PDA

View Full Version : Willie Kirk leaving Hibs

Twiglet
21-06-2014, 10:32 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/willie-kirk-leaving-hibs-ladies-for-new-role-1-3452360

I know ladies football isn't everyones favourite thing, but the ladies team have done really well over the last few years under Willie Kirk and chalenged well against the likes of Glasgow City and Celtic who have much bigger budgets. Also does quite a bit of work in the Community Foundation I think so it will be a big loss to them too.

Good luck to him in his new role.

And good luck to the ladies team in their match tomorrow.

Ronniekirk
21-06-2014, 10:46 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/willie-kirk-leaving-hibs-ladies-for-new-role-1-3452360

I know ladies football isn't everyones favourite thing, but the ladies team have done really well over the last few years under Willie Kirk and chalenged well against the likes of Glasgow City and Celtic who have much bigger budgets. Also does quite a bit of work in the Community Foundation I think so it will be a big loss to them too.

His good work has earned him this new job ,agree he will be big loss

Moon unit
22-06-2014, 07:43 AM
His good work has earned him this new job ,agree he will be big loss
Good luck to the guy,but it seems to be the Hibs way!
A challenge for LD is to make Hibs the club people aspire to come to. We need to rid ourselves as being a selling or stepping stone club!

Peevemor
22-06-2014, 07:50 AM
A challenge for LD is to make Hibs the club people aspire to come to. We need to rid ourselves as being a selling or stepping stone club!

I don't even know if he gets paid at Hibs Ladies, but he'll definitely be on a correct level of salary at his new job.

Lucius Apuleius
22-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Success breeds success. Good luck to him, well deserved.

GreenCastle
22-06-2014, 08:40 AM

Celtic and Glasgow City don't have that big budgets :confused:

If you look at the Hibs league record it's actually pretty poor over the last few years. Only last season they finished 2nd. Previously finishing 4th etc. they should have been doing better.

They should be doing better this season also but already lost to Rangers and Spartans and Glasgow City in league cup. Chances are they will lose his final game against Glasgow City also!

Regarding the foundation - we need to be doing more - compare it to the yams community foundation and they seem miles ahead of us with community involvement. Possibly why Hibs are jumping into the Spartans partnership to help the club grow this side and use their existing programmes.

Jack
22-06-2014, 08:46 AM

Every club in the world, bar a very few, is a selling or stepping stone club. Your aspire comment was a good one though :-)

Twiglet
22-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Celtic and Glasgow City don't have that big budgets :confused:

If you look at the Hibs league record it's actually pretty poor over the last few years. Only last season they finished 2nd. Previously finishing 4th etc. they should have been doing better.

They should be doing better this season also but already lost to Rangers and Spartans and Glasgow City in league cup. Chances are they will lose his final game against Glasgow City also!

Regarding the foundation - we need to be doing more - compare it to the yams community foundation and they seem miles ahead of us with community involvement. Possibly why Hibs are jumping into the Spartans partnership to help the club grow this side and use their existing programmes.

In comparison to Hibs they're pretty well off.

Willie works really hard doing the ladies coaching on top of his community foundation work. Yes, the community foundation needs a lot of work, but they do do good work, not a lot of people know about it unfortunately. Leann is on it though, she's already got ideas about things to improve the foundation.

Brightside
23-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Celtic get very little from the main club either. Glasgow City just have better sponsorships etc. even a small amount of funding in any of the Scottish clubs would see them winning the league by miles.
Willie was employed by Hibs Community Foundation and also by SFA. Hibs ladies is all volunteers.

R11Loaded
23-06-2014, 12:02 PM
They did win yesterday, 8-1. He then came along to watch Hamilton's premiership side vs Hibs ladies development and that ended 3-1 to Hamilton.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey