PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: New Season Fixtures Announced

RSS Bot
18-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Campaign starts with Livingston at home

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140618/new-season-fixtures-announced_2262950_3913727)

O'Rourke3
18-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Who are Rangers?

TrinityHibs
18-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Every home game on a Saturday:thumbsup:

R11Loaded
18-06-2014, 08:48 AM
At least we have fixtures...

Now all we need is a manager, players, a kit and frank Sauzee

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Steve-O
18-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Every home game on a Saturday:thumbsup:

TV games not announced yet.

Sylar
18-06-2014, 09:02 AM
TV games not announced yet.

Is there a specific TV deal in place this year as of yet?

Not In The Know
18-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Well it goes without saying these fixtures were not decided by a computer.

TBH i don't think ours are that bad, if we are in the mix for the title come the end of the season we have a slightly better run in and The rangers v HOMFC play each other on the last day so if we win our game we will defiantly gain 2 points on one of them maybe even both.

Hearts on the other hand could not have got a more difficult start to the campaign. lol.

tartanhibee
18-06-2014, 09:55 AM
We play Dumbarton at home the same day Scotland play Georgia at ibrox.

Steve-O
18-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Is there a specific TV deal in place this year as of yet?

Not sure, but I think Alba definitely have games, 15 or so? Not sure what BT Sport / Sky are up to you yet though.

B.H.F.C
18-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Not sure, but I think Alba definitely have games, 15 or so? Not sure what BT Sport / Sky are up to you yet though.

Alba games are all Friday night I think.

DH1875
18-06-2014, 02:58 PM

BT's deal covers all the leagues not just the prem. That's why they had a few the rangers games last season. Our games againts them and the yams a certs to me moved for TV.

Makaveli
18-06-2014, 04:55 PM
The TV situation as it stands is this:

The deal struck when Rangers died specifically allows Sky/BT to show 15 of the newco's games -- no other non-Premiership matches are included.

Alba, meanwhile, can show 16 non-Premiership games that don't include the huns.

*Source (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-offers-3611512)* (Warning: it's the Record)

They'll probably agree something so Sky or BT can show the derbies. Whatever happens, we'll be on TV quite a lot.

Hermit Crab
18-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Good. At least we won't have to watch the Scotland game on TV with all the signing shortbread tins that go to the games. :wink:

Nevi_SOL
18-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I noticed Huns v mimi Huns last game of the season. Good decision IMO see who finishes runner up to the hibs.

SouthamptonHibs
18-06-2014, 06:28 PM

Easy choice watch Scotland. I don't think we'll be signing any international class players next season.
I'm sure Dumbarton will bring the game forward to 1pm so there's no clash

emerald green
18-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know how the fixture list is produced? Is it really random?

Gus Fring
18-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know how the fixture list is produced? Is it really random?

It's as random as it can be within pre-determined parameters.

Teams in the same city not playing at home on the same day (Hibs/Hearts, Dundee/Dundee Utd, Rangers/Celtic etc)

Hibs and Hearts always get a game as close to the 1st of January as possible also.

2 games each at home and away.

I think the limit is a minimum of 6 games between playing each other in the league again (not sure if this has changed)

I believe the SPFL can request certain other games to be played at certain times as well.

emerald green
18-06-2014, 07:08 PM

Teams in the same city not playing at home on the same day (Hibs/Hearts, Dundee/Dundee Utd, Rangers/Celtic etc)

Hibs and Hearts always get a game as close to the 1st of January as possible also.

I think the limit is a minimum of 6 games between playing each other in the league again (not sure if this has changed)

I believe the SPFL can request certain other games to be played at certain times as well.

Thanks for that. :aok:

Bristolhibby
18-06-2014, 07:53 PM

Like the OF not playing near a Scotland game. Pathetic.

J