PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Next Season.

silverhibee
15-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Wonder if the club will honour Lewis with a testimonial next season as that will be 10 full years at the club or is he one of the players who has been told he can leave.

KWJ
15-06-2014, 10:30 PM
I hope they do. If Ian Murray got one it'd be pretty scandalous should Lewis not.

Everybody has their own opinion of the wee man but it must be a pretty select bunch of players that have spent their career at Hibs & can call themselves a cup winner.

:flag:

hibee_girl
15-06-2014, 10:32 PM
I hope they do. If Ian Murray got one it'd be pretty scandalous should Lewis not.

Everybody has their own opinion of the wee man but it must be a pretty select bunch of players that have spent their career at Hibs & can call themselves a cup winner.

Exactly.

silverhibee
15-06-2014, 10:33 PM

Totally agree, the wee man deserves it for his service to Hibs.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Undoubtedly deserves one.

I've slated him in the past but he is very much under-rated.

If we had 11 Lewis Stevensons last season, we would still be in the Premiership.

The_Horde
15-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Hope so. Fully deserves it!

Hibernia Na Eir
15-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Can think of many other Hibernians more worthy to honest. In fact, players a lot more worthythan LS.
what has he actually done to benefit Hibernian??
not worthy, in the slightest.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Can think of many other Hibernians more worthy to honest. In fact, players a lot more worthythan LS.

oh aye, he relegated us!

keep the faith
15-06-2014, 10:49 PM

Oh dear....

Pretty Boy
15-06-2014, 10:51 PM

Played in a trophy winning side.

Pretty select group of Hibs players who have done that.

hibee_girl
15-06-2014, 10:52 PM
oh aye, he relegated us!

Singlehandedly?! My word, that's some talent!

Jonnyboy
15-06-2014, 10:52 PM

:rolleyes:

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Undoubtedly deserves one.

silverhibee
15-06-2014, 10:55 PM

Who.?

Won a winners medal with Hibs, pretty sure he was MOTM that day too.

And he has gave 10 good years service to the club, it's not about being worthy it is about him giving 10 full years to the club and the club should do the right thing for him.

Tricla
15-06-2014, 10:55 PM

Drivel

Spike Mandela
15-06-2014, 10:57 PM
If we had 11 Lewis Stevensons last season, we would still be in the Premiership.

He scores less goals than James Collins, less assists than Tom Taiwo, cannae play right back and is too wee to be a goalkeeper.

Your statement is factually incorrect..................just saying.:cb

givescotlandfreedom
15-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Lewis has been a great servant to the club and professional. Thoroughly deserving of a testimonial IMO.

Twiglet
15-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Whoever the new manager is, I hope he decides quickly so plans can be drawn up to mark Lewis reaching this milestone.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Fully deserves one IMO.

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 11:03 PM
100% deserves it.

Onceinawhile
15-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Didn't realise he made his debut as far back as 2005. Only 188 appearances in those ten years.

Deserves it. Definition of "guid honest Scottish laddie'.

jacomo
15-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Who.?

Won a winners medal with Hibs, pretty sure he was MOTM that day too.

And he has gave 10 good years service to the club, it's not about being worthy it is about him giving 10 full years to the club and the club should do the right thing for him.

Not sure you needed to credit that post with a response.

LS fully deserves a testimonial, sure it will be well supported. But I think they work better at the end of a players time with a club. He could be in the squad for a few more years yet.

Diclonius
16-06-2014, 12:08 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/6456647.stm

hihohibby
16-06-2014, 12:23 AM
I don't believe in testimonials. Stevenson is well paid compared to the man on the street and has delivered, at best, average to poor performances over a long, long time. It is only because he has been surrounded by sub standard journeymen that he has stood out for the effort he admittedly puts in. But he is not a game changer or match winner, in fact, I struggle to know what he is other than an honest trier, who should be no where near Hibs first team. The deterioration in quality at Hibs has conveniently allowed Stevenson to claim a regular slot. He is certainly not of the quality needed to get us back into the SPL next season.

.Sean.
16-06-2014, 12:47 AM
You post some amount of ***** but this probably trumps the lot.

kaimendhibs
16-06-2014, 02:28 AM
Lewis has been a great servant to the club and professional. Thoroughly deserving of a testimonial IMO.

Agree 100% and I would be there

Sent from my iphone

kaimendhibs
16-06-2014, 02:30 AM
I don't believe in testimonials. Stevenson is well paid compared to the man on the street and has delivered, at best, average to poor performances over a long, long time. It is only because he has been surrounded by sub standard journeymen that he has stood out for the effort he admittedly puts in. But he is not a game changer or match winner, in fact, I struggle to know what he is other than an honest trier, who should be no where near Hibs first team. The deterioration in quality at Hibs has conveniently allowed Stevenson to claim a regular slot. He is certainly not of the quality needed to get us back into the SPL next season.

Agree he most likely is well paid but it's a short career. Give him a testimonial I say

Sent from my iphone

500miles
16-06-2014, 05:20 AM
He's probably given away less goals in his career than McGivern has this season alone.

An excellent competitor, and would be picked up by a top flight team if we were foolish enough to let him go. His passing, first touch and positioning are as good as anyone in the team, he's a fierce but controlled tackler, he can deliver a good cross from the left, and he is almost superhumanly fit.

He's stuck with Hibs through thick and thin, despite being courted by the likes of St. Johnstone (more first team oppertunities and less hassle.) and has never let us or himself down. Absolutely, he deserves a testimonial.

PeeJay
16-06-2014, 06:05 AM

He was man of the match when we last won a trophy with some great players in the team .... hope that answers your question ...

heretoday
16-06-2014, 06:29 AM
He deserves one just for managing to keep his job in a dark era for the club. I can't see it being a joyous occasion though.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2014, 06:48 AM
10 years unbroken service, of course he should get one. FFS they gave one to Ian Murray who left us on a bosman, making sure the club received no money and he got one.

Personally though, i was quite glad the crowd was that low for his testimonial, it told me that folk wont be conned anymore, and if you deserve one then the crowd will turn up.

frazeHFC
16-06-2014, 07:25 AM
He deserves one but if he's staying I think he will hold it off for a few more seasons. Still got plenty years left, if he's still here in 5 years time he'd get a huge crowd at it.

jdships
16-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Drivel

:top marks:agree::agree:

lucky
16-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Testimonials should only be given after 10 years of being in the 1st team and at the end of their careers, even then I'm not convinced that highly paid footballers deserve more cash

DH1875
16-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Testimonials should only be given after 10 years of being in the 1st team and at the end of their careers, even then I'm not convinced that highly paid footballers deserve more cash

We're talking about Hibs players though, not EPL players. I'd seriously doubt Lewis is highly over paid and won't have made anywhere near enough to live of once he retires. IF all these pay cut rumours are true, I'll even bet there's folk on here earning more per week than half our squad look like they'll be. Not exactly over paid footballers to me.
What ever people's thoughts are about his ability. If Lewis does make the 10 years. He should defo get a testimonial.

Deansy
16-06-2014, 09:48 AM
People moan about the 'lack of commitment' we get from Hibs-players but for some strange reason, the ONE player we do get that from, gets grief ??. If only we had more players with Lewis Stevenson's attitude, loyalty, work-rate etc, we wouldn't have been relegated. I, for one, will be delighted when his testimonial is confirmed.

jdships
16-06-2014, 10:06 AM

Have never been enthusiastic about Prem League " Testimonials " .
If a lad had played for a part time club for ten years or more earning apittance while devotingg a lot of time to the club then yeas I am all for them

Must admit emotion comes into things with LS !! Here is a player who has given his all to the club , never ,to my knowledge , complained , s..t stirred whatever. Just got on with the job
Deserves a " thank you " :not worth

Paloschi
16-06-2014, 10:09 AM
With regards to 10 years service, yes he deserves it.

Says an awful lot more about Hibs though. LS has been here 10 years...

lord bunberry
16-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Have never been enthusiastic about Prem League " Testimonials " .
If a lad had played for a part time club for ten years or more earning apittance while devotingg a lot of time to the club then yeas I am all for them

Must admit emotion comes into things with LS !! Here is a player who has given his all to the club , never ,to my knowledge , complained , s..t stirred whatever. Just got on with the job
Deserves a " thank you " :not worth
He probably does deserve one, I've always considered him to be more of a squad player, but his commitment to hibs has never been in doubt. When others have downed tools he's always been in there fighting, for that alone he deserves a testimonial

--------
16-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Really? Currently at the club? Name them.

BTW - who's that in your avatar? If it's who I think it is, it says all I need to know about your ability to judge character and "worthiness".

Of course Lewis deserves a testimonial - once upon a time it wouldn't have been in question. Ten years service - testimonial due. End of.

The Baldmans Comb
16-06-2014, 11:19 AM

I would agree with most of that. Stevenson sums up the dreadful mediocrity that some Hibs fans strive for on the basis that he is a 'good laddie' who tries 'really really hard.':confused:

Jesus wept however he does thoroughly deserve a testimonial as this should be based on loyalty and committment rather than ability.

I wont be going anywhere near it though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I would agree with most of that. Stevenson sums up the dreadful mediocrity that some Hibs fans strive for on the basis that he is a 'good laddie' who tries 'really really hard.':confused:

Jesus wept however he does thoroughly deserve a testimonial as this should be based on loyalty and committment rather than ability.

I wont be going anywhere near it though.

Perfectly sums things up for me. :agree:

Allant1981
16-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I for one would attend a testimonial for LS, i really like him and think he is way under rated, not sure about the comment from someone saying he probably couldnt retire if he stopped playing now, if he hasnt been daft with his money then im pretty sure he will be a wealthy young guy, prob been on about a grand a week for the last 5 or 6 years is a good amount of money

SunshineOnLeith
16-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Save for when he was getting played at right back, I don't think he had a bad game last season. And when he actually got a run in the team at left midfield was arguably our best player. And that's not in a 'best of a bad bunch' sort of way, he was simply excellent.

HibbyAndy
16-06-2014, 01:33 PM
100% Deserves it.

MontrealHibs
16-06-2014, 01:42 PM
I for one would attend a testimonial for LS, i really like him and think he is way under rated, not sure about the comment from someone saying he probably couldnt retire if he stopped playing now, if he hasnt been daft with his money then im pretty sure he will be a wealthy young guy, prob been on about a grand a week for the last 5 or 6 years is a good amount of money

I agree, I would also attend... and I have a fair travel commitment!

Lester B
16-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Perfectly sums things up for me. :agree:

I'm pleased that it does. Would hate to read through another post as mince as that one you are agreeing with.

Bostonhibby
16-06-2014, 01:46 PM
certainly deserved, and a game I will definitely attend.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Hardly going to be able to retire after picking up a wage from Hibs for 10 years. Think he would be on the higher rate of tax at 40% (someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong) and even if he is/was earning a couple of grand a week he wouldn't have accumulated enough to put his feet up yet.

Yes he may be a bit richer than me and you but I bet his bank balance isn't six figures, unless of course you include the pences. :greengrin

leggeto
16-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I think he should get one,if some folk don't then they don't need to go,fairly rare testimonial games those days and its not as if he gets mega bucks like others in the past

Jonnyboy
16-06-2014, 03:21 PM
He's probably given away less goals in his career than McGivern has this season alone.

An excellent competitor, and would be picked up by a top flight team if we were foolish enough to let him go. His passing, first touch and positioning are as good as anyone in the team, he's a fierce but controlled tackler, he can deliver a good cross from the left, and he is almost superhumanly fit.

He's stuck with Hibs through thick and thin, despite being courted by the likes of St. Johnstone (more first team oppertunities and less hassle.) and has never let us or himself down. Absolutely, he deserves a testimonial.

People moan about the 'lack of commitment' we get from Hibs-players but for some strange reason, the ONE player we do get that from, gets grief ??. If only we had more players with Lewis Stevenson's attitude, loyalty, work-rate etc, we wouldn't have been relegated. I, for one, will be delighted when his testimonial is confirmed.

Well said, both of you. Of course we'd like better players but until they arrive I'll stick to picking Lewis every week

greenlex
16-06-2014, 03:27 PM
I didn't agree with Ian Murrays testimonial and did not support it. Lewis Stevenson on the other hand deserves one and I will support it. If you don't agree then don't support it. Simples

Stantons Angel
16-06-2014, 05:27 PM
You post some amount of ***** but this probably trumps the lot.

That just sums it up for me!!

Not even gotten over the mess of last season and we are off again on Lewis!

Please stop trying to wynd people up on here (especially me) about your ill conceived thoughts on Lewis and his chances of a testimonial.

This laddie has worn that jersey with pride every time he has pulled it over his head! He thoroughly deserves any sort of recognition from the club and a testimonial against a decent side would be a good way for the club and the fans to say "thank you" to a loyal professional who has only ever played for HIBS!

I hope if and when its decided that the fans will turn out for him.

hibsbollah
16-06-2014, 05:54 PM

You normally talk sense as well. Were you steamin or has someone hacked your account? Dumbheaded post.

snooky
16-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Don't particularly like testimonials but I would certainly push the boat out for Louie.
He's well worthy of one.

(Pity he didn't have a hard shot - we could have called it Stevenson's Rocket :offski:)

judas
16-06-2014, 07:28 PM
If you believe a player should be rewarded simply for being at a club for 10 years, go and support him at a testimonial.

If you don't believe in celebrating the embodiment of mediocrity, don't go.

snooky
16-06-2014, 07:35 PM
If you be believe a player should be rewarded simply for being at a club for 10 years, go and support him at a testimonial.

Good user name :greengrin
:wink:

TheFamous1875
16-06-2014, 07:54 PM
I really can't think of many times Lewis has let us down. Although I can think of many, many times in almost every match he's played that he makes a incisive tackle, or retains the ball, or breaks up play, or clears lines. He has the heart of a lion and always gets stuck in. I can't believe with the amount of **** ups we've had over these years at Hibs and people still think the consistent, reliable, if unremarkable Lewis Stevenson is the problem.

People just can't get it into their heads that just because he's not a goal scorer or a particularly creative or silky player it doesn't mean he is automatically a **** player.

In a good team (like the one he starred in when we won a cup), he'd flourish and be lauded for the exact same things. He's a better player than he was then and he'd be even better in a good team now.

Play him either in the middle of the park, to the left or as a left wing-back. He's one of the only guys you can't moan about when it comes to playing for Hibs. If he had the right players around him he'd be lauded in the same regard as a Mathias Jack.

I hope he gets his testimonial at a time when we have a good squad and positivity around us. People would see how effective he is in a good team and would give him the respect he deserves for playing here (and playing consistently well) for over a decade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jonnyboy
16-06-2014, 08:07 PM
I really can't think of many times Lewis has let us down. Although I can think of many, many times in almost every match he's played that he makes a incisive tackle, or retains the ball, or breaks up play, or clears lines. He has the heart of a lion and always gets stuck in. I can't believe with the amount of **** ups we've had over these years at Hibs and people still think the consistent, reliable, if unremarkable Lewis Stevenson is the problem.

People just can't get it into their heads that just because he's not a goal scorer or a particularly creative or silky player it doesn't mean he is automatically a **** player.

In a good team (like the one he starred in when we won a cup), he'd flourish and be lauded for the exact same things. He's a better player than he was then and he'd be even better in a good team now.

Play him either in the middle of the park, to the left or as a left wing-back. He's one of the only guys you can't moan about when it comes to playing for Hibs. If he had the right players around him he'd be lauded in the same regard as a Mathias Jack.

I hope he gets his testimonial at a time when we have a good squad and positivity around us. People would see how effective he is in a good team and would give him the respect he deserves for playing here (and playing consistently well) for over a decade.

Some folk on here have made up their minds and it doesn't matter how reliable etc Lewis is, we won't change their minds. I like to think the majority recognise his qualities :aok:

Jonnyboy
16-06-2014, 08:08 PM
If you be believe a player should be rewarded simply for being at a club for 10 years, go and support him at a testimonial.

Well you're consistent, I'll give you that :wink:

Eyrie
16-06-2014, 08:50 PM
100% deserved in my opinion.

KiddA
16-06-2014, 09:45 PM
If you believe a player should be rewarded simply for being at a club for 10 years, go and support him at a testimonial.

:agree:

Peevemor
16-06-2014, 09:47 PM

Scottie
16-06-2014, 10:44 PM

Sums it up really. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-06-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm pleased that it does. Would hate to read through another post as mince as that one you are agreeing with.

Not another give me another 10 Lewis' man?

lEXO
17-06-2014, 12:31 AM
I reckon he deserves it. Folk moan about lack of loyalty and commitment but slate a guy who is loyal and 100% commited. He may not be the best player we have but if others with more talent had a fraction of his professionalism they wouldn't be ****ed and out the game by their late 20,s. We have bigger problems than guys like Lewis and whether he deserves a testimonial. If he gets one i will b there.

Lester B
17-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Not another give me another 10 Lewis' man?

Hardly. I think he is far from the worst player we had last season. In a good squad he would be a squad player, not a first pick. All this talk here of mediocrity is embarassing in the extreme and indicative of where the collective mindset of a section of Hibs fans is at the moment. Stevenson deserves a testimonial for nothing more than putting up with the oafs that think he is somehow responsible for everything from relegation to the start of WW1. He will never be a star player but deserves better than some here give him credit for.

And who says I'm a man??

silverhibee
02-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Wonder if the club will honour Lewis with a testimonial next season as that will be 10 full years at the club or is he one of the players who has been told he can leave.

Take it the club isn't doing anything for Lewis this year, with him only having a year left on his contract it may be to late to honour him with a testimonial.

down-the-slope
02-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Take it the club isn't doing anything for Lewis this year, with him only having a year left on his contract it may be to late to honour him with a testimonial.

Silver - not aimed at you particularly .... but just who do folk think the club is?

WE - supporters mainly / management & staff (a huge number of whom are supporters as well) / players ARE the club.... if we think that something should be done / not be done we need to exert pressure to make it happen / not happen....

LDempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

if some of the 'WE' are offering to get involved and make this happen email Leeann an make a case....she will listen based on argument / passion / commitment to follow though :aok:

MSK
02-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Silver - not aimed at you particularly .... but just who do folk think the club is?

WE - supporters mainly / management & staff (a huge number of whom are supporters as well) / players ARE the club.... if we think that something should be done / not be done we need to exert pressure to make it happen / not happen....

if some of the 'WE' are offering to get involved and make this happen email Leeann an make a case....she will listen based on argument / passion / commitment to follow though :aok:Silver has a point, WE know hibs are a community club etc etc etc but surely fans shouldn't have to contact the club to ask if someone is due a testimonial game ...if a player has been a loyal servant then its the clubs responsibility to honour the players loyalty ..the fans will, Im sure turn up to whatever game the Hibernian board lay on ....

Deansy
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Lewis Stevenson thoroughly deserves a testimonial for the example he sets alone !. One of the few who have never disgraced the jersey in the last few years (or his entire career !) and there's not exactly been a lot like him !

Just wish Hibs would play him in midfield as, imho, he's far, far better in that position.

Mr White
02-08-2014, 08:44 PM
It's possible lewis doesn't want a testimonial. He doesn't strike me as the type who likes being the centre of attention.

DH1875
02-08-2014, 08:45 PM
IF he is here next season then he will fully deserve a testimonial. If he's not then he won't. Its as simple as that I'm afraid.

Twiglet
02-08-2014, 08:48 PM
I brought this up on the PM board a couple of weeks ago (missed this thread). Someone said it's normally fans that really get involved with organising this.
I really think he deserves it. It'll be his 10th season playing for us this year and he's never hidden.

I would be up for helping in organise things for it (assuming he'd be happy for it to happen), if there was someone who has experience in something like this would take the lead.
I don't mind getting in touch with Leann to get the ball rolling and see if there's anything in the pipeline or what feelings are about this.

FranckSuzy
02-08-2014, 08:51 PM
So, who contacted Hibs and suggested Ian Murray's testimonial then? :wink: I would sincerely hope that Hibs would already have made plans for this occasion :aok:

down-the-slope
02-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Silver has a point, WE know hibs are a community club etc etc etc but surely fans shouldn't have to contact the club to ask if someone is due a testimonial game ...if a player has been a loyal servant then its the clubs responsibility to honour the players loyalty ..the fans will, Im sure turn up to whatever game the Hibernian board lay on ....
Yup but if management / staff read .net they would see a huge number of the 'WE' giving Lewis pelters week in week out and might conclude the 'WE' would not be supportive of such a move........

Twiglet
02-08-2014, 08:57 PM
So, who contacted Hibs and suggested Ian Murray's testimonial then? :wink: I would sincerely hope that Hibs would already have made plans for this occasion :aok:

I seem to remember BigMo on here being really involved in it. Don't know who made the first move though.

silverhibee
02-08-2014, 10:04 PM

if some of the 'WE' are offering to get involved and make this happen email Leeann an make a case....she will listen based on argument / passion / commitment to follow though :aok:

Rather than me take her time up with a email hopefully she will see this thread when she is browsing .net and look in to it, surely it is down to the folk running the club to know these things, they really shouldn't need reminding from the fans that a player is in his tenth season at the club and due a testimonial. :aok:

CB_NO3
03-08-2014, 12:41 AM
It has to be a decent game though. Maybe Stubbs can pull a few strings and combine it with a friendly against the toffees. Would see a good crowd at ER.

WestCoastHibby
03-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Yup, he's just an honest guy who has plied his trade for a few years for one club. Lucky old him for having a secure job for that period of time.
Wish I could have had such good fortune.
Testimonial my arse as Jim Royle might remark....

s.a.m
03-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Yup, he's just an honest guy who has plied his trade for a few years for one club. Lucky old him for having a secure job for that period of time.

Given the number of staff we have hired and emptied during his time at Hibs, I'm not sure it could be described as a secure job. :dunno:

bigwheel
03-08-2014, 08:12 AM

He had to win a new contract every 2-3 years - we always moan about no loyalty in football and then people say no to a testimonial for someone who had stayed for
Over 10 years ....he should definitely get one, and I would make an effort to make sure I'm there

Russ
03-08-2014, 10:02 AM
I didn't agree with Ian Murrays testimonial and did not support it. Lewis Stevenson on the other hand deserves one and I will support it. If you don't agree then don't support it. Simples

Sums up my feelings as well. :wink:

MichelleHibs
03-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I attended Steven Anderson's testimonial today at mcdiarmid. Was poorly attended IMO and the inside word was they chose hearts as opposition as they'd bring a good travelling support!! Attendance was 2100 with 700 h****s fans in attendance. Yes it was sandwiched between 2 European games and yes saints don't have the biggest support in the world but I just think it was a poor turnout for a loyal servant of the club.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 06:30 PM
I attended Steven Anderson's testimonial today at mcdiarmid. Was poorly attended IMO and the inside word was they chose hearts as opposition as they'd bring a good travelling support!! Attendance was 2100 with 700 h****s fans in attendance. Yes it was sandwiched between 2 European games and yes saints don't have the biggest support in the world but I just think it was a poor turnout for a loyal servant of the club.

Brutal.

Wee Lewy will get 8K onwards for his testimonial :agree:

Teams like St.johnstone and St.mirren make me sick with there pishy wee crowds but yet punch above their weight season upon season

Phil MaGlass
03-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Everything thats wrong at hibs at this moment in time can be seen by the so called fans that have been posting on this thread. "Wish i could have such good fortune"..mibbe youre not worth such good fortune..LS is worth it.not a shirker or hider.has bust his ass in indifferent teams over the years. Taken some amount of crap over the years by so called hibs fans and still managed to stay consistent, give his all and stick with us. The way some so xalled fans have consistently stuck the knife in him is f.n staggering, fans ma erse. f.n oxygen thieves. Hibs fans? Yir havin a laugh...

Twiglet
03-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Leann emailed.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Everything thats wrong at hibs at this moment in time can be seen by the so called fans that have been posting on this thread. "Wish i could have such good fortune"..mibbe youre not worth such good fortune..LS is worth it.not a shirker or hider.has bust his ass in indifferent teams over the years. Taken some amount of crap over the years by so called hibs fans and still managed to stay consistent, give his all and stick with us. The way some so xalled fans have consistently stuck the knife in him is f.n staggering, fans ma erse. f.n oxygen thieves. Hibs fans? Yir havin a laugh...

Spot on.

cmcd
03-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Spot on.
Every club has a player whom the `FANS` dont rate but this player is rated by his fellow pros They know better than us his value to the team Lewis is that man at Easter Rd Looking at all the posts on this thread a good percentage would support a testimonial for him and in my opinion rightly so

Onceinawhile
03-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Brutal.

Teams like St.johnstone and St.mirren make me sick with there pishy wee crowds but yet punch above their weight season upon season

No he wouldn't. 5k at most. People just don't care that much about testimonial games.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Every club has a player whom the `FANS` dont rate but this player is rated by his fellow pros They know better than us his value to the team Lewis is that man at Easter Rd Looking at all the posts on this thread a good percentage would support a testimonial for him and in my opinion rightly so

LS is rated by me bigtime.

I couldn't think of a more deserving and worthier player who merits a testimonial than Stevenson..He has seen of every manager and in the bargain earned a new contract in what seems under every manager has valued him!.

A wee lad with the heart of a lion that holds 'Hibernian' close to his heart. Whats wrong with that eh?

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 07:47 PM
No he wouldn't. 5k at most. People just don't care that much about testimonial games.

:aok:

judas
03-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Brutal.

I'll wager we don't get 6k.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 07:57 PM
I'll wager we don't get 6k.

Ill wager i dont want a wager?

bingo70
03-08-2014, 08:09 PM
No footballer deserves a testimonial, they earn a terrific salary and they're still young men that are more than capable of getting a real job when they stop playing football.

Of he does get one every penny of profit should go to charity

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Leann emailed.

What did she say?

Twiglet
03-08-2014, 08:29 PM
What did she say?

Only emailed her an hour ago. Will let yous know when she comes back to me.

Brightside
03-08-2014, 08:33 PM
No footballer deserves a testimonial, they earn a terrific salary and they're still young men that are more than capable of getting a real job when they stop playing football.

Of he does get one every penny of profit should go to charity

He doesn't get a terrific salary - not even close.

bingo70
03-08-2014, 08:45 PM
He doesn't get a terrific salary - not even close.

Compared to most people in their 20s with no qualifications?

He'll earn a lot more than a lot of people that'd be getting asked to.supplement his salary in order to allow him to retire in his mid 30s, a full 30 years younger than I'm likely to.

He won't be far off £50k p/year, probably a lot more than that when you include bonuses. He doesn't need a testimonial.

To have one and give the funds to charity is the right thing to do.

DTS
03-08-2014, 09:17 PM
I fully support a testimonial for Lewis and have been talking about it with friends as I thought this was his tenth season but he made his debut in September 2005(according to wiki) so would that not mean next season would be ten years?

Twiglet
03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
I fully support a testimonial for Lewis and have been talking about it with friends as I thought this was his tenth season but he made his debut in September 2005(according to wiki) so would that not mean next season would be ten years?

This is the 10th season playing in the first team, next year would be 10 calendar years.

DTS
03-08-2014, 09:22 PM
This is the 10th season playing in the first team, next year would be 10 calendar years.

So he first joined the first team in 04/05? But didn't play until 05/06

Twiglet
03-08-2014, 09:26 PM
So he first joined the first team in 04/05? But didn't play until 05/06

This is season 10 for him -05/06 (debut Sept 2005), 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15

Ten years would be next year 2005-2015.

Think he signed for Hibs a year or 2 earlier in the youth squad.

DTS
03-08-2014, 09:31 PM
This is season 10 for him -05/06 (debut Sept 2005), 06/07, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15

Ten years would be next year 2005-2015.

Think he signed for Hibs a year or 2 earlier in the youth squad.

Well that's good enough for me I want him to get the testimonial he deserves as he has been a very good servant to the club, although I can perhaps see his still young age being a stumbling block as he personally may not feel at 26 he wants a testimonial usually kept for older players and he might want to wait a few more years and see where he stands

Jonnyboy
03-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Lewis made his first team debut in a pre season tour of Ireland, against Cork City. He was 17, came on as a sub and hadn't even featured in a reserve game before.

Edit: 2005/2006 season

Twiglet
03-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Lewis made his first team debut in a pre season tour of Ireland, against Cork City. He was 17, came on as a sub and hadn't even featured in a reserve game before.

:thumbsup:Thanks Jonny.

bingo70
03-08-2014, 09:51 PM

Think that was malkowskis trial game as well was it not?

KWJ
03-08-2014, 10:03 PM
IIRC his first competitive game would have been against Ulrik Laursen's OB Odense in the inter-toto at Easter Road.

Shrekko
03-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Compared to most people in their 20s with no qualifications?

He'll earn a lot more than a lot of people that'd be getting asked to.supplement his salary in order to allow him to retire in his mid 30s, a full 30 years younger than I'm likely to.

He won't be far off £50k p/year, probably a lot more than that when you include bonuses. He doesn't need a testimonial.

To have one and give the funds to charity is the right thing to do.

I doubt there's many folk on 50k a year who can retire in their 30's!

Even if Lewis is on that he'll need to find a new career in the next 8-10 years.

As for not having any qualifications, I'm told that Lewis was very intelligent at school, so I'm guessing he will have some.

lucky
03-08-2014, 10:14 PM
He's got to be on more than £50k a year. Doubt he'll have made enough to retire but I'm still not in favour of testimonials

Jonnyboy
03-08-2014, 10:36 PM

His debut bingo, as he'd actually signed ............... and the rest is history :greengrin

CB_NO3
04-08-2014, 01:48 AM
No. Simon Brown was in goals that game. Zibbi made his debut a few days later against St Pats and played a blinder 😃

lEXO
04-08-2014, 02:03 AM

I couldn't think of a more deserving and worthier player who merits a testimonial than Stevenson..He has seen of every manager and in the bargain earned a new contract in what seems under every manager has valued him!.

A wee lad with the heart of a lion that holds 'Hibernian' close to his heart. Whats wrong with that eh?

Nothing wrong with that. He is a great wee player...........

greenlex
04-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Spot on Andy. I will be there cheering the Wee man like a dafty. I wasn't at Ian Murrays as I didn't agree with it as his was broken service whilst he coined it in at Rangers and down south but there are few more deserving than Lewis. I will happily contribute to his retirement fund.

jdships
04-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Spot on Andy. I will be there cheering the Wee man like a dafty. I wasn't at Ian Murrays as I didn't agree with it as his was broken service whilst he coined it in at Rangers and down south but there are few more deserving than Lewis. I will happily contribute to his retirement fund.

That's exactly for me ! :agree:
Wouldn't get out of my chair for the likes of Murray who left and returned .
Have always bbe reluctant support " Testamonials" except for " part time" pro's earning a few quid but remaining with the same club for ten or more years
For any FT player , in modern times, to remain with a club for ten years is exceptional.
Have never heard a bad word about LS from people/players who know him well
:thumbsup:

Mathias Jack
04-08-2014, 01:56 PM

Agreed.... :agree:

Pretty Boy
04-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I'd happily attend a testimonial for Lewis.

I think a decent number of Hibs fans, probably a majority, appreciate LS and what he brings to the squad. The reaction to his goal (was it against Killie?) last season showed that. A very vocal few love to put the boot into the guy for reasons I don't really get.

TheFamous1875
04-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Who was the last player to play his whole career at Hibs? I can't think of anyone who deserves a testimonial more than Lewis Stevenson, top player who gives his all and contributes lots to every game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Speaking of Lewis... A mate of mine got "Lewis Stevenson 16" tattoo'd on his arse yesterday in Magaluf :faf:

Wilson
05-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Speaking of Lewis... A mate of mine got "Lewis Stevenson 16" tattoo'd on his arse yesterday in Magaluf :faf:

That is interesting. Lewis has half of the fans on his back...

Jonnyboy
05-08-2014, 10:16 PM
That is interesting. Lewis has half of the fans on his back...

:greengrin

RIP
05-08-2014, 11:37 PM

Hard to believe. Is that a sixteen incher tattoo or a celebration of Lewis' height?

SteveHFC
05-08-2014, 11:40 PM

:not worth

madabouthibs
06-08-2014, 12:15 AM
A great wee player, a good servant to Hibs and a really nice lad.
I'll be there, :-D

gloryglory1875
12-08-2014, 10:07 AM
I dont know if this has been discussed before but is Lewis Stevenson due a testimonial? I dont want this to be a Lewis bashing post but my personnal opinion is that he has been a great ambassader for the club on and off the pitch through his hard work, 100% effort, attitude, never seems to complain about what role he is expected to play and is a very good team player. I believe he has been a loyal servant to the club and players like this more than deserve their moment.

J-C
12-08-2014, 10:09 AM
I dont know if this has been discussed before but is Lewis Stevenson due a testimonial? I dont want this to be a Lewis bashing post but my personnal opinion is that he has been a great ambassader for the club on and off the pitch through his hard work, 100% effort, attitude, never seems to complain about what role he is expected to play and is a very good team player. I believe he has been a loyal servant to the club and players like this more than deserve their moment.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285734-Lewis-Stevenson-Testimonial-Next-Season&highlight=stevenson+testimonial

gloryglory1875
12-08-2014, 10:25 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285734-Lewis-Stevenson-Testimonial-Next-Season&highlight=stevenson+testimonial

Sorry didnt see this.

silverhibee
12-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Leann emailed.

Did you ever get a reply from Dempster.

Twiglet
12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Did you ever get a reply from Dempster.

Yeah she came back to me. Said it's up to the footballing dept and Lewis to decide if they want something. It's been passed to them. It may be brought up tomorrow night at the working together meeting by someone.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-08-2014, 03:37 PM
A great wee player, a good servant to Hibs and a really nice lad.
I'll be there, :-D

Would like to see him rewarded for his loyalty.

Russ
12-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah she came back to me. Said it's up to the footballing dept and Lewis to decide if they want something. It's been passed to them. It may be brought up tomorrow night at the working together meeting by someone.

Is there any way a poll can be added to this thread ? I'm sure it would be an overwhelming majority in favour of the wee man.

Stringer
12-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Would be a nice little earner for him.

Jim Herriot
12-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Absolutely in favour. But given his lack of links to any other club, who would be suitable opponents?

TheFamous1875
12-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Absolutely in favour. But given his lack of links to any other club, who would be suitable opponents?

Best connection to our club is Everton, or, similarly to Ian Murray we could get a Legends match? John Collins was very fond of Lewis during his time here, so I'm sure he would be a feature if he was in for Ian Murray's match. Possibly bring his former teammate Thierry Henry along?

bod
12-08-2014, 04:39 PM
next years last home pre season fixture against an ingerlish team that's touring Scotland.might get a crowd of 5000 - 6000

Mon Dieu4
12-08-2014, 05:28 PM

I know him too, can't believe he did that haha daft as a brush, his Mum is going nuts

Of course LS deserves it, 10 years in football with the same club is some achievement in today's game

SunshineOnLeith
12-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Best connection to our club is Everton, or, similarly to Ian Murray we could get a Legends match? John Collins was very fond of Lewis during his time here, so I'm sure he would be a feature if he was in for Ian Murray's match. Possibly bring his former teammate Thierry Henry along?

Don't really think we should be using Ian Murray's match as a template for anything....

Aberdeen got Villareal for Darren Mackie's testimonial, crowd of c.10,000. Something like that - a decent continental side - would be my shout.

hibsbollah
12-08-2014, 06:28 PM
I know him too, can't believe he did that haha daft as a brush, his Mum is going nuts

That is very very strange :hilarious

I wonder what the most obscure hibs tattoo is? Zarabi is God? Konte#18?

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2014, 07:08 PM
That is very very strange :hilarious

I wonder what the most obscure hibs tattoo is? Zarabi is God? Konte#18?

I got Brian Kerr tattoo'd on my arm but it seem's to have disappeared?

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2014, 07:11 PM

your arm has disappeared? so your a one-armed bandit :bandit:

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2014, 07:32 PM
your arm has disappeared? so your a one-armed bandit :bandit:

Thats not nice, i actually only have one arm, i lost it in a skiing accident.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2014, 07:34 PM

I got Kerr tattoed on my 'gentlemans region'.

That was useful for about 30 seconds on it's debut as well.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Thats not nice, i actually only have one arm, i lost it in a skiing accident.

were you piste at the time

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2014, 08:17 PM
were you piste at the time

:greengrin

Centre Hawf
12-08-2014, 09:06 PM
I would be quite fond of a legend's style match. Get a collection of players that Lewis has played with over the years and maybe those that have went onto a higher level can bring in a few decent names (like what Boco did bringing Viera and Pires)

Fletcher, Brown, Whittaker, Boozy, Murray, Sparky, Zemmama, Benji, Murphy (even if its for 20 minutes), Claros, Jones, Hogg. Just to name a few lads I'd love to watch in a Hibs jersey again.

The Hibee Harp
14-08-2014, 07:49 AM
I would be quite fond of a legend's style match. Get a collection of players that Lewis has played with over the years and maybe those that have went onto a higher level can bring in a few decent names (like what Boco did bringing Viera and Pires)

Fletcher, Brown, Whittaker, Boozy, Murray, Sparky, Zemmama, Benji, Murphy (even if its for 20 minutes), Claros, Jones, Hogg. Just to name a few lads I'd love to watch in a Hibs jersey again.

or Current Hibs side v Cup Winning Team of 2007?

EH54
14-08-2014, 07:54 AM

Now that would be my choice :thumbsup:

bigwheel
14-08-2014, 07:59 AM

These type of games, with made up teams , don't interest me to be honest ...my personal choice would be to bring a quality side here - maybe preseason against as top a side as we can get ..perhaps someone from abroad ...

However , whoever we play in Lewis's game , I'll make an effort to attend ...well deserved

R11Loaded
14-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Remember when he was given fans player of the season?

He was embarrassed by it, dunno if he would be the kinda lad who would want a testimonial

Scoobie
08-07-2016, 01:06 PM

He has now! :flag::thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
08-07-2016, 01:12 PM
What an absolute honour to even be considered for a share of Lewis' proceeds, given CRY are too. Total Hibs legend 💚⚽🏆

southsider
08-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Would be a nice little earner for him.
He is donating half of the proceeds from his dinner to charity plus KFK. Top Lad.