous amounts of debt and Hearts will follow suit. Too many Hearts fans in high places, we had Alex Salmond, a labour MP and various other people with power groveling over them.

The only strengthening I want to see from both Rangers and Hearts is of some moral fiber. Pay your bills.

Spot on. Funny handshakes gets you results like this. Make no mistake.

lord bunberry
22-06-2014, 03:08 PM
What shouldn't be forgotten is how bad they were last year, they went on a really good run when the pressure was off, but can they repeat that sort of form under pressure? There's no doubt that we will have to improve considerably on last season to be in the shake up, but that goes for hearts as well.

Ozyhibby
22-06-2014, 03:21 PM
What shouldn't be forgotten is how bad they were last year, they went on a really good run when the pressure was off, but can they repeat that sort of form under pressure? There's no doubt that we will have to improve considerably on last season to be in the shake up, but that goes for hearts as well.

That was my point. They only won 3 more points than us and a fair chunk of them were when the pressure was off.
So far I would say that they are weaker than last season.
Neilson has said they are looking at 4 more signings. The quality of these four will be what determines whether they are any good.
We only need for Stubbs to have the intelligence of a goldfish to improve on Butcher and we will be better than last season. Add a few good signings and all will be well.

Col2
22-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Hearts remain a weak side reliant on two to three decent young players. People forget how absolutely dreadful they were for 75% of the season. The remaining 25% was much better but only when ALL the pressure was removed as they were relegated. Some on here and mostly all of them seem to remember only the good run!

Gomis has had 2 good seasons 4 years ago but did nothing when he left united the first time. Would i want Hibs to take him? Not fussed either way. They have signed an amateur Moroccan (Leveins target man) and Keating who in unproven but might have potential. They have lost better players in MacDonald and Tattoo Man.

RIGHT NOW they have a marginally better squad than us. But we don't have a manager and expect to bring in far more than them.

We have ability to attract higher wage players and push the boat out for better signings given we have access to funding. Levein's salary takes up 60% of coaching budget (so i am told) hence the really cheap coaching appointments. They can't afford to pay Skacel a player wage as well as coaching.

Lets see where we are on the eve of the new season and i reckon things will look a lot different.

22-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Hearts have lost their main men from last year and the signings they have brought in so far are hardly striking fear in my heart but what they do have is a management structure in place and a team which is unfortunately more than us atm.

Hopefully all goes as planned and Stubbs is announced tomorrow then we can get on with building a decent team. Time is ticking, the faster this can be done then the more time the team have to gel together and for the first time in ages hopefully a bit of stability is restored. It must be unsettling for our players atm with so much upheaval.

Love the Green
22-06-2014, 08:19 PM

Aye right..dont matter who thye sign thye ****** us any time they fancied last season and have bought wisely already and are expected to sign a further 4 players and they aint pulling away from us..every team in our league ois pulling away from us.We are all awaiting a new manager and new signings another fantasy, we cant even kep the playesr we have never mind sign others..joke of a football club once again treating the fans like *****

Tricla
22-06-2014, 08:23 PM

Tricla
22-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Aye right..dont matter who thye sign thye ****** us any time they fancied last season and have bought wisely already and are expected to sign a further 4 players and they aint pulling away from us..every team in our league ois pulling away from us.We are all awaiting a new manager and new signings another fantasy, we cant even kep the playesr we have never mind sign others..joke of a football club once again treating the fans like *****

If we're a joke what does that make ***** and Sevco? We're not a joke IMO. We're just having a bad time of it.

MyJo
22-06-2014, 08:26 PM
If we're a joke what does that make ***** and Sevco? We're nota a joke IMO. We're just having a bad time of it.

True, an underwhelming start to the campaign

Tricla
22-06-2014, 08:26 PM
True, an underwhelming start to the campaign

It's not started yet.

MyJo
22-06-2014, 08:28 PM
It's not started yet.

Oh man, now I'm super underwhelmed

Lucius Apuleius
22-06-2014, 08:31 PM
I am heading towards underwhelment myself. I think maybe one or two more negatives and that will be me. Oh, and if you are underwhelmed by my status then rest assured that I am underwhelmed by your underwhelment.

MyJo
22-06-2014, 08:38 PM
I am heading towards underwhelment myself. I think maybe one or two more negatives and that will be me. Oh, and if you are underwhelmed by my status then rest assured that I am underwhelmed by your underwhelment.

Your the most underwhelming poster I've ever seen, you makes wants to sigh and shrug my shoulders so bad!

Lee
22-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Aye right..dont matter who thye sign thye ****** us any time they fanc season and have bought wisely already and are expected to sign a further 4 players and they aint pulling away from us..every team in our league ois pulling away from us.We are all awaiting a new manager and new signings another fantasy, we cant even kep the playesr we have never mind sign others..joke of a football club once again treating the fans like *****

Really? We sacked our manager who was in many ways responsible for last season's mess and got rid of a number of players who weren't up to scratch, with a few more to follow....and rightly so!

Just need to be patient for a few more days - we don't have a magic wand to have a whole new squad overnight, and I'd rather we took a few days longer and got the right man in the job in place than rush the appointment and be back to square one in a few months time.

New manager will have his targets and Marsella will have player profiles to share too.....hearts can sign another 20 players before we have a manager for all I care, as long as we get it right this time! (And we finish above em and are promoted, of course!) :)

Lucius Apuleius
22-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Your the most underwhelming poster I've ever seen, you makes wants to sigh and shrug my shoulders so bad!

Boohoo. I am underwhelmed by that underwhelming response.

mutley
22-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I couldn't give a toss what the yams are or aren't doing, IMO we spent too much time watching them last season and look what happened to us.

I'm concentrating on Hibs , what they do/who they sign/what they spend has bugger all to do with hibs.

Let them get in with it their way, and we will do it our way

MyJo
22-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Boohoo. I am underwhelmed by that underwhelming response.

I am literally shaking with indifference. Damn you

Lucius Apuleius
22-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Really? We sacked our manager who was in many ways responsible for last season's mess and got rid of a number of players who weren't up to scratch, with a few more to follow....and rightly so!

Just need to be patient for a few more days - we don't have a magic wand to have a whole new squad overnight, and I'd rather we took a few days longer and got the right man in the job in place than rush the appointment and be back to square one in a few months time.

New manager will have his targets and Marsella will have player profiles to share too.....hearts can sign another 20 players before we have a manager for all I care, as long as we get it right this time! (And we finish above em and are promoted, of course!) :)

Far too sensible an answer for here! You will be part of the establishment soon if you are not careful.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Their young guys will be another year older and will have played a season in the top flight together. They will do ok.

So they hope. doesn't always work that way.

Love the Green
22-06-2014, 08:56 PM
If we're a joke what does that make ***** and Sevco? We're not a joke IMO. We're just having a bad time of it.

A bad time of it, ffs its lasted for years. Smell the coffee, its nightmare time at ER for us poor suffering fans..

Phil D. Rolls
22-06-2014, 08:59 PM
I couldn't give a toss what the yams are or aren't doing, IMO we spent too much time watching them last season and look what happened to us.

I'm concentrating on Hibs , what they do/who they sign/what they spend has bugger all to do with hibs.

Let them get in with it their way, and we will do it our way

Mutley, you have won a medal!:top marks

Lee
22-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Far too sensible an answer for here! You will be part of the establishment soon if you are not careful.

Ha ha! Wouldn't say my glass is quite half full, more the dregs taste a bit better than they did at the end of the season!!

If anything, I'm optimistic - yeah, we're in a pretty poor predicament just now but changes in the club were needed and - so far - small steps have been taken in the right direction to address them.

Still along way to go, but looking forward to getting the new gaffer in and hopefully kicking on in terms of building a new squad - last seasons squad, tactics and management were tom kite, and we're changing it....I'll take that as a small step in the right direction :)

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2014, 09:01 PM
So they hope. doesn't always work that way.

Either way they'll still refer to them as the kids for their comfort blanket.

Septimus
23-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Presumably Hearts are waiting for our new manager to identify a few good additions to our squad at which point they will step in and offer more money. Money they don't have of course but that appears to have made little difference in the past.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-06-2014, 12:18 PM
They've just signed Neil Alexander :confused:

I just hope someone at the SPFL is keeping an eye on the spending of these sonsofbitches.

Seems to me they're at it again...

greenpaper55
23-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Ah yes, nearly 36, one for the future !.

Aldo
23-06-2014, 12:26 PM
A bad time of it, ffs its lasted for years. Smell the coffee, its nightmare time at ER for us poor suffering fans..

You could see it another way.... A new beginning/era.

This has been coming for years....7 in fact.

I am going to be positive and wait and see.

Pray4Marc
23-06-2014, 12:33 PM
One advantage the yams have is that their young galacticos got 20+ games under their belt last season. They are certainly no world beaters and many lack quality to make it at any level in the game. Gomis has been signed, poor journeyman midfielder imo. We have more quality in our small squad on paper, we just need the new manager to fur fill their potential. We will finish comfortably above the yams next season, personally I don't think they will even get in the play offs.

bigwheel
23-06-2014, 12:50 PM
I think they are making good signings tbh ...the ones I know are premier league quality players ...they will right in the mix next season I would say ...