PDA

View Full Version : NHC Brazil and Spain

theonlywayisup
18-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Why are they so mince? Compared to the recent teams!

The Modfather
18-06-2014, 08:57 PM

Petrie's solely to blame for the Lochend Brazil, still looking into what hand he's had in the Span team.....

jacomo
19-06-2014, 01:42 PM

Spain are old and knackered, and not sure how to evolve the team. Costa should have been an option from the bench if Plan A wasn't working, Torres is a waste of a shirt.

Big Phil's Brazil in 2002 started slowly too... expect them to improve. They lack many world class players though.

J-C
19-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I think in Brazil's case there are too many playing Europe and have reverted to a more European style of play, they're flamboyancy has gone and they've become easier to play against. The great Brasil teams of the past had players who would and could do magical things with the ball, not now it seems.

Spain have just come to the stage of one tournament too many.

The Green Goblin
19-06-2014, 01:59 PM
I think the unimaginable amount of pressure and expectation on the Brazilian players is playing its part.

Onceinawhile
19-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Spain are old and knackered, and not sure how to evolve the team. Costa should have been an option from the bench if Plan A wasn't working, Torres is a waste of a shirt.

Big Phil's Brazil in 2002 started slowly too... expect them to improve. They lack many world class players though.

Spains average age is only just above brazil's and just below argentina's. I think it's a lack of desire. Almost all of those players have won everything and don't need to win anymore.

they really should have refreshed the squad more, especially given that their u-20s have won two euros in a row.

keep the faith
19-06-2014, 04:49 PM
I think in Brazil's case there are too many playing Europe and have reverted to a more European style of play, they're flamboyancy has gone and they've become easier to play against. The great Brasil teams of the past had players who would and could do magical things with the ball, not now it seems.

Spain have just come to the stage of one tournament too many.

Spot on. Brazil players used to come nowhere near European leagues and as a result the players had a different style and mentality.
Its a real shame. Seeing players like zico eder and co at world cups used to be so exciting. It was like the had dropped in from another planet playing this super stylish cavalier football.

Michael
19-06-2014, 04:53 PM
The in form team during the group stage never wins the trophy. I still expect Brazil to win it.

Hibercelona
19-06-2014, 07:01 PM
They're just not as good as they used to be?

They're both countries with high expectations to meet when it comes to football and thats a lot of pressure.

Where as other teams can go out there not expecting to win it and play without that pressure.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Take the weight of expectation the nation of the cup host and multiply if by 1000.

The Brasilians are passionate and emotional, plus the small matter of their talent. They'll be in pieces when they are knocked out I think the weight of expectation will ultimately be their undoing. But if they win there will never be another celebration to match it.

The Argentinos in contrast are more controlled, physical and aggressive - with the skill.