PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

21-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Good to have him back, I think a couple of seasons away was needed for him. Looked quite decent when I saw him play against the huns in the ramsdens cup final. Time will tell of course but hopefully the loan spell has given him a bit more experience and knowledge.

Welcome back Callum :aok:

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2014, 05:41 PM
HAS to be better than what filled that position last season!

Billychaotic182
21-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Will walk into the side

hibee92
21-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Streets ahead of what we've got. Not even in the 'let's take what we've got' sense. He's been a stand out at Raith. Although apparently average at Livi. Hopefully he can come in and do a job this season.

Forza Fred
21-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Can he play in goals?

EdinMike
22-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Callum at left back, Stevenson at Left Mid !

Hermit Crab
22-06-2014, 02:24 AM
Striker. Since we have none :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
22-06-2014, 02:57 AM
Welcome back B

Sumner
22-06-2014, 05:07 AM
.. but can he play in goals?

lucky
22-06-2014, 06:34 AM
He might do a job in the championship but is not good enough for the premiership. He's another player who is regarded as better when he's not playing for us. Personally we need a better standard of player than him

spike220
22-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Pleased to see him back, has stacks of potential. :agree:

HH81
22-06-2014, 07:38 AM
He might do a job in the championship but is not good enough for the premiership. He's another player who is regarded as better when he's not playing for us. Personally we need a better standard of player than him

Agreed.

JimBHibees
22-06-2014, 07:40 AM

Totally.

HibbyAndy
22-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Fittest player in the Raith team last season.

easty
22-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to seeing him back I the team, but at the same time, I've not forgot why he was dropped in the first place.

offshorehibby
22-06-2014, 09:39 AM

As lucky said, people tend to forget how poor he was before he went on loan. Hopefully he's found a bit of confidence and proves me wrong. I think he'll be back at raith before the end of the window.

highland hibbee
22-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Looking forward to seeing him back I the team, but at the same time, I've not forgot why he was dropped in the first place.

Seem to remember him scoring a cracking goal against ICT, ealh 2011!?? thought he had it all as an attacking midfielder but whatever numpty was manager, played him as a left back, which IMO he wasn't suited to. Wasn't it Yogi who binned him out on loan?

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-06-2014, 09:49 AM

Unless i have missed something, we are in the Championship, so until next season, whether players are good enough for the premiership, is neither hear nor there?

snooky
22-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Seem to remember him scoring a cracking goal against ICT, ealh 2011!?? thought he had it all as an attacking midfielder but whatever numpty was manager, played him as a left back, which IMO he wasn't suited to. Wasn't it Yogi who binned him out on loan?

Paul Hanlon, IIRC, was drafted in at LB early in his first team breakthrough and had a few poor games.
I'm sure the year at RR has done CB the world of good. Certainly better than if he had stayed at ER and had a bit part in the Season of Woe.

Squealing pig
22-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Glad to see him back

superfurryhibby
23-06-2014, 12:40 PM
He looked excellent when he played against us in the scottish cup. He's filled out, in the right areas, and is a quick, skillful and direct player. I thought he was excellent when he first broke through and remain convinced he is a much better player than any competition for left back still at ER.

JimBHibees
23-06-2014, 12:46 PM
He looked excellent when he played against us in the scottish cup. He's filled out, in the right areas, and is a quick, skillful and direct player. I thought he was excellent when he first broke through and remain convinced he is a much better player than any competition for left back still at ER.

Really, thought he was beaten at will by Watmore. He is a good player however to me is very susceptible defensively.

Franck Stanton
23-06-2014, 12:48 PM

Agree 100%

inglisavhibs
23-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Callum at left back, Stevenson at Left Mid !
He will need to be a lot better at defending one on one than he was previously Not sure he can be a regular in a Hibs team and as for Stevenson at left mid. Have we not had enough of non athletic wide players who give us nothing going forward.

superfurryhibby
23-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Really, thought he was beaten at will by Watmore. He is a good player however to me is very susceptible defensively.

That was probably Watmore's best game and even then he looked like a heidless chicken. Booth has more football in him than most.

Centre Hawf
23-06-2014, 02:02 PM
He will need to be a lot better at defending one on one than he was previously Not sure he can be a regular in a Hibs team and as for Stevenson at left mid. Have we not had enough of non athletic wide players who give us nothing going forward.

Stevenson in front of Calum Booth is a perfect balance of an attacking fullback and a tracking back midfielder. McGivern and Stevenson had an excellent understanding the only thing lacking was the fact McGivern going forward is atrocious. I hope we see our left side line up like this.

Billychaotic182
23-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Stevenson in front of Calum Booth is a perfect balance of an attacking fullback and a tracking back midfielder. McGivern and Stevenson had an excellent understanding the only thing lacking was the fact McGivern going forward is atrocious. I hope we see our left side line up like this.

Don't know why but I'd have them the other way about. Booth is more likely to beat a man

inglisavhibs
23-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Don't know why but I'd have them the other way about. Booth is more likely to beat a man
None of them are wide midfield players. Imagine you are the opposing manager and you see them on the Hibs teamsheet. Do you really think that they would be in the slightest bit worried. We have been in this position for years, we need new, hungry, fit, athletic players in these areas.

JimBHibees
23-06-2014, 03:29 PM
None of them are wide midfield players. Imagine you are the opposing manager and you see them on the Hibs teamsheet. Do you really think that they would be in the slightest bit worried. We have been in this position for years, we need new, hungry, fit, athletic players in these areas.

Agree totally.

Centre Hawf
23-06-2014, 03:55 PM

I get what you mean, but the ability to overlap is something we haven't utilised since David Murphy even then usually the person in front of him lacked the ability to pass a ball 4/5 yards in any direction.

Greenblood70
23-06-2014, 04:39 PM
With time on the ball I thought Booth always looked impressive, it was more when he was put on the back foot by a pacey opponent I was more concerned. I thought he was very one paced defensively and that was where he was caught out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk