PDA

View Full Version : The holistic player pathway

SonOfDavidFrancey
16-06-2014, 08:45 AM
From the BBC article about Hibs' tie-up with Spartans: "This agreement will see us take an holistic approach to creating a player pathway which will enable our young players to enjoy elite football in a supportive environment and graduate from the Transition Academy better equipped for life, education and the appropriate level of football participation." :confused:

SeanWilson
16-06-2014, 09:04 AM
From the BBC article about Hibs' tie-up with Spartans: "This agreement will see us take an holistic approach to creating a player pathway which will enable our young players to enjoy elite football in a supportive environment and graduate from the Transition Academy better equipped for life, education and the appropriate level of football participation." :confused:

Basically, the aim is to have the club connecting from top to bottom. Not disjointed as it apparently has been.

Twiglet
16-06-2014, 09:13 AM

By being holistic they'll be looking at things from all angles when developing a player, not just the part on the park, there's a bigger picture.

FranckSuzy
16-06-2014, 10:11 AM
For 'holistic', read "not going out drinking before games", "staying away from fast food outlets" and "not making an erse of yourself (& dragging the club's name through the mud) on social media". Think that about covers it :greengrin

Waxy
16-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Holistic. No really sure what it means. Do anything wrong and you'll get whacked wi the holi stic?

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Thought he was a Bosnian players that we've been linked with.

whiskas
16-06-2014, 12:32 PM
For 'holistic', read "not going out drinking before games", "staying away from fast food outlets" and "not making an erse of yourself (& dragging the club's name through the mud) on social media". Think that about covers it :greengrin

...and smashing the free weights in the gym after training so you don't get pushed over by those big ugly Championship defenders :aok:

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Being able to drink a yard of ale in under 10 seconds. :aok:

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 01:22 PM
You know the world has gone totally crazy when Football Fans start using the word holistic...

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2014, 04:15 PM
You know the world has gone totally crazy when Football Fans start using the word holistic...

:greengrin

:agree: That's an immense insight, is that. Whereas the Spartans statement is pretentious crap.

nonshinyfinish
16-06-2014, 07:10 PM
'Holistic', 'synergy', and 'silo' are the formerly respectable words currently being ruined by unthinking middle-management bullsh*ttery at my work.

Devilstorment
16-06-2014, 08:30 PM
'Holistic', 'synergy', and 'silo' are the formerly respectable words currently being ruined by unthinking middle-management bullsh*ttery at my work.

:agree:

spike220
16-06-2014, 11:18 PM

You will never cut it at the top with your silo thinking that stifles synergy and fails to take a holistic approach to critiquing the current management paradigm at your place of work. :cb

monktonharp
16-06-2014, 11:30 PM
I went totally holistic at the weekend.started off as a quite family and friends BBQ, I could not resist that 2nd bottle o' wine, all got a bit messy and couldnae find my mates toilet in his new hoose. ends up his wife blamed me because the new rosebush was not flowering and she'd spent 23 quid at Dobbies for it.

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2014, 06:13 AM

Silo was the new thing 15 years ago, surprised its still trending.

Hibby70
17-06-2014, 06:37 AM
As long as nobody starts "reaching out".

Wakeyhibee
17-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Will statements like this adversely affect the footfall at Easter Road next season or are we on the upramp?