PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs

theonlywayisup
21-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Looks like he will be our manager.

What's your thoughts on him?

For me, it's like the Mowbray selection. Huge surprise, but I thought he demands respect for the type of player he was. I think Stubbs will be the same.

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Blue and White ****** :greengrin

21-06-2014, 08:03 PM

:greengrin

coco22
21-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Acceptable and promising. Perhaps surprising (not necessarily a bad thing). My only hope was that this manager would have a bit of experience and resilience so that, when things dont go as planned, (and it will happen) we have a plan b/c.

lord bunberry
21-06-2014, 09:06 PM
I think we've gone down the Mowbray route, my only reservation is that we're in a completely different position to when Mowbray took over. I think we've got a lot of talented youngsters( probably not as many as Mowbray had) and with the right manager a decent number of experienced pros. If Stubbs can bring in the right players he could easily be a revelation in our league. The Rangers have a poor manager and I've got a feeling that lot will be found wanting again, so if we can get it right the door is open for us.

jackh1875
21-06-2014, 09:16 PM

For me, it's like the Mowbray selection. Huge surprise, but I thought he demands respect for the type of player he was. I think Stubbs will be the same.

Stubbs sold Rooney to UTD. Massive welt IMO

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2014, 09:17 PM

Refuse to respond to a poll with the word whelmed in it ;)

Jonnyboy
21-06-2014, 09:19 PM

Dearie me

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2014, 09:20 PM

Wonder what Rooney's opinion of him is? Sounds like any advice worked out for him or would he have won as much at Everton?

theonlywayisup
21-06-2014, 09:21 PM

:rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
21-06-2014, 09:30 PM

Not true. If you're going to slag the man off, at least get it right.

jackh1875
Fight me

Jonnyboy
Not true. If you're going to slag the man off, at least get it right.

Maybe he meant Rooney is a massive welt, in which case .................. :greengrin

FranckSuzy
21-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Maybe he meant Rooney is a massive welt, in which case .................. :greengrin

One thinks he was talking about himself....

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2014, 09:34 PM
One thinks he was talking about himself....

Probably more than one...

yekimevol
21-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Another new manager where I've not gotten the man that I wanted, this time I really wanted to see either Mark Venus due to his footballing beliefs being similar to that of Mowbray the man who put the most entertaining football team on the pitch at Easter Road in a long time or Ian Murray who has done a very good job in the league where now in, playing an attractive brand of football and cares for the club.

tamig
21-06-2014, 09:44 PM
A poll about the new manager (perhaps) before he's even been officially announced. Dearie me...

Eyrie
21-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm going to need three votes so that I can claim to be right when he leads us to the Championship/Scottish Cup double this season but also when we get promoted through the playoffs but also when Stubbs is sacked just before this year's AGM.

Hermit Crab
21-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Why not. Deserves a chance and I hope he succeeds should he be appointed.

Long Time Hibee
21-06-2014, 10:16 PM
If it is Alan Stubbs, I am quietly confident that he will be a very good appointment.
Its just a gut feeling but I liked him as a player, classy quality defender and he should improve our defenders.
I'm sure we will play the ball on the deck and if David Unsworth is his No 2, he will also make us defend better.
Quietly optimistic.

mutley
21-06-2014, 10:17 PM
After the failures we have had in the last few years, I'll judge whoever comes in on their successes/ failures. Calerwood, Fenlon, Butcher... I backed them all when they came in, but they just didn't work so if it is Stubbs, I'll reserve judgement until then.

Sorry to be a bit of a doom and gloomer, but that's just how I feel for now

Pretty Boy
21-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Cautiously optimistic.

It's a bold appointment from left field. Someone with a decent coaching pedigree, no connection to Hibs whatsoever and who has obviously interviewed well.

I'm happy.

frazeHFC
21-06-2014, 10:29 PM
'whelmed'

Nobody we have been mentioned with would make me overwhelmed, and realistically for our level there's nobody I can think of that would make me overwhelmed. Will be interesting to see what sort of players he manages to bring in, and quick! Had no idea who Mowbray was when he joined and he was class. Opposite of that was being delighted with Butcher, who then turned out the worst of the lot. So will reserve judgement until the season is well underway!

Aldo
21-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Who gives a flying F???

BYE NOW

sent frae ma ain iPad bit drunk on well whatever. GGTTH FTY's ;-)

macd123
21-06-2014, 10:45 PM

At least not red ***** :greengrin

Ronniekirk
21-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Fight me

Looks like admin have already delivered the knockout blow

Jack Hackett
22-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Ask me at Xmas

southsider
22-06-2014, 11:03 AM
There is only a small pool of players available on free transfers who will greatly improve out team. That pool is much larger in England so i hope that Al can quickly find us some players with pace in defence, midfield and attack as all over the pitch we are so damm slow. Of course some ability would help too. A tie up with Everton would be great. I am delighted an Evertonian in charge of Hibs..... perfect. Sounds a lot better than a tory hun !

John_the_angus_hibby
22-06-2014, 11:09 AM
There is only a small pool of players available on free transfers who will greatly improve out team. That pool is much larger in England so i hope that Al can quickly find us some players with pace in defence, midfield and attack as all over the pitch we are so damm slow. Of course some ability would help too. A tie up with Everton would be great. I am delighted an Evertonian in charge of Hibs..... perfect. Sounds a lot better than a tory hun !

Agree about the ability to identify players, the critical path will be our contract negotiation and governance structure. How much of this is in LDs hands versus going back to RP for final authorisation will decide this more in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
22-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Like all Hibs managers he will receive my enthusiastic support until he does things that make me consider whether that support is still warranted.

weonlywon6-2
22-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Didnt realise rooney was owned by stubbs, did everton a favour selling him cause they banked loads of money

KeithTheHibby
22-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Whelmed I guess. If it had been Sir Alex I would have been overwhelmed. Jimmy Calderwood would leave me underwhelmed.

Good luck to the man, has a decent pedigree coaching wise and if he has the same success as Mowbray I would be delighted.

Turkish Green
22-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Like all Hibs managers he will receive my enthusiastic support until he does things that make me consider whether that support is still warranted.

You can swap "managers" with "chairmen" and you have how I feel. :wink:

theonlywayisup
22-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Fight me

Hibernia Na Eir
22-06-2014, 08:48 PM

So, it had NOTHING to do with the Everton board? Just Stubbs?

Come on, get real FFS!

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2014, 08:51 PM
I wonder what attracted him to Hibs?

MyJo
22-06-2014, 08:52 PM
I feel no excitement or astonishment towards him

sesoim
22-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Whelmed I guess. If it had been Sir Alex I would have been overwhelmed. Jimmy Calderwood would leave me underwhelmed.

Good luck to the man, has a decent pedigree coaching wise and if he has the same success as Mowbray I would be delighted.

At least Jimmy Calderwood has actually done a few jobs, good ones at that. Good luck to Stubbs, but it annoys me that Hibs feel they can take a risk on someone who has NEVER managed a team before. Surely we are a big enough team to be able to appoint managers who have already proved themselves AS MANAGERS at at least one team?

Straight away Dempster has potentially put a bit of pressure on herself - she could easily have kept Butcher on another season and if he failed it wouldn't be her who got the flak. Having said all that, Dempster has a good record at Motherwell and maybe she has a good instinct for who will fit in.

I don't see Stubb's appointment itself selling many season tickets, but maybe his new signings will. I think whoever got the job would have to prove conclusively that they can make a lot of signings and build a team quickly. We'll find out soon.

HoboHarry
22-06-2014, 09:11 PM
At least Jimmy Calderwood has actually done a few jobs, good ones at that. Good luck to Stubbs, but it annoys me that Hibs feel they can take a risk on someone who has NEVER managed a team before. Surely we are a big enough team to be able to appoint managers who have already proved themselves AS MANAGERS at at least one team?

Straight away Dempster has potentially put a bit of pressure on herself - she could easily have kept Butcher on another season and if he failed it wouldn't be her who got the flak. Having said all that, Dempster has a good record at Motherwell and maybe she has a good instinct for who will fit in.

I don't see Stubb's appointment itself selling many season tickets, but maybe his new signings will. I think whoever got the job would have to prove conclusively that they can make a lot of signings and build a team quickly. We'll find out soon.
Pat Fenlon and Terry Butcher both fit that criteria....

Tricla
22-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Fight me

Lol!

monktonharp
22-06-2014, 10:02 PM

I don't see Stubb's appointment itself selling many season tickets, but maybe his new signings will. I think whoever got the job would have to prove conclusively that they can make a lot of signings and build a team quickly. We'll find out soon.:agree:yes, with most you say, but I would like to find out if he is bringing in the said players you mention. where has it been metioned that HE is? but, the biggest problem I have at the moment is ,Why has this stuff been leaked, rather than actually announced, / say what you like about Petrie, but he waited until all the boxes were actually ticked,( votes counted if it was an election) before saying anything. I'm missing something I suppose, as not been on here for a week but why all the delays? we, as usual are miles behind the start point when compared to our friendly neighbours . will it make a difference? I for one think so.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Evertonian mate of mine just called me to moan about Everton losing Stubbs, Unsworth and Irvine in a matter of days.

CallumLaidlaw
23-06-2014, 08:49 AM
@ScottBurns75: Alan Stubbs has this morning finalised terms to become the next @HibernianFCClub manager. Official announcement pending.

JustSimplyHibs
23-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I wonder what attracted him to Hibs?

Best fans in the World (we don't do running away even when the fitbaw is pish!), 3rd biggest supported club in Scotland :wink:, Stadium, Training Facilities, financially sound and has been for over 20 years, a blank canvas to create your own team, history of producing a good standard of players, and a Leeann Dempster determined to be successful.... equals, potential to be very successful which will possibly lead on to a top English Championship job or EPL job in future.

Also the welcome we gave him after his treatment...

AL-Qaholik
23-06-2014, 08:59 AM
What we needed - a proven manager with more than a single season of success in his entire managerial career and who has a reputation for playing football the right way.

What we got - a completely untested manager with no reputation whatsoever.

Wind of change, my erse...

Beefster
23-06-2014, 09:04 AM
What we needed - a proven manager with more than a single season of success in his entire managerial career and who has a reputation for playing football the right way.

It might just be me but I find it supremely ironic that it seems to be the folk who have vowed not to go back to ER that moan most about how long it might take us to get promoted and how we are doing this and doing that.

AndyM_1875
23-06-2014, 09:18 AM
It might just be me but I find it supremely ironic that it seems to be the folk who have vowed not to go back to ER that moan most about how long it might take us to get promoted and how we are doing this and doing that.

And my attitude to them is "well, you said you're not going back so why bother moaning?
Alternatively, our season starts in anger on July 26, we may be at home and if we are then why not come along and lend your support."

Nutmegged
23-06-2014, 09:19 AM

WHO?

I'm often amazed when I see posts like this, its very idealistic, who could we attract that is 1. Experienced 2. Available 3. Would want to come to a Scottish 2nd tier club 4. Seen as a positive from the fans

Scottish Football due to the lack of funds is now a stepping stone for young aspiring players and managers, we could get more experienced players/managers but no-one with genuine experience AND quality will come to Easter Road for a number of reasons, they could get a lot more money elsewhere, they could get a lot more prestige elsewhere and could get a club with better resources who also have better opportunities.

Like it or not thats the black and white of it right there.

The biggest/best/richest club in the Country Celtic went down the same route with Neil Lennon, they also hardly pushed the boat out recently, we are were we are and we have to accept that the level of candidate we can attract wont be one that will automatically excite fans

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2014, 09:19 AM

How do you know what we needed? Could the pedigree of Manager you quote guarantee success at Hibs?

The answer is no-one knows..........................give the new manager at least a chance FFS..........................a wind of change from some of the fans is what's needed................................."my erse" that if you like!

Crossgates Hibs
23-06-2014, 09:21 AM

Butcher had to go he was a proven manager and made a poor team worse. I believe that a fresh approach is required and hope it works out there is no guarantee it will but would rather go down this route than reward failure by keeping butcher. Dempster should put pressure on herself and not take easy options only way we will move forward as a club IMO. Lets just worry about this appointment if it goes badly wrong otherwise back the club and manager and leave the worrying to those who get paid to do it. If the product is good the fans will come up to the club now.

Mon Dieu4
23-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Quite out of left field this one but after being less than impressed with Mowbrays appointment then will need to give the guy a chance and hope he surprises me just as much, he does however have wee beady eyes that freak me out a bit

H18Y GW
23-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Quite out of left field this one but after being less than impressed with Mowbrays appointment then will need to give the guy a chance and hope he surprises me just as much, he does however have wee beady eyes that freak me out a bit

Sacking offence lol

cmcd
23-06-2014, 09:59 AM
How do you know what we needed? Could the pedigree of Manager you quote guarantee success at Hibs?

The answer is no-one knows..........................give the new manager at least a chance FFS..........................a wind of change from some of the fans is what's needed................................."my erse" that if you like!
Good Post In my opinion ALL the moaners should get a grip There will be plenty time for them to moan when we lose our first game We have no right to expect to win all our games Cant wait for the explosion on here when the first loss comes None of us know how Stubbs will perform but lets give the guy a chance

ScottB
23-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Frankly... Does it matter?

We were almost all excited about Butcher, he was crap. Fenlon was an unknown, and crap. So really first impressions are irrelevant.

As for the folk wanting Venus, he was the one name that would definitely have been underwhelming; an out of work, failed former applicant would be the very definition of an underwhelming appointment!

And Jimmy Calderwood? Jesus...

CallumLaidlaw
23-06-2014, 10:59 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/23/4ebytu6u.jpg

Kato
23-06-2014, 11:26 AM

Has the sun got his hat on in your neack of the woods?

Paisley Hibby
23-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Another new manager where I've not gotten the man that I wanted, this time I really wanted to see either Mark Venus due to his footballing beliefs being similar to that of Mowbray the man who put the most entertaining football team on the pitch at Easter Road in a long time or Ian Murray who has done a very good job in the league where now in, playing an attractive brand of football and cares for the club.

This sums it up for me.

Keith_M
23-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Where's the option for:

'no idea how he will do but will back him as I do every Hibs Manager'?

Keith_M
23-06-2014, 11:44 AM

:thumbsup:

Onion
23-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Using the player analogy, Stubbs appointment ain't going to get you out if your seat. For me, I've given up trying to guess if someone is going to be any good for Hibs. It's an impossible task to tell. Managers who we thought would do well have failed miserably and managers who we thought WTF have turned out to be fine.

Anyone who thinks Stubbs is a good appointment is guessing and hoping at the same time. Until we start seeing his signings, tactics, subs, results... we're all dealing blind. Just have to hope LD is a decent judge and makes the right choice.

AlbertK86
23-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Good article..... Doesn't appear to like losing much.... Best get some decent players in or there may be a few seeing an angry manager !!

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/mark-burchill-says-alan-stubbs-is-the-perfect-man-for-hibs-hotseat-1.436268?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nevi_SOL
23-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Using the player analogy, Stubbs appointment ain't going to get you out if your seat. For me, I've given up trying to guess if someone is going to be any good for Hibs. It's an impossible task to tell. Managers who we thought would do well have failed miserably and managers who we thought WTF have turned out to be fine.

Anyone who thinks Stubbs is a good appointment is guessing and hoping at the same time. Until we start seeing his signings, tactics, subs, results... we're all dealing blind. Just have to hope LD is a decent judge and makes the right choice.

Is that effectively like saying anyone thinks Stubbs is a bad appointment is guessing and hoping. This place needs to brighten up and get behind our club.

GGTTH

Eyrie
23-06-2014, 08:10 PM

So Stubbs failed to impress when you interviewed him then?

clerriehibs
23-06-2014, 08:27 PM
If there was an appointment to be made to reinvigorate the fan-base ... this wasn't it. Missed opportunity; we'll be looking again in 18 months. If Murray WAS in for the job ... what's Stubbs achieved in management that he hasn't?

hfc rd
23-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Alex McLeish and Tony Mowbray were unproven managers with no reputations and look how they turned out.

Peevemor
23-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Alex McLeish and Tony Mowbray were unproven managers with no reputations and look how they turned out.

McLeish was doing OK at Motherwell before we swiped him.

bigwheel
23-06-2014, 08:32 PM
If there was an appointment to be made to reinvigorate the fan-base ... this wasn't it. Missed opportunity; we'll be looking again in 18 months. If Murray WAS in for the job ... what's Stubbs achieved in management that he hasn't?

I'm not interested in a managerial appointment to invigorate the support...that's short term motivation...I want a winning team over the next few years. That's what will really invigorate the fans again. None of us have any clue how Stubbs will do - I'm trusting in the fact that the club knows this is a key appointment and they have taken their time to get a decent outcome. I actually think it's good that it's someone from left field..Having a Hibs connection has never been a measure of how good they do here as manager, so looking forward to see him build a staff and a squad..

Eyrie
23-06-2014, 08:38 PM

The majority (including me) on here were enthused by Butcher ..... oops.

EK_Hibs
23-06-2014, 08:39 PM
So does anyone know what style of football we can expect to see under Stubbsy then?
Organised and hard to beat would be a good starting point but ultimately I'd hope that he'd like to build an attacking team playing the ball on the deck (unlike Butcher).

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2014, 08:40 PM

Christ another one! It's not the appointment that invigorate's the fan base it's the results on the pitch after the appointed has been given a chance to show what he can do. Stubbs has played at a higher level than Murray and generally been around much higher calibre of clubs than Murray, but it all means nothing unless he succeeds so give him a chance to succeed or fail if you like.

bingo70
23-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Christ another one! It's not the appointment that invigorate's the fan base it's the results on the pitch after the appointed has been given a chance to show what he can do. Stubbs has played at a higher level than Murray and generally been around much higher calibre of clubs than Murray, but it all means nothing unless he succeeds so give him a chance to succeed or fail if you like.

He's also coached a team full time.

Murray trains twice a week I believe, hardly comparable to what is required at hibs.

Anyway this argument about needing experience is bloody stupid, can't believe it's still being discussed.

Look at our last manager, experienced and *****. Manager before that, experienced and *****. Manager before that, experienced abd *****. Last manager to win a trophy, inexperienced. Last manager that was universally popular, inexperienced.

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 08:52 PM
It makes you wonder how young coaches ever get the chance to manage when folk keep asking for guys with a proven track record. Fenlon's track record in Ireland was good. Butcher's track record at ICT was good. Both failed miserably. Give me a go ahead young and ambitious coach anytime

nribs
23-06-2014, 08:59 PM
It makes you wonder how young coaches ever get the chance to manage when folk keep asking for guys with a proven track record. Fenlon's track record in Ireland was good. Butcher's track record at ICT was good. Both failed miserably. Give me a go ahead young and ambitious coach anytime
This is my thinking. I can get he may not everyone's juices flowing but lets hear what he has to say, I have mentioned in several posts that LD knows this is an important appointment and I really do trust her to get it right .

bingo70
23-06-2014, 09:02 PM

There was probably Porto fans going absolutely mental when mourinho was appointed. Porto.net were going bonkers wanting the Portuguese equivalent of Bobby Williamson.

How do people think great managers Get experience?

Why can clubs like Barcelona, Celtic, Tottenham, a.c. Milan, Norwich, the rangers appoint young managers but we need exoerience? (I've included Norwich as they're a club that's just been relegated)

Ah **** it, I'm giving up, the argument for an experienced manager is so stupid it's not worth even debating, thankfully it looks like our board have more sense and vision than most of the experts on here.

bigwheel
23-06-2014, 09:06 PM

I know...imagine if this was the message board when Mourinho was appointed to his first gig....you mean the boy that hardly played senior and was Bobby Robson's translator! .... disaster appointment ! :-)

matty_f
23-06-2014, 09:27 PM
There was probably Porto fans going absolutely mental when mourinho was appointed. Porto.net were going bonkers wanting the Portuguese equivalent of Bobby Williamson.

Why can clubs like Barcelona, Celtic, Tottenham, a.c. Milan, Norwich, the rangers appoint young managers but we need exoerience? (I've included Norwich as they're a club that's just been relegated)

Ah **** it, I'm giving up, the argument for an experienced manager is so stupid it's not worth even debating, thankfully it looks like our board have more sense and vision than most of the experts on here.

Cracking post. :agree:

hfc rd
23-06-2014, 09:38 PM

Excellent post. Totally agree with everything said. I really hope Stubbs is a success and shuts up his critics on here. FFS, the guy hasn't even been officially appointed, yet there are folk on here insisting it's worrying times ahead with this appointment.

3pm
23-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Excellent post. Totally agree with everything said. I really hope Stubbs is a success and shuts up his critics on here. FFS, the guy hasn't even been officially appointed, yet there are folk on here insisting it's worrying times ahead with this appointment.

That's because everyone learned a lesson fae Butcher so if they slaughter Stubbs and it goes wrong, they can say 'I told you so'.

Jonnyboy
23-06-2014, 09:56 PM

:agree: :aok:

#2 Double Tap
23-06-2014, 10:36 PM
:agree: :aok:
average ex old firm player.............someone from barcelonas................not really hard to pick

Dashing Bob S
23-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Nothing against him, but I'd be underwhelmed by any manager that Hibs appoint. My trust in them to get this right is gone.

gegs70
23-06-2014, 11:08 PM

We will see what calibre of player he brings in.......

clerriehibs
23-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm not interested in a managerial appointment to invigorate the support...that's short term motivation...I want a winning team over the next few years. That's what will really invigorate the fans again. None of us have any clue how Stubbs will do - I'm trusting in the fact that the club knows this is a key appointment and they have taken their time to get a decent outcome. I actually think it's good that it's someone from left field..Having a Hibs connection has never been a measure of how good they do here as manager, so looking forward to see him build a staff and a squad..

Errr ... the other managerial appointments haven't been key, then?

#2 Double Tap
23-06-2014, 11:25 PM

This one is more important than the other appointments imo. The Club hit rock bottom (relegation) - all the bad decisions previous led to this. Worst thing for me is the boardroom people are still there......still having a vote/say on who will be manager. Its like banging your head against a brick wall.

ekhibee
24-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Just out of curiosity, who confirmed that Stubbs has been appointed manager? Has somebody from the club actually come out and said it or is it an 'in the know' rumour that's grown arms, legs and whatever else?

bigwheel
24-06-2014, 07:31 AM

I'm trusting we have a different person leading the process this time.

Ronniekirk
24-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Just out of curiosity, who confirmed that Stubbs has been appointed manager? Has somebody from the club actually come out and said it or is it an 'in the know' rumour that's grown arms, legs and whatever else?
No one ,but there is enough media info to suggest Stubbs is the person they want and clearly something is holding up a Formal Announcement and the speculation is his no 2 Unsworth doesn't want to come with him .If that is the case then he rightly will want it sorted out out who would be his no 2 given hibs track record partnering up managers with others eg billy brown,jimmy nichol Derek Adams ,so no point in him coming unless he is happy with his no 2
So unless that's wide of the mark there must be something else holding it up but assume it will be sorted out this week one way or the other as ideally we don't want to be heading into July without a Manager in place as I had hoped we would be looking at signings coming in for start of next week .

shearer1981
24-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Just read a very alarming post on toffee.net or something. A lot of fans there saying good riddance. Apparently he slagged of Baines quite a bit about attitude and a section of fans turned on him. They say his tactics are typical Moyes, dull, organised.

The whole style v results thing is interesting and seems to divide supporters. As always I say we give the guy a chance and I have to say Im impressed with LD though talk is cheap and the real action has to be on the pitch this season!

chewit
24-06-2014, 08:00 AM

TBF there are people on here that would complain if we appointed mourinho, i can see it now "he's inexperienced working with a budget like ours" " never seen him getting a team promoted" "some people are just predisposed to whinge and'll never be happy:cb

Aldo
24-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Just read a very alarming post on toffee.net or something. A lot of fans there saying good riddance. Apparently he slagged of Baines quite a bit about attitude and a section of fans turned on him. They say his tactics are typical Moyes, dull, organised. The whole style v results thing is interesting and seems to divide supporters. As always I say we give the guy a chance and I have to say Im impressed with LD though talk is cheap and the real action has to be on the pitch this season!

Alarming!! REALLY. Need to try a bit harder with the negativity tbh it's been done already and for the last week.

!! It doesn't matter what you do or where you work there are always going to be 'clashes of personalities' etc.

Tbh I'm sick fed up,of all the negativity and the guy is not even in the door and he's been labelled a failure or has bad attitude.

His style is dull and organised!!

Tbh I would be more than happy to have a Moyes team.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 12:17 PM

Christ!, what can I say, except, Christ!, you post your opinions and I'll post mine, ok? Christ sakes!

Christ!, the board are nothing but custodians of our club. For too many years, Christ!, they've got it wrong. I'm not yet another bloooody idiot that blindly puts faith in their choices, ok? Christ!

Stubbs has done zip all, managerial wise; are you going to deny that? Christ!, maybe he had a good interview, so what, Christ!?

He might turn oiut good - brilliant! But, Christ!, chances are he won't, and he certainly won't invigorate the fans as of day 1, Christ!

Some folk don't seem to realise this job has to be a hit the ground running as of day 1, and that means reinvigorating the fans as of day 1, ok? Christ!

CockneyRebel
24-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Christ!, what can I say, except, Christ!, you post your opinions and I'll post mine, ok? Christ sakes!Christ!, the board are nothing but custodians of our club. For too many years, Christ!, they've got it wrong. I'm not yet another bloooody idiot that blindly puts faith in their choices, ok? Christ!Stubbs has done zip all, managerial wise; are you going to deny that? Christ!, maybe he had a good interview, so what, Christ!?He might turn oiut good - brilliant! But, Christ!, chances are he won't, and he certainly won't invigorate the fans as of day 1, Christ!Some folk don't seem to realise this job has to be a hit the ground running as of day 1, and that means reinvigorating the fans as of day 1, ok? Christ!

He doesn't necessarily have to hit the ground running. What he does have to do is make a good job of it. Bring in some better quality players, get them playing with a shape and purpose and get some points on the board. Then the crowds will grow as the feel good factor returns - that's what he has to do. If it takes a week or two to settle in and form a team then that's what it will take. We have had plenty of rush jobs in the past and look where we ended up!

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 12:32 PM
He doesn't necessarily have to hit the ground running. What he does have to do is make a good job of it. Bring in some better quality players, get them playing with a shape and purpose and get some points on the board. Then the crowds will grow as the feel good factor returns - that's what he has to do. If it takes a week or two to settle in and form a team then that's what it will take. We have had plenty of rush jobs in the past and look where we ended up!

Wrong; he has to hit the ground running if we are to be promoted after one season.

There is no bedding in period for him.

We're always told the fans are worth points; if we're not pulling the fans in, in numbers, from day 1, we're losing points.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm trusting we have a different person leading the process this time.

I'm trusting nothing. Petrie is still there; says it all.

easty
24-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Christ!, what can I say, except, Christ!, you post your opinions and I'll post mine, ok? Christ sakes!

Christ!, the board are nothing but custodians of our club. For too many years, Christ!, they've got it wrong. I'm not yet another bloooody idiot that blindly puts faith in their choices, ok? Christ!

Stubbs has done zip all, managerial wise; are you going to deny that? Christ!, maybe he had a good interview, so what, Christ!?

He might turn oiut good - brilliant! But, Christ!, chances are he won't, and he certainly won't invigorate the fans as of day 1, Christ!

Some folk don't seem to realise this job has to be a hit the ground running as of day 1, and that means reinvigorating the fans as of day 1, ok? Christ!

CockneyRebel
24-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Wrong; he has to hit the ground running if we are to be promoted after one season.There is no bedding in period for him.We're always told the fans are worth points; if we're not pulling the fans in, in numbers, from day 1, we're losing points.

Then you were right when you mentioned Christ - he's the only one who could do what you want done - unfortunately we will have to hire a man to do the job. No one (without huge wads of cash) can perform miracles. It depends on what players are available and which one's will come to Easter Road. If we can get the best of what's available and in our price range then I would expect a good start to the season. IMO true supporters always turn up.

easty
24-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Wrong; he has to hit the ground running if we are to be promoted after one season.

I agree with you, I dont think its important to have us playing great football from the off, but the results matter. Get us organised and working hard to start with then develop them into the team he wants them to be. Having a poor start to the season would be a disaster.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Then you were right when you mentioned Christ - he's the only one who could do what you want done - unfortunately we will have to hire a man to do the job. No one (without huge wads of cash) can perform miracles. It depends on what players are available and which one's will come to Easter Road. If we can get the best of what's available and in our price range then I would expect a good start to the season. IMO true supporters always turn up.

They do. But we need more than the core amount who "always turn up".

PeeJay
24-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Massively underwhelmed by this appointment - has he managed a club before, has he any experience of putting together a team at Championship/SPL level and fighting for promotion or winning something, does he know Scottish football inside out, NO - just what we need ... why do we do this to ourselves? Hibs slip from one blunder to another it seems: we'll be down for a few seasons no doubt ... unless he proves me wrong, of course, can't see it myself - Jings, we'd have been just as well keeping Butcher ....

Hibtastic
24-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Massively underwhelmed by this appointment - has he managed a club before, has he any experience of putting together a team at Championship/SPL level and fighting for promotion or winning something, does he know Scottish football inside out, NO - just what we need ... why do we do this to ourselves? Hibs slip from one blunder to another it seems: we'll be down for a few seasons no doubt ... unless he proves me wrong, of course, can't see it myself - Jings, we'd have been just as well keeping Butcher ....

You must realise that such negativity doesnt do our prospects any good? Stop moaning FFS!! How do you know he wont prove you wrong?

Positivity is what we need to get back to where we belong. :flag:

CapitalGreen
24-06-2014, 02:18 PM

Those same questions's could have been asked after Mowbray's appointment but not after Butcher's. If a manager has extensive experience of the Scottish Championship/Premiership (outwith Celtic), they are probably not a great manager as they would have moved on to bigger and better things.

CockneyRebel
24-06-2014, 03:04 PM

TB managed a club before.
TB put a few teams together that did alright.
TB gained promotion to the SPL.
TB knew Scottish football.
TB turned us from a poor team into a pathetic team.
TB got us relegated.

TM had no experience of managing a club before Hibs. Same as AS
TM never put a team together before. Same as AS
TM never involved with promotion. Same as AS
TM knew little about Scottish football other than his time with Celtic. Same as AS
TM got us playing great football.
TM never got us relegated.

See where I'm going with this. TB had everything you ask for and completely f***ed up. Who knows how AS will turn out. Let's give him a chance now he's here.

PeeJay
24-06-2014, 03:07 PM
You must realise that such negativity doesnt do our prospects any good? Stop moaning FFS!! How do you know he wont prove you wrong?

Positivity is what we need to get back to where we belong. :flag:

See it differently myself - my negativity has nothing to do with the club and how it performs on the park - the decisions taken at Easter Road by those in charge are however a different matter. Positivity on a fan site will not get us out of the situation we are currently in - and just because a decision has been made it does not mean it is a correct one, nor that I have to accept it - I have seen nothing of late at ER that gives me the impression that this club is in good hands. Blind faith really has run its course at ER ... although judging by some of the comments on here, obviously not for everyone!

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 03:08 PM
TB got us relegated.

TM knew little about Scottish football other than his time with Celtic. Same as AS

See where I'm going with this. TB had everything you ask for and completely f***ed up. Who knows how AS will turn out. Let's give him a chance now he's here.

TM benefitted from a whole batch of highly takented youngstrrs hitting the 1st team just as he was appointed.

AS won't be.

Kato
24-06-2014, 03:09 PM

True enough am going to email your post to LD so she can start getting Stubb's P45 written up.

PeeJay
24-06-2014, 03:12 PM
TB got us relegated.

Think my questions are valid in this particular climate.
It's pointless opening a Butcher debate, but the team wasn't his - it was pathetic all the time: wasn't his doing: he's gone now ...
TM had a bunch of youngsters (the best for a while at ER) that helped enormously - we don't actually have a team as far as I know.

Stubbs will last a few months at most ... unless of course we are already lowering our levels of acceptance - can we go much lower?

PeeJay
24-06-2014, 03:13 PM
True enough am going to email your post to LD so she can start getting Stubb's P45 written up.

Don't bother, I don't think much of her and her corporate speak nothingness either to be honest ...

CockneyRebel
24-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Think my questions are valid in this particular climate.
It's pointless opening a Butcher debate, but the team wasn't his - it was pathetic all the time: wasn't his doing: he's gone now ...
TM had a bunch of youngsters (the best for a while at ER) that helped enormously - we don't actually have a team as far as I know.

Stubbs will last a few months at most ... unless of course we are already lowering our levels of acceptance - can we go much lower?

Then why open one? You say we should have kept him - I'm glad he's gone. We have a new guy in now and I for one won't slag him off unless/until he gives me cause.
GGTTH

Hibs7
24-06-2014, 03:19 PM
If a man is a good manager or coach it won't matter what league or country he goes to, apart from language problems, if he gets the right players and has them playing as a team to score goals, defend well and playing good football, he will be a success, all this nonsense about not knowing Scottish football is a load of codswallop, did the chosen one have any experience of English premier football before he joined Chelsea the first time .. Give the guy a chance, if he can motivate players to get the best out of them and man manage different egos, plus with his coaching badges and football experience he will already know about tactics , then he will do a good job .. Let's just wait and see, but I have a good feeling about this appointment.

CapitalGreen
24-06-2014, 03:22 PM
TM had a bunch of youngsters (the best for a while at ER) that helped enormously

The same youngsters BW had failed with the previous season.

Thecat23
24-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Don't bother, I don't think much of her and her corporate speak nothingness either to be honest ...

Not being funny but you need to lighten up. It's a new manager and you have no idea how we will do. For the record he knows the Scottish game well. He did play here!!

It's how you set up and play along with bringing in players. I just can't see why you are so against him or LD for that matter. You may as well just sack supporting Hibs altogether.

PeeJay
24-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Not being funny but you need to lighten up. It's a new manager and you have no idea how we will do. For the record he knows the Scottish game well. He did play here!!

It's how you set up and play along with bringing in players. I just can't see why you are so against him or LD for that matter. You may as well just sack supporting Hibs altogether.

May well be down to the experience of recent appointments and the bad start LD has had - I don't expect much, if anything, from either of them?
We'll see how he/she does over time - guess, I'm just nailing my colours firmly to the mast in advance ...

Joe6-2
24-06-2014, 03:40 PM

It certainly is offensive to some!

Thecat23
24-06-2014, 03:45 PM
May well be down to the experience of recent appointments and the bad start LD has had - I don't expect much, if anything, from either of them?
We'll see how he/she does over time - guess, I'm just nailing my colours firmly to the mast in advance ...

What bad start? The one thing that annoyed me was the time it took but I think she's came in and done well. Butcher was a disaster!

PeeJay
24-06-2014, 03:54 PM
What bad start? The one thing that annoyed me was the time it took but I think she's came in and done well. Butcher was a disaster!

If you don't think there has been a bad start, then you'll really enjoy the season I'm sure ...:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 05:30 PM

Christ you talk some ******.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Christ you talk some ******.

Christ! Luckily it's only "some", unlike your not so good self.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Christ! Luckily it's only "some", unlike your not so good self.

Aye okay Mr Negativety away and sharpen your pitchfork.

Jonnyboy

PeeJay, could you elaborate on what you consider to be a 'bad start'

Kato
This World Cup is BRILLIANT!!!

Last one was pants, lost interest pretty quick but trying to watch as much of this one as possible.

bigwheel
24-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Yawn, what short term nonsense...it's not about day 1, I remember Butcher having a great day 1 .Fans will be reinvigorated by good results and progress. I'm not interested in short term joy, I want sure and sustained progress.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Aye okay Mr Negativety away and sharpen your pitchfork.

Sorry, I keep forgetting, it's only your opinion that's valid on this forum. See that again, time after time, thread after thread.

Jaymz
24-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Got pretty much everything I was looking for in a new Hibs manager.

Eager to prove himself and build a reputation. So will work hard.
Experience at working with and developing youth.
Probably has a decent network of contacts.
Young and hungry for success.

So while he certainly wasn't a name that would have been on any of my lists for a new manager, i'll support him & give him a chance. Think it's a brave appointment that could work out good for us.

Speedway
24-06-2014, 07:50 PM

Why?

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Yawn, what short term nonsense...it's not about day 1, I remember Butcher having a great day 1 .Fans will be reinvigorated by good results and progress. I'm not interested in short term joy, I want sure and sustained progress.

Who are you - Petrie? I want promoted within one season. That means starting off winning on day one.

bigwheel
24-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Who are you - Petrie? I want promoted within one season. That means starting off winning on day one.

Day 1 was today....who were we playing? Did we win?

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 08:32 PM

So all we have to do to get promoted is win our first game?

Excellent news.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 08:53 PM
;4075370']So all we have to do to get promoted is win our first game?

Excellent news.

You want to work on your reading skills.

Now, that would be excellent news.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Day 1 was today....who were we playing? Did we win?

The season has started has it? News to me, but maybe it has on your planet.

bigwheel
24-06-2014, 08:58 PM
The season has started has it? News to me, but maybe it has on your planet.

Oh , so you meant match one ...sorry, I couldn't read your mind . Either way, your point is short term, emotion rather than logic ...

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Oh , so you meant match one ...sorry, I couldn't read your mind . Either way, your point is short term, emotion rather than logic ...

No, you just couldn't read. Or were being a smarterse.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Sorry, I keep forgetting, it's only your opinion that's valid on this forum. See that again, time after time, thread after thread.

:aok: Keep up the negativity, then you can say I told you so.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 09:12 PM
:aok: Keep up the negativity, then you can say I told you so.

Haven't you got one to do?

bigwheel
24-06-2014, 09:13 PM
No, you just couldn't read. Or were being a smarterse.

tbh , i think you've forgotten the points you were ranting about...

back to the OP..I'm looking forward to Alan Stubbs as our manager. Left-field appointment, leader as a player, good pedigree and good coaching experience. Feels a bit Mowbray like...so good luck to you Alan. Let's hope you invigorate "clerriehibs".

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Haven't you got one to do?

No I'm fine, thanks for asking though :aok:

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 09:18 PM
You want to work on your reading skills.

Now, that would be excellent news.

Whilst I'm in the process of doing that perhaps you could work on your sentence structure and grammar.

Perhaps then you won't come across as a slaver.

But I doubt it.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 09:24 PM
No I'm fine, thanks for asking though :aok:

Excellent. So pleased. :aok:

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 09:32 PM

Excellent news.

;4075468']Whilst I'm in the process of doing that perhaps you could work on your sentence structure and grammar.

Perhaps then you won't come across as a slaver.

But I doubt it.

I think you have to work on more than your sentence structure and grammar if you deduced "So all we have to do to get promoted is win our first game?" from the first quoted post, son.

But never mind, I'm sure your Standard Grade English will see you far ... ish.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Excellent. So pleased. :aok:

So we finally agree on something! Let's just hope your opinion of Stubbs is ill founded and he achieves some success at Hibs, surely then we'll both be happy :thumbsup:

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 09:40 PM
So we finally agree on something! Let's just hope your opinion of Stubbs is ill founded and he achieves some success at Hibs, surely then we'll both be happy :thumbsup:

Absolutely, and I'll be delighted if I'm proved wrong.

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 09:51 PM
I think you have to work on more than your sentence structure and grammar if you deduced "So all we have to do to get promoted is win our first game?" from the first quoted post, son.

But never mind, I'm sure your Standard Grade English will see you far ... ish.

That is possibly the worst post I've ever read on here.

I honestly couldn't give a flying ***** about grammar or spelling but for a man with such high standards you're not really leading from the front are you?

Let's just dissect the initial post.

You stated: "I want promoted within one season. That means starting off winning on day one" (which btw doesn't even make sense: "starting off winning" what?!)

Which to me reads: I want hibs to get promoted within one season. We need to win the first game to do so.

I surely can't be the only person who read it this way?

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 10:10 PM
;4075542']That is possibly the worst post I've ever read on here.

I honestly couldn't give a flying ***** about grammar or spelling but for a man with such high standards you're not really leading from the front are you?

Let's just dissect the initial post.

You stated: "I want promoted within one season. That means starting off winning on day one" (which btw doesn't even make sense: "starting off winning" what?!)

Which to me reads: I want hibs to get promoted within one season. We need to win the first game to do so.

I surely can't be the only person who read it this way?

You "couldn't give a flying ***** about grammar or spelling" ... so why the **** do you come out with the pathetic attempt at being pedantic?

Doesn't make sense? What are we talking about here - your school sports day three-legged race? Did you actually need me to state "starting off winning our first football match in the SPFL Championship (season 2014/2015) on day one"?

You stated - "Which to me reads: I want hibs to get promoted within one season. We need to win the first game to do so. " Funnily enough, that's exactly what I meant, so why did you feel the need to post this interpretation;

Excellent news.

Not what I said, is it? And neither is it what you subsequently claim to have understood as meaning.

Ahh ... you thought you were being funny and sharp-witted.

Har har ... har.

:aok:

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 10:20 PM
You "couldn't give a flying ***** about grammar or spelling" ... so why the **** do you come out with the pathetic attempt at being pedantic?

Doesn't make sense? What are we talking about here - your school sports day three-legged race? Did you actually need me to state "starting off winning our first football match in the SPFL Championship (season 2014/2015) on day one"?

You stated - "Which to me reads: I want hibs to get promoted within one season. We need to win the first game to do so. " Funnily enough, that's exactly what I meant, so why did you feel the need to post this interpretation;

Not what I said, is it? And neither is it what you subsequently claim to have understood as meaning.

Har har ... har.

Er, I think you'll find it was you who started it with the comments about my reading. I was merely replying to your arsey comment with a likewise arsey comment of clerriehibs standards.

As for me "being funny" no, I wasn't. I read perfectly well thank you and you were being ridiculous.

If we lose or draw in our first game we have no chance? Stupid stuff.

HKhibby
24-06-2014, 10:24 PM

Far from my first choice....but now we have him time will tell, very unenthusiastic about the appointment or him sorry!

gorgie greens
24-06-2014, 10:31 PM
;4075597']Er, I think you'll find it was you who started it with the comments about my reading. I was merely replying to your arsey comment with a likewise arsey comment of clerriehibs standards.

As for me "being funny" no, I wasn't. I read perfectly well thank you and you were being ridiculous.

think you will find we lost our opening game at Easter Road the last time we got relegated and went up Champions

hibs4life
24-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Har har ... har.

I always thought this forum was for sharing of views and general discussion.
Your belligerence over your particular point of view (that seems to only be stating that you disagree with the managerial appointment) and aggression towards those that don't share your views, doesn't seem to encourage further discussion or sharing of views.
I think the combative style of your posts doesn't help an open debate and are pretty much what often turn people away from fans forums.
Just my observation and opinion to which I believe I'm entitled (and entitled to be challenged on).

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't know how Alan Stubbs as manager will work out but, as a football fan and as a Hibby in particular, you need to be optimistic. I am and will be giving him my backing for the foreseeable future...

GGTTH

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 10:38 PM
think you will find we lost our opening game at Easter Road the last time we got relegated and went up Champions

I know we did, that's my point.

Clerriehibs thinks we can't get promoted if we don't win our first game. Not me.

gorgie greens
24-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Must admit not 100% sure on how Stubbs will do but ive only heard good things about him so like the guys who have filled those shoes before him,welcome ,try and get some key signings and the fans will turn up in numbers they always do,Not sure where you think we will finish at the end of the season but in front of Hear7s and the rangers will do for me.

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Your belligerence over your particular point of view (that seems to only be stating that you disagree with the managerial appointment) and aggression towards those that don't share your views, doesn't seem to encourage further discussion or sharing of views.
I think the combative style of your posts doesn't help an open debate and are pretty much what often turn people away from fans forums.
Just my observation and opinion to which I believe I'm entitled (and entitled to be challenged on).

Oh, and for what it's worth, I don't know how Alan Stubbs as manager will work out but, as a football fan and as a Hibby in particular, you need to be optimistic. I am and will be giving him my backing for the foreseeable future...

GGTTH

Spot on. Especially the last bit. GGTTH

gorgie greens
24-06-2014, 10:43 PM
;4075628']I know we did, that's my point.

Clerriehibs thinks we can't get promoted if we don't win our first game. Not me.

Yep i know,Its hard to say where we will end up as we dont have much of a squad and it could take a bit for them to Gel but were still in a lot better place than the Hear7s,and the way the huns run there circus god knows how they will end up.

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 10:58 PM

GGTTH

Why, thank you for your insight. Maybe you should read from my first post on this thread, which was a perfectly reasonable one where I didn't agree with the head coach appointment, was immediately followed by;

Christ another one! ...

Someone who didn't agree with my viewpoint ... but you don't seem to have taken issue with that response to my viewpoint?

I was belligerent, yes; I responded with belligerence to a belligerent post. So what? Subsequent posts were all like for like. Perhaps you should take issue with the initiators, if indeed you must take issue at all?

FranckSuzy
24-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Far from my first choice....but now we have him time will tell, very unenthusiastic about the appointment or him sorry!

:tub4:

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 11:06 PM
;4075597']Er, I think you'll find it was you who started it with the comments about my reading. I was merely replying to your arsey comment with a likewise arsey comment of clerriehibs standards.

Er, no, I think you weighed in with the smarterse misinterpretation;

Excellent news.

Not what I said. I think we've nailed that lie, haven't we?

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 11:08 PM
;4075628']I know we did, that's my point.

Not what I said either. You just love this trolling, don't you.

hibs4life
24-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Why, thank you for your insight. Maybe you should read from my first post on this thread, which was a perfectly reasonable one where I didn't agree with the head coach appointment, was immediately followed by;

Someone who didn't agree with my viewpoint ... but you don't seem to have taken issue with that response to my viewpoint?

I was belligerent, yes; I responded with belligerence to a belligerent post. So what? Subsequent posts were all like for like. Perhaps you should take issue with the initiators, if indeed you must take issue at all?

Thanks for your reply. I will not be taking issue with the initiators. I made my point and tbh this is 1 more post than I intended. I view brevity as a plus here...

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Not what I said either. You just love this trolling, don't you.

Why don't you break it down for us mere mortals who clearly don't understand then?

What is your point?

clerriehibs
24-06-2014, 11:15 PM
;4075674']Why don't you break it down for us mere mortals who clearly don't understand then?

What is your point?

Read my first post again, mere mortal.

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I have. And it still reads like we have to win "on day one" (first game) or we're screwed.

Care to explain exactly where I'm going wrong?

Or are you going to continue to be an ********?

FranckSuzy
24-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Guys, can you give it a rest please? :aok: Keep thinking there's news on AS and all it is is you two bickering :greengrin

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Why would there be news on AS?

Don't you know he's already doomed after his first match?

FranckSuzy
24-06-2014, 11:26 PM
;4075684']Why would there be news on AS?

Don't you know he's already doomed after his first match?

:grr: :wink:

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 11:34 PM

I'm just trying to understand what CH is saying because apparently I have the wrong end of the stick.

So if CH or anybody else can do that for me I'd be delighted and I'll leave you to browse in peace.

GreenLake
24-06-2014, 11:40 PM

Ureka! HK stands for Heckler and Koch! :thumbsup:

broonie27
25-06-2014, 01:40 AM
IMHO Jose Mourinho, Louis van Gall nor Alex Ferguson could do anything with Hibernian at this point in time. Stubbs is on a hiding to nothing.

clerriehibs
25-06-2014, 07:31 AM
;4075679']I have. And it still reads like we have to win "on day one" (first game) or we're screwed.

Care to explain exactly where I'm going wrong?

Or are you going to continue to be an ********?

There's nothing requiring explanation. You're either rather thick or a simple troll.

PeeJay
25-06-2014, 08:12 AM
PeeJay, could you elaborate on what you consider to be a 'bad start'

It looks bad to me - seems to me that on joining the club LD should have ensured that an embargo was placed on incoming/outgoing players. How "she" allowed Butcher to dismiss 14-15 players before the club then decided to dismiss Butcher himself is simply inexplicable - if relegation was the reason Butcher got sacked, then he should have been sacked on day 1; if it wasn't relegation, but his salary in the Championship or his wish for a specific level of funding to get us out of the Championship at first go, or the fact he didn't have a concept that matched what LD/Petrie expect (?) then that too worries me, as we have now obviously gone for what is being sold as a fresh start, but what is actually, to all intents and purposes, a cheaper option with an untried manager. Instead of investing in a good squad and a manager with a record, we have no full squad and a manager who has never managed. Butcher has gone and Petrie is still here: personally I would have had it the other way round.

While Hearts and Rangers (who also have troubles) have been hard at work getting ready for the upcoming campaign, we have lost valuable time by failing to take the proper decisions. We now not only have an incomplete squad of players, we have also been forced to ask those originally told to go, that they should now return for the start of training! On top of that, we allowed, e.g. Keven Thompson to leave (although he wanted to stay and could have done a job for us), promising youngsters were told they could get placements elsewhere if something came up. I don't see any sense of purpose, ambition or determination to achieve promotion as soon as possible: it all seems a wee bit haphazard to me. Rather, than a club on course somewhere, I see a club that is floundering and badly adrift. I don't see any preparedness to invest properly in getting us out of the mess we are in, of course there wasn't any willingness to do anything similar while we were in the SPFL either where greater rewards were on the table (Europe, cups, financial gain), so nothing's changed there.

None of this looks to me like a club that has any sense of its own standing in the world of Scottish football - and for all her interviews (the ones I've read/heard), she has said nothing yet of any substance whatsoever about the pragmatic aspects of getting this club out of the miserable position it is in. I know some fans on here are already looking forward to the new manager, and a new season perhaps even full of fresh hope - I'm not. I think it's a bad start: I was shocked that we got relegated and nothing since that day has given me any confidence that this club is going anywhere except further down. I wish it wasn't the case, but that's the way I see it.

In a way you are also to blame for my frustrations with the club as I'm enjoying your "In Colours Green & White Vol. 2" book, which reminds me only too sorely how great a football club we once used to have ... having said all that, if the new manager and LD prove me wrong, I won't be complaining ...

The_Horde
25-06-2014, 11:40 AM
There's nothing requiring explanation. You're either rather thick or a simple troll.

There we go with the stupid replies again.

I don't see anybody else explaining your post either so I'll put it down to me being right with my first instinct and you being too stubborn to admit your wrong.

If someone, or you, can show me where I'm going wrong I'll happily hold my hands up.

clerriehibs
25-06-2014, 01:32 PM
;4075542']

You stated - "Which to me reads: I want hibs to get promoted within one season. We need to win the first game to do so." Funnily enough, that's exactly what I meant

Oh look! You understood my point!How many times do you want to revisit this? You appear to have understood my point some time ago ... and yet you still post deliberately provocative misinterpretations.

;4076096']There we go with the stupid replies again.

I don't see anybody else explaining your post either so I'll put it down to me being right with my first instinct and you being too stubborn to admit your wrong.

If someone, or you, can show me where I'm going wrong I'll happily hold my hands up.

My replies may be stupid, but at least they're consistent, and not provocative misinterpretations.

Time to hold your hands up? Yes, you can.

Or, just continue with your trolling.

Turkish Green
25-06-2014, 02:13 PM
First 5 games:
Livingston (H)
Hearts (A)
Falkirk (H)
Alloa (A)
Cowdenbeath (H)

Worse case for me is 8 out of 15 points (W2, D2 L1). Best case for me would be 11 pts (W3, D2. L0) But excellent if they could take all 15 pts.

I am a realist and do not expect Hibs to win the league given the current squad and remaining time until the Livi game, but I do expect them to go through by the play-offs - regardless who the opposition is. Maybe it will be a slow start to the season but hopefully Stubbs will have the team firing on all cylinders come April/May. You can but hope at this stage.

The_Horde
25-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Oh look! You understood my point!How many times do you want to revisit this? You appear to have understood my point some time ago ... and yet you still post deliberately provocative misinterpretations.

My replies may be stupid, but at least they're consistent, and not provocative misinterpretations.

Time to hold your hands up? Yes, you can.

Or, just continue with your trolling.

Don't see where I've been provocative at all but okay.

What I fail to see is how my other posts differ from each other? Surely it's just different ways of saying the same thing?

JAY-ESS GREEN
25-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Think we are missing the point here, do you like the polo shirt?

Beefster
25-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Some of you guys need to chill out a bit, have some patience and wait for The Stubbster to do the business.

Aldo
25-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Some of you guys need to chill out a bit, have some patience and wait for The Stubbster to do the business.

So Beefster is that is .net 'Official' nickname for Alan Stubbs then??

As for patience B. Come on it's Hibs Net we are talking about! ;-)

Jonnyboy
25-06-2014, 07:10 PM
It looks bad to me - seems to me that on joining the club LD should have ensured that an embargo was placed on incoming/outgoing players. How "she" allowed Butcher to dismiss 14-15 players before the club then decided to dismiss Butcher himself is simply inexplicable - if relegation was the reason Butcher got sacked, then he should have been sacked on day 1; if it wasn't relegation, but his salary in the Championship or his wish for a specific level of funding to get us out of the Championship at first go, or the fact he didn't have a concept that matched what LD/Petrie expect (?) then that too worries me, as we have now obviously gone for what is being sold as a fresh start, but what is actually, to all intents and purposes, a cheaper option with an untried manager. Instead of investing in a good squad and a manager with a record, we have no full squad and a manager who has never managed. Butcher has gone and Petrie is still here: personally I would have had it the other way round.

While Hearts and Rangers (who also have troubles) have been hard at work getting ready for the upcoming campaign, we have lost valuable time by failing to take the proper decisions. We now not only have an incomplete squad of players, we have also been forced to ask those originally told to go, that they should now return for the start of training! On top of that, we allowed, e.g. Keven Thompson to leave (although he wanted to stay and could have done a job for us), promising youngsters were told they could get placements elsewhere if something came up. I don't see any sense of purpose, ambition or determination to achieve promotion as soon as possible: it all seems a wee bit haphazard to me. Rather, than a club on course somewhere, I see a club that is floundering and badly adrift. I don't see any preparedness to invest properly in getting us out of the mess we are in, of course there wasn't any willingness to do anything similar while we were in the SPFL either where greater rewards were on the table (Europe, cups, financial gain), so nothing's changed there.

None of this looks to me like a club that has any sense of its own standing in the world of Scottish football - and for all her interviews (the ones I've read/heard), she has said nothing yet of any substance whatsoever about the pragmatic aspects of getting this club out of the miserable position it is in. I know some fans on here are already looking forward to the new manager, and a new season perhaps even full of fresh hope - I'm not. I think it's a bad start: I was shocked that we got relegated and nothing since that day has given me any confidence that this club is going anywhere except further down. I wish it wasn't the case, but that's the way I see it.

In a way you are also to blame for my frustrations with the club as I'm enjoying your "In Colours Green & White Vol. 2" book, which reminds me only too sorely how great a football club we once used to have ... having said all that, if the new manager and LD prove me wrong, I won't be complaining ...

Well, I asked you to expand and you sure have :greengrin

I think blaming LD for not sacking TB sooner and for letting 14 players be dismissed is a bit unfair. The 14 players were at the end of their contract and with cost in mind, being that we'd dropped down a division, those contracts were not renewed. My belief is that these decisions were taken before LD was actually in post, no prizes for guessing who made them :wink: Let's be honest, it was known that these contracts were due to end, long before LD's appointment was made public and had the club/TB wanted to keep them, negotiations with agents would have gotten under way. As to Butchers dismissal, he was still under contract and had he not been, I reckon he'd have been dismissed too. LDS made it public that she wanted to discuss future plans with TB and my guess is he couldn't demonstrate that he would buy into her vision as CEO and so he was dismissed at LD's first opportunity.

As to the cheap option view I'm finding it difficult to agree. To my mind we have removed a couple of dinosaurs and brought in a freshness which we haven't seen since Tony Mowbray made a similar move, from coaching at a top English club to a first gig at management with Hibs. Bringing AS in, together with an assistant once identified, and a number of new players will all cost money.

I don't see us as floundering either TBH. We haven't signed anyone yet, that much is true but can you imagine the reaction if players had been brought in post Butcher and pre Stubbs? I honestly believe that things will start to happen at pace now. Much of that will be down to the dynamism of LD and the enthusiasm and ideas of AS.

I share your shock at our relegation although like many, I seen it coming from quite a way off. That abject failure was down to TB and MM together with players who had clearly stopped trying, that latter point, IMO, being down to the lack of any unity between the players and TB/MM.

Glad you're enjoying my book. I just wish we had even a few players of the calibre of the Tornadoes :greengrin

To finish, my motto is onwards and upwards and I believe that's the way Hibs will go :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-06-2014, 07:22 PM
So Beefster is that is .net 'Official' nickname for Alan Stubbs then??

As for patience B. Come on it's Hibs Net we are talking about! ;-)

Has to be Stubbo!