PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris - Raheem Sterling

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 12:19 AM
Dont shoot me down quite just yet:greengrin

For me he has got to look deeply into sterlings game. Sterling made a massive impact at liverpool when he first came through but then lost confidence and was out of the team for a while similar to alex but what he done is completely different. Raheem went away with a liverpool coach and watched games from the start compared to when he wasnt in form, he said without realising he had became hesitant and wasnt doing what got him in the first team in the first plays and made everyone go mad for him.

Alex has to asses his own game now to get him back to the player i know and think is quality when on form. They both have similar attributes as in speed, energy, dribbling and shooting. The main difference to me is you can see sterling battling away/wanting to win, he has a big heart and gets stuck in, hes a very tough laddie. He is also very strong which for me alex has to improve on.

If alex in pre season realises where he has went wrong, gets in the gym and spends time with the nutritionist and pt. Examines sterlings game and looks for the type of positions he takes up and how he drives at them, even if he doesnt beat them he 9/10 wins a corner or throw high up. i am confident we will have a very good winger playing for us

:flag:

truehibernian
15-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Different pressures - what Alex, Danny and Roos have to realise is they are nothing as yet in football - despite them thinking they are. It's all about attitude, workrate and what they want from the game. At present they are training and playing as if Hibs are their level - and they are all above that.

A coach has to reignite them, but same time, tell them that they have achieved zero........the hard work and lucrative deals are there.....but not with their current attitude :agree:

Double sessions as was advised by a top pro and coach I spoke with - the players I've mentioned have done zip to merit half days and first team 'preference' - get them in full time, 8-5. Simple as that :agree:

RIP Bestie
15-06-2014, 03:11 AM
Different pressures - what Alex, Danny and Roos have to realise is they are nothing as yet in football - despite them thinking they are. It's all about attitude, workrate and what they want from the game. At present they are training and playing as if Hibs are their level - and they are all above that.

A coach has to reignite them, but same time, tell them that they have achieved zero........the hard work and lucrative deals are there.....but not with their current attitude :agree:

Double sessions as was advised by a top pro and coach I spoke with - the players I've mentioned have done zip to merit half days and first team 'preference' - get them in full time, 8-5. Simple as that :agree:
This, plus Sterling was always miles in front of these boys in terms of ability and he had remarkable players playing alongside him that could help him through his dip in form. These boys would have been looking round that dressing room and, to be honest, would have struggled to have seen anyone who could inspire them

Cameron1875
15-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Butcher has killed the boy. Top, top player and could be one of the best in Scotland but that manager would slaughter anyones confidence.

Full pre-season and the lad will be flying :agree:

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 04:58 AM
Butcher has killed the boy. Top, top player and could be one of the best in Scotland but that manager would slaughter anyones confidence.

thats what im hoping for tbh! i think him, stanton cummings and forster are all good players but they all need to:

Get a swagger/confidence about themselves and their ability
Get in the gym (forster and cummings both do this regulary)

But to help this we need to get experienced players for them to learn off. A style of play that suits them i.e ball on the deck and pass it quickly as all are qucik sharp players who are good on the ball

I also rate handling, as he gets on the ball lifts his head and opens the play up. Although i think if he wants to make the number 10 position his he is going to have to start scoring more and setting up goals. He has it in his locker without a doubt as iv seen him play alot at different levels but to me he still see's himself as a youngster playing the odd game, he needs to believe he is in the team for a purpose and he is good enough to start. He needs a longer run in the team though and toward the end of the season i would of preffered him to harris as he will still try make things happen,

Deansy
15-06-2014, 05:23 AM
I dearly hope and pray that Alex Harris does get over this 'bad spell ' - have'nt been so excited by a Hibs-player like him in years !.

Crossgates Hibs
15-06-2014, 05:35 AM

This is why I would love to see TM back at Hibs because I do believe the young ones just need the right guidance and a style of play to believe in. I think the talent is there it just needs a good coach to bring it out and to make them believe in theirselves.

PeeJay
15-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Dont shoot me down quite just yet:greengrin

Sterling made a massive impact at liverpool when he first came through but then lost confidence and was out of the team for a while similar to alex

Sterling made an impact playing for Liverpool in the EPL at the top of the game, Harris had a decent game against Falkirk and since then we've had nothing from him ... there is nothing to compare between them, apart from maybe that they are young ...

#FromTheCapital
15-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Harris had a decent game against Falkirk and since then we've had nothing from him ...

That's simply not true. Harris had more than a decent game against Falkirk, he looked a great wee player in almost every game he featured in the season before last. It just so happened that he scored an important goal in the Falkirk game. Last season he got badly injured in the first game and since his return it's apparent that his confidence has been really low. He still has lots of potential.

whiskas
15-06-2014, 09:21 AM
thats what im hoping for tbh! i think him, stanton cummings and forster are all good players but they all need to:

Get a swagger/confidence about themselves and their ability
Get in the gym (forster and cummings both do this regulary)

But to help this we need to get experienced players for them to learn off. A style of play that suits them i.e ball on the deck and pass it quickly as all are qucik sharp players who are good on the ball

I also rate handling, as he gets on the ball lifts his head and opens the play up. Although i think if he wants to make the number 10 position his he is going to have to start scoring more and setting up goals. He has it in his locker without a doubt as iv seen him play alot at different levels but to me he still see's himself as a youngster playing the odd game, he needs to believe he is in the team for a purpose and he is good enough to start. He needs a longer run in the team though and toward the end of the season i would of preffered him to harris as he will still try make things happen,

Got to agree 100% here and I've been saying as much for weeks. He's got the natural ability but is maybe lacking confidence. What he needs is to add some tenacity as a player (hiw many times do you see his head go down and him give up when he loses the ball, rather than battling to retain it or get it back?) and for me his lack of upper body strength is apparent now he's playing in the first-team up against big physical defenders. I think the same applies to a lesser extent to Danny Handling too.

jacomo
15-06-2014, 09:32 AM

Do you mean Caldwell? Would you put him in the same bracket? Just don't see it at all.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Alex Harris is the type of player that we like to see in the team. Alex Harris was not Terry Butcher's type of player. Let's hope that the next Manager, likes the kind of player that the fans do.

PeeJay
15-06-2014, 11:42 AM
That's simply not true. Harris had more than a decent game against Falkirk, he looked a great wee player in almost every game he featured in the season before last. It just so happened that he scored an important goal in the Falkirk game. Last season he got badly injured in the first game and since his return it's apparent that his confidence has been really low. He still has lots of potential.

It was only Falkirk ... he hasn't performed anything outstanding against any top teams: I'm not so convinced about his potential anymore - hope he proves me wrong!

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2014, 12:08 PM
It was only Falkirk ... he hasn't performed anything outstanding against any top teams: I'm not so convinced about his potential anymore - hope he proves me wrong!

:agree: But new season fresh start for everyone, let's hope Harris can deliver.

weonlywon6-2
15-06-2014, 05:36 PM
:agree: But new season fresh start for everyone, let's hope Harris can deliver.

When we get the new manager in i hope that he will get the best out of the players ,even some of the older ones left might get a new lease of life

15-06-2014, 05:40 PM

Totally agree with your point about attitude. Particularly with Caldwell. After his goal at tynecastle he seemed to think he had made it and had a god given right to be in the starting 11. Instead of pushing on afetr that game and building on it he seemed to think that was it and he had made it.

15-06-2014, 05:44 PM
When Harris first broke into the team in the latter half of last season, he looked quick, sharp, tricky and not afraid to take defenders on. Since his injury though he just looked lightweight and timid and couldn't beat a man to save his life. I'm not sure whether he's low on confidence or what but he seemed a completely different player to what we saw before.

Hopefully he can get his head down in the summer, build up his fitness and get a few good pre-season games and come back fresh and ready to go. I think there is a player in their somewhere and if he can get back to his best he should do well for us in the championship next season i think.

Turkish Green
15-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Some young players need mollycoddling to get the best out of them. Butcher used a stick without the carrot. Harris lost all confidence. Maybe he will never regain it back in a green & white shirt.

Harris us a player that the new manager needs to look at. Harris was at one point Scotland's next big thing. But what was witnessed in the play-off was just a shell of his former self.

In previous times he'd be farmed out to the likes of East Fife, Raith, Cowdenbeath, etc. for a season to gain experience. Is that still done?

whiskas
15-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Some young players need mollycoddling to get the best out of them. Butcher used a stick without the carrot. Harris lost all confidence. Maybe he will never regain it back in a green & white shirt.

Harris us a player that the new manager needs to look at. Harris was at one point Scotland's next big thing. But what was witnessed in the play-off was just a shell of his former self.

In previous times he'd be farmed out to the likes of East Fife, Raith, Cowdenbeath, etc. for a season to gain experience. Is that still done?

Possibly if we were a premiership team but now were in the same division as those teams!