PDA

View Full Version : Collins set for Celtic No2

Time For Heroes
16-06-2014, 05:35 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-set-unveil-john-collins-3701909

spike220
16-06-2014, 07:42 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-set-unveil-john-collins-3701909

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:

Diclonius
16-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Thank Christ, now everyone can stop proclaiming him as our potential saviour whilst completely ignoring his failings.

Hibbyradge
16-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Phew. We dodged a bullet there. :agree:

we are hibs
16-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Bad news. Wanted him back to sort this mess out.

Golden Bear
16-06-2014, 08:14 AM

Exactly.

Billychaotic182
16-06-2014, 08:41 AM
As much as I liked Collins he had the worst signings out of any manager I've seen and the thought of him signing almost an entire squad scared the sh*t out of me!

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2014, 08:42 AM
But he was a shoo in for DOF at Hibs.

Spike Mandela
16-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Pity, he would certainly have approved of our holistic player pathway and no doubt would be an ardent practitioner of it.

Callum_62
16-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Wasnt he set to be named last week too??

:wink:

Scottie
16-06-2014, 09:18 AM

:agree: Once the new manager ****s up after 5-6 months all you doubters will be back on here crying out for JC to finally come back to ER to save us. :cb

You all know he's the only man for the Hibs job.

chrisski33
16-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Why are folk surprised? Its been on the cards for over a week plus he wont come back to er whilst petrie is about

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Celtic Number Two.

It's true in so many ways....

:wink:

GreenLake
16-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Scott Brown will be over the moon.:greengrin

jacomo
16-06-2014, 11:57 AM
:agree: Once the new manager ****s up after 5-6 months all you doubters will be back on here crying out for JC to finally come back to ER to save us. :cb

They should, but they won't.

My guess is that the appointment of our new head of development reduces the scope for JC to come in, as I am sure he'd want to play a big part in the overhaul of the academy etc.

Lago
16-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Phew. We dodged a bullet there. :agree:

What bullet?

GlenrothesHibee
16-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Massive sigh of relief here

Winston Ingram
16-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Thank Christ, now everyone can stop proclaiming him as our potential saviour whilst completely ignoring his failings.

This. Probably the biggest slaver ever to manage us. Hopefully the allow him to make all their signings.:greengrin

Winston Ingram
16-06-2014, 01:17 PM

We could hire a 100 **** ups and I still wouldn't be crying out to bring that twat back

Winston Ingram
16-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Why are folk surprised? Its been on the cards for over a week plus he wont come back to er whilst petrie is about

Finally, a reason to keep the tache:greengrin

Onceinawhile
16-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Hope he fails miserably. Nothing personal. Just what I wish for any celtic employee

Frazerbob
16-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Very good point. Wonder how that will work?

Scottie
16-06-2014, 09:03 PM
We could hire a 100 **** ups and I still wouldn't be crying out to bring that twat back
He's the one that gave you your last trophy success :wink:

Hibbyradge
16-06-2014, 09:28 PM

He also treated the cup winning players so badly that they felt compelled to complain to the Chairman.

I've never heard of that happening anywhere before or since.

Dashing Bob S
16-06-2014, 09:38 PM
I love JC, he will always be a Hibs legend in my eyes, to say nothing of a personal style icon.

But people need to accept the fact that he's a **** manager because of a) having no people management skills b) insistence on signing absolute no-hopers.

These are important skills in football management. If the new Celtic manager has any sense he'll keep him away from those areas.

Scottie
16-06-2014, 09:38 PM
He also treated the cup winning players so badly that they felt compelled to complain to the Chairman.

I've never heard of that happening anywhere before or since.
Behave
Poor we souls asked to do a few extra training sessions in the afternoon.
These so called cup winners were so weak they waited till JC was away to go round Rods and have a blubber.
Thats why we are in such a state as a club now as that was the turning point to our rapid decline of piss poor managerial appointments and piss poor performances on the park.
But hey if your happy with the way things have gone for our club since he left I'm pleased for you. :aok:

Brooster
16-06-2014, 09:44 PM
This is good news for Hibs..

Peevemor
16-06-2014, 09:46 PM

Was there really a problem between them? My memory is that after handing in his transfer request, Brown kept his mind on the job and was 100% professional (as well as avoiding giving daft quotes to the press) .

TheFamous1875
16-06-2014, 09:56 PM
(as well as avoiding giving daft quotes to the press) .

"I dunno" about that! :wink:

http://youtu.be/rMeYPir9ZhA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hibbyradge
16-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Behave
Poor we souls asked to do a few extra training sessions in the afternoon.
These so called cup winners were so weak they waited till JC was away to go round Rods and have a blubber.
Thats why we are in such a state as a club now as that was the turning point to our rapid decline of piss poor managerial appointments and piss poor performances on the park.
But hey if your happy with the way things have gone for our club since he left I'm pleased for you. :aok:

What a stupid response.

Because I pointed out that Collins so alienated the players that they took the decision to complain about his bullying style, you think I'm happy with what's happened since?

As far as I know, a team hasn't collectively gone over a manager's head before. Yet you're prepared to stand by Collins and say the 18 players were all at fault.

Really?

18 weak bubbling players. 1 strong, righteous and heroic manager.

A manager who was so strong and heroic, he sloped off in the huff when the going got too tough for him.

Scottie
16-06-2014, 10:06 PM
What a stupid response.

Because I pointed out that Collins so alienated the players that they took the decision to complain about his bullying style, you think I'm happy with what's happened since?

As far as I know, a team hasn't collectively gone over a manager's head before. Yet you're prepared to stand by Collins and say the 18 players were all at fault.

Really?

A manager who was so strong and heroic, he sloped off in the huff when the going got too tough for him.
We bow to your superior knowledge.
Reading your post by the sounds of it you know all about the happenings at ER at the time or is it what you've heard ?
Who mentioned anything about standing by JC ?
Your original post said he treated the cup winning players badly. By what showing them his six pack and telling them to train harder :rolleyes:

Unseen work
16-06-2014, 10:52 PM
I would be so underwhelmed as a Celtic fan

ScottB
16-06-2014, 11:02 PM
That his career has been manager, director of football, coach and now assistant manager says it all. He still hasn't found a role that suits his skills but doesn't highlight his flaws.

Hibby70
17-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Wait a minute - is Global Hibby really John Collins?

Finbar
17-06-2014, 07:16 AM
It's going to be a bit awkward when he's assistant manager at Celtic and his French consortium takes over hibs. He didn't think that one through.

Winston Ingram
17-06-2014, 12:00 PM

Aye he did with Mowbrays team. Beat Hearts, 1st Div St Johnstone and Killie. Forgive if i don't quite see that win as purely down to him. I'm pretty certain we would have won it if he never showed up.

Winston Ingram
17-06-2014, 12:02 PM
What a stupid response.

Really?

100% this.

On top of that he signed a truckload of the worst players ever to soil Easter Road

Winston Ingram
17-06-2014, 12:06 PM
We bow to your superior knowledge.
Reading your post by the sounds of it you know all about the happenings at ER at the time or is it what you've heard ?
Who mentioned anything about standing by JC ?
Your original post said he treated the cup winning players badly. By what showing them his six pack and telling them to train harder :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, all we do know is that a bucket load of players felt the need to go to the chairman as it was confirmed by a number of players.

We do not know what the reasons were, working harder/6 packs is just guesswork.

stantonhibby
17-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Aye he did with Mowbrays team. Beat Hearts, 1st Div St Johnstone and Killie. Forgive if i don't quite see that win as purely down to him. I'm pretty certain we would have won it if he never showed up.

I like how you make it seem as though beating Hearts is such a formality where history suggests we usually blow it. That was JC's first game as well. Mowbray's team took a few pastings from Hearts and would have had Zibby in goals so I don't really share your confidence.
I don't particularly want JC to return however I do think he deserves the majority credit for the cup win. Funny how Mowbray couldn't win anything with Mowbray's team ?
I do agree with your next post re JC's signings - on the whole they were a hopeless bunch.

Bad Martini
17-06-2014, 12:15 PM

:confused:

I am perplexed to understand why St Tony couldnt manage to win precisely anything with "his" team.

The reality is, if Tony had been in charge, we'd never have reached that final...we'd have run out of steam and lacked balls long before the final.

Not a ".net fact" .... just my observation. Source: my eyes and hours of watching Hibs under every manager for the last 35 years.

:aok:

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2014, 12:19 PM
That his career has been manager, director of football, coach and now assistant manager says it all. He still hasn't found a role that suits his skills but doesn't highlight his flaws.

Was going to use that tiresome term 'nutshell' but it's rather beneath me, so I'll content myself with the observation that this is the crux of matter, beautifully and succinctly rendered.

KeithTheHibby
17-06-2014, 12:29 PM

So applying that theory Butcher should not be blamed for Hibs relegation seeing as it was Fenlons team? Just wondering.

KeithTheHibby
17-06-2014, 12:33 PM
:confused:

I am perplexed to understand why St Tony couldnt manage to win precisely anything with "his" team.

The reality is, if Tony had been in charge, we'd never have reached that final...we'd have run out of steam and lacked balls long before the final.

Not a ".net fact" .... just my observation. Source: my eyes and hours of watching Hibs under every manager for the last 35 years.

:aok:

:agree: I am not convinced we would have beat St J in extra time if Mowbray had been in charge. We did win it though and that was the main thing. I don't understand the mentality of people on here who try and discredit JC with that cup win. I don't remember many people on here saying it was Mowbray's team when JC was parading the cup.

KeithTheHibby
17-06-2014, 12:38 PM
What a stupid response.

Really?

How do you know he went off in the huff? As far as I am aware he wasn't or going to get the support from the board to take the club further?
I actually admire him for quitting considering the amount of money that came in (10m) and the amount he was allowed to spend.

Would you not do the same if your manager wasn't supporting you and you could afford to quit?

TheFamous1875
17-06-2014, 12:57 PM
So applying that theory Butcher should not be blamed for Hibs relegation seeing as it was Fenlons team? Just wondering.

To an extent, but we couldn't have possibly been relegated in such a manner if it weren't for Terry Butcher. Just like we couldn't have won the League Cup in the manner we did without John Collins.

Like most things in life, there's not a black and white answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nribs
17-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Celtic No2 official

iwasthere1972
17-06-2014, 01:07 PM
:agree: Confirmed on SSN.

Winston Ingram
17-06-2014, 01:28 PM

Hardly. The League Cups was 3 games. Butcher had almost 30.:rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
17-06-2014, 01:28 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/news/6071

Bullet dodged:greengrin

greenginger
17-06-2014, 01:38 PM
100% this.

On top of that he signed a truckload of the worst players ever to soil Easter Road

Has anyone got a list of the numpties Collins signed ?

There were that many appearing back then I forget who was responsible for which ones.

Want to run them past a couple of Tic supporters down the pub . :greengrin

EdinMike
17-06-2014, 03:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27890417

Ta Jebus..

KeithTheHibby
17-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Hardly. The League Cups was 3 games. Butcher had almost 30.:rolleyes:

What a rediculous comparison. I was meaning time they have been in charge and you know that.:rolleyes:

Golden Bear
17-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Michael Stewart currently being asked his opinion on JC on Radio Scotland.

I'm not sure if he's the right person to be asking - I've a feeling his opinion could be slightly biased as he was not included in the League Cup final team!

The Falcon
17-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Michael Stewart currently being asked his opinion on JC on Radio Scotland.

I'm not sure if he's the right person to be asking - I've a feeling his opinion could be slightly biased as he was not included in the League Cup final team!

He was basically sacked a month later.

I am pleased for Collins. He is from a Celtic supporting family and his late father would be a very proud man.

Winston Ingram
17-06-2014, 09:42 PM
I like how you make it seem as though beating Hearts is such a formality where history suggests we usually blow it. That was JC's first game as well. Mowbray's team took a few pastings from Hearts and would have had Zibby in goals so I don't really share your confidence.
I don't particularly want JC to return however I do think he deserves the majority credit for the cup win. Funny how Mowbray couldn't win anything with Mowbray's team ?
I do agree with your next post re JC's signings - on the whole they were a hopeless bunch.

I'm not saying that he didn't deserve credit. I'm just saying that we probably still would have won it if Mowbray stayed. Mowbray's team did take a few humpings but they also beat them a few times as well.

Winston Ingram
17-06-2014, 09:47 PM
What a rediculous comparison. I was meaning time they have been in charge and you know that.:rolleyes:

How do I know what? You commented on a comment I made about Collins contribution to the 2007 cup win:confused:

jacomo
18-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Was going to use that tiresome term 'nutshell' but it's rather beneath me, so I'll content myself with the observation that this is the crux of matter, beautifully and succinctly rendered.

All men are flawed. I'd take him back because his team resembled a flawed diamond at times, rather than the trod-on turd of last season.

I'll say it again - the Hibs.net mantra is 'give me a decent team on the park', yet people don't want the manager who was in charge of the most decent team of the past decade.

jacomo
18-06-2014, 09:28 AM
:agree: I am not convinced we would have beat St J in extra time if Mowbray had been in charge. We did win it though and that was the main thing. I don't understand the mentality of people on here who try and discredit JC with that cup win. I don't remember many people on here saying it was Mowbray's team when JC was parading the cup.

:agree: It's just plain weird.