PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Hibeesmad
15-06-2014, 12:15 AM
On the shortlist apparently

http://ift.tt/TXaHEO

frazeHFC
15-06-2014, 12:16 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482439/Former-Chelsea-and-Leeds-striker-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-in-line-to-take-over-at-Hibs

Interesting one anyway. Wonder if he fancies a game up top. :hmmm:

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2014, 12:17 AM
This would be an exiting appointment IMO

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-06-2014, 12:20 AM

He's exiting already? He's hardly been in the door:greengrin

LancsHibs
15-06-2014, 12:21 AM
That's come from left field, might be better having no Hibs connection than going for the obvious candidates of Murray/Mowbray/Collins/Lennon

Northernhibee
15-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Very interesting. Would welcome him if appointed, but still would prefer Murray.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Can't see it happening IMO. Not enough experience.

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 12:24 AM
the best thing about him is he would have ALOT of contacts

Northernhibee
15-06-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm up for a young manager like IM or JFH - any experienced manager isn't likely to have the knowhow to get us winning IMO as they'd be higher up than the second tier of Scottish football.

Would love an exciting young manager to freshen us up.

Scottie
15-06-2014, 12:31 AM
This ones come out of left field but why not !

LancsHibs
15-06-2014, 12:37 AM
One negative is he would jump ship at 1st offer of a job in England

Forza Fred
15-06-2014, 12:38 AM
the best thing about him is he would have ALOT of contacts

But would the contacts he made at a high level be prepared to suffer the conditions of Scotland's second tier?

carnoustiehibee
15-06-2014, 12:47 AM
@sasaibrulj: Media in Bosnia say that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is interested in taking over BH Premier league club Sloboda Tuzla. Err...

Heisenberg
15-06-2014, 12:49 AM
I think it would end in disaster. He'd last 6 months.

LancsHibs
15-06-2014, 12:49 AM
First signing Nigel Hasselbaink:wink:

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 12:52 AM

exactly my thoughts too. but...alot of managers we will be looking at will all be young determined guys wanting to rise quickly. But yes to me he does also seem the type that would maybe get a bit fed up if things werent going his way/getting what he wanted and leave

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 12:53 AM
First signing Nigel Hasselbaink:wink:

Or Makalamby. :greengrin

LancsHibs
15-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Or Makalamby. :greengrin

Ha ha Yes he signed Yves for a Royal Antwerp, he obviously has an eye for a player:greengrin

TAHibby
15-06-2014, 01:33 AM
He would either fail spectacularly or win the Scottish cup and championship.

RIP Bestie
15-06-2014, 03:02 AM
Very interesting. Would welcome him if appointed, but still would prefer Murray.
Why?

RIP Bestie
15-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Why?

bingo70
15-06-2014, 06:09 AM
I wanted us to go for Johnny foreigner so can't complain if we go for this guy.

I think we'd just need to trust that dempster would ask the necessary questions as I'm sure she'd have the same reservations that have been raised in this thread

bingo70
15-06-2014, 06:44 AM
Probably worth noting that on top of his experience managing he's got coaching experience with youngsters at Chelsea and first team coaching experience with Woking and Nottingham forest.

I'd be excited by this appointment but I reckon it's probably his agent drumming up interest

Waxy
15-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Dont think he's for us. Too much hassle.

Tinribs
15-06-2014, 07:05 AM
I saw what you did there :)

spike220
15-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Probably worth noting that on top of his experience managing he's got coaching experience with youngsters at Chelsea and first team coaching experience with Woking and Nottingham forest.

I'd be excited by this appointment but I reckon it's probably his agent drumming up interest

Managers have agents!!

Ronniekirk
15-06-2014, 07:13 AM

And I certainly wouldn't bank on it being him

down-the-slope
15-06-2014, 07:20 AM

Entirely possible - would be interesting if he was given a map of Europe could he point to where said club plays?

steakbake
15-06-2014, 07:27 AM

Haha I admire your optimism that we'll finally get a manager who doesn't leave us through the trap door.

Besides, if any manager comes in and does a good enough job to be picked up by a bigger club in a bigger league, I'll be glad to take the compensation and I'd be pleased that he must have put something decent on the pitch to attract the attention of the bigger clubs.

bingo70
15-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Entirely possible - would be interesting if he was given a map of Europe could he point to where said club plays?

I'd imagine he'd know a bit about Scottish football because of his nephew.

Would it matter if he didn't know much about us? As long as he makes us better that's all that matters, I'm sure mourinho, van gaal, Diego Simeone and many others couldn't name the famous five or sing sunshine on leith but I bet they'd do a good job managing us

lucky
15-06-2014, 07:39 AM
The Express always seems to be in the know when it comes to Hibs. This could be an interesting appointment but he is clearly has a game plan plan, do well at Hibs and away within 2 years or sooner

bingo70
15-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Firstly, I'm not suggesting anybody is consciously being racist but I wonder if it's so unusual to see a black manager that the prospect of getting one seems something either completely unrealistic or something people just can't imagine.

If it was a white guy that's not got an unusual name but was an ex Holland international with coaching and managing experience I think there'd be almost universal excitement.

Now where's that can of worms smilie....

bingo70
15-06-2014, 07:42 AM
The Express always seems to be in the know when it comes to Hibs. This could be an interesting appointment but he is clearly has a game plan plan, do well at Hibs and away within 2 years or sooner

I don't see the problem with that, that means he'll be ambitious and determined to succeed.

Waxy
15-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Good post Bingo. When you put it like that perhaps we do unconsiously dismiss things (not people) that are not of the usual.

Golden Bear
15-06-2014, 07:48 AM

But presumably any potential job offers in England would be dependent on JFH proving he has what it takes to be a successful Manager with us.

That's about the best we can hope for right now.

3pm
15-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Firstly, I'm not suggesting anybody is consciously being racist but I wonder if it's so unusual to see a black manager that the prospect of getting one seems something either completely unrealistic or something people just can't imagine.

If it was a white guy that's not got an unusual name but was an ex Holland international with coaching and managing experience I think there'd be almost universal excitement.

Is it not because people think he's a bit of a dick?

bingo70
15-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Is it not because people think he's a bit of a dick?

Why would people think thay?

Genuine question btw

lucky
15-06-2014, 07:56 AM

His race does not come into it. But during his time in English football he had reputation for being a big time Charlie. Never came across well. Always seemed a bit ignorant. So it's for these reasons , I would imagine, that is putting people off

3pm
15-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Why would people think thay?

Genuine question btw

I can't speak for everyone else but my memory of him is that he was trouble. Left Leeds and AM for the cash.

My impression listening to him is he is quite arrogant.

down-the-slope
15-06-2014, 08:18 AM
I can't speak for everyone else but my memory of him is that he was trouble. Left Leeds and AM for the cash.

Unless coaching has mellowed him significantly - then that was always how he seemed to me. Given people were up in arms about the rumours of TB / MM being harsh in dealings with players I don't see how someone else who sees charm an non necessary would fare any different (unless we are going with kids who will accept however they are treated)

nribs
15-06-2014, 08:29 AM
My one and only concen with JFH is that we require almost a whole new first 11. I'm just wondering how much in touch he is with the Scottish/British game. I'm all for the odd Dutch or Belgian player but would that be the market he would be working in in the short term?

erin go bragh
15-06-2014, 08:31 AM
But would the contacts he made at a high level be prepared to suffer the conditions of Scotland's second tier?

Well it didn't put off Sauzee or Latapy . Id say with The Rangers and Hearts in the league it will make our new managers or DOF job easier to convince players to drop down a level . Thats where a good DOF like Mcleish with his brilliant contacts ( it was Mcleish that sold Hibs to Sauzee so to speak )
Would imo be the way to go
Ggtth

Crossgates Hibs
15-06-2014, 08:48 AM

Maybe but I want a manager who gets offered jobs as that will hopefully mean he has been a success. Prefer to have Mobray as he might stay if successfull seeing as it never really worked elsewhere for him.:flag:

marinello59
15-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Try singing "Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's green and white army." Too much of a mouthful for me so for that reason alone I am out .

banarc7062
15-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Can't see it happening IMO. Not enough experience.

Was Mowbray no in that position when he arrived?

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2014, 08:57 AM
If the manager we get is wanted by a bigger club in 2 years time, then we will have been promoted and doing well in the SPFL. :pray:

Its a fantasy thats any manager who does well for us will want to stay with us for ever.

We in my opinion can only ever look short term with a manager, but have a long term goal of playing good exciting football whoever is in charge of the team.

Gordy M
15-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Its an interesting one, i would really like us to go for a foreign/european coach, and someone who hasnt managed here before.....but now im thinking, thats a gamble and we need to try and win the league so lets go for someone who has been here and had success?? I really dont know now!!! :confused:

stokesmessiah
15-06-2014, 09:01 AM
No thanks. Not what we need right now, this would represent a gamble and we cannot afford that.

Northernhibee
15-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Why?

Well, partly because I think we have no other choice than to welcome whoever our new manager is but I want us to have a manager on the way up rather than stagnating, who brings fresh ideas to us and offers something new.

bingo70
15-06-2014, 09:38 AM
No thanks. Not what we need right now, this would represent a gamble and we cannot afford that.

Every appointment is a gamble, if you're looking for someone experienced chances are they've either been mediocre their whole career, not what we need now, or failed somewhere previously, therefore a gamble.

bingo70
15-06-2014, 09:40 AM

I always thought Diego Simeone was a complete horrible **** when he was a player but I see he's doing alright as a manager.

Whether the person is a nice guy shouldn't come into it.

pontius pilate
15-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Im of the feeling that we could do alot worse than going for JFH a young coach who could bring in fresh ideas and a new style to the way we have played recently. Could he bring in a load of players who are hard working and who have flair of course he could could he have the support of all the fans im not so sure could he operate on a budget yes would he jumpnat yhe next big gig in england yes but that would depend on him doing a good job for us. Roll the dice and take a chance

TowerHibs
15-06-2014, 09:44 AM

Every coach is a gamble. Tell us the one manager who is affordable that won't be a gamble. Nothing is guaranteed.strange post

davhibby
15-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Sounds like he did very well at Antwerp so why not? If people are saying no to JFH then I assume you'll all feel the same way about IM? Similar amount of experience as a manager, just JFH's was shorter but at a higher level

neil7908
15-06-2014, 10:04 AM
I honestly dont know. Whoever comes in will get my backing but I just dont know who would be the right fit for us at the moment. Its such as important appointment as if we get this wrong, we could end up languishing in this division for a few years and lose a huge chunk of our support.

I wanted Butcher in and thought he would get us pushing on, still a bit stung by how poor he was so I'm going to try and trust Leanne and whoever else on the board is making the call. I just hope they do realise how crucial this decision is.

neil7908
15-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Anyone know why he left his job in Belgium? Suggestions in the Express article were that he overachieved with a club that had one of the smallest budgets in the league so I'm curious as to why he is no longer with them...

Michael
15-06-2014, 10:09 AM
This appointment wouldn't fill me with confidence. But then again, I'm not the one interviewing him if he is in the frame for the job. I don't know much about him apart from the fact he used to score goals for Chelsea.

The Falcon
15-06-2014, 10:09 AM

That would be the same for anybody but they would have to be reasonably successful at Hibs first.

Same with players when die hard Hibs fans like Murray, Riordan and Thomson all left when it suited them to do so.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2014, 10:10 AM

That's ok though. Leann will put the compensation money back into the club, rather than having to dig deep later to pay him to go.

snooky
15-06-2014, 10:21 AM

You can bank on it :agree:

MyJo
15-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Shmoke and a pancake?

J-C
15-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Not loads of managerial experience but has his UEFA A and B licences, coached Chelsea U16's and was with O'Driscoll at Nottingham F, Royal Antwerp is a feeder club for Chelsea IIRC. TBH either him or Murray, both are young up and coming managers, just depends who you think may be best fit for Hibs, Murray would stay the distance if he was fairly successful, Haselbaink would be offski at 1st decent biggish club.

Bronson
15-06-2014, 11:17 AM
He was a cracking player, with a good hibs man as his no.2, someone like Latapy (I know he's at ICT), he could be a success.

That being said he could well be a disaster. I'd much rather we took a punt on him than someone like Kenny shiels or Danny Lennon though.

DC_Hibs
15-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Just off the phone to Jimmy and this is the first he's heard about it.
He hasn't applied but he's open to discussing it should this materialise.

Knows all about the club and area from when he studied at Leith Nautical College and still has friends in the area.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-06-2014, 11:47 AM
That's come from left field, might be better having no Hibs connection than going for the obvious candidates of Murray/Mowbray/Collins/LENNON

Neil Lennon would be interesting.....

Hibernia Na Eir
15-06-2014, 11:48 AM
He was a cracking player, with a good hibs man as his no.2, someone like Latapy (I know he's at ICT), he could be a success.

That being said he could well be a disaster. I'd much rather we took a punt on him than someone like Kenny shiels or Danny Lennon though.

Please tell me you swallowed drugs when you mentioned Kenny Shiels?!!!

Thecat23
15-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Shiels would be a shocker and Lennon isn't good enough either IMO.

matty_f
15-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Folks, apologies if your post has been deleted, the quoted post was removed and so I was just tidying up where it had been quoted.

emerald green
15-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Please no. Hibs must get this appointment right this time.

Bronson
15-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Please tell me you swallowed drugs when you mentioned Kenny Shiels?!!!

I'm saying I'd rather we took a punt on Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink than appointed Kenny Shiels, he'd be a disaster IMO.

justlikebrazil
15-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Maybe Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is the start of Roman Abramovich Hibs revolution :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
15-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Not for me. When he was playing JFH as I recall was the type of player who went into a sulk when things didn't go his way and seemed to lose interest when the going got tough.

Imagine if he had that attitude as Hibs manager?

PISTOL1875
15-06-2014, 04:36 PM
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/05/12/69-goal-ex-chelsea-striker-leaves-managerial-post/

Turkish Green
15-06-2014, 05:53 PM
That would indicate that he'd made a success at Hibs, wouldn't it?

Going back to Eddie Turnbull, what Hibs manager has not either jumped or been pushed? The best was Alex Miller. It's the nature of the job. JFH even for a season might be worth pursuing.

nribs
15-06-2014, 05:57 PM
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/05/12/69-goal-ex-chelsea-striker-leaves-managerial-post/

After reading this I can be quite confident he won't be the new Hibs manager.

The Falcon
15-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Why all the deletions? Cant even mind what I posted but pretty sure it wasn't that bad?

Speedway
15-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Ultimately I think that, any manager we appoint whether young and exciting or older and experienced is either going to do well for us or their time with us will be regarded by the majority of staunch followers of the club as not successful.

IanM
16-06-2014, 07:27 AM
http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=361216

LancsHibs
16-06-2014, 07:35 AM
http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=361216

Link not working for me,what's the jist?

IanM
16-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Link not working for me,what's the jist?

Useless iPhone!

His agent saying they'd happily listen if hibs wanted to talk. Steven mclaren also saying JFH we'd be getting a manager of real pedigree who'd demand respect in the dressing room

LancsHibs
16-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Useless iPhone!

His agent saying they'd happily listen if hibs wanted to talk. Steven mclaren also saying JFH we'd be getting a manager of real pedigree who'd demand respect in the dressing room

sbell1875
16-06-2014, 08:10 AM
The best example of an arrogant manager? Jose Mourinho.

If he is a quarter as good as him then we'd be doing very well.

There is nothing wrong with being arrogant providing you can back it up.

H13BYM
16-06-2014, 08:44 AM
If the manager we get is wanted by a bigger club in 2 years time, then we will have been promoted and doing well in the SPFL. :pray:

Its a fantasy thats any manager who does well for us will want to stay with us for ever.

We in my opinion can only ever look short term with a manager, but have a long term goal of playing good exciting football whoever is in charge of the team.

Any manager managing a team of our stature will always be offered the dangly carrot from elsewhere, so for me i agree with this.
The second anyone does a job at hibs, their stock goes up and they're wanted elswhere by bigger, richer clubs sad fact of the modern game that lesser team's managers will always get head hunted by the Big Boys. :rolleyes:

So if he is head hunted it will mean that he's done the business at ER.

Might be worth a go, however was a bit of a diva IIRC, but as mentioned earlier in this post he may have mellowed with age.

Not 100% sure tho.

southsider
16-06-2014, 09:52 AM
After reading LD's comments in SoS about guy desperate for the job, been a assistant manager for too long, knows the club etc i have came to the conclusion our new manager is.........Mark Venus. thoughts ? and what price is he ?

JustSimplyHibs
16-06-2014, 10:22 AM
After reading LD's comments in SoS about guy desperate for the job, been a assistant manager for too long, knows the club etc i have came to the conclusion our new manager is.........Mark Venus. thoughts ? and what price is he ?

lol my old yin said exactly the same thing... and after my Da had a pint with him in 2011, he could see how much Hibs meant to Venus - in love with the club and fans!!!, and this is years after he left...

IMO a very good appointment if it happens.

Turkish Green
16-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Doesn't Venus still have a house in Edinburgh?

Hew wouldn't be the worst appointment.

The_Horde
16-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Got a link?

H13BYM
16-06-2014, 10:33 AM
found it ......

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leeann-dempster-responsibile-for-recruiting-boss-1-3444534

The_Horde
16-06-2014, 10:47 AM
found it ......

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/leeann-dempster-responsibile-for-recruiting-boss-1-3444534

Malpas or Kenny Black. :greengrin