PDA

View Full Version : NHC Chelsea fans must be pleased

down-the-slope
18-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Diego Costa / Torres - awesome pairing for next season :tee hee:

nribs
18-06-2014, 08:57 PM

The EPL isn't as good a league as the BBC/Sky would have you believe.

Bronson
18-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Costa was superb at Atletico last season but looks brutal for Spain. It'll be interesting to see how he does for Chelsea. If I was them I'd be a bit more reluctant about letting Lukaku go.

Albion Hibs
18-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Costa was superb at Atletico last season but looks brutal for Spain. It'll be interesting to see how he does for Chelsea. If I was them I'd be a bit more reluctant about letting Lukaku go.

Spain in looked like they had a better team on the bench than started the match. How tores gets on in front of villa or even fabregas is beyond me. He must have some cracking photos of the gaffer.

CorrieHibs
18-06-2014, 09:01 PM

He's played a lot of football tbh and was beginning to tire at the end of the season and was carrying an injury.

Bostonhibby
18-06-2014, 09:02 PM

Indeed, paying money for Costa when you own Lukaku. Bonkers

TheReg!
18-06-2014, 09:02 PM

Really mate??? I think it's the best league in Europe.

Bronson
18-06-2014, 09:07 PM
He's played a lot of football tbh and was beginning to tire at the end of the season and was carrying an injury.

Aye he's definitely not match sharp, but some poor touches cost him a goal tonight IMO, he had a couple chances.

lugz
18-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Chelsea will win the league next season with Costa and Fabregas.

nribs
18-06-2014, 09:32 PM

Do you know who Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool will be signing?

lugz
18-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Do you know who Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool will be signing?

nah just a feeling, regardless of who city sign they'll be chasing the champs league, Man Utd is a huge re building job and Liverpool wont be used to the schedule once the champs league kicks in.

As you can probably tell chelsea are the english team I follow so probably more wishful thinking than anything else.

CmoantheHibs
18-06-2014, 10:05 PM
in their 1st game he made some great runs and took up good positions but wasnt match sharp.In tonights game he was murder.I still think he will score loads of goals in the EPL as the runs he makes is suited to their quick countering style of play.Hope he doesnt though as I hope chelsea crash and burn.

nribs
18-06-2014, 11:22 PM
nah just a feeling, regardless of who city sign they'll be chasing the champs league, Man Utd is a huge re building job and Liverpool wont be used to the schedule once the champs league kicks in.

As you can probably tell chelsea are the english team I follow so probably more wishful thinking than anything else.

Fair enough :) Sheffield Wed are my English club like Hibs promotion is our aim, I can never be acused of being a glory hunter :)

frazeHFC
19-06-2014, 07:40 AM
I'd be over the moon if o were them! Costa has clearly been struggling since his injury near the end of the season. Him and Fabregas are class signings.

Really don't like them so bit gutted they have signed them tbh.

And I agree with Lukaku, they are mad if they won't play him. Hope he leaves but stays in the league.

Lewis77
19-06-2014, 07:44 AM

Have you not heard? The Spanish are done!

TRC
19-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I just didn't understand Spains tactics they've not played with an out and out striker in 4 years, it worked pretty well for them. Then Costa has a great season in La Liga and they try to fit him into the team by changing to a more direct style . The players looked a little lost. Thought that chile out spained spain last night.

heretoday
19-06-2014, 08:35 AM
in their 1st game he made some great runs and took up good positions but wasnt match sharp.In tonights game he was murder.I still think he will score loads of goals in the EPL as the runs he makes is suited to their quick countering style of play.Hope he doesnt though as I hope chelsea crash and burn.

Why? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-06-2014, 09:20 AM
They will be wishing they held on to Sturridge too, the guy is such a natural goal scorer.

jacomo
19-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Aye he's definitely not match sharp, but some poor touches cost him a goal tonight IMO, he had a couple chances.

If Chelsea were on the ball they could have snapped up James Collins, if it's a hard worker with a poor touch that they're after.

jacomo
19-06-2014, 09:36 AM
I just didn't understand Spains tactics they've not played with an out and out striker in 4 years, it worked pretty well for them. Then Costa has a great season in La Liga and they try to fit him into the team by changing to a more direct style . The players looked a little lost. Thought that chile out spained spain last night.

:agree:

Similar in a way to Guardiola trying to fit Zlatan into the Barca team - just did not work.

Costa seems a very poor fit for the tiki taka model, and Del Bosque made a number of selection and tactical errors. Torres was a waste of a plane fare. Not sure if this means an end of an era but Spain will need to rethink things now.

J-C
19-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Andy Gray on Talksport just said that Costa didn't fit into Spain's way of playing, he had zero service, he said get him the service like he did at Athletico and he'll shine, he'll get that at Chelsea and British football will suit him to a T.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-06-2014, 09:45 AM

Totally agree but it's us mugs who have to service it!

Haymaker
19-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Spain need to strip the old guard and rebuild with the young. Get back to their style and go again.

DH1875
19-06-2014, 12:56 PM

The sad thing about that is that Costa aint even Spanish. They changed their whole game plan for a one season wonder Brazilian.

Haymaker
19-06-2014, 01:20 PM
The sad thing about that is that Costa aint even Spanish. They changed their whole game plan for a one season wonder Brazilian.

Yep, a terrible decision that back fired massively.

Also, probably been perfect for Brazil so far as well, need a box man.

EdinMike
19-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Torres has been gant for what ?! About 6 years ?

TheFamous1875
19-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Has anyone figured out what happened to Torres when he moved??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibeemikey21
19-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Read an article analysing this.

He picked up a knee injury towards the end of his time at pool. Had surgery and when he returned, his stats were crap, but chelsea bought him on his pre-surgery form. This form was never re-discovered

emerald green
19-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm I alone in thinking that Torres is over-rated? Certainly not worth the money paid out for him in transfer fees and crazy wages.

lugz
19-06-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm I alone in thinking that Torres is over-rated? Certainly not worth the money paid out for him in transfer fees and crazy wages.

he's definitely not been worth the transfer fee or the crazy wages.

He's certainly not overrated now, to be that people would actually have to rate him! Think its a well known fact he's rotten.

Haymaker
19-06-2014, 10:39 PM

He was gash before his move to Chelski.

MWHIBBIES
20-06-2014, 03:06 AM
He was injured before the 2010 world cup and shouldn't have gone to South Africa. Despite the 2010 world cup probably being the highlight of his career it finished him.

weonlywon6-2
20-06-2014, 05:09 AM

If you can tell us which is a better league i might agree with you

emerald green
20-06-2014, 08:41 AM
he's definitely not been worth the transfer fee or the crazy wages.

He's certainly not overrated now, to be that people would actually have to rate him! Think its a well known fact he's rotten.

:agree:

heretoday
20-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Chelsea have to sign up Lukaku long term. I don't understand why a player of that power and speed has been on loan the last two years.

With Costa rested and fit again they could have a devastating combo up front.

J-C
20-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Chelsea have to sign up Lukaku. I don't understand why a player of that power and speed has been on loan the last two years.

With Costa rested and fit again they could have a devastating combo up front.

Pretty sure Lukaku is already a Chelsea player :confused:

heretoday
20-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Pretty sure Lukaku is already a Chelsea player :confused:

Yes he is but only till 2016 I think but my point is I don't understand why they keep loaning him out. They don't seem to rate him for some reason.

Haymaker
20-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Mourinho doesnt like Lukaku, they fell out apparently and JM doesnt like that.