PDA

View Full Version : For all the talk skybet have Stuart mcCall as fav

Greenworld
18-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Thought I would check out the odds this morning and Stuart mcall is 11/8 fav..wonder if its a case of I spoke to lots of other managers and decided that he is the one sorry Motherwell. .....I am saying this hopefully cause im not fancying lots of the other names..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Michael
18-06-2014, 07:16 AM
I still reckon the bookies don't know anything. He's the guy I'd want out of everyone, but why on earth would he come? I really can't see it.

18-06-2014, 07:24 AM
I would like McCall to come but can't for the life of me see why he would give up managing a side in Europe for us in the championship.

Moon unit
18-06-2014, 07:30 AM
I would like McCall to come but can't for the life of me see why he would give up managing a side in Europe for us in the championship.
Would u want Tam Cowans coupon hanging around you day in day oot!

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 07:35 AM

Too much is made about Europe, 1 home game and an away game is the norm clubs like Motherwell normally get.

chrisski33
18-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Too much is made about Europe, 1 home game and an away game is the norm clubs like Motherwell normally get.

Clubs like motherwell dont get hammered in these 1 home and 1 away game in Europe unlike us and have got to europe more than us recently.
Cant see mccall at hibs tbh

Ronniekirk
18-06-2014, 07:44 AM
I still reckon the bookies don't know anything. He's the guy I'd want out of everyone, but why on earth would he come? I really can't see it.
It's up to Leeann to persuade him .Agree it's now a hard sell though as he would only consider it if he thought he could bring us back up in one season and that's not a given .But money is getting tighter at well ,crowds are static and Europe doesn't bring any realistic chance of going more than a few games so he has done all that there.Maybe another good season would get him an offer down South or is he hoping for Rangers job next season have no idea . Hibs would certainly be a challenge and the new structure Leeann is creating is a chance for someone to come in fresh from the outset and help shape that However that's why Leeann might go for an Alan Stubbs type ,someone with ambition ,proven track record of coaching youth players and bringing them through ,but who has potential to be a good coach/manager but someone who will be here for three years as she knows we can't go on changing the manager every year or so it just destabilises the club and has led us to where we are now .
So it's a bright new future she is looking to but this appointment is Key and all the new plans and vision statements etc will count for nothing if she doesn't get this appointment right That's why it won't be rushed and her track record suggests she will get it right

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Clubs like motherwell dont get hammered in these 1 home and 1 away game in Europe unlike us and have got to europe more than us recently.

I never mentioned any score in my post, what i did say if you had read it properly was Europe is not the big pull some folk on here think it is.

FFS there was even some folk on here saying our game against Malmo was the equivalent to the old inertoto cup.

Its the challenge and size of club managers look at, and of course the money. Hibs are much more of a challenge, and have more untapped potential than Motherwell will ever have.

SON OF PADDY
18-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Would u want Tam Cowans coupon hanging around you day in day oot!

Brilliant !! LoL

Captain Trips
18-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Over a course of a whole season I think managing Hibs to come back up could be considered a very good challenge even for a manager one division up.

Captain Trips
18-06-2014, 08:22 AM
I never mentioned any score in my post, what i did say if you had read it properly was Europe is not the big pull some folk on here think it is.

FFS there was even some folk on here saying our game against Malmo was the equivalent to the old inertoto cup.

Its the challenge and size of club managers look at, and of course the money. Hibs are much more of a challenge, and have more untapped potential than Motherwell will ever have.

Exactly 1 or 2 games in Europe is not for me a strong reason to stay at a club, even taking Hearts and Rangers into it managing any 3 of these clubs next season and winning title would be a fantastic challenge.

Steve20
18-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Not a chance that McCall would drop a division to join a club that's in a total mess.

Scottie
18-06-2014, 08:30 AM

What would you do BH ?
Stay wi Motherwell wi your pipe and slippers wi no expectations or take the poisoned challis that is Hibernian and get your reputation totally smashed to pieces. :wink:

If he took the Hibs job at least he guaranteed to be out of work in less than 7-8 months on gardening leave with him staring early retirement straight in the puss :aok:

TowerHibs
18-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Think we need to remember that he is also one of Strachan's assistants on the national team - a role McCall is very passionate about and considers it an honour.

He is Strachans man up here and doubt he would be able to do this role while in the championship. He reports to Strachan about Premiership playes which allows Strachan to watch more of the players based in England

lord bunberry
18-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Thought I would check out the odds this morning and Stuart mcall is 11/8 fav..wonder if its a case of I spoke to lots of other managers and decided that he is the one sorry Motherwell. .....I am saying this hopefully cause im not fancying lots of the other names..

Alan Stubbs is even money favourite with skybet McCall is out to 3/1

nribs
18-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Think we need to remember that he is also one of Strachan's assistants on the national team - a role McCall is very passionate about and considers it an honour.

He is Strachans man up here and doubt he would be able to do this role while in the championship. He reports to Strachan about Premiership playes which allows Strachan to watch more of the players based in England

Mark McGhee could do that?

TowerHibs
18-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Mark McGhee could do that?

sure he still stays down south. Like i say, i'm sure i say an interview with Strachan saying that although he still watches games up here, he relies on McCall and other coaching staff to keep him UTD on players up here

Greenworld
18-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Spoil sport

legends of 73
18-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Latest odds on skybet

Next Permanent Hibernian Manager
Manager Specials

Next Permanent Manager
Alan Stubbs
4/7
Ian Murray
15/8
Mark Venus
4/1
Stuart McCall
11/2
Danny Lennon
6/1
Alex McLeish
16/1
Jonathan Hill
16/1
Tony Mowbray
16/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
18/1
Jonathan Woodgate
20/1

nribs
18-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Woodgate? Where did that come from? Definitely no thanks.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 09:22 AM
What would you do BH ?
Stay wi Motherwell wi your pipe and slippers wi no expectations or take the poisoned challis that is Hibernian and get your reputation totally smashed to pieces. :wink:

If he took the Hibs job at least he guaranteed to be out of work in less than 7-8 months on gardening leave with him staring early retirement straight in the puss :aok:

I'd take the job, the bigger job. If he has any ambition then he wont be at Motherwell for much longer, and with Hibs being a club who are bigger, and have much more potential, he might be interested.

We could be the club he'd fancy finally hitting that potential.

And if he did manage to get us doing well, bigger clubs than us would then become interested. Its the nature of the game.

We need a hungry manager, one who wants to better himself and the club he manages. If McCall fancies us, then i'm sure he'd get the job. If not then we have to find someone else.

FWIW, i dont think there are many managers out there who manage with their pipe and slippers on, you do them a disservice, it takes a decent amount of skill and hard work to get Motherwell to where they are today.

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Bookies Odds just reflect the amount of money people have put on certain candidates so far. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that in this instance.

brog
18-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Bookies Odds just reflect the amount of money people have put on certain candidates so far. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that in this instance.

Im afraid that ceased to be the case many years ago. Bookies odds now tend more to reflect their expectations (& therefore potential liability) rather than balancing their books.

southsider
18-06-2014, 10:00 AM
We need a new manager who will excite the fans and have them rushing to buy their st's. Hasn't Carlos Peyol not just retired ? We could take the cast off's from Barca

SeanWilson
18-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Im afraid that ceased to be the case many years ago. Bookies odds now tend more to reflect their expectations (& therefore potential liability) rather than balancing their books.

:agree:

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 10:11 AM

OK, fair enough, I'm obviously not as 'au fait' with Bookies Odds as your good self.

:wink:

Pray4Marc
18-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Alan Subbs 4/9 now. Market certainly fluctuating, IMO it's difficult to say if the market is genuine and bookmakers sky bet in this instance is trying to draw mug punters in.

Leithenhibby
18-06-2014, 10:20 AM

:rolleyes:

I'm old enough to differ..... Recent years have been very poor, but it's time to look forward :wink:

marti1875
18-06-2014, 10:24 AM

Not really. In hibs case the odds and favourites have been changing constantly, big changes at that and it's directly due to punters putting money on, nothing else.
All it takes is a couple of people to go and lump on one of the say 10/1 shots and you just watch how quick that price vanishes as the bookies panic.
Usually you get a clear favourite coming out due to leaked info in these instances.....but with this situation it's changing every day.

Like Alan Stubbs hadn't been me tioned really...suddenly it gets mentioned in one of the papers that he's "in the running" and some people go and throw money on him, resulting in the bookies cutting his odds.

It's changing way too many times just now which to me anyway, just my opinion says that the bookies have no idea whatsoever and are only going by what exact money comes in as opposed to having and actual information.

Geo_1875
18-06-2014, 10:24 AM

And yet McCall goes from 11/8 fav to 11/2. They must have heard he's pulled a muscle or something. Bookies know no more than any punter in these situations. You go in with your money and they give a price on any name you mention. If more people pick that name they'll cut the odds. It's 99% guesswork on their part.

Waxy
18-06-2014, 10:45 AM
The lure of European footie is not what it used to be for Scottish clubs. SM probably knows Well wont be in the Europa league long.

Turkish Green
18-06-2014, 10:47 AM
And yet McCall goes from 11/8 fav to 11/2. They must have heard he's pulled a muscle or something. Bookies know no more than any punter in these situations. You go in with your money and they give a price on any name you mention. If more people pick that name they'll cut the odds. It's 99% guesswork on their part.

Punters have read that Stubbs is in the frame and ran to the bookies to place their tenner on him. Bookies see that most of the bets (money) are now being placed on Stubbs so cut his odds.

Neither the Bookies nor the punters have a clue.

Lago
18-06-2014, 11:16 AM

Nor me, logically why would he drop a divison when if he has another good season and maybe a half decent European run clubs down south will be chasing him.

IWasThere2016
18-06-2014, 12:05 PM

Makes sense to me..

brog
18-06-2014, 12:17 PM

That really proves my point. If money moved SM into 11/8 then of course he may drift but not to 11/2 as the original liabilities would still be there. Realistically, the market on our next manager is going to be very small, the bookies are just changing odds based on info on here & other places only to ensure they don't get stung.