PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Best Pundit

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2014, 05:25 PM
No poll, but I really enjoy what Clarence Seedorf has to say. I thought Danny Murphy was interesting last night, talking about the different injuries and their recovery times.

Refreshing to listen to people talking about what they know about, instead of talking about themselves, or trying to be comedians.

Mon Dieu4
19-06-2014, 05:27 PM
No poll, but I really enjoy what Clarence Seedorf has to say. I thought Danny Murphy was interesting last night, talking about the different injuries and their recovery times.

Refreshing to listen to people talking about what they know about, instead of talking about themselves, or trying to be comedians.

Also agree with Seedorf by a million miles he is the best, like Cannavaro too, they ask him a question and he answers with whatever he wants to talk about, it's comedy gold

heretoday
19-06-2014, 05:29 PM

Seedorf and Murphy are both clever men. The rest of them can take a hike.

Some of them can't even talk grammatically. They shouldn't be on the air.

Jonnyboy
19-06-2014, 06:25 PM

Indeed FR :agree:

Unfortunately he blotted his copybook tonight by saying he wasn't worried about either Colombia or Ivory Coast should England meet them later in the tournament!

iwasthere1972
19-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Quite like Lee Dixon. Thierry Henry gets the thumbs down. Where's the smilie meaning the opposite of this? :aok:

Robbie Savage and Lawro probably the two worst ones.

lugz
19-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Did anyone hear Phil Nevilles concerns that the Uruguayans might be able to influence the spanish ref as they speak the same language? Taking pathetic to a whole new level.

weonlywon6-2
19-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Terry henry is terrible,so boring,who needs sleeping pills when he is on ??

Heard chris waddell on the radio tonight and thouht he was correct about england and the premiership killling the natonal team

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2014, 10:27 PM
I think they have all been terrific tonight, loved all of them. :top marks

ScottB
19-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Quite enjoy Henry myself, him taking the p*ss out of that welt Savage was superb.

Seedorf too has been great, together their achievements take some beating. Rio Ferdinand wasn't too bad, though Henry and Seedorf speak better English than he does.

Savage aside, the BBC's selection are by far the best. Even Neil Lennon has surprised me!

Pretty Boy
19-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Seedorf and Neil Lennon have been the pick of the bunch so far imo.

The_Horde
19-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Think Henry comes across as arrogant and huffy.

Seedorf is the man.

Bronson
20-06-2014, 12:44 AM
I quite like Henry, loved him as a player though so i'm definitely bias. Seedorf is good, think he'll be a top manager one day as well.

My favourite pundit was always Andy Gray, I miss that guy.

(((Fergus)))
20-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Danny Murphy
Brad Friedel
Strachan
Rio Ferdinand
Patrick Viera for his amazing football-shaped head
Chris Waddell is OK - although he did his usual angry fan rant after another England failure without making much sense.
Don't get the appeal of Seedorf. Pleasant enough guy but...
Henry has a bad attitude but provided some insights

Best by a country mile is Danny Murphy who has first hand knowledge, has also done research and wants to share as much as possible with the audience.

Lawrenson just doesn't care about anything.

JMac
20-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Adrian Chiles :cb:cb:cb

GreenLake
20-06-2014, 01:31 AM
In the US we have

Michael Ballack (quite good)
Alexi Lalas (comical)
Steve McManaman (a true lover of the game, great critic of referees)
Ruud van Nistelrooy (quiet and boring surprisingly for such an exciting striker)
Roberto Martinez (nice guy, good tactician)
Rudy Skacel (just kidding, nobody has heard of him over here)
Casey Keller (reasonable guy)
Santiago Solari (quite good)

Hibee87
20-06-2014, 06:25 AM
Think the mexicans win hands down:

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=151541

(not got time to pic the pics on here)

overdrive
20-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Somewhat against the grain, I don't like Murphy. He comes across as if he thinks he was the Messi of his day and also came out with great insight that a toe poke was "innovative".

(((Fergus)))
20-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Tony Pullis has been decent too.

HibbyAndy
20-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Henry.

hfc rd
20-06-2014, 04:55 PM
I've liked a few of them so far. Viera, Rio, Seedorf, Murphy, Strachan, Henry and even Neil Lennon.

green day
20-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Danny Murphy and......surprisingly, Neil Lennon was very good and funny when I saw him.

Iggy Pope
20-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I quite like Henry, loved him as a player though so i'm definitely bias. Seedorf is good, think he'll be a top manager one day as well.

My favourite pundit was always Andy Gray, I miss that guy.

He is all over the Satellite coverage in Turkey, via somewhere in the Middle East. With his mate Keays. He remains complete rats cocks.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Quite like Lee Dixon. Thierry Henry gets the thumbs down. Where's the smilie meaning the opposite of this? :aok:

Robbie Savage and Lawro probably the two worst ones.

not a fan, but, surprisingly, finding Savage's co commentary pretty decent this evening. Didn't realise who it was until I pressed Select!

frazeHFC
20-06-2014, 06:19 PM
I like Henry. Really did not like Gary Neville or Rio Ferdinand as players but they are both great pundits. Seedorf seems good too. Always liked Hansen on MOTD as well. Jamie Redknap is probably my favourite pundit.

craigmounthibby
20-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Danny Murphy and Seedorf, by a distance. Hoddle, Cannavaro and Keown are all terrible.

Bronson
20-06-2014, 06:57 PM
He is all over the Satellite coverage in Turkey, via somewhere in the Middle East. With his mate Keays. He remains complete rats cocks.

He was always my favourite pundit on SSN, knew what he was talking about.

Him and Martin Tyler were the ultimate commentary duo as well, find me someone who doesn't love that 'what a hit son, what a hit!' for Gerrard's goal v Olympiakos, you won't because everyone loves it. Everyone.:greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
20-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Tony Pullis has been decent too.

Haven't seen TP, what channel is he on? I think he gives good post-match interviews as well, but then I'm a Palace fan so the guy can do little wrong.

Quite like Lennon as a pundit although couldn't stand him as a player/manager.

Don't think Phil Neville is as bad as people give him credit for. Still not great mind. Agree that Murphy is pretty good. BBC are probably looking for a long-term replacement for Hansen, Murphy seems a good candidate.

Jonnyboy
20-06-2014, 07:08 PM
In the US we have

Michael Ballack (quite good)
Alexi Lalas (comical)
Steve McManaman (a true lover of the game, great critic of referees)
Ruud van Nistelrooy (quiet and boring surprisingly for such an exciting striker)
Roberto Martinez (nice guy, good tactician)
Rudy Skacel (just kidding, nobody has heard of him over here)
Casey Keller (reasonable guy)
Santiago Solari (quite good)

That'll explain the long face :wink:

clerriehibs
20-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Haven't seen TP, what channel is he on? I think he gives good post-match interviews as well, but then I'm a Palace fan so the guy can do little wrong.

Quite like Lennon as a pundit although couldn't stand him as a player/manager.

Don't think Phil Neville is as bad as people give him credit for. Still not great mind. Agree that Murphy is pretty good. BBC are probably looking for a long-term replacement for Hansen, Murphy seems a good candidate.

Patrick Vieira, if only for the way he put that idiot chiles back in his box the other night.

Itsnoteasy
20-06-2014, 07:58 PM

The wee ginger heeded fella, that has green blood flowing through the veins.:agree:

Onceinawhile
20-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Martin O'Neill and Lee Dixon.

O'Neill is brilliant with his put downs.

Cropley10
20-06-2014, 08:26 PM
I like Andy Townsend and his ability to tell us exactly what's happening in the super slo mo replays. And the way he can he can sum up the situation perfectly, take last night's game and Rooney's shot at the keeper AT 'it's a great hit, but he hits it straight at him. But it's a good block by the keeper'. Genius.

Dan Sarf
20-06-2014, 09:13 PM
I like Andy Townsend and his ability to tell us exactly what's happening in the super slo mo replays. And the way he can he can sum up the situation perfectly, take last night's game and Rooney's shot at the keeper AT 'it's a great hit, but he hits it straight at him. But it's a good block by the keeper'. Genius.

Uncanny the way he knows what's going to happen. A top top analiser. Did I spell that right?

The Baldmans Comb
20-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Has to be Cannavaro.

He has no idea who many of the players are especially English ones and either doesn't understand the question or just talks about something else anyway with a glaikit grin on his coupen.

Better than a comedy show.

Onceinawhile
20-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Has to be Cannavaro.

He has no idea who many of the players are especially English ones and either doesn't understand the question or just talks about something else anyway with a glaikit grin on his coupen.

Better than a comedy show.

Fairly sure he's had his hair done as well. Never had that much 20 years ago let alone 10!

fatbloke
21-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Listening to Michael Owen summing up is hard work he comes across as a bitter wee eejit. Twice in 5 minutes telling players to get up and get on with it. Everything is England England England. Not a patch on Neil Lennon who has come across well.