Expecting Rain
17-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Interested in the Hibs job.

Callum_62
17-06-2014, 11:24 PM
again?

Heisenberg
17-06-2014, 11:25 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/antonio-tapia-in-for-hibs-job-with-kenny-shiels-1-3448265?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Callum_62
17-06-2014, 11:37 PM
"Antonio Tapia, has applied for the manager’s job at Hibernian for the second time in seven months – and he wants to take Kenny Shiels to Easter Road as No 2 if he gets the job."

That'll go down well...

macd123
17-06-2014, 11:55 PM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/pillar-to-post-one-mans-struggle-to-bring-spanish-style-to-scotland-167534n.24484986

The_Horde
18-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Better with johnny tapia

Bronson
18-06-2014, 12:49 AM
He actually has quite an impressive CV, yet I'm struggling to be open-minded about the possibility.

Kenny Shiels as assistant again doesn't fill me with optimism yet he's won a cup as a manager.

Am i an eternal pessimist or does anyone else feel the same?

EdinMike
18-06-2014, 12:51 AM
"Antonio Tapia, has applied for the manager’s job at Hibernian for the second time in seven months – and he wants to take Kenny Shiels to Easter Road as No 2 if he gets the job."

That'll go down well...

Nooooooooooooo *#!£%

Speedway
18-06-2014, 01:48 AM
I'd rather have Antonio Murray.

TheFamous1875
18-06-2014, 01:55 AM
How would people feel about him if it was insisted that Boozy be his assistant?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Unseen work
18-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Weird how much he's being shot down when his record and people he has worked with is impressive

California-Hibs
18-06-2014, 04:10 AM
Would take this guy in a heart-beat!

''The 54-year-old Spaniard took newly-promoted Malaga to eighth place in La Liga in 2009. That success attracted offers from Newcastle United and QPR but he rejected them to take over at Real Betis.''

Someone who's managed Malaga and Real Betis and attracted English Premiership teams.

'Antonio believes in playing attractive, attacking football and in developing young players.'

Yes people, fits what we're been crying out for since Tony left us. I wouldn't mind seeing some young fast technically gifted Spanish players at Easter Road. I've always wanted us to go for a foreign manager and try something different!

Hibee_Dave
18-06-2014, 04:17 AM
Of course his agent is going to talk him up but reading that artical and the evening times one makes me think that he could be the 'something different' that we need. Plus he would be able to bring in a load of apparently technically gifted (remains to be seen) and cheap (we know how important that word is) which could be a breath of fresh air compared with the recent journeymen and loan signings.

Newcastle and QPR were interested and now we're in the Scottish lower leagues.....so it's a yes from me.

JON6207
18-06-2014, 04:42 AM
No thanks, Sacked just about everywhere he has been. Next!

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Antonio_Tapia

H13BYM
18-06-2014, 06:04 AM

He's had no longevity in his career only ever spends one year in a place. Board take note!

It's a no from me.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2014, 06:14 AM
He's had no longevity in his career only ever spends one year in a place. Board take note!

It's a no from me.

Correct no time for candidates that cannot offer the potential of some stability (whether that materialises or not remains to be seen but we shouldn't setup gigs with volatile characters or folks that can't stand the heat)

frazeHFC
18-06-2014, 07:33 AM

Mowbray has been sacked (or ushered out the door) everywhere he's been since Hibs. Would still love him back. Suppose some managers just hit the ground running.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 07:51 AM

It's a no from me.

Much like the Hibs managers. :greengrin

MrRobot
18-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Looks like he constantly gets sacked, no from me.

JDHibs
18-06-2014, 08:00 AM
**** me Jose Mourinho could get linked with us and still the fannies on here would say no.

Give the guy a break.

J-C
18-06-2014, 08:04 AM
No from me too, rather have Tapas

jonty
18-06-2014, 08:21 AM
good cv/references/experience = welcome to the hibs twilight zone where it all goes Pete Tong

SlickShoes
18-06-2014, 08:37 AM
good cv/references/experience = welcome to the hibs twilight zone where it all goes Pete Tong

His CV is honking, his last appointment he was sacked after 3 months.

SlickShoes
18-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Mowbray has been sacked (or ushered out the door) everywhere he's been since Hibs. Would still love him back. Suppose some managers just hit the ground running.

Mowbray has lasted longer than one year in most of his jobs though, this guy is a journeyman manager.

jacomo
18-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Looks like he constantly gets sacked, no from me.

Just about every coach working in Spain 'constantly gets sacked'. Not saying he is the man for us and considerable cultural adjustment to Scottish lower tier, but interesting option. Really not sure about Shiels as No.2 but who knows?

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I'd rather have Antonio Murray.

I'd rather have Antonio Banderas!

:wink:

nribs
18-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Are Hibs even interested? Sounds like him and his agent are just whoring him about hoping he might get a gig in Scotland or Britain.

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 09:54 AM
I'd rather have Antonio Banderas!

:wink:

I'd rather have Melanie Griffiths.

Stevie Reid
18-06-2014, 10:10 AM
I'd rather have Melanie Griffiths.

£150K

****ing Petrie :grr:

erin go bragh
18-06-2014, 10:13 AM

''The 54-year-old Spaniard took newly-promoted Malaga to eighth place in La Liga in 2009. That success attracted offers from Newcastle United and QPR but he rejected them to take over at Real Betis.''

Someone who's managed Malaga and Real Betis and attracted English Premiership teams.

'Antonio believes in playing attractive, attacking football and in developing young players.'

Yes people, fits what we're been crying out for since Tony left us. I wouldn't mind seeing some young fast technically gifted Spanish players at Easter Road. I've always wanted us to go for a foreign manager and try something different!
This 100%

Ggtth

Stevie Reid
18-06-2014, 10:15 AM
I completely understand why some people are likely to get folk excited, and others not so much - but given how much of a risk any appointment is, and indeed how sporadic our success has been in that regard recently, I find it very difficult to understand how some people can so enthusiastically endorse, or completely write off, certain names put forward.

I like the sound of this guy, FWIW.

nribs
18-06-2014, 10:17 AM

How does he develop young players if he doesn't get time to because he always gets sacked?

millarco
18-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Tapia's agent was at the Supporters Direct Conference, got talking to him during one of the coffee breaks. He (the agent) is friends with Kenny Shiels (who was talking at the event). Tapia had applied when Fenlon left but Petrie wasn't interested, as of Sunday there hadn't been any contact (he was asking about the situation, who was making the decision etc). The guy was also talking about trying to get lots of Spanish players over to the Scottish leagues.

I would imagine this link is purely the agent getting the guy's name in the paper, he won't be on our radar.

nribs
18-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Tapia's agent was at the Supporters Direct Conference, got talking to him during one of the coffee breaks. He (the agent) is friends with Kenny Shiels (who was talking at the event). Tapia had applied when Fenlon left but Petrie wasn't interested, as of Sunday there hadn't been any contact (he was asking about the situation, who was making the decision etc). The guy was also talking about trying to get lots of Spanish players over to the Scottish leagues.

I would imagine this link is purely the agent getting the guy's name in the paper, he won't be on our radar.
Regaridg your last bit about getting hi a name out there I said as much earlier and I'm sure this is the case. Did Steve Archibald not bring loads of Spanish players to Airdrie.

Hibiza
18-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Kenny Sheils....a joke ...... surely.

MrRobot
18-06-2014, 11:46 AM
**** me Jose Mourinho could get linked with us and still the fannies on here would say no.

Give the guy a break.

:dummytit:

I'd p!ss myself with excitement if his name even got linked to us.

AinsterHibs
18-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Agreed, exactly what I have been wishing for.

Though it might be McColl......

Smartie
18-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Regaridg your last bit about getting hi a name out there I said as much earlier and I'm sure this is the case. Did Steve Archibald not bring loads of Spanish players to Airdrie.

Archibald did indeed bring some very good Spanish players over. David Fernandez was one.

Was Roberto Martinez not another?

RIP
18-06-2014, 06:39 PM

When the agent (a Real Betis fan) found out there were 10 Hibbies in the room he made a public play for our affections by backing the Petrie Out campaign.

Turns out Real Betis president was forced to resign after taking them to the brink of relegation

nribs
18-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Archibald did indeed bring some very good Spanish players over. David Fernandez was one.

Was Roberto Martinez not another?

Not sure? I can't recall the names I just thought he had brought some Spanish players over .

Lewis77
19-06-2014, 09:17 AM
:dummytit:

I'd p!ss myself with excitement if his name even got linked to us.

If we got Jose I'd start greetin with pure joy....Then pish myself.