PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray on Sportsound

TowerHibs
14-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Just a wee heads up, Ian Murray is on sportsound to discuss Hibs job.

After they discuss Barry ferguson going to Clyde of coure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Just a wee heads up, Ian Murray is on sportsound to discuss Hibs job.

After they discuss Barry ferguson going to Clyde of coure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland

Cheers for that. Just tuning in now!

--------
14-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Here we go ....

Petrie assuring us TB was the right man for the job .... :rolleyes:

TowerHibs
14-06-2014, 01:29 PM
should be surprised but cut off ian Murray talking about Hibs to go to Barry Ferguson on the phone.

Great player ferguson and under valued by a lot up here but manager of Clyde does not deserve cutting short discussions on what the whole show was planned around

--------
14-06-2014, 01:50 PM
should be surprised but cut off ian Murray talking about Hibs to go to Barry Ferguson on the phone.

Great player ferguson and under valued by a lot up here but manager of Clyde does not deserve cutting short discussions on what the whole show was planned around

OF bias, mate. Cannae give the punters the idea that Hibs are as important as a former Rangers captain.

Murray came over very impressively.

stantonhibby
14-06-2014, 01:56 PM
OF bias, mate. Cannae give the punters the idea that Hibs are as important as a former Rangers captain.

Murray came over very impressively.

What was his chat? Any clues?

lord bunberry
14-06-2014, 02:29 PM

Money's tight at the BBC and apparently Barry reversed the charges.

Green Cabbage 7
14-06-2014, 02:48 PM

No ordinary player who couldn't do it I n the EPL, it's easy to look good when decisions go your way(in Scotland), shown up against minnows in the International set up proves this, as the foreign refs never bothered about him, he was found out.

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2014, 03:10 PM
No ordinary player who couldn't do it I n the EPL, it's easy to look good when decisions go your way(in Scotland), shown up against minnows in the International set up proves this, as the foreign refs never bothered about him, he was found out.

Thats just wrong. He was a good solid player in the EPL with Blackburn.

KeithTheHibby
14-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know what Murray said or shall we carry on bitching about Barry ferguson??

Sergio sledge
14-06-2014, 03:14 PM

:agree: Ferguson was a very good player in his day. Maybe a bit of a twat but was a good player.

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-06-2014, 03:17 PM
So what did Ian say?

Kaiser1962
14-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know what Murray said or shall we carry on bitching about Barry ferguson??

Never heard the interview but little bit about it here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27849513?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

southsider
14-06-2014, 03:35 PM
A little about growing up a Hibs fan, playing for the club he supported. Hedged his bets on Hibs job, did not want to be disrespectfull to Dunbarton. If (and no foregone conclusion) he was offered the Hibs job it would not at this moment in time, be a given that he would take it. Nice lad and came across well.

Holmesdale Hibs
14-06-2014, 04:01 PM
:agree: Ferguson was a very good player in his day. Maybe a bit of a twat but was a good player.

He was alright and better than most on here gave him credit for. Reasons for this are fair enough though: 1) he was a Hun, 2) he wasn't as good as the weejie media used to think, 3) KT used to own him, 4) he's just one of those players it's difficult to like

Sounds like Murray said everything you'd expect him to, will have a listen later on.

theonlywayisup
14-06-2014, 06:55 PM
I think we need to be realistic.

NEXT SEASON, WE WILL NOT GET PROMOTED!

Apologies if that seems negative, given my user name!

So, I believe we should sign a manager who is young, tactically adept and believes in playing passing football.

That man is Ian Murray.

Jonnyboy
14-06-2014, 07:07 PM

Then why did Hibs fans, on the return of BF to Rangers, sing "Oh Barry, Barry, he went to Blackburn Rovers and he done **** all" :greengrin

TowerHibs
14-06-2014, 07:43 PM

I agree BH. He took a while to settle but was playing brilliant...sure at one point Arsenal were going to sign him. Then he broke his knee cap, and I would say took an easy way out and came back up the road.

Anyway, Murray was pretty diplomatic and said what he should say. Don't think he is expecting to get the job but also feels he can do it if asked.

Tricla
14-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Then why did Hibs fans, on the return of BF to Rangers, sing "Oh Barry, Barry, he went to Blackburn Rovers and he done **** all" :greengrin

We chose that over lauding an ex/current Hun?

Unseen work
14-06-2014, 09:22 PM
as much as we hate him ferguson was a very good player. especially down at birmingham and blackpool. I think he will become a good manager

Bronson
14-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Always thought Ferguson was overrated. Good player, but not the messiah the weege made him out to be.

I'd take Scott Brown over Ferguson every day of the week personally.

#FromTheCapital
14-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Always thought Ferguson was overrated. Good player, but not the messiah the weege made him out to be.

Agreed

--------
14-06-2014, 10:07 PM

He was sensible and diplomatic, didn't criticise anyone at ER, pointed out that much of the talk linking him with the Hibs job is disrespectful (his word) both to him personally and to Dumbarton FC. He made it clear that he's ambitious to make a good career for himself in football management, and while he wasn't putting himself forward for the job, seemed entirely confident that he has it in him to make a good fist of it if he ever gets the chance.

Came over very well - balanced, intelligent and mature.

Barry came on and came over the exact opposite.

Mr White
14-06-2014, 10:17 PM

"When I heard that Barry Ferguson had got in a fight with a celtic fan outside a chinese takeaway I thought to myself, that's not the action of a Glasgow Rangers player. That's the actions of a Glasgow rangers captain".

One of the few times I've laughed at an only an excuse sketch.

FranckSuzy
14-06-2014, 10:44 PM
"When I heard that Barry Ferguson had got in a fight with a celtic fan outside a chinese takeaway I thought to myself, that's not the action of a Glasgow Rangers player. That's the actions of a Glasgow rangers captain".

One of the few times I've laughed at an only an excuse sketch.

:agree: :tee hee:

.Sean.
15-06-2014, 12:30 PM
We chose that over lauding an ex/current Hun?
:yawn:

libernian
15-06-2014, 12:35 PM
I agree BH. He took a while to settle but was playing brilliant...sure at one point Arsenal were going to sign him. Then he broke his knee cap, and I would say took an easy way out and came back up the road.

Anyway, Murray was pretty diplomatic and said what he should say. Don't think he is expecting to get the job but also feels he can do it if asked.

i thought he was excellent, one of the best ive seen in the spl. was only when i sat in the FF that i noticed how much he could control the games.

think spurs were interested when he had gone to birmingham a few years ago. seen for blackpool last season, still nice touches but looks pretty slow.

im sure he probably regrets not going and playing in england more now. i think scott brown will also regret not playing in england if he doesnt go soon.

emerald green
15-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Barry Ferguson is/was a greetin faced, niggling, hugely over-rated wee Hun. Just my opinion though, FWIW.

Reaper
15-06-2014, 08:52 PM
i thought he was excellent, one of the best ive seen in the spl. was only when i sat in the FF that i noticed how much he could control the games.

think spurs were interested when he had gone to birmingham a few years ago. seen for blackpool last season, still nice touches but looks pretty slow.

im sure he probably regrets not going and playing in england more now. i think scott brown will also regret not playing in england if he doesnt go soon.

Sat in the FF mate when they beat us 2-1 on a Wednesday night. Bf ran the show. Best player on the park by a country mile. I actually liked him and have no gripes with him at all. Not the worst Hun by any stretch of the imagination.

Stonewall
15-06-2014, 09:17 PM

As a player yes, as a manager: who knows.

Actually I would have been happy to have both as players. Would have complimented each other I think.

MB62
16-06-2014, 08:52 AM
I think we need to be realistic.

NEXT SEASON, WE WILL NOT GET PROMOTED!

Apologies if that seems negative, given my user name!

So, I believe we should sign a manager who is young, tactically adept and believes in playing passing football.

That man is Ian Murray.

On what basis do you make that assertion?

We currently have no team manager and when one is appointed, he will be in the position to build a squad of his own doing.
Nobody knows who the manager is going to be and obviously nobody knows who he is going to sign.
We might romp the league next season, depending on who comes in, or we could be fighting against relegation again, NOBODY KNOWS!