PDA

View Full Version : Abuse to a new Low

Global Hibby
16-06-2014, 10:11 PM
The abuse i have received on this site has now reached my mobile phone today and thats not acceptable. So am out of this now !!

The caller or maybe even callers hide their number just as they do their identity on here.

To the fans who showed some faith and supported my attempt to help and the members on here, who know me to be genuine i thank you.

To those who from the the first pages of my OP to the last pages.......you won and trust you are pleased with your victory. Your tenacity and determination prevailed and pity that you could not focus those energies into positivity.

An early supportive poster commented that by the time the OP got to page 15 i would be out of here due to the abuse i would get and he was almost correct as its page 16.

skipster7
16-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Sorry but load of attention seeking nonsense imo

leggeto
Why were you getting abuse?

Onceinawhile
I've not seen any of the abuse you received, but if you were serious about the whole buying out farmer thing you wouldn't quit based on some people on the internet giving you abuse.

You are either a huge big über sensitive soft touch or a troll.

stoneyburn hibs
16-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Thought it may end going down this road.
Bye, pm me if you want my identity.

Jack
16-06-2014, 10:16 PM
The abuse i have received on this site has now reached my mobile phone today and thats not acceptable. So am out of this now !!

The caller or maybe even callers hide their number just as they do their identity on here.

To the fans who showed some faith and supported my attempt to help and the members on here, who know me to be genuine i thank you.

To those who from the the first pages of my OP to the last pages.......you won and trust you are pleased with your victory. Your tenacity and determination prevailed and pity that you could not focus those energies into positivity.

An early supportive poster commented that by the time the OP got to page 15 i would be out of here due to the abuse i would get and he was almost correct as its page 16.

How do you know it was Hibbies?

nribs
16-06-2014, 10:17 PM
How is anybody getting your number? If they don't know who you are? you do realise youebop now looks even more unbelievable now?

Dinkydoo
I agree with Antwerp. I'm not condoning the abuse and like many posters, I was holding back in getting involved in any of your threads until something a little more concrete reared its head. I would be serious about pledging a small amount of cash each month to a good cause however I don't think anyone with the supposed amount of finances that you have, who was serious about using it drive major change in ownership and direction at ER, would be put off by a bunch of anonymous posters on a fan forum.

nribs
Just another thought why start a new thread?

BVB Hibs
16-06-2014, 10:18 PM
The guy wanting to Invest 1 million pounds into Hibs and not willing to back up who he was has told us he's out. What a surprise...

Global Hibby
16-06-2014, 10:19 PM
I've not seen any of the abuse you received, but if you were serious about the whole buying out farmer thing you wouldn't quit based on some people on the internet giving you abuse.

Sorry...you thinks its acceptable to get abusive calls into my home........

Amazing anyone would support that behaviour !!

i wont waste any more of my time replying to comments like those above.

.Sean.
Have I missed something? How in earth would anyone have your phone number?

Greencore
Why would you even put your number online?

It was /b/!!!!!

Scouse Hibee
Well, well what a surprise :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
Imagine the abuse if you actually succeeded in leading a buy out?

Probably best you bow out now if you're not particularly thick skinned.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2014, 10:20 PM
:bye: Nice try :faf:

SaulGoodman
16-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Being serious I will put my years wages into saving Hibs.

sidjames
16-06-2014, 10:21 PM
What a load of bollox.

hibees 7062
16-06-2014, 10:21 PM
How is anybody getting your number? If they don't know who you are? you do realise youebop now looks even more unbelievable now?

:agree: :top marks

Allant1981
16-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Its been a load of crap from the start, if thats you not going to invest now you may as well tell us all who you are so we can cry into our pillows tonight knowing we have lost out on a good thing

Heisenberg
16-06-2014, 10:23 PM
This news has massively shocked me. I totally believed that some random poster on a fans forum was willing to chuck in 1 million pound then a further 20k per month to help the club.

Ronniekirk
16-06-2014, 10:24 PM

This is a ridiculous post IMO .There were plenty posters engaging you in constructive dialogue .The real issue was a lack of credibility and your opening post on this thread just confirms IMO that people were right to be sceptical .

EdinMike
16-06-2014, 10:24 PM
I can understand someone getting your IP, and emailing you. Your *mobile* phone number is your own. Unless you gave it out ?!

I could easily find your address right now through the IP. Mobile Phone number, nah.

And for that Get Out, and stay out.

Aaron
16-06-2014, 10:29 PM
It was /b/!!!!!

Rules number 1 & 2 of the internetz! :wink:

Forza Fred
16-06-2014, 10:32 PM
What a surprise!

Who could have predicted such an outcome....:greengrin

TheReg!
16-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Delete this rubbish, Walter Mitty of the highest order!!!

The_Todd
16-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Anyone could have found his number by looking up "Richard" in the phone book, obviously.

GoldenMeerkat
16-06-2014, 10:36 PM
This has all become rather tedious.

Dirkster23
16-06-2014, 10:36 PM

Yer joking? I spent all weekend counting the pennies in my saving bottle and searching down the back of the couch for change so i could be a part of this. There's a weekend I'll never get back!

calder45a
16-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Its been a load of crap from the start, if thats you not going to invest now you may as well tell us all who you are so we can cry into our pillows tonight knowing we have lost out on a good thing

Can the admins on this site not check his IP address to make sure he is not typing this from his bedroom in Gorgie.

1875STEVE
16-06-2014, 10:39 PM
FFS

Never seen this coming............

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nribs
16-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Can the admins on this site not check his IP address to make sure he is not typing this from his bedroom in Gorgie.

He has been vouched for and verified.

SaulGoodman
16-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Being serious I will put my years wages into saving Hibs.

On second thought, this abuse is out of order. I'm out.

RIP Bestie
16-06-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm just surprised your bull***t merited a 16 page thread.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 10:44 PM
The guy could be the real deal but I guess we'll never know now. The phone call claims sound a bit iffy but you would have to have more balls for this buy out matter to let a couple of calls to your mobile put you off. Why not just block them. Simples.

Or maybe he's a bit peeved that Nigeria didn't beat Iran tonight?

Answers on a postcard.

hibees 7062
16-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Load of Richard the third

LTYF

RIP
16-06-2014, 10:45 PM

Can we assume it is only Hibs.Net that he is abandoning and not Hibernian Football Club?

calder45a
16-06-2014, 10:47 PM
The guy could be the real deal but I guess we'll never know now. The phone call claims sound a bit iffy but you would have to have more balls for this buy out matter to let a couple of calls to your mobile put you off. Why not just block them. Simples.

Or maybe he's a bit peeved that Nigeria didn't beat Iran tonight?

Answers on a postcard.
Bah....I've recorded that.

FranckSuzy
16-06-2014, 10:47 PM

Exactly :agree: Kenny Waugh Snr. once told me that buying Hibs was one of the toughest things he'd ever done as Hibs fans hated him as much, if not more than the fans of other clubs BUT he still wouldn't have changed it as he loved the club.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Bah....I've recorded that.

Only joking. They won 3-0. :greengrin

hibees 7062
16-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Exactly :agree: Kenny Waugh Snr. once told me that buying Hibs was one of the toughest things he'd ever done as Hibs fans hated him as much, if not more than the fans of other clubs BUT he still wouldn't have changed it as he loved the club.

:agree:

SaulGoodman
16-06-2014, 10:50 PM

:agree:

It was a rip roaring game, you should watch it ASAP

calder45a
16-06-2014, 10:55 PM

:wink:

FranckSuzy
16-06-2014, 10:55 PM

:confused:

It's probably just as well you're walking away now at this point, as if you can't handle people hounding you in a relatively minor way, then you'd never be able to last the distance as the man at the top of Hibs. You were the one who sought all of the attention, with some pretty vague statements and are now confused/upset that some folk have taken the pee...sorry but it's rather childish, IMO. How do you think RP/STF etc cope with all of the flack coming their way? NOTHING would put me off saving my club if I was in a position to do so and certainly not a few idiots that think it's clever to harass someone. All your initial swagger hasn't half disappeared quickly :rolleyes:

Crazyhorse
16-06-2014, 11:01 PM

Ah well what a pity.

Hopefully Universal Hibby will be along soon with £1billion to invest and of course £1m a month to keep things ticking over.

Pray4Marc
16-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Instead of spending the million on Hibs, maybe invest in a communication course or an English dictionary.

Pretty Boy
16-06-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm genuinely utterly confused as to what's going on.

As i said I'v been out the loop for a couple of days but I think the summary is along the lines of:

Guy pitches up and offers a million up front and 20K a month to start a fund to buy Hibs, but later says it could be used for something else perhaps.

Guy gets a mixed response. Including a suprisingly positive one from a few who were very sceptical about Kanos intentions because he wouldn't tell us about stage 2. This guy, whoever he is, has still told us nothing of his long term plan.

Guy is confirmed as potentially legit. Certainly a businessman(?) but still no one will reveal who he actually is.

Few people claim he has been in touch with Rod, STF and is known to WT and is definitely legit.

Few people question said guy.

Guy claims to have received abuse and walks away in the huff.

I'm ridiculously confused. Certainly one of the strangest way I've seen someone do business. I'll put the idea about paying into a fund out there on a public forum but won't go into detail and won't reveal who I am. Where do I sign up?

FranckSuzy
16-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Instead of spending the million on Hibs, maybe invest in a communication course or an English dictionary.

:tee hee:

Waxy
16-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Gutted. The future looks bleak now. I thought you'd come to save us.

calder45a
16-06-2014, 11:10 PM

As i said I'v been out the loop for a couple of days but I think the summary is along the lines of:

Guy pitches up and offers a million up front and 20K a month to start a fund to buy Hibs, but later says it could be used for something else perhaps.

Guy gets a mixed response. Including a suprisingly positive one from a few who were very sceptical about Kanos intentions because he wouldn't tell us about stage 2. This guy, whoever he is, has still told us nothing of his long term plan.

Guy is confirmed as potentially legit. Certainly a businessman(?) but still no one will reveal who he actually is.

Few people claim he has been in touch with Rod, STF and is known to WT and is definitely legit.

I'm ridiculously confused. Certainly one of the strangest way I've seen someone do business. I'll put the idea about paying into a fund out there on a public forum but won't go into detail and won't reveal who I am. Where do I sign up?
Good synopsis.
Will save a bit of reading for the uninformed.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Don't panic lads I'll take his place. Just found a suitcase in the loft with a million big ones in it. Must have been left by the previous occupants.

There's people on here who will vouch for me and if you look at any of my 15,000 plus posts on here you'll see that I don't post Tom Kite.

As for the £20,000 a week that's shouldn't be a problem either as my Jobseekers payment is due an increase.

Happy days.

Pray4Marc
16-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Richard is a yam. Makes you think, he must be a really really troubled individual with mental issues to come up with such fantasy. I picture the real Richard visually as Napoleon Dynamites brother. Sad sad human being.

calder45a
16-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Don't panic lads I'll take his place. Just found a suitcase in the loft with a million big ones in it. Must have been left by the previous occupants.

There's people on here who will vouch for me and if you look at any of my 15,000 plus posts on here you'll see that I don't post Tom Kite.

As for the £20,000 a week that's shouldn't be a problem either as my Jobseekers payment is due an increase.

Happy days.

You squatting in Richards loft ?

Pretty Boy
16-06-2014, 11:19 PM

Fancy chipping in a few quid a month to my fund to buy floor space in Richards loft?

Can't tell you who I am or how I'm going to achieve this but just trust me blindly and I promise I'm legit.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 11:19 PM

No but I do recall that when I moved in here the next door neighbour said that the person who stayed here previously was a dick.

Graham Law
16-06-2014, 11:21 PM

This OP of this thread and his offer of funding to Hibs i find to be nothing more than a laugh and he is in my opinion a YAM but if it is serious (which of course it is not) why does he have to invest in a communication course or English dictionary - Surely you are not suggesting you need to be well educated to be rich or successful or indeed have cash ?

I always find the slagging of a posters use of the English dictionary or grammatical errors to be a bit cringeworthy to be honest as i dont remember getting an English test prior to signing up for hibs.net (perhaps it has changed now).

Back onto the conversation in question and I have a billionaire Australian mate who is wanting to put mega $$$$$$$ into Hibernian but before he moves forward with his offer he wants assurances that nobody will call his house number and reverse the charges :greengrin

PS ... first time i have posted on hibs.net for ages as I forgot my password LOL ... cracker of a thread to make my comeback ..... welcome back to me

GGTTH

monktonharp
16-06-2014, 11:22 PM
ok Ms Rowling, you better invest in some single mum'z beaten up regularly set up, than fling a million intae a brokendown filmstars fitba club. unless you have othe plans for that spare million.:wink:

calder45a
16-06-2014, 11:22 PM
No but I do recall that when I moved in here the next door neighbour said that the person who stayed here previously was a dick.

J-C
16-06-2014, 11:27 PM

I was looking for a way to sum up this whole ridiculous buy out crap and you've just done it for me, cheers :aok:

The name I was given is legit but could find absolutely nothing about the guy, no background, nothing but a real name and a real business man. That's really how easy it is to fool people.

Pray4Marc
16-06-2014, 11:27 PM
This OP of this thread and his offer of funding to Hibs i find to be nothing more than a laugh and he is in my opinion a YAM but if it is serious (which of course it is not) why does he have to invest in a communication course or English dictionary - Surely you are not suggesting you need to be well educated to be rich or successful or indeed have cash ?

I always find the slagging of a posters use of the English dictionary or grammatical errors to be a bit cringeworthy to be honest as i dont remember getting an English test prior to signing up for hibs.net (perhaps it has changed now).

Back onto the conversation in question and I have a billionaire Australian mate who is wanting to put mega $$$$$$$ into Hibernian but before he moves forward with his offer he wants assurances that nobody will call his house number and reverse the charges :greengrin

PS ... first time i have posted on hibs.net for ages as I forgot my password LOL ... cracker of a thread to make my comeback ..... welcome back to me

GGTTH

Richard, your not very good at this game are you. If your trying to pretend to be someone else, at least change your style of writing and grammar. You gave it away in the final paragraph. #Mug

easty
16-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Damn.....well does anyone know what I can now do with 10000 freshly printed 'In Global Hibby We Trust' t-shirts and commemorative mugs? :cb

Pretty Boy
16-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Damn.....well does anyone know what I can now do with 10000 freshly printed 'In Global Hibby We Trust' t-shirts and commemorative mugs? :cb

Sell them as a job lot to Hibernian Retro?

calder45a
16-06-2014, 11:59 PM
I was looking for a way to sum up this whole ridiculous buy out crap and you've just done it for me, cheers :aok:

The name I was given is legit but could find absolutely nothing about the guy, no background, nothing but a real name and a real business man. That's really how easy it is to fool people.

Would you tell us his name ?
Since he/she has been recalled.

Graham Law
17-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Richard, your not very good at this game are you. If your trying to pretend to be someone else, at least change your style of writing and grammar. You gave it away in the final paragraph. #Mug

Please say your not being serious , that is almost as hilarious and funny as the guy or girl believing they are going to invest their monopoly cash into the club.

Just saying mate that slagging people's use of the English language or lack of it a bit silly on a fans forum and I find it to be a bit self important and vain.

Take it as you wish and bin it if you like as its just my opinion.

Classis that you think I am the poster though ...... I love it

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 12:16 AM
This is harder to follow than 'Lost'

The plot thickens.

The truth is I am Spartacus. :agree:

Graham Law
17-06-2014, 12:20 AM
He is using the username Graham Law now. Tried to troll me on bottom of page 2 of this thread. He gives it away on the final paragraph with the grammar. He is on kickback under the username Munch, evens admits his spelling is atrocious. Hopefully the admins ban his accounts.

Ooh dear more reference to grammer !!! You have a PM mate , I would read it.

Oh how I have missed you hibs.net

PS , I would sign up for the electric chair before signing up for Kickback ..

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-06-2014, 12:22 AM

Where did you post your mobile number?

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Where did you post your mobile number?

Through Rod Petrie's letterbox. :greengrin

Graham Law
17-06-2014, 12:27 AM
He is using the username Graham Law now. Tried to troll me on bottom of page 2 of this thread. He gives it away on the final paragraph with the grammar. He is on kickback under the username Munch, evens admits his spelling is atrocious. Hopefully the admins ban his accounts.

The game is up !!!! I signed up to hibs.net in 2006 with this plan in mind ... I have been asking Santa for a monopoly board every christmas and now have enough cash and own enough houses and hotels to make a formal bid to Sir Tom.... :-) classic

libernian
17-06-2014, 02:05 AM

um... im pretty sure its not graham law as i have a pm from him regarding a ticket for tynecastle a few years ago... who knows though, maybe it was in the hearts end :confused:

just joking, pretty sure graham law and global hibby not the same person though.. this whole episode with global hibby has been hilarious tbh

TheSouthMoroccan
17-06-2014, 02:20 AM
Well I am man enough to admit that he had me going. Ok it was a bit unusual to go public on a forum such as this but you could argue that it would be a quick and easy way to gauge initial opinion and hey I liked what he said about trust being lost rather than gained so I was willing to given him the benefit of the doubt. Anyone running a business needs to be thick skinned so I kind of assumed that he would soak up the abuse that he got. I'm now left hoping that it was a wind up because if it wasn't....:confused:

villager
17-06-2014, 02:24 AM
Graham law sorted me out with 2 tickets for the hibs end at Tynie in 2007 via hibs.net and pm. Met him to pick up The tickets, doubt very much he is global hibby.

marinello59
17-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Graham law sorted me out with 2 tickets for the hibs end at Tynie in 2007 via hibs.net and pm. Met him to pick up The tickets, doubt very much he is global hibby.

Me too. Because he isn't.:greengrin

MelbourneHibby
17-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Persons who have 'vouched' for him should reaffirm or admit they were tenuously vouching !!! Entertaining threads though...p.s I've met Graham Law good lad. & mates with Southampton Hibs.

Graham Law
17-06-2014, 04:03 AM
I unfortunately have bad news in that Sir Tom declined my offer of cash plus Mayfair and Park Lane for a 40% share in hibs .... He did say however he is seriously considering Global Hibbys offer ???? :-)

Not sure what was better for a little while - being thought of as the potential Walter Mitty owner of hibs or being remembered as the person that could always get you a ticket for the away end at PBS ?

Good times regardless of the scores at tiny and I fair miss the Rosie before the matches . I am hoping to get back to ER or tiny for a championship derby next year - I mean how could I miss such a blockbuster right !?!?

As a disclaimer I am not admitting publically that I am best mates with Southampton hibs :p ... legend of a guy - miss ya big dog...

GGTTH

Iain G
17-06-2014, 04:15 AM
Persons who have 'vouched' for him should reaffirm or admit they were tenuously vouching !!! Entertaining threads though...p.s I've met Graham Law good lad. & mates with Southampton Hibs.

Who are we vouching for? Global Law, Graham Hibby, Graham Global, Hibby Law, Southampton Hibs, Richard Law, Global Richard, Graham Richard, Richard Bryers or Cliff Richard (Global Law ltd)....am confused...

Graham Law
17-06-2014, 04:24 AM
Who are we vouching for? Global Law, Graham Hibby, Graham Global, Hibby Law, Southampton Hibs, Richard Law, Global Richard, Graham Richard, Richard Bryers or Cliff Richard (Global Law ltd)....am confused...

classic Iain - I am over in Wellington on business in July , trying to time it with the EPL teams being over there - we should catch up for a beer as I know a few other hibees attending mate ..

Back to teh main topic and like on Dragons Den .................. its a great idea and loads of people will be interested but i am sorry love ... am out !!!

CB_NO3
17-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Richard, please come back. I believed you. I mean when Abramovich took over at Chelsea the first thing he done was post on their forum. :wink:

MelbourneHibby
17-06-2014, 04:56 AM

Lol I was referring to 'Global Dicky'!

s2hart
17-06-2014, 05:32 AM
I've not been following these Global Hibs threads but it all seemed too good to be true, sorry if it's been mentioned before but the first thing that came to my mind when I read it was "is this that Desantos guy on the wind up again!" Was he not some Walter Mitty financial guru on the Yams Admin thread who thought he could get away with his name changes :confused: :greengrin

Hibbyradge
17-06-2014, 05:47 AM
100% legit...

Beefster
17-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Aw FFS. I spent all of yesterday baking. I'm now selling 197,307 cupcakes in order to fund the alcohol needed to drown my sorrows, if anyone is interested?

ozhibs
17-06-2014, 05:53 AM

Me Too and have been to a couple of Burns Supper's with Graham.

IanM
17-06-2014, 06:02 AM
I'm quite glad this turned out to be bull****, imagine if it was true and we tried to oust him a few years down the road!!

Petrie in
Global Hibby out

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2014, 06:10 AM

Sorry to hear this. Welcome to the real world.

gorgie greens
17-06-2014, 06:11 AM
to the guys who voutched for him have now got nothing to lose,Name the mystery man.

PiemanP
17-06-2014, 06:16 AM

Cheerio. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Unseen work
17-06-2014, 06:22 AM
This is exactly why I wouldn't want someone like yourself on board. Comes along thinks everything's rosey...doesn't go to plan and bails straight away.

We need winners. In this current situation we need people to dig deep when all is lost.

QMU-1875
17-06-2014, 06:23 AM
Can blatantly tell this munch guy has had the grand total of 0 human contact in the past 5 years. What a sad obsessed lonely person, just as worrying as the people who wrote emails to Lithuania I suppose!

Viva_Palmeiras
17-06-2014, 06:24 AM
to the guys who voutched for him have now got nothing to lose,Name the mystery man.

And what if the named individual was not the real "Richard" but a great pretender? Some innocent has been "outed". Poor show and until further checks are done I'd say tread carefully.

hibswillie
17-06-2014, 06:49 AM
The abuse i have received on this site has now reached my mobile phone today and thats not acceptable. So am out of this now !

I thought you you said the calls were to your mobile?

Aldo
17-06-2014, 06:53 AM

I can vouch for him.... Graham Law - that is. In fact we were both 2nd half subs - him at RB and me at CH when we beat the Yams 3-4 at the PBS in the rivals match!!

;-)

easty
17-06-2014, 07:01 AM
I can vouch for him.... Graham Law - that is. In fact we were both 2nd half subs - him at RB and me at CH when we beat the Yams 3-4 at the PBS in the rivals match!!

;-)

He's really playing the long con then!

Viva_Palmeiras
17-06-2014, 07:03 AM

Abusive calls are an offence under the communications act and should be reported as such.

stoneyburn hibs
17-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Global Hibby and those that vouched for him, hmmm. This site is awash with Yams.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 07:09 AM

Just to add: (supposed) guy turns op on Keekback to claim it was a wind up.

Number69
17-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Richard, when they called your house did your wife give the caller a warm welcome to the Bouquet (Bucket) residence?

If so, there's your problem right there.

Number69
17-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Oh, and could someone please LTYF!!!

nribs
17-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Global Hibby and those that vouched for him, hmmm. This site is awash with Yams.

Said the place was hoochin with them on the other thread only to have it questioned :) still hard to believe this guy was vouched for!

Cropley10
17-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Far, far more questions than answers. My biggest would be how folk got your mobile number. Strange.....?

KDY Hibs
17-06-2014, 07:23 AM

Attention seeking perhaps?

Bostonhibby
17-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Always treated this as a fantasy but I was hoping it would be wee Shaun Lawson jumping out the cake. Now know its unlikely as there's no way his mum would let him have a phone.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Said the place was hoochin with them on the other thread only to have it questioned :) still hard to believe this guy was vouched for!
Indeed he was. Even I posted that I suspected he was a yam. But no, well kent members of this forum vouched that they had met him and that he was the genuine article.

Red (or should that be maroon) faces all round.

LTYF

bawheid
17-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Should be easy enough to go back through the threads and pick them all off!

Beefster
17-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Far, far more questions than answers. My biggest would be how folk got your mobile number. Strange.....?

The first two numbers are 07.

The entire saga was uber-predictable...

"I want to buy the club with megabucks and will release details of the board etc later. I'm in regular contact with Sir Tom Farmer and Rodders. Who's with me?"

"Despite meetings with the owners, I have no idea if they want to sell or how much they'd be looking for."

"I'm not leading a buyout attempt. Who said I was?"

"Right guys, you're all ungrateful and some folk don't believe my anonymous offer of millions on a public message board. I'm out."

Sudds_1
17-06-2014, 07:32 AM

1. Impossible to know your personal details unless you give them out;
2. Serious investment proposals would merit a rather different, professional approach;
3. A better way to raise your personal profile and get 15 minutes of fame is on Britains got Talent.

Think about it.............
:cb

Sudds_1
17-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Always treated this as a fantasy but I was hoping it would be wee Shaun Lawson jumping out the cake. Now know its unlikely as there's no way his mum would let him have a phone.

There's no way the clinic would let him oot, never mind his ma. :greengrin

Conrad Gray
17-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Should be easy enough to go back through the threads and pick them all off!

Despite the popular opinion that he was at the wind up and the grief I will probably take.....Global Hibby is real,I have met him and known him for a number of years. I hope that he is still interested enough to assist with any forthcoming issues/schemes.

The Falcon
17-06-2014, 07:36 AM
He has been vouched for and verified.

I'm not convinced tbh. The guy Richard may exist I'm just not convinced thats him.

I've not really seen any abuse as such other than folk asking pertinent questions, which GH singularly failed to answer, even more so as his tale began to unravel. Maybe even slightly mocking in nature, but abuse?

As others have said all very predictable and "abuse" was always the get out.

If it is him I'm surprised he's reached the level he has given his lack of resilience.

Aldo
17-06-2014, 07:45 AM

The folk I know who Vouched for him are Hibs supporters and not Yams as you have mention. If your not happy then report them to the admins and let them deal with it all.

Aldo
17-06-2014, 07:49 AM

So what. Tbh folk have said the will contribute that's it. If someone wants to come on here and spend their time trying to get folk on a wind up then so be it.

If indeed this is a wind up and if GH is a yam then tbh then why do this sort of wind up considering them gullible roasters at the PBS parted with their share and ST monies and got nowt. They were robbed blind.

Time to move on I think.

I know this for a FACT either it will or it won't happen...

Pretty Boy
17-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Which is nonsense.

That is about the only thing I know for sure in the whole episode.

MrSmith
17-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Well, I suppose the guy achieved what he set out to do, include us all in 20 pages of rubbish! But, on the positive side, the yam trolls have been outed and I hope the admins take action to rid us of the jumbo fuds!

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Richard, do you need a cuddle? I always find when i have been abused, one of these helps me get through the day. :hug:

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Well, I suppose the guy achieved what he set out to do, include us all in 20 pages of rubbish! But, on the positive side, the yam trolls have been outed and I hope the admins take action to rid us of the jumbo fuds!

Who are the yam trolls?

I saw people who took the guy seriously, which may be a sign of naivety. Doesn't mean to say that they aren't Hibbies.

Aldo
17-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Who are the yam trolls? I saw people who took the guy seriously, which may be a sign of naivety. Doesn't mean to say that they aren't Hibbies.

Better watch CWG you be getting accused of being a troll next?? Or even worse a YAM!!

17-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Don't condone anyone giving abuse, no need for that. But the OP can hardly be surprised that there was a high level of skepticism surrounding his proposal. The OP gave very little information surrounding himself which could have made him more believable. Anyone can come onto a website and say they are a rich business man wanting to throw huge sums of money at the club so if the OP was genuine why would he not provide any evidence.

Ronniekirk
17-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Who are the yam trolls?

I saw people who took the guy seriously, which may be a sign of naivety. Doesn't mean to say that they aren't Hibbies.
You should know You are one of the Big Inflluencers on here according to Richard .:wink:

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2014, 08:06 AM
You should know You are one of the Big Inflluencers on here according to Richard .:wink:

Just call me the Great Influenza :wink:

easty
17-06-2014, 08:14 AM
The people who did vouch for him, with this is turning out to be bull****, why did you? What had those who vouched for him, convinced he was for real?

marinello59
17-06-2014, 08:21 AM

I am not picking on your post in particular BUT before we start any sort of witch hunt here perhaps people could simply report anything they regard as suspicious to the admin team and any action required will be taken.

J-C
17-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Would you tell us his name ?
Since he/she has been recalled.

I really don't want to give the name I was given on a forum page mate, in case the persons name I was given turns out to be a real name but not this Richard we are talking about, don't want to get into any legal problems by divulging his name, I will PM you the name I was given.

sleeping giant
17-06-2014, 08:23 AM

What a drama queen.
You have had your 15 minutes now cheerio.

khib70
17-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Despite the popular opinion that he was at the wind up and the grief I will probably take.....Global Hibby is real,I have met him and known him for a number of years. I hope that he is still interested enough to assist with any forthcoming issues/schemes.
Oh, give it a rest, will you? This whole ludicrous episode is, thank ****, at an end. I've watched it for days with growing disbelief, as people who should know much better, blithely pledge their hard-earned to some troll with a big fishing rod.

The overpowering stink of fish surrounding the whole thing, with Mr Big refusing to identify himself, and firing off sanctimonious crap about abuse and mobile phones etc, has made the whole thing one of the more ridiculous episodes in the history of .net.

And the people, like yourself, who have vouched for this saddo need to explain themselves to the rest of us. You're in a deep hole, pal - stop digging!

nribs
17-06-2014, 08:24 AM
I am not picking on your post in particular BUT before we start any sort of witch hunt here perhaps people could simply report anything they regard as suspicious to the admin team and any action required will be taken.

I'm not starting a witch hunt definitely not. I never took th op as genuine and we all know Hibs fans troll brokenback so I ccan guarantee it happens here, its just part of the rivalry.

SlickShoes
17-06-2014, 08:28 AM
load of *****

CB_NO3
17-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Can we not just delete both threads. The guy is a troll on the wind up. What investor would post on a forum lol.

J-C
17-06-2014, 08:39 AM

If as you say he is a real person and you indeed know him, then tell everyone who he is, the fact you continue to not tell everyone leads me to think you are part of this huge wind up.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-06-2014, 08:41 AM
2 words...... bell end

Forza Fred
17-06-2014, 08:44 AM
2 words...... bell end

I used the term roaster and got pulled up:confused:

The_Todd
17-06-2014, 08:47 AM

That's nice. But I don't know you. Who can vouch for you?

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Oh well, back to the nice Nigerian Prince that offered me some money.

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2014, 08:52 AM
I just had a quick look in the mirror, and i can vouch for me. It definitely was me, i recognised the face.

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2014, 08:52 AM
so, how much is in the kitty now then :greengrin

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 09:01 AM
so, how much is in the kitty now then :greengrin

Half a tin of Kitty Kat.

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Half a tin of Kitty Kat.

and a couple of tuna

:fishin:

madsen5
17-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Oh, give it a rest, will you? This whole ludicrous episode is, thank ****, at an end. I've watched it for days with growing disbelief, as people who should know much better, blithely pledge their hard-earned to some troll with a big fishing rod.

The overpowering stink of fish surrounding the whole thing, with Mr Big refusing to identify himself, and firing off sanctimonious crap about abuse and mobile phones etc, has made the whole thing one of the more ridiculous episodes in the history of .net.

And the people, like yourself, who have vouched for this saddo need to explain themselves to the rest of us. You're in a deep hole, pal - stop digging!
Told you it was Desantos !!! :na na::na na:

Aldo
17-06-2014, 09:10 AM
If as you say he is a real person and you indeed know him, then tell everyone who he is, the fact you continue to not tell everyone leads me to think you are part of this huge wind up.

JC Rabid Underdog is a Hibby and I've know him for a long time.

Don't know if that'll mean much!!

Aldo
17-06-2014, 09:11 AM
That's nice. But I don't know you. Who can vouch for you?

I can vouch for him!!

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2014, 09:12 AM
I can vouch for him!!

And who are you... etc etc.....:greengrin

Bill Milne
17-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I just had a quick look in the mirror, and i can vouch for me. It definitely was me, i recognised the face.

Took a chance there, Gary, didn't you? It's not a pretty sight, you know!!

MrSmith
17-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Who are the yam trolls?

Yeah you're right a bit harsh, not all but some.

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 09:17 AM
The OP posted on a totally different thread about a week before his 'Buy Out' post. I asked him to contact me about a work matter that he had alluded to in his post. He did just that, from his work's E-Mail.

Now, it's easy enough to send an E-Mail to somebody with a fake address attached to it. However, every E-Mail has Meta-Data that can also be read with the original IP address and all intermediate addresses (E-Mails go through various servers en-route). I checked out the IP address using a geo-locator service and it checked out as regards his company name.

If the guy is a yam at the wind-up, all I can say is 'Well Done', as he'd have to be a bl00dy clever guy to do that.

J-C
17-06-2014, 09:18 AM
JC Rabid Underdog is a Hibby and I've know him for a long time.

Don't know if that'll mean much!!

Then why does he keep insisting he knows this guy when it's clearly a Yam wind up???

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Then why does he keep insisting he knows this guy when it's clearly a Yam wind up???

Please see my post above.

Aldo
17-06-2014, 09:19 AM
And who are you... etc etc.....:greengrin

Ouch!!! ;-)

J-C
17-06-2014, 09:21 AM
The OP posted on a totally different thread about a week before his 'Buy Out' post. I asked him to contact me about a work matter that he had alluded to in his post. He did just that, from his work's E-Mail.

Now, it's easy enough to send an E-Mail to somebody with a fake address attached to it. However, every E-Mail has Meta-Data that can also be read with the original IP address and all intermediate addresses (E-Mails go through various servers en-route). I checked out the IP address using a geo-locator service and it checked out as regards his company name.

If the guy is a yam at the wind-up, all I can say is 'Well Done', as he'd have to be a bl00dy clever guy to do that.

Could you then post your findings on this forum so we can see for ourselves, what is his company name etc??

Aldo
17-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Just because he knows him doesn't mean to say he's part if any wind up!!

I can however understand the reasons behind the thought of it being a wind up.

Very very strange.

nribs
17-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Hibee or jambo? He may be successful and minted. The point is his op was nonsense and many hibs fans were sceptical and it looks like they were right to be because he has now bolted.

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Could you then post your findings on this forum so we can see for ourselves, what is his company name etc??

I'm gonna get stick for this, I know, but... he specifically asked me to keep his name of this Board and I agreed. What I HAVE done is tell one of the Admins who he was.

Let's just imagine for one minute the guy WAS genuine. Imagine as well he rather naively gave his phone number to someone on here (he mentioned that he would be willing to talk to some people with questions via his mobile) and the story about telephone abuse IS true (I have no idea one way or the other). Do I then go back on my word and post his name, leaving him to abuse from any nutter reading this?

If he ISN'T who I thought it was, and it was a very clever Troll, that abuse would then go to someone who is perfectly innocent, as the name would be wrong.

For what it's worth, I believed he was who he said he was but thought it would come to nothing, as I didn't think he'd either thought it through properly or had a thick enough skin to cope with the resultant pressure.

J-C
17-06-2014, 09:45 AM
I think the Admin should seriously consider closing all 3 threads re Global Hibby, there is a danger that accusations may start to fly around amongst good Hibs posters on this board and things could get messy, the last thing we need is in fighting re some mystical wealthy Hibs supporter.

Edit : noticed other 2 threads closed, so just this one to go, thanks.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Which is nonsense.

That is about the only thing I know for sure in the whole episode.

Then there is a deluded yam posing as the OP and must have hacked into the OP's account. He even mentioned CropleyWasGod as being his only doubter - that much was certainly true.

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Then there is a deluded yam posing as the OP and must have hacked into the OP's account. He even mentioned CropleyWasGod as being his only doubter - that much was certainly true.

To be fair, I didn't actually doubt him. I sat on the fence, which is what anyone doing diligence should do. I asked him a couple of basic questions, which he had to be pushed on. He then accused me of not responding to a PM... a PM which I didn't get.

I'm not sure if he was trying to alienate me, or avoid me...

Beefster
17-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Aw FFS. I spent all of yesterday baking. I'm now selling 197,307 cupcakes in order to fund the alcohol needed to drown my sorrows, if anyone is interested?

I've not had the slightest bit of interest in these. Mrs Beefster is on the warpath because she can't get into the utility room for ****ing cupcakes. I'm now prepared to do a 'buy one, get three thousand free' deal.

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I've not had the slightest bit of interest in these. Mrs Beefster is on the warpath because she can't get into the utility room for ****ing cupcakes. I'm now prepared to do a 'buy one, get three thousand free' deal.

All those Cupcakes must be affecting you badly, you seem to be talking to yourself.

--------
17-06-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm not convinced tbh. The guy Richard may exist I'm just not convinced thats him.

I've not really seen any abuse as such other than folk asking pertinent questions, which GH singularly failed to answer, even more so as his tale began to unravel. Maybe even slightly mocking in nature, but abuse?

As others have said all very predictable and "abuse" was always the get out.

If it is him I'm surprised he's reached the level he has given his lack of resilience.

"Abuse to a new low"?

That wasn't abuse. Netters can be MUCH more abusive than that. :agree:

MUCH, MUCH more. :devil:

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2014, 10:08 AM
"Abuse to a new low"?

That wasn't abuse. Netters can be MUCH more abusive than that. :agree:

MUCH, MUCH more. :devil:

**** off ya proddie ****.

:greengrin

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 10:09 AM
hud Oan a minute......a utility room????

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 10:10 AM
hud Oan a minute......a utility room????

It's a Yuppie name for a Cupboard.

nribs
17-06-2014, 10:10 AM
So are we back to being officially rooked then?

Sudds_1
17-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I used the term roaster and got pulled up:confused:

might have got pulled off if you'd used the other version :greengrin:cb

Sudds_1
17-06-2014, 10:17 AM

utility room? Very posh. :greengrin Mine's full of washing, dug food and tools I cannae be ersed taking to the garage.

otherwise, .............thats the ootside lavvy for our maroon pals isnt it?

jacomo
17-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Ah well what a pity.

Hopefully Universal Hibby will be along soon with £1billion to invest and of course £1m a month to keep things ticking over.

There's a guy called Multiverse Hibby who's going to invest in the club using a massive rock of Unobtanium from a parallel dimension (possibly inhabited by tall blue people).

I have no idea what that's worth in Earth money, but after being kidnapped and stranded on his spaceship for 20 years (4 minutes in Earth time) I can vouch for him.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 10:23 AM
utility room? Very posh. :greengrin Mine's full of washing, dug food and tools I cannae be ersed taking to the garage.

otherwise, .............thats the ootside lavvy for our maroon pals isnt it?
Where I grew up in Ponteland we were lucky to have an outside lav and it had to be shared by two families (one up, one down). Toilet paper was an old newspaper hung on a nail. The newsprint made a mess of your bum. Utility Room! Don't know they were born.

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 10:26 AM
So are we back to being officially rooked then?

Naw, we're back to being in the same position as last week..

..with a new CEO that appears to be putting the priority into the Football side of things and establishing a much needed long term strategy and the aim of winning the Championship at the first time of asking.

With the 4th/5th biggest support in Scotland that has a long history of getting behind the club when times are hard.

With the best Stadium in Edinburgh and a Training Centre built buy the club, not one shared with a Uni that we stiffed for 300k and have to vacate at lunchtime.

With a Club that is suffering from previously poor Football appointments but didn't shamelessly dump tens of Millions in debt and stiff charities in the process.

With a Club that doesn't claim some hyperbolic past history of single handedly saving the world from the evil Germans while at the same time failing to pay for the Poppies on the memorial it cynically uses to make itself look good.

Any other questions?

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 10:27 AM
There's a guy called Multiverse Hibby who's going to invest in the club using a massive rock of Unobtanium from a parallel dimension (possibly inhabited by tall blue people).

I have no idea what that's worth in Earth money, but after being kidnapped and stranded on his spaceship for 20 years (4 minutes in Earth time) I can vouch for him.

Do they have hands? Would they be any good in goals?

jacomo
17-06-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm gonna get stick for this, I know, but... he specifically asked me to keep his name of this Board and I agreed. What I HAVE done is tell one of the Admins who he was.

Let's just imagine for one minute the guy WAS genuine. Imagine as well he rather naively gave his phone number to someone on here (he mentioned that he would be willing to talk to some people with questions via his mobile) and the story about telephone abuse IS true (I have no idea one way or the other). Do I then go back on my word and post his name, leaving him to abuse from any nutter reading this?

If he ISN'T who I thought it was, and it was a very clever Troll, that abuse would then go to someone who is perfectly innocent, as the name would be wrong.

For what it's worth, I believed he was who he said he was but thought it would come to nothing, as I didn't think he'd either thought it through properly or had a thick enough skin to cope with the resultant pressure.

If you don't know him personally then I have to ask why you even got involved in all this??

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 10:28 AM
If you don't know him personally then I have to ask why you even got involved in all this??

In what way involved?

The question was asked previously if this was some fantasist or someone that genuinely was a businessman with a company as large as he said. I answered the question with what I knew (or believed to know, if it turns out he is indeed an evil genius).

jacomo
17-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Do they have hands? Would they be any good in goals?

They'd be epic.

Apparently the idiots at the SFA won't even let aliens register as players though. :grr:

jacomo
17-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Oh yeah I forgot... Global Hibby GTF with your delusional chatter. PM your number and I'll leave you a voicemail to this effect if you want?

silverhibee
17-06-2014, 10:39 AM

GGTTH

Howdy :thumbsup:

silverhibee
17-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Please say your not being serious , that is almost as hilarious and funny as the guy or girl believing they are going to invest their monopoly cash into the club.

Just saying mate that slagging people's use of the English language or lack of it a bit silly on a fans forum and I find it to be a bit self important and vain.

#prayformarc

silverhibee
17-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Me too. Because he isn't.:greengrin

I can 2nd it.

#prayformarc

stoneyburn hibs
17-06-2014, 10:57 AM
The folk I know who Vouched for him are Hibs supporters and not Yams as you have mention. If your not happy then report them to the admins and let them deal with it all.

So you are buying it then ?

Aldo
17-06-2014, 11:06 AM

What I think is irrelevant in the bigger scale of things.

I will say this that I originally said I would contribute and I stand by this.

If someone has come on here and posted it as a wind up (not saying it is or isn't) and they are Yams then what have we list - face.

They are the ones who lost hundreds of thousands of pounds with the share crap and season ticket money.

I'll have an open mind and until it's priced otherwise I will wait and see.

I will say that the threads started are strange but because someone has an opinion differing from others it doesn't make them a Yam or Troll (unless you know for certain)

You never know I might even be a spy. ;-)

As I said I'm gonnae wait and see how it pans out. But I will vouch for folk I've met, know, been to games with etc.

silverhibee
17-06-2014, 11:07 AM

Aldo won't be buying nothing, apart from a round in Robbo's for us yam trolls. :greengrin

Aldo
17-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Aldo won't be buying nothing, apart from a round in Robbo's for us yam trolls. :greengrin

Ha ha that's quality but we better behave cos if we are the wrong type and all that Silver.

That made me laugh like!! Brilliant

;-) :-)

MyJo
17-06-2014, 11:14 AM
(or believed to know, if it turns out he is indeed an evil genius).

Global hibby interviews JFH for the managers job:

http://media20.giphy.com/media/bJwMhzwz6pzA4/giphy.gif?w=320

jacomo
17-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Try this...

A small number of trolls (possibly just one) attempt to launch fictitious wealthy investor on Hibs.net. Motives unclear.

Tries to make friends with a few known posters to gain credibility, possibly by passing off as somebody called Richard who is unconnected to this nonsense.

Under initial questioning, plan starts to unravel a bit, potential investor claims to have met Petrie and STF.

Planned big 'I'm now out' statement brought forward as campaign descends into a shambles.

End of bizarre episode.

jacomo
17-06-2014, 11:18 AM
In what way involved?

The question was asked previously if this was some fantasist or someone that genuinely was a businessman with a company as large as he said. I answered the question with what I knew (or believed to know, if it turns out he is indeed an evil genius).

But how did you know GH was who he said he was? Impersonating another is one of the easiest tricks on t'interweb.

weonlywon6-2
17-06-2014, 11:22 AM

Bye then,you knew the questions being asked by us fans.
If you walk away this easily you dont have a love for hibs like the rest do

Time For Heroes
17-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Global hibby interviews JFH for the managers job:

http://media20.giphy.com/media/bJwMhzwz6pzA4/giphy.gif?w=320

Looks more like Big Eck than JFH

Waxy
17-06-2014, 11:36 AM
My humble opinion is that global hibby is just a yam. A yam who sees that Hibs are turning a corner, thanks to LD getting things right in all departments and for the first time in a while the yams are not the centre if attention any more.They don't like that one bit.

The Green Goblin
17-06-2014, 11:52 AM

As ironic statements go....that's a belter.

Seriously, find yourself a therapist and sort yourself out.

CraigHibee
17-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Have I missed something? How in earth would anyone have your phone number?

and more importantly why didn't this supposed millionare contact tom to say he wished to nvest into the team instead of post it on a fans forum...

reeks of yam to be honest

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2014, 12:08 PM
and more importantly why didn't this supposed millionare contact tom to say he wished to nvest into the team instead of post it on a fans forum...

reeks of yam to be honest

He did say that he had already met STF.

calder45a
17-06-2014, 12:13 PM

Perhaps he is an employee? of the said name.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-06-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm starting to think desantos or sidney have returned to .net!

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know if there is a Munchhausen Jambo?

Bostonhibby
17-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know if there is a Munchhausen Jambo?

Too general a question mate, they are all dysfunctional attention seekers, look how they self harmed and harmed others without a backward glance throughout the vlad years.

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 12:58 PM
But how did you know GH was who he said he was? Impersonating another is one of the easiest tricks on t'interweb.

Why don't you try reading my actual post (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285782-Abuse-to-a-new-Low&p=4065828&viewfull=1#post4065828). I gave the reason there.

If what he did is that easy, feel free to explain how he did what I said.

Otherwise I will just consider YOU as either a Troll or a yam at the Wind Up.

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Can I just point out that there appears to be something of a Witch Hunt in progress on this Site at the moment. Given the childish drivel being spouted by some posters, it's not exactly beyond belief that someone would be put off posting on here, or even having anything to do with this site in general.

Now, I'm a big boy and have a thick skin but, instead of people making unfounded, childish attacks, it would be helpful if certain posters engaged their brains, read through the previous posts and then thought about how reasonable or otherwise the answers were.

If you're gonna be a pr1ck, at least be an informed pr1ck :wink:

BroxburnHibee
17-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Brilliant - welcome back Graham - bet you've missed this place eh? :greengrin

Dave-O
17-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Can I just point out that there appears to be something of a Witch Hunt in progress on this Site at the moment. Given the childish drivel being spouted by some posters, it's not exactly beyond belief that someone would be put off posting on here, or even having anything to do with this site in general.

Now, I'm a big boy and have a thick skin but, instead of people making unfounded, childish attacks, it would be helpful if certain posters engaged their brains, read through the previous posts and then thought about how reasonable or otherwise the answers were.

If you're gonna be a pr1ck, at least be an informed pr1ck :wink:

Indeed so mate, the ones that call everyone a yam are the worse. :greengrin

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Indeed so mate, the ones that call everyone a yam are the worse. :greengrin

LTYF

Dave-O
17-06-2014, 01:28 PM
LTYF

:top marks.......:hibees

Beefster
17-06-2014, 02:01 PM
He did say that he had already met STF.

He then claimed to not know whether he wanted to sell or how much for.

I met Farmer on a couple of occasions. Doesn't lend any weight to my claim that I'm buying Hibs on Thursday.

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2014, 02:03 PM

I met Farmer on a couple of occasions. Doesn't lend any weight to my claim that I'm buying Hibs on Thursday.

Didn't you say Wednesday, you lying *******?

nribs
17-06-2014, 02:08 PM

How much for? Why haven't you started a thread telling us this? Maybe a few of us could chip in?

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Too general a question mate, they are all dysfunctional attention seekers, look how they self harmed and harmed others without a backward glance throughout the vlad years.
Was that not suffering from Munchhausen "by Proxy" though? As opposed to being just a fantasist. :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Abusive phonecalls? Sounds like Hertz supporters, that's exactly the sort of thing they'd do.

Thoroughly nasty little bunch they are.

Pete
17-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Naw, we're back to being in the same position as last week..

..with a new CEO that appears to be putting the priority into the Football side of things and establishing a much needed long term strategy and the aim of winning the Championship at the first time of asking.

With the 4th/5th biggest support in Scotland that has a long history of getting behind the club when times are hard.

With the best Stadium in Edinburgh and a Training Centre built buy the club, not one shared with a Uni that we stiffed for 300k and have to vacate at lunchtime.

With a Club that is suffering from previously poor Football appointments but didn't shamelessly dump tens of Millions in debt and stiff charities in the process.

With a Club that doesn't claim some hyperbolic past history of single handedly saving the world from the evil Germans while at the same time failing to pay for the Poppies on the memorial it cynically uses to make itself look good.

Any other questions?

Indeed. We haven't the need to desperately start begging for cash unlike others I can mention.

Is this guy genuine? Is he at it? I don't know but either way we'll be OK.

Bostonhibby
17-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Was that not suffering from Munchhausen "by Proxy" though? As opposed to being just a fantasist. :wink:

Yes, but I thought I'd throw the kitchen sink at it as its that type of thread. Did I mention they are all thieving ******** as well?

jacomo
17-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Why don't you try reading my actual post (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285782-Abuse-to-a-new-Low&p=4065828&viewfull=1#post4065828). I gave the reason there.

If what he did is that easy, feel free to explain how he did what I said.

Otherwise I will just consider YOU as either a Troll or a yam at the Wind Up.

Easy now. I have now read your post above, having missed it beforehand, and hold my hands up that I had missed it. I don't know how he could impersonate an email from said company either.

However, it remains the case that a lot of people who do not know the OP personally, or knew of his plans (including you), were willing to vouch for him, when it appears that all is not as it seems.

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Easy now. I have now read your post above, having missed it beforehand, and hold my hands up that I had missed it. I don't know how he could impersonate an email from said company either.

However, it remains the case that a lot of people who do not know the OP personally, or knew of his plans (including you), were willing to vouch for him, when it appears that all is not as it seems.

Firstly, you are only guessing, based on little evidence, that he is not who he claimed to be. That doesn't make you appear much better than the people you're attempting to vilify.

Secondly, I did NOT vouch for him, as I know nothing of his plans or intentions. I merely stated that, as far as I could tell, he was who he appeared to be. I did some research on this first, having traced his E-Mail.

As I said, if he faked his E-Mail data trace, the guy is much more of a genius than I gave him credit for. That's called evidence, however you decide to boil it.

Franck Stanton
17-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Anyone who has the nounce to amass £1 million isn't stupid. In fact, to be able to donate this sum comfortably, is most definitely not a stupid person. Now, anyone coming onto a fans forum stating he is about to do so and then backing out because some posters doubted the fact and may have written some slight abuse just goes to prove the whole episode has been an attention seeking hoax.

SRHibs
17-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Well, I'm sure you enjoyed the attention you got for a while!

Wilbur
17-06-2014, 03:58 PM

This. I thought his grammar was appalling to be honest.

jacomo
17-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Firstly, you are only guessing, based on little evidence, that he is not who he claimed to be. That doesn't make you appear much better than the people you're attempting to vilify.

Secondly, I did NOT vouch for him, as I know nothing of his plans or intentions. I merely stated that, as far as I could tell, he was who he appeared to be. I did some research on this first, having traced his E-Mail.

As I said, if he faked his E-Mail data trace, the guy is much more of a genius than I gave him credit for. That's called evidence, however you decide to boil it.

Who am I attempting to vilify?!

I asked you a question, having read most of your posts but missed the crucial one about IP addresses etc. I apologised for missing it.

All I've been asking how is it that this guy - whoever he is - managed to gain the trust of respected posters on here (of which you are undoubtedly one). I've suggested that a few people might have vouched for him without knowing him personally... hardly 'vilification' is it?

Clearly I've wandered into a hornet's nest here so I'm giving up on this now. What a sh**** mood on here at the moment!

SeanWilson
17-06-2014, 04:23 PM

GGTTH

Chopper :not worth hope OZ is treating you an the family well mate.

stoneyburn hibs
17-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Anyone who has the nounce to amass £1 million isn't stupid. In fact, to be able to donate this sum comfortably, is most definitely not a stupid person. Now, anyone coming onto a fans forum stating he is about to do so and then backing out because some posters doubted the fact and may have written some slight abuse just goes to prove the whole episode has been an attention seeking hoax.

Agree, and I will vouch for this post.

therealgavmac
17-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Global Hibby... your name's not Sidney is it?

Michael
17-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Is the average age of hibs.net posters 1 day?

Jack Hackett
17-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Is the average age of hibs.net posters 1 day?

If it is, and you take my age away from the average, then the rest of the members haven't been born yet.

SunshineOnLeith
17-06-2014, 05:26 PM

That was me, and I wasn't a supportive poster at all.

Here's what I posted:

"11 pages and counting of bites, pretty good work for a WUM.

I predict it will reach 15 pages before he'll announce he's decided against investing due to the negativity of Hibs.net. And shame on all of us.

Strange timing though. Mate, the World Cup is on, I don't see how you're this bored."

This place is such a soft touch for trolls.

Waxy
17-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Is the average age of hibs.net posters 1 day?In Veitnam it was 19

therealgavmac
17-06-2014, 05:37 PM
In Veitnam it was 19

n-n-n-n-19

Keith_M
17-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Who am I attempting to vilify?!

Clearly I've wandered into a hornet's nest here so I'm giving up on this now. What a sh**** mood on here at the moment!

Fair enuf, maybe I over-reacted.

I think the general mood isn't great due to the club's circumstances and everybody is a bit on edge.

I'll promise to calm doon a bit :thumbsup:

Waxy
17-06-2014, 06:00 PM
n-n-n-n-19Nobody received a heros welcome.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-06-2014, 06:08 PM
In Veitnam it was 19

I love the smell of Nae Yam in the morning ;)

Sudds_1
17-06-2014, 06:20 PM
This. I thought his grammar was appalling to be honest.

His Grandad is apparently an ok guy though............

........sooks the chocolate off walnuts and sells them on as washed nuts. :-)

Hermit Crab
17-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Global Hibby... your name's not Sidney is it?

Scott_jambo. :agree:

Beefster
17-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Didn't you say Wednesday, you lying *******?

No awkward questions allowed on this thread. See my other thread for the details.

How much for? Why haven't you started a thread telling us this? Maybe a few of us could chip in?

Right, that's it. Too many questions. In addition to that, someone got hold of my home number and passed it onto the mother-in-law. She phoned this evening and I'm still traumatised. I didn't sign up for this when I offered to bake cupcakes to save Hibs.

I'm out. And I'm taking my cupcakes.

The Green Goblin
17-06-2014, 07:52 PM
No awkward questions allowed on this thread. See my other thread for the details.

Right, that's it. Too many questions. In addition to that, someone got hold of my home number and passed it onto the mother-in-law. She phoned this evening and I'm still traumatised. I didn't sign up for this when I offered to bake cupcakes to save Hibs.

:faf:

marinello59
17-06-2014, 07:59 PM

:top marks

weonlywon6-2
17-06-2014, 08:10 PM

Big jessie !!

soda70
17-06-2014, 09:50 PM
WTF just read all the comments 23 pages, one hour of my life i'll never get back:)
PS I think I will keep my opinions to myself or I may get burned.....

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

WestCoastHibby
17-06-2014, 10:06 PM
I've got about eight Barrs bottles in the kitchen. Willing to cash them in now rather than wait for the global surge in glass prices...

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 10:18 PM
WTF just read all the comments 23 pages, one hour of my life i'll never get back:)
PS I think I will keep my opinions to myself or I may get burned.....

One hour? You're a fast reader. Took me about one hour to read and digest the first page.

hibbymick
17-06-2014, 10:45 PM
I honestly cant believe folk thought this was genuine.

Time For Heroes
17-06-2014, 10:55 PM
I love the smell of Nae Yam in the morning ;)

:D

soda70
17-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Iwasthere1972..... I never said I digested it:)

TBH I really want to know the name of our next Manager, not the someone who may or may not invest in our team.

hihohibby
17-06-2014, 11:51 PM
I nominate this thread for the most "surreal"

Hibbyradge
17-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Which is worse, abuse which reaches a new low, or abuse which reaches a new high?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-06-2014, 12:12 AM
I nominate this thread for the most "surreal"

the perpetrator's phone calls have been traced and made from a London address using this equipment.

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/dali-lobster-telephone-t03257

boab1875
18-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Can't say I am buying this nonsense for 1 minute. Not sure about who verified who but it is difficult to believe a serious invester would come forward on a fans forum in the first instance. Although this is a fans forum and that is my opinion, could be right, could be wrong. Perhaps we have blown a huge opportunity if these phonecalls actually occured and there was genuine interest in a buyout. However, what really is embarrassing about this place is the constant accusations of people being Yams if they disagree with popular opinion. It verges on paranoia sometimes. Yes there are some ****bags sad enough to create accounts here and troll but not almost every single poster ffs. Accept that people may have a different opinion sometimes and don't abuse them if they do. People are far too quick on here to hurl abuse if they disagree. Imagine this place if everyone agreed, would there be any point in it?

1950's hibbie
18-06-2014, 01:28 AM
There is a bit of hypocrisy on both forums, as both forums are infected with the virus that is undercover members. We and they have our fair share. Some even boast about their ability to do it, sad.

calder45a
18-06-2014, 10:04 AM
the perpetrator's phone calls have been traced and made from a London address using this equipment.

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/dali-lobster-telephone-t03257

Didn't sea that coming.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2014, 12:51 PM
I remember the last time someone on here was googled, that turned out a lot more interesting and funny. :slipper:

Keith_M
18-06-2014, 12:57 PM
I remember the last time someone on here was googled, that turned out a lot more interesting and funny. :slipper:

How's he getting on nowadays? Can he sit down yet?

Hibbyradge
18-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Didn't sea that coming.

Finally, a post on this subject with a sense of porpoise. :aok:

MyJo
18-06-2014, 01:09 PM

That was a bit of a "slip" up :tee hee:

The Green Goblin
18-06-2014, 05:56 PM
I honestly cant believe folk thought this was genuine.

Me neither.