PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Season ticket pricing.

Kevinb
21-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Any update on the season ticket prices for next year?

SteveHFC
21-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Same as last year mate :aok:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/theMission/0,,10290,00.html

sbell1875
22-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Mate who's a Falkirk fan told me yesterday he bought one for them and it cost £250. He was suitably shocked when I told him mines cost £380 (as I renewed in March / April).

Didn't have the guts to tell him it should actually be £405

Gatecrasher
22-06-2014, 04:47 PM
The ST prices have been out for months.

Carheenlea
22-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't think the £380 was excessive, and was a decent price to watch Hibs for a season. Less league games next season though so the average per game will go up a bit unless the club offer some kind of reimbursement.

Keith_M
22-06-2014, 06:11 PM
I don't think the £380 was excessive, and was a decent price to watch Hibs for a season. Less league games next season though so the average per game will go up a bit unless the club offer some kind of reimbursement.

Actually, that's a good point. If a ST holder paid £405, it means the cost of each league game would average out at £22.50 (presuming they actually make it to every match).

For £380, it averages out at £21.11.

That really is some price for First Division matches.

silverhibee
22-06-2014, 06:19 PM
I wonder if other clubs will hike up the prices when we visit there grounds, take it a walk up will be £22 at ER next season when every other club will charge £16 for away fans.

emerald green
22-06-2014, 06:25 PM
The club is going to need every penny it can get to re-build the playing squad.

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I wonder how the prices will affect the attendance of walk up fans? I know it's a lower division but if you were willing to walk up last season and pay those prices to watch Hibs then will the lower division come into your mind when walking up this year.

Eyrie
22-06-2014, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't get too obsessed by the prices. With a winning team on the pitch the fans will turn out in numbers and if we struggle then attendances will fall.

sbell1875
22-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Regardless of prices I'll support the club. However, I don't agree with the notion that prices should stay the same in a lower division playing smaller teams.

You wouldn't pay for a Tesco Value grill if it was the same price as a George Foreman!

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Regardless of prices I'll support the club. However, I don't agree with the notion that prices should stay the same in a lower division playing smaller teams.

You wouldn't pay for a Tesco Value grill if it was the same price as a George Foreman!

No but you might want to use a foreman grill to cook your Tesco value sausages.

HibbyAndy
22-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Price will make nae difference to me , Ill support Hibs through thick and thin wether its against Barcelona or Penicuik Athletic.

Hibs need us bigtime next season so those that CAN go please do so..Its a massive season for us.

monktonharp
22-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Price will make nae difference to me , Ill support Hibs through thick and thin wether its against Barcelona or Penicuik Athletic.

Hibs need us bigtime next season so those that CAN go please do so..Its a massive season for us.Oh, you make me feel so guilty that I have not renewed yet. some of the stuff I've read on this so far is cringeworthy. we are in a lower league, we are sick as f/kin pigs, we are not Barcelona, we will play Alloa, we will play Dumbarton, we will get ripped off when playing the gorgie mob, we will get ripped off when playing the govan mob, dinnae try and make me guilty, I never got us relegated! I support Hibernian fc, and I have done for more than 46 years , I also feel that the club should be giving me something back for that loyalty and hope that they will dramatically improve(not gradually improve) their PR and their commercial side of things bloody well immediately. the club shop selling merchandise, well that is a whole different ball game! don't try and make fans feel that they don't feel for the club, if they aint renewing!.

HibbyAndy
22-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Oh, you make me feel so guilty that I have not renewed yet. some of the stuff I've read on this so far is cringeworthy. we are in a lower league, we are sick as f/kin pigs, we are not Barcelona, we will play Alloa, we will play Dumbarton, we will get ripped off when playing the gorgie mob, we will get ripped off when playing the govan mob, dinnae try and make me guilty, I never got us relegated! I support Hibernian fc, and I have done for more than 46 years , I also feel that the club should be giving me something back for that loyalty and hope that they will dramatically improve(not gradually improve) their PR and their commercial side of things bloody well immediately. the club shop selling merchandise, well that is a whole different ball game! don't try and make fans feel that they don't feel for the club, if they aint renewing!.

Im no making you dae anyhing..Im merely stating that I am supporting Hibs through thick and thin YOU can DO and HINK what you want.

Taking the moral ground with me ya radge.

Criswell
22-06-2014, 10:06 PM
I thought with the appointment of Dempster we were going to see better communications between club and supporters. I am genuinely surprised there has been no statement from the club over season ticket pricing for next season, or any justification for charging Premiership prices for a lower league, and for fewer games.

On a personal note, I renewed my ST on the early bird scheme and I still feel OK about that, however I recognise that not everyone who did so will feel the same.

Still waiting for the "Winds of Change"

monktonharp
23-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Im no making you dae anyhing..Im merely stating that I am supporting Hibs through thick and thin YOU can DO and HINK what you want.

Taking the moral ground with me ya radge.taking the moral ground? and I'm a radge? big talk comes easy, and I suppose calling someone a radge makes you feel good, might be different somewhere else though instead of on here.

HH81
23-06-2014, 05:44 AM
What you doing today? I am going to argue about season ticket prices. Great.

My thoughts on them are they are too high. I get what everyone are saying about the budget but its the clubs fault were in this situation. They should be lowering the budget and paying the players championship wages, why? Cos thats what every hibs player will be this season.

Is it true there are less home games this season making the season ticket even worse value?

Jack
23-06-2014, 06:35 AM
I thought with the appointment of Dempster we were going to see better communications between club and supporters. I am genuinely surprised there has been no statement from the club over season ticket pricing for next season, or any justification for charging Premiership prices for a lower league, and for fewer games.

On a personal note, I renewed my ST on the early bird scheme and I still feel OK about that, however I recognise that not everyone who did so will feel the same.

Still waiting for the "Winds of Change"

I think we will but we'll have to appreciate LDs been rather busy at the moment. Indeed she said a week past Saturday that she'd be concentrating on football matters for the next wee while.

She also said at the start of her reign she'll be much more hands on until folk at Hibs get the hang of how she wants things done so that will cause inevitable delays for everything.

Hibs have asked the support what they would like to happen about STs and I dare say someone at the club will be number crunching all the options so that she can make an informed decision, probably quite soon if the new manager is announced today.

lucky
23-06-2014, 06:38 AM
What you doing today? I am going to argue about season ticket prices. Great.

My thoughts on them are they are too high. I get what everyone are saying about the budget but its the clubs fault were in this situation. They should be lowering the budget and paying the players championship wages, why? Cos thats what every hibs player will be this season.

Is it true there are less home games this season making the season ticket even worse value?

Got to agree, the club can not justify the highest priced ST in the league. We have 18 home games compared to 19 last season. Regardless what people on here are saying Hibs have got this wrong. As for the silence, it's not that unusual for Hibs to say nothing. It would not surprise me if they released a statement today as part of Stubbs being announced.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Season tickets were way overpriced in the SPL, in the championship they are laughable.

Zazu62
23-06-2014, 07:00 AM
How many have we sold like?

Sylar
23-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Rangers - you can get an adult season ticket for £250
Hearts - from £260
Hibs - from £355 (FF), so most of the ground covered by the £405 bracket
Falkirk - from £225 (though you can get a 'family' adult + kid ticket for £200)
Livingston - from £180
Alloa - from £180
Raith Rovers - from £230
Cowdenbeath - £210
Queen of the South - £272
Dumbarton - £235

I find that absolutely staggering!

*sources from the respective club websites

Islington Hibs
23-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Hearts - from £260
Livingston - from £180
Alloa - from £180
Raith Rovers - from £230
Cowdenbeath - £210
Dumbarton - £235

Lets see what they do. I would be staggered if they do not address this although from the website it is not obvious that there will be a change. It seems we have sold very few seasons so far so to gamble on £355/405 I think would be suicide. The guy's who post here are mainly hard core, by definition. How many walk up's will turn up for the attraction of the Cowdenbeath at home game priced £22?

There is not that close a relationship between expenditure and success(a part from when mega bucks is involved). Hibs outspend most teams in the SPL last season and Hamilton by probably 5-1 and look what happened. Within reason it is not about money but about organisation, confidence, attention to detail and a bit of luck. Even in reduced circumstance our core support is easily in the top 3 in the league and almost whatever we charge we will have a budget in the top 3. Our support is at rock bottom in terms of the pissed-off-omiter, for completely understandable reasons. Hibs would be mad to take the piss.

gegs70
23-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Hearts - from £260
Livingston - from £180
Alloa - from £180
Raith Rovers - from £230
Cowdenbeath - £210
Dumbarton - £235

I'm sure my season ticket was less in Ff lower £260, £95 for my son and got my daughters free....so most of the season tickets will say From....

calumhibee1
23-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Would we still be the second most expensive SPL team behind Celtic I presume?

DH1875
23-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Lets see what they do. I would be staggered if they do not address this although from the website it is not obvious that there will be a change. It seems we have sold very few seasons so far so to gamble on £355/405 I think would be suicide. The guy's who post here are mainly hard core, by definition. How many walk up's will turn up for the attraction of the Cowdenbeath at home game priced £22? .

As things stand at the moment I have no intention of paying £22 to watch us play cowdenbeath. For that matter, I'll no be paying it to watch the likes of Dumbarton, Alloa or Raith Rovers either. Think it'll away games for me although my location also has a lot to do with it.

Steve-O
23-06-2014, 10:14 AM
£405 for the first division?! :faf:

Absolutely crazy. As others have said, that is too high for the Premiership, never mind a league that has some part-time teams in it! When will Hibs stop ripping the pish? Never it seems :rolleyes:

I get a season ticket here in Wellington for the A-League (which IS a better standard that the Championship without doubt) for approximately £90! That's for 12 games rather than 18, but still!

Total rip off. They should slash those prices. If some people want refunds, give them the refunds, if others don't, then fine, keep it. Alternatively, give those who have paid full price this year, the difference between old price and new price as a discount next season. It really isn't that hard to resolve this in some way, but at the moment it seems they're not coming up with any solution?

lucky
23-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Hearts - from £260
Livingston - from £180
Alloa - from £180
Raith Rovers - from £230
Cowdenbeath - £210
Dumbarton - £235

Clearly Hibs have to take action, I paid £380 for mine, but FFS to try and charge £405 is taking the piss. LD has to take action on this. Previously I thought £50 off would be fair but looking the prices of others it should be at £100 cheaper. Interestingly the club is cutting costs off every budget bar the supporters own budget.

Steve-O
23-06-2014, 10:24 AM
It really is time to get the fans back on board. Some are probably fairly 'excited' about this season in a strange way, and I would be if I was back there. However at those prices, and if walk ups are going to reflect ST prices too, then I'd be much less excited and inclined to go along.

This is not a time to be charging more than 20 quid and having 6000 a week show up. It's time to charge about 15 quid a game and try and get 10,000+ along (IF we are winning).

Keith_M
23-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Hearts - from £260

Sylar, I actually (broadly) agree with your point but the STs for Hearts and The Rangers you quoted aren't really representative of their general prices.

The Rangers actually have quite a number of Restricted View seats and Hearts have much cheaper seats in their Bucket Stand, especially the bit down the front. Hibs don't actually have any such low quality seating.

I think it's fairer to compare like for like, e.g. Hibs' East Stand v The Wheatfield and Govan Front.

lord bunberry
23-06-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm sure my season ticket was less in Ff lower £260, £95 for my son and got my daughters free....so most of the season tickets will say From....

An adult season ticket for the famous five was always £355 with free kids tickets for a limited number

Ken
23-06-2014, 11:58 AM
I don't particularly want a refund this season (paid £380) as I know it will effect the budget we have for signing players/wages, but I know a lot of people do want one which I totally understand and £405 is far too high to try and entice more to purchase them. I would suggest something along the following lines:

New Season Ticket Holders - £325 (East and West) - Famous Five to be reduced in line with these reductions. Approx 20% reduction.
Those who have already renewed for £380 - No refund this season, but £50 off your season ticket for the next 2 seasons (£100 refund in total, so effectively paying £280 this season)

To be fair to Leeann, she did say in her interview with Grant Stott, that she would listen to the supporters to see what they wanted, before making a decision, so I expect to hear an announcement in the next week, once she has read this thread :greengrin

Sylar
23-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Sylar, I actually (broadly) agree with your point but the STs for Hearts and The Rangers you quoted aren't really representative of their general prices.

The Rangers actually have quite a number of Restricted View seats and Hearts have much cheaper seats in their Bucket Stand, especially the bit down the front. Hibs don't actually have any such low quality seating.

I think it's fairer to compare like for like, e.g. Hibs' East Stand v The Wheatfield and Govan Front.

That was the reason I used the 'from' criteria for most clubs, where a tiered pricing structure was available - i.e., the cheapest priced ticket you can get at the respective clubs.

There are parts of the Govan Rear (Bar 72) etc at Ibrox where seats are nearly £750 (not sure if that's some sense of hospitality or not?) and as a few people have pointed out that the Wheatfield stand for Hearts is up there with our full price. However, these are also sporadic tickets - if we were to work out an average, I would imagine we would be highest, as £405 covers 3/4's of our stadium. I think the average for Ibrox is around £350 (based on the following link) and I think Hearts' average would be similar.

http://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=IB&product=ST1415&campaign=38&type=S&productsubtype=

hibeesjoe
23-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Im sitting on the fence till I see what players come in. If Hibs push the boat out,the new manager gets too bring a few biggish signings in and we start winning then i doubt people will be too bothered about how much tickets cost.

It's the biscuit tin mentality that have scunnered people. We should be looking to build a team to take us straight back into the premiership and if that takes premiership priced season tickets then so be it. The moaning will start if we are nowhere by xmas and we continue playing wage cut losers like mcgivern.

Keith_M
23-06-2014, 12:10 PM
That was the reason I used the 'from' criteria for most clubs, where a tiered pricing structure was available - i.e., the cheapest priced ticket you can get at the respective clubs.

There are parts of the Govan Rear (Bar 72) etc at Ibrox where seats are nearly £750 (not sure if that's some sense of hospitality or not?) and as a few people have pointed out that the Wheatfield stand for Hearts is up there with our full price. However, these are also sporadic tickets - if we were to work out an average, I would imagine we would be highest, as £405 covers 3/4's of our stadium. I think the average for Ibrox is around £350 (based on the following link) and I think Hearts' average would be similar.

http://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=IB&product=ST1415&campaign=38&type=S&productsubtype=

I just had a look at the The Rangers Ticket Prices Page (http://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=IB&product=ST1415&campaign=38&type=S&productsubtype=) and you're right, there really is a very wide price difference.

To compare like for like is quite difficult but the Broomloan and Copeland Stands are £323 for the Front and £331 for the Rear, which is £32 and £74 cheaper than the equivelant seat in the Famous Five Stand.

Gordy M
23-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Im sure this was discussed before and hibs said that all their tickets were about the same price whilst other teams went for a rising price structure, did the average not work out roughly the same?? I cant remember? This was premier league prices right enough.

Gatecrasher
23-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Does the cup top up include the challenge cup?

monktonharp
24-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Would we still be the second most expensive SPL team behind Celtic I presume?I think you are getting us mixed up with one of the SPFL top league teams. WE ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM, and that is the second rung, in Scottish football terms. we just happen to be, at this moment in time, the second most expensive season ticket charging team in Scotland.

monktonharp
24-06-2014, 12:51 AM

.please point out clearly to him , that he misquoted by calling them; Rangers. no smiley reqd!

Diclonius
24-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Hearts - from £260
Livingston - from £180
Alloa - from £180
Raith Rovers - from £230
Cowdenbeath - £210
Dumbarton - £235

That is shocking. We're being taken for mugs.

Keith_M
24-06-2014, 07:38 AM
That is shocking. We're being taken for mugs.

Can I just re-iterate that those are the LOWEST prices available.

The Rangers and Hearts have some restricted view seats/low quality seating (e.g. Hearts rickety Enclosure) as well as a very small number of special offer prices. The average prices they charge are very different.

green&left
24-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Can I just re-iterate that those are the LOWEST prices available.

The Rangers and Hearts have some restricted view seats/low quality seating (e.g. Hearts rickety Enclosure) as well as a very small number of special offer prices. The average prices they charge are very different.

The Gorgie Road lower is £260 with the upper £325. The Wheatfield centre sections are £410 however their section 43 view is £325 for upper and £280 for lower. The main stand lower (unrestricted is £260) and main stand upper £280.

Their most expensive seat is £5 more than ours, however they have alot more cheaper options available to their fans.

Couldn't tell you what the huns are although I did post these a while back in a different thread:

SPL prices for next season, similar view (side stand).

Motherwell: £310
Celtic: £410 (Includes two cup games I believe)
Aberdeen: £365
Dundee Utd: £325

Hibs in the first division: £405.

Unreal.

We're a bunch of robbing barstewards and have been for some time.

cabbageandribs1875
24-06-2014, 09:53 AM
i've thought more than a few times that Mr Petrie missed a trick with the design of the east stand, if it had two tiers he would certainly have made the upper level more expensive, then again he might still introduce a 'letter tax' e.g. any seats in a double lettered row shall merit an extra £5/game charge.