PDA

View Full Version : What does Due Diligence mean?

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 12:28 PM
I reckon it means waiting until Terry comes back from his hols and then sacking him. And then interviewing a few managers and then hiring Stuart McCall.

Or am I being too cynical?

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 01:04 PM
He has already been sacked???

COnfused here

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 01:07 PM
He has already been sacked???

COnfused here

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, BD, but yes, Butcher has left the building.

nribs
17-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, BD, but yes, Butcher has left the building.

I think he was confused by your post. Should have been !!! Not ???

scott7_0(Prague)
17-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Or am I being too cynical?[/COLOR]

if Cynical means daft as a door brush then yes.

Butcher as pointed out by others have been and gone. MM and SM know about being sacked, but yet to collect personal belongings.

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 01:12 PM

so what does your post mean

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I think he was confused by your post. Should have been !!! Not ???

Got it, sorry.

What I meant was that she used the phrase "due diligence" as a smoke screen to pretend it wasn't all pre-planned.

Or have I been Petrie-fied?

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 01:16 PM

Butcher as pointed out by others have been and gone. MM and SM know about being sacked, but yet to collect personal belongings.

Unfortunately, it doesn't. But thanks for the insult anyway.

MrRobot
17-06-2014, 01:22 PM

SM hasn't been sacked.

nribs
17-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Got it, sorry.

What I meant was that she used the phrase "due diligence" as a smoke screen to pretend it wasn't all pre-planned.

Or have I been Petrie-fied?
If we had a new manager he'd be announced by now and the media would be all over it. I believe we are interviewing

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 01:33 PM
If we had a new manager he'd be announced by now and the media would be all over it. I believe we are interviewing

You're right. I just suspect all that business-speak, don't you?

Oh well, time for another walk in the ideas garden...

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 01:37 PM

Be sure to feed the Unicorn

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 01:42 PM
I reckon it means waiting until Terry comes back from his hols and then sacking him. And then interviewing a few managers and then hiring Stuart McCall.

Cynical.

Due diligence is following the company's written procedures in line with Companies House rules. Butcher could not be sacked until it was agreed at a Board Meeting. The new post has to be advertised and prospective candidates interviewed. Then a recommendation made to the Board by LD. If McCall is the recommendation then sobeit. But I very much doubt it.

Of course an EGM could have been called on the morning after relegation and Butcher sacked then, but the non-executive Chairman chose to wait until he could buck-pass to LD.

PETRIE OOT

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Be sure to feed the Unicorn

Good thinking. We need a more blue-sky approach to compatible transitional alignment.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't. But thanks for the insult anyway.

it wasnt an insult, it was light hearted humour :rolleyes:

people are easily offended these days.

SM hasn't been sacked.

I stand corrected, but TB and MM are certainly gone.

greenginger
17-06-2014, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Turkish Green;4066120]Cynical.

Due diligence is following the company's written procedures in line with Companies House rules. Butcher could not be sacked until it was agreed at a Board Meeting. The new post has to be advertised and prospective candidates interviewed. Then a recommendation made to the Board by LD. If McCall is the recommendation then sobeit. But I very much doubt it.

Of course an EGM could have been called on the morning after relegation and Butcher sacked then, but the non-executive Chairman chose to wait until he could buck-pass to LD.

I think a lot of the posturing and i dotting by Hibs will be to minimize any compensation claim by Butcher.

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 01:48 PM

Sorry!

MrRobot
17-06-2014, 02:13 PM

Thankfully. I backed them right up until the actual sacking but looking at it, im glad we are gonna have a change. I just wish we got the appointment right in the first palce so we weren't changing managers again.

emerald green
17-06-2014, 06:33 PM
In a nutshell, it means doing your homework properly, unlike the last time, or the time before that.

Iggy Pope
17-06-2014, 06:57 PM
We'll done Dan Sarf. The crappest thread in a whole load of crappy and pointless threads of late.

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 07:04 PM
We'll done Dan Sarf. The crappest thread in a whole load of crappy and pointless threads of late.

Thanks very much. We must have a drink sometime. In different pubs, obviously. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
17-06-2014, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=dan sarf;4066441]Thanks very much. We must have a drink sometime. In different pubs, obviously. :

Different towns seems a better idea. Sorry to single your thread out but I'm on my jollies and can't find time to call out some of the rest of the utter garbage thrown around on here.

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=dan sarf;4066441]Thanks very much. We must have a drink sometime. In different pubs, obviously. :

Different towns seems a better idea. Sorry to single your thread out but I'm on my jollies and can't find time to call out some of the rest of the utter garbage thrown around on here.

No worries, I agree with you! Just desperately trying to keep distracted while we wait for the fitba to start again.

Stonewall
17-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Cynical.

PETRIE OOT

Or equally Petrie had no intention of sacking Butcher because of the costs involved, allowed TB to tell a bunch of out of contract players they were free to leave with the intention of replacing them with cheaper. LD comes in and interviews TB to see if they can work together, thinks he's an idiot and launches him with Petrie in no position to interfere.

Petrie Out!

Bristolhibby
18-06-2014, 07:17 AM

Due Diligence is simply checking your facts out before you do something.

So Due Diligence on applicants for the Hibs managers job, would be to check references, check that what they are saying in the application is t pish and doing your own research into the person before conducting a short list process.

J

Ronniekirk
18-06-2014, 07:56 AM

CWG is your man if you want detail on due diligence If McCall was a done deal like you are implying it would of happened by now IMO That's not to say she isn't working on this at present but at the same time applying due diligence to other candidates hence she is down south just now doing just that in respect of Alan Stubbs . She knows she needs to get this appointment right first time so it's a lot of pressure Petrie will be glad to take a back seat on this one .

jacomo
19-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Or equally Petrie had no intention of sacking Butcher because of the costs involved, allowed TB to tell a bunch of out of contract players they were free to leave with the intention of replacing them with cheaper. LD comes in and interviews TB to see if they can work together, thinks he's an idiot and launches him with Petrie in no position to interfere.

Petrie Out!

Rod: "Hey Terry, desperate season and all that, why don't you go away with the family for a week or so? All this will blow over and we'll start planning for next season when you get back. Send me a postcard!"

LD: "Hi everybody, great to be here at last, although circumstances could be better. WTF happened there eh? I think priority No.1 is for me to chat to the manager and see if he has any sort of a plan to get us out of this hole. Terry? Terry where are you?"

mjhibby
19-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Runs in the golden jubilee stakes at ascot on sat. 8 to 1 3rd fav over 6f. Good chance as trained by aiden obrien. Seriously it is checking everybody who fits our criteria and who wants the job. Still think we havent heard the eventual mgrs name yet.

Turkish Green
20-06-2014, 02:13 PM
I now find out that Due Diligence includes taking the preferred candidate out for an all expenses paid lunch at a smart pub, before making any announcement.

Petrie is a spiv.