PDA

View Full Version : Betting suspended.

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Sky bet have suspended the market, is an appointment imminent?. Are we going to get a shocker?.

Peevemor
18-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Sky bet have suspended the market, is an appointment imminent?. Are we going to get a shocker?.

Apparently a group of women going by the names of Lianne, Leeann, Leanne, Leann & Leeanne have been putting loads of dosh on the same person. :agree:

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Apparently a group of women going by the names of Lianne, Leeann, Leanne, Leann & Leeanne have been putting loads of dosh on the same person. :agree:

I've heard it's Richard.

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Excellent.. swells the transfer kitty! :cb:

mglancy23
18-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Who was the favourite before betting was suspended?

Haymaker
18-06-2014, 12:12 PM

McCall I believe

Apparently not!

bigwheel
Bookies think it's Stubbs ....he moved to odds on before suspension

lord bunberry

Stubbs

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 12:13 PM

It's was fluctuating a lot in the past hours. McCall, Murray and Stubbs have all been favourite at one time since around 11ish.

mglancy23
18-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Cheers

seanshow
18-06-2014, 12:17 PM
now we have stubbs as favourite

lord bunberry
18-06-2014, 12:19 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kYqWP3IG2IoJ:www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian/next-permanent-manager+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=ms-opera-mobile

now we have stubbs as fav
Those odds are no longer available

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 12:20 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kYqWP3IG2IoJ:www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian/next-permanent-manager+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=ms-opera-mobile

now we have stubbs as fav

The markets still suspended on SkyBet

hibs4thecup1988
18-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Those odds are no longer available

It is a cache so it is a screenshot of a previous page.

Just to show who was favourite. That was at 9.24am this morning.

As someone has previously said Stubbs, McCall and Venus have all been favs at one point this morning.

I still firmly believe it will be Friday morning something is decided

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 12:22 PM
It is a cache so it is a screenshot of a previous page.

Just to show who was favourite. That was at 9.24am this morning.

As someone has previously said Stubbs, McCall and Venus have all been favs at one point this morning.

I still firmly believe it will be Friday morning something is decided

This. Someone should still be out on the look out at Easter Road today tho!.

SteveHFC
18-06-2014, 12:22 PM
This. Someone should still be out on the look out at Easter Road today tho!.

I'm heading down to Meadowbank in a bit but i can pop around to have a look :greengrin

cat1875
18-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Stubbs was 1/3 at around 12.45 when it was suspended Venus was out to 11/2

hibs4thecup1988
18-06-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm heading down to Meadowbank in a bit but i can pop around to have a look :greengrin

Remember your notepad, felt tip pen and reporting glasses :greengrin

roryg
18-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Is it gonna be Stubbs .?

nribs
18-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Who knows? Dont even expect an announcement today.

Dan Sarf
18-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Is it gonna be Stubbs .?

No news in the Scotsman's Rumour Mill as yet. Will check again next month.

nribs
18-06-2014, 12:39 PM
"@Oddschecker: Next Hibs manager market suspended after Alan Stubbs gets cut to odds-on this morning #HFC http://t.co/7LNoG4L93A http://t.co/Gz32rNJUQO"

NOLA
18-06-2014, 12:46 PM
bookies wouldnt suspend the betting for no reason, fitba folk ken whits going on :agree:

nribs
18-06-2014, 12:51 PM
bookies wouldnt suspend the betting for no reason, fitba folk ken whits going on :agree:

I was told of Celtic folk in the work that betting was suspended on the Celtic job as Larson was a stick on. Not sure if it was ever suspended though??

SMAXXA
18-06-2014, 12:53 PM
No news in the Scotsman's Rumour Mill as yet. Will check again next month.

Will then appear on the official site 3 weeks after that :wink:

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 12:55 PM

Maybe you could have a look if there's any potential Managers in the Hibs Shop, trying on Ties.

:wink:

roryg
18-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Looks like Stuart McCall has defo got the job. Good luck to him

marti1875
18-06-2014, 01:01 PM

:confused: And just how do you get that conclusion?? Betting was suspended only when Alan Stubbs went massively odds on to be our next manager??

nribs
18-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Eh?

roryg
18-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Unsubstantiated. Just heard from a pal.

Pray4Marc
McCall, Stubbs, Murray and Venus have all been favourite this morning. Could simply be bookmakers trading, playing games to draw mug punters in.

Greenworld
Yea good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

marti1875
18-06-2014, 01:05 PM
McCall, Stubbs, Murray and Venus have all been favourite this morning. Could simply be bookmakers trading, playing games to draw mug punters in.

:confused: Well seeing betting has seemingly been suspended (ie: no bets can be placed) i find that very hard to believe as must how could they draw "mug punters" in....when they cannot even bet?

silverhibee
18-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Remember your notepad, felt tip pen and reporting glasses :greengrin

So you can draw some pictures :greengrin

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 01:06 PM
:confused: Well seeing betting has seemingly been suspended (ie: no bets can be placed) i find that very hard to believe as must how could they draw "mug punters" in....when they cannot even bet?

Iam talking about what has happened through out the morning. The market has been fluctuating.

marti1875
18-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Iam talking about what has happened through out the morning. The market has been fluctuating.

Yes, but it's not just been today though, the last couple of days it has kept fluctuating, quite a bit in some cases. I still don't get what you mean by bookies playing a game to pull mug punters in when the so called mug punters can't even have a punt in the first place due to the betting being suspended?

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Yes, but it's not just been today though, the last couple of days it has kept fluctuating, quite a bit in some cases. I still don't get what you mean by bookies playing a game to pull mug punters in when the so called mug punters can't even have a punt in the first place due to the betting being suspended?

I dont get what you mean by "so called mug punters can't even have a punt in the first place due to the betting being suspended?" Of course people cant bet when the market is suspended and in my previous posts I have said nothing of the sort or anything close to this.

My mention of mug punters is that if they see a favourite or something being cut in the market, they automatically believe this is genuine and try to "get on" What iam saying is that we really dont have a clue what is being backed or in reality who has been spoken too.

JimBHibees
18-06-2014, 01:29 PM
They will only suspend the market when they get a large number of people trying to bet large on one person especially if from the same area e.g Liverpool in this case.

Sounds like Stubbs will be the new manager. Good luck to the guy certainly showed massive courage in overcoming his battle with cancer and remember him being quite moved when he got a standing ovation at ER from Hibs fans on his first game back.

marti1875
18-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I dont get what you mean by "so called mug punters can't even have a punt in the first place due to the betting being suspended?" Of course people cant bet when the market is suspended and in my previous posts I have said nothing of the sort or anything close to this.

My mention of mug punters is that if they see a favourite or something being cut in the market, they automatically believe this is genuine and try to "get on" What iam saying is that we really dont have a clue what is being backed or in reality who has been spoken too.

Well sorry, i've obviously picked you up wrong :wink: It was just that the thread topic is "betting suspended" and seeing it was you who started the thread i just thought that's what you were on about....the betting being suspended, hence my comment about how can the bookies draw punters in when the betting's suspended.

Now i see you are not talking about the betting being suspended, you're on about BEFORE the betting was suspended where, to be honest it's quite obvious as that's the main part of a bookies job...to lure punters in with attractive prices.... Glad we've cleared that up now, :greengrin:greengrin

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Well sorry, i've obviously picked you up wrong :wink: It was just that the thread topic is "betting suspended" and seeing it was you who started the thread i just thought that's what you were on about....the betting being suspended, hence my comment about how can the bookies draw punters in when the betting's suspended.

Now i see you are not talking about the betting being suspended, you're on about BEFORE the betting was suspended where, to be honest it's quite obvious as that's the main part of a bookies job...to lure punters in with attractive prices.... Glad we've cleared that up now, :greengrin:greengrin

Iam glad we are on the same wave length now #Pleasing

Who are your millions on?

Turkish Green
18-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Unsubstantiated. Just heard from a pal.
Is your pal ITK*

(* = In The Khazi)

marti1875
18-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Iam glad we are on the same wave length now #Pleasing

Who are your millions on?

Judging by the way the odds have been up n down more times than a hookers knickers i have absolutely no idea who i would put money on :greengrin

roryg
18-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Well connected

lapsedhibee
18-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Well connected

You're saying McCall then (as Stubbsy's got no links with the Muthas)?