PDA

View Full Version : Chief Scout - Steve Marsella

Callum_62
21-06-2014, 05:09 PM
I see Marsella was recently called 'Chief Scout' by Leeann

I assume that will mean we are on the look out for a new GK coach

Also means, the list he had ready for Terry will be at the new mans fingertips

Wonder if we will see a few quick signings on the basis of this list....

If its Stubbs, wonder if he will have any knowledge of lower league England?

Golden Bear
21-06-2014, 05:17 PM

I'm sure we can live without a goalkeeping coach in any case.

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm sure we can live without a goalkeeping coach in any case.

:agree: It would be pointless seeing as we have no goalkeepers!

Mr White
21-06-2014, 05:21 PM
:agree: It would be pointless seeing as we have no goalkeepers!
Signing a steve banks or nicky weaver type 2nd keeper/coach for the bench could make sense as long as we get an adequate replacement for williams in as first choice too.

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Signing a steve banks or nicky weaver type 2nd keeper/coach for the bench could make sense as long as we get an adequate replacement for williams in as first choice too.

Nicky Weaver would do for me as number 1.

BoltonHibee
21-06-2014, 05:29 PM

That "List" would more than likely comprise types of players that Butcher wanted to bring into the club. The new manager will no doubt have his own ideas on the types of players we require. They could be poles apart!

Bunter
21-06-2014, 05:43 PM

Anything wrong with using Scott Thomson who has been on gardening leave since Butcher came in?
No extra salary to pay as he's already in situ. Ben Williams and Sean Murdoch spoke very highly of his coaching and mentoring.

Hibby70
21-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Was there ever confirmation that Malpas had been sacked?

Heisenberg
21-06-2014, 06:01 PM

Not yet. I think he's gone from the fishy site, probably be a line in the new manager statement just to say he's offski?

PISTOL1875
21-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Alan Combe is looking for a job

PISTOL1875
21-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Anything wrong with using Scott Thomson who has been on gardening leave since Butcher came in?
No extra salary to pay as he's already in situ. Ben Williams and Sean Murdoch spoke very highly of his coaching and mentoring.

Plenty wrong with using ST. In all the years of him coaching at ER , I have yet to see a keeper command his area and leave his line..

woodyloon
21-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Plenty wrong with using ST. In all the years of him coaching at ER , I have yet to see a keeper command his area and leave his line..

You could be right, but is it not ironic that after Butcher ditched ST our defence started leaking goals more frequently.

macd123
21-06-2014, 06:17 PM

He is staying on in charge of press ups and biscuits

nribs
21-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Good good hope he keeps looking

Onceinawhile
21-06-2014, 06:33 PM
We should get steve banks in on a 4 year contract. Would guarantee us a scotish cup in 2018.

HibbyAndy
21-06-2014, 06:37 PM

No ta.

Can sweep that one under the carpet.

The goalie
21-06-2014, 06:53 PM

The first goalie ST was involved in bringing in was Ben Williams, all others where brought in by the then manager and he had to work with them.
Goalies that are big and command their box and are good at everything else don't come to Hibs as we don't pay enough and someone like that would command a huge salary.
we have totally failed to produce our own goalie of any stature since the 50's ST was trying to build a line of young goalies the first of which Paul Grant just got released!

James70
21-06-2014, 10:06 PM
I would like to think that we will be dispensing with loan signings as we seem to be in a no win situation with them. We need to bring on our own youth players rather than giving games to another club's prospects. Other than Griffiths these type of signings have been of very little benefit to us. If Marsella is still in our employment I hope he is concentrating on bringing in permanent signings.

lord bunberry
21-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Does anyone have any doubts about Marsella going out and finding us players? If it was up to me he'd have been binned with the other two, he came as part of a team that failed, he should leave with them IMO

Aldo
21-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Does anyone have any doubts about Marsella going out and finding us players? If it was up to me he'd have been binned with the other two, he came as part of a team that failed, he should leave with them IMO

This is it. I wonder if we will see a few early Stubbs signings next week??

Would like to think that he has a few lined up already!!

macd123
21-06-2014, 10:58 PM

Presumably under contract so sensible to keep him on.

It would be great to get scott thomson back too. He pretty much sorted our long standing goalkeeping problem.

Forza Fred
21-06-2014, 11:02 PM
This is it. I wonder if we will see a few early Stubbs signings next week??

Would like to think that he has a few lined up already!!

I worry that we are going to be inundated with a rash of youthful Evertonians, who will not see their future linked significantly to the welfare of Hibs,

No doubt some of them will look promising on their debuts, but as the season progresses their true value and moderate effort will come clear

Cue also the signings of other youths from Epl clubs who may have played well against Stubb's team during the season.

Not having a go at the yet to be appointed manager, but he's been given a near impossible task with the time available to get a winning side out there from day one.

Where else does he quickly turn to other than the areas/level he currently knows best?

Callum_62
21-06-2014, 11:05 PM
I worry that we are going to be inundated with a rash of youthful Evertonians, who will not see their future linked significantly to the welfare of Hibs,

No doubt some of them will look promising on their debuts, but as the season progresses their true value and moderate effort will come clear

Cue also the signings of other youths from Epl clubs who may have played well against Stubb's team during the season.

Not having a go at the yet to be appointed manager, but he's been given a near impossible task with the time available to get a winning side out there from day one.

Where else does he quickly turn to other than the areas/level he currently knows best?

Think that applies to ever player - altho, I believe most are aware, do well for Hibs...possibly get a decent move

Thats what we are, and im happy if they players produce

lord bunberry
21-06-2014, 11:18 PM

The fact that Stubbs has played up here you would think that he would have a better understanding of what's required. I'm hoping he will know that bringing in a load of untried youngsters will probably result in him being labelled as a failure of a manager in his first chance at being his own man. A couple of players he knows from his Everton team might not be a bad thing.

CapitalGreen
21-06-2014, 11:41 PM
The fact that Stubbs has played up here you would think that he would have a better understanding of what's required. I'm hoping he will know that bringing in a load of untried youngsters will probably result in him being labelled as a failure of a manager in his first chance at being his own man. A couple of players he knows from his Everton team might not be a bad thing.

Heaven help him if he brings untried EPL youngsters like Shiels, Stokes, Caldwell, Murphy, MacKay-Steven, Doran...

lucky
22-06-2014, 06:50 AM
I doubt many EPL. Youngsters will want to play in Scotland's second tier. I'm fully expecting the same old journeyman route that's failed in the past

malagahibby
22-06-2014, 07:24 AM

it would be a nightmare right enough having quality youthful evertonians in the same mould as
Rooney -Barclay -Oscan -stones to name a few.
also he knows the youth set up inside out in England.
hes a fantastic appointment -please do not start the booing yet .

lord bunberry
22-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Heaven help him if he brings untried EPL youngsters like Shiels, Stokes, Caldwell, Murphy, MacKay-Steven, Doran...

I didn't say we shouldn't bring any youngsters from down South, I said we shouldn't fill the team with them

Jack
23-06-2014, 08:06 AM
it would be a nightmare right enough having quality youthful evertonians in the same mould as
Rooney -Barclay -Oscan -stones to name a few.
also he knows the youth set up inside out in England.
hes a fantastic appointment -please do not start the booing yet .

Agreed. And Stubbs will know exactly which young Evertonian players he will be able to rely on and they will know exactly what will be expected from them, even if they are loans.

I'm not fussy on loans but if the whole Everton second team came up on loan a gave us a bit of breathing space to sort out this flipping mess then I'd take it.

Nevi_SOL
23-06-2014, 08:28 AM
The Sun( I know) says he is to be announced within 24 hours and already after a goalkeeper as main priority and a goalkeeper coach also a bit a about 3 u21 players, Hallam hope, chris long and john lundstram all current England under 19's

GGTTH

easty
23-06-2014, 08:38 AM
The Sun( I know) says he is to be announced within 24 hours and already after a goalkeeper as main priority and a goalkeeper coach also a bit a about 3 u21 players, Hallam hope, chris long and john lundstram all current England under 19's

GGTTH

I dont know a thing about those young lads, they might be brilliant, but I'd hope we're not pinning our hopes of getting out of a tough Championship, in the first season, on a team of inexperienced young players.

H18Y GW
23-06-2014, 09:41 AM

Why did Mr blobby , Mowbray or JC even bring those lads on , they have all just went and left and bettered themselves.

If Stubbs can do that short term with terrific young kids and buy us time to build our own side , that would do me 150
%

Hibs7
23-06-2014, 01:19 PM
See Marcella is still around .. Hopefully only as a scout .. Was at east mains this morning according to the photos

Hibiza
23-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Whats Budgie up to ?

H13BYM
23-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Mr Stubbs might bring in big nev as gk coach! If only!

BoltonHibee
23-06-2014, 09:24 PM

I don't think we would have a track suit big enough

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2014, 09:33 PM

Probably one of the greatest goalkeepers in the World at one point,could shut out the goals just by standing there these days :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I don't think we would have a track suit big enough

One of Marselas old ones would fit, mind you big Nev likes a drinkipoo. :wink:

Stevie Reid
23-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Probably one of the greatest goalkeepers in the World at one point,could shut out the goals just by standing there these days :greengrin

You wouldnae have wanted to see him or Andy Goram wearing some of the tops that keepers wear these days!

H13BYM
23-06-2014, 09:59 PM

Truly world class, shame he never really got a chance to shine on the world stage. Was the complete package and make no mistake that box was HIS!

H13BYM
23-06-2014, 10:06 PM
come to think of it at that time, the city of Liverpool had 2 of the worlds greatest goalkeepers in Bruce (makes budgie look sane) Grobbelaar and Nev........ oh and there was Billy O'Rourke IIRC at Tranmere at the time. :aok:

micka_weer
23-06-2014, 10:16 PM
come to think of it at that time, the city of Liverpool had 2 of the worlds greatest goalkeepers in Bruce (makes budgie look sane) Grobbelaar and Nev........ oh and there was Billy O'Rourke IIRC at Tranmere at the time. :aok:

Agree, both were outstanding keepers

Aldo
24-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Big Nev and Marsella in a sumo fight???? There would be a sight!!

Wonder what it would record in the Richter scale when they collide??