PDA

View Full Version : EXCLUSIVE: Hibs choose Stubbs | Football | Sport | Daily Express

Pages : [1] 2

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 05:56 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/483892/EXCLUSIVE-Hibs-choose-Stubbs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

bingo70
21-06-2014, 06:07 AM
Ambitious and exciting appointment imo.

Much better to gamble on someone that might be brilliant than gamble on an experienced manager that's either failed elsewhere or only ever experienced mediocrity.

Lewis77
21-06-2014, 06:18 AM
I posted that didn't want Stubbs but if/now he is the manager he has my full support and I back him 100%. Mon Stubbsy!

He has worked with youth so let's hope he finds and moulds some cracking young players into top class professionals.

Make me wrong Stubbs, please!

jimmyboco1875
21-06-2014, 06:21 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/483892/EXCLUSIVE-Hibs-choose-Stubbs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalkevery post you write is complete crap

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 06:25 AM
I dint write it

stubru59
21-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Ambitious and exciting appointment imo.

Much better to gamble on someone that might be brilliant than gamble on an experienced manager that's either failed elsewhere or only ever experienced mediocrity.

Assuming the Express have called it correctly. No official confirmation.

CB_NO3
21-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Few reporters on Twitter were 99% sure it was Stubbs last night. Looks like it will be confirmed on Monday morning. He has worked under Moyes and Martinez so hopefully that will be good for him. Am guessing he worked with Barkley at some point?? We might be able to get a few young Toffees on loan. Am not too excited but rather hopeful.

jeffers
21-06-2014, 06:40 AM
If it is Stubbs he will get my backing as did TB 'til it was clear he was a clueless clown. I hope I am way off but I don't get a good vibe about appointing Stubbs. I think it is a big gamble asking a first time manager to come in and sign almost a full team and have it ready to play it's first game in just over a month.

I know the objective is to get promoted first time of asking but I wonder if with his appointment they are asking him to build a team with the understanding that it may take a few seasons for us to get back up.

Personally I'd have preferred us to appoint a foreign coach.

Col2
21-06-2014, 06:43 AM
This strikes me as an intriguing appointment.

LD wanted someone who had the passion, leadership, desire in them. Someone who played football the way it should be (quick passing game). Someone with record of working and bringing through youth.

We (in the main) wanted all of above but no largs mafia, didn't want someone who would be brought in mainly due to Hibs connection and didn't want someone who while may be experienced but had track record of average (at best) results.

Looks like he meets all of the above when you consider we are in championship and need to accept we were never going to get someone in more senior role to come.

I am excited by this (potential) appointment. It has another Mowbray written all over it. Imagine if we still had Butcher!!

Dave-O
21-06-2014, 06:44 AM
every post you write is complete crap

I dint write it

:faf::faf:......:greengrin

Col2
21-06-2014, 06:51 AM
If it is Stubbs he will get my backing as did TB 'til it was clear he was a clueless clown. I hope I am way off but I don't get a good vibe about appointing Stubbs. I think it is a big gamble asking a first time manager to come in and sign almost a full team and have it ready to play it's first game in just over a month.

I know the objective is to get promoted first time of asking but I wonder if with his appointment they are asking him to build a team with the understanding that it may take a few seasons for us to get back up.

Personally I'd have preferred us to appoint a foreign coach.

I think you are right re appointment to build a team rather than focus soley on promotion in one season.

SlickShoes
21-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Article says nothing more than some folk have posted here about various managers in the last few days

Beefster
21-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Scott Burns is usually right about Hibs stuff.

It's time for folk to get repeatedly posting how they didn't want Stubbs and are unsure about his appointment but will back him fully. This can then be used in the coming season, after any important defeat, as proof that you are The Oracle and predicted that Stubbs would be pish.

Waxy
21-06-2014, 07:02 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2664256/Alan-Stubbs-set-named-Hibernian-manager-Everton-Under-21-boss-impresses-talks.html

jeffers
21-06-2014, 07:09 AM

It's time for folk to get repeatedly posting how they didn't want Stubbs and are unsure about his appointment but will back him fully. This can then be used in the coming season, after any important defeat, as proof that you are The Oracle and predicted that Stubbs would be pish.

Or maybe this is a forum where people post their thoughts/opinions if that's OK with you. I'm not sure about Stubbs. There I've said it.

iwasthere1972
21-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Stubbs.....The Chosen One.

Col2
21-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Great article from last year. Speaks well and you can just smell ambition and leadership.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-hero-alan-stubbs-people-2801187

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Didn't want him but, will get behind him like I have with any other manager.

DH1875
21-06-2014, 07:21 AM

We'll I think he'll be pish and I don't need to wait for any important defeat to say it. Of the 4 aparant names on the list, he's the last one I'd have picked.
Feel free to call me a this and that if I'm proven wrong. Hope I will be but I doubt it.

Broken Gnome
21-06-2014, 07:52 AM
We'll I think he'll be pish and I don't need to wait for any important defeat to say it. Of the 4 aparant names on the list, he's the last one I'd have picked.
Feel free to call me a this and that if I'm proven wrong. Hope I will be but I doubt it.

Could call you a this and that the now TBH.

The opposition to Stubbs, or anyone, based on nothing more than hunches is ridiculous. Can't believe there's so much opposition to a coach whose work and achievements are completely unbeknown to us. There's as much chance as him being a success as any other of the people LD realistically considered, and if she's decided on him then it means she's been convinced he can build a team.

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2014, 07:53 AM

Nodding head in agreement smiley. Not a clue what type of manager he will make any more than anyone else on here. Has the necessary attributes mentioned earlier. People who are against him should start a wee club and let us all know who they are so that IF things go well we know who to laugh at. Thing is though, anyone saying now that it will end in tears are statistically going to be right. Most managers are eventually sacked so pretty sure some clown would dig out a thread in ten years time saying I told you so. As an aside I should say that I do not believe in statistics apart from one. 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

Elephant Stone
21-06-2014, 07:54 AM

Which 4?

down-the-slope
21-06-2014, 07:57 AM

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482439/Former-Chelsea-and-Leeds-striker-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-in-line-to-take-over-at-Hibs

i'll raise you another Express 'exclusive' - if you chuck enough darts then you will hit bull****.....ooppss....bullseye at some point

still hoping LD pulls unquoted rabbit out hat at press conference

Beefster
21-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Or maybe this is a forum where people post their thoughts/opinions if that's OK with you. I'm not sure about Stubbs. There I've said it.

Twice in the same thread. Good work.

MrSmith
21-06-2014, 08:05 AM

Pretty much feel the same. Done some brief research and I am completely underwhelmed by this if true. However, be glad to be proved wrong.

Also, could be that I'm just jaded by the annual change of manager and am completely board having no faith in our board to pick their nose never mind a manager!

Gus
21-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Great article from last year. Speaks well and you can just smell ambition and leadership.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-hero-alan-stubbs-people-2801187

Not knocking you, but the only smelly from the DR is that of *****

jeffers
21-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Twice in the same thread. Good work.

Great to get your approval means so much to me.

Heedersnvolleys
21-06-2014, 08:19 AM

The opposition to Stubbs, or anyone, based on nothing more than hunches is ridiculous. Can't believe there's so much opposition to a coach whose work and achievements are completely unbeknown to us. There's as much chance as him being a success as any other of the people LD realistically considered, and if she's decided on him then it means she's been convinced he can build a team.
I think you answered it yourself, don't think we are in a position to go into the unknown!

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 08:20 AM
:):)
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482439/Former-Chelsea-and-Leeds-striker-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-in-line-to-take-over-at-Hibs

i'll raise you another Express 'exclusive' - if you chuck enough darts then you will hit bull****.....ooppss....bullseye at some point

still hoping LD pulls unquoted rabbit out hat at press conference
thanks hadnt read that one im sure he was duly considered

bigwheel
21-06-2014, 08:22 AM
People can have their opinions on Stubbs , but frankly they are of no relevance....almost everyone seemed happy with a Butchers appointment and he was the biggest managerial disaster at our club of all time ...remember the sense of massive underwhelmed feeling when Mowbray was appointed. The truth is, even Alan Stubbs doesn't know how this is going to go - let's hope the process has chosen a winner and we will progress - we've had years of going backwards - time for a bit of forward momentum...let's get behind him, get Petrie out , and go and enjoy a season where we could actually win the league if we get it right ...

Hibbyradge
21-06-2014, 08:23 AM
I don't get a good vibe about appointing Stubbs.

How did your last "good vibe" manager work out? :wink:

down-the-slope
21-06-2014, 08:24 AM
:):)
thanks hadnt read that one im sure he was duly considered

I'm not sure he was - I think the MSM are guessing to fill the void of and real facts -

Exclusive - DTS can confirm that today is Saturday...and I fully expect tomorrow to be Sunday

erskine-hibby
21-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Alan Stubbs's green and white army!

timewilltell
21-06-2014, 08:26 AM

This

Lang Toun Hibs
21-06-2014, 08:27 AM

Come on now children! Let's all just get behind the club and have a bit of respect for each other's views and opinions.

Yours,

Happy clapper über fan. ;o)

jeffers
21-06-2014, 08:28 AM
How did your last "good vibe" manager work out? :wink:

Had me buzzing 😜

hibs0666
21-06-2014, 08:29 AM

Like the rest of us you do not have a clue what Stubbs or any of th eother guys will be like as a Hibs manager.

What you're really saying is that you don't trust Dempster to do her job.

Hibbyradge
21-06-2014, 08:30 AM

"I know the style I want to play. It’s quite simple – just win".

:hmmm:

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure he was - I think the MSM are guessing to fill the void of and real facts -

Exclusive - DTS can confirm that today is Saturday...and I fully expect tomorrow to be Sunday
afraid your wrong there tomorrow will always be tomorrow

hibIBZ
21-06-2014, 08:32 AM
If it is Stubbs I feel sorry for him. Having spoken to a few fans about him ( stressing these are not my opinions) but they are not best pleased, even prompting 1 to say " why can we never get it right" "why won't the club learn " the poor guy hasn't even got the job yet and already people don't want him. I personally think he has a good education in the game. Was a tough competitor as a player and a man in defeating a horrible disease, good football education working with moyes and Martinez, he also has experience working with youth players

Hibbyradge
21-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Had me buzzing 

But not the team.

flash
21-06-2014, 08:34 AM

Maybe you can tell him you don't fancy having him as manager when he is in the dugout then tell us if he calls you any names.

Zazu62
21-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Why does it say she will take her recommendation to the hibs board ?

jeffers
21-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Come on now children! Let's all just get behind the club and have a bit of respect for each other's views and opinions.

Yours,

Happy clapper über fan. ;o)

Aye fair enough. But as I said earlier this is a forum where we share our views opinions and I've explained why I have my reservations. What I don't appreciate is the suggestion that those of us who are expressing those reservations are doing so just so we can say we told you so if things don't go well. Added to that a wee dig 'cos we've said we will still back him, even if he's not our preferred choice, would it be better if we said we wouldn't ?

Flanny boy
Welcome to hibernian Alan Stubbs
we are all right behind you :flag:

Turkish Green
"It is understood Hibs have backed up their interest with further talks and new chief executive Leeann Dempster took her recommendations back to the Hibs board earlier this week when Stubbs emerged as the chosen one."

So, if Scott Burns is correct and LD's recommendation went to the Board "earlier this week", how is it taking so long to endorse the recommendation and announce the appointment? I assume terms were agreed and tied-up before LD made her recommendation of the preferred candidate. Or were they?

Of course as it is Hibs (and Petrie), there will likely be some hitch in the process.

calumhibee1
21-06-2014, 08:36 AM
I thought he was the most exciting out of the 4. Delighted if true.

Hibbyradge
21-06-2014, 08:37 AM

What should it say? :confused:

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Because that's the way it should be done.

southern hibby
21-06-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm the same as everyone on here. I'm not sure if it will be a good signing for us or not. However, this is LD first major signing and if it does go bad this site will go into melt down. We'll have comments like Petrie's behind this signing etc.
I personally do not feel inspired, does not want me to renew my season ticket. But as a fan, by who's own Expectations, hopes and desires for Hibs is to compete on the pitch.
I will lower my expectations and say this. If he can make the players look interested, improve fitness levels ( so at least the might win the odd loose ball ), try and find a pass to a Hibs player within 15 yards and try and keep possession. Then I'm convinced LD has got a manager who will improve our team. This alone should be the inspiration for a new chapter I'n what has been a bitter 7 years.
Oh and I will renew my season ticket. GGTTH

Leith Green
21-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Ffs... People should keep any negativity away until the guy has had a chance and proven himself to deserve it..

ArmadaleHibs
21-06-2014, 08:41 AM
I've believed for years there's a inherent problem at Easter road, somethings been missing for a long time. Yes Rod Petrie is partially/mostly to blame. Players have not performed to the capabilities which is another aspect of the problem. There's been a negative hanging over us for too long.

But for me one of the biggest problems is us as fans and the OVER CRITICAL negative, written off before the players and managers are in the door attitude. Creating this crap negative I know better underwhelming attitude. It's a wonder we never seem to succeed and it's a wonder any player/manager wants to join our club with fans like us. It's probably only a small minority but it's enough to be noticed and even the media rip us because of it.

Get behind the new manager and the players and at least give them the chance they deserve when they come to this club

We know nothing of what Alan Stubbs has to offer yet were already saying it's possibly the wrong choice. REALLY

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Ffs... People should keep any negativity away until the guy has had a chance and proven himself to deserve it..

Not the Hibs way unfortunately. The eternal optimist in me quite likes the idea of Stubbs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Why hasn't anyone said that Stubbs isn't Hibs class?:dunno:

jeffers
Maybe you can tell him you don't fancy having him as manager when he is in the dugout then tell us if he calls you any names.

Aye very good.

down-the-slope

Because thats what a CEO does...as RP did when he was CEO. Its also not a day to day decision and so as such the board who are responsible for setting overall strategy should approve CEO's recommendation

Turkish Green
21-06-2014, 08:44 AM
On the Stubbs v Vernon poll I voted for Vernon but that does not mean I am against Stubsy. He's unproven at manager level but may turn out to be a rough diamond.

Success to him when (if) he is officially appointed.

Waxy
21-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Look out all your cammy gear. Its ASGAWA

Hibbyradge
21-06-2014, 08:47 AM
On the Stubbs v Vernon poll I voted for Vernon but that does not mean I am against Stubsy. He's unproven at manager level but may turn out to be a rough diamond.

Success to him when (if) he is officially appointed.

Who the f*** is Vernon?

ltyf

Gustavo Fring
21-06-2014, 08:48 AM
probably would have been better off just stickin wi butcher

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Who the f*** is Vernon?

ltyf

Ex Aberdeen striker??

Johibs
21-06-2014, 08:50 AM
He's a new manager at hibs. I'll give him the 100% backing he deserves until I've been given reason to change that - which I hope he doesn't.

End of.

Turkish Green
21-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Who the f*** is Vernon?

ltyf
:wink: F***ed if I know. Isn't Scott Vernon up for the job, then.

Typing from an iPad does my head in.

scoopyboy
21-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Who the f*** is Vernon?

ltyf

Vernon Sollas was a boxer from Wallyford, won the British featherweight title in the seventies.

Bostonhibby
21-06-2014, 08:58 AM

Like when we appointed Mowbray, I have no idea how Stubbs would do if he gets the job. I feel it will be a good appointment. Hopefully if it doesn't work out one of the more cautious will save this post to remind me where I went wrong in hoping for the best if he is appointed.

Its difficult to shake of the legacy of Petries appointments I agree but its easy to be in the " I told you so" camp if you conditionally welcome a manager in. You actually have the security of never being wrong!

I am optimistically getting behind what the CEO does until I see problems or I detect the hand of Rod, who I believe has to go because there's plenty evidence supporting it.

SMAXXA
21-06-2014, 09:10 AM

give the guy a chance ffs

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 09:12 AM
"It is understood Hibs have backed up their interest with further talks and new chief executive Leeann Dempster took her recommendations back to the Hibs board earlier this week when Stubbs emerged as the chosen one."

So, if Scott Burns is correct and LD's recommendation went to the Board "earlier this week", how is it taking so long to endorse the recommendation and announce the appointment? I assume terms were agreed and tied-up before LD made her recommendation of the preferred candidate. Or were they?

Of course as it is Hibs (and Petrie), there will likely be some hitch in the process.

would or could compensation be a reason for delay not sure what his contract position is at Everton

HH81
21-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Seems odd the club has not announced this?

Ronniekirk
21-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Nodding head in agreem:agree:ent smiley. Not a clue what type of manager he will make any more than anyone else on here. Has the necessary attributes mentioned earlier. People who are against him should start a wee club and let us all know who they are so that IF things go well we know who to laugh at. Thing is though, anyone saying now that it will end in tears are statistically going to be right. Most managers are eventually sacked so pretty sure some clown would dig out a thread in ten years time saying I told you so. As an aside I should say that I do not believe in statistics apart from one. 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

The seven Dwarfs were all in the Bath and felt Happy .Happy got out and they all felt Grumppy .

Sp judging by other threads and posts there are going to be lots of Grumpy Hibees with this Appointment ,
I will keep open mind as genuinely don't know a lot about his progress / achievements at Everton .But Leeanns track record at well was good and she laid out clearly the qualities she was looking for so we have to assume he has these and impressed in interview and the soundings she has taken from others who know him have endorsed him Clearly she thinks he can bridge the disconnect between youth and first team as she has identified this as key going forward .He clearly has ambition from statements in Reports I have seen .Leadership is a difficult one to gauge ,people can say the right sound bites but it's whether they can put that into action so assume she has sounded out people that have seen him in day to day work .
Yes it's a risk appointing him but it will be a calculated risk on Leeann s part after doing Due Diligence

I am more concerned about how far we have gone back the way as a Club in the last three or four years .The changes Leeann is making are long overdue Can this radical overhaul lead to promotion this season ,well no one can at this stage truthfully answer that ..
Only Time Will Tell If We Are Happy Or Grumpy At End Of Season .But we do now need to unite behind the new set up as in longer term I have the feeling Leeann will turn this club around
:flag:

neil7908
21-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I honestly dont have a clue who I want...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Seems odd the club has not announced this?

I think they'll announce it on Monday.

Ronniekirk
21-06-2014, 09:20 AM
That's the way it has to be done ,just like her recommendation to sack Butcher had to be Ratified by The Board .

Stuarty27
21-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Looking forward to seeing how he does, be interesting to see who his number 2 will be? Davie Weir!?

The Harp Awakes
21-06-2014, 09:26 AM
give the guy a chance ffs

We've went through so many failed managers I've no idea who would be a good appointment. As ever, will give The new manager 100% backing. Stubbs may be good for us but if I was Dempster I'd make sure there is a hefty compo clause in his contract. If he's a success he'll be offski to the first decent sized English club that comes calling. Or the lesser greens of course.

Ray_
21-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Looking forward to seeing how he does, be interesting to see who his number 2 will be? Davie Weir!?

David Unsworth hopefully, he has very good reputation in the South.

Heisenberg
21-06-2014, 09:28 AM
He's an unknown but ill definitely back him. There's no evidence to suggest he'll do a bad job. He's worked at a big club with talented young players, we're giving him his chance to manage a football club and i hope he's a huge success. Why will he be any worse than Mowbray? As far as I remember he'd never managed before.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-06-2014, 09:29 AM
The Daily Record article on his book was a good read, however the following paragraph worried me slightly...

"I know the style I want to play. It’s quite simple – just win. Nowadays we can get too wrapped up in philosophies and formations. Yes, you have to touch on it but there is no point in having a philosophy if you don’t win games."

Yes, winning a game once in a whole would be nice however I don't think he should be dismissing formations as something to get 'wrapped up' in. A lack of formation or any form of tactics is what got us relegated.

He will have my full support if its him and hopefully we've pulled another Mowbray out the bag

Ray_
21-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Vernon Sollas was a boxer from Wallyford, won the British featherweight title in the seventies.

Exciting to watch boxer, as was the superb ken Buchanan from that era.

coldingham hibs
21-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Everton u21's 11th in a 22 team league, Stubbs u21's coach. I wonder what has impressed Hibs about his capabilities.

HibbyDave
21-06-2014, 09:49 AM
It could be mourino or ferguson but nothing will change till those at the top change.

Gatecrasher
21-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I just can't get excited over this, hope I'm wrong though.

weonlywon6-2
21-06-2014, 09:54 AM

If true it is possibly the best option we could have taken,a fresh face with no connections to hibs before.

Bostonhibby
21-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Exciting to watch boxer, as was the superb ken Buchanan from that era.

Remember them both well as a keen fan of boxing in that era, met Ken a few times before and after he retired. Great guy and outstanding boxer when you think about who else was active at that time.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Saw him at easter road with a fishing rod and a loaf of bread

--------
21-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Naw Lucius - she should go off rampaging about like a bull in a china shop, making appointments here and sacking other folks there without any reference whatsoever to anyone else in the club.

:devil:

Not the Hibs way unfortunately.

No - and that's a major part of the problem at the club - the folks who want success NOW if not earlier, and who won't take 'no' for an answer, and who spout their bile all over the forums and from the stands whenever they don't get what they want exactly when they want it.

The eternal optimist in me quite likes the idea of Stubbs.

I agree. He has good credentials as a coach, and the fact that he hasn't been "the manager" isn't as crucial in a situation where Leeann Dempster is looking after contracts and day-to-day business affecting the players. She worked very closely with McCall at Motherwell, and McCall was very clear on more than one occasion about how much he appreciated her work supporting him and allowing him to concentrate on the team and the coaching. She didn't undermine him as team boss, but she did take a load off his shoulders and allowed him to get on with what he's good at.

If this is a true bill, and Alan Stubbs is announced as the new manager on Monday, I'll feel a lot better about things than I have for a while.

But I still want Rod Petrie out of my football club. :devil:

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2014, 10:19 AM
I'd imagine, IQ-wise, Stubbs is head and shoulders above TB!

The Green Goblin
21-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Saw him at easter road with a fishing rod and a loaf of bread

He may not need to catch the fish, cos we've got less than 5000 ST holders. The loaves should be enough.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2014, 10:22 AM
How long does he get?

down-the-slope
21-06-2014, 10:24 AM

:crazy:

Heisenberg
21-06-2014, 10:24 AM
How long does he get?

He gets until we lose possession for the first time against Livi in the opening game IMO.

John_the_angus_hibby
21-06-2014, 10:28 AM
The Daily Record article on his book was a good read, however the following paragraph worried me slightly...

"I know the style I want to play. It’s quite simple – just win. Nowadays we can get too wrapped up in philosophies and formations. Yes, you have to touch on it but there is no point in having a philosophy if you don’t win games."

Yes, winning a game once in a whole would be nice however I don't think he should be dismissing formations as something to get 'wrapped up' in. A lack of formation or any form of tactics is what got us relegated.

He will have my full support if its him and hopefully we've pulled another Mowbray out the bag

But he said winning is the point. Of course he will deploy tactics and formations, but as we know they are all useless when we lose.

I actually like "there is no point in having a philosophy if you don’t win games." To a degree our obsession with the Hibs way is not healthy. Why can't winning be the Hibs way? It would be nice to try it for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
21-06-2014, 10:32 AM

It would be quite cool if we got a big banner hung up the back of the East like Man Utd's Moyes one saying "Stubbs......The Latest One".

--------
21-06-2014, 10:34 AM

I have a dog who could out-think Butcher in her sleep.

And several potatoes in the larder very much his intellectual superiors. :rolleyes:

matty_f
21-06-2014, 10:38 AM
How long does he get?

We better win the toss in our first pre-season game, that's all I'm saying.

emerald green
21-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Few reporters on Twitter were 99% sure it was Stubbs last night. Looks like it will be confirmed on Monday morning. He has worked under Moyes and Martinez so hopefully that will be good for him. Am guessing he worked with Barkley at some point?? We might be able to get a few young Toffees on loan. Am not too excited but rather hopeful.

Sorry, but that's not going to be good enough to get Hibs out of this league in one go. Hibs have been down the loan route so many times and it's just not the answer.

If we do take any of these young guys on loan it MUST be backed up with the signing of good quality experienced pros (non bevvy merchants preferably to set the young lads a good example). We need a good reliable keeper (plus back up keeper - why did they bin Murdoch?), a whole new back four, a fast winger, and a couple of strikers. Where the money for that lot is going to come from I don't know to be honest.

If it is Stubbs, I wish you the very best of luck. You will need it to clear up the damage that's been done to my club.

BVB Hibs
21-06-2014, 10:44 AM
But he said winning is the point. Of course he will deploy tactics and formations, but as we know they are all useless when we lose.

I actually like "there is no point in having a philosophy if you don’t win games." To a degree our obsession with the Hibs way is not healthy. Why can't winning be the Hibs way? It would be nice to try it for a while.

:agree: Saying that he doesn't want to get wrapped up in philosophy doesn't mean he isn't going to deploy tactics. A philosophy isn't all that important anyway, and having an adaptable team would be a whole lot more important. Playing a counter attacking game one week, and route 1 the next based on your opponents would be an obvious advantage.

We get too wrapped up in playing the Hibs way. I want to play the winning way and even if like everybody else I prefer to see a fast game with the ball on the deck, that can't work always work. He's a football coach, even if he's not managed before, I trust him to have a bit of sense and not just tell the team to get on the park and do their thing without reason or tactics.

LancsHibs
21-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Really pleased it looks like we have a new manager in place, time to get behind him and wish him all the luck going, he has a massive rebuilding job.
Don't understand why people think he will be unveiled on Monday? What's wrong with today??:confused:
Off to get some beers in to celebrate:cheers:might just get some stubbies!!

--------
21-06-2014, 10:54 AM

I saw that. Oh dear.

I like Smartie's idea of "Alan Stubbs - The Latest One" at the back of the East.

What are you on - are you serious?

He was working with Moyes and then Martinez at Goodison. Not notable long-ball specialists either of them.

But then neither of them spent hours and hours going on about their 'philosophy' of the game, either.

I always felt that Tony Mowbray's one weakness in his time at ER was his habit in the early days of talking about how he thought the game 'should' be played. Sounded pretty lame after those 4-0 humpings from the Jambos.

And I suspect that Collins put the players off with HIS philosophising.

TBH, "the Hibs way" and "Hibs class" are two phrases I wouldn't mind ever hearing or reading again. Winning would be nice. Even not losing sometimes.

That would be a start.

banchoryhibs
21-06-2014, 10:54 AM
“I remember Sir Alex Ferguson saying that before you could become a good manager you had to become a good coach. I took that on board.

“I have always wanted to be a manager and I still do. But I had to prove to myself that I could coach first of all. I’ve been through all my badges and believe I’m a good coach, not a brilliant coach. But I believe I will become a very good manager and be able to influence players.

“I know the style I want to play. It’s quite simple – just win. Nowadays we can get too wrapped up in philosophies and formations. Yes, you have to touch on it but there is no point in having a philosophy if you don’t win games.

“It’s different at this level because we are developing players but we also want them to win and go on to be winners. Losers don’t play at the highest level. It’s the same with managers.

“My first job has to be the right one. I don’t want my first job to be my last."

He can talk the talk - let's see him deliver.......

And will he bring in Davie Weir as No 2?

Heisenberg
21-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Will James Mcfadden be our first signing?

Lago
21-06-2014, 11:12 AM

Love it.:aok:

jeffers
21-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Love it.:aok:

Really pleased for you there.

heretoday
21-06-2014, 11:23 AM
I wanted McCall but that seems a lost cause now. Good luck to Stubbsie if it's him. Hope he has some contacts up here for decent players.

NAE NOOKIE
21-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Given the 4 alleged candidates I imagine this debate would be the same no matter the choice.

Ian Murray: Doing a great job at Dumbarton, but Butcher was doing a great job at ICT too.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Played at the highest level, but IMO had a stinking attitude when the chips were down.

Ian McCall: Knocked doors out of windows at Motherwell and probably the best candidate.

Alan Stubbs: Never been a manager before, but he clearly doesn't lack ambition or drive and has played for and worked under some good managers.

Apart from Hasselbaink I wouldn't be down on any of these guys if appointed ... As things stand we ( the fans ) are pretty peed off when it comes to the ER managerial merry go round and I doubt anything less than the appointment of Jose Mourinho would get us either excited or in total agreement.

The big problem Hibs have is that we don't just have a team to turn around we have a whole club to turn around.

skipster7
21-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I've believed for years there's a inherent problem at Easter road, somethings been missing for a long time. Yes Rod Petrie is partially/mostly to blame. Players have not performed to the capabilities which is another aspect of the problem. There's been a negative hanging over us for too long.

But for me one of the biggest problems is us as fans and the OVER CRITICAL negative, written off before the players and managers are in the door attitude. Creating this crap negative I know better underwhelming attitude. It's a wonder we never seem to succeed and it's a wonder any player/manager wants to join our club with fans like us. It's probably only a small minority but it's enough to be noticed and even the media rip us because of it.

Get behind the new manager and the players and at least give them the chance they deserve when they come to this club

We know nothing of what Alan Stubbs has to offer yet were already saying it's possibly the wrong choice. REALLY
Exactly. We have appointed a guy working at Everton while Hearts have captain Caveman and the rangers aunt sally. What is it people "dont fancy" exactly ?

silverhibee
21-06-2014, 11:32 AM
FFS the guy isn't even in the door yet and the knifes are being sharpened by some on here.

madhatter
21-06-2014, 11:35 AM
People should focus on getting behind whoever we get in, if its Stubbs then grand. If it is someone else grand. There are no good or bad appointments at this stage they become good or bad once they've been in the job 6-12months. I just want a manager and assistant that will command respect. get the best out of our youngsters and can bring in decent players. I hope scouting is improved this year as well. If we narrowly miss out on promotion but play good football and entertain, I won't be happy but I certainly would stick with the manager we have.

This Stubbs the latest one is a great dig at the club but in terms of welcoming a new manager - its poor. In any organisation, hiring a person in a high up role like this is always a gamble. For instance, if the CEO of Apple went to Microsoft would they be a success? Who knows...different company, different mentality, different employees. This is not a science.

SlickShoes
21-06-2014, 11:35 AM
FFS the guy isn't even in the door yet and the knifes are being sharpened by some on here.

The hibs way

Gatecrasher
21-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Can you blame people for being a bit sceptical?
The club is at its worst point in over 20 years, hardly any season tickets sold, we have no team, no money and share a league with 2 fierce competitors who are well ahead of us at this moment in time. We are looking at an untried manager who's current fans club are happy to pay the bus fare up here. Their reasons for wanting him out might be valid or invalid but it does make you wonder.

Lago
21-06-2014, 11:52 AM
So we have an unconfirmed report that Alan Stubbs is to be the new Hibs manager and within a few hours the we don't fancy Stubbs band waggon is on a roll. Unfortunately the anti Stubbers don't seem to be able to let us know who they would prefer. Finckle fans indeed.

Islington Hibs
21-06-2014, 11:53 AM
The club is at its worst point in over 20 years, hardly any season tickets sold, we have no team, no money and share a league with 2 fierce competitors who are well ahead of us at this moment in time. We are looking at an untried manager who's current fans club are happy to pay the bus fare up here. Their reasons for wanting him out might be valid or invalid but it does make you wonder.

What you say may be true but it is neither the new managers fault or Leeann's.

It is unfair not to give the new CEO and manager a decent period 2 years minimum, in my view, given the points you raise (and I agree with) about the terrible starting point to start to turn things around. This is not a quick fix.

Col2
21-06-2014, 11:53 AM

Its incredible isn't Silver. I have come to conclusion that it would be the same reaction for any of the managers linked to us. Always focusing on the negatives.

Leithenhibby
21-06-2014, 11:54 AM

:agree:

It's a poor show. Will we ever agree who it should be, I think not.

I'll take Stubbs all day long.

Peevemor
21-06-2014, 11:55 AM

I wouldn't be too sure about us having no money. Cutbacks were already planned across all the squads and while the belt is maybe being tightened a wee bit more than planned, I'd be surprised if the board/RP hasn't informed STF that he's going to have to take a hit over the next season or two.

The_Horde
21-06-2014, 12:03 PM

There's enough negativity surrounding hibs without people jumping to conclusions. It's like when we sign a new player and nobody has seen him play yet they get named in our "best 11".

Can't people just wait and see? He's not even been confirmed yet it might not even be him.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2014, 12:03 PM
:hmmm:

He's probably bright enough to fool some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people some of the time.

Gatecrasher
21-06-2014, 12:04 PM
What you say may be true but it is neither the new managers fault or Leeann's.

It is unfair not to give the new CEO and manager a decent period 2 years minimum, in my view, given the points you raise (and I agree with) about the terrible starting point to start to turn things around. This is not a quick fix.the same gets said about every manager, needs time etc, if we're not doing the business by Christmas the voices of concern will already be on the way.

I wouldn't be too sure about us having no money. Cutbacks were already planned across all the squads and while the belt is maybe being tightened a wee bit more than planned, I'd be surprised if the board/RP hasn't informed STF that he's going to have to take a hit over the next season or two. the lack of season tickets sold might mean there's even less money than inticipated.

Gatecrasher
21-06-2014, 12:06 PM
;4071125']There's enough negativity surrounding hibs without people jumping to conclusions. It's like when we sign a new player and nobody has seen him play yet they get named in our "best 11".

Can't people just wait and see? He's not even been confirmed yet it might not even be him.
I'm happy to wait and see but all I'm saying is given the circumstances I can see why a lot of people are a bit sceptical.

Wilson
21-06-2014, 12:06 PM
We better win the toss in our first pre-season game, that's all I'm saying.

Brilliant.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2014, 12:07 PM

Well, we're down now anyway, what more harm could he do?

Peevemor
21-06-2014, 12:09 PM
the same gets said about every manager, needs time etc, if we're not doing the business by Christmas the voices of concern will already be on the way.

the lack of season tickets sold might mean there's even less money than inticipated.

Given that we're waiting on the manager's appointment, the subsequent player signings and news of exactly what's happening price wise with STs it's hardly surprising if sales have ground to a halt. I'm looking forward to hearing a stream of positive news coming from ER starting early next week.

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 12:09 PM
I'd have liked us to go for Mark Warburton at Brentford if they hadn't got promoted up to the Championship. Even still, they will probably be among the favourites to be relegated back down this season, so, he might have been worth sounding out.
Unfortunately with Stubbs, we are going deep into the unknown, when in reality, we can't really afford another gamble. This needs to be the right choice or we could be humped down in that league for a while. Find it strange the board have decided to gamble at this time, old head with an up and coming coach/manager like Stubbs as number 2 was the way to go with a view of them taking over after promotion and consolidation back in the top flight. He must have really impressed at the interview and been given good references.
Throw in the fact he needs to build a whole new team very quickly and MUST get promotion, it's also a big gamble for Stubbs in his first job as it could effectively ruin him if he fails. If he's not popular from the get go, he won't get much slack from the support. One concern is it reeks of a Petrie appointment, untried, presumably a lot cheaper than your average manager with experiance. We really need to stop being guinea pigs for coaches wanting their first gig, even more so if this goes horribly wrong like many are predicting!
Just have to wait and see, whoever gets it is playing catch up on the rest of the league with pre-season starting on Monday and I would imagine most available players being sounded out by clubs the last wee while, whereas we'll have approached no one and from the outside looking in, look like a complete and utter shambles. Massive task for whoever it is!

SlickShoes
21-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I'd have liked us to go for Mark Warburton at Brentford if they hadn't got promoted up to the Championship. Even still, they will probably be among the favourites to be relegated back down this season, so, he might have been worth sounding out.
Unfortunately with Stubbs, we are going deep into the unknown, when in reality, we can't really afford another gamble. This needs to be the right choice or we could be humped down in that league for a while. Find it strange the board have decided to gamble at this time, old head with an up and coming coach/manager like Stubbs as number 2 was the way to go with a view of them taking over after promotion and consolidation back in the top flight. He must have really impressed at the interview and been given good references.
Throw in the fact he needs to build a whole new team very quickly and MUST get promotion, it's also a big gamble for Stubbs in his first job as it could effectively ruin him if he fails. If he's not popular from the get go, he won't get much slack from the support. One concern is it reeks of a Petrie appointment, untried, presumably a lot cheaper than your average manager with experiance. We really need to stop being guinea pigs for coaches wanting their first gig, even more so if this goes horribly wrong like many are predicting!
Just have to wait and see, whoever gets it is playing catch up on the rest of the league with pre-season starting on Monday and I would imagine most available players being sounded out by clubs the last wee while, whereas we'll have approached no one and from the outside looking in, look like a complete and utter shambles. Massive task for whoever it is!

Every appointment is a gamble in football management it's rare for managers to do well at multiple clubs, everyone thought butcher was a safe bet and look what happened there.

Paperboy
21-06-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm getting behind Stubbs. If true he was interviewed for the Everton job before Martinez got it shows how highly regarded he is buy a top Premiership club.

Sorry if I've missed this but who were/are the four candidates? My dads convinced Owen Coyle was one "heard in a pub n Leith yesterday"

Stuarty27
21-06-2014, 12:21 PM
This thread is ******g annoying me.

We haven't even heard him speak, Christ nobody knows what any manager will be like.

It's time to join together behind Leanne and the new manager to try and get us out this hole we are in!

The way it's going we are gonna be in the mess for years to come if we don't watch.

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Every appointment is a gamble in football management it's rare for managers to do well at multiple clubs, everyone thought butcher was a safe bet and look what happened there.

Yes, but there's a difference between an even money gamble and a 10/1 shot. Stubbs is of the 10/1 variety.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2014, 12:23 PM

I think our mistake with Butcher is that we were prepared to judge him on Inverness, and totally ignore what a dick he made of every other job he was in.

We should really have been alarmed when he started to manipulate his appointment through the media. By the time he spoke about the Hibs job as his pension, it was already too late.

Geo_1875
21-06-2014, 12:26 PM

**** right off.

DC_Hibs
21-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Aye, I'm sure he'd have jumped at the chance of 2nd tier Scottish fitba whether promoted or not.....

Maybe one day, reality will set in for folk

John_the_angus_hibby
21-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Yup. Be a Hibs fan and (in a spooky voice) despair....

EdinMike
21-06-2014, 12:33 PM
By the by... Is this even confirmed yet ?!

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 12:40 PM
**** right off.

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and ***** out a smarter statement than that....

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Aye, I'm sure he'd have jumped at the chance of 2nd tier Scottish fitba whether promoted or not.....

Maybe one day, reality will set in for folk

If they hadn't been promoted, possibly. You never know if you don't ask and show at least some sign of ambition.

Elephant Stone
21-06-2014, 12:43 PM

Why? He was a coach at a Premiership club, he won't be coming for sweeties.

We need to stop being guinea pigs? Our last managers with no managing experience were Mowbray and Collins, why stop there?

Bishop Hibee
21-06-2014, 12:45 PM
If it is Stubbs then I'll go on record as being happier with this appointment than Yogi or Butcher although both got my support until bit was obvious they couldn't hack it.

Huge challenge for him given the mess we're in.

Peevemor
21-06-2014, 12:46 PM
I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and ***** out a smarter statement than that....

Why do you say that it "reeks of a Petrie appointment". Were Butcher & co. a cheap, untried option. Was Yogi? I'd say that, if it happens, it looks very much like a Dempster appointment, ie. someone that fits into her plans for the club.

timewilltell
21-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Good to see you're positive anyway...!:rolleyes:

silverhibee
21-06-2014, 12:49 PM

It wouldn't matter who we appointed as the manager, not everyone will be 100% for it.

Stubbs will be our new manager and will be paraded on Monday, lets just give the guy a chance and see what he brings to the table, pointless moaning about spilt milk now he is the man in charge and we just need to get behind him and the new team he brings in.

And i couldn't care less what the toffee fans are saying, maybe they don't want to admit that they are losing a good coach :greengrin

Aldo
21-06-2014, 12:50 PM

It's crazy Silver.

I just don't get what some folk really want and tbh they will never be happy.

I would of been happy with Hill or Gemmill and yeah I think McCall is a good manager but I'm happy with Stubbs.

Let's give the guy a bloody chance FFS.

This place really has to have a bit of foresight rather than spouting that the guy is no good before he's even been announced.

Sent frae ma iPad supping a cold beer in Hammamet Tunisia. ;-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 12:51 PM
By the by... Is this even confirmed yet ?!

All but...

silverhibee
21-06-2014, 12:55 PM
I think our mistake with Butcher is that we were prepared to judge him on Inverness, and totally ignore what a dick he made of every other job he was in.

We should really have been alarmed when he started to manipulate his appointment through the media. By the time he spoke about the Hibs job as his pension, it was already too late.

Should that not not be Petries name there, he signed him not us, fans had no say in it at all.

Aldo
21-06-2014, 12:57 PM
I'd have liked us to go for Mark Warburton at Brentford if they hadn't got promoted up to the Championship. Even still, they will probably be among the favourites to be relegated back down this season, so, he might have been worth sounding out. Unfortunately with Stubbs, we are going deep into the unknown, when in reality, we can't really afford another gamble. This needs to be the right choice or we could be humped down in that league for a while. Find it strange the board have decided to gamble at this time, old head with an up and coming coach/manager like Stubbs as number 2 was the way to go with a view of them taking over after promotion and consolidation back in the top flight. He must have really impressed at the interview and been given good references. Throw in the fact he needs to build a whole new team very quickly and MUST get promotion, it's also a big gamble for Stubbs in his first job as it could effectively ruin him if he fails. If he's not popular from the get go, he won't get much slack from the support. One concern is it reeks of a Petrie appointment, untried, presumably a lot cheaper than your average manager with experiance. We really need to stop being guinea pigs for coaches wanting their first gig, even more so if this goes horribly wrong like many are predicting! Just have to wait and see, whoever gets it is playing catch up on the rest of the league with pre-season starting on Monday and I would imagine most available players being sounded out by clubs the last wee while, whereas we'll have approached no one and from the outside looking in, look like a complete and utter shambles. Massive task for whoever it is!

So basically LD is a liar and isn't doing the recruiting.

Stinks of nowt tbh and your Petrie crap is getting ****ing boring.

Wee question for you - were you happy with the Mowbray appointment??

If Stubbs is half as good as Mowbray I'd be happy.... To start with anyway.

Your shooting him down before he's even in the door.

Massive job for whoever it is.

Butcher flopped as did our previous good knows how many managers.

Let's get positive and try no to be negative before it's even happened.

A do wonder sometimes.

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Why? He was a coach at a Premiership club, he won't be coming for sweeties.

We need to stop being guinea pigs? Our last managers with no managing experience were Mowbray and Collins, why stop there?

He's achieved nothing as of yet, so can't really command a stupidly high wage.

Ok, maybe worded that in not the best way. I was generalising in the fact we often go for limited experienced managers/coaches. Instead, get some experience and steady things. I know you'll argue Butcher was experience, however, except from one good season at ICT, it was clear we should have avoided him.

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Why do you say that it "reeks of a Petrie appointment". Were Butcher & co. a cheap, untried option. Was Yogi? I'd say that, if it happens, it looks very much like a Dempster appointment, ie. someone that fits into her plans for the club.

As it's along the same lines of where Petrie has looked in the past.
Re Butcher being cheap, he was at ICT, probably one of the worst paid gigs in the SPL, can't have seen him being on massive wages there.

silverhibee
21-06-2014, 01:03 PM

!00% Leeann Dempster signing.

Alan Stubbs, get behind him and stop your negative nonsense, what do you know about Stubbs, have you heard his plans yet, every manager is a gamble time to get behind "The Latest Choosen One."

Aldo
21-06-2014, 01:06 PM
He's achieved nothing as of yet, so can't really command a stupidly high wage. Ok, maybe worded that in not the best way. I was generalising in the fact we often go for limited experienced managers/coaches. Instead, get some experience and steady things. I know you'll argue Butcher was experience, however, except from one good season at ICT, it was clear we should have avoided him.

Hindsight a brilliant thing isn't it!!!

Deary me it's not about how much we pay the manager. What's cheap minimum wage cheap??

We've had experienced managers and got ourselves nowhere.... We've had in experienced managers and had mixed success.

Fwiw we've gone past the point of steadying, Butcher should of done this and didn't.... He was experienced, played at the highest level etc yet came to us and got us relegated (or was part of it anyway)

We need a manager that will bring some fresh ideas and develop some of our younger players and get us playing as a team.

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 01:06 PM
So basically LD is a liar and isn't doing the recruiting.

Stinks of nowt tbh and your Petrie crap is getting ****ing boring.

Wee question for you - were you happy with the Mowbray appointment??

If Stubbs is half as good as Mowbray I'd be happy.... To start with anyway.

Your shooting him down before he's even in the door.

Massive job for whoever it is.

Butcher flopped as did our previous good knows how many managers.

Let's get positive and try no to be negative before it's even happened.

A do wonder sometimes.

My Petrie crap? I have posted on here about ten times, doubt I've mentioned him before today! No wonder it's more a look at forum than join in on any discussions.

At the time, my thoughts on TM would have been the same as they are on AS. I hope he's better than half as good as Mogga who could hardly win a derby and we need to win those next year to get up!

I've not really slated Stubbs, just written a couple of concerns which you will find ripe among the wider Hibs support and not the 2% of it who come on here. If he gets it then I hope he's successful, of course I do, we all do. I just don't think this year, of all years, is the one to go down another untried and tested route.

silverhibee
21-06-2014, 01:08 PM
This thread is ******g annoying me.

We haven't even heard him speak, Christ nobody knows what any manager will be like.

It's time to join together behind Leanne and the new manager to try and get us out this hole we are in!

The way it's going we are gonna be in the mess for years to come if we don't watch.

And no doubt there will be plenty on here having a joke about that too when he does.

But just to be on the safe side i will get the bus in to ER on match day, i like my car and you just can't trust those scousers. :greengrin

Aldo
21-06-2014, 01:11 PM
My Petrie crap? I have posted on here about ten times, doubt I've mentioned him before today! No wonder it's more a look at forum than join in on any discussions. At the time, my thoughts on TM would have been the same as they are on AS. I hope he's better than half as good as Mogga who could hardly win a derby and we need to win those next year to get up! I've not really slated Stubbs, just written a couple of concerns which you will find ripe among the wider Hibs support and not the 2% of it who come on here. If he gets it then I hope he's successful, of course I do, we all do. I just don't think this year, of all years, is the one to go down another untried and tested route.

That's the problem with the other 98% of the support then. They don't want to look out the box sort to speak.... Scared to try something a bit different.

That has been what's wrong with the club.

Changing managers every other season and the turnover of playing staff has been one of the biggest issues.

This is an opportunity to get everyone pulling in the right direct from the youngest players to first team.

LD has choose a manager to fill this philosophy.

When would be the right time??

For me it's the right time. Onwards and upwards.

And fwiw if you think it's a look in forum then so be it.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 01:11 PM
!00% Leeann Dempster signing.

Alan Stubbs, get behind him and stop your negative nonsense, what do you know about Stubbs, have you heard his plans yet, every manager is a gamble time to get behind "The Latest Choosen One."

I only know what I've read about him online.

Of course I'll get behind him, we all will. Was just joining in on the discussion with some thoughts.

Cropley10
21-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Didn't want him but, will get behind him like I have with any other manager.

Really? Who did you want then?

Col_0762
21-06-2014, 01:16 PM
That's the problem with the other 98% of the support then. They don't want to look out the box sort to speak.... Scared to try something a bit different.

That has been what's wrong with the club.

Changing managers every other season and the turnover of playing staff has been one of the biggest issues.

This is an opportunity to get everyone pulling in the right direct from the youngest players to first team.

LD has choose a manager to fill this philosophy.

When would be the right time??

For me it's the right time. Onwards and upwards.

And fwiw if you think it's a look in forum then so be it.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

The right time would have been if we stayed up as Butcher should have been sacked regardless. In fact, he should have walked away himself if the truth be told.

My opinion of a look in forum was you jumping on me for mentioning Petrie and suggesting I'm on here talking about him all the time. I've mentioned him once, today. And back to that original point about him being involved, 4 Hibby's I've spoke to today all have similar worries so I'm not the only thinking what I said.

Hovehibby
21-06-2014, 01:17 PM
If true, hope he can bring a couple of everton's young players with him. He'll have a lot of connections down south, and will know the hidden talent from the reserve league. Hopefully not all loanees though.

silverhibee
21-06-2014, 01:20 PM
It's crazy Silver.

I just don't get what some folk really want and tbh they will never be happy.

I would of been happy with Hill or Gemmill and yeah I think McCall is a good manager but I'm happy with Stubbs.

Let's give the guy a bloody chance FFS.

This place really has to have a bit of foresight rather than spouting that the guy is no good before he's even been announced.

Sent frae ma iPad supping a cold beer in Hammamet Tunisia. ;-)

Just f***ing mental mate, folk haven't even heard his plans for the club and they are writing him off.

Sent fae ma moby in the conservatory :greengrin

Aldo
21-06-2014, 01:21 PM
The right time would have been if we stayed up as Butcher should have been sacked regardless. In fact, he should have walked away himself if the truth be told. My opinion of a look in forum was you jumping on me for mentioning Petrie and suggesting I'm on here talking about him all the time. I've mentioned him once, today. And back to that original point about him being involved, 4 Hibby's I've spoke to today all have similar worries so I'm not the only thinking what I said.

It doesn't matter who we appoint it's going to be a gamble.

I believe after relegation that now is the time to get everyone pulling in the right direction from the bottom up playing as a team.

Fwiw if we had of stayed up TB would still be our manager.... Simple as that.

We all have worries but FFS we need some fresh ideas at our club and that the new revolution has started and it's going to continue.

CapitalGreen
21-06-2014, 01:23 PM
The right time would have been if we stayed up as Butcher should have been sacked regardless. In fact, he should have walked away himself if the truth be told.

My opinion of a look in forum was you jumping on me for mentioning Petrie and suggesting I'm on here talking about him all the time. I've mentioned him once, today. And back to that original point about him being involved, 4 Hibby's I've spoke to today all have similar worries so I'm not the only thinking what I said.

You said it reeks of a Petrie appointment with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

If you think taking a number 2 from the 5th placed EPL team is the cheap option you are deluded. Very likely to be the 3rd or 4th highest paid club manager in Scotland.

Stubbs has a wealth of coaching experience, get it right on the training pitch and the match day should take care of itself.

Aldo
21-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Just f***ing mental mate, folk haven't even heard his plans for the club and they are writing him off. Sent fae ma moby in the conservatory :greengrin

If he's half as successful as Mowbray then as far as I'm concerned we are going in the right direction.

I'm glad we've gone down this route and looking forward to what he has to say and his plans for the team/club .

Sent frae ma iPad still supping beer in 35 degree heat. ;-)

DH1875
21-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Like the rest of us you do not have a clue what Stubbs or any of th eother guys will be like as a Hibs manager.

What you're really saying is that you don't trust Dempster to do her job.

Erm.....NO, what I'm saying is that out of the 4 names that were reporterd to be on the short list, Stubbs would be my fourth choice. I'm very sorry if it upsets people but I'm a Hibs fan using a Hibs forum to say I wouldn't be happy IF Stubbs became the next Hibs manager. What was I thinking :(

Franck Stanton
21-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Welcome to Hibernian Alan, you have a massive job on your hands, however, if you are good enough for LD then you are good enough for me. LD has a good track record with managerial appointments and so , for this fact alone, Stubbs should be backed 100% by all at the Club. I for one am quite excited by his appointment, now just want to see the calibre of players he signs in the coming month. Good Luck Stubbsy.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Really? Who did you want then?

Originally? McCall. But between him and Venus, I wanted Venus.

Cropley10
21-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Yes, but there's a difference between an even money gamble and a 10/1 shot. Stubbs is of the 10/1 variety.

Who is or was the even money gamble in your view?

Cropley10
21-06-2014, 01:44 PM

McCoist is a laughably bad manager and the puddle drinkers have got Jobbie Neilson. Who's coached at a higher level?

Cropley10
21-06-2014, 01:47 PM

8 Hibees I've spoke to are happy with this.

bingo70
21-06-2014, 01:48 PM
If true, hope he can bring a couple of everton's young players with him. He'll have a lot of connections down south, and will know the hidden talent from the reserve league. Hopefully not all loanees though.

There's no hidden talent in the reserve leagues down south. Every club has scouts or contacts that will make teams aware of anybody doing well in that league.

Having good contacts abroad is where you find hidden talent.

Aldo
21-06-2014, 01:54 PM
There's no hidden talent in the reserve leagues down south. Every club has scouts or contacts that will make teams aware of anybody doing well in that league. Having good contacts abroad is where you find hidden talent.

There is plenty of talent out there IMHO for me it's getting the right blend of talent that's important.

I want a team not a group of individuals. Guys that know their roles and what's expected of them.

We need a balanced hardworking team with quality attached (i don't ask for much do I).

Looking forward to getting the appointment announced and some new faces brought into the team.

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Some tweets saying David Unsworth coming as his assistant as well.

col02
21-06-2014, 02:01 PM

He was a very good defender from memory. Would be pleased with the management combination if that's the people chosen.

BigKev
21-06-2014, 02:06 PM

According to this (http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=361697) report it is :agree:

hibby67
21-06-2014, 02:07 PM
I'm quiet excited if it is him someone different than the same old Scottish managerial merry go round
Might make us leas predictable ...
My only concern would be comparing him with Mowbray as much I thought Mowbray was good he was also lucky to inherit a great squad of youngsters.... might take a bit longer to get the young boys coming through this time around

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Yea I agree its growing on me hopefully we get some confirmation soon one way or another...

GreenLake
21-06-2014, 02:14 PM
8 Hibees I've spoke to are happy with this.

The two dog walkers I spoke to out on the beach were more interested in who was going to be the next manager of the Lakers who also finished second bottom of their league, have not selected a new manager and have only a few players signed up on contracts for next year. I'm still looking forward to Hibs and the Lakers season ahead whoever their managers are.

brog
21-06-2014, 02:14 PM
He was a very good defender from memory. Would be pleased with the management combination if that's the people chosen.

Was also hard as nails & a true leader. Just what we need IMO. I think these guys will command immediate respect & I don't think they'll try to motivate players by continually telling them they're keek!

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Was also hard as nails & a true leader. Just what we need IMO. I think these guys will command immediate respect & I don't think they'll try to motivate players by continually telling them they're keek!

Unsworth was a decent defender in his day, but two ex blue and white ****** in charge of Hibs! **** that I'm off :greengrin

crash
21-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Welcome to Hibernian Alan, you have a massive job on your hands, however, if you are good enough for LD then you are good enough for me. LD has a good track record with managerial appointments.
What exactly is her record with managerial appointments?

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Really pleased it looks like we have a new manager in place, time to get behind him and wish him all the luck going, he has a massive rebuilding job.
Don't understand why people think he will be unveiled on Monday? What's wrong with today??:confused:
Off to get some beers in to celebrate:cheers:might just get some stubbies!!

Hi pal, has your next door neighbour taken that flag down yet? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2014, 02:41 PM
The hibs way

Hibs class. :faf:

southsider
21-06-2014, 02:43 PM
To Hell with all this negative bullsh*t. I am pleased and shall be going next week to renew my ST. Come on Al, go get 'em. GGTTH

Lago
21-06-2014, 02:44 PM
And your Mark Warburton is what price ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 02:46 PM
David Unsworth joining him :thumbsup:

Beefster
21-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Aye fair enough. But as I said earlier this is a forum where we share our views opinions and I've explained why I have my reservations. What I don't appreciate is the suggestion that those of us who are expressing those reservations are doing so just so we can say we told you so if things don't go well. Added to that a wee dig 'cos we've said we will still back him, even if he's not our preferred choice, would it be better if we said we wouldn't ?

You've had a moan and said that you're entitled to your opinion. I agree with that, even if I rarely agree with much else you post.

You then go and ruin it all by complaining about me posting my opinion. There is a shedload of positioning goes on on here. Either that or some folk are just miserable and pessimistic as ****.

I've no real opinion on Stubbs as I know the square root of **** all about him as a coach and manager. A position that I'd imagine the vast majority of posters on this site are in. I'll make a judgement purely on what he does at Hibs but in the meantime, I'll welcome him, hope for the best and support him and the club in any way I can. What I won't do is caveat the shi'ite out of my welcome so that I can post "told you so" if it doesn't go well.

Franck Stanton
21-06-2014, 02:53 PM
What exactly is her record with managerial appointments?

May well be wrong here, but didn't she appoint McCall at Fir Park ? Even if she didn't, she is recognised as having taken a lot of "the donkey work" off of him to allow him to concentrate on the footballing side of things, Even McCall acknowledges this in many interviews. Who would you rather deal with LD or Petrie? Stubbs will I am sure, enjoy a better relationship with our CEO than he ever could with the Tache and that , IMO can only be a good thing, and should result in an all-round improvement.

cam2644
21-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Whoever it is will have very little to work with by inheritance and probably little financial scope to use so he'll need our full support and patience. We are behind others in preparation so it's going to take time to get going.
Wishing him luck.

:flag:

Mr Grieves
21-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Good luck to Stubbs. I just hope there's less fannying about in signing players.

Cheshire Hibee
21-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I only know what I've read about him online.

So you like the rest of us no nothing about him, yet make judgements based on that!!!!!

I'm prepared to give the guy a chance because quite frankly I can't see anyone else out there that might be prepared to take a chance on us.

Its about time we as a support tried to be a bit more positive and attempt to motivate the team rather than look for things to criticise.
GGTTH :flag:

Of course I'll get behind him, we all will. Was just joining in on the discussion with some thoughts.:cb

Paisley Hibby
21-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Welcome to Hibernian Alan, you have a massive job on your hands, however, if you are good enough for LD then you are good enough for me. LD has a good track record with managerial appointments and so , for this fact alone, Stubbs should be backed 100% by all at the Club. I for one am quite excited by his appointment, now just want to see the calibre of players he signs in the coming month. Good Luck Stubbsy.

Not being smart or anything but on what basis are folk saying she has a good track record in appointing managers?

Sir David Gray
21-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Cautiously optimistic about this one.

I personally would have preferred a more experienced man in charge during this coming season. The club has hit rock bottom and we need to bounce back quickly. We can't afford to be knocking around in the Championship for years to come so from that angle, appointing someone who has no previous managerial experience at first team level is a huge gamble.

No matter who it is, I wish the new guy all the best and I hope he can manage to put a squad together and get them all to gel in five weeks.

Gatecrasher
21-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Once I found out stubbs was in for the Everton job and Motherwell job I tried to find out what the opinions were then but I couldn't find anything.

Greenworld
21-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Not being smart or anything but on what basis are folk saying she has a good track record in appointing managers?
think their league positions been good with the four she appointed ....think its 4 anyway. ..mcgee ...brown...mccall..I recall

Billy Whizz
21-06-2014, 03:47 PM
think their league positions been good with the four she appointed ....think its 4 anyway. ..mcgee ...brown...mccall..I recall

She didn't appoint McGhee, only Gannon, Brown and McCall

SunshineOnLeith
21-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Meh.

Ronniekirk
21-06-2014, 04:00 PM
She didn't appoint McGhee, only Gannon, Brown and McCall

Didn't realise she appointed Gannon Now there was a disaster but she clearly learnt from her mistake with him

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2014, 04:01 PM
You've had a moan and said that you're entitled to your opinion. I agree with that, even if I rarely agree with much else you post.

You then go and ruin it all by complaining about me posting my opinion. There is a shedload of positioning goes on on here. Either that or some folk are just miserable and pessimistic as ****.

I've no real opinion on Stubbs as I know the square root of **** all about him as a coach and manager. A position that I'd imagine the vast majority of posters on this site are in. I'll make a judgement purely on what he does at Hibs but in the meantime, I'll welcome him, hope for the best and support him and the club in any way I can. What I won't do is caveat the shi'ite out of my welcome so that I can post "told you so" if it doesn't go well.

:top marks

HoboHarry
21-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I am not seeing this appointment anywhere except here? What makes everyone on here so sure it is Alan Stubbs? Who else apart from the Express is claiming this?

scoopyboy
21-06-2014, 04:09 PM

For starters compare her record against Petrie's.

Once you have done that get back to me if you think she's found wanting.

jeffers
21-06-2014, 04:10 PM

And me with pretty much everything you post.

If we are going there I didn't complain about you posting your opinion, show me where I said that. I disagreed with what you said, big difference.

This thread is about the likely appointment of Stubbs as our new manager, so unsurprisingly there are posters expressing their thoughts on him. A number on here are happy with that, some are unhappy and some like me have reservations. Mine are not so much about Stubbs himself more about us appointing a rookie manager and expecting him, having never previously signed a player, to come in and put together basically a full team and have them ready to play their first competitive game in just over a month. A tough enough task for an experienced manager, never mind someone in their first ever managerial position.

I've given my opinion and explained my reasons, I'm caveating F all. If he gets the job I will support him as I do with all appointments and hope that he is a success. You choose to interpret that as positioning so that if things don't work out myself and others can come on here and say "we told you so", well I'm telling you now I have no intention of doing that. I don't really know what you expect folk who don't want him/have reservations to say, that they won't back him ?

21-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Don't know how I feel about this appointment, I can't judge if its a good appointment or not as I don't know anything about the guy and what his track record in football is etc but any new manager will always get my full backing. The new manager has a hell of a job on his hands as he's basically got to build a completely new team from scratch for next season. Next season is a hugely important one of us so it's so important that we got the right man here.

I love Ian Murray, I think he's a very promising young manager but I think he needs to keep learning his trade at Dumbarton for now. Theres a lot of pressure at hibs and right now it's a huge task to take on and i'm just not sure that he would be quite ready for that. Love to see him return to ER in the future though as a manger or coach. I just feel that hiring him as manager now would have been too much of a risk and being in the position we are we really can't afford to do that.

Only thing that concerns me with Stubbs is that he's never been a manger before but hopefully having worked alongside EPL managers and top players will mean he is able to take on the task in hand. All the best to him, hopefully he can turn this shambles around.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 04:23 PM
I am not seeing this appointment anywhere except here? What makes everyone on here so sure it is Alan Stubbs? Who else apart from the Express is claiming this?

It's him. Deal was done yesterday and will be announced Monday.

stubru59
21-06-2014, 04:32 PM

Why Monday if its a done deal?

Keith_M
21-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Unsworth was a decent defender in his day, but two ex blue and white ****** in charge of Hibs! **** that I'm off :greengrin

Toffees or not, you can't leave. We need you to translate the press conferences into English for us :greengrin

stokesmessiah
21-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Why Monday if its a done deal?

I wonder that as well, why not just announce him. Hibs must well know the fans are champing at the bit waiting to get a manager in place, why sit on good news until Monday and make an angry support a bit angrier?

GreenCastle
21-06-2014, 04:47 PM
If he brings in with him Unsworth then this is a really good appointment.

Having witnessed Unsworth coach and the way he conducts himself he would be an excellent fit.

What about the GK coach situation though?

HoboHarry
21-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Based on what evidence?

21-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I wonder that as well, why not just announce him. Hibs must well know the fans are champing at the bit waiting to get a manager in place, why sit on good news until Monday and make an angry support a bit angrier?

True. Maybe still some more formalities to go through (paperwork etc.) before it can be officially announced and made public. No idea though, just hope they get everything sorted quickly so he can crack on with the (huge) task in hand.

Bob Box Fish
21-06-2014, 04:53 PM
It's impossible to make a call on anyone until they are given time. Good luck stubbsy if it is you.

The_Horde
21-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Maybe it's so they can sort out accommodation and say their goodbyes to everyone before starting on with taking training on Monday?

Turkish Green
21-06-2014, 04:56 PM
According to Scott Burns in the Express Dempster made her recommendation (Stubbs) to the Board earlier in the week. Yet David Hardie in the EEN writes that Dempster has short listed the names down to 4 but had still to make her recommendation.

:confused: Which one is correct. Has she made her recommendation or hasn't she. I am on tenterhooks.

Peevemor
21-06-2014, 04:57 PM

If it's Stubbs, then he has a job to leave and his contract with Hibs to be drawn up and signed. These things can take time, especially over a weekend during the close season. It'd be daft to make an announcement before everything is signed and sealed.

Aldo
21-06-2014, 04:59 PM
If it's Stubbs, then he has a job to leave and his contract with Hibs to be drawn up and signed. These things can take time, especially over a weekend during the close season. It'd be daft to make an announcement before everything is signed and sealed.

Indeed it would Peeve.

WestCoastHibby
21-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Most of these comments are a sad indictment of the managerial merry go round of the last few years.
Terry Butcher : Had my support, unmitigated disaster, should have been sacked quicker.
Pat Fenlon : had never heard of him. Mid table at best unlikely to have sent us down. Lost all respect when he was proud of a 3-0 Scot Cup defeat. Useless but at least he fell on his sword.
Colin Calderwood: Had high hopes but proved hes only worthy of carrying the bibs
John Hughes : Talked a good game, never convincing.....that motif continues at ICT
John Collins : Should still be in charge Petries fault...

Our managerial luck HAS to change this time !!!!

Aldo
21-06-2014, 05:01 PM
This thread is quite interest tbh.

Quite a few contradictory posts from certain posters (they know who they are). Stirring up the negativity all day long!!

I for one think that it's a very good appointment and if Unsworth is coming with him the great.

Onwards and upwards.

Turkish Green
21-06-2014, 05:03 PM
If Stubbs, I agree. He still has a job at Everton, who must now find his replacement. But I still cannot see why Hibs could not make an announcement to the effect that Stubbs has been appointed as the new manager but would not take up his duties until _______. Maybe it is a curtesy thing and Stubbs wants to formally resign before an announcement by Hibs.

it will all come good in the end, won't it?

stubru59
21-06-2014, 05:07 PM
True. Maybe still some more formalities to go through (paperwork etc.) before it can be officially announced and made public. No idea though, just hope they get everything sorted quickly so he can crack on with the (huge) task in hand.

So the formal announcement awaits completion of the paperwork? Meanwhile, an informal announcement has been made to The Daily Express and a few others.

Peevemor
21-06-2014, 05:10 PM
If Stubbs, I agree. He still has a job at Everton, who must now find his replacement. But I still cannot see why Hibs could not make an announcement to the effect that Stubbs has been appointed as the new manager but would not take up his duties until _______. Maybe it is a curtesy thing and Stubbs wants to formally resign before an announcement by Hibs.

it will all come good in the end, won't it?

And if his contract with Hibs isn't actually signed?

eastmainsmsh
21-06-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm happy if its Stubbs .mccall was my personal choice I'm sure we will go right back up rangers or hearts are there for the taking preparation isn't ideal but I think we will be OK

Turkish Green
21-06-2014, 05:15 PM
And if his contract with Hibs isn't actually signed?

Then no official announcement until the small print is agreed. I suspect the issue here may be more to do with formalities with Everton than contract terms.

Who on behalf of Hibs would finalise contract terms, would it be finance?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Based on what evidence?

Whether you like it or not its him :aok:

Peevemor
21-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Then no official announcement until the small print is agreed. I suspect the issue here may be more to do with formalities with Everton than contract terms.

Who on behalf of Hibs would finalise contract terms, would it be finance?

I don't know. Hibs will have "their people" and there is also a board member who is an expert in this field.

HoboHarry
21-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Whether you like it or not its him :aok:

I'm fine with whoever is chosen but that doesn't mean I have to believe anything I see on this forum. Again, based on what evidence? Your say so?

erin go bragh
21-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Stubbs with Unsworth ! Delighted with them .
Let the signings commence .

Ggtth

FranckSuzy
21-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Given the 4 alleged candidates I imagine this debate would be the same no matter the choice.

Ian Murray: Doing a great job at Dumbarton, but Butcher was doing a great job at ICT too.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Played at the highest level, but IMO had a stinking attitude when the chips were down.

Ian McCall: Knocked doors out of windows at Motherwell and probably the best candidate.

Alan Stubbs: Never been a manager before, but he clearly doesn't lack ambition or drive and has played for and worked under some good managers.

Apart from Hasselbaink I wouldn't be down on any of these guys if appointed ... As things stand we ( the fans ) are pretty peed off when it comes to the ER managerial merry go round and I doubt anything less than the appointment of Jose Mourinho would get us either excited or in total agreement.

The big problem Hibs have is that we don't just have a team to turn around we have a whole club to turn around.

Stuart, maybe? :wink:

Onceinawhile
21-06-2014, 06:29 PM
I genuinely have no feelings either way on this one. It's not (for me) particularly inspiring, but neither is it scarf in the bin time.

time will tell i suppose.

JimBHibees
21-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Stubbs with Unsworth ! Delighted with them .
Let the signings commence .

Ggtth

Sounds like a very promising managerial team with guys who have played at a much higher level. Good luck to them both. GGTTH.

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2014, 07:01 PM
The more I read certain posters the more I believe Maurice Malpas was right.

Cropley10
21-06-2014, 07:05 PM
The more I read certain posters the more I believe Maurice Malpas was right.

You might be right, did Malpas say at some stage that there's a small minority of 'Hibs fans' who stated their support for him and TB but caveated it to the extent that if it didn't work out well, then they'd not be surprised or to blame?

Turkish Green
21-06-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't know. Hibs will have "their people" and there is also a board member who is an expert in this field.
Well let's hope negotiations between the parties re-commence Monday 9AM sharp and are concluded by lunch.

Lago
21-06-2014, 07:14 PM
The more I read posters the more I believe Maurice Malpas was right.

Your absolutely spot on. Hopefully Stubbs & co haven't taken time to read some of the posts on here.

21-06-2014, 07:16 PM
So the formal announcement awaits completion of the paperwork? Meanwhile, an informal announcement has been made to The Daily Express and a few others.

No idea at all, only speculating as to why it has not been officially announced by the club yet seen as by all accounts it seems to be definite that Stubbs is the new manager.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm fine with whoever is chosen but that doesn't mean I have to believe anything I see on this forum. Again, based on what evidence? Your say so?

Yes. Talksport - saying both will be announced Monday.

Stuarty27
21-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Stubbs & Unsworth are a great coup, bringing in guys who are premiership quality when he are first division club is even better,

Am sure these guys will do a great job and bring back professionalism back to Hibs

nribs
21-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Chuckling away here as one poster who likes to think they are in the know has confirmed about 3 managers so far. Choob.

mca
21-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Does Stubbs have to sit a Medical before getting the job.. :wink:

or is it confirmed player/manager ?? :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
21-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Stubbs & Unsworth are a great coup, bringing in guys who are premiership quality when he are first division club is even better,

Am sure these guys will do a great job and bring back professionalism back to Hibs

Total change in mind set is not a bad thing,if ld has got this right it will be some turn around.
Stubbs can obviously see the potential and who else is going to get over 18,000 home fans at a game outside the old squirm?

jeffers
21-06-2014, 07:36 PM
You might be right, did Malpas say at some stage that there's a small minority of 'Hibs fans' who stated their support for him and TB but caveated it to the extent that if it didn't work out well, then they'd not be surprised or to blame?

No he didn't. And if it didn't work out for them, why would it have been the fans fault ?

I don't get these comments having a go at posters who have their reservations about the appointment of Stubbs but are saying they will back him. What do you want them to say ? They don't want him/are unsure so they will abuse him at every game, not go while he is manager or what ? I've already stated what my reservations are based on, I'm not repeating that again. I'm not caveating my support of him in the slightest, he'll get my full support.

nribs
21-06-2014, 07:43 PM
No he didn't. And if it didn't work out for them, why would it have been the fans fault ?

I don't get these comments having a go at posters who have their reservations about the appointment of Stubbs but are saying they will back him. What do you want them to say ? They don't want him/are unsure so they will abuse him at every game, not go while he is manager or what ? I've already stated what my reservations are based on, I'm not repeating that again. I'm not caveating my support of him in the slightest, he'll get my full support.

Your not allowed to make sensible posts like that :)

judas
21-06-2014, 07:59 PM

If I had said that ......

patch1875
21-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Are we grooming the next Celtic manager?

Golden Bear
21-06-2014, 08:24 PM

And are Celtic grooming the next next Hibs Manager? That is the question.

skipster7
21-06-2014, 08:25 PM

Hope so, would mean hes successful at Hibs ??

H18Y GW
21-06-2014, 09:29 PM
It's a rubbish appointment frankly. Smacks of Petrie and penny pinching. He's totally unproven and a massive gamble.

Hibs is a managers grave yard. We're in the 2nd tier with no players and a poor, poor reputation. Hundreds of dross players have come and gone. We've won on average 4 home games a season in the past 3 years.

Folk thinking that Stuart McCall was an option are living in a parallel universe. We're lucky to have got Stubbs. We're skint - more money wasted on Butchers sacking.

This might not be rock bottom. But it's maybe the end of the beginning.

Dont go then,your negativity wont be missed

Golden Bear
21-06-2014, 09:32 PM
It's a rubbish appointment frankly. Smacks of Petrie and penny pinching. He's totally unproven and a massive gamble.

Hibs is a managers grave yard. We're in the 2nd tier with no players and a poor, poor reputation. Hundreds of dross players have come and gone. We've won on average 4 home games a season in the past 3 years.

Folk thinking that Stuart McCall was an option are living in a parallel universe. We're lucky to have got Stubbs. We're skint - more money wasted on Butchers sacking.

So what would be YOUR masterplan?

Lago
21-06-2014, 09:34 PM

Your becoming more and more hysterical with each post you make.

nribs
21-06-2014, 09:36 PM

This might not be rock bottom. But it's maybe the end of the beginning.so we couldn't afford McCall but we can go get Stubbs who would be on a decent salary at Everton, will there be a relocation package? Untried you say, we are rooked you say. Just which experienced manager should we go for remembering its 2nd tier Scottish football so he'd want to come to Easter Road

Peevemor
21-06-2014, 10:41 PM

You say that it's "a rubbish appointment" then go on to say that "we're lucky to have got Stubbs ".

If you're only going to come on here to moan, a bit of coherence would maybe help your arguments.

Aldo
22-06-2014, 06:16 AM
You say that it's "a rubbish appointment" then go on to say that "we're lucky to have got Stubbs ". If you're only going to come on here to moan, a bit of coherence would maybe help your arguments.

;-)

Gustavo Fring
22-06-2014, 06:19 AM
the million dollar question

how many months till stubbs is sacked

a) 6 months

b) 8 months

c) 10 months

d) the day after the AGM

answers on the back of a postcard

Earl of Currie
22-06-2014, 06:48 AM
If indeed we appoint Stubbs, we should be lucky that he is even interested.
Over recent years, the Hibs job has become less and less attractive.

The fact he is willing to leave the comfort of a safe role in an EPL club to try and prove himself with a second tier Scottish club only emphasises his desire to succeed.
If this means he is using us as a stepping stone, then so be it.
He will have to succeed at Hibs if he wants to move onto bigger things which in turn can only benefit ourselves.

Lewis77
22-06-2014, 06:49 AM
It looks like an announcement next week will confirm Stubbs.

Aldo
22-06-2014, 06:54 AM
the million dollar question how many months till stubbs is sacked a) 6 months b) 8 months c) 10 months d) the day after the AGM answers on the back of a postcard

You know where you can stick your negativity!!!

Why bother posting pure and utter crap like that.

Complete and utter bollox.

There has been enough negativity surrounding the club of late.

I really do wonder why folk bother...... Sorry silly me I know exactly why.

Springbank
22-06-2014, 08:29 AM
I'll wager 4 wins in August would quickly see a sea change and a feel good factor return to the club.

It's a fickle game but you tend to find clubs that are united behind a vision, a purpose and a common goal will do pretty well.

We need the new man (whoever it is) to get everyone looking forward, united.
Otherwise, well, otherwise isn't even worth contemplating. Let's get this league won

EdinMike
22-06-2014, 08:41 AM
I'll wager 4 wins in August would quickly see a sea change and a feel good factor return to the club.

It's a fickle game but you tend to find clubs that are united behind a vision, a purpose and a common goal will do pretty well.

We need the new man (whoever it is) to get everyone looking forward, united.
Otherwise, well, otherwise isn't even worth contemplating. Let's get this league won

Fish Supper Cup starts in July... We're in that this year.