PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs or Venus?

Diclonius
20-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Looks like one of the two is going to get the job, so who would be your pick?

Hibeewilly
20-06-2014, 12:32 PM
I don't want either but if ot was a straight choice I'd go for Venus. Hopefully he would set his teams up the way Mowbray did and play the same style. Who knows though

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 12:35 PM
I want them both, but if Leeann phones me up and asks me to pick just one, I'll agree with her choice.

lucky
20-06-2014, 12:39 PM
None of them

LancsHibs
20-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Neither would be my 1st choice but will happily get behind either

sidjames
20-06-2014, 12:52 PM
I want them both, but if Leeann phones me up and asks me to pick just one, I'll agree with her choice.

I don't want either, but if Leeann phones me up and asks me to change my mind I will. Then as above.

AL-Qaholik
20-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Neither

Turkish Green
20-06-2014, 01:13 PM
It's a NEITHER from me, but that choice was not an option.

I am still hopeful that an appointment will come out of left field that will unite ALL supporters.

Franck Stanton
20-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Going by the replies so far, there are a few not wanting either. Can I ask why? Serious question lads/lassies. Any particular reason[s] ?

I voted for Venus, think he could do a decent job, would't be too gutted if it was/is Stubbs either

Unseen work
20-06-2014, 01:51 PM
I don't know why so many people seem against Stubbs so much.

I thought he sounded like what everyone wanted

HibeeMassive
20-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Whoever Leeann decides will get my full backing.

Too many managers have come and gone who I liked the sound of - time to just trust her judgement and get behind whoever it is 110% because without us all pulling in the same direction, this season ahead could be more painful than anything we've experienced in the past few years...

overdrive
20-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Venus. He's been my pick all along. The only thing I have my reservations about him is are his media skills. He came across as a complete dick and made some bizarre comments in a few interviews when filling in for Mowbray at Celtic.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Venus. He's been my pick all along. The only thing I have my reservations about him is are his media skills. He came across as a complete dick and made some bizarre comments in a few interviews when filling in for Mowbray at Celtic.

.....and the Gunts would have a field day with his name.

Waxy
20-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Stubbs

MyJo
20-06-2014, 08:41 PM
.....and the Gunts would have a field day with his name.

we hate Neilson, so does Venus, Craig Levein's a ****ing *****?

Aldo
20-06-2014, 09:10 PM
I would happily go with either however as we sort of know what to expect from Venus I'd be more inclined to go with Stubbs. Someone different and from left field ... Bit like the Mowbray appointment. Btw it wouldn't matter who we appointed some folk would never be happy. sent frae ma ain iPad in Tunisia. ;-)

Wighty76
20-06-2014, 09:11 PM
I voted for Venus over Stubbs as he knows the club and if he gets the gig it will will be familiar territory to him.

I will will be behind whoever we eventually get.

rcarter1
20-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Im getting the vibe that Leanne has the clue that clearly escaped Petrie and the rest. Madame Dempster's choice is my choice.

WestCoastHibby
20-06-2014, 09:40 PM
I know she has a very good record and is well respected around the game but there's an awful lot of sooky sooky nicey luvvy yum yum for
oor wee Leeann.
Let's just reserve the adulation until she delivers the manager who delivers the goods.......

Aldo
20-06-2014, 09:45 PM
I know she has a very good record and is well respected around the game but there's an awful lot of sooky sooky nicey luvvy yum yum for oor wee Leeann. Let's just reserve the adulation until she delivers the manager who delivers the goods.......

I think folk are trying to be positive a bit like LD has been since she took over her role.

So far as to say in my eyes it isn't being sooky etc it's being positive.

There is a 50/50 chance her appointment could fail so I would rather be positive rather than negative and wait and see what happens.

rcarter1
20-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I know she has a very good record and is well respected around the game but there's an awful lot of sooky sooky nicey luvvy yum yum for
oor wee Leeann.
Let's just reserve the adulation until she delivers the manager who delivers the goods.......

Given that it is difficult to judge Venus vs Stubbs Im happy to give trust first, and get behind Dempster's plans.

smurf
20-06-2014, 09:52 PM
I'd vote for Venus but it's pointless as Stubbs has got the job.

Heisenberg
20-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Stubbs.

IberianHibernian
20-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Am pleased no new manager has been appointed and hope we take at least another week to look . Would be looking further afield than Stubbs or Venus though think Stubbs could be a good appointment ( maybe get compensation when he leaves after successful season or two ) . If we`re not able to find a good coach overseas , is Danny Lennon still available ? If so , good offer with 1 - year contract with big bonus and chance to renew for promotion . This year priority is to get back up to top league but hope someone in club is looking further ahead and looking for management team to take us further when we get back ( which we will whether by league position or by league reconstruction in at most 2 years I reckon ) .

CRAZYHIBBY
20-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Venus knows what the fans want....stubbs doesn't fill me with confidence at all. ...just my opinion of course

silverhibee
20-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Stubbs to be paraded on Monday as our new manager.

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Venus.......I don't want an ex Blue and White ****** managing Hibs

calder45a
20-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Stubbs to be paraded on Monday as our new manager.

I'm not one for the Venus but If Stubbs toes the line he gets my vote.