PDA

View Full Version : So, nowt happening today, then

GloryGlory
20-06-2014, 07:42 AM
According to this morning's press, no announcements re manager today.

cam2644
20-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Petrie's bumbling and haggling have cost Hibs dear in the past by starting the season unprepared.I hope history isn't repeating itself

marinello59
20-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Petrie's bumbling and haggling have cost Hibs dear in the past by starting the season unprepared.I hope history isn't repeating itself

Leeann Dempster is in charge and getting the appointment right is more important than rushing things.

cam2644
20-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Leeann Dempster is in charge and getting the appointment right is more important than rushing things.

Considerable time has now lapsed and we are the least prepared team in the Championship. Leeann Demspter is "in charge" but still needs Petrie approval for her decisions. My worry is that lack of preparation has cost us dear in recent seasons.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Appointing the wrong manager has cost us dear in the past.

I hope history isn't repeating itself.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 08:31 AM

Is Petrie still involved?:hmmm::whistle:

marinello59
20-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Considerable time has now lapsed and we are the least prepared team in the Championship. Leeann Demspter is "in charge" but still needs Petrie approval for her decisions. My worry is that lack of preparation has cost us dear in recent seasons.

This is getting past stupid. Leeann Dempster has stated categorically it's her call. Posts like yours do nothing to damage Petrie and only serve to undermine LD. Give her a chance FFS.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2014, 08:50 AM

Nope. She needs Board approval for some of her decisions.

emerald green
20-06-2014, 08:56 AM
This is getting past stupid. Leeann Dempster has stated categorically it's her call. Posts like yours do nothing to damage Petrie and only serve to undermine LD. Give her a chance FFS.

:agree: Totally agree with this, and bye the way I attended the "Petrie Out" rally.

This appointment could make or break our club for a long time to come, so give LD a chance. The club, under her direction (not Petrie's) I believe is heading in the right direction. Patience is going to be needed IMHO. Better to take time to try to make the correct appointment, rather than some panic measure.

There's no miracle cure for the mess left behind by Butcher / Malpas, and certain players who disgraced the jersey, all under the stewardship of Petrie.

If people don't get off her back, I can see LD getting very p***** off and maybe even chucking it. I really hope not for the sake of this club's future.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:07 AM
:agree: Totally agree with this, and bye the way I attended the "Petrie Out" rally.

This appointment could make or break our club for a long time to come, so give LD a chance. The club, under her direction (not Petrie's) I believe is heading in the right direction. Patience is going to be needed IMHO. Better to take time to try to make the correct appointment, rather than some panic measure.

There's no miracle cure for the mess left behind by Butcher / Malpas, and certain players who disgraced the jersey, all under the stewardship of Petrie.

If people don't get off her back, I can see LD getting very p***** off and maybe even chucking it. I really hope not for the sake of this club's future.

Thatll look good on her CV. :coffee:

Hibs90
20-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Look at it this way.

Hearts have a manager in place and are making signings.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Look at it this way.

Hearts have a manager in place and are making signings.

Whats your point?

nribs
20-06-2014, 09:12 AM
How good is their manager? How good are their signings? Put it this way I'd still not want to be Hearts and imagine growing up a Jambo.

Hibs90
20-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Whats your point?

Even they are more prepared than us. Perperation is key in pre season and as things stand we have barely a squad and no manager and pre-season starts on Monday.

Paloschi
20-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Will get slaughtered for this perhaps but Hibs have to get there finger out here. I'm not blaming Leeann for this but we should have a manager by now.

Others will say it has moved quick since Butcher was sacked but my point is Butcher should have been sacked on Leeann's first couple of days. If this was by phone-call then so be it. Butcher chose to continue with his holiday plans. The Club should have came before the individual here.

If it's not announced today then we are pegging ourselves further and further back. Time is precious in football.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Even they are more prepared than us. Perperation is key in pre season and as things stand we have barely a squad and no manager and pre-season starts on Monday.

Perspiration, Shirley?

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:18 AM

What do you base that on? An untried manager has signed players on a very limited budget.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Will get slaughtered for this perhaps but Hibs have to get there finger out here. I'm not blaming Leeann for this but we should have a manager by now.

Others will say it has moved quick since Butcher was sacked but my point is Butcher should have been sacked on Leeann's first couple of days. If this was by phone-call then so be it. Butcher chose to continue with his holiday plans. The Club should have came before the individual here.

If it's not announced today then we are pegging ourselves further and further back. Time is precious in football.

I like your posts. They say what everyone has been thinking for weeks, but hasn't had the bottle to post on here, in case they get called a Jambo.

Sir, I salute your indefatigibility.

Geo_1875
20-06-2014, 09:24 AM

And they have no sponsor (and I don't believe they refused Wonga's money), they can't get normal business rates for credit or borrowings, they're holding fund-raising functions over the summer, and are celebrating a 100 year old death-trap. Would you rather be them?

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I like your posts. They say what everyone has been thinking for weeks, but hasn't had the bottle to post on here, in case they get called a Jambo.

http://sarcasm.link/en/s/d905de.jpg

Geo_1875
20-06-2014, 09:28 AM
According to this morning's press, no announcements re manager today.

Have Hibs held a press conference this morning to announce that there will be no announcement of a new manager today? Or was it yesterday that they held a press conference to say there would be no announcement of a new manager tomorrow?

Speedway
20-06-2014, 09:32 AM
I hope we won't let up in our relentless pursuit to ensure that any readers of .net are left in no uncertainly about the incompetence and cretinous nature of our leadership, managership and player staff, no matter who they are.

I hope we go into the season as unprepared as possible for no good reason with as few ST holders as possible to ensure that we experience consecutive relegations thereby always having plenty to criticise and gnash our teeth at like the AIDS ridden hobo-junkies that the cheats often portray us as being.

I hope that whatever goes right, we don't view it as such and I hope that we look for the negative in any and all situations in order for us to play our part in galvanising the club.

All being well, we can go bust but unlucky us won't have the councillors or Lithuania or whoever on our side to resurrect us and so the cheats will always prosper and dance on our grave by our 140th anniversary.

Hopefully.

jdships
20-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Is Petrie still involved?:hmmm::whistle:

Good question :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Paloschi
20-06-2014, 09:33 AM

I like your posts. So witty and funny. They are very constructive and offer good debate on all things Hibernian. It really is a pleasure.

You are a top Hibby.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:34 AM
I like your posts. So witty and funny. They are very constructive and offer good debate on all things Hibernian. It really is a pleasure.

You are a top Hibby.

Yeah....I see what you did there.

Hibs90
20-06-2014, 09:35 AM
What do you base that on? An untried manager has signed players on a very limited budget.

Will be Levein who signed those players.

And they have no sponsor (and I don't believe they refused Wonga's money), they can't get normal business rates for credit or borrowings, they're holding fund-raising functions over the summer, and are celebrating a 100 year old death-trap. Would you rather be them?

Of course not, but I just want to see us sign some players and get a team going, otherwise I fear we will be stuck behind them and The Rangers in our race for the title.

Speedway
20-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Of course not, but I just want to see us sign some players and get a team going, otherwise I fear we will be stuck behind them and The Rangers in our race for the title.

Why? last time we signed players and got a team going we got relegated.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:37 AM

Oh, right then, but you're missing the point. We are not in competition with Hearts for players signatures.

Hibs90
20-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Oh, right then, but you're missing the point. We are not in competition with Hearts for players signatures.

I never said we were. I was just using Hearts as an example that despite the complete shambles they are, even they are putting a squad together for next season.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I never said we were. I was just using Hearts as an example that despite the complete shambles they are, even they are putting a squad together for next season.

Yeah, so are Preston Athletic. Hibs really are pathetic.

Hibs90
20-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Yeah, so are Preston Athletic. What exactly was your point?

That we aren't.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-06-2014, 09:51 AM
In other news: "Lockie" is to join up at Killie as assistant manager.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:53 AM
That we aren't.

Ok, I'd just like to say, that it doesn't bother me that Hearts are signing players.

silverhibee
20-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Yeah, so are Preston Athletic. Hibs really are pathetic.

It will be a long season for us, getting players in early to do a full pre season is a must for them.

Geo_1875
20-06-2014, 11:02 AM
It will be a long season for us, getting players in early to do a full pre season is a must for them.

The season will be exactly the same length for every team in the Championship unless they reach the Scottish Cup Final.

Lago
20-06-2014, 11:56 AM
TE=Paloschi;4069594]I like your posts. So witty and funny. They are very constructive and offer good debate on all things Hibernian. It really is a pleasure.

You are a top Hibby.[/QUOTE]

It's a love in!

emerald green
20-06-2014, 06:38 PM
[/B]
Thatll look good on her CV. :coffee:

Perhaps, but ultimately it will be Hibs loss were she to go. I don't think LD would be "signing on" for very long.