PDA

View Full Version : Mark Venus

Albanian Hibs
16-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Anyone heard any rumours about Mark Venus for our next manager? I have just received a text telling me to put my money on it being him.

Scottie
16-06-2014, 02:42 PM
With TM as his assistant ? :no way:

MyJo
16-06-2014, 02:49 PM
With TM as his assistant ? :no way:

Boozy probably

Albanian Hibs
16-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Been told he is at Easter Rd just now having a third interview?

cam2644
16-06-2014, 02:52 PM
He was on the short list to be permanent manager of Middlesborough.

Marty-Hibee
16-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Anyone giving odds on him? Oddschecker is saying only skybet and betvictor have the market, and Venus isn't mentioned from what I can see

Albanian Hibs
16-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Anyone giving odds on him? Oddschecker is saying only skybet and betvictor have the market, and Venus isn't mentioned from what I can see

Trying to find it too. No luck so far.

CyberSauzee
16-06-2014, 03:05 PM

Phone them up and ask them but they'll quote you poor prices as they'll think 'you're in the know'. Lucky if they give you a score on what they quote.

Heisenberg
16-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Tweet skybet and ask them to add him to the betting

Paloschi
16-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Would be a shock appointment but one I would welcome. Always thought he was just as responsible as Mowbray for that good young side.

LD has been hinting at a coach/assistant in recent communications so it could well be him.

StevieC
16-06-2014, 03:13 PM
A piece of advise ..

If someone tells you to get your money on something, you keep your mouth closed and get the money it.

Asking this sort of question on a message board forum will see the odds plummet very quickly.

HH81
16-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Also didnt we have this last time and it turned out incorrect. I would be careful betting on managers.

weonlywon6-2
16-06-2014, 03:34 PM

3rd interview,be surprised if anyone has had any more than one interview cause im sure the press would have found out who

nribs
16-06-2014, 03:36 PM
3rd interview,be surprised if anyone has had any more than one interview cause im sure the press would have found out who
I thought interviews were only starting this week as well.

SMAXXA
16-06-2014, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't be putting any cash on this

Heisenberg
16-06-2014, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't be putting any cash on this

Who would you be putting cash on? :greengrin

hibee92
16-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Just got McBookie to add it. 10/1.

Speedway
16-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Still had a house up here long after he left didn't he?

truehibernian
16-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Still had a house up here long after he left didn't he?

Was certainly up last year - still likes a wee flutter as well :greengrin 10/1 would get a nibble :cb

SMAXXA
16-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Who would you be putting cash on? :greengrin

I don't gamble anymore :wink:.

BSEJVT
16-06-2014, 04:12 PM
He has been in the frame for the job every time it came up since he left.

When you consider the absolute crap we have taken over him it doesn't make a very convincing argument for his candidacy does it?

Scottiedog007
16-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Just been Tweeted somebody either knows something or a lot of money has been lumped on him today

McBookie ‏@McBookie 59s
Edinburgh dogs are barking for Mark Venus to be the next Hibs manager. Installed at 10/1 and now Even money favourite. First big mov

DH1875
16-06-2014, 04:47 PM
My brother in law told me yesterday afternoon that Venus would be the manager. Thought it was a strange one as he's a celtic fan and doesn't normally have a clue about football (the brother in law that is).

Spike Mandela
16-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Hope we sign a Whittaker to hear those shouts again............."Whiteeeeeeeee Whiteeeeeeeee"

Captain Trips
16-06-2014, 04:58 PM

Thrid interview in 7 years maybe :greengrin

J-C
16-06-2014, 05:37 PM
From what I can remember he was the main guy in the Mowbray set up, funny how things went pear shaped for Mowbray at Middlesbrough when Venus left, seemingly the players loved him and his training at the time.

Gmack7
16-06-2014, 05:47 PM
fav @ skybet

Dave-O
16-06-2014, 05:48 PM
From what I can remember he was the main guy in the Mowbray set up, funny how things went pear shaped for Mowbray at Middlesbrough when Venus left, seemingly the players loved him and his training at the time.

Any idea why they parted mate?

was it when Peter Grant was promoted as Meltons No2

J-C
16-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Any idea why they parted mate?

was it when Peter Grant was promoted as Meltons No2

around the same time, no idea why they split, maybe Venus fancied being a no.1 for a change.

Google say he was in temporary charge when Mowbray got sacked from Middlesborough, but never got the gig full time as Karanka got it.

Harpandcastle
16-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Did they split? I thought Venus was assistant at Boro & caretaker when Mowbray was fired? I only remember Grant with them at West Brom & Celtic.

Brightside
16-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Backed into even money with BetVictor now.

J-C
16-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Did they split? I thought Venus was assistant at Boro & caretaker when Mowbray was fired? I only remember Grant with them at West Brom & Celtic.

This is true, I thought they split my bad

GGTTH07
16-06-2014, 06:48 PM
1/2 with sky bet.

easty
16-06-2014, 06:55 PM
1/2 with sky bet.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything other than a load of folk have lumped on him. Sherwood was odds on for the West Brom job, and Im sure Coyle was for Celtic too.

Col2
16-06-2014, 07:28 PM
To be honest i would be more than happy with Venus. We know the type of football he likes, we know he is a great man manager, he has top flight experience even though in the main as assistant and he knows the club, history etc.
He used to have a house in morningside even when he left Hibs and may still have this or at least knows the city well enough.

If he is hungry and really wants it then I can see a lot of positives. Boozy as assistant and we are sorted.

davhibby
16-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Would be very happy if this was to happen

hibs4thecup1988
16-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean anything other than a load of folk have lumped on him. Sherwood was odds on for the West Brom job, and Im sure Coyle was for Celtic too.

Doesn't take a lot for manager markets to tumble to be fair

Dubai
16-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Still think SM at Well is 1st choice. Just an opinion

southsider
16-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I posted on the Hasslebank thread this am that he would get the job after realding LD in SoS yesterday. Ideal man for the job. Pleased.

TRC
16-06-2014, 07:45 PM
reckon if it is Venus. We'll see a dof,don't know anything just a hunch

CB_NO3
16-06-2014, 07:49 PM
At least we will have a new tune again. Something like Levein being a part of male genitalia 😃

Aldo
16-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Still think SM at Well is 1st choice. Just an opinion

If this was indeed the case then he would of been either manager or ruled out by now.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2014, 08:00 PM
If this was indeed the case then he would of been either manager or ruled out by now.

Maybe negotiating Aldo. Have we heard any quotes from McCall ruling himself out of the job?

Aldo
16-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Maybe negotiating Aldo. Have we heard any quotes from McCall ruling himself out of the job?

No your right Billy but I just think he would or should of been in by now if we really wanted him.

Hopefully find out this week (bloody better)

Steviethebear
16-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Now 1/2 on Skybet, the last assistant we chose as manager was gash

bingo70
16-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Now 1/2 on Skybet, the last assistant we chose as manager was gash

The last manager we chose was also gash.

AN ambitious young up and coming coach/manager is the way to go imo.

Scott gemmill would be an excellent choice imo.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2014, 08:50 PM
No your right Billy but I just think he would or should of been in by now if we really wanted him.

Hopefully find out this week (bloody better)

You're probably right, but maybe Motherwell playing hardball over compensation

Aldo
16-06-2014, 09:04 PM
You're probably right, but maybe Motherwell playing hardball over compensation

Maybe they are.... Maybe he's not even been approached. Wish we would get it sorted cos with every passing day we fall further and further behind the other teams re preparation.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Maybe they are.... Maybe he's not even been approached. Wish we would get it sorted cos with every passing day we fall further and further behind the other teams re preparation.

Think it'll be the end of the week in my opinion

Aldo
16-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Think it'll be the end of the week in my opinion

I was hoping before I go on holiday on Wed but knowing Hibs it'll be last minute.

If this is the case you never know we might get a few new surprise signings as well??

Billy Whizz
16-06-2014, 09:20 PM
I was hoping before I go on holiday on Wed but knowing Hibs it'll be last minute.

If this is the case you never know we might get a few new surprise signings as well??

Did you let Leeann know that you're off on Wednesday, need to deliver by tomorrow then

cam75
16-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Is Malpas back from his holiday,take it he has put his cv in for the job :)
GGTTH

Peevemor
16-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Is Malpas back from his holiday,take it he has put his cv in for the job :)
GGTTH

CV ? I heard he sent an FO.

EdinMike
16-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Whoever it is, I would love to see Boozy as a sidekick, makes sense in my eyes.

lucky
16-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Can't say I'm impressed if it's Venus. But it can't be any worse than Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood, Hughes or Mixu.

Waxy
16-06-2014, 09:57 PM
When was the last Truly great Hibs manager?
I can't remember one. Judging by what folk have said it must be Eddie Turnbull. A long time ago now and slightly before my time.

scuttle
16-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Would not have thought LD would know too much about Venus and he does not have much managerial experience other than caretaker role so surprised to see him on the short list or has someone with prior knowledge of him recommended him to her ...............Rod

TowerHibs
16-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Would not have thought LD would know too much about Venus and he does not have much managerial experience other than caretaker role so surprised to see him on the short list or has someone with prior knowledge of him recommended him to her ...............Rod

Can't wait to see who bites here....

Decent point though!

JustSimplyHibs
16-06-2014, 10:42 PM

Leeann has probaly went to him and said 'right Rodders, give me the list of previous applicants you considered to be not worth a shout'.

Unseen work
16-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Would prefer the guy Jonathan hill, even though I know very little about him he excites me as he's been at massive clubs and will have really good contacts and great knowledge of youth players in England

Jones28
16-06-2014, 10:58 PM
How much experience did Mowbray have before he came here? Coaching only wasn't it?

Would be happy with MV, we could try and mangle together a version of the Robertson is a ***** song

TowerHibs
16-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Would prefer the guy Jonathan hill, even though I know very little about him he excites me as he's been at massive clubs and will have really good contacts and great knowledge of youth players in England

While I agree think it's more his development part of the cv that would interest LD. Improve what we have here first

Unseen work
17-06-2014, 06:19 AM
While I agree think it's more his development part of the cv that would interest LD. Improve what we have here first

Yes agree 100% working at clubs such as Fulham and United will see him improve and nourish players both on and off the pitch and bring a lot of experience working under several different managers and first team coaches.

Can't speak for everyone but this is the sort of appointment I wasn't. No one really knows a great deal about him, can't already criticise him based on a bad job somewhere else as manager. Will come in with a lot of development skill and contacts to recruit new players

H13BYM
17-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Sports bulletin on radio Scotland saying Mark Venus is now the bookies favoirite, That wouldnt be anything to do with all the gossip and hearsay on boards such as these would it?? , or is there something in it????

AlbertK86
17-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing Venus and Boozy but think we may see a DOF as well if they get the gig

Maybe get Mowbray as DOF ! Doubt it but that would do for me

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 07:41 AM
I personally think Stuart McCall will get/take it.

However if it is Mark Venus I would not be too disappointed. Especially if it is alongside a DoF in the mould of Collins. I still can't understand why he hasn't signed on the line at Celtic yet... something is still niggling away at him I think.

Also believe it will be sorted by Friday morning :wink:

nribs
17-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Boy asks if anyone has heard the rumour gets told to ask for a price. Gets a price rumour gets on the bounce and Twitter. Folk start lumping cash on, odds tumble becomes new fab at the bookies gets on the radio. I think that covers it :)

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Pretty sure George Craig is basically our DoF. Just a slightly different title.
Also, can't see McCall. I would prefer one of these names like Gemmill or Hill. They would be very interesting.

AlbertK86
17-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Pretty sure George Craig is basically our DoF. Just a slightly different title. Also, can't see McCall. I would prefer one of these names like Gemmill or Hill. They would be very interesting.

My understanding was George Craig was overseeing youth and player pathways but nothing to do with 1st team. Maybe wrong on this however.

however if we aren't getting a DOF in I would expect the manager will be an experienced one

mind you it's Hibs and nothing is beyond the realms of possibility

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 07:58 AM
My understanding was George Craig was overseeing youth and player pathways but nothing to do with 1st team. Maybe wrong on this however.

however if we aren't getting a DOF in I would expect the manager will be an experienced one

mind you it's Hibs and nothing is beyond the realms of possibility

Correct 100%.

bingo70
17-06-2014, 08:11 AM

However if it is Mark Venus I would not be too disappointed. Especially if it is alongside a DoF in the mould of Collins. I still can't understand why he hasn't signed on the line at Celtic yet... something is still niggling away at him I think.

I was positive we'd go for McCall but if we were going to we'd have done so by now imo.

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 08:21 AM
I was positive we'd go for McCall but if we were going to we'd have done so by now imo.

As previous people have said holidays and maybe Motherwell are getting in the way?

I agree with what you are saying though, I thought if it was McCall it would have been sorted the day after Butcher went, but again maybe Malpas or Marsella aren't back yet?

Will be interesting week ahead that's for sure. The new manager will then have 35 days to get a squad together for a challenge at a very difficult league.

NorthNorfolkHFC
17-06-2014, 08:30 AM
My bet is Venus will be announced today.

Can't say I'm impressed, but I wan impressed with Butchers announcement and look what happened.

You just have to look at St Johnstone to feel optimistic. Wright has done brilliantly.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Waxy
17-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Goddess on a mountain top

MB62
17-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Possibly would like to take the Hibs job back on but won't touch it with a barge pole until Petrie finally f***s off out of Easter Road for good? :dunno:

Paloschi
17-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Whoever is appointed it has to hurry up IMO.

We are falling further and further behind. Questions still remain.

Butcher should have went on Day 1 of Leeann joining the club. Instead we waited 'to get a hold of the situation...' It was clear he had to go.

Now we are clambering about for a manager who will then be clambering about for players.

We are giving our rivals a head start. Many may disagree but I'm not happy with the pace of all this.

MrRobot
17-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I'd be happy with Venus but there's still a massive part of me that wants to see Ian Murray get it.

nribs
17-06-2014, 10:26 AM
I'd be happy with Venus but there's still a massive part of me that wants to see Ian Murray get it.

Steady :greengrin:cb

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Possibly would like to take the Hibs job back on but won't touch it with a barge pole until Petrie finally f***s off out of Easter Road for good? :dunno:

I agree.

Don't know if Rod ever will, but can Leanne persuade Collins its her in charge and not Petrie?

Bristolhibby
17-06-2014, 10:37 AM
How much experience did Mowbray have before he came here? Coaching only wasn't it?

Would be happy with MV, we could try and mangle together a version of the Robertson is a ***** song

Was about to post the same thing.

Venus was the coach under Mogga. He would more than do for me.

J

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 10:38 AM

Butcher should have went on Day 1 of Leeann joining the club. Instead we waited 'to get a hold of the situation...' It was clear he had to go.

Now we are clambering about for a manager who will then be clambering about for players.

We are giving our rivals a head start. Many may disagree but I'm not happy with the pace of all this.

Falling further behind who? For god sake there is attacking the club and attacking the club but this takes the biscuit.

Players will have been identified and the manager will no doubt have a short list to work with. And who knows, if the manager comes from another club there may have been better players he wanted but wouldn't come to their current club.

We will have someone in place by the end of the week. I would be happier to take a few weeks and get the infrastructure right than appoint someone who will fail within a matter of days.

This is a massive decision for Ms Dempster and it will have massive lasting consequences if she gets it wrong. Give the woman time.

Paloschi
17-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Falling further behind who? For god sake there is attacking the club and attacking the club but this takes the biscuit.

Players will have been identified and the manager will no doubt have a short list to work with. And who knows, if the manager comes from another club there may have been better players he wanted but wouldn't come to their current club.

We will have someone in place by the end of the week. I would be happier to take a few weeks and get the infrastructure right than appoint someone who will fail within a matter of days.

This is a massive decision for Ms Dempster and it will have massive lasting consequences if she gets it wrong. Give the woman time.

Falling further behind our rivals. Hearts, The Rangers, Falkirk etc. I'm not attacking the club, am I not allowed to be unhappy with something? And if I am if I post my feelings is this attacking the club?

Are you happy that following relegation we dragged our feet to sack Butcher? Are you one of these people that thinks Butcher should have stayed on?

End of the week IMO is unacceptable. We have had plenty time to find a Manager suitable to take the club forward.

I was not placing all blame on Dempster but no I am not prepared to give anyone time at the moment. That is what I have done for the last 6 years and look where we are. I'm sick of 'give it time.'

Other clubs pull their finger out and get it right. Why can't we! Obviously the right person needs to be appointed but Leeann should have had an idea of this before last Tuesday. Open minded approach is something I agree with but time is pressing on and I feel we are wholly under prepared.

.Sean.
17-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Venus would definitely bring back a feel-good factor as folk would instantly relate him to the good times under Mowbray.

Greenworld
17-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Yes but very rarley does it work twice remember Mowbray was lucky in that the players that all came through at once were mostly here ....incredibly difficult decission first time I actually cant think of a name I want ....mcoll aside but dont think that will happen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
17-06-2014, 10:58 AM

What if the new manager comes in and doesn't fancy any of the players identified? What if the manager is someone like Ian Murray, any players he's identified for Dumbarton won't be suitable for hibs.
All the other teams in our league will be well down the road in shaping their squad for next season, even if they haven't actually signed them yet, we will be starting from whenever our new manager comes in, that means we are behind everyone else.

Peevemor
17-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Helping his candidacy, Venus worked under Tony Mowbray – the current No.2 at Easter Road – when Mowbray managed at West Bromwich.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-hibs-ross-county-vince-lunny-1-3446338

:confused:

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Falling further behind our rivals. Hearts, The Rangers, Falkirk etc. I'm not attacking the club, am I not allowed to be unhappy with something? And if I am if I post my feelings is this attacking the club?

Are you happy that following relegation we dragged our feet to sack Butcher? Are you one of these people that thinks Butcher should have stayed on?

End of the week IMO is unacceptable. We have had plenty time to find a Manager suitable to take the club forward.

I was not placing all blame on Dempster but no I am not prepared to give anyone time at the moment. That is what I have done for the last 6 years and look where we are. I'm sick of 'give it time.'

Other clubs pull their finger out and get it right. Why can't we! Obviously the right person needs to be appointed but Leeann should have had an idea of this before last Tuesday. Open minded approach is something I agree with but time is pressing on and I feel we are wholly under prepared.

Hearts have signed two players, Rangers have signed Miller. The other teams shouldn't come near us in this division lets be brutally honest.

And no I am not happy at the way the Butcher sacking has come about or how long. But she had to come in and talk about fans revolts, relegations, then Butcher went on holiday. What do you want her to do? Sack him over the phone?

I am sick of "giving it time" as well, but at the end of the day it is 3 more days. I will be wholly surprised if we don't have a manager in place on Friday morning and then new signings by middle of next week.

It may seem we are under prepared as you put it, but in my view she has "talked the talk". I am prepared to give her the chance to "walk the walk" and get a result.

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 11:14 AM
What if the new manager comes in and doesn't fancy any of the players identified? What if the manager is someone like Ian Murray, any players he's identified for Dumbarton won't be suitable for hibs.
All the other teams in our league will be well down the road in shaping their squad for next season, even if they haven't actually signed them yet, we will be starting from whenever our new manager comes in, that means we are behind everyone else.

I agree with you and thats why I said the new manager has 35 days to build a team. I also meant that players identified could have been due to go to Motherwell.... :wink:.

It is going to be an interesting couple of weeks, and if I am honest it is getting my urge back up to want to buy a season ticket. I may just do so.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 11:16 AM
. The other teams shouldn't come near us in this division lets be brutally honest.

I admire your confidence. With what we know at present and the dregs of last season's squad, I am doubtful that Hibs will do better than mid-table. Both Falkirk and QoS currently have stronger squads.

However, I have trust in LD finding the right manager and together they find the players to build a winning team. I must believe this for my own sanity.

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 11:17 AM
I admire your confidence. With what we know at present and the dregs of last season's squad, I am doubtful that Hibs will do better than mid-table. Both Falkirk and QoS currently have stronger squads.

However, I have trust in LD finding the right manager and together they find the players to build a winning team. I must believe this for my own sanity.

Over the course of a season Hibs should have no trouble finishing top 3 in the Championship and if we do then I will be very disappointed.

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 11:19 AM

Settle down big guy......you said the LD should have had an idea before last Tuesday??? She spoke with Butcher, which is only fair and decided he wont follow our plans. Then had to wait for applications for a role and no doubt that brought up a few names which she was unaware they were interested.

Sacking Butcher over the phone would have been deemed not Hibs class by a few on here and to be honest, i think this has been handled fine. Feel you've hosed yourself cause hearts have signed 2 players.

Due dilligance is needed in all fronts, other wise it will just bite you in the backside. We have a new CEO, new youth set up, supposidly new youth coach and will have a new manager shortly with new coaching staff. Sorry, everything will not be up and running in a week. To get it right may take months.

hhibs
17-06-2014, 11:19 AM

Totally agree,another fine mess and a scambled unorganised pre season ..........again!

number9dream
17-06-2014, 11:25 AM
What was the Mowbray / Venus dynamic? Was Mogga the brains of the operation, with Veno putting out the cones and doing a spot of shouting or was it a real collaboration in terms of planning?

Paloschi
17-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Settle down big guy......you said the LD should have had an idea before last Tuesday??? She spoke with Butcher, which is only fair and decided he wont follow our plans. Then had to wait for applications for a role and no doubt that brought up a few names which she was unaware they were interested.

Sacking Butcher over the phone would have been deemed not Hibs class by a few on here and to be honest, i think this has been handled fine. Feel you've hosed yourself cause hearts have signed 2 players.

Due dilligance is needed in all fronts, other wise it will just bite you in the backside. We have a new CEO, new youth set up, supposidly new youth coach and will have a new manager shortly with new coaching staff. Sorry, everything will not be up and running in a week. To get it right may take months.

Yes, there was no decision to make IMO. Butcher had to go.

No he should have been sacked that day him and Malpas were letting players go at the training ground. Failing that yes over the phone if Butcher wished to go on Holiday.

No i've not hosed myself. Hearts and Rangers are preparing for the season ahead. We are still in flux. This means we will be at a disadvantage come the start of the season IMO and means we may be playing championship football for more than one season.

Months - exactly. Why should we wait months? Why can't we put a winning/decent team on the park as soon as the season starts? The infrastructure is there so just go and do it.... sick of excuses.

J-C
17-06-2014, 11:32 AM
What was the Mowbray / Venus dynamic? Was Mogga the brains of the operation, with Veno putting out the cones and doing a spot of shouting or was it a real collaboration in terms of planning?

Both very good coaches with Mowbray better with the man management stuff, Venus seemingly very good coach which the players at the time loved.

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Yes, there was no decision to make IMO. Butcher had to go.

No he should have been sacked that day him and Malpas were letting players go at the training ground. Failing that yes over the phone if Butcher wished to go on Holiday.

No i've not hosed myself. Hearts and Rangers are preparing for the season ahead. We are still in flux. This means we will be at a disadvantage come the start of the season IMO and means we may be playing championship football for more than one season.

Months - exactly. Why should we wait months? Why can't we put a winning/decent team on the park as soon as the season starts? The infrastructure is there so just go and do it.... sick of excuses.

Aye good one mate...if it was easy as just go and do it then the world would be a totally redundant place. And what infrustructure??? Stadium and Training complex. Fair enough but the foundations they were build on were hopless. We are rotten to the core, fans have been saying that for 6 years as you say. You think that is going to change over night????? Utter nonsense

So you agree it could take months then say why should we wait???

I agree Butcher should have gone after the Hamilton game but Petrie did not do it. This is hardly Depsie's fault and once in position, she had to ensure that it was correct decision, especially as now it was on her head. These are professional people here, not gadgies. Ensuring decisions are well thought through and standards are met is the correct way to go. Almost every player in the UK is currently on holiday, the best thing any manager would have just now would be leaving messages and waiting until next week at the earliest for a response.

We are where we are, getting ratty and having sly digs at the club who are trying to change how it works is just petulance. Yes we were badly run before and LD is sweeping up a lot of ***** we have left behind. Only so many hours in the day and the change in 14 days since she came in have been great. In that time, had to deal with Butcher, players, George Craig, Spartans, new managers applications, interviews, media stuff and all the fan demo carry on. Things are moving and moving fast. I'd rather they took they're time and built solid foundations, build a club ethos, set our our plan and nail it than appoint someone today because Hearts have signed some boy and Miller has went back to his mates house at Ibrox.

Paloschi
17-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Aye good one mate...if it was easy as just go and do it then the world would be a totally redundant place.

So you agree it could take months then say why should we wait???

I agree Butcher should have gone after the Hamilton game but Petrie did not do it. This is hardly Depsie's fault and once in position, she had to ensure that it was correct decision, especially as now it was on her head. These are professional people here, not gadgies. Ensuring decisions are well thought through and standards are met is the correct way to go. Almost every player in the UK is currently on holiday, the best thing any manager would have just now would be leaving messages and waiting until next week at the earliest for a response.

We are where we are, getting ratty and having sly digs at the club who are trying to change how it works is just petulance. Yes we were badly run before and LD is sweeping up a lot of ***** we have left behind. Only so many hours in the day and the change in 14 days since she came in have been great.

My point is we have all the resources in place. We just need the right people and this should be well on it's way to being in place by now. A manager, a backroom team and players need to be acquired. We are dragging our heels.

I don't agree with it taking months I say 'Months - Exactly' because I know that that's is what we will come out with if it is all going wrong.

I'm just a really hacked off and worried Hibby and further delay's just keep increasing that feeling.

I am not having any sly digs at the club. My concerns are justified and clear. We have just had a disaster season that saw us relegated. I'm sorry but there is no praise I can give Hibernian Football Club at the minute.

Bristolhibby
17-06-2014, 12:21 PM
There is a timeline to these things.

a) Appoint Leeann
b) Finish season and get relegated
c) Leeann takes up post and takes stock of the situation (1/6/14)
d) Some changes implemented immediately and communication begins to imporve with fans
e) address the petrie out campaign
f) sack butcher
g) begin to look for new manager
h) contact prospective managers and receive applications
i) conduct interviews
j) appoint manager
k) Manager speaks to players and identifies who remains/goes
l) manager identifies and begins to sign players (whithin a pre identified budget)

Dempser started at point c) and we are currently at step h).

How can this be done quicker?

J

hibs4thecup1988
17-06-2014, 12:31 PM

a) Appoint Leeann
d) Some changes implemented immediately and communication begins to imporve with fans
f) sack butcher
i) conduct interviews
j) appoint manager
l) manager identifies and begins to sign players (whithin a pre identified budget)

J

:agree:

Jim44
17-06-2014, 12:36 PM
I just caught the last word in the sports news half an hour ago ...... it was 'Venus' but I've no idea what the reference was.

Golden Bear
17-06-2014, 12:41 PM
I just caught the last word in the sports news half an hour ago ...... it was 'Venus' but I've no idea what the reference was.

It was something to do with blue jeans I think.

:wink:

Jim44
17-06-2014, 12:45 PM
It was something to do with blue jeans I think.

:wink:

Ah, you old rocker. :-)

TowerHibs
17-06-2014, 12:50 PM
My point is we have all the resources in place. We just need the right people and this should be well on it's way to being in place by now. A manager, a backroom team and players need to be acquired. We are dragging our heels.

I don't agree with it taking months I say 'Months - Exactly' because I know that that's is what we will come out with if it is all going wrong.

I'm just a really hacked off and worried Hibby and further delay's just keep increasing that feeling.

I am not having any sly digs at the club. My concerns are justified and clear. We have just had a disaster season that saw us relegated. I'm sorry but there is no praise I can give Hibernian Football Club at the minute.

see Bristol Hibs response above.

I reckon what has happened in 14 days of the person now running the club first walking in the door have been as fast as humanly and legally possible

KSA Hibee
17-06-2014, 12:50 PM

a) Appoint Leeann
f) sack butcher
i) conduct interviews
j) appoint manager

J

This has to be one of the better posts on here for a while !!!!

Clear facts shown in a logical manner ...... the club has slowly died on its ar*e over several seasons and it will take time and patience to sort it out ..

Let's let the woman do her job .... (and please God help her not pick Venus!!!)

EdinMike
17-06-2014, 01:22 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/mark-venus-new-favourite-to-take-hibernian-job-1-3447365

People get ready, there's a train a' coming..

Dan Sarf
17-06-2014, 01:24 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/mark-venus-new-favourite-to-take-hibernian-job-1-3447365

People get ready, there's a train a' coming..

Look at the players on that bench!

Sean1875
17-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I'd be pretty underwhelmed with Mark Venus tbh. would of course get behind him but definitely not my first choice!

EdinMike
17-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Look at the players on that bench!

I know :boo hoo:

Hibtastic
17-06-2014, 01:44 PM
I know :boo hoo:

I was thinking that too. Fantastic talent.

I would be happy with Venus to be honest. A new manager hungry to prove himself, good track record at Hibs previously and well liked and respected by all accounts. Whatever manager comes through the door, he will have a hugely challenging job on his hands and its up to us to be positive and support him from Day 1.

I honestly believe we are at a turning point for Hibs. Onwards and upwards!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2014, 01:49 PM

a) Appoint Leeann
f) sack butcher
i) conduct interviews
j) appoint manager

J

An outbreak of common sense, which exposes most of this thread as nonsense. People should look at this post before venting their (understandable) frustrations.

dmc1875
17-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I think Venus could be a very good appointment. A good coach, knows the club and the demands of the fans, had a hand in developing our youth players when he was here and is respected by the support.

A gamble yes, but worth it I think.

Waxy
17-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Mark venuss green and white army doesnt have any ring to it. Don't think that's a bad thing at all.

EdinMike
17-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Mark venuss green and white army doesnt have any ring to it. Don't think that's a bad thing at all.

Adapt,

VEE - NUS Green & White Army...

lord bunberry
17-06-2014, 01:57 PM

a) Appoint Leeann
f) sack butcher
i) conduct interviews
j) appoint manager

J

It could have been done quicker by sacking Butcher the day after we were relegated. It didn't matter who was in charge at the time it was obvious he had to go.

inglisavhibs
17-06-2014, 02:01 PM
I'd be pretty underwhelmed with Mark Venus tbh. would of course get behind him but definitely not my first choice!
Why ? We have tried Hibs minded people, we have tried taking big name managers from other clubs, we tried ex international players, we tried foreigners all to no avail. I just want someone who can do the job quietly, someone who knows the game, someone who can sign players and mould them in to a team with a bit of pace, strength and ability, someone with man management skills who treats the players as adults and finally someone with a fierce will to win. To say you are underwhelmed by Mark Venus is a bit disrespectful when you probably don't know him. God help anybody who gets the job with support like that.

southsider
17-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Ok, but what is done is done. We need to move forward as a matter of urgency, appoint a new manager and get some players in. Plenty of players looking for contracts but the trick is to find the right ones. GGTTH

Sean1875
17-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Why ? We have tried Hibs minded people, we have tried taking big name managers from other clubs, we tried ex international players, we tried foreigners all to no avail. I just want someone who can do the job quietly, someone who knows the game, someone who can sign players and mould them in to a team with a bit of pace, strength and ability, someone with man management skills who treats the players as adults and finally someone with a fierce will to win. To say you are underwhelmed by Mark Venus is a bit disrespectful when you probably don't know him. God help anybody who gets the job with support like that.

who we've tried before is irrelevant, can't appoint someone as a manager because 'awch well we've tried someone before who fitted into a certain category and that failed, so all candidates like that will fail so we'll go with someone completely different'.
personally I just wouldn't be that inspired by it that's all, he's been linked with us 2 or 3 times before and I don't believe he wouldn't have been interviewed at least once in those times and he's never gotten it so why take him now when he's shown no more promise or improvement since the previous links? wouldn't say it's disrespectful at all, just my personal opinion, got nothing against the guy. already said id get behind him no matter what so to then have a go at my 'support' is more disrespectful than anything I said in my original post.

TRC
17-06-2014, 02:34 PM

who?

nribs
17-06-2014, 02:37 PM
who?

Was wondering that is Mixu in the former player and foreigner camp? Are TB and PF classed as foreigners

NW
17-06-2014, 02:38 PM
who?

Sauzee
Mixu
Fenlon

AlbertK86
17-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Boy on the bounce says his mate is with Venus today at Royal Ascot

KING ROD asked for his CV two weeks ago to hand onto Leeann

Not heard anything since and has not been interviewed

Going on holiday to Portugal for two weeks

Only sayin what's on the bounce

Thecat23
17-06-2014, 03:15 PM
I think Leeann is doing a good job, Hibs as a club should not have waited two weeks to sack TB. It leaves us two weeks behind others we still haven't a manager and more days pass by.

This isn't a dig at Leeann at all, but those in charge before she came in. As I said everyone knew he was gone and as usual Hibs dithering leaves us with little time to get the players in needed to compete in the championship.

Folk saying guys like Nelson, Craig, McGivern could do a job for us in this league either haven't seen them play of have zero knowledge what a football player looks like IMO.

Scottie
17-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Boy on the bounce says his mate is with Venus today at Royal Ascot

KING ROD asked for his CV two weeks ago to hand onto Leeann

Not heard anything since and has not been interviewed

Going on holiday to Portugal for two weeks

Only sayin what's on the bounce
I'm at Ascot today but I've no seen him :eyes:

Was in the silver ring but just got through into the gold ring now. If I see him I'll buy him a pint and ask for any info. :party:

Paloschi
17-06-2014, 03:29 PM
I think Leeann is doing a good job, Hibs as a club should not have waited two weeks to sack TB. It leaves us two weeks behind others we still haven't a manager and more days pass by.

This isn't a dig at Leeann at all, but those in charge before she came in. As I said everyone knew he was gone and as usual Hibs dithering leaves us with little time to get the players in needed to compete in the championship.

Folk saying guys like Nelson, Craig, McGivern could do a job for us in this league either haven't seen them play of have zero knowledge what a football player looks like IMO.

Exactly sums up my thoughts. People got the wrong end of the stick and said I was attacking the club and Leeann. I am obviously willing to support her and think she will be great for the club. It's the time wasted in not sacking Butcher I'm worried about. This could have been avoided.

Also agree with you re Nelson, Craig and McGivern. They don't deserve to be here and surely they will be axed/released. They will cost us more if they keep taking a wage. They simply cannot be part of 'new Hibs' going forward. I'd add Heffernan to that list too.

truehibernian
17-06-2014, 03:36 PM

Was in the silver ring but just got through into the gold ring now. If I see him I'll buy him a pint and ask for any info. :party:

Mark will be firing in his bets right, left and centre - hates a flutter that boy :greengrin :cb

Franck Stanton
17-06-2014, 03:37 PM
I think Venus could be a very good appointment. A good coach, knows the club and the demands of the fans, had a hand in developing our youth players when he was here and is respected by the support.

A gamble yes, but worth it I think.

Agree wholeheartedly.

John_the_angus_hibby
17-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Agree wholeheartedly.

All appointments are a gamble in terms of no guarantee of success from whomever is chosen. But I like what Mark would bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patch1875
17-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm warming to him being the appointment, good experienced coach looking for the next step seems a good fit for us.

gringojoe
17-06-2014, 04:15 PM

How much is a pint at Ascot?

Matt92
17-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Wonder what shan PR stunt would be done to shift season tickets if we got Venus...

"Leanne is from Venus and butcher from mars"
"Join the galactic spaceship to Venus and beyond"
"Venus wants Uranus"

Golden Bear
17-06-2014, 04:21 PM
How much is a pint at Ascot?

I'm not sure if pints will be the order of the day at Royal Ascot!

I'd imagine Pimms will be more the more favoured tipple of the patrons.

cam2644
17-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Mark Venus ticks a lot of boxes and would be well received- especially by those who didn't like Butcher's football style.

erin go bragh
17-06-2014, 04:39 PM

Mark Venuss , is a genius , Craig Leviens a fin p***s

Ggtth

Stuarty27
17-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Mark Venus and Boozy number two would defo make me re new my season ticket.

Think they would play the game the right way and both know the club well.

Fingers crossed.

bingo70
17-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Why hasn't Venus gone and proven himself elsewhere as a manager or does he sit about waiting for the hibs job to come up cos it's handy for him as he's got a house in the area?

nribs
17-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Why hasn't Venus gone and proven himself elsewhere as a manager or does he sit about waiting for the hibs job to come up cos it's handy for him as he's got a house in the area?

I could be wrong but I think he fancied the Boro job when TM was sacked?

J-C
17-06-2014, 07:36 PM

He only left Middlesbrough in November when Karanka took over, probably having a wee break from football.

bingo70
17-06-2014, 07:38 PM
He only left Middlesbrough in November when Karanka took over, probably having a wee break from football.

I'm maybe being harsh on Venus but if he wasn't assistant manager when he was here before he wouldn't be considered, the fact he used to be here shouldn't be relevant imo.

Paisley Hibby
17-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Over the course of a season Hibs should have no trouble finishing top 3 in the Championship and if we do then I will be very disappointed.

Even 4th place would mean qualifying for the promotion play offs. But I'll be disappointed if we are not challenging to win the league, especially with fat Sally at the Huns and Neilson having to pretend he's really the manager at the diet Huns.

Paisley Hibby
17-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm maybe being harsh on Venus but if he wasn't assistant manager when he was here before he wouldn't be considered, the fact he used to be here shouldn't be relevant imo.

And he probably wouldn't be considering us either but for that?

I'd have been happy if he had stepped up to be permanent manager when Mowbray left for WBA (I think he did caretaker for one game?)

J-C
17-06-2014, 07:42 PM

He was part of the last decent management team we've had for a good few years, knows the club and what the fans want, plus he's added to his experience with W Brom, Celtic and Middlesbrough

Lago
17-06-2014, 07:47 PM

Was offered the managers job when TM left for W. BROM

bingo70
17-06-2014, 07:50 PM
He was part of the last decent management team we've had for a good few years, knows the club and what the fans want, plus he's added to his experience with W Brom, Celtic and Middlesbrough

Nah, just cannae get excited by the prospect of him managing us at all.

Galahibby
17-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Can't say I'm impressed if it's Venus. But it can't be any worse than Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood, Hughes or Mixu.

Can't say I was particularly overwhelmed when Mowbray was appointed either though, but as it turned out it was probably the last time I can actually remember enjoying going to the games. Could be a decent shout, especially if Boozy is involved somewhere too. Of course, if we don't actually have any players by the time the season starts it won't matter if Sir Alex comes out of retirement, we're still gonna be buggered!

Spike Mandela
17-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Nah, just cannae get excited by the prospect of him managing us at all.

I don't want to get excited by the announcement of a manager I want to get excited when that manager starts putting teams on the park.

inglisavhibs
17-06-2014, 09:38 PM
who?
Mixu and Sauzee