PDA

View Full Version : Should we target staying in the championship for 2 seasons?

SkintHibby
15-06-2014, 09:51 PM
I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

Thoughts?

Betty Boop
15-06-2014, 09:55 PM
No we should be aiming to win the league.

BoltonHibee
15-06-2014, 09:58 PM
It's not something that should be a target but we could be in the lower echelons for quite sometime.

Hibs7
15-06-2014, 09:59 PM
There is no way those 2 will be splashing the cash, a good hard working team with a decent striker and defence managed by someone who knows what they are doing will be well in the mix to win the championship .. No reason Hibs cannot be there.. !

Eyrie
15-06-2014, 10:02 PM
First thought? LTYF!

Second thought? No chance. I accept that Sevco Huns will spend their way to the automatic promotion place, but there is no reason why we should not target second in the league and even if we finish third then we should still be targeting promotion - it'll just take a couple of extra games.

3pm
15-06-2014, 10:06 PM
If Hibs are serious about restoring some pride, and credibility more importantly, they better be targeting promotion this season.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Why would a club deliberately aim to be in a lower league for longer than they have to be? :confused:

Genuinely one of the most bizarre things I've read on here and that's saying something!

HibbySpurs
15-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season.

These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion.

I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is the kind of thinking that has helped get us into this position in the first place. Talk about a lack of ambition..... No, we should be targeting winning the league and **** all else....

Baader
15-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Aim for the stars if you want to reach the sky. Aim for 3rd place and watch us struggle midtable.

We need to get out this league asap and must set winning it as our goal.

Michael
15-06-2014, 10:13 PM
At the moment I see no reason to believe that we'll be anything other than mid table or worse. We practically have no squad, no manager and no money. Whether they have it or not Rangers will spend ridiculous amounts and Hearts are ahead of us in terms of preparation. Then there's the teams like Falkirk that have a half decent, settled squad.

I think it will be 3 years at least before we're back up.

marinello59
15-06-2014, 10:15 PM

Thoughts?

**** that. We go for it.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2014, 10:17 PM

Thoughts?

A truly bizarre way of thinking, targeting the top six as being a success in the SPL was bad enough but to suggest Hibs should do anything but target promotion from the championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peevemor
15-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Hibs should and will be aiming to gain promotion at the first attempt, however I'd imagine that there will be a contingency budget wise for 2 seasons in the championship.

I really don't understand the talk of 3 seasons or more before we're promoted. We'll still be among the best supported clubs in Scotland and will have a corresponding player budget. Get the right manager in and it's onward and upward.

HibbySpurs
15-06-2014, 10:23 PM
In reality this thread is making me quite angry..... Can I respectfully suggest that the OP and anyone who agrees with the opening post **** off and support Livingston, Falkirk, Morton or some other ***** team like that? Total ****ing losers not worthy of occupying a seat at ER.

madabouthibs
15-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Thats been our problem for years, we're willing to accept that "we might not this" and "we might not that"......
Na, we need to start tinking more arrogantly, stop accepting mediocrity and start DEMANDING that our club does better.
We seem to go into derby matches hoping to win, whereas the Yams go in demanding it!
Lets get shot of this crappy defeatist attitude we've had for years and show some optimism for a change. :thumbsup:

HibbySpurs
15-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Thats been our problem for years, we're willing to accept that "we might not this" and "we might not that"......
Na, we need to start tinking more arrogantly, stop accepting mediocrity and start DEMANDING that our club does better.
We seem to go into derby matches hoping to win, whereas the Yams go in demanding it!
Lets get shot of this crappy defeatist attitude we've had for years and show some optimism for a change. :thumbsup:

:top marks:aok:

Albion Hibs
15-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Thoughts?

I dont think we should be targeting staying in the championship but we do need to face the reality that there is every chance that we will. I still believe we should be aiming to win the league however both rangers and hearts are off completing their team for next season and I have no idea what stage you would even say we are in. I have my own opinion as to who we should be getting in to give us the best chance of getting promoted, but that is only my view and very worryingly we only appear to be at the start of an interview process.

both ranger and to some extent hearts have made a statement of intent with their signings, and at the same time we are shedding staff / reducing the costs...this is all becoming a bit much for a Sunday night!!

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Absolutely crackers. It may not be achieved but I would be expecting that our ambition is to get out of the Championship as soon as possible rather than wait until the two cheating clubs are promoted.

offshorehibby
15-06-2014, 10:35 PM
I can't really belive what I read there. No Hibs shouldn't be targeting staying in a lowsr league we should be tagdting building a side capable of sticking it up thd huns and diet huns.

Wherd are hearts getting loads o dosh to spend, no where. The huns ard pish and sdrd well capable of beating them.

Up first time by winning league.

silverhibee
15-06-2014, 10:36 PM

Thoughts?

Can i get some of what you are smoking.

Promotion first time round is a must.

nribs
15-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Why should we be looking to consolidate we should be looking to win the league!

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Leanne Dempster has already publicly stated our aim is to win the league.

Lee Marvin
15-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Terrible post. Awful.

DC_Hibs
15-06-2014, 11:03 PM
At the moment.

You said it.

8 weeks before the league kicks off so impossible to say what chance we have.

Yes we need a manager and a lot of new players. .........

Waxy
15-06-2014, 11:07 PM
One of the worst posts i've ever read on here.

Speedway
15-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Up first time of asking - no excuses.

#FromTheCapital
15-06-2014, 11:13 PM
No let's aim for further relegation before consolidating. Hearts and rangers are just too strong and I feel that we need to back off before even attempting to get back in the spfl.

neil7908
16-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Strange and pretty suspicious post. With that reasoning you will literally never win anything. We NEED to be promoted next season or I fear for our future.

neil7908
16-06-2014, 12:09 AM
As other folk have pointed out where are hertz and the Rangers getting all this extra money from that you claim will allow them to out spend us? Both are finally having to see what living within your means is like. Neither have buckets of money to throw around. Rangers have only sold 17k season tickets for goodness sake!

Bronson
16-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Terrible post. Awful.

This, brutal thread.

steakbake
16-06-2014, 12:17 AM
I think it will be 3 years at least before we're back up.

I think if we have to wait that long, the club might go into administration.

Up this year at the first time of asking. The second chance would be having to do it through the play offs. Anything less is a failure.

GreenLake
16-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Target the Championship. Aim to win every game we play.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Nope. We should be aiming to bounce straight back up at the first time of asking. Although, I don't think we will get promoted this season.

Steve20
16-06-2014, 04:19 AM
You should always aim to win every game. I do, however, think we need to splash a fair bit of cash to actually get promoted, but that should be the aim.

Septimus
16-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Not only should we be targeting an immediate return to the top division but we should be looking to emulate East Fife and win the Scottish Cup while we are in the second tier. We have never thought either Rangers or Hearts are unbeatable while we were in the Premiership so why should we now?

I wish that I could see some positive thinking going on in the management of Hibs right now. We must be due a manager who actually knows what he/she is doing at sometime. A new appointment must be made NOW so that we can start rebuilding.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-06-2014, 04:35 AM
What part of leeann's statement about getting automatic promotion did you not get?

gorgie greens
16-06-2014, 06:20 AM
we need to get up first time,no ifs buts,we cant afford not to,many a big club that went down in Engerland look at Leeds,Forrest,Birmigham have went from bad to worse because they never got back up at first attempt,things cant be any more bleak than they are at Easter road,next to no players and half of the squad we have left are not wanted but will still be there once the season starts because if i was a manager they would be the last guys i would want at my club ,the academy is a joke,no goalkeepers on the books,prospects in the youth teams been told they are no longer wanted and to top it all we still have no manager in place ,and those well used words that we baited the yams with "tick tock" could not be more important.
at this rate we may not even stay in this division.
and we still have the biggest reason as to why we are in this mess and that is Petrie.

Aldo
16-06-2014, 06:40 AM
What a complete and utter crock of crap from the OP.

Aiming to win it plain and simple.

Would take promotion via the play off but I want us to get automatic promotion!!

LD has already said that's the aim.

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 06:52 AM
No

HFC 0-7
16-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Hibs should and will be aiming to gain promotion at the first attempt, however I'd imagine that there will be a contingency budget wise for 2 seasons in the championship.

I really don't understand the talk of 3 seasons or more before we're promoted. We'll still be among the best supported clubs in Scotland and will have a corresponding player budget. Get the right manager in and it's onward and upward.

The fact that we are in the championship proves that it doesn't work like that, how many times have we actually finished in a position that corresponds to our playing budget?

Peevemor
16-06-2014, 07:00 AM
The fact that we are in the championship proves that it doesn't work like that, how many times have we actually finished in a position that corresponds to our playing budget?

Last time we were in the second tier? :dunno:

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Does anybody else think the OP is a Troll?

:dunno:

Caversham Green
16-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Here's the only post in a thread started by the op a couple of weeks ago. Note the last sentence:

Last Sunday I attended my first Hibs game in an absolute age.

In my heart, and I speak as a non Edinburgh Hibee (and not a young man), I have never been away and walking into ER on Sunday it felt like that.

I had to attend the game, the future of the club I love was and is at stake. Anyway, I knew as many of us knew that a 2-0 first leg scoreline was fragile and Hibs have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

My point is this, even as a non regular attending Hibee, I have been banging on to fellow Hibs fans over the last 2 years on Hibs.net that a majority of players were not good enough and Rod Petrie MUST be removed from his position. All I have ever heard in reply is Petrie was the greatest thing since sliced bread and our best 11 from a bunch of idiots was yet to be found.

Collectively we accept second best and for all I love Hibs it will always irk with me that my fellow Hibees accept that.

At it? you decide.

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Here's the only post in a thread started by the op a couple of weeks ago. Note the last sentence:

At it? you decide.

I've already decided.

:jamboclow

MrRobot
16-06-2014, 07:23 AM
LD has already said aim is promotion and we should be going for nothing less.

Nando™
16-06-2014, 07:28 AM
What a ****ing ******* thread.

LancsHibs
16-06-2014, 07:33 AM
No, We are Hibs! It's a crime we are in the position we are and should not be accepted by anybody at the club or the support. Only thought should be to get us up to the top end of the prem asafp!!!

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Why would a club deliberately aim to be in a lower league for longer than they have to be? :confused:

Genuinely one of the most bizarre things I've read on here and that's saying something!

Well Hibs seem to have done just that, last season.:greengrin

emerald green
16-06-2014, 09:03 AM

Thoughts?

Says Who? There is nothing inevitable about these cheats getting promotion next season, and there are no guarantees in football. Don't be fooled by all their big talk and bluster, especially the Yaks. They cannot spend money they don't have, as in years gone bye, and they know it (at least the ones with half a brain cell).

They are both crap by the way, and it remains to be seen who our new manager is and the quality of player(s) he is able to bring in.

We should get right into them, and have nothing to fear, given we can bring in some good quality players.

Aldo
16-06-2014, 09:07 AM
I think Hibs should take stock of where they are and wait for the inevitable promotion of Rangers and Hearts next season. These two clubs are not scared of spending money which will guarantee their promotion. I would prefer if Hibs consolidate their place in the Championship, build up some money and go for it in 15/16 season. Thoughts?

Bye now!!!

DH1875
16-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Should we Donald duck. Target should be winning the dam thing. You don't half read some kite on here sometimes.

--------
16-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Thoughts?

There's no way we should "target" failure to win promotion first time around. The aim should be to win the division, with a play-off place second best, but aiming then to win the play-offs.

We've tolerated second-best too long now. It needs to be clear that whatever competition we're in, we're in it to go as far as we can go and perform as well as we possibly can perform. Anything less is ridiculous.

However, I DO think that if Hibs perform creditably and play well, and progress is made in restructuring the club, but we DON'T get promotion at the end of the season, it would be good if folks didn't immediately form up outside the West Stand with tar and feathers to ride manager, players, and CEO out of town on a rail.

Promotion back to the Premiership is essential, but if it's done over two years, fair enough.

But no way should we plan for failure this coming season. And I don't imagine for one moment that that's in LD's thoughts.

And there's nothing "inevitable" or "guaranteed" about either the Huns or the Gunts being promoted. The fact that you think there is makes me wonder exactly where you're coming from on this.

CraigHibee
16-06-2014, 11:19 AM
the only thing we should be targetting is promotion at the first oppurtunity

lord bunberry
16-06-2014, 11:25 AM
This is possibly the stupidest thread I've ever seen on here. To suggest the club tries to sell season tickets whilst openly planning on failure is preposterous.

Nutmegged
16-06-2014, 11:27 AM

Thoughts?

Totally understand what you're trying to say, maybe you've not explained your point of view well enough.

I think we need to have a realistic balance, we need to build a team capable of finishing in the top 4 and capable of competting with Team 11 from the Premiership on the off chance we make it to the Play-Off Final, however its a conundrum, if we throw to much money at it this year and dont go up do we then need to cut our cloth next Summer when the League hopefully wouldn't be as strong? We'd be looking at the scenario of strengthening in the wrong year and the weakening our side before what could be a year we would be favourites for the title.

I think we need a slow build, obviously hope to win the title but finishing 3rd at worst, if we have enough to get up then brilliant, if not we then sttengthen from the position we are in instead of having to cut our cloth after throwing money at a League we'll be 3rd favourites for at best.

Thecat23
16-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Thoughts?..... Piss take and you know it is. Start a thread then bolt out it.

HibbySpurs
16-06-2014, 11:45 AM

At it? you decide.

Yup, the OP is almost certainly a yam. Total cock with nowt better to do.....

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Admins, I was told previously that I should report someone I suspect is a Yam at the wind-up, instead of stating it on the post.

How do I go about that?

lord bunberry
16-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Admins, I was told previously that I should report someone I suspect is a Yam at the wind-up, instead of stating it on the post.

How do I go about that?
:slipper:

Franck Stanton
16-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion , however, in my opinion , this is exactly why we are in such a mess at this moment in time, is the o/p conceding that hearts are better than us? Really ? Even the rangers are not the force they once were in Scottish football , -- do we , as a Club and support, accept that we are not good enough to compete with them ? Crap, we need to install a sense of pride/passion/commitment into the players [and it would seem some of our supporters]. Hearts and The Rangers are just as bad as us or they wouldn't be playing in the same league, we should have ambition/belief that we are going to win the league. That should be our immediate goal, then take it up a level once promotion has been won and consolidate in top 4 at the very least. We have the opportunity to install a new manager/team and IF we get this right then we can and will win the league and get us back to where we should be within Scottish Football. GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
16-06-2014, 12:45 PM

Thoughts?

The fact that we've had an absolute nightmare of a season following on from six years of solid, mind-numbing decline, should not obscure the fact that we aren't playing La Liga with Barcelona and Real Madrid next season.

We are one of the better resourced teams in a really pish league, and we have somebody who appears to be running the show who appears to give a flying *uck about football. Those factors confer massive advantages on us.

My biggest disappoint is Rangers being League as they will outspend every other side as they need to be reunited with their beloved other half.

I think it would have been great for Edinburgh had Hibs and Hearts been able to resurrect by battling for the (lower division) flag.

Our future, like that of Hearts and Rangers is swathed in uncertainty. Nobody can say what will happen financially with Rangers, while Hibs and Hearts will both have new management teams and a lot of new players involved next season.

Our ambition should be flag and automatic promo.

frazeHFC
16-06-2014, 12:47 PM
If our aim for the season was not to be promoted there would be absolutely no point in fans going. We want to go out aiming for a win every time we step on the park, and for as high a placing as possible.

Caversham Green
16-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Thoughts?..... Piss take and you know it is. Start a thread then bolt out it.

:agree: This thread was started at 10.51, last activity by the op?

leggeto
16-06-2014, 01:04 PM

Thoughts?

**** no

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 01:19 PM
:jamboclow

:jamboid:

:taxi

ColintonHibs
16-06-2014, 01:22 PM
This thread is everything thats wrong at hibernian. Too many losers accepting mediocrity

jacomo
16-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Totally understand what you're trying to say, maybe you've not explained your point of view well enough.

I think we need to have a realistic balance, we need to build a team capable of finishing in the top 4 and capable of competting with Team 11 from the Premiership on the off chance we make it to the Play-Off Final, however its a conundrum, if we throw to much money at it this year and dont go up do we then need to cut our cloth next Summer when the League hopefully wouldn't be as strong? We'd be looking at the scenario of strengthening in the wrong year and the weakening our side before what could be a year we would be favourites for the title.

I think we need a slow build, obviously hope to win the title but finishing 3rd at worst, if we have enough to get up then brilliant, if not we then sttengthen from the position we are in instead of having to cut our cloth after throwing money at a League we'll be 3rd favourites for at best.

If we don't go up at the first attempt, it's likely that attendances will drop away and parachute money will definitely fall. In other words, we'll be cutting our cloth.

I'm afraid your theory is nonsense.

TRC
16-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Ltyf

Albanian Hibs
16-06-2014, 02:49 PM

Yes. LTYF.

cam2644
16-06-2014, 03:07 PM
You have to aim at winning. To accept defeat before the season has even started would be very negative. No other club in the Championship is going to cede promotion so why should we? Terrible thinking

Criswell
16-06-2014, 10:34 PM
This thread is everything thats wrong at hibernian. Too many losers accepting mediocrity

The biggest losers accepting mediocrity, unfortunately, have been the custodians of this club. Not a shred of ambition. We are in a place we deserve to be in.

Jones28
16-06-2014, 11:06 PM
No, no and no again. We MUST aim to win the league.

Nutmegged
16-06-2014, 11:45 PM
If we don't go up at the first attempt, it's likely that attendances will drop away and parachute money will definitely fall. In other words, we'll be cutting our cloth.

I'm afraid your theory is nonsense.

If you believe we should throw money at a 3 horse league in an all or nothing attempt then I'm afraid your theory is nonsense!

Jones28
16-06-2014, 11:49 PM
If you believe we should throw money at a 3 horse league in an all or nothing attempt then I'm afraid your theory is nonsense!

We can get promoted at the first time of asking.

theonlywayisup
17-06-2014, 07:06 AM

The stallion, the cart horse and the donkey!!!!

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 07:23 AM
A silly thread but I'll buy into it.

All teams in the Championship will start with a view of gaining promotion. Why should Hibs be any different. I can see RP/LD puting a budget together that has a contingency for not winning promotion at the first attempt but that should not be the remit given to the new manager.

Even with the 2 establishment clubs in the league, Hibs should be looking to achieve a play-off place as a minimum. Anything less is a failure.

Assuming the Huns top the league then a Hibs v Hearts play-off is not too far fetched. Imagine that.

KDY Hibs
17-06-2014, 07:28 AM

Thoughts?
Whilst we may well end up in Championship for the next couple of seasons, It should no way be our target, that would indicate avoiding relegation next season as our objective! Surely not!

ballengeich
17-06-2014, 08:38 AM
My answer to the OP is no.

We must not target staying in the championship for 2 seasons, but given there's a substantial chance that it'll happen, the board has to have plans in place to deal with all possibilities.

The_Todd
17-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Should we budget to ensure we have contingency funds to ensure we can survive being in the Championship for two seasons or more? Absolutley.

Should we aim to stay in this division for a moment longer than we absolutely need to? Not a hope in hell.

Onion
17-06-2014, 10:24 AM

Nope, it was a reasonable question which has been pounced upon. Some of the responses and personal comments are a disgrace, but show the heightened sensitivities among Hibs fans.

Hibs are in a terrible place at the moment and you can be certain that the Board will be looking at all strategies to get back into the Prem including a 2 season scenario - despite LDs statement of intent to get back in one go.

OP was a fair question which deserved a fair response.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Personally, I think Hibs should target a goalkeeper (or two).

Pray4Marc
17-06-2014, 10:28 AM

Thoughts?

Morally your right, living within our means. But where has that got us and the clubs who spend outwith are achieving things. If we didn't get up this season we may lose a few young players, like a Stanton for example. Realistically we should be looking to get into the play offs this season.

Turkish Green
17-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Hibs' rivals for promotion have stolen a lead. As usual, the huns are already spending outwith their means to win the league (Miller, McGregor and perhaps Boyd). Over at the PBS, after a year of abstinence, they are bringing in new players (6/7) according to Levein. These clubs are certainly more advanced in their planning.

Hibs wasted two weeks in sacking Butcher and by the time LD finds and appoints a new manager and then they start the process of finding/recruiting players the new season maybe upon us. I cannot see Hibs not finishing in a play-off place BUT promotion at the first attempt will be a big ask for whoever is appointed as manager.

Diclonius
17-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Yeah, let's wait patiently for Hearts and Rangers to get promoted before us. Let's just accept conceding to our rivals yet again like we always do.

Loser mentality.

Paloschi
17-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Aim for the sky you'll at least reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll hit the floor.

Bristolhibby
17-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Hibs' rivals for promotion have stolen a lead. As usual, the huns are already spending outwith their means to win the league (Miller, McGregor and perhaps Boyd). Over at the PBS, after a year of abstinence, they are bringing in new players (6/7) according to Levein. These clubs are certainly more advanced in their planning.

Hibs wasted two weeks in sacking Butcher and by the time LD finds and appoints a new manager and then they start the process of finding/recruiting players the new season maybe upon us. I cannot see Hibs not finishing in a play-off place BUT promotion at the first attempt will be a big ask for whoever is appointed as manager.

Promotion at the first time of asking is our goal. Nothing less.

One of the interview questions I'd expect, is who would you like to bring in, what contacts, etc.

That for me wouls tell alot about the footballing ambition of any new appiontment. They should all have homework for this interview (come with a list guys).

J

silverhibee
17-06-2014, 12:27 PM
What a ****ing ******* thread.

What a horrible f***ing word.

lord bunberry
18-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Nope, it was a reasonable question which has been pounced upon. Some of the responses and personal comments are a disgrace, but show the heightened sensitivities among Hibs fans.

Hibs are in a terrible place at the moment and you can be certain that the Board will be looking at all strategies to get back into the Prem including a 2 season scenario - despite LDs statement of intent to get back in one go.

OP was a fair question which deserved a fair response.
The op wasn't suggesting looking at all scenarios, he was suggesting we forget about getting promoted next season and make a bigger effort when rangers and hearts are out of the way. Of course the board will have to plan for us not being promoted but we shouldn't be aiming for that.

Nando™
18-06-2014, 06:41 AM
What a horrible f***ing word.

:aok:

SkintHibby
18-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Just read the replies.

Been saying for years Petrie must go and I'm a Jambo for saying we should settle for third?

Hold on, am I the enemy or is Petrie?

SouthamptonHibs
18-06-2014, 06:24 PM
No no no, if Hibs don't get promoted next season it will be a total failure. Hibs should spend every penny making sure it happens. One season out of SPL Is bad enough but 2 or more would be taking the biscuit.
Next season our average will drop to 8k with games v Alloa, Dumbarton likely to attract under 6k.
Next season is gonna be awful even if we are winning most games, the thought of two plus years down there........Ouch

eastterrace
18-06-2014, 06:28 PM
No no no, if Hibs don't get promoted next season it will be a total failure. Hibs should spend every penny making sure it happens. One season out of SPL Is bad enough but 2 or more would be taking the biscuit.
Next season our average will drop to 8k with games v Alloa, Dumbarton likely to attract under 6k.
Next season is gonna be awful even if we are winning most games, the thought of two plus years down there........Ouch

well you better get use to the thought cause i just cant see us coming straight back up , unless we spend big and that wont happen imo.

SouthamptonHibs
18-06-2014, 06:32 PM
well you better get use to the thought cause i just cant see us coming straight back up , unless we spend big and that wont happen imo.

Hibs need to get there finger out and sign us some quality next year. Last season was embarrassing for the fans they can't make things worse by not getting us promoted next season.

I seen the thread asking the question about two seasons. If the Hibs board get a sniff that a proportion of fans are willing to stay down there for more than one year you can be rest assured we will be down there for two years.

I don't trust the owner, board or remaining players at ER just now. Hopefully New manager in before Friday with a full squad signed by end of June (unlikely but that's what I'm hoping for)

CmoantheHibs
18-06-2014, 06:46 PM

If it was just down to spending then we wouldnt have gone down.I like to think we will spend as much as we can, within our budget, to get us back up but its no guarantee we will succeed.Lets hope we do.
Im not so sure next season will be awful either.On paper it looks like it will be very exciting and competitive league.