18-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Heard it on the radio

patch1875
18-06-2014, 05:54 PM
I'll be first... Source??

Girl in the sunbed shop

frazeHFC
18-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't be disappointed. Gets a lot of stick but always thought he's alright.

Ronniekirk
18-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Interviewed today please don't offer him the job

Doesn't have profile Leeann outlined so find it strange he was interviewed .

Haymaker
18-06-2014, 05:57 PM
He's the sort of bloke who could settle the team, get the basics right and leave us better off.

Could. We've heard that before.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Don't believe this.

nribs
18-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Taken from Wiki .. any ideas why?

De Graafschap
Calderwood was appointed manager of De Graafschap in January 2014.[11] He left the club after less than a month in the job.[12]

Squealing pig
18-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Don't believe this.

Radio maybe made it up eh lol

Hermit Crab
18-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Wouldnt be be the first time. Ask yourself who the radios source is. We've got guys more in the know than the radio presenters.

lucky
18-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I would be chuffed if he got the gig

KDY Hibs
18-06-2014, 06:05 PM

I would rather Jimmy Calderwood before many of the names getting mentioned with the Job but appreciate I'm in the minority!

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Who said on the radio? Hibs won't have released any names. Would completely go against what Leeann has said we're looking for

Lago
18-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Underwhelming if true, certainly wont move season tickets.

Hermit Crab
18-06-2014, 06:08 PM

What will then?

emerald green
18-06-2014, 06:08 PM
This is a joke surely? Just naw.

3pm
18-06-2014, 06:09 PM

De Graafschap
Calderwood was appointed manager of De Graafschap in January 2014.[11] He left the club after less than a month in the job.[12]

It was chilly.

Squealing pig
18-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Nay joke , had enough jokes posted on this site for one week,

bingo70
18-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Done a good job wherever he's been.

Only an excuse taking the piss out of his character has effectively ruined his career as he's been turned into a laughing stock.

Not that I want him to get the job of course.

vanNISHtelroy
18-06-2014, 06:29 PM
After some of the stuff that went on with him and Ryan O'Leary, don't want to see Calderwood get another job

mjhibby
It doesn't matter who we appoint I can't see every hibs fan agreeing with the appointment. Fwiw I wouldn't mind calderwood at all as long as we look at Murray long term. McCall would be great but will probably be someone nobody's heard of.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
After some of the stuff that went on with him and Ryan O'Leary, don't want to see Calderwood get another job

What happened?

Brightside
18-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Some right guff people posting on this now. Not mentioned on any of the news sites.

sadtom
18-06-2014, 06:35 PM
FFS! Nooooooooooooo!
Sticking 6 up front for the last 10 minutes when you are losing does not make you a football genius!

matty_f
18-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't think I could face another Calderwood at Hibs. The sheer thought of it gives me the hibby jeebies.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Jimmy Calderwood has a better record than most of the names we are banding about.

Baader
18-06-2014, 06:37 PM
To appoint one Calderwood was misfortune. Two would be carelessness...

iwasthere1972
18-06-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't think I could face another Calderwood at Hibs. The sheer thought of it gives me the hibby jeebies.

:agree: One Calderwood was a mistake. Two Calderwood's just plain daft.

Fingers crossed it's not him. Personally can't see it myself.

nribs
18-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Jimmy Calderwood has a better record than most of the names we are banding about.

I don't doubt he does but remember the money he had at Dunfermline? He was able to offer more money to Brewster than Hibs could. Not sure how good he was at Aberdeen? And he did well to save Killie from relegation but you have to wonder why he didn't get the gig permatanly :)

brog
18-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Quite possibly, which programme was it on? Still nothing on any other sites.

Squealing pig
18-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Radio Clyde , good station but don't know how good they r with hibs info

neil7908
18-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Please no...

iwasthere1972
18-06-2014, 06:50 PM
It was on Radio Ga Ga.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't doubt he does but remember the money he had at Dunfermline? He was able to offer more money to Brewster than Hibs could. Not sure how good he was at Aberdeen? And he did well to save Killie from relegation but you have to wonder why he didn't get the gig permatanly :)

He took Aberdeen into the group stages of the Europa league beating Dnipro on the way.

vanNISHtelroy
18-06-2014, 07:07 PM
What happened?

"Dressing-rooms turned into the loneliest places in world for me
Every football coach the world over will have a Ryan O’Leary in their squad.

The problem is most won’t realise it.

Today O’Leary opens his heart to SunSport on 13 years of torment, as he’s grappled with depression in an industry where only the ‘strong’ survive.

The dressing room is meant to be a sacred place, where a player feels most at home.
Instead former Scotland Under-21 cap O’Leary felt like a square peg in a round hole — the outsider who just didn’t fit in.
The 25-year-old can trace his demons back to the age of 12. He recalled: “I tried to quit at that stage.

“I remember thinking that I didn’t want to play, that everyone would think I was hopeless. Even at that age I felt the burden of being judged all the time. I always loved the game but the joy was sucked out of it “I was struggling with growing pains and had to take time out of the game.
“I start to play golf, just to keep ticking over, and I had a handicap of two.
“I met someone who wanted to sponsor me with the aim of going professional and I always wondered whether I’d have been better in an individual sport. At least then I’d only be letting myself down.”

He persevered and became one to watch after gate-crashing Aberdeen’s first-team at 16 under Steve Paterson, but his sacking led to a dark downward spiral.

He added: “I just felt so far from home in Glasgow. Between that and my successive shoulder injuries, my problems were simply exacerbated. Steve Paterson’s replacement, Jimmy Calderwood, made it clear that he thought I was soft.

“At this point I hated life and I turned down a new three-year deal. His response was to freeze me out of the team at all levels.

“He even held a team meeting — in front of all the players — to tell everyone that they should steer clear of me, that I would be out of the game within 18 months because my attitude was so bad.”

Having toughed out the remainder of his deal, O’Leary was still a man in demand but not even an offer from Arsenal could save him from his slump. He said: The thought of Arsenal terrified me, thinking about how good the other players would be compared to me. I felt physically sick.
“I went on holiday to Italy with a friend and played in a game of fives out there, just between locals, and was terrible. That night I went back to my friend’s house and broke down. I felt hopeless and helpless.”

Kilmarnock eventually won the race to revive O’Leary’s career but the awkwardness remained for him.

He said: “Some of the Kilmarnock youth players heard I was on good money and they’d go into my toilet bag looking for my payslip behind my back.

“I saw various sports psychologists but they had no effect on me. I told my parents I wanted out and, pressure off, I played really well in my next game.

“Beforehand, as I went to say goodbye to dad, I noticed he was teary-eyed, which mum said the next day she’d only ever seen happen once before. Seeing him like that broke me and I felt I couldn’t throw in the towel.

“I had to keep going for him, to repay him for everything he’d done.”

Spurred on by that, O’Leary soon established himself as a polished first-team player. A call-up up to the Scotland Under-20 World Cup squad in 2007 boosted fragile confidence levels, albeit temporarily.

He added: “It was a great group but, again, I felt out of place. I think people had a false impression of me as a private schoolboy with lots of money.”

Injuries, both niggling and serious, derailed his progress, as did Calderwood’s arrival as Jim Jefferies’ replacement.

He said: “It was just like it was up at Aberdeen.

“Within a day of arriving, he simply bombed me out with no explanation.

“One day he threw his whistle at me and said to take the boys for a warm-up, so I could ‘at least earn’ my wages.
“I finished the season on loan at Dundee. The Killie chairman offered me a four-year deal but I couldn’t handle it any more.”
Instead he took nine months out.

He said: “I did some modelling work and I also worked for my dad’s cleaning company.
“The staff there would ask who in their right mind would pick scrubbing toilets over the SPL but I was far happier.”

The football bug got the better of him in the end and, after a training stint, Killie were happy to welcome him back with open arms.
Initially things looked to be on the up but the refusal to sign an extended contract led to Kenny Shiels freezing him out.
Those football issues paled into insignificance next to the personal problems that resurfaced.

After years of clinging on, it was time to seek help.

O’Leary said: “My agent, Grant Smith, recommended an American psychologist to me. I saw her a few times and got really upset in an exercise when I had to talk positively about myself.

“She said that I should go and see a doctor.

“Days later, after spending time with my girlfriend, I broke down for no reason, and I phoned my mum while I was uncontrollably crying.
“We both agreed I should call the doctor.”

He’s taken medication ever since. He has his good days. He has his bad days.

The admissions in today’s SunSport will stun even those closest to him, never mind the punters who reckon he has it all — the Jude Law lookalike with the gorgeous girlfriend.

Depression, however, has no respect for status.

It simply hits you with two feet, studs up."

Beloved chairman MJ refused to sanction extended deals for Sandy Clark and Jimmy Nic, saying it was one or the other...Calderwood left and we got Mixu! :thumbsup:

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 07:07 PM

Has done well with limited resources in Hollands 2nd tier. Also plays attacking football, something which we havent see at Easter Road for a long time. I will concede his appearance doesn't help him.

Heisenberg
18-06-2014, 07:14 PM
No chance he'll get it.

Iggy Pope
18-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Wouldnt be be the first time. Ask yourself who the radios source is. We've got guys more in the know than the radio presenters.

No we don't. The more I read on here the less I comprehend.

Libby Hibby
18-06-2014, 07:22 PM

What station?

Alfred E Newman
18-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Always liked Jimmy. Less of a risk than some of the names mentioned but too late now for him I think.

Ozyhibby
18-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Calderwood was appointed the Aberdeen job the same time as Mowbray got the Hibs job. By the time Mowbray left 2 and a bit years later Calderwood had amassed more points for Aberdeen than Mowbray for Hibs.
Add in a last 16 in Europa cup against Bayern, beating Dnipro on the way and you have a manager more successful than any we have had for a long time.

nribs
18-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Calderwood was appointed the Aberdeen job the same time as Mowbray got the Hibs job. By the time Mowbray left 2 and a bit years later Calderwood had amassed more points for Aberdeen than Mowbray for Hibs.
Add in a last 16 in Europa cup against Bayern, beating Dnipro on the way and you have a manager more successful than any we have had for a long time.

Not arguing about that but stats are funny. Wiki would suggest TM had a better win rate at Easter Road than JC at Aberdeen. Also does anyone know money spent wage bill etc. How many young guys did JC blood? I'm not anti JC btw.

Greencore
18-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Lol he'd resign o'connor to get tan tips

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2014, 08:17 PM

Its that word again... Do folks use it in any other context other than teenage whinging or managerial disenchantment?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2014, 08:21 PM

And yet after the pish they went through - Miller (A&W), Skovdhal, Pele!, Maghee, Porterfield, Hegarty they wanted rid and to think they protested Smithy must go! - the dude that won them stuff and took them to the last day with rangers needing a draw to win the league!!!

Hibernia Na Eir
18-06-2014, 08:25 PM
bump.
boom.
bump gums.
boom.
Please ***** NO!

Brightside
18-06-2014, 09:28 PM
wasn't on any radio station.

Squealing pig
18-06-2014, 09:29 PM
wasn't on any radio station.

U listen to them all at the same time? Now that's multi tasking

Brightside
18-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Clyde is owned by Bauer Holdings. They also own all the other main scottish radio stations. These stations share Sports news and Main news. Calderwood has not been mentioned on any of the reports on East coast radio stations. I can only think you were day dreaming as I'm sure you would just make it up... :aok:

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 09:39 PM

De Graafschap

:drunk:

Pretty Boy
18-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Done a good job wherever he's been.

Only an excuse taking the piss out of his character has effectively ruined his career as he's been turned into a laughing stock.

Not that I want him to get the job of course.

I actually wanted him to get the job when Calderwood of the Colin variety did.

Jimmy Calderwood has been a pretty good manager in most of his jobs, Aberdeen to Europe regularly and the Europa group stages and beyond, Dunfermilne to a Scottish Cup Final and Europe, kept both Killie and Ross County up when they were in a bad way. Both his Aberdeen and Dunfermilne teams played good football as well.

I don't think he's the man now but he deserves another good job in the game imo.

RIP Bestie
18-06-2014, 10:17 PM
I think he is probably exactly what we need right now. Can't fault his record and not as much of a gamble so any of the others who have been linked. I wouldn't be disappointed if he got the job

Speedway
18-06-2014, 11:01 PM
His win record from his time at the pars onward is 41%

Ozyhibby
19-06-2014, 12:26 AM
His win record from his time at the pars onward is 41%

Higher than Terry Butcher then?

Unseen work
19-06-2014, 05:28 AM
I would go off my head if he got the job

GloryGlory
19-06-2014, 07:06 AM

Ah, jeez! Gonnae no' dae that! You've spoiled ma breakfast, :greengrin

Beefster
19-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Its that word again... Do folks use it in any other context other than teenage whinging or managerial disenchantment?

Mrs Beefster uses it in another context.

Steve-O
19-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Higher than Terry Butcher then?

By about 20%...

TowerHibs
19-06-2014, 07:40 AM
I would go off my head if he got the job

Out of interest why?

Going by this and other threads, People will lose the plot with Calderwood who is experienced, less of a gamble, knows the club kind of, good coach in Scotland and abroad, decent contacts and we can see what he has done before

Then the next extreme

Stubbs, under welled, a gamble, doesn't know the club but refreshing, good name, surely has contacts.

Are people willing to accept anyone that's not Jose Mourinho? think we should all settle down and get right behind who ever gets the job and whatever players he chooses to bring in. Sick of small fractions of the support already made decisions about the club before anything has happened.

The_Todd
19-06-2014, 07:50 AM
It's become trendy to dislike Jimmy Calderwood, while I've been advocating his appointment everytime we've had a vacancy since Yogi left.

I bet if he changed his name to Jose Calderwoodinho this place would be delighted, though.

nribs
19-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Still no confirmation from anyone else this. Was actually reported on the radio?

Coco Bryce
19-06-2014, 07:56 AM
I met Calderwood in Majorca a few weeks back. Was in his company a couple of nights. Good lad, loves football and is desperate to get back into the game.

Steve-O
19-06-2014, 08:00 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00965/caldo_280x390_965761a.jpg

Turkish Green
19-06-2014, 08:01 AM
The very name "CALDERWOOD" brings shivers to my spine. There would have to be a heck of a lot of Sunshine on Leith to keep Jimmy's permatan topped up.

allezsauzee
19-06-2014, 08:09 AM
I do find it a bit strange that Jimmy Calderwood hasn't really had a settled job since 2009. If you look at his record from 1999-2009 it's pretty decent. He's a positive character too which is definitely something we need at Easter Road

California-Hibs
19-06-2014, 08:20 AM
I'd be all for him, the abide he receives is a joke, his record speaks for itself. Far more experienced than almost every manager that's been linked to us so far!

TowerHibs
19-06-2014, 08:24 AM
It's become trendy to dislike Jimmy Calderwood, while I've been advocating his appointment everytime we've had a vacancy since Yogi left.

I bet if he changed his name to Jose Calderwoodinho this place would be delighted, though.

I'm the same, think he would be a decent appointment and ticks more boxes than the other names floating about.

easty
19-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Out of interest why?

Going by this and other threads, People will lose the plot with Calderwood who is experienced, less of a gamble, knows the club kind of, good coach in Scotland and abroad, decent contacts and we can see what he has done before

Then the next extreme

Stubbs, under welled, a gamble, doesn't know the club but refreshing, good name, surely has contacts.

Are people willing to accept anyone that's not Jose Mourinho? think we should all settle down and get right behind who ever gets the job and whatever players he chooses to bring in. Sick of small fractions of the support already made decisions about the club before anything has happened.

Good for you, I'm sick of the small faction who would advocate Jimmy Calderwood. He'll no get the job and I'm glad about that.

Done well at Aberdeen, aye but he done so by spending a load of money. At Ross County he signed up his son as a coach and used to just let him take the training, cos he couldn't be arsed to turn up. I don't like the stuff that went on with Ryan O'Leary at Killie either.

He's managing who just now exactly? Cos if you went by some people on this threads chat, you'd think he must be at some really good club. Rate of manager turnover in Scotland, whys he not been offered work here? Must be cos it's fashionable not to like him.

TowerHibs
19-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Good for you, I'm sick of the small faction who would advocate Jimmy Calderwood. He'll no get the job and I'm glad about that.

Done well at Aberdeen, aye but he done so by spending a load of money. At Ross County he signed up his son as a coach and used to just let him take the training, cos he couldn't be arsed to turn up. I don't like the stuff that went on with Ryan O'Leary at Killie either.

He's managing who just now exactly? Cos if you went by some people on this threads chat, you'd think he must be at some really good club. Rate of manager turnover in Scotland, whys he not been offered work here? Must be cos it's fashionable not to like him.

You got the painters in or something. It was my opinion. Who is/has Stubbs managed? Who is/has Venus managed? Who is/has Jonathan Hill managed? What does that have to do with it.

Ryan O'Leary, i wouldn't know about him if you hadn't mentioned it. I would also suggest every manager has had run in and personal fall out with players so no big reason. Mancini at Man City treated Craig Bellemy shockingly because he wouldn't do double sessions because of his dodgy knee. That make him a bad manager because he has not adapted to one player??? You're obsession with the Ryan O'Leary situation is baffling, how many hundreds of players has Calderwood managed and how many came out with shocking stories like that. Also, he couldnt be arsed turning up for training, where do you get this stuff from??? Martin O'Neill went in on a Monday and came back on a Friday....so what

I also was not advocating Calderwood. I was only making the point that some people are set against Calderwood yet he has everything that the same people are worried that Stubbs is lacking. Also, regarding the money he spent at Aberdeen. It is not him who sings the cheques. Every manager under the sun would spend money if the directors sanctioned it. Utter tosh that its the manager. If it's not there, then it shouldn't be sanctioned by those who sign the cheques.

We could do a lot worse than Calderwood but there are plenty of other fish in the sea

jacomo
19-06-2014, 09:22 AM

Dunno, but people are either underwhelmed or overwhelmed. No one is ever just whelmed by something.

'Hey Joe, how's the new job?'

'Whelming. Exactly as I thought it would be.'

easty
19-06-2014, 09:48 AM
You got the painters in or something. It was my opinion. Who is/has Stubbs managed? Who is/has Venus managed? Who is/has Jonathan Hill managed? What does that have to do with it.

Ryan O'Leary, i wouldn't know about him if you hadn't mentioned it. I would also suggest every manager has had run in and personal fall out with players so no big reason. Mancini at Man City treated Craig Bellemy shockingly because he wouldn't do double sessions because of his dodgy knee. That make him a bad manager because he has not adapted to one player??? You're obsession with the Ryan O'Leary situation is baffling, how many hundreds of players has Calderwood managed and how many came out with shocking stories like that. Also, he couldnt be arsed turning up for training, where do you get this stuff from??? Martin O'Neill went in on a Monday and came back on a Friday....so what

I also was not advocating Calderwood. I was only making the point that some people are set against Calderwood yet he has everything that the same people are worried that Stubbs is lacking. Also, regarding the money he spent at Aberdeen. It is not him who sings the cheques. Every manager under the sun would spend money if the directors sanctioned it. Utter tosh that its the manager. If it's not there, then it shouldn't be sanctioned by those who sign the cheques.

We could do a lot worse than Calderwood but there are plenty of other fish in the sea

Wasn't really just aimed at you. Was out at a wedding all day yesterday, so catching up on .net this morning and seeing Jimmy Calderwoods name really started me off! My periods not til next week.

Thecat23
19-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Calderwood is a huge drinker. It's no surprise he hadn't got a job or been back in Scotland. Everyone knows what he's like and his attitude isn't great either.

So to those who think "it's become the born to dislike him" that's my reasons. Not because it's trendy! The man is an ******** plain and simple!!!

Brightside
19-06-2014, 11:33 AM
3 pages about someone who has not even been considered for the post! I might start a Janette Krankie Interviewed thread!

nribs
19-06-2014, 11:39 AM
3 pages about someone who has not even been considered for the post! I might start a Janette Krankie Interviewed thread!

Now that would be swinging.

HKhibby
19-06-2014, 11:42 AM

Yes second that...Please Not!!

PeeJay
19-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Calderwood is a huge drinker. It's no surprise he hadn't got a job or been back in Scotland. Everyone knows what he's like and his attitude isn't great either.

So to those who think "it's become the born to dislike him" that's my reasons. Not because it's trendy! The man is an ******** plain and simple!!!

Is this really wise on your part? You don't seem to be concerned about any libel issues that may come your way, considering how easy it is to find out who you are, I would be uneasy about that - maybe you just don't care, but perhaps you should consider editing your post?

Thecat23
19-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I'll not be editing my post PeeJay. On the grounds it's true.

I don't like him and don't want him near Hibs. If someone wants to report it I'm fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Every time we have a vacancy we fill it with a failure, whilst overlooking Calderwood. But he fact that we also do the second proves that we at least get some things right.

I say this with a heavy heart as he's actually a very nice chap, but Calderwood is a dinosaur from another era of Scottish football and exemplifies the very worst of it.

So let's not have him anywhere near ER.

Crazyhorse
19-06-2014, 12:19 PM

That would be fandabidozi!

PeeJay
19-06-2014, 12:27 PM
I'll not be editing my post PeeJay. On the grounds it's true.

I don't like him and don't want him near Hibs. If someone wants to report it I'm fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough - not too keen on him as manager either TBH ...

TowerHibs
19-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Every time we have a vacancy we fill it with a failure, whilst overlooking Calderwood. But he fact that we also do the second proves that we at least get some things right.

I say this with a heavy heart as he's actually a very nice chap, but Calderwood is a dinosaur from another era of Scottish football and exemplifies the very worst of it.

So let's not have him anywhere near ER.

I think Calderwood also questioned Petrie when Collins and Hughes left.

Think on Sportsound a few years ago he openly said that Rod gets involved and not an ideal place for a manager to work

NOLA
19-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Probably a safe appointment, wouldn't get poached by bigger clubs if he did well either ;)

.Sean.
19-06-2014, 07:48 PM
I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we appointed Jimmy Calderwood. I wanted him to get the job when Yogi did.