PDA

View Full Version : Stop Faffing about ..name Stuart McCall as Boss!

Moon unit
18-06-2014, 09:30 AM
If we don't go the Dutch route...preferred option!
Name McCall as boss..we don't have time to fanny about...just do it!

banarc7062
18-06-2014, 09:35 AM
They say it's all about opinions, however, i do not agree with yours.

keep the faith
It's not as easy as that mate. I still have real concerns around his haircut. It's just not hibs class.

GlasgowHibee

And what if he doesn't want to be Hibs boss, do we still just name him anyways?

:faf:

nribs
18-06-2014, 09:36 AM

What Dutch route? Who's preffered option?

scuttle
18-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Not going to happen IMHO. Looks like we are going down the cheap route with an other unproven manager with no track record, a risk we really cant take at the moment. We need someone to get us out of this league at the first attempt. Despite the initial optimism of LD the names being linked and the players deserve a second chance statement ,looks like we are reverting to type.

franck sauzee
18-06-2014, 09:39 AM

Jimmy floyd hasselbaink

nribs
18-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Jimmy floyd hasselbaink

So seriously that's the Dutch route JFH?. So him or McCall?

Onion
18-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Not going to happen IMHO. Looks like we are going down the cheap route with an other unproven manager with no track record, a risk we really cant take at the moment. We need someone to get us out of this league at the first attempt. Despite the initial optimism of LD the names being linked and the players deserve a second chance statement ,looks like we are reverting to type.

I hope we get McCall but fear you might be right. The other reason for appointing an unproven manager is they are much less demanding when it comes to players and funds. McCall will want assurances that the Board will support his top player picks and show ambition beyond the Champ. An up and coming man will be grateful for the scraps of Petrie's table :wink:

Hermit Crab
18-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Why him? Because of his record? Like butchers?

SMAXXA
18-06-2014, 10:02 AM
I hope we get McCall but fear you might be right. The other reason for appointing an unproven manager is they are much less demanding when it comes to players and funds. McCall will want assurances that the Board will support his top player picks and show ambition beyond the Champ. An up and coming man will be grateful for the scraps of Petrie's table :wink:

Don't agree, I don't think the club can afford a less demanding manager as there's as much pressure on them getting it right and getting out this league as there ever has or will be IMO. They need the comfort that they are eye tying the very right person and not just the cheap option as you say. Plus butcher wasn't a cheap option.

Turkish Green
18-06-2014, 10:03 AM

Who died and made you king?

SMAXXA
18-06-2014, 10:05 AM

so in effect we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't. Go with a proven experienced manager or a younger unproven less experienced......we as a club have proven neither can work if you appoint the wrong man.

majorhibs
18-06-2014, 10:24 AM

Were you not one of the very few butcher apologists wanting him to be given more time? Butcher was a dud before Hibs.

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Jimmy floyd hasselbaink

How many Dutch Caps does he have?

Scottie
18-06-2014, 10:31 AM
23 Dutch caps according to Wikipedia

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 10:33 AM
23 Dutch caps according to Wikipedia

.....and how many times has he played for Holland?

Thecat23
18-06-2014, 10:36 AM

His record unlike TB is pretty good. Look at the league finishes and how he has well playing.

Scottie
18-06-2014, 10:37 AM
.....and how many times has he played for Holland?
Trick question ?

according to Wikipedia JFH has played for Holland 23 times. Mind you he could have given a few away. :wink:

Greenworld
18-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Of course we just name him nothing to do with him

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

MG1965
18-06-2014, 10:40 AM

Totally back scuttle on this!!!

Newcastlehibby
18-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Trick question ?

according to Wikipedia JFH has played for Holland 23 times

Whoosh. :greengrin

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Trick question ?

according to Wikipedia JFH has played for Holland 23 times

Sorry, it's a really old joke....

Maybe you have to be my age to know the other meaning of Dutch Caps :greengrin

Whoosh. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

Exactly! :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
18-06-2014, 10:43 AM

I heard that he once played in the Dalkon Shield.

Scottie
18-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Exactly! :greengrin

Whoosh. :greengrin
Whoosh.
You got me. Just google'd it. :aok:
Still sticking to my 23 ( a month ) :na na:

Must be a lot younger than you you auld bassa :greengrin

HappyAsHellas
18-06-2014, 10:47 AM
We have a new CEO who is possibly wondering what the hell she has signed up for in coming to Hibs. It looks like she is taking her time to make sure she gets someone she can work with, and with a similar vision to bring the club forward. It may well be that we get an untried manager, but one who wants to concentrate on quality and youth - something most fans seem to agree with ( my opinion only ). I think she's making sure she gets it right at the first attempt, and if that takes an extra couple of days it's fine with me. I'm actually finding myself looking forward to the new season for a change. Blind optimism possibly, but calling everything penny pinching at this stage is just futile.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 10:50 AM

Someone posted his record at Motherwell is 6th 3rd 2nd and 2nd. Whats Butchers record in Scotland?

Vini1875
18-06-2014, 11:03 AM
I, like many, don't believe it will be McCall. Possibly he might have come if we were still in the SPFL. Hibs in the championship may not be the challenge he is looking for. If he has taken Motherwell as far as he can, he will want to step up. My guess would be he is waiting for the huns or a job in England.

Dan Sarf
18-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Someone posted his record at Motherwell is 6th 3rd 2nd and 2nd. Whats Butchers record in Scotland?

The Laughing Policeman?

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-06-2014, 11:16 AM

Like we did with Butcher? He cost a fair amount.

On the point about unproven managers:
Mowbray - relative success
Collins - cup success
Mixu (some experience) - relative success (top half table)
Hughes (experienced) - relative success (top half table)
Calderwood - good coach, bad manager
Fenlon (experienced)- proven in Ireland
Butcher (experienced) - proven with ICT

So we've had a mixed bag before of proven/unproven.

It's not an exact science!

Sioux
18-06-2014, 11:25 AM

Who is this manager that will get us out of the league at the first attempt?

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Whoosh.
You got me. Just google'd it. :aok:
Still sticking to my 23 ( a month ) :na na:

Must be a lot younger than you you auld bassa :greengrin

Obviously

:greengrin

Newcastlehibby
18-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Totally back scuttle on this!!!

What you do in your own time is entirely your business. :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
18-06-2014, 12:50 PM

:tee hee:

jdships
18-06-2014, 01:13 PM
They say it's all about opinions, however, i do not agree with yours.

:agree::agree::thumbsup:

Moon unit
18-06-2014, 04:01 PM
It's not as easy as that mate. I still have real concerns around his haircut. It's just not hibs class.
Ha ha..Sure we could have a whip round for a cheap bowl from B & M's!..

Moon unit
18-06-2014, 04:05 PM
A...Dutch route!,never said Hibs had one lined up, ....but a pound to a penny Dutch coaches could get more value out of East Mains with players than we have for the 7 years or so!

nribs
18-06-2014, 04:10 PM
A...Dutch route!,never said Hibs had one lined up, ....but a pound to a penny Dutch coaches could get more value out of East Mains with players than we have for the 7 years or so!

So your preferred option. How about Spanish or German on Portuguese why just Dutch?

CropleyWasGod
18-06-2014, 04:11 PM

What's Edwin de Graaf up to these days?

SanFranHibs
18-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I would be underwhelmed if we appointed McCaLL, Murray or Venus. Not sure why and I certainly have not really kept up with the latters recent employment history.

I have said all along I would like to appoint someone with no previous at ER....however I am backtracking but only because I have been trying to work out what, in my opinion, would be best to get back to the top tier where we belong AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . I keep coming back to McCleish and Mowbray, the former of the two being my first choice, only because he has done it before and showed great imagination in assembling his team. I also like the fact that they done well v Hearts and Mowbray certainly was not scared of either The Rangers or Hearts.

I appreciate circumstances are not exactly the same as last time but a one year contract perhaps with a further one year option and laced with incentives to get us promoted.

That is all I am really thinking of....how to get back up.

Of course, their willingness, budgets etc..and other factors but I feel we need to get up poste haste.

The clock is ticking LD.......are you going to suprise us????

davidw
18-06-2014, 05:31 PM

And his accent. Really annoying and not Hibs class at all. Sort it out, Petrie (sorry, I mean Leeeeannnn)

Hermit Crab
18-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Were you not one of the very few butcher apologists wanting him to be given more time? Butcher was a dud before Hibs.

Butcher apologist? He should have given more time time. How long will the new man get. 6 months a year?

davidw
18-06-2014, 05:40 PM

And his accent. Really annoying and not Hibs class at all. Sort it out, Petrie (sorry, I mean Leeeeannnn)

bingo70
18-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Butcher apologist? He should have given more time time. How long will the new man get. 6 months a year?

Depends if the new man does well, ok or has an absolute ****ing disaster of butcher proportions.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Depends if the new man does well, ok or has an absolute ****ing disaster of butcher proportions.

:agree: Butcher was an absolute disaster for us, that mans tactics, substitutions and motivational skills relegated Hibs.

He should have been sacked weeks before he was, a complete disaster of an appointment by Petrie, but of course he's still hanging around giving off a bad smell. :rolleyes:

bingo70
18-06-2014, 06:59 PM
:agree: Butcher was an absolute disaster for us, that mans tactics, substitutions and motivational skills relegated Hibs.

He should have been sacked weeks before he was, a complete disaster of an appointment by Petrie, but of course he's still hanging around giving off a bad smell. :rolleyes:

Yup, I'm all for giving a manager time, but there has to be some short term accountability for results.

To answer the earlier question I'd give the new manager next season to build a team and if we don't get promoted at the first time of asking then so be it. The following season I'd demand promotion or he'd be sacked.

That said though If we're hovering about the bottom half of the league come Christmas time unfortunately it's time to make another change.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Can folks please come up with another alternative to "underwhelmed" it's getting tedious. Must be close one of the most overused word in football.

I think we need a reality check - yes we want winners and deserve better than we've had but remember Aberdeen's wilderness years? We need to draw a line (yet again!!!!) and back the manager whomever they are.

HibbyKeith
18-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Can folks please come up with another alternative to "underwhelmed" it's getting tedious.

Uninspired?

tamig
18-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Still think McCall has found his perfect fit at M'well - similar to Butcher at ICT. I really don't know if he could do it elsewhere - especially here where the expectation is a bit higher. He took over Motherwell when they were in a decent state. The new man has to build us from scratch. I don't think McCall could do that.

Moon unit
18-06-2014, 11:43 PM
So your preferred option. How about Spanish or German on Portuguese why just Dutch?
Due to their successful training techniques ,especially working with the young guys.
east mains could be a jewel of a place with the help of an experienced Dutch coaching team!

johnrebus
19-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Due to their successful training techniques ,especially working with the young guys.
east mains could be a jewel of a place with the help of an experienced Dutch coaching team!

Foreign coach for me.

McCall is a Hun, just waiting for Sally to get bhis jotters.

Lewis77
19-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Like we did with Butcher? He cost a fair amount.

On the point about unproven managers:
Mowbray - relative success
Collins - cup success
Mixu (some experience) - relative success (top half table)
Hughes (experienced) - relative success (top half table)
Calderwood - good coach, bad manager
Fenlon (experienced)- proven in Ireland
Butcher (experienced) - proven with ICT

So we've had a mixed bag before of proven/unproven.

It's not an exact science!

The problem we have is that we're trying to buy a porsche for £29 and a pack of polos'. Why not look towards South America or anywhere, why are we only looking in Scotland/Europe? We need to uncover something special but look like we'll end up with the same auld risk of a manager. I want someone who'll excite the club.

monktonharp
19-06-2014, 02:25 AM
What's Edwin de Graaf up to these days?shuffling between box, to box as usual

GlenrothesHibee
19-06-2014, 05:25 AM

90% of Hibs fans were delighted with Butchers appointment

heretoday
19-06-2014, 08:41 AM
And what if he doesn't want to be Hibs boss, do we still just name him anyways?

:faf:

Yes. He'll get used to the idea. Edinburgh is a much nicer place than Motherwell.

nribs
19-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Depends who you ask as I have seen on hibs.net 90% 95% and 99% of hibs fans were delighted and wanted him as manager. Someone is telling porkies :)

RIP Bestie
19-06-2014, 09:06 AM
And 98% were happy with his sacking

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-06-2014, 10:03 AM
The problem we have is that we're trying to buy a porsche for £29 and a pack of polos'. Why not look towards South America or anywhere, why are we only looking in Scotland/Europe? We need to uncover something special but look like we'll end up with the same auld risk of a manager. I want someone who'll excite the club.

Anything outwith Europe becomes a potential issue for work permits, an added complication and one I'd imagine would not be in scope for the search.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2014, 12:26 PM

100% of Hibs fans don't appoint the manager, and are not accountable for their success or failures.