Ehhhh....whit?!

TheFamous1875
21-06-2014, 01:14 AM
What does he know about refereeing?

Judging by that display, maire than 'keeping! :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Col2
21-06-2014, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't dismiss Ben returning given a. butcher has gone and b. marsella is no longer goal keeping coach.

DH1875
21-06-2014, 06:56 AM
I would dismiss Ben returning given a. butcher has gone and b. marsella is no longer goal keeping coach.

I would dismiss it as well ;)

ManBearPig
21-06-2014, 07:27 AM
the linesman or ref in yesterdays costa rica game was called ben williams

woodythehibee
21-06-2014, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't dismiss Ben returning given a. butcher has gone and b. marsella is no longer goal keeping coach.

Same. He has nothing lined up yet and if things had worked differently he would have probably stayed. He regards Scott Thomson as the best goalie coach he's worked with and marsella as jack of all trades, master of none.

Heisenberg
21-06-2014, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't want Ben back. He was dreadful last season, minus a couple of good games.

ManBearPig
21-06-2014, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't want Ben back. He was dreadful last season, minus a couple of good games.

far be it for me to cross walter white but other opinions are available. I think his form only dipped when butcher came in but even then he had good games. I dont think he was ever dreadful maybe poorer than normal.

#FromTheCapital
21-06-2014, 02:01 PM
I'd be more than happy for Ben to come back. Let's be honest we're not going to get a better keeper than him at the moment.

EdinMike
21-06-2014, 02:12 PM
I'd be more than happy for Ben to come back. Let's be honest we're not going to get a better keeper than him at the moment.

We don't have any keepers at the moment...

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-06-2014, 02:30 PM

Any keeper playing behind our back four last season was always going to be left as both the first and last line of defence. To be exposed so often, maybe made his mistakes, that wee bit more memorable?

iwasthere1972
21-06-2014, 02:45 PM
What does he know about refereeing?

Why what happened?

Sir David Gray
21-06-2014, 02:52 PM

If you thought Ben Williams was dreadful last season, I would love to know your thoughts on some of the masterclasses we were subjected to by the likes of Messrs Malkowski, Brown and Makalambay in years gone by.

Williams was nowhere near dreadful last season.

In my opinion, of course.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Having the worst back 4 in the league doesn't help...

Sir David Gray
21-06-2014, 03:42 PM

:agree: Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton would have looked dodgy from time to time if they had played with Ryan McGivern and Michael Nelson in front of them.

Heisenberg
21-06-2014, 03:50 PM

We didn't have the worst defence in the league. It may have looked that way but other teams were worse at the back. I knew my opinion wouldn't be popular but he was very poor last season IMO. Slow down to the ball, beaten at his near post time and time again, didn't come for the ball and his shot stopping got worse too. No arguing that he was brilliant in his first season though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2014, 03:59 PM
We didn't have the worst defence in the league. It may have looked that way but other teams were worse at the back. I knew my opinion wouldn't be popular but he was very poor last season IMO. Slow down to the ball, beaten at his near post time and time again, didn't come for the ball and his shot stopping got worse too. No arguing that he was brilliant in his first season though.

I'd lay some of the blame on not having a proper/fulltime GK coach too.

ManBearPig
03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
any news on whether or not he has new club or could we still get him back?

The_Exile
03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
I'd lay some of the blame on not having a proper/fulltime GK coach too.

Correct, we did have a proper/fulltime GK coach up until the turn of the year, which is when his form seemed to dip drastically :hmmm:

Jamesie
03-07-2014, 05:55 PM
any news on whether or not he has new club or could we still get him back?

It's a bit surprising he hasn't got something else fixed up yet to be honest.

Steve-O
04-07-2014, 01:57 AM
the linesman or ref in yesterdays costa rica game was called ben williams

Having experienced some of his woeful decisions in the A-League, my answer to the OP is "not a helluva lot". :agree:

H18Y GW
04-07-2014, 04:19 AM
It's a bit surprising he hasn't got something else fixed up yet to be honest.

Any team watching the Goals we lost from January wouldn't touch him with a Barge pole

Simply horrific and Zibi and Maka got dogs abuse for less

H18Y GW
04-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Any keeper playing behind our back four last season was always going to be left as both the first and last line of defence. To be exposed so often, maybe made his mistakes, that wee bit more memorable?

That's not what I seen , stuck to his line and beaten constantly into his corners with shots which were half hit , if he hadn't saved penalties his first season and won the fans over , he would be in the group labelled useless.

hibs4thecup1988
04-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Having experienced some of his woeful decisions in the A-League, my answer to the OP is "not a helluva lot". :agree:

this may go over a lot of peoples heads...but at the world cup i thought he was one of the best ive saw :greengrin:

Broken Gnome
04-07-2014, 06:12 AM
Any team watching the Goals we lost from January wouldn't touch him with a Barge pole

Simply horrific and Zibi and Maka got dogs abuse for less

Yikes.

Northernhibee
04-07-2014, 06:46 AM
The reason we got relegated were Butchers ability to demotivate and to play utterly predictable hoofball which meant we never scored. By all means the defence was far from the least of our problems.

bigwheel
04-07-2014, 07:02 AM
The reason we got relegated were Butchers ability to demotivate and to play utterly predictable hoofball which meant we never scored. By all means the defence was far from the least of our problems.

Agree totally with this . Ben was as good a keeper as we have had for years , and outside of foster as good as any in the league .

yekimevol
04-07-2014, 08:11 AM
:agree: Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton would have looked dodgy from time to time if they had played with Ryan McGivern and Michael Nelson in front of them.

:top marks:top marks:top marks