PDA

View Full Version : GIRUY "Gowser"

Frazerbob
18-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Out after 2 games!

Hermit Crab
18-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Out after 2 games!

Maybe if he concentrated as hard on his game instead of finding convenient moments to get a comfort blanket photo opportunity then his national side may have progressed in the competition.

Bronson
18-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Typical yam, absolute welt of a man, far too mouthy for his own good.

Hopefully Sergio Ramos treats himself to another red card when they play each other for a high boot on 'Gowzer'. A high boot to the knee... studs showing... hard... very hard.

GlasgowHibee
18-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Maybe if he concentrated as hard on his game instead of finding convenient moments to get a comfort blanket photo opportunity then his national side may have progressed in the competition.

In fairness he did cross the ball for Cahill's equaliser, shame he's still an absolute welt of a man.

Mcpakeisgod
18-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I agree that on twitter he comes across as a bit of an arse. But knowing him as I do he was actually an ok guy . Didnt mind having a bit of banter. Just a shame he's a jambo.

Barney McGrew
18-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Playing for his country in a World Cup finals and he's more interested in a snidey photo opportunity to appease fans of a wee team in Scotland that he used to play for a few years back. Pretty much sums up how much of an utter welt he is.

3pm
18-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Think that's his flight number. Departing soon.

cabbageandribs1875
18-06-2014, 06:22 PM
what an odd laddie

nribs
18-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Shame for the poor ladie that he has **** all else in his life.

Libby Hibby
18-06-2014, 06:34 PM
He probably did it to annoy some people and make some others happy.

Looks like it worked.

Don't know him personally but it hardly makes him a welt of a man.

I'm more interested in the coming season.

I do know him personally and he is quite sound but his country are in the World Cup finals and he does the 1-5 symbol? Odd, strange and I do think a particularly weltish thing to do...very, very sad actions imo and I think any Hibby would find it just plain weird

Jonnyboy
18-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Out after 2 games!

Can I ask what the source of this picture was?

oconnors_strip
18-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Watching the game

givescotlandfreedom
18-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Loves them so much he scarpered to China in their hour of need.

Jonnyboy
18-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Watching the game

Did you actually see him doing it N?

nribs
18-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Loves them so much he scarpered to China in their hour of need.

Not sure he had an option tbh.

AlbertK86
18-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Just Banter

Anybody getting upset with that needs to take a chill pill and consider that he has just achieved what he set out to do ... Wind up the Hibees.... Visitors snooping on hear will be lovin the reaction. Should have just ignored it

Devilstorment
18-06-2014, 06:46 PM
the hand with the "one" looks a bit suspect in my opinion...

davidw
18-06-2014, 06:50 PM
I do know him personally and he is quite sound but his country are in the World Cup finals and he does the 1-5 symbol? Odd, strange and I do think a particularly weltish thing to do...very, very sad actions imo and I think any Hibby would find it just plain weird
Er, is it not something to do with the wall he's setting up? Think there is a bit of over-sensitiveness verging on paranoia going on here. Lordy!

SaulGoodman
18-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Seems a bit dodgy to me

Dobosz83
18-06-2014, 06:57 PM
It was an utterly bizarre thing to do. I just seen my facebook page awash with this photo from Jambo's. All very cringe to be honest considering he's playing for Australia, in Brazil, during the World Cup, 2 years later, and plays his club football in China now.

Whatever makes him get 'tweets' from his merry band of Hearts cling ons I suppose. Odd chap, that's for sure.

Eyrie
18-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Why is he signalling his IQ?

chrisski33
18-06-2014, 07:02 PM
is he really doing the 1-5 sign or counting and its been captured as that sign by person doing picture grab??

emerald green
18-06-2014, 07:04 PM
What a sad tosser. Wearing number 19, and giving it the tiresome and played out "one five". GIRFUY.

Scottie
18-06-2014, 07:17 PM
the hand with the "one" looks a bit suspect in my opinion...
It wasn't Gowser it was Jeremy Beadle reincarnated :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Looks like 6 fingers there. I'm thinking BS.

18-06-2014, 07:23 PM
typical yam, when things go wrong for you just pull out the 5-1 comfort blanket - even if it is completely irrelevant to the game or in this instance even the team involved. Cringeworthy.

Keep hiding behind that wee blanket son :dummytit::dummytit::dummytit:

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Ah the 5-1 Cling-ons

Torto7062
18-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Taxi fir a .........

Jim44
18-06-2014, 07:27 PM
It's a poor photoshop job.

Frazerbob
18-06-2014, 07:29 PM

No it's not. Saw it with my own eyes.

Frazerbob
18-06-2014, 07:32 PM

My telly. Plenty videos doing the rounds now.

edwards
18-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Time to be a man son ****** grow up Eh :wink:

oconnors_strip
18-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Did you actually see him doing it N?

Yes I was certain of it and shouted at the TV in the pub (in gorgie), the locals were to happy with me :greengrin

Jonnyboy
18-06-2014, 07:53 PM
My telly. Plenty videos doing the rounds now.

Fair do's. He's either a total :trumpet: or it was really a signal to his keeper

Craig_HFC
18-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Seriously, does anyone really give a shiny *****?

Stop getting all of your knickers in a twist.

hfc rd
18-06-2014, 09:22 PM

Seen him do it on the TV.

GraniteCityHibs
18-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Get over it.

You lot. Not him.

malagahibby
18-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Was he not indicating that they have lost 6 goals already ?
Worst player on the park -the Dutch winger ran him stupid.

Dinkydoo
18-06-2014, 09:37 PM
No wonder Ex-Hearts players are still making references to that game if it still winds up some Hibs fans.

Nothing to see here; just a bit of banter.

Chibs
18-06-2014, 09:51 PM
It's their equivalent of the nazi salute.

madhatter
18-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Shouldn't really care about this. If he chooses to sink to these levels whilst playing for his country, it truly tells you everything you need to know about the guy and his aspirations. Not wound up by it, just find it petty and something that I'd only cheekily do when winning 4-0 or more.

He had the eyes of the world watching and he chose to do this and lets be honest, bar his cross, he had a reasonably poor game - pretty much proves that football players aren't the smartest...
If only footballers could boast when they truly have something to be smug about and at a time when it wouldn't seem like they were an idiot. In terms of McGowan, if he concentrated on his football, he'd be in a better league than the Chinese one at the moment. He'd no doubt be a better player.

Oh well, football players will always be thick I'm afraid and I'm more annoyed at wasted potential for idiotic reasons than a silly 5-1 signal.

Riordan, O'Connor and various ex-Hibs players, through different means, have also spent more time acting like idiots than focusing and perfecting play. Both have destroyed careers and are only 31...
Skacel for them was the same, idiot who preferred acting like a prat rather than improving as a player.

Bit of banter at the end of the day but sadly with these poorly educated players...it has, and is likely, to cause careers to fade-out to nothing. Cristiano Ronaldo sticks behind at training and has ample amounts of banter also - he is class act and his effect on Benzema is clear to see (fitter, sharper and better player). Hate seeing careers fading away and players choosing to have a "bit of banter" rather than make something of themselves. Hopefully McGowan matures a bit and chooses his times to have a a "bit of banter" better but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Cameron1875
18-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Biggest stage of all and all he can think about is Hibs. Suppose we should be flattered shouldn't we!

Sir David Gray
18-06-2014, 10:33 PM
The guy's a fanny but I think we already knew that.

:bye: Ryan, your patter's stinking son.

s2hart
19-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Out after 2 games!

What a strange picture, he has a long back and short legs(possibly from the inbreeding) plus the guy next to him looks like a midget! :confused:

DTS
19-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Just going to say he was in a six man wall at the time so it could have been related to that?

Boyle89
19-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Who cares. Absolute no mark.

KeithTheHibby
19-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Totally related to setting up the wall, nothing more.

I would leave the banter to the deluded pink ones who seem to think he was referring to that game.

Pete
19-06-2014, 07:11 AM
He's lucky to be part of a team that is playing vastly superior opposition. That alone requires 100% concentration so think about how much is required when you're defending a set piece. There's no way in hell he'd be thinking about anything else and if the manager thought for one minute that he was he'd be dealt with.

I don't mind McGowan as he's one of the more light hearted ones. He's done OK so far this tournament as have his team mates and there's something good about seeing players associated with our league at big tournaments.

These hand signs in general are just banter and it's a sad day when we can't appreciate it as such. I definitely do and it certainly doesn't make me feel any negative emotions.
To me, it's now forever associated with administrators, cheating and bake sales...and you should all really be thinking the same way:greengrin

Turkish Green
19-06-2014, 07:17 AM
No wonder Ex-Hearts players are still making references to that game if it still winds up some Hibs fans.

Totally agree.

Of all the problems with the club at the moment there has been 2 pages of posts on nothingness.

If it hadn't been brought to my attention by the OP, (who I suspect copied the photo from Keekback), then I would have been none the wiser.

Let's be honest for a moment, how often is the 7-0 score used to annoy the yams? And that game was over 40 years ago. I suspect the yams will be brandishing the 5-1 score for many years to come UNLESS Hibs do something about it on the pitch to shut them up.

Now can we let this die and get on with the real problems at hand.

PETRIE OOT

The Falcon
19-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Couldn't really give one either way.

The more important thing, to me, is that 5-1 meant they were unable to pay for their poppy wreath laid at the remembrance ceremony that year. They never paid local or national taxes that year so never contributed to the financial cost of the ceremony, or the care and living costs of the old soldiers who attended. But they did get 5-1 and I am sure McGowan's countrymen who fell at Gallipoli will think it worth it.

When they are posing in their new strips commemorating the 100th anniversary of the First War their utter hypocrisy should never be forgotten.

5-1? There are more important things in life. They can have it and, under those circumstances, I would not want it.

Pete
19-06-2014, 07:18 AM
What a strange picture, he has a long back and short legs(possibly from the inbreeding) plus the guy next to him looks like a midget! :confused:

I think someone needs to try Toshiba's flatter, squarer tube.

(there's one for the kids)

Michael
19-06-2014, 07:20 AM
GIRUY? I'm sure he was happy to just be at the world cup.

hibs4thecup1988
19-06-2014, 07:27 AM
To be honest, meant or not I would love some of our cup 2012 team to have had the passion and love for our club that he has for theirs...

Pete
19-06-2014, 07:42 AM
To be honest, meant or not I would love some of our cup 2012 team to have had the passion and love for our club that he has for theirs...

They love hearts because hearts appreciated them.

They appreciated them financialy before appreciating entities like HMRC, Edinburgh council, Herriot Watt and countless others.

The harshest of critics would suggest that half these players should not have even been on the field but you can't ignore the fact that the players being the priority was part of this relentless pursuit of trophies. Well, sometimes they were.

Kato
19-06-2014, 08:26 AM
It's their equivalent of the nazi salute.

I think you'll find the Nazi Salute is their equivalent of the Nazi Salute.

khib70
19-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Totally agree.

Of all the problems with the club at the moment there has been 2 pages of posts on nothingness.

If it hadn't been brought to my attention by the OP, (who I suspect copied the photo from Keekback), then I would have been none the wiser.

Let's be honest for a moment, how often is the 7-0 score used to annoy the yams? And that game was over 40 years ago. I suspect the yams will be brandishing the 5-1 score for many years to come UNLESS Hibs do something about it on the pitch to shut them up.

PETRIE OOT
This:agree:

After the Global Hibby episode you'd think we'd learned a lesson, but here we are falling for another, cruder, wind up. Too many slow news days....

Frazerbob
19-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Totally agree.

PETRIE OOT

Ok, I've come in for a bit if stick for my OP so, right of reply please. For the avoidance of doubt, I didn't get the photo from kickback. It came from my TV.

I actually find some of the 1-5 banter quite amusing and I don't get worked up by it. I also don't particularly mind "Gowser"(other than the general dislike of all things Hearts obviously), he's harmless. My GIRUY was simply returning some of said banter after he and his team mates were essentially knocked out at the earliest opportunity.

No knickers in a twist here just slagging a former Jambo after he decided to give us some stick in front of a World wide audience. Maybe we should just roll over and take it in future.

Lighten up folks!

Baldy Foghorn
19-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Ok, I've come in for a bit if stick for my OP so, right of reply please. For the avoidance of doubt, I didn't get the photo from kickback. It came from my TV.

I actually find some of the 1-5 banter quite amusing and I don't get worked up by it. I also don't particularly mind "Gowser"(other than the general dislike of all things Hearts obviously), he's harmless. My GIRUY was simply returning some of said banter after he and his team mates were essentially knocked out at the earliest opportunity.

No knickers in a twist here just slagging a former Jambo after he decided to give us some stick in front of a World wide audience. Maybe we should just roll over and take it in future.

Lighten up folks!

Sums up the level of "professionalism" from the erse, doing that during a competitive WC fixture......

Seven up
19-06-2014, 09:39 AM
As far as I'm concerned every Jambo past and present is entitled to do the 5-1 forever more.... It was the best result in their History and if the shoe was on the other foot we'd never let them forget either...we're all strolling about with 0-7 t shirts 40+ years later....... It's banter and we have to suck it up I'm afraid until we do something similar ...Tin Hat on of course !

Pretty Boy
19-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Who cares?

Guys playing on the biggest stage and all he can think about is Hibs. I'm flattered.

jacomo
19-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Maybe he thinks he's Dutch??

kaimendhibs
19-06-2014, 10:48 AM
He's a welt. Imagine being out there and pandering a ****ty wee club in gorgie. Cringe

Sent from my iphone

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Just seen it in the papers, what a bell end! he's at the World Cup and that's all he can come out with?, then again what are Aussies good for anyway?

Useless yam fud.

skipster7
19-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Mb hes referring to our to our 5-1 cup final win or old rangers 5-1 cup final win over themselves. Everybodys had one it seems so hardly a unique scoreline.
Now 7 goals at your rivals on new years day to go top of the league, thats unique.

KeithTheHibby
19-06-2014, 12:15 PM
This is such a stupid thread.

I don't believe for one minute that McGowan would possibly think that as he prepared to defend a free kick he would do this in the hope that a camera would phototgraph him at that precise moment?

This thread should be closed as it's just plain silly to even discuss it.

CropleyWasGod
19-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Just seen it in the papers, what a bell end! he's at the World Cup and that's all he can come out with?, then again what are Aussies good for anyway?

Useless yam fud.

:rolleyes:

Bronson
19-06-2014, 01:30 PM
The Scotsman have somehow managed to make an article on this thread. I'm a bit lost for words but here it is.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/world-cup-hibs-fans-rage-at-mcgowan-5-1-gesture-1-3450638

Hibtastic
19-06-2014, 01:33 PM
We've got more important things to worry about than what some loser is doing wi his hands...

Sir David Gray
19-06-2014, 01:55 PM
I've just played the game back and I've seen it for myself and I need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

They do form a six man wall for that free kick so pretty sure it's to do with that.

He's still a fanny though and he'll no doubt be delighted that his unintentional actions have been interpreted in this way.

Turkish Green
19-06-2014, 01:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned every Jambo past and present is entitled to do the 5-1 forever more.... It was the best result in their History and if the shoe was on the other foot we'd never let them forget either...we're all strolling about with 0-7 t shirts 40+ years later....... It's banter and we have to suck it up I'm afraid until we do something similar ...Tin Hat on of course !
Exactly, didn't Nid get the 7-0 score shaved into his head before a derby game. It must have worked as a wind up, as Hibs lost that game IIRC.

Banter is just that, banter. It just seems that the yams have had the upper hand in it after 1973. Come on LD, do something about it. Now wouldn't it be something to crow over them with if Hibs beat Hearts in the Play-Offs.

PETRIE OOT

Judas Iscariot
19-06-2014, 02:02 PM
He's a welt. Imagine being out there and pandering a ****ty wee club in gorgie. Cringe

Sent from my iphone

This..

Even if was in reference purely to the wall or freekick taker he's still a total **** and the lot of them are bigger *****.

carnoustiehibee
19-06-2014, 02:11 PM
The Scotsman have somehow managed to make an article on this thread. I'm a bit lost for words but here it is.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/world-cup-hibs-fans-rage-at-mcgowan-5-1-gesture-1-3450638

Never fails to amaze me that people get paid for trolling Internet forums and writing complete nonsense in a newspaper.

McSwanky
19-06-2014, 02:13 PM

:faf:

This must be the slowest news day ever!

WestEndHibee
19-06-2014, 02:39 PM

Exactly, fwiw I'm not sure he actually has done this on purpose but if he has then he can't have hoped for a better reaction. It actually gave me a laugh, harmless banter is what football rivalries should amount to. It's not hurt anybody and we would do exactly the same given the chance.

Turkish Green
19-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Totally agree.

PETRIE OOT
It has now gone up to 3 Pages of nothingness and ire.

iwasthere1972
19-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Oh aye we're all raging of course. A bit of an exaggeration.

Baldy Foghorn said erse. :greengrin

emerald green
19-06-2014, 05:59 PM

Lighten up folks!

Nah, I'll never roll over and take any sh** from the yaks, or any of their former players. No danger.

That's what's wrong with a number of Hibs supporters. Too soft, and let them walk all over us cos it's just "banter". A lot of it isn't banter. Far from it. If they dish it out, I for one will reply accordingly.

Baldy Foghorn
19-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Oh aye we're all raging of course. A bit of an exaggeration.

Baldy Foghorn said erse. :greengrin

Cant believe they have quoted directly from here:cb

Dave-O
19-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Cant believe they have quoted directly from here:cb

You should get onto them and threaten them with Intellectual property rights, the fuds. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
19-06-2014, 08:04 PM
You should get onto them and threaten them with Intellectual property rights, the fuds. :agree:

You calling me Intellectual?:rolleyes:

Dave-O
19-06-2014, 08:08 PM
You calling me Intellectual?:rolleyes:

:hilarious

givescotlandfreedom
19-06-2014, 11:38 PM

The Scotsman and Evening News are rancid Hearts rags. Feel free to quote me on that, chaps.

Springbank
20-06-2014, 05:35 AM
I remember the last trophy we won was won by a 1-5 score line

Differences were:

We won 5-1 packed with home grown talent who went on to captain Scotland & play no9 for Scotland

It wasn't full of mercenaries who kill the Scottish game

We didn't go bust weeks later having chased a dream

We paid our taxes, we paid local companies, yet still beat Locke Brown Jefferies & co 5-1

What we didn't do - we didn't create an infantile hand gesture about it

All in all there have been 2 different 5-1 trophy wins in Edinburgh in the last decade

Only one was honourable

Gatecrasher
20-06-2014, 06:45 AM
The Scotsman and Evening News are rancid Hearts rags. Feel free to quote me on that, chaps.

:top marks stopped buying it ages ago just get my hibs news from here and twitter and lets be honest thats where they get most of their stories anyway.

The Falcon
20-06-2014, 07:04 AM

Differences were:

We won 5-1 packed with home grown talent who went on to captain Scotland & play no9 for Scotland

We paid our taxes, we paid local companies, yet still beat Locke Brown Jefferies & co 5-1

All in all there have been 2 different 5-1 trophy wins in Edinburgh in the last decade

Only one was honourable

:top marks

CRAZYHIBBY
20-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Who gives a ****.....

CRAZYHIBBY
20-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Even more laughable was the fact that hearts and world cup star was mentioned in the same sentence

Turkish Green
20-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Differences were:

Only one was honourable
I am sure that if we had been born with 7 digits on a hand that we'd be giving it 7-0 big style. But we weren't so let's leave the hand gestures to them. Simple things please simple minds.

Albion Hibs
23-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Having just watched the highlights of the Australia game I am pleased to report no silly hand gestures...however I think this was pretty much down to the fact he was getting one of the biggest beastings I gave seen in the World Cup so far...in fact I would go as far as to say they appeared to be targeting the little grunt just about every time they got the ball!

Forza Fred
23-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Having just watched the highlights of the Australia game I am pleased to report no silly hand gestures...however I think this was pretty much down to the fact he was getting one of the biggest beastings I gave seen in the World Cup so far...in fact I would go as far as to say they appeared to be targeting the little grunt just about every time they got the ball!

Did seem that way, as nearly everything went down his side.

TBF to him, he hasn't done himself any harm this world cup, although he was never first choice, and considered a squad player.

He's still a jambo welt by the way in my opinion though, and I hate when he is picked for Oz:wink:

24-06-2014, 09:11 AM

Differences were:

Only one was honourable

Spot on!

JimBHibees
24-06-2014, 10:06 AM

Differences were:

Only one was honourable

Cracking post.

MrSmith
24-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Differences were:

Only one was honourable

Brilliant! Gonna share this on my facebook page - text only!

RIP Bestie
24-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Brilliant! Gonna share this on my facebook page - text only!
All very well but don't be surprised if other question this.
lets not forget that Hogg, Jones, Murphy, Sproule, Boozy Benji, Zammama, Martis and Simon Brown aren't exactly home grown talent.
I feel you are setting yourself up here.

MrSmith
24-06-2014, 10:45 AM
All very well but don't be surprised if other question this.
lets not forget that Hogg, Jones, Murphy, Sproule, Boozy Benji, Zammama, Martis and Simon Brown aren't exactly home grown talent.
I feel you are setting yourself up here.

Yeah cool will keep that in mind, thanks :thumbsup:

Bronson
24-06-2014, 11:49 AM

Differences were:

Only one was honourable

Sums it up for me, terrific post:top marks