PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Prices/Added perks for those already renewed?

madhatter
17-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Any news on this front?

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 06:22 PM
No news

eastterrace
17-06-2014, 06:26 PM
no news is good news as they say, dont agree in this case. im hoping we get some sort of money off offer on next again season ticket, as im not interested in money back or club shop vouchers.

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I expect a partial refund, a personal apology from RP, £50 voucher for the shop, free cup top up and a leather wallet holder for my ST card.

aunty joyce
17-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I expect a partial refund, a personal apology from RP, £50 voucher for the shop, free cup top up and a leather wallet holder for my ST card.

So you'll not be wanting our new manager (whoever that may be) to bring any players in??? 😕

Potty78
17-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Are the prices the same as last season all around the stadium? Thanks in advance!

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 06:49 PM
So you'll not be wanting our new manager (whoever that may be) to bring any players in??? 

What do you think :wink:

gazelle
17-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Any news on this front?

Don't know if its significant but last week on the official site when clicking on season tickets it still had the headline tbgawa and that this part of site was being updated. Clicking on it today it has all the prices for purchasing ticket for next season with prices as what they were previous.ie no reduction!!

SteveHFC
17-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Don't know if its significant but last week on the official site when clicking on season tickets it still had the headline tbgawa and that this part of site was being updated. Clicking on it today it has all the prices for purchasing ticket for next season with prices as what they were previous.ie no reduction!!

No reduction then i'm not buying a ST. Do they expect us to pay ridiculous prices to watch Championship football :faf:

Albion Hibs
17-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Surprised they have not said anything about this given the fixtures get announced tomorrow.

Gerard
17-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Our STs price is high compared to the majority of the other teams in the CL. Our team needs a new management team and players. This has to be paid for and the majority of the money comes from ST sales and walk up sales. There are decisions that have to be made. We can have money off the price of our ST or walk ups, or other incentives........ I want a good MT and good new players

WestStandMoaner
17-06-2014, 07:27 PM
No reduction then i'm not buying a ST. Do they expect us to pay ridiculous prices to watch Championship football :faf:

I have been checking the official site every day and this is the first day the prices have been made available, is this LD decision to keep the same pricing structure, I think not, nothing will change at ER until Petrie and Farmer move on. The prices should be slashed to get the fans back instead they keep the prices the same, where is the business sense in that.

However, the only explanation for this could be big news on the management front and hopefully the quality of the new players coming in but if I was a betting man I would say it is just Petrie fleecing the diehards again

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 07:29 PM
I know for certain that there will either be a refund or no refund. :aok:

You heard it here first.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 07:30 PM

Poor show tbf. How can they charge these prices and not give us additional perks? On top of that I bought my ST over a week an a half ago and haven't heard anything about it. They've taken money but no ST or acknowledgement of the fact. Which email address is best to contact the club about this? Still treating us fans like mugs. Hearts are charging about £350 max I think and yet we charge £405. Who is likely to have a better team??

If someone knows a good email address at the club where you actually get a response that'd be much appreciated.

marinello59
17-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Poor show tbf. How can they charge these prices and not give us additional perks? On top of that I bought my ST over a week an a half ago and haven't heard anything about it. They've taken money but no ST or acknowledgement of the fact. Which email address is best to contact the club about this? Still treating us fans like mugs. Hearts are charging about £350 max I think and yet we charge £405. Who is likely to have a better team??

If someone knows a good email address at the club where you actually get a response that'd be much appreciated.

If you were happy with the price you paid only a week and a half ago what has changed to cause outrage now?
The new Season tickets have not been sent out to anybody yet. There's plenty of time before the season starts.

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 07:45 PM

What! You bought it week and half ago and are now expecting a perk yet you chose to pay the price knowing what league we are in :confused:

madhatter
17-06-2014, 07:48 PM
If you were happy with the price you paid only a week and a half ago what has changed to cause outrage now?
The new Season tickets have not been sent out to anybody yet. There's plenty of time before the season starts.

I am happy to pay but we need bigger attendances and more perks for our cash. We pay the same overpriced amount every year and we've got nothing in return but failure. This also, as far as I'm concerned, unless guaranteed success on the pitch comes, is completely against what LD said about giving better value and improving things. I'm not outraged, I'm just annoyed that we are constantly the ones forking out for abject failure. In other business terms, it'd be like HMV stating they are going out of business due to mismanagement and asking customers to pay £30+ per DVD or CD to fix the problem.

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 07:51 PM

:agree: Folk getting their twickers in a nist. Fair enough the fixtures come out tomorrow but there's still weeks to go before our opening league game.

I renewed straight after the Aberdeen game at Easter Road obviously not thinking that we wouldn't be playing in the big league this season but there you go. Strangely I'm looking forward to the coming season and perhaps going to a few different stadiums or ones that I haven't been to since the 70's. Queen of the South will be a good away game.

Finally if there's no reduction in my season ticket price then hey ho. Rather the new manager had the needed funds to get us an entertaining team on the park than get £50 or whatever back only to once again watch that hoof ball stuff.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

madhatter
17-06-2014, 07:52 PM
What! You bought it week and half ago and are now expecting a perk yet you chose to pay the price knowing what league we are in :confused:

If we don't then who will care about the club and put money in to keep it afloat during this relegation? STF and RP?think not. Surely a free shirt or massive discount for cup games would be acceptable to request? I think many fans have renewed and would like perks or some better product for the money...

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 07:53 PM
I am happy to pay but we need bigger attendances and more perks for our cash. We pay the same overpriced amount every year and we've got nothing in return but failure. This also, as far as I'm concerned, unless guaranteed success on the pitch comes, is completely against what LD said about giving better value and improving things. I'm not outraged, I'm just annoyed that we are constantly the ones forking out for abject failure. In other business terms, it'd be like HMV stating they are going out of business due to mismanagement and asking customers to pay £30+ per DVD or CD to fix the problem.

And if those customers turned up at the shop and paid £30+ they'd have no complaint just like you a week and a half ago!

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 07:54 PM
If we don't then who will care about the club and put money in to keep it afloat during this relegation? STF and RP?think not. Surely a free shirt or massive discount for cup games would be acceptable to request? I think many fans have renewed and would like perks or some better product for the money...

:faf: Yet you now want something back!

marinello59
17-06-2014, 07:56 PM

But you accepted the deal on offer only a week and a half ago. What's changed? :confused:

Beefster
17-06-2014, 07:57 PM

If GlobalHibby hadn't competed in this week's 'Crazy poster of the week', you'd be a shoo-in.

marinello59
17-06-2014, 07:58 PM
:agree: Folk getting their twickers in a nist. Fair enough the fixtures come out tomorrow but there's still weeks to go before our opening league game.

I renewed straight after the Aberdeen game at Easter Road obviously not thinking that we wouldn't be playing in the big league this season but there you go. Strangely I'm looking forward to the coming season and perhaps going to a few different stadiums or ones that I haven't been to since the 70's. Queen of the South will be a good away game.

Finally if there's no reduction in my season ticket price then hey ho. Rather the new manager had the needed funds to get us an entertaining team on the park than get £50 or whatever back only to once again watch that hoof ball stuff.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

We're exactly the same.

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 07:58 PM

Judge: Did your client Mr Madhatter know what division Hibernian FC were going to participate in before he purchased his £405 season ticket for Easter Road.

Mr Madhatter's Barrister: Yes M'Lud.

Judge: Case dismissed.

Simples.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 07:59 PM
[/B]

And if those customers turned up at the shop and paid £30+ they'd have no complaint just like you a week and a half ago!

I disagree. That's like saying that if you bought a £30+ CD which turned out to be an empty case, you couldn't complain. Same thing, paid a lot of cash last season to see football and I saw none and its an entertainment service which did not entertain me. I have, like all Hibs fans, the right to complain. This is also not just about a week and a half ago, this is a yearly occurrence. We pay more than most other teams and what we get served is frequently a steaming pile of ****. What does the club do to apologise to fans? It says sorry and charges us the same for the following year.

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 07:59 PM
If GlobalHibby hadn't competed in this week's 'Crazy poster of the week', you'd be a shoo-in.

:agree: Got to be winding us up.

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I disagree. That's like saying that if you bought a £30+ CD which turned out to be an empty case, you couldn't complain. Same thing, paid a lot of cash last season to see football and I saw none and its an entertainment service which did not entertain me. I have, like all Hibs fans, the right to complain. This is also not just about a week and a half ago, this is a yearly occurrence. We pay more than most other teams and what we get served is frequently a steaming pile of ****. What does the club do to apologise to fans? It says sorry and charges us the same for the following year.

Mate take a deep breath, go back and read all of your posts, lie down in a dark room and then come back and try and make sense of your gibberish because I can't.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Judge: Did your client Mr Madhatter know what division Hibernian FC were going to participate in before he purchased his £405 season ticket for Easter Road.

Mr Madhatter's Barrister: Yes M'Lud.

Judge: Case dismissed.

Simples.

Hilarious.

If this is another year of abject failure, will Mr Madhatter renew?

Not a chance in hell.

I care about my club. My club doesn't care about each individual fan. People less fortunate may want to go to the games and we might get a better atmosphere but instead of that the club charge more to a declining number of fans...

marinello59
17-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Hilarious.

If this is another year of abject failure, will Mr Madhatter renew?

Not a chance in hell.

I care about my club. My club doesn't care about each individual fan. People less fortunate may want to go to the games and we might get a better atmosphere but instead of that the club charge more to a declining number of fans...

As an aside I think you should change your user name to Mr Madhatter. It would give everything you post additional gravitas.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Mate take a deep breath, go back and read all of your posts, lie down in a dark room and then come back and try and make sense of your gibberish because I can't.

Sorry makes sense. What your stance is, if I've paid then I have no power and no say in things. My point is, if the club fail to deliver now that I've paid £405 and I've received nothing but watching the same, then like many I'm done. Especially if we get done over by Hearts when they are charging less - that'd make me physically sick tbh. Whatever though, people will stick up for club and argue with other fans until they've had enough themselves. That's the way of it. Once again I clarify, I'm happy to have paid this but if we get declining crowds and poor performances then ive sadly had enough. Its a gamble by the club. Hope they can deliver.

dunfyhibby
17-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I renewed back in April. Anyone know when the new cards will be sent out?

by the way, don't want any sort of refund! Our new manager will need it all! :flag:

CraigHibee
17-06-2014, 08:22 PM

i'm going to demand one of they silver ones you get for business cards :wink:

as for a refund, I'm not bothered, i would rather the cash go to the club and get us out of this mess

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 08:29 PM
i'm going to demand one of they silver ones you get for business cards :wink:

as for a refund, I'm not bothered, i would rather the cash go to the club and get us out of this mess

Engraved with the Hibs badge, that's a great idea :wink:

hibee_girl
17-06-2014, 08:33 PM
I renewed back in April. Anyone know when the new cards will be sent out?

by the way, don't want any sort of refund! Our new manager will need it all! :flag:

Cards will be sent out in July, that's what they told me when I moved my seat.

silverhibee
17-06-2014, 08:34 PM
How much will walk ups be charged.

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Depends where you're walking up to. :wink:

madhatter
17-06-2014, 08:36 PM

Would assume same if STs haven't moved price.

Ringothedog
17-06-2014, 08:36 PM

Listen bud, if you are not happy don't buy a season ticket then you won't have to watch " a steaming pile of *****", oh wait a minute you have already bought one(allegedly). Do you not think that was a stupid thing for you to do considering your attitude or are you just an attention seeker ?

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2014, 08:40 PM

Too much :greengrin

mutley
17-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I went for the early bird special , not expecting any sort of refund, but a Tolkien effort of something would be nice (free cup top up?) but not overly concerned if not. Just hope the cash is put to good use

s.a.m
17-06-2014, 08:44 PM
I went for the early bird special , not expecting any sort of refund, but a Tolkien effort of something would be nice (free cup top up?) but not overly concerned if not. Just hope the cash is put to good use

Hobbits round to do your laundry / mow your lawn :dunno:

dunfyhibby
17-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Cards will be sent out in July, that's what they told me when I moved my seat.
Thanks for the info! Cheers!

Lucius Apuleius
17-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Hee hee this is crazy week yeah? Why wait till we are relegated before buying the ST? You could have got it for 380 a month or so ago. A whole 30 pound more than than the yams for sitting in business class as opposed to economy!

MyJo
17-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Why the hell would you buy a season ticket a week and a half ago if your not happy to pay the prices they are being sold at or are expecting some additional perks for the price?

Why not hold fire with your money and only buy it when they have reduced the price to something your happy with or have announced what extras you will get for buying at the current price???

I smell s***e

whiskyhibby
17-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Listen bud, if you are not happy don't buy a season ticket then you won't have to watch " a steaming pile of *****", oh wait a minute you have already bought one(allegedly). Do you not think that was a stupid thing for you to do considering your attitude or are you just an attention seeker ?

Wind up merchant I suspect..

3pm
17-06-2014, 08:47 PM
How much will walk outs be charged.

Fixed that yin for you SdGP! 👍

MyJo
17-06-2014, 08:48 PM

how about One Ring?

madhatter

Neither. If people actually read my 2nd post properly... I state I've asked how to contact club after a statement of hearing nothing with regards to my purchase of ST - no confirmation received. This is allied to an anger that crowds will once again be low and could get lower. After that I've ranted a bit but mainly because people have misinterpreted and taken pricisely the same stance you have.

No allegedly about it, at least in terms of the cash being taken pronto. Don't see how you can judge how I spend my cash tbf. Call it stupid all you want and call me attention seeker all you want. Surely reworking what other posters have already said in order to criticise a fellow supporter is firstly stirring things, redundant and a form of attention seeking? Then again, I'm not judging as we all have our opinions, eh?

Ringothedog
Wind up merchant I suspect..

:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
17-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Phone the ticket office? That might work. Checked your junk mail folder?

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 08:50 PM
how about One Ring?

With Farmer Giles thrown in.

silverhibee
17-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Fixed that yin for you SdGP! 

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/437124/resized_success-kid-meme-generator-get-me-outta-here-116e97.jpg

madhatter
17-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Phone the ticket office? That might work. Checked your junk mail folder?

Cheers for suggestions. Checked junk email already. I'll just have a look into it and avoid asking for advice on the forums from now on though! Not worth the grief.

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Cheers for suggestions. Checked junk email already. I'll just have a look into it and avoid asking for advice on the forums from now on though! Not worth the grief.

Remember and reverse the charges when you phone the ticket office. :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
17-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Easiest way. Wee bit savvy and do it yourself. Not sure what was difficult about thinking of phoning the ticket office though. Take responsibility yourself. Also a tad curious as to why you waited until we were relegated before buying them. None of my business but you have to expect questions when you ask for advice.

Ringothedog
17-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Neither. If people actually read my 2nd post properly... I state I've asked how to contact club after a statement of hearing nothing with regards to my purchase of ST - no confirmation received. This is allied to an anger that crowds will once again be low and could get lower. After that I've ranted a bit but mainly because people have misinterpreted and taken pricisely the same stance you have.

No allegedly about it, at least in terms of the cash being taken pronto. Don't see how you can judge how I spend my cash tbf. Call it stupid all you want and call me attention seeker all you want. Surely reworking what other posters have already said in order to criticise a fellow supporter is firstly stirring things, redundant and a form of attention seeking? Then again, I'm not judging as we all have our opinions, eh?

When I bought mine in March I got a receipt. My question to you is did you get a receipt. If you did what is the problem. If you bought your season ticket at the ticket office why did you not ask them at the time of purchase ? Your other point is your angry as crowds will be low or lower, how do you know this ?
You can spend your cash in whatever way you want what I don't understand is why you want our club to refund/give freebie/free cup top up. All those options cost hibs money and will reduce the amount available to the new manager,so if you want to continue watching " a steaming pile of *****" then keep on on agitating for a reduction in price.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Easiest way. Wee bit savvy and do it yourself. Not sure what was difficult about thinking of phoning the ticket office though. Take responsibility yourself. Also a tad curious as to why you waited until we were relegated before buying them. None of my business but you have to expect questions when you ask for advice.

Why does it matter when I buy them though? Surely if everyone on here is fellow paying fans, rather than question why I purchased and when then, surely it should be "more the merrier". Next time I renew I'll make sure to have my 10 reasons for and against renewal ready for review...don't get me started on anybody criticising my attitude or such and who haven't renewed themselves. I don't need to justify myself to anyone on here and nobody has to justify themselves to me.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 09:08 PM
When I bought mine in March I got a receipt. My question to you is did you get a receipt. If you did what is the problem. If you bought your season ticket at the ticket office why did you not ask them at the time of purchase ? Your other point is your angry as crowds will be low or lower, how do you know this ?
You can spend your cash in whatever way you want what I don't understand is why you want our club to refund/give freebie/free cup top up. All those options cost hibs money and will reduce the amount available to the new manager,so if you want to continue watching " a steaming pile of *****" then keep on on agitating for a reduction in price.

Did I ask for refund? I'm pretty sure I said discount for cups as well...

Let's leave it now because people aren't interpreting posts properly now and we're starting to have comments being engineered for own purpose which is tiring.

MyJo
17-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Why does it matter when I buy them though? Surely if everyone on here is fellow paying fans, rather than question why I purchased and when then, surely it should be "more the merrier". Next time I renew I'll make sure to have my 10 reasons for and against renewal ready for review...don't get me started on anybody criticising my attitude or such and who haven't renewed themselves. I don't need to justify myself to anyone on here and nobody has to justify themselves to me.

It matters if you choose to buy them at the prices advertised long after we have been relegated, after numerous players have been released and after butcher has been sacked and then come on and moan about the prices and why your not getting a discount or freebies because weve been relegated.

Your at it!

madhatter
17-06-2014, 09:11 PM
It matters if you choose to buy them at the prices advertised long after we have been relegated, after numerous players have been released and after butcher has been sacked and then come on and moan about the prices and why your not getting a discount or freebies because weve been relegated.

Your at it!

I'm at what precisely?

MyJo
17-06-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm at what precisely?

Trolling

Ringothedog
17-06-2014, 09:21 PM
I love the joys of close season so as we can all get behind our club by buying season tickets, discussing potential signings,buying merchandise but in the alternative universe we have to moan, ask for freebies and do anything to undermine our clubs finances and potential in the most important season we have had in decades.

Wighty76
17-06-2014, 09:22 PM
no news is good news as they say, dont agree in this case. im hoping we get some sort of money off offer on next again season ticket, as im not interested in money back or club shop vouchers.

Same here. The club can keep my money. They need it more than ever.

Perks would be good though.

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Same here. The club can keep my money. They need it more than ever.

Perks would be good though.

Going by your avatar you're already getting enough perks.

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I love the joys of close season so as we can all get behind our club by buying season tickets, discussing potential signings,buying merchandise but in the alternative universe we have to moan, ask for freebies and do anything to undermine our clubs finances and potential in the most important season we have had in decades.

Nonsense

Previous pre seasons has been about trying to get some incentive be it for kids or families better than it is now so our future can be secured

This pre season it's about getting a deal that's happy for everyone. I haven't renewed and tbh I probably won't renew as I missed far too many games last year due to one thing or another but I assure u we will have 6k or under season ticket holders if prices are the same. Lower them to say 280 an adult and leet ANY kid in for free under 16 and I guarantee u will have nearer 10k.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Trolling

And your comments are what?

People need to learn that what they type can be portrayed as "Trolling", so accusing someone else of "Trolling" is a bit hypocritical as far as I'm concerned.

I've renewed and unhappy that price hasn't been reduced, not necessarily from a personally point of view but from a match day experience point of view. Someone asked, "how do you know attendances will be down?". My answer to this is we've been relegated, we didn't have big attendances last season and now it's pretty much guaranteed that the price will remain the same, oh and RP is still about. I'm happy to forgo a decent match day experience for a year should this ploy succeed. However, should the club fail again with these prices and in the league we are in - I simply stated that for many, including me, it is the final straw. Is expecting a free shirt or a discount for the clubstore really a ridiculous notion to entice more renewals and as a way of rebuilding relationship between club and fans? Also, surely by having renewed I have a greater say in this than those that haven't? I'm not holding club to ransom but I've still got criticism...

I'd be criticised for not renewing, I'd be criticised for renewing at the wrong time and I'd be criticised for complaining after renewing. I'd even be criticised for being positive after renewing should things turn sour. At the end of the day, it's a lose lose scenario. Anything anybody says online can be viewed as "Trolling" by someone. Being different people with different perspectives causes opinion clashes and the online society has a catchy phrase for this. In person, I'd hope we'd simply agree to disagree and laugh it off.

MyJo
17-06-2014, 09:53 PM

People need to learn that what they type can be portrayed as "Trolling", so accusing someone else of "Trolling" is a bit hypocritical as far as I'm concerned.

I've renewed and unhappy that price hasn't been reduced, not necessarily from a personally point of view but from a match day experience point of view.

If your unhappy that the price hasnt been reduced then why did you renew? Surely any sane person would look at it and say "im not happy that they want £400 for a season ticket for the championship so im not going to buy one unless they reduce it" rather than paying the "unhappy" price and then moaning about it not being reduced on here?

Someone asked, "how do you know attendances will be down?". My answer to this is we've been relegated, we didn't have big attendances last season and now it's pretty much guaranteed that the price will remain the same, oh and RP is still about. I'm happy to forgo a decent match day experience for a year should this ploy succeed.

errr did you not just say your unhappy at the price being charged due to the "matchday experience" your going to get but now your happy to have a lesser matchday experience for some reason but unfortunately i have no clue what ploy your waffling about?

However, should the club fail again with these prices and in the league we are in - I simply stated that for many, including me, it is the final straw. Is expecting a free shirt or a discount for the clubstore really a ridiculous notion to entice more renewals and as a way of rebuilding relationship between club and fans?

No its actually a really sensible suggestion that i myself also made on another similar thread a couple of weeks ago. I however have held back on getting a season ticket for next season until they confirm what benefits or reductions will be rather than buying a full priced season ticket last week and then stamping my feet asking where my "perks" are.

Also, surely by having renewed I have a greater say in this than those that haven't? I'm not holding club to ransom but I've still got criticism...

I'd be criticised for not renewing, I'd be criticised for renewing at the wrong time and I'd be criticised for complaining after renewing. I'd even be criticised for being positive after renewing should things turn sour. At the end of the day, it's a lose lose scenario. Anything anybody says online can be viewed as "Trolling" by someone. Being different people with different perspectives causes opinion clashes and the online society has a catchy phrase for this. In person, I'd hope we'd simply agree to disagree and laugh it off.

No your being criticised for being a numpty. simples.

Eyrie
17-06-2014, 09:57 PM
The only perk anyone should be looking for is a Hibs team that wins enough games to get promoted.

Harpandcastle
17-06-2014, 10:07 PM
If the club put up a kicks for kids ticket for everyone that has paid full price that would do me. Club get to keep the cash and kids who would possibly be unable to attend would get the chance to go to games.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 10:17 PM
If your unhappy that the price hasnt been reduced then why did you renew? Surely any sane person would look at it and say "im not happy that they want £400 for a season ticket for the championship so im not going to buy one unless they reduce it" rather than paying the "unhappy" price and then moaning about it not being reduced on here?

errr did you not just say your unhappy at the price being charged due to the "matchday experience" your going to get but now your happy to have a lesser matchday experience for some reason but unfortunately i have no clue what ploy your waffling about?

No its actually a really sensible suggestion that i myself also made on another similar thread a couple of weeks ago. I however have held back on getting a season ticket for next season until they confirm what benefits or reductions will be rather than buying a full priced season ticket last week and then stamping my feet asking where my "perks" are.

No your being criticised for being a numpty. simples.

Hope I kept this simples enough for you: You have dissected each part of my post and completely misunderstood each individual part.

I'm unhappy that prices haven't been reduced because this will scare other people away. Get it now? They should have been reduced (slightly even) and people already renewed should have a discount towards something.

I'm happy to miss out on atmosphere for this year as long as there is success as that's what we are paying for - I'd prefer also having a better atmosphere with more people at stadium as it gives more for money technically because it feels less like being at a funeral.

Where am I stamping my feet exactly? I've contemplated stamping my feet on the internet but sadly, as wrongly portrayed in The IT Crowd, it isn't in a black box...
Very curious notion that you feel that you can criticise me from a position of non-renewal. So your position of waiting and possibly preventing the club from getting the best manager and players is sane and just, but mine of backing the club and being unhappy should I not get value for money makes me a numpty - what logic is this, seriously? Tell you what, give yourself a pat on the back for giving someone, who is likely to have in some small part funded either the player acquisition or the new management team, grief over nothing. Also, not just that, you've also decided to hold off until it looks suitable for your investment. Good stuff!

It's like someone who says that I'll wait to see what happens from the election, voting isn't really my thing but I'll have a good dig at anyone who decides to vote and isn't happy.

Incidentally, now that there is no perks on the horizon and the price is still the same, are you likely to renew?

FranckSuzy
17-06-2014, 10:31 PM

Let me check I'm not missing something here...so, you bought your ST over a week ago DESPITE knowing full well what division Hibs are in and are now unhappy that you've not received anything from the club confirming a reduction in price? Is that about it?

Oh, and have you checked your account online? If you have purchased a ST, it will show there. But I'm sure you could have worked this out already. Just for the record, I renewed on the first day the STs were launched and have heard nothing but I'm not posting about it as I am sure we will hear from the club in due course :wink:

FranckSuzy
17-06-2014, 10:38 PM
The only perk anyone should be looking for is a Hibs team that wins enough games to get promoted.

:agree: :top marks

Gerard
17-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Ms Dempster is slightly busy trying to get the right manager who will then get the right players so we will have a football team. I am sure that when this is done she will find some time to look at ST issue

madhatter
17-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Let me check I'm not missing something here...so, you bought your ST over a week ago DESPITE knowing full well what division Hibs are in and are now unhappy that you've not received anything from the club confirming a reduction in price? Is that about it?

Oh, and have you checked your account online? If you have purchased a ST, it will show there. But I'm sure you could have worked this out already. Just for the record, I renewed on the first day the STs were launched and have heard nothing but I'm not posting about it :wink:

No that isn't about it. Did I say I wanted a refund? Did I complain about division?

Just for the record, you are you and I am me. Maybe I'll justify it all by saying this is my first time buying a ST and have always paid at gates so I don't know the story. Then again maybe not. Whatever I do or put up here there will always be critics. I accept that. Just would hope it wasn't a criminal offence.

FranckSuzy
17-06-2014, 10:56 PM

I've renewed and unhappy that price hasn't been reduced, not necessarily from a personally point of view but from a match day experience point of view. Someone asked, "how do you know attendances will be down?". My answer to this is we've been relegated, we didn't have big attendances last season and now it's pretty much guaranteed that the price will remain the same, oh and RP is still about. I'm happy to forgo a decent match day experience for a year should this ploy succeed. However, should the club fail again with these prices and in the league we are in - I simply stated that for many, including me, it is the final straw. Is expecting a free shirt or a discount for the clubstore really a ridiculous notion to entice more renewals and as a way of rebuilding relationship between club and fans? Also, surely by having renewed I have a greater say in this than those that haven't? I'm not holding club to ransom but I've still got criticism...

No that isn't about it. Did I say I wanted a refund? Did I complain about division?

Just for the record, you are you and I am me. Maybe I'll justify it all by saying this is my first time buying a ST and have always paid at gates so I don't know the story. Then again maybe not. Whatever I do or put up here there will always be critics. I accept that. Just would hope it wasn't a criminal offence.

Firstly, you are of course correct that whatever you post up there will be critics and that's because it's all 'me, me, me'. YOU renewed despite knowing the price and that there were no guarantees of any inducements whatsoever for ST holders. You also decided to start a thread on a forum about not hearing anything back from the club when no-one else has either. You might not have had a ST before but why not start a thread asking "has anyone heard from Hibs about their ST?" instead of "I have bought a ST and I've not even been offered any special deals to thank me for paying the advertised price that I was fully aware of"?

FranckSuzy
17-06-2014, 10:57 PM
If the club put up a kicks for kids ticket for everyone that has paid full price that would do me. Club get to keep the cash and kids who would possibly be unable to attend would get the chance to go to games.

:agree: :thumbsup:

joebakerforever
17-06-2014, 11:22 PM
As one who took up the option of early bird purchase, I do not expect to subsequently pay more for my ST than those who either renew later or PATG.

I am not interested in being offered merchandise vouchers to compensate for any subsequent reduction in STs for 2014/15, nor do I wish others to decide that any overpayment be donated to a worthwhile cause.

If I wish to donate and to what, I'll decide, not someone proposing good causes on here.

madhatter
17-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Firstly, you are of course correct that whatever you post up there will be critics and that's because it's all 'me, me, me'. YOU renewed despite knowing the price and that there were no guarantees of any inducements whatsoever for ST holders. You also decided to start a thread on a forum about not hearing anything back from the club when no-one else has either. You might not have had a ST before but why not start a thread asking "has anyone heard from Hibs about their ST?" instead of "I have bought a ST and I've not even been offered any special deals to thank me for paying the advertised price that I was fully aware of"?

Please read my posts. I made it clear in a few that I don't want refund and that it'd have been nice for price to be dropped to get more fans. What part of that is me, me, me? Im not sure what the big deal is really?

In all seriousness, please also look at how I started this thread and how you've quoted me. They differ quite a bit. I'm happy to be criticised but I'm sorry, you've put a spin on how I started this thread that doesn't hold true. Look at title of thread and first post.

Also saying it is all me, me, me is a bit condescending when in reality we are all giving our hard earned cash to the club we care for. I do see your point though but like all posters I think anything that appears self-centered is actually the hope that the club finally get it right for all of us.

Anyway, have a good night!

lord bunberry
18-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Have season tickets even been on sale in the last couple of weeks, when I checked the website they weren't on sale and I read on here that someone had tried to buy one at the shop and was turned away

Ringothedog
18-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Nonsense

Previous pre seasons has been about trying to get some incentive be it for kids or families better than it is now so our future can be secured

This pre season it's about getting a deal that's happy for everyone. I haven't renewed and tbh I probably won't renew as I missed far too many games last year due to one thing or another but I assure u we will have 6k or under season ticket holders if prices are the same. Lower them to say 280 an adult and leet ANY kid in for free under 16 and I guarantee u will have nearer 10k.

So where do we recover this loss of income? If you want a busier stadium but poorer team on the park go for your idea. If we want better players then we have to pay the current price. I know which one I want.

PS you can get a child season ticket for 25 quid in the FF stand

Lucius Apuleius
18-06-2014, 07:24 AM

As I said, none of my business just don't understand why you would wait until it was dearer.

hibs4thecup1988
18-06-2014, 08:02 AM
So where do we recover this loss of income? If you want a busier stadium but poorer team on the park go for your idea. If we want better players then we have to pay the current price. I know which one I want.

PS you can get a child season ticket for 25 quid in the FF stand

Not really. Why should there be a loss of income? £280 * 10,000 = £2,800,000 and 6,000 * £355 = £2,130,000.

If we can fill the stadium the atmosphere is better, players rise to it and we get extra money from programme sales, food sales, shop sales etc etc.

I know exactly what it costs in the FF stand thanks. I've taken my son for the last 4 seasons. But now to pay £380 for both of us for Championship is not really good.

Ringothedog
18-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Not really. Why should there be a loss of income? £280 * 10,000 = £2,800,000 and 6,000 * £355 = £2,130,000.

If we can fill the stadium the atmosphere is better, players rise to it and we get extra money from programme sales, food sales, shop sales etc etc.

I know exactly what it costs in the FF stand thanks. I've taken my son for the last 4 seasons. But now to pay £380 for both of us for Championship is not really good.

So you can guarantee that Hibs will get 10000 fans buying season tickets at £280 if we reduce prices ?, I think you would be in for a shock. imo we would get nowhere near that figure sold. We will be lucky to get 7000. You make the point that we would get more money from food sale and shop sales. As far as I am aware Hibs contract out both the shop and the food.

Lets just agree to diasgree on this. I think you are wrong you think I am wrong :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
18-06-2014, 12:22 PM
So you can guarantee that Hibs will get 10000 fans buying season tickets at £280 if we reduce prices ?, I think you would be in for a shock. imo we would get nowhere near that figure sold. We will be lucky to get 7000. You make the point that we would get more money from food sale and shop sales. As far as I am aware Hibs contract out both the shop and the food.

Lets just agree to diasgree on this. I think you are wrong you think I am wrong :greengrin

The beauty of forums :agree:.

I just feel it would be interesting to see what happens if we reduced ST prices. I know of a lot of people that would jump and renew or buy new.

We shall see though eh...

IanM
18-06-2014, 12:50 PM
I follow, or at least did until now, a Facebook page called 'Save our Hibs' who's posted today about the ST prices saying it's pretty shocking how expensive they are..

then goes on to say Hibs deserve less money

save our hibs
less money

hmmmm

unfollow :)

SuperAllyMcleod
18-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I renewed months ago - including cup top up.

I can't see how the club can justify the price of 18 games in the Championship for the same price as 19 in the Premiership.

I know Leeanne is busy but this possibility was apparent for weeks before she took charge so it would have been courteous to at least send a mail to those that had renewed to say that prices would be reviewed.

It may be that that review makes no difference but at least acknowledge that there is an issue there that concerns their most loyal fans.

As for saying that I'm happy for the club to keep the extra, well that may be the case for some, but no one can speak for all fans on this and anyone looking to reduce their (already high) cost of watching football in Scotland should not be pilloried on here for doing so.

DH1875
18-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Why the hell would you buy a season ticket a week and a half ago if your not happy to pay the prices they are being sold at or are expecting some additional perks for the price?

Why not hold fire with your money and only buy it when they have reduced the price to something your happy with or have announced what extras you will get for buying at the current price???

I smell s***e

I thought season tickets weren't being sold and havent been for weeks :confused:, shows what I know.
My last season ticket was the season before last season and I didn't renew then because it just wasn't worth it. If they think I'm gonna buy one at them prices for this season then sorry, it aint happening.

Eyrie
18-06-2014, 06:29 PM

If the club did that then there would be people on here wanting a refund from Leith Links.

(hides before FranckSuzy reads that)

FranckSuzy
18-06-2014, 06:39 PM
If the club did that then there would be people on here wanting a refund from Leith Links.

(hides before FranckSuzy reads that)

:grr: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
18-06-2014, 06:42 PM
As one who took up the option of early bird purchase, I do not expect to subsequently pay more for my ST than those who either renew later or PATG.

I am not interested in being offered merchandise vouchers to compensate for any subsequent reduction in STs for 2014/15, nor do I wish others to decide that any overpayment be donated to a worthwhile cause.

If I wish to donate and to what, I'll decide, not someone proposing good causes on here.

And that is your right but I think you'll find these good causes are being suggested, not proposed.

joebakerforever
18-06-2014, 09:08 PM
And that is your right but I think you'll find these good causes are being suggested, not proposed.

F.Y.I.

Here is a dictionary definition:

propose
verb \prə-ˈpōz\

: to suggest (something, such as a plan or theory) to a person or group of people to consider.

At least it boosts your post count and hopefully now improves your vocabulary :blah:

Jonnyboy
18-06-2014, 09:14 PM
F.Y.I.

Here is a dictionary definition:

propose
verb \prə-ˈpōz\

: to suggest (something, such as a plan or theory) to a person or group of people to consider.

At least it boosts your post count and hopefully now improves your vocabulary :blah:

Nae need for a smart ar5e reply. The point I was making was that it's your choice but others have suggested what they might do with any refund. And you can bolt with your reference to my post count

silverhibee
18-06-2014, 09:28 PM
:casper:

joebakerforever
18-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Nae need for a smart ar5e reply. The point I was making was that it's your choice but others have suggested what they might do with any refund. And you can bolt with your reference to my post count

Touch a raw nerve eh, a case of a smart ar5e being out-smart ar5ed, and not liking it :wink:

Jonnyboy
18-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Touch a raw nerve eh, a case of a smart ar5e being out-smart ar5ed, and not liking it :wink:

Aye very good.

marinello59
18-06-2014, 09:46 PM

Any need? Cut it out please.

MyJo
18-06-2014, 09:50 PM
There must be some sort of full moon or astronomical alignment just now as all the crazies are out in force :hide:

lucky
18-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I've renewed but there is no way it's anything like value for money. Hibs were expensive in the top division so to try and charge the same high price in the second tier is wrong. If there was a reduction of £50 it will cost the club £350k based on 7000 STs getting sold. I don't buy into the fact it will damage the managers budget every team in the SPFL had a smaller budget last season bar Celtic and they all finished above us.

madhatter
18-06-2014, 10:29 PM
I've renewed but there is no way it's anything like value for money. Hibs were expensive in the top division so to try and charge the same high price in the second tier is wrong. If there was a reduction of £50 it will cost the club £350k based on 7000 STs getting sold. I don't buy into the fact it will damage the managers budget every team in the SPFL had a smaller budget last season bar Celtic and they all finished above us.

Good post. :top marks

It will damage the manager's budget though. However, as you've stated having a bigger budget hasn't brought us anything.

Our mistake for years has been that after we had our golden generation we overlooked our youth department and succession planning was never considered. New manager and new journeyman, year on year. Sadly, all I can hope is that this time, money will be invested in scouting, investing in signing the best youngsters from around Scotland at the very least, and more meaningful investment in top team.

As far as I'm concerned, the manager can be a nobody with no previous experience. He can bring boring Scottish players to the club that can play decent football as long as our £380+ gets put to use in acquiring players for the future. Andrew Robertson looks a classy left-back and is only 20. If you look at Dundee United - Gauld (from Aberdeen - played for Brechin), Armstrong (from Inverness - played for ICT), Souttar (from Aberdeen - played for Brechin), Mackay-Steven (from Thurso - played for Airdrie amongst others). They must be scouting properly. We don't seem to be picking up these types of acquisitions - we shell out for Liam Craig's wages and hope for the best...He will leave because he won't have been good enough and we've wasted cash again - ST prices will stay the same in this event as is proven!

I'm happy for the money to be kept but what LD needs to realise (I'm sure she does actually!) is that this is quite a dangerous gamble in a very difficult league. If we have an unmitigated failure again, and these prices have been charged, then the club will be very lucky to sell 4k STs the following season even if they halved them. Keep the money and scout properly. Dundee United got Nadir Ciftci...

Manager's budget will be damaged I hope. We have, on wages, blown an unreal amount of cash over the years. How many journeyman can people actually remember from the last 10 years? Our turnaround in managers and players is ridiculous. I can't speak for everyone but I want my cash put towards a sustainable future. It's clear we won't get cheaper prices and better atmospheres until we achieve this future anyway! Shame really...

Beefster
19-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Rather than money back, I think the folk who have a ST this coming season should become "gold members" for life for sticking with the club when the chips were down. I'd be happy with a wee gold-coloured ST for life.

stantonhibby
19-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Rather than money back, I think the folk who have a ST this coming season should become "gold members" for life for sticking with the club when the chips were down. I'd be happy with a wee gold-coloured ST for life.

and a gold coloured seat of course so that we can be easily identified as uber loyal !

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2014, 09:14 AM
and a gold coloured seat of course so that we can be easily identified as uber loyal !

Yes I would like that why not, it's about time Hibs recognised the loyal fans.

Hibby70
19-06-2014, 09:22 AM
That's not a bad shout actually. If we introduce some loyalty system and those that renew get classed as some kind gold members (ooer)

Baldy Foghorn
19-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Yes I would like that why not, it's about time Hibs recognised the loyal fans.

Not sure i fancy a gold seat......Would like my green one cushioned though....

What about a spike on the seats of non loyal fans, so they can sit awkwardly, and we can point and s******?:aok:

FranckSuzy
19-06-2014, 09:25 AM

What about a spike on the seats of non loyal fans, so they can sit awkwardly, and we can point and s******?:aok:

:agree: It would also stop them from leaving early

Baldy Foghorn
19-06-2014, 09:31 AM
:agree: It would also stop them from leaving early

Double punishment, I like your thinking :wink:

Keith_M
19-06-2014, 09:38 AM
The Missus said she wants one with feather cushions...

... something to tickle her fancy :wink:

KdyHby
19-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Tickets back up on official site, £405 adult.

iwasthere1972
19-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Brave decision but I'm not surprised. As mentioned previously I bought mine months ago and despite us dropping a division I wasn't looking for a partial refund or perks. Certainly not a gold seat either as I don't want to the attention. :greengrin

The new manager will need a decent budget if we are going to get out the Championship at first attempt. A few decent signings might help to get fans who haven't already bought a season ticket to get one.

Time will tell.

Pete
19-06-2014, 02:53 PM

So are all the categories the same price?

Islington Hibs
19-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Seems from the site they have held prices which if true is a very big gamble indeed.

It also seems, looking at the dots, on the site there have been very few seasons sold- there is massive availability. I don't think any section, outside section 5 has sold more than 50% and the vast majority seem to have sold virtually no seasons at all. Better things to do than count the dots but it looks like the East and West are at best 25% sold, The FF may be 20% - I guess 3500 sold which if the case is pretty disastrous (although sadly not surprising). Lets hope for a late rush......

Keith_M
19-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Which means they must intend charging the same prices as last season for PATG.

Big mistake.

JHFC
19-06-2014, 03:46 PM
I want to buy a season ticket but I don't want to pay the £400 odd pound for it. If it gets reduced I will be buying a season ticket and I could imagine many more people will do the same. If another few hundred people do this it will even out the money lost for refunds to even out the price for current season ticket holders.

marinello59
19-06-2014, 04:01 PM
I want to buy a season ticket but I don't want to pay the £400 odd pound for it. If it gets reduced I will be buying a season ticket and I could imagine many more people will do the same. If another few hundred people do this it will even out the money lost for refunds to even out the price for current season ticket holders.

How much would it need to be reduced by to encourage ''hundreds more'' to buy one that normally wouldn't bother?

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2014, 04:07 PM

Would prefer if all gold seats or cushioned greem one's :wink: had keypads to enable us to select and eject seats of matchday erseholes :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
19-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Good post. :top marks

It will damage the manager's budget though. However, as you've stated having a bigger budget hasn't brought us anything.

Our mistake for years has been that after we had our golden generation we overlooked our youth department and succession planning was never considered. New manager and new journeyman, year on year. Sadly, all I can hope is that this time, money will be invested in scouting, investing in signing the best youngsters from around Scotland at the very least, and more meaningful investment in top team.

As far as I'm concerned, the manager can be a nobody with no previous experience. He can bring boring Scottish players to the club that can play decent football as long as our £380+ gets put to use in acquiring players for the future. Andrew Robertson looks a classy left-back and is only 20. If you look at Dundee United - Gauld (from Aberdeen - played for Brechin), Armstrong (from Inverness - played for ICT), Souttar (from Aberdeen - played for Brechin), Mackay-Steven (from Thurso - played for Airdrie amongst others). They must be scouting properly. We don't seem to be picking up these types of acquisitions - we shell out for Liam Craig's wages and hope for the best...He will leave because he won't have been good enough and we've wasted cash again - ST prices will stay the same in this event as is proven!

I'm happy for the money to be kept but what LD needs to realise (I'm sure she does actually!) is that this is quite a dangerous gamble in a very difficult league. If we have an unmitigated failure again, and these prices have been charged, then the club will be very lucky to sell 4k STs the following season even if they halved them. Keep the money and scout properly. Dundee United got Nadir Ciftci...

Manager's budget will be damaged I hope. We have, on wages, blown an unreal amount of cash over the years. How many journeyman can people actually remember from the last 10 years? Our turnaround in managers and players is ridiculous. I can't speak for everyone but I want my cash put towards a sustainable future. It's clear we won't get cheaper prices and better atmospheres until we achieve this future anyway! Shame really...

And that says it all about you. What a thing to say.

Keith_M
19-06-2014, 04:28 PM
They say you can't please All of the people All of the time.

That's true, but I thought I'd at least make an attempt with this (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285906-Season-Ticket-Prices-A-Suggestion) suggestion :wink:

If Ms Dempster DOES read hibs.net, it might give her something to think about.

madhatter
19-06-2014, 04:30 PM
And that says it all about you. What a thing to say.

What are you on seriously? I have an opinion and I clearly in the same paragraph state that I can't speak for everyone. I give clear reasons why I'd like the managers budget be controlled and I still hope it is cut. We're in a lower league ffs, it'll be cut and I hope so for the survival of the club. Thinking budget will stay the same or increase, now that's one hell of a thing to say or think.

Keith_M
19-06-2014, 04:32 PM
What are you on seriously? I have an opinion and I clearly in the same paragraph state that I can't speak for everyone. I give clear reasons why I'd like the managers budget be controlled and I still hope it is cut. We're in a lower league ffs, it'll be cut and I hope so for the survival of the club. Thinking budget will stay the same or increase, now that's one hell of a thing to say or think.

You REALLY like to live up to your username.

marinello59
19-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Would you like to get out of this league?

madhatter
19-06-2014, 04:50 PM

of course but does spending more money guarantee this? Even if it does, does it guarantee future success? If it did, I'm all for it. Longevity is what we need now.

Lucius Apuleius
19-06-2014, 04:55 PM
of course but does spending more money guarantee this? Even if it does, does it guarantee future success? If it did, I'm all for it. Longevity is what we need now.

Spending more money guarantees nothing. Spending less money? Well now I would think that would only have one outcome. Wanting less money? Never heard the likes in my life.

Ozyhibby
19-06-2014, 04:57 PM

Last thing I want in my wallet is something that says 'no matter how bad a service you provide, I'll keep giving you money'.

JHFC
19-06-2014, 05:00 PM
How much would it need to be reduced by to encourage ''hundreds more'' to buy one that normally wouldn't bother?

300-350 depending on where it is located. Also I think they should half the price of children/student season tickets. Even if that means when bought with and aldult or in a group of two or more for students? thoughts? So basically buy one get one free or along those lines.

madhatter
19-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Spending more money guarantees nothing. Spending less money? Well now I would think that would only have one outcome. Wanting less money? Never heard the likes in my life.

Wanting less money? I don't understand this bit...

If someone wants to invest millions so we can get a really decent squad, I'm not going to complain. Until that day, we need to scout better and get better value for the money we have.

This is the way I see it:

Sign a player from St Johnstone because he did quite well for them (Liam Craig). Spend cash on his wages for 2 years and likely clear him out afterwards.

OR

Scout players, wait until at least 2 scouts have assessed a player and reported back on his merits. Both on a short term and long term basis. Then scout other players of a similar type and compare the reports. Concentrate on a large proportion of these players being of a young variety and make sure to extend any contracts offered as swiftly as possible when/if they perform well.

Say we do get promoted after spending a large budget on senior journeyman, what happens if they under perform in the Premier League/Premiership? What if we get relegated after coming up? Sack manager and ask for an equally big budget? Get new journeymen? I do not see logic...

Lucius Apuleius
19-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Wanting less money? I don't understand this bit...

If someone wants to invest millions so we can get a really decent squad, I'm not going to complain. Until that day, we need to scout better and get better value for the money we have.

This is the way I see it:

Sign a player from St Johnstone because he did quite well for them (Liam Craig). Spend cash on his wages for 2 years and likely clear him out afterwards.

OR

Scout players, wait until at least 2 scouts have assessed a player and reported back on his merits. Both on a short term and long term basis. Then scout other players of a similar type and compare the reports. Concentrate on a large proportion of these players being of a young variety and make sure to extend any contracts offered as swiftly as possible when/if they perform well.

Say we do get promoted after spending a large budget on senior journeyman, what happens if they under perform in the Premier League/Premiership? What if we get relegated after coming up? Sack manager and ask for an equally big budget? Get new journeymen? I do not see logic...

Look, you actually come over as reasonably intelligent with pretty well structured sentences etc. However you also come over as a bit of a numpty. you are the one that said you hoped Hibs had a lower budget! I do not for one second disagree that we need to make better use of the money we have but wishing we had less? Crazy. Anyway I am out, better things to do in life than labour a point like this.

madhatter
19-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Look, you actually come over as reasonably intelligent with pretty well structured sentences etc. However you also come over as a bit of a numpty. you are the one that said you hoped Hibs had a lower budget! I do not for one second disagree that we need to make better use of the money we have but wishing we had less? Crazy. Anyway I am out, better things to do in life than labour a point like this.

I see your point but putting proper scouting in place and stopping us wasting money on poor players' wages is the most important thing now.

Jamesie
19-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Wonder how many seasons gave been sold since 25 May - I doubt if it will be in to three figures.

lord bunberry
19-06-2014, 10:18 PM
I had a quick look on the website yesterday and the price for the famous five was £355, I'm sure that's what I paid during the early bird period. I thought that if you renewed early you got a discount.

wookie70
19-06-2014, 10:23 PM
I am in the FF and there is no incentive for buying early. There wasn't last year either.

SteveHFC
19-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Wonder how many seasons gave been sold since 25 May - I doubt if it will be in to three figures.

At least 1 :greengrin

Beefster
20-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Last thing I want in my wallet is something that says 'no matter how bad a service you provide, I'll keep giving you money'.

I see it as something that says "even when the chips are down and folk are deserting in their droves, I stick by the club".

JimBHibees
20-06-2014, 06:01 AM
I am in the FF and there is no incentive for buying early. There wasn't last year either.

Pretty sure there was a reduced figure for buying by the date in April and also you were able to get the payment plan option.

Ringothedog
20-06-2014, 06:08 AM
I see it as something that says "even when the chips are down and folk are deserting in their droves, I stick by the club".

This 100%. People have a choice, you either support the team in its time of need or you don't. If you don't support the team financially then don't come moaning on here in December when we are toiling mid table. I personally will support the club and if we don't put the money in who will ? There is no sugar daddy waiting to help us.

marinello59
20-06-2014, 06:09 AM
300-350 depending on where it is located. Also I think they should half the price of children/student season tickets. Even if that means when bought with and aldult or in a group of two or more for students? thoughts? So basically buy one get one free or along those lines.

I think you would have to sell a hell of a lot more season tickets just to compensate those who have already bought tickets. All it will do is cost the club money. (And judging by the comments on here there is no great clamour from those who have already paid to get any sort of refund.)

TornadoHibby
20-06-2014, 06:42 AM

Of course people want the club to get out of this league at the first time of asking if possible. :rolleyes:

However, why do the fans need to keep baling out the clubs finances due to complete mismanagement of the football management selection process year after year and the resultant very poor on the pitch performances, none of which the fans have so far been able to influence in amy material way other then stopping paying to get in to watch matches.? :dunno: :hmmm:

In any other business, if the owners want to restore an element of improved business performance to their business, they provide the finance for it either directly by personal finance or by providing sufficient levels of guarantee of repayment in full of any loan finance borrowed to meet the funding requirements of that improved business performance. :agree:

The owners stand to gain from any improved business performance in terms of their own bank balance and, as we all know, "the value of investments can go down as well as up", so they must surely fund the losses which arise as a result of poor management. :agree:

Indeed in some sectors of business, business debt funders (banks) will require owners (equity shareholders such as STF and RP) to provide "Cost Over-run Guarantees" such that, if business costs rise in excess of a level that can reasonably be expected to have been necessary to generate a profitable level of business or, to carry out specific strategic or operational business functions or tasks, then the owners must introduce whatever additional funds to the business as are specified in that Guarantee. :agree:

I wonder why STF and RP are not taking this funding situation by the scruff of the neck and dealing with it as most business owners would expect to have to deal with such a situation in their business(es)? :hmmm:

Is it reasonable to expect the paying customers of a business to financially bale out its "favourite supplier" because the owners, those responsible for its current demise, are unwilling to do so? :hmmm: :dunno:

If so why? :wink:

Discuss!

One Day
20-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Pretty sure there was a reduced figure for buying by the date in April and also you were able to get the payment plan option.

There was no reduced figure for the FF for buying early,

ahibby
20-06-2014, 09:11 AM
I personally don't want anything back. The money is already spent and so I'm losing nowt IMO. Keep it Hibs and get us out of the Championship at first asking!

Ozyhibby
20-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Money has not been the problem at Easter road. Our budget has been high enough to keep us challenging at the top of the spl.
Until the real problems at the club are removed then there is no point throwing good money after bad.

TornadoHibby
21-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Of course people want the club to get out of this league at the first time of asking if possible. :rolleyes:

However, why do the fans need to keep baling out the clubs finances due to complete mismanagement of the football management selection process year after year and the resultant very poor on the pitch performances, none of which the fans have so far been able to influence in amy material way other then stopping paying to get in to watch matches.? :dunno:

In any other business, if the owners want to restore an element of improved business performance to their business, they provide the finance for it either directly by personal finance or by providing sufficient levels of guarantee of repayment in full of any loan finance borrowed to meet the funding requirements of that improved business performance. :agree:

The owners stand to gain from any improved business performance in terms of their own bank balance and, as we all know, "the value of investments can go down as well as up", so they must surely fund the losses which arise as a result of poor management. :agree:

Indeed in some sectors of business, business debt funders (banks) will require owners (equity shareholders such as STF and RP) to provide "Cost Over-run Guarantees" such that, if business costs rise in excess of a level that can reasonably be expected to have been necessary to generate a profitable level of business or, to carry out specific strategic or operational business functions or tasks, then the owners must introduce whatever additional funds to the business as are specified in that Guarantee. :agree:

I wonder why STF and RP are not taking this funding situation by the scruff of the neck and dealing with it as most business owners would expect to have to deal with such a situation in their business(es)? :hmmm:

Is it reasonable to expect the paying customers of a business to financially bale out its "favourite supplier" because the owners, those responsible for its current demise, are unwilling to do so? :dunno:

Discuss!

Surpised that no-one joined the thought process on this post bearing in mind the outcry about "beyond the football" problems being at the root cause of the troubles at Hibs! :hmmm:

Man Utd lost £millions due to last season's results yet they didn't ask the fans to "step up to the plate" and empty yur pockets to help the club!

No, their owners and Board simply took advice on how much money was required to support the new manager that they have now installed in post to allow him to "refresh" the squad and talent finding processes and stated that they would cover those costs!

That's what usually happens in most business when there is a perceived need of the owners to protect the value of their investment!

Anyone got any views on either of these posts? :greengrin

Ray_
21-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Surpised that no-one joined the thought process on this post bearing in mind the outcry about "beyond the football" problems being at the root cause of the troubles at Hibs! :hmmm:

Man Utd lost £millions due to last season's results yet they didn't ask the fans to "step up to the plate" and empty yur pockets to help the club!

No, their owners and Board simply took advice on how much money was required to support the new manager that they have now installed in post to allow him to "refresh" the squad and talent finding processes and stated that they would cover those costs!

That's what usually happens in most business when there is a perceived need of the owners to protect the value of their investment!

Anyone got any views on either of these posts? :greengrin

Wrong example using MU I think, the season tickets prices soared when the Glaziers took over, as a means to pay off their debt in buying the club, so their tickets were already astronomically high.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Hospitality/Ticket-Prices/Season-Tickets.aspx

bobbyhibs1983
21-06-2014, 10:39 AM
This 100%. People have a choice, you either support the team in its time of need or you don't. If you don't support the team financially then don't come moaning on here in December when we are toiling mid table. I personally will support the club and if we don't put the money in who will ? There is no sugar daddy waiting to help us.

I can see what you are saying eddie and fully respect your stance but hibs as a club have been asking fans for a few years to back the club as as far as i am aware alot of fans have paid a heck of alot of money a heck of alot.

You say you will support the team, so if hibs turned round and said okay fans we will put UP season tickets to a grand(£1000) a season ticket you will still buy one?
a lil far feched i know(and know that being able to afford the big prices is an issue for some people) but it comes down to what people are willing(and able) to pay.

as a club hibs have been relegated, they have been downgraded if you will ,so i feel the price of a season ticket(and patg) should reflect this.(this of course is imo)

But then alot of people make a good argument in respect of helping the club.the manager/mangers budget.so if thats the case why dont the fans pay over the odds for other things too? buy last seasons top sir for £30? No but i ll help the managers budget and i ll give you a £75 for it.

as you have said if people wanna buy season tickets then great.If however they do not wanna overpay then i think people should be respected enough for having the right to choose and well not be labelled as a "less of a supporter" for choosing not to do what they think is right

marinello59
21-06-2014, 12:03 PM

However, why do the fans need to keep baling out the clubs finances due to complete mismanagement of the football management selection process year after year and the resultant very poor on the pitch performances, none of which the fans have so far been able to influence in amy material way other then stopping paying to get in to watch matches.? :dunno: :hmmm:

Is it reasonable to expect the paying customers of a business to financially bale out its "favourite supplier" because the owners, those responsible for its current demise, are unwilling to do so? :hmmm: :dunno:

Discuss!

Football is not like any other business. There is a limited customer base because unlike supermarkets customers aren't going to be won over from our competitors. If Hibs mean no more than Tesco or Asda to you then your argument is good. They mean a damn site more than that to most of us though I would guess.
If people don't want to support the club financially then fine. Just dont try and tell the rest of us we are some sort of fool for continuing to pay our way.

TornadoHibby
21-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Football is not like any other business. There is a limited customer base because unlike supermarkets customers aren't going to be won over from our competitors. If Hibs mean no more than Tesco or Asda to you then your argument is good. They mean a damn site more than that to most of us though I would guess.
If people don't want to support the club financially then fine. Just dont try and tell the rest of us we are some sort of fool for continuing to pay our way.

In answer to these two "points", I do support the club and I wasn't telling anyone to do anything like you suggest but never let the truth get in the way of a good story or making a point that was never there!

It was an observation on what was happening historically at Hibs and I simply said it was not the norm in situations such as Hibs find themselves on right now and asked for opinions on that.

If that's enough to upset you to the point where you get personal then, assumong that you don't know me, that is not the sort of comment I would have expected from a "stranger"!

So some subjects aren't even able to bd debated if you admins don't like them then?

Beefster
22-06-2014, 07:04 AM
So some subjects aren't even able to bd debated if you admins don't like them then?

I took m59's comments to be personal, rather than any part of his admin role.

Your posts haven't really been debated as no-one seems to want to, for whatever reason.

Barney McGrew
22-06-2014, 07:23 AM

Is anyone stopping you debating anything?

marinello59
22-06-2014, 07:24 AM
In answer to these two "points", I do support the club and I wasn't telling anyone to do anything like you suggest but never let the truth get in the way of a good story or making a point that was never there!

It was an observation on what was happening historically at Hibs and I simply said it was not the norm in situations such as Hibs find themselves on right now and asked for opinions on that.

If that's enough to upset you to the point where you get personal then, assumong that you don't know me, that is not the sort of comment I would have expected from a "stranger"!

Anything I post on here is a personal opinion. I don't see where I was getting personal and I certainly don't get upset by anything posted on an Internet forum. I'll withdraw from further debate here though.

Nevi_SOL
22-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Why don't the board resolve this by saying no drop in price but how much kicks for kids season tickets have been bought they will double this or a free shirt or something

GGTTH

Ray_
22-06-2014, 08:09 AM

This to a degree, however, we still have to attract first time supporters away from the old firm and hearts in the first place.

Where we live, Colchester is the nearest league team and on that basis my nephew, who is a big footy fan, was going to get a season ticket for there, but they were too dear, so he got one for Ipswich instead.

Jim Herriot
22-06-2014, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=Lucius Apuleius;4068824]Look, you actually come over as reasonably intelligent with pretty well structured sentences etc.[/(QUOTE]

Well done to madhatter for expressing his opinion clearly, and well done to those who agreed or disagreed without resort to abuse or name-calling.
Sadly that's a minority it appears.

Note that I have neither agreed nor disagreed with his point, so don't bother arguing with me.

GGTTH