PDA

View Full Version : Announcement today

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Anyone think there will be an announcement today regarding/unveiling our new manager?

Spoonjilloun
20-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
20-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Anyone think there will be an announcement today regarding/unveiling our new manager?

Bloody hope so.
Question being what will the announcement be???

Manager and double sponsorship.

sent from my phone in sunny Tunisia. ;-)

Gatecrasher
20-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Doesn't pre season training start on Monday? I would hope we have a manager there.

IanM
20-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Fingers crossed.. Off for the long weekend so it'd be the perfect start, whoever it is!

Wknd of signings, or at least one

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 07:13 AM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285925-New-Manager-No-Announcement-Today

Oh dear, never mind.

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-06-2014, 07:17 AM

Oh dear, never mind.

Nothing official or concrete in that report. Just opinion.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Doesn't pre season training start on Monday? I would hope we have a manager there.

Yep, pre season starts on Monday mate. Question is, if we don't have a manager in place, who will be taking the training? James McDonaugh maybe?

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Yep, pre season starts on Monday mate. Question is, if we don't have a manager in place, who will be taking the training? James McDonaugh maybe?

Yup, James to take training if no manager in place on Monday.

Johibs
20-06-2014, 07:22 AM

Oh dear, never mind.

Really hope this isnt the case.. time is no longer of the essence!

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Nothing official or concrete in that report. Just opinion.

As opposed to the speculation on here?

timewilltell
20-06-2014, 07:25 AM

Not according to The Herald

Hibs likely to train managerless

Friday 20 June 2014

Hibernian players look set to return to pre-season training on Monday without a new manager at the helm.

Club officials indicated yesterday that there are no plans for an official unveiling today in the wake of reports the Easter Road board had narrowed their list of applicants down to four.

Everton have already given Alan Stubbs, their reserve team coach, permission to speak to Hibs. The former Celtic and Hibs No.2 Mark Venus is also believed to be on the shortlist to succeed Terry Butcher, who lost his job last week after presiding over the Edinburgh club's relegation to the Championship.

AlbertK86
20-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Getting a bit tedious

Maybe you know who haggling over contract

There should have at the very least been a manager in place to kick off pre season

Not good preparation for a season that is going to be one of the most important in our history

Steve20
20-06-2014, 07:43 AM
We're an absolute joke. Nearly four weeks since we went down and we have nothing in place for next season.

Not a hope in coming back up. Thanks Hibs.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Getting a bit tedious

Maybe you know who haggling over contract

There should have at the very least been a manager in place to kick off pre season

Not good preparation for a season that is going to be one of the most important in our history

:faf:

Hes out in Iraq, buying weapons for Isis.

HappyAsHellas
20-06-2014, 07:46 AM
We're an absolute joke. Nearly four weeks since we went down and we have nothing in place for next season.

A journalist uses the word "indicated", which may well mean they told him nothing, and people start throwing in the towel. Really?

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 07:48 AM

http://www.exboyfriendrecovery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/drama-queen.jpg

Turkish Green
20-06-2014, 08:00 AM
According to The Herald

Everton have already given Alan Stubbs, their reserve team coach, permission to speak to Hibs. The former Celtic and Hibs No.2 Mark Venus is also believed to be on the shortlist to succeed Terry Butcher, who lost his job last week after presiding over the Edinburgh club's relegation to the Championship.

All these journos just sit at their computer and feed of each other. Stubbs and Venus are the only ones mentioned because they were mentioned on .net. I am surprised that the Herald did not add Ian Murray's name like the speculative piece that BBC did.

Actually "left field" is just outside of the centre (it's centre not center: why do we have an american spell checker?) circle. But if it is nether Stubbs nor Venus, then the manager appointment will come from "left field".

Did LD ever do an interview at Motherwell? Did she interview Ian McCall?

PETRIE OOT

HibeeMassive
20-06-2014, 08:07 AM
http://www.exboyfriendrecovery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/drama-queen.jpg

:faf:

Ronniekirk
20-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Bloody hope so.

The announcement is there is no announcement ,but once they have something to announce they will announce it Enjoy Tunisia Aldo and watch out for a Camel called Cedric ,likely to throw you so mind that shoulder of yours

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 08:12 AM
All these journos just sit at their computer and feed of each other. Stubbs and Venus are the only ones mentioned because they were mentioned on .net. I am surprised that the Herald did not add Ian Murray's name like the speculative piece that BBC did.

Actually "left field" is just outside of the centre (it's centre not center: why do we have an american spell checker?) circle. But if it is nether Stubbs nor Venus, then the manager appointment will come from "left field".

Did LD ever do an interview at Motherwell? Did she interview Ian McCall?

PETRIE OOT

Do you actually know any of this for certain?

AlbertK86
20-06-2014, 08:18 AM
All these journos just sit at their computer and feed of each other. Stubbs and Venus are the only ones mentioned because they were mentioned on .net. I am surprised that the Herald did not add Ian Murray's name like the speculative piece that BBC did. Actually "left field" is just outside of the centre (it's centre not center: why do we have an american spell checker?) circle. But if it is nether Stubbs nor Venus, then the manager appointment will come from "left field". Did LD ever do an interview at Motherwell? Did she interview Ian McCall? PETRIE OOT

Ian or Stuart ?!?!?! 😉

H18sry
20-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Television crew spotted at E.R?!?!?!?! Annoucement(s) imminent??????
Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite More
Hibernian Retro ‏@HibernianRetro 7m
@MixuDave 10am we have been told.
Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite More
Mixu ‏@MixuDave 6m
@HibernianRetro managerial? Sponsors? Players? All of the above? #GGTTH
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Hibernian Retro ‏@HibernianRetro 3m
@MixuDave Appointment of the new manger.

SlickShoes
20-06-2014, 08:20 AM
My source has told me there will be an anouncement later today or on Monday morning, things could drag over the weekend because of a reason, and that would cause things to change.

AlbertK86
20-06-2014, 08:25 AM
My source has told me there will be an anouncement later today or on Monday morning, things could drag over the weekend because of a reason, and that would cause things to change.

Any hint on what the reason is ?

Turkish Green
20-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Ian or Stuart ?!?!?! 
Probably Ian. Me idiot.

AlbertK86
20-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Television crew spotted at E.R?!?!?!?! Annoucement(s) imminent?????? Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite More Hibernian Retro ‏@HibernianRetro 7m @MixuDave 10am we have been told. Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite More Mixu ‏@MixuDave 6m @HibernianRetro managerial? Sponsors? Players? All of the above? #GGTTH Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More Hibernian Retro ‏@HibernianRetro 3m @MixuDave Appointment of the new manger.

Hopefully true but think if TV were there the usual journos on twitter would have been told there was a press conference and tweeted same

Likes of Kenny Millar, Jamie Borthwick would have been posting it

Heisenberg
20-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Hopefully true but think if TV were there the usual journos on twitter would have been told there was a press conference and tweeted same

Likes of Kenny Millar, Jamie Borthwick would have been posting it

:agree:

marti1875
20-06-2014, 08:29 AM

So yesterday you said it was going to be by late in the day or by lunchtime today.......now today you are saying later today or on Monday....and the best bit is hilarious as it's because of "a reason" :faf:

So i suppose if you keep saying it, by the law of averages you must be correct at some stage, :greengrin

NOLA
20-06-2014, 08:35 AM
How longs it take to choose 1 from 4, getting a bit ****in tiresome likes

GloryGlory
20-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Any hint on what the reason is ?

Potential appointee has asked for a couple of days to think things over and/or discuss with family?

SlickShoes
20-06-2014, 08:39 AM
So yesterday you said it was going to be by late in the day or by lunchtime today.......now today you are saying later today or on Monday....and the best bit is hilarious as it's because of "a reason" :faf:

So i suppose if you keep saying it, by the law of averages you must be correct at some stage, :greengrin

Exactly the plan, keep guessing until you are correct, the wait is boring so vaguely predicting it is more fun.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Potential appointee has asked for a couple of days to think things over and/or discuss with family?

Petrie has demanded their first born male child, and the candidate isn't sure if the offer of getting their kit washed at a discount, is enough to compensate?

Crazyhorse
20-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Bloody hope so.

Where are you in Tunisia Aldo?

Jones28
20-06-2014, 09:00 AM

They're having a bit of trouble folding up the origami paper thing they're gonna use to make the choice. The big truck mentioned in the tv truck thread is actually full of P7 girls that are going to come and have a go

Love the Green
20-06-2014, 09:00 AM

If thats the case and he needs to think it over he is not the right man for the job, we need someone who is desperate to mange our club.

keep the faith

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 09:01 AM
If thats the case and he needs to think it over he is not the right man for the job, we need someone who is desperate to mange our club.

keep the faith

I'm desperate to manage Hibs.

TheFamous1875
20-06-2014, 09:02 AM

keep the faith

He could be desperate for the job, but has to ensure that things are correct for his family, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nribs
20-06-2014, 09:02 AM

keep the faith

Absolutely LD said the new manager should be desperate to manage Hibs.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:04 AM
He could be desperate for the job, but has to ensure that things are correct for his family, etc.

So, he didn't mention to them he was applying for a job in Edinburgh?

Ronniekirk
20-06-2014, 09:06 AM

Yep everything happens for a Reason :greengrin

silverhibee
20-06-2014, 09:09 AM

Patience.

Sent fae ma back garden

sadtom
20-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Little bit concerned if it is the case that the person chosen needs time to think about it.
Doesn't indicate that the person is 'desperate' for the job.
It also makes me wonder if this person applied for the job or was, instead, approached by Hibs.
Alternatively, perhaps they have seen/heard something after being interviewed that they are not too happy about.
Time will tell I suppose.

TheFamous1875
20-06-2014, 09:20 AM
So, he didn't mention to them he was applying for a job in Edinburgh?

Football changes at the drop of a hat, and that can be difficult of or families re: kids, schools. There's going for a job that's only been available for two weeks, and then there's actually restarting lives again.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Football changes at the drop of a hat, and that can be difficult of or families re: kids, schools. There's going for a job that's only been available for two weeks, and then there's actually restarting lives again.

So, today is the first time he discussed a move to Edinburgh? The man must be a fud.

TheFamous1875
20-06-2014, 09:24 AM
So, today is the first time he discussed a move to Edinburgh? The man must be a fud.

No! Haha. It could be any kind of mitigating circumstances! I'm just saying, we don't know what peoples business is away from football.

GloryGlory
20-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Little bit concerned if it is the case that the person chosen needs time to think about it.
Doesn't indicate that the person is 'desperate' for the job.
It also makes me wonder if this person applied for the job or was, instead, approached by Hibs.
Alternatively, perhaps they have seen/heard something after being interviewed that they are not too happy about.
Time will tell I suppose.

To make it clear, my post was pure speculation in reply to the earlier post. I am not, and never have been, one of those lucky people ITK. :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:26 AM
No! Haha. It could be any kind of mitigating circumstances! I'm just saying, we don't know what peoples business is away from football.

We know **** all, but it doesn't stop us having all sorts of hypothetical discussions. :greengrin

Brightside
20-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Hahaha you're all mental!

Blaster
20-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Hopefully agreeing compensation with motherwell

TheFamous1875
20-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Hahaha you're all mental!

This, and I'm starting to include myself!!

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-06-2014, 09:54 AM
As opposed to the speculation on here?

They'll always be speculation and drama on here :wink:

The report itself says 'likely' plus states club officials but has no official quotes or statements. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 09:57 AM
They'll always be speculation and drama on here :wink:

The report itself says 'likely' plus states club officials but has no official quotes or statements. :agree:

FACT? :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-06-2014, 09:58 AM
FACT? :greengrin

ENDOF :cb

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 10:03 AM
We are so ****ing slow at doing anything. Butcher sacked 2 weeks after season ends, pre-season starts Monday and we have no manager or coaching team in place never mind a depleted and **** squad. Meanwhile over the road the yams have broke through 5000 season ticket sales in the first week and have signed 3 players. Utter shambles.
These delays have a lasting effect on a club or do the board not realise this??? Is there any reason for anyone to actually go and purchase a season ticket at the moment?

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 10:06 AM
We are so ****ing slow at doing anything. Butcher sacked 2 weeks after season ends, pre-season starts Monday and we have no manager or coaching team in place never mind a depleted and **** squad. Meanwhile over the road the yams have broke through 5000 season ticket sales in the first week and have signed 3 players. Utter shambles.
These delays have a lasting effect on a club or do the board not realise this??? Is there any reason for anyone to actually go and purchase a season ticket at the moment?

I've just thought of one more reason not to buy one.

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 10:07 AM

what you talkin about mate , all is barry

were gonnae win the championship at a canter next season , nae rush for a new manager or players . we leave all that till the eve of the new season

just chill , rod is back in control

Chris.igoe
20-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Just at Easter road working http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/uma8ase4.jpg
Noticed this van

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Just at Easter road working http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/uma8ase4.jpg
Noticed this van

It gets worse.

Rod hasn't paid the TV licence.

:rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 10:18 AM
I've just thought of one more reason not to buy one.

Which is?

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Which is?

Best kept to myself.

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Best kept to myself.

i think you should spell it out

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Best kept to myself.

Trying to be a comedian again FR.

ALF TUPPER
20-06-2014, 10:49 AM
No white smoke yet ??

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 10:51 AM
i think you should spell it out

I don't care what you think.

Trying to be a comedian again FR.

No, I was serious.

Bostonhibby
20-06-2014, 10:57 AM

Normally I'd agree but the yam got the Fud this time round when they tempted back that Scottish managerial legend by gazumping every other offer he had on the table.

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 11:06 AM

No, I was serious.

Wow. Just wow.

Mcpakeisgod
20-06-2014, 11:27 AM
If there is an announcement it isnt ian murray . Currently doing his shopping at morrisons gilmerton!

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 11:27 AM

No, I was serious.

tuck your bottom lip in son , you might catch it on a trip wire

nribs
20-06-2014, 11:28 AM
:greengrin:faf:
If there is an announcement it isnt ian murray . Currently doing his shopping at morrisons gilmerton!

Lago
20-06-2014, 11:30 AM
No according to the Herald.

Keith_M
20-06-2014, 11:31 AM

Have they thought of trying "Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo"?

PatHead
20-06-2014, 11:31 AM

Might be buying the tea bags and biscuits for the press conference due to the cutbacks.

Pray4Marc
20-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Allan Stubbs as new manager seems to be doing the rounds on twitter ATM

nribs
20-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Allan Stubbs as new manager seems to be doing the rounds on twitter ATM

Wrong thread this should be on the Mark Venus thread :cb

Lucius Apuleius
20-06-2014, 11:36 AM

Two weeks is not a long time to find, interview and appoint a person to a senior management position. Would you rather it was rushed and we just threw any old CM2004 expert?

what you talkin about mate , all is barry

were gonnae win the championship at a canter next season , nae rush for a new manager or players . we leave all that till the eve of the new season

just chill , rod is back in control

Your sarcasm sucks.

MrRobot
20-06-2014, 11:38 AM

Surely not this. You would surely do that before you applied, were offered the interview and actually went to the interview.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 11:39 AM
tuck your bottom lip in son , you might catch it on a trip wire

Yes.

tamig
20-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Two weeks is not a long time to find, interview and appoint a person to a senior management position. Would you rather it was rushed and we just threw any old CM2004 expert?

Agree. Some folk need to take a reality check on here at times.

HibeeMassive
Surely not this. You would surely do that before you applied, were offered the interview and actually went to the interview.

It was sheer speculation on the OP's part

Phil D. Rolls

Your sarcasm sucks.

Knee jerk reactions seem to be the order of the day in some quarters.

Mark79
20-06-2014, 11:41 AM
:greengrin:faf:

Still could be possible. Do you not recall jeffries was out shopping when he got the nod for the yams job.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 11:42 AM

Still could be possible. Do you not recall jeffries was out shopping when he got the nod for the yams job.

****,I've just seen Jimmy Calderwood in the Easter Road Scotmid.

nribs
20-06-2014, 11:43 AM
"@BBCBMcLauchlin: We have been told no imminent appointment expected at Easter Road. Who do Hibs fans want to replace Terry Butcher? #bbcsportscot"

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-06-2014, 11:45 AM
@BBCBMcLauchlin: We have been told no imminent appointment expected at Easter Road. Who do Hibs fans want to replace Terry Butcher? #bbcsportscot

stantonhibby
20-06-2014, 11:45 AM
"@BBCBMcLauchlin: We have been told no imminent appointment expected at Easter Road. Who do Hibs fans want to replace Terry Butcher? #bbcsportscot"

Maybe none of the alleged 4 interviewed well !

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 11:46 AM

Your sarcasm sucks.

It's actually 4 weeks since butcher took us down. That is an eternity to get a new man in place don't you think?

We shall wait and see however I look at our rivals for promotion and they seem streets ahead at the moment when it comes to assembling a squad and as for the feel good factor..

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Your sarcasm sucks.

if you throw in the 2 weeks wasted hanging onto butcher after relegation , then 4 weeks is plenty enough time to decide your sacking your current manager , identify a new 1 and appoint him

especially given the gravity of the situation we are in

but as i said its all fine , its been the hibs way the last few years to leave all summer activity to the last day of the transfer window . its worked a treat for us so far

nribs
20-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Maybe none of the alleged 4 interviewed well !

Perhaps? I am a little surprised as we went through the applicants and narrowed them down done the interviews etc, and LD was confident there would be a man in place by the end of the week. I'm still confindent she will get the right guy in for the Job and in someways I'm happy it hasn't been a rushed appointment but at the same time frustrated like a lolt of other Hibees.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 11:52 AM
It's actually 4 weeks since butcher took us down. That is an eternity to get a new man in place don't you think?

We shall wait and see however I look at our rivals for promotion and they seem streets ahead at the moment when it comes to assembling a squad and as for the feel good factor..

Well, you have to wonder why there's no feel good factor at Hibs.

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-06-2014, 11:58 AM

It's because Petrie won't have to pay them throughout the summer.

It's classic penny punching. He likes to offer the standard two year contract as well that is only 22 months long.

People wonder why all our signings are last minute, it's not rocket science!

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Well, you have to wonder why there's no feel good factor at Hibs.

Well who do you think drives the feel good factor? It's not the fans as we are limited as to what we can do so it has to be the club and that is where the problem lies don't you think or should I expect another smart erse reply?

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Well who do you think drives the feel good factor? It's not the fans as we are limited as to what we can do so it has to be the club and that is where the problem lies don't you think or should I expect another smart erse reply?

:top marks

stantonhibby
20-06-2014, 12:07 PM

I think he means that given the fact we have just been relegated there is little likelihood of there being a feel good factor around the place ?

TowerHibs
20-06-2014, 12:08 PM

I disagree. Supporting hibs has became a drag for a lot of supporters. The club could be (not saying they are) be working their tails off and elements of our support would be sceptical and looking for problems.

Unfortunate thing is, too many fans have accept mediocrity and apathy has set in. As much as I disagree with them, Hearts fans see themselves as THE big club therefore the feel good factor is easier to achieve. Years of gash makes it harder for hibs to achieve the same outcome as the fans are just waiting for it to go tattie bojangles up

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 12:12 PM
I think he means that given the fact we have just been relegated there is little likelihood of there being a feel good factor around the place ?

I don't think he means that at all, he's nothing more than a wind up merchant.

We were relegated 4 weeks ago. Our manager was not deemed to be good enough 4 weeks ago yet a 2 week delay in sacking him. I think there has been plenty time to bring back the feel good factor. Let's look at the yams. Couldn't do hee haw till they were out of administration. 10 days later they have signed 3 players and shifted 5000 season tickets. They were relegated and arguably working within tighter constraints than ourselves so it can be done, why we ****ing delay on so many levels is beyond me.

Even the new strip isn't going to be out until July FFs.

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 12:22 PM
I disagree. Supporting hibs has became a drag for a lot of supporters. The club could be (not saying they are) be working their tails off and elements of our support would be sceptical and looking for problems.

Unfortunate thing is, too many fans have accept mediocrity and apathy has set in. As much as I disagree with them, Hearts fans see themselves as THE big club therefore the feel good factor is easier to achieve. Years of gash makes it harder for hibs to achieve the same outcome as the fans are just waiting for it to go tattie bojangles up

Well I think hearts are giving their fans reason to believe the feel good factor is returning and have stole a march on us. Normally I wouldn't give a hoot however as they are our rivals for promotion it's far more important this season.

They have shifted more season tickets in 1 week that we have done in 3 months. We have been relegated 4 weeks yet not a peep about either reductions for those who have already bought or reduced prices for those yet to purchase. Infact a statement from the club wouldn't go amiss as to how they intend to deal with it as it's a big talking point.
Why the delay in a new strip? It's the school holiday next week, every wee yam will be sporting the new top whereas my son will be wearing last seasons! Why is that?! How much money are Hibs losing out on because of this delay? They majority of clubs have already released their new strip, why are we as good as last?! Things like this are incredibly frustrating and just not good enough.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 12:26 PM
he's nothing more than a wind up merchant.

Awesome. :faf:

The_Horde
20-06-2014, 12:28 PM
I reckon hibs are deliberately taking their time over things so we forget about the Petrie Out stuff.

Then they'll announce it all in one week.

nribs
20-06-2014, 12:31 PM
;4069908']I reckon hibs are deliberately taking their time over things so we forget about the Petrie Out stuff.

Then they'll announce it all in one week.
Deliberately taking there time announcing a manger? Having no new manager to take training and no new manager identifying new players ? All this so we forget about the Petrie Out campaign? I dont share your thoughts.

Geo_1875
20-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Well I think hearts are giving their fans reason to believe the feel good factor is returning and have stole a march on us. Normally I wouldn't give a hoot however as they are our rivals for promotion it's far more important this season.

They have shifted more season tickets in 1 week that we have done in 3 months. We have been relegated 4 weeks yet not a peep about either reductions for those who have already bought or reduced prices for those yet to purchase. Infact a statement from the club wouldn't go amiss as to how they intend to deal with it as it's a big talking point.
Why the delay in a new strip? It's the school holiday next week, every wee yam will be sporting the new top whereas my son will be wearing last seasons! Why is that?! How much money are Hibs losing out on because of this delay? They majority of clubs have already released their new strip, why are we as good as last?! Things like this are incredibly frustrating and just not good enough.

It's been easy for hertz to bring out new strips. One was in the pipeline for a long time (100 years if memory serves) and they didn't have to worry about a sponsor other than FoH wasting money on the away strip which would be better spent repaying Mrs Budge. They are also selling season tickets hand over fist but are in no better position than Hibs as they're getting cash for half of them and the rest paid monthly by the CCC's. And I'd assume that if Hibs haven't made an announcement about a reduction in season ticket prices there probably won't be one. Just like last time we were relegated.

The_Horde
20-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Deliberately taking there time announcing a manger? Having no new manager to take training and no new manager identifying new players ? All this so we forget about the Petrie Out campaign? I dont share your thoughts.

No not the managerial appointment but things like the strip, season tickets etc

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 12:37 PM
It's been easy for hertz to bring out new strips. One was in the pipeline for a long time (100 years if memory serves) and they didn't have to worry about a sponsor other than FoH wasting money on the away strip which would be better spent repaying Mrs Budge. They are also selling season tickets hand over fist but are in no better position than Hibs as they're getting cash for half of them and the rest paid monthly by the CCC's. And I'd assume that if Hibs haven't made an announcement about a reduction in season ticket prices there probably won't be one. Just like last time we were relegated.

when did hearts dispose of their manager and half their 1st team squad ?

must have missed that 1 , last i saw they had a manager in place and were busying themselves signing new players - decent ones at that

nribs
20-06-2014, 12:39 PM

must have missed that 1 , last i saw they had a manager in place and were busying themselves signing new players - decent ones at that
Which ones are decent?

TowerHibs
20-06-2014, 12:40 PM

I understand what your saying. My point is though, club could release a statement and this board would have responses of "i'm sick of this talk" or "nothing without actions" etc. That is because as a support, we have had 10 years or so of shocking PR and shocking relations with the main stakeholders - the fans.

I don't see the strip release as too big an issue but again, i dont buy strips and dont have kids so i am coming from a different angle from you.

I'm am not an Uber fan and if anything have became totally diconnected to the club but strangely cannot keep away from this board and what is going on. I feel this is more the reason that Petrie, Farmer and the board has to go!!! We should have everything in place (strips, sponser wise), we should not be starting from scratch and weeks behind everyone else again. This is not LD fault, i bet she shat a brick when came in and seen how stuck n the past we are. The club was willing to plod along and now that is not good enough. Unfortuately, the baggage was in place with Rod being there and the feel good factor will always be taken with a pinch of salt as long as he's there

Phil D. Rolls

I think because its a new start, we should try to lose the negativity. I get what you're saying about it taking too long. For me the problem for us is that we are carrying baggage. I think that Petrie staying feeds into it, but its frustrating as I see that as a distraction, that's got the support at odds with each other.

When you're in a hole, you stop digging.

Speedway
Do you remember that pre-season when Robbo had no players over at the Merricks?

How did he do that season?

Gustavo Fring
20-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Which ones are decent?

keatings from hamilton is decent

morgaro gomis was decent , probably still is

both are certainly a damn sight better than anything we have at the moment

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 12:44 PM

https://evbdn.eventbrite.com/s3-s3/eventlogos/87216/resilience.gif

Leith_Hibee
20-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Give them a break, Hibs fans sound like a bunch of spoilt bairns (aye, falkirk fans).

We have just appointed a CEO to overhaul the club from top to bottom. I agree with the stalling on sacking butcher, shows it was an informed thought through decision rather than a knee jerk reaction. Imagine they had done it right away and Petrie was allowed to make another poor appointment.

As for the manager front, we need to ensure we get the right guy, a few more days to ensure this happens is fine with me.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 12:45 PM

Given that we haven't signed anybody, I agree. I think we'll have no problem finding players just as good though.

Speedway
20-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Just to show how none of us have a clue on this, couple of sources on twitter now saying there IS an announcement today and that it's McCall.

WestStandMoaner
20-06-2014, 12:53 PM
given that we haven't signed anybody, i agree. I think we'll have no problem finding players just as good though.

you hope

WestCoastHibby
20-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Ach these things take time..... Like many mentioned here, I never got the job I wanted this week either.....

silverhibee
20-06-2014, 12:59 PM
;4069914']No not the managerial appointment but things like the strip, season tickets etc

There will be new players to parade our new strip.

All in hand.

Jones28
20-06-2014, 01:02 PM
If a potential appointment needs 3 days to think about it then we shouldn't be offering them the job.

silverhibee
20-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Just to show how none of us have a clue on this, couple of sources on twitter now saying there IS an announcement today and that it's McCall.

I just had a call to say Stubbs had got the job.

I still have no clue though.

Geo_1875
20-06-2014, 01:03 PM

Stop being a dick for 2 minutes and you'll see the sentence you quote only refers to their 5,000 STs in a week claim.

And to answer your question they did that 3 weeks before we did.

Hibbyradge
20-06-2014, 01:04 PM
If a potential appointment needs 3 days to think about it then we shouldn't be offering them the job.

That doesn't make any sense.

If we offered Mourhino the job and he wanted 3 days to decide, would you really tell him to bolt?

Turkish Green
20-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Only when you are confident you have reached the bottom. And of course a rope to get yourself out with.

Petrie being still in the boardroom is a major distraction, regardless of whether his chairmanship is now a non-executive position, his physical presence is an annoyance to many.

Hopefully, once the Board approved LD's recommendation regarding a manager and new players start joining, supporters' will divert their concentrate onto the team. There is still a long way to go until the start of the season and the club will catch up quick enough.

Brightside
20-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I was told midweek that Stubbs has been offered the gig, and that came from staff. Not sure why its not been announced yet.

KeithTheHibby
20-06-2014, 01:40 PM
I think because its a new start, we should try to lose the negativity. I get what you're saying about it taking too long. For me the problem for us is that we are carrying baggage. I think that Petrie staying feeds into it, but its frustrating as I see that as a distraction, that's got the support at odds with each other.

Fair comment. Sometimes the frustration gets the better of you and hibs.net is always a good place to let it all out.

Mark79
20-06-2014, 01:47 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

If we offered Mourhino the job and he wanted 3 days to decide, would you really tell him to bolt?

Mourinho has the job? I have just had a text saying same thing and its announced at 3pm. Happy days.

BarneyK
20-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Mourinho has the job? I have just had a text saying same thing and its announced at 3pm. Happy days.

No Boab Mourinho fae Bonnyrigg? How did we pull that one off. Happy days indeed.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2014, 02:14 PM
you hope

Obviously.

Normally managers have ages to think about it, because they've been tapped in advance.

Lucius Apuleius
20-06-2014, 03:29 PM
if you throw in the 2 weeks wasted hanging onto butcher after relegation , then 4 weeks is plenty enough time to decide your sacking your current manager , identify a new 1 and appoint him

especially given the gravity of the situation we are in

but as i said its all fine , its been the hibs way the last few years to leave all summer activity to the last day of the transfer window . its worked a treat for us so far

Might be 4 weeks since we went down. Not 4 weeks since TB was sacked. Who would have decided TB was going and who was going to replace him before LD came in? Yep, Petrie, then everyone could jump on Petrie again for interfering. It is certainly nowhere even remotely close to being an eternity. As an aside regarding all this leaving it to the last minute, someone with a better memory than me, did we not sign someone on the first or second day of the window last season? I would agree hertz have brought players in. Not streets ahead of us IMO but certainly in the lead. They were also always going to have a bigger season ticket uptake than us. They are in preservation mode, backs to the wall, no one likes us we don't care attitude, we are not, yet.

Oh and as I said your sarcasm still sucks.

Aldo
20-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Where are you in Tunisia Aldo?

Sorry CH just got this as no wifi by pool.

Holiday Village Manar in Hammamet.

greenpaper55
20-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I was trying to keep up with the goings on when i was in Bordighera, good wi fi there but still the same outcome !.

SteveHFC
20-06-2014, 03:36 PM

I hate you :greengrin

Aldo
20-06-2014, 03:37 PM

;-).

34 degrees beer etc on tap All inclusive.

Stevie look at photo from room

Keith_M
20-06-2014, 03:38 PM

+1

SteveHFC
20-06-2014, 03:44 PM
+1

http://media.giphy.com/media/AaV0TRmmedEzK/giphy.gif:greengrin

Aldo
20-06-2014, 03:48 PM
:greengrin

Quality Gif as every.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-06-2014, 03:58 PM

Enjoy mate :aok: :thumbsup:

Aldo
20-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Enjoy mate :aok: :thumbsup:

Cheers it's superb. Kids living it. Only day 3 with 11 to go.

Really don't know how I'm going to manage like.

;-) :-)

Bronson
20-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Mark Donaldson ‏@DonaldsonESPN (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN) 4m (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN/status/480019521084747776)
Been told Hibs have chosen Alan Stubbs to be their new boss. Deal is 99% complete.
Expand (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN/status/480019521084747776)

ESPN journo, also a jambo but that's irrelevant here I guess.

snooky
20-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Mark Donaldson ‏@DonaldsonESPN (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN) 4m (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonESPN/status/480019521084747776)
Been told Hibs have chosen Alan Stubbs to be their new boss. Deal is 99% complete.

Stubbs you say.
Surely some will have their doubts ;-)

HibbyAndy
20-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Id be unbelievably underwehlemed if it was Stubbs Or Venus BUT both will get a 100% support frome me.

Hermit Crab
20-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Told by who? Someone on .net? The press are good at lifting posts from here.

Yuillsy
20-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Id be unbelievably underwehlemed if it was Stubbs Or Venus BUT both will get a 100% support frome me.

Who do you want Drew?

HibbyAndy
20-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Who do you want Drew?

Awrite G :aok:

I want Mcall from Motherwell, Dunno how realistic it was/is but that would be my choice..Ill get right behind the new manager tho regardless.

Yuillsy
20-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Awrite G :aok:

I want Mcall from Motherwell, Dunno how realistic it was/is but that would be my choice..Ill get right behind the new manager tho regardless.

Fair enough mate. My only concern about McCall would be it could turn into another Butcher appointment. Motherwell may suit him perfectly and he could struggle at Hibs.
Any managerial appointment is a risk though and like you say I'll get 100% behind whoever gets it.

snooky
20-06-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't want anybody. Just let the players go out and enjoy themselves.
I'm sure they'd put in a better performance than the tactics they've been forced to play under for the past 5 years or so.

Flanny boy
20-06-2014, 09:14 PM
I don't want anybody. Just let the players go out and enjoy themselves.
I'm sure they'd put in a better performance than the tactics they've been forced to play under for the past 5 years or so.
:agree:

Criswell
20-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Absolutely LD said the new manager should be desperate to manage Hibs.

I think it's a given that anyone who wants to manage Hibs has to be desperate!

!

silverhibee
20-06-2014, 10:51 PM

Nah, pretty sure it will be Monday.