PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon on the BBC

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Comes across quite well. Uses far more bigger words than when he was interviewed by the Weegia.

Certainly far better than that Robbie Savage. Of all the ex-players to pick from why Savage (and Neville)?

TheFamous1875
17-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Uses far more bigger words than when he was interviewed by the Weegia.

To be fair, they probably omit all of his 'bigger' words to appease the vocabular fortitude of their readers :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibsmad
17-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Think he has been pretty decent to be honest.

The studio lights, coupled with the dark backdrop, don't do him any favours though. He looks like a bottle of Irn-Bru, only more orange.

Smartie
17-06-2014, 01:29 PM
A couple of people who I know, know him and say that he's actually totally sound.

I've always wanted to dislike him, and to be honest it wasn't really difficult when he was the Celtic manager. I think he's one of these ultra-competitive characters that becomes a bit of a knob whenever he gets near a competitive environment, either as a player or as manager, and will do almost anything to win.

His "seeking clarification" behaviour was deplorable and quite irresponsible given the job that he was in at the time so he brought some of his hassle on himself. Although equally deplorable is some of the nonsense that he's had to take from that lot on the other side of Glasgow purely because of his background.

I agree that he seemed to come across well. It's good when you get a new face popping up with a different perspective at these big tournaments.

E10 Rifle
17-06-2014, 01:34 PM
I think he'll be relieved to get out of Weeg and its poisonous atmosphere. Agree he did bring a lot on himself at times but the abuse must be 24/7 365 in that job. His analysis is decent.

Still remember him bossing the 2001 cup final ... the git :rolleyes:

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 01:47 PM
My Mrs goes mental whenever he comes on the telly....thinks he looks dirty, trampy and is a wee rat.

The amazing thing is, i never brain washed her into it at all!!!

Disliked the guy few years ago, played against Celtic in a reserve match and him and Alan Thomson were arrogant, rude human beings. To be fair though, good on the telly and i agree with the post above saying it looks like the world has been lifted from his shoulders being out of Glasgow

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Doesn't everyone understand that the only people that express a dislike for Neil Lennon are small minded Bigots?

It must be true, I've heard so many Celtc Fans say it.

Aldo
17-06-2014, 03:04 PM
By all accounts a really decent guy away from the game.

Think he's been one of the better pundits tbh.

Danderhall Hibs
17-06-2014, 04:48 PM
I don't mind him. Didn't mind him when he was Celtic manager either - wasn't keen on him as a player though.

cam75
17-06-2014, 04:59 PM
My Mrs goes mental whenever he comes on the telly....thinks he looks dirty, trampy and is a wee rat.

The amazing thing is, i never brain washed her into it at all!!!

Disliked the guy few years ago, played against Celtic in a reserve match and him and Alan Thomson were arrogant, rude human beings. To be fair though, good on the telly and i agree with the post above saying it looks like the world has been lifted from his shoulders being out of Glasgow
My Other half says he looks like a orangutans ass,her choice off words :)
GGTTH

Nutmegged
17-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I never paid much attention to his press conferences but if you follow a number of journalists on Twitter you'd have noticed that for years now they've been saying how philosophical he is on the game, a very good talker by all accounts, thats probably when he gets balls deep into conversations though, by the time it hits the TV news stations we just get little snippets.

With that in mind I don't know if the Press did enough to get his personality over, it became quite easy to dislike him, all we really saw was the snarling face with certain quotes, I rremember when the Hearts fan attacked him at the PBS in 2011 most of the photos showed that guy on his back and Lennon standing over him.

He is a right sore loser tho'...that isn't always a bad thing mind you, wish we had some

hibsbollah
17-06-2014, 05:13 PM
He's been surprisingly good at the punditry lark.

CmoantheHibs
17-06-2014, 05:25 PM
I know Lennon can be annoying and likes to wind people up but Ive always kind of liked him.He is a good pundit and does come over well.I think him and WGS would be an interesting and entertaining combination as analyst.

steakbake
17-06-2014, 05:32 PM
I don't mind Lennon. Knows the game well and does come out with some insightful stuff.

TheFamous1875
17-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I know Lennon can be annoying and likes to wind people up but Ive always kind of liked him.He is a good pundit and does come over well.I think him and WGS would be an interesting and entertaining combination as analyst.

He and WGS were spotted chatting to the side of the ITV cameras and Chiles referred to both of them as 'Scots'. And then apologised at the next segment, the tit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WestCoastHibby
17-06-2014, 05:41 PM
I think he'll be relieved to get out of Weeg and its poisonous atmosphere. Agree he did bring a lot on himself at times but the abuse must be 24/7 365 in that job. His analysis is decent.

Still remember him bossing the 2001 cup final ... the git :rolleyes:

He certainly often came across as a belligerent type but does seem to have something between the lugs.
Just wish Adrian Chiles had stuck to sniffing around Irish co-presenters.......

ballengeich
17-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Over the years I've encountered a number of otherwise decent and likeable people who become total bellends in the part of their lives that involves support of Celtic. I suspect Lennon is of that group, as the accounts of him from people who've met him away from the club diverge totally from what everyone has seen when he's played for and managed the club.

He's seems a good analyst and he'll be a better man away from Parkhead.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Think he's been really good as a pundit. Articulate, analytical and very knowledgable about the game. Doesn't rely on the usual tired cliches.

Also thought he and Shearer dealt with a potentially tricky situation well too.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Just wish Adrian Chiles had stuck to sniffing around Irish co-presenters.......
Is that like the plural of Chile?

emerald green
17-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Neil Lennon was/is a hate figure, especially with the moronic bigoted knobs at Greyskull and PBS.

I wish Hibs could get a manager with his drive, love for the club, and will to win that he had at Celtic.

givescotlandfreedom
18-06-2014, 01:01 AM
I'll buck the trend and say I've thought he was a pretty obnoxious individual since Emilio Izaguirre pretended to have been headbutted by Ivan, right in front of the away dugout, to get him sent off in a cup game at ER and Lennon was shouting abuse into the West Stand (as he regularly did) for Hibs fans daring to take umbridge at that. Classless cheat IMO.

Baader
18-06-2014, 01:27 AM
Saw him interviewed years ago as a player and was surprised at how articulate and well he came across. Hes a good pundit and gets his points across very well.

Must be something about Celtic as couldn't stand Strachan when he was there either as it seemed to affect him too. I met Gordon in a club once when he was Coventry manager and we got chatting about Hibs. He was with his wife and even sought us out before he left to say goodbye. A real gent. Must be something about the goldfish bowl of managing one half of the old firm and all the poisonous stuff that goes with it as he came across as a chippy, paranoid idiot when managing them..