PDA

View Full Version : Getting fed up and Pi$$ed off

Hibs7
14-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Rumours about supposedly rated under 20 players being paid off, while the main culprits are still here namely McGivern and Nelson... If players are being paid off I would expect the club to put something on their website explaining why ... This not knowing what is going on is causing more unrest .. I appreciate finding a manager is a priority, but it doesn't take hours to put some notes on a web site.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 06:19 PM
I don't think the club have to come out and explain every decision they make individually, the strategy has already been explained to us.

iwasthere1972
14-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Rumours about supposedly rated under 20 players being paid off, while the main culprits are still here namely McGivern and Nelson... If players are being paid off I would expect the club to put something on their website explaining why ... This not knowing what is going on is causing more unrest .. I appreciate finding a manager is a priority, but it doesn't take hours to put some notes on a web site.

Calm down it's the weekend. As you say there are more important issues to deal with.

marinello59
14-06-2014, 06:27 PM

Surely the club has to be satisfied that the players themselves know their situation before posting something up on their website. It's a close season Saturday so I wouldn't realistically expect anything on the website until Monday.

Leith Green
14-06-2014, 06:32 PM
What amazes me is that ud have thought the new incoming manager would have an input on decisions such as these..

hibbymick
14-06-2014, 06:34 PM
I don't think the club have to come out and explain every decision they make individually, the strategy has already been explained to us.

I thought the strategy was youth youth youth, and what im hearing is were getting shot of a few who are apparently pretty decent players. Unless of course its a load of shi*e.

tamig
14-06-2014, 07:30 PM

OK. So we don't have a manager. Who can release an under contract player from his contract when we're managerless? You never know, the next manager may fancy Nelson and McGivern. And nobody's been paid off. That costs money. Only out of contract players have been released.

Carheenlea
14-06-2014, 08:23 PM
What amazes me is that ud have thought the new incoming manager would have an input on decisions such as these..

I suspect we already have a new manager, while this 40 odd applications stuff is being fed to us to have us believe the process of selecting a new manager is ongoing. Someone that Leean Dempster is close with perhaps.

There is something that just doesn`t stack up here with these player culls.

gorgie greens
15-06-2014, 06:30 AM
I suspect we already have a new manager, while this 40 odd applications stuff is being fed to us to have us believe the process of selecting a new manager is ongoing. Someone that Leean Dempster is close with perhaps.

There is something that just doesn`t stack up here with these player culls.

The longer it takes to get the new Manager in means the greater the chances of having Dumb n Dumber still on Hibs books and i cant see any clubs queing up to take that pairing from us,even having their wages halfed is still more than what they should be paid,Thought both McGivern and Neilson were one of the main reasons why we got relegated

Onceinawhile
15-06-2014, 07:05 AM
I don't think they were released from their contracts just that their contracts aren't getting renewed. Regardless it's a lot cheaper to do that with youth team players than first team players so don't see what the fuss is.

Tricla
15-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Pissed off and fed up?

lucky
15-06-2014, 07:35 AM
The young guys getting released must be George Craig's decision. Every year clubs let ladies go. LD has said we are going quality over quantity. Hibs had too manny players taking a wage

PeterboroHibee
15-06-2014, 07:37 AM

To me it seems theyve had a fairly scatter gun approach to the strategy so far. Sure LD discussed wanting to reduce the squad size, and I completely agree, but whos making these decisions? So far weve seen the majority of the squad released by a manager who then found himself sacked 2 weeks later. Now we are hearing that more players are being released without a manager at the club. What if he comes in and doesnt rate the majority of players who have been kept on? Surely it would have been better letting him assess all the players available, including the younger guys, before releasing them?

Forza Fred
15-06-2014, 07:42 AM
To me it seems theyve had a fairly scatter gun approach to the strategy so far. Sure LD discussed wanting to reduce the squad size, and I completely agree, but whos making these decisions? So far weve seen the majority of the squad released by a manager who then found himself sacked 2 weeks later. Now we are hearing that more players are being released without a manager at the club. What if he comes in and doesnt rate the majority of players who have been kept on? Surely it would have been better letting him assess all the players available, including the younger guys, before releasing them?

Relegation has it's consequences.

One of them is a smaller number of playing staff.

Unfortunately the preferred candidates may be locked in on contract, so the process is simple.....who CAN we offload.

Unfortunate, but we will have to get used to more unpopular decisions.

PeterboroHibee
15-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Relegation has it's consequences.

One of them is a smaller number of playing staff.

Unfortunately the preferred candidates may be locked in on contract, so the process is simple.....who CAN we offload.

Unfortunate, but we will have to get used to more unpopular decisions.

I understand and accept the financial implications of relegation, but Id still question some of the decisions being made.

Cuts are obviously being made on players who can be offloaded with greater ease, but what if the new manager comes in and doesnt rate half of the players that have been retained? Is it a case of he has to use them regardless (which would worry me), or are we going to release them? In which case would it not have been beneficial to the club to retain some of the younger players who have supposedly been released, at least until the manager has had a chance to assess them?

Forza Fred
15-06-2014, 08:36 AM
I understand and accept the financial implications of relegation, but Id still question some of the decisions being made.

Cuts are obviously being made on players who can be offloaded with greater ease, but what if the new manager comes in and doesnt rate half of the players that have been retained? Is it a case of he has to use them regardless (which would worry me), or are we going to release them? In which case would it not have been beneficial to the club to retain some of the younger players who have supposedly been released, at least until the manager has had a chance to assess them?

Your point is valid, but I think the overall strategy is to reduce numbers ASAP, as there will be incoming players.

No doubt we will be stuck with a couple of no hopers.

Not defending the decision by the way, just making the point that as a result of relegation there will be more unpopular decisions, which are seen as necessary by the club.

pontius pilate
15-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Im not so sure if we had stayed up these cuts still wouldn't have happened the way LD has
been speaking recently and the fact she has stated that its quality over quantity leads me to think that way relegation or not players would have been released imo

skipster7
15-06-2014, 10:18 AM
This is getting like the £150,000 for LG FACT. How many times must people ignore the fact that the released players were OUT OF CONTRACT therefore no longer Hibs players. Butcher never let them go he was just given the job of telling them.
We've been relegated and decided not to offer new deals to any of the players OOC. An easy option to cut costs considering who rank they were last season.

Devilstorment
15-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Its is a less expensive to release (or not renew) a youth contract than a first team contract. It will be a financial decision.

Also it is not uncommon for youth teams to be culled at the end of a season (successful or otherwise) maybe some of these players are just not up to task.

lord bunberry
15-06-2014, 10:36 AM
This is getting like the £150,000 for LG FACT. How many times must people ignore the fact that the released players were OUT OF CONTRACT therefore no longer Hibs players. Butcher never let them go he was just given the job of telling them.
We've been relegated and decided not to offer new deals to any of the players OOC. An easy option to cut costs considering who rank they were last season.

Was James Collins out of contract?

frazeHFC
15-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Was James Collins out of contract?

No, but he was pish and we got money for him.

Green Fish
15-06-2014, 10:38 AM
As per the article in the Sunday mail who will the out of contract players that are supposedly going to be reassessed? Bar a few they can go and let the hungry young lads show us what they can do. Give them a chance, am demented with this!

lord bunberry
15-06-2014, 12:14 PM

He was pish, but he was also under contact. Butcher must have made that call to let him go.

Diclonius
15-06-2014, 12:28 PM
The young guys getting released must be George Craig's decision. Every year clubs let ladies go. LD has said we are going quality over quantity. Hibs had too manny players taking a wage

I can think of two players in particular that still have a wage whilst youngsters are being released.

skipster7
15-06-2014, 04:33 PM
He was pish, but he was also under contact. Butcher must have made that call to let him go.

Doubt it tbh. A board decision to recoup some of their failed investment. Wouldn't be the first time a board has accepted a bid for a player who clearly was happy to go.

lord bunberry
15-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Doubt it tbh. A board decision to recoup some of their failed investment. Wouldn't be the first time a board has accepted a bid for a player who clearly was happy to go.

We're always being told that these decisions are made by the manager

hibbybrian
15-06-2014, 06:09 PM
OK. So we don't have a manager. Who can release an under contract player from his contract when we're managerless? You never know, the next manager may fancy Nelson and McGivern. And nobody's been paid off. That costs money. Only out of contract players have been released.

Then the game is already a bogie :greengrin

The longer it takes to get the new Manager in means the greater the chances of having Dumb n Dumber still on Hibs books and i cant see any clubs queing up to take that pairing from us,even having their wages halfed is still more than what they should be paid,Thought both McGivern and Neilson were one of the main reasons why we got relegated

Me too :aok: Whilst our major problem was scoring goals, the defence could have saved us from relegation by preventing stupid defensive mistakes on several occasions :agree:

Turkish Green
15-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Times are tough. I do not like what is happening but I can understand it.

LD has a plan for the future. A new dawn. Hibs have appointed a new head of operations. There was always going to be casualties when the club was relegated. We may not like it but we have no choice but to accept it as being in the best interest of the club.

LD needs to have the backing of all supporters of the club.

Albion Hibs
15-06-2014, 07:00 PM

Ageeed, we be struggling financially as a result of relegation, as a result costs will need to be cut all over the place. We were lucky in that someone actually wanted Collins, if they did not he would still be claiming a wage until his contract ran out, agreed it could be terminated or another club took him away. The problem is I struggle to believe anyone will want the likes of Nelson and mcgivern.

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 07:04 PM

How did we manage that?

Happy days.