PDA

View Full Version : New young fans

Simmyalva
17-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Having heard Leanne say she would like to increase our young fan base, why not allow kids who have not reached secondary school age yet in for a fiver.

i know lads who want to take their kids/grand kids to games but just can't afford it.

if you get them interested in attending matches at a young age they will continue into adulthood plus there will be extra revenue from match day, pizzas, kits, scarves etc.

Surely this can only be a win win situation.

Eyrie
17-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Having heard Leanne say she would like to increase our young fan base, why not allow kids who have not reached secondary school age yet in for a fiver.

i know lads who want to take their kids/grand kids to games but just can't afford it.

if you get them interested in attending matches at a young age they will continue into adulthood plus there will be extra revenue from match day, pizzas, kits, scarves etc.

Very sensible :agree:

Peevemor
17-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure about recent seasons, but there was a time when family ST deals for the FF stand were great value. IIRC it worked out at less than a fiver per game for the kids.

lord bunberry
17-06-2014, 07:17 PM
They get in for less than that if you buy them a season ticket for the famous 5, it cost me £25 for my daughter.

JollyGreenGiant
17-06-2014, 07:17 PM
I got 2 season tickets for my kids (8 & 5) in the FF lower for £25 (first 100 to renew got a child free) :agree:

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Seeing as the actual cost price of food is minimal, it's about time there was a deal on food to go with cheap kids deals, it can cost an arm and a leg to buy a couple of kids something at the ground. I know you don't have to buy food at the ground but for many kids it's all part of their match day experience.

weonlywon6-2
17-06-2014, 07:26 PM

Great idea,or even free with every paying adult.

Mine always drags me to the food stall for one of those horrible pizzas

southern hibby
17-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Spoke to Hibs a while back saying if you give 500 tickets to 13 year olds free who's family genuinely can't afford it then give them it free again at 14 and another 500 to kids at 13 then when they are 15, give 500 to 14 year olds and 500 to 13 year olds and keep on doing this until they leave school then give them greatly reduced prices when they leave school, you could have potential for these kids to buy season tickets when they work.

I know this would mean after the 3 rd year 1500 season tickets free each year then on I'n, but we could have these kids hooked and increase our season ticket fan base.

GGTTH

eastterrace
17-06-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure about recent seasons, but there was a time when family ST deals for the FF stand were great value. IIRC it worked out at less than a fiver per game for the kids.
yes mind when mcleish was manager i had season ticket for FF stand for £360 for my son my wife and me, great value even tho we got relegated and the price stayed the same the following season.

Lucius Apuleius
17-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Food can't be that bad if the brats like it?

Andy Bee
17-06-2014, 10:17 PM

Family season tickets are great value but IMO if you're buying a family ticket the kids have already been brainwashed to support Hibs anyway :greengrin, it's the walk up prices that need attention. I take my boy and usually one of his (non Hibs supporting) mates, I'm looking at around £90 a game when food, travel and tickets are factored in.

What about if you buy an adult and kids ticket you get another kids ticket free,that way you're able to introduce another who doesn't have to necessarily support Hibs. :dunno:

Pat 0-7
17-06-2014, 10:26 PM
There was another thread about pricing back in April:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?281479-If-it-was-free-would-you-go&p=3965170&highlight=#post3965170

Here's my comments from there (when we were still in the top flight :boo hoo::grr:):

I think pricing is a big part of it for walk-up supporters who have kids (like me). £12 for an under 12 is too much imo - on average it is the most expensive kids ticket in the SPFL.

Other teams under 12 prices:

Partick and St Mirren - £5
St. Johnstone - adult & 2 kids get into the family stand for £15 (or under 12s free in away stand)
Motherwell are £12 too but do 'Kids £5' for certain games.
Inverness - £7 on a 'Family Ticket'
Aberdeen - £6 in the Merkland Stand
Celtic - not sure if this applies all season but they are offering £1 tickets for Aberdeen game and 'from £5' for Inverness.
Ross County - £10 for upcoming Hibs game
DUFC - £3 (max 2 kids, certain area of stand)
Kilmarnock - £5 (also thats for under 16 in Moffat Stand)
even the yaks do an £8 ticket

How often do Hibs do any kids ticket deals? Not very often. The Malmo game was packed out mainly becasue of the £5 kids tickets imo.
Ok the Hibs Kids can take a friend for £5 for certain games but that is only a limited number of tickets and needs bought in advance.

And why should it cost more for a 13 to 17 year old anyway? (applies to all clubs) - its still the parent who has to pay in most cases.

I think the club needs to look at kids walk-up prices. Not everyone can take advantage of the cheap kids season tickets.