PDA

View Full Version : All those questions

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Morning All,

Overload of questions and will try my best to answer them in time and you can see many of them on the OP alongside the positive, negative, personal attacking threads. There are also numerous PM's asking questions and its very difficult to keep track of them all.

I tried yesterday to bring some structure to my OP and asked for separate threads on the inter-relationship areas that spring off from the original post. Please re read it and help me to do this as that will help us all to be focussed on the questions being asked and allow us to get depth to each area instead of being deflected of course.

This post is to provide some answers to why i am here today.

Background to why i arrived at the point i did yesterday.

I was born and raised in Leith Walk, next to the old Victoria Rubber Mill where my father, and many other family members worked. For the younger members it was opposite Lorne Street.

Every one of my family were Hibs fans and they ingrained the Hibs on me. Was easy for them to do that as they had witnessed the football of the 40's and 50's 60's which are arguably the best decades of Hibs History. Some of the famous five even visited my parents flat in Leith Walk and as a wee boy that was amazing experience.

We produced world class players back then and i was fortunate to see many of them and in my opinion Turnbulls Tornados also had WC players and Pat Stanton was certainly one of those.

i attended Bonnington Road primary school and then Leith Academy secondary, which i left at 16. Through all these years, i would be at ER for every match standing in the right hand corner of East Stand near the old floodlights with my family, friends and friends of friends and attending as many away games as i could.

Hope that clears up why Hibs and bit about my background in my formative years.

I have been reading Hibs.net for many years, when traveling globally, as it was a way to keep in touch. My thanks to those on the match day threads by the way.

In 2012 after reading so much on here about the difference that James McP had made and the desire of the fans to see him signed up at Hibs after his loan. I reached out to RP and made an offer to pay JM salary and that was my first contact with Hibernian FC.

I hope you all note, this was driven by you the fans chatting on forums like this and wanting a player signed up.

That is very relevant to why I came on the forum out of the blue.

Hearts fan to their credit raised a large amount of money and i thought someone should take the lead with Hibs fans.

By the way, i have been overwhelmed by what i have seen so far. Monthly commitments ranging from £10.00 to £20000 per month. I mention my amount as i am a fan like you and i am prepared to back a vision and a business plan from any of the groups who are out there, which can show me that its a plan that will transform Hibs at all levels.

I asked the admins if they could set up some sort of measuring to collate the information. Perhaps we can go beyond the very admirable amount of money pledged and raised by Hearts fans. Be great to beat them for a change and give us some bragging rights in the city!!

There are a number of groups out who want to make a difference and i have had three of them reach out to me as a result of the posting. Thats another reason i came on the site,as it was the quickest way for me to let them know i am here and want to help make a difference in what ever way i can.

i hope that provides some background to why i posted.

Best,
Richard

marinello59
14-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Morning All,

Overload of questions and will try my best to answer them in time and you can see many of them on the OP alongside the positive, negative, personal attacking threads. There are also numerous PM's asking questions and its very difficult to keep track of them all.

I tried yesterday to bring some structure to my OP and asked for separate threads on the inter-relationship areas that spring off from the original post. Please re read it and help me to do this as that will help us all to be focussed on the questions being asked and allow us to get depth to each area instead of being deflected of course.

I was born and raised in Leith Walk, next to the old Victoria Rubber Mill where my father, and many other family members worked. For the younger members it was opposite Lorne Street.

Every one of my family were Hibs fans and they ingrained the Hibs on me. Was easy for them to do that as they had witnessed the football of the 40's and 50's 60's which are arguably the best decades of Hibs History. Some of the famous five even visited my parents flat in Leith Walk and as a wee boy that was amazing experience.

We produced world class players back then and i was fortunate to see many of them and in my opinion Turnbulls Tornados also had WC players and Pat Stanton was certainly one of those.

i attended Bonnington Road primary school and then Leith Academy secondary, which i left at 16. Through all these years, i would be at ER for every match standing in the right hand corner of East Stand near the old floodlights with my family, friends and friends of friends and attending as many away games as i could.

I have been reading Hibs.net for many years, when traveling globally, as it was a way to keep in touch. My thanks to those on the match day threads by the way.

In 2012 after reading so much on here about the difference that James McP had made and the desire of the fans to see him signed up at Hibs after his loan. I reached out to RP and made an offer to pay JM salary and that was my first contact with Hibernian FC.

I hope you all note, this was driven by you the fans chatting on forums like this and wanting a player signed up.

Hearts fan to their credit raised a large amount of money and i thought someone should take the lead with Hibs fans.

By the way, i have been overwhelmed by what i have seen so far. Monthly commitments ranging from £10.00 to £20000 per month. I mention my amount as i am a fan like you and i am prepared to back a vision and a business plan from any of the groups who are out there, which can show me that its a plan that will transform Hibs at all levels.

I asked the admins if they could set up some sort of measuring to collate the information. Perhaps we can go beyond the very admirable amount of money pledged and raised by Hearts fans. Be great to beat them for a change and give us some bragging rights in the city!!

There are a number of groups out who want to make a difference and i have had three of them reach out to me as a result of the posting. Thats another reason i came on the site,as it was the quickest way for me to let them know i am here and want to help make a difference in what ever way i can.

Best,
Richard

We merely provide the platform for Hibs fans to meet and discuss things and as you say it's an effective way of getting your message out. That keeps us busy enough on it's own.

bingo70
14-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Apologies if thus has been covered or this isn't the thread to ask the thread but was wondering why you've started to promote this idea on here using a username rather than your real name?

Why not launch the idea using a more traditional method or even the likes of twitter?

eggbamyasi
14-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Morning All,

Best,
Richard
I understand the need for privacy on your identity and everything your saying sounds intresting. but for me and I'm sure many others not knowing who you are makes it hard to think this is a real possibility . which if it was I'm sure you would get a massive response .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

JustSimplyHibs
14-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Morning All,

Best,
Richard

Can it be done again???? In the current climate of Scottish football, i think it can although, maybe not World Class but certainly aiming for and achieving domestic success it can be achieved... But we need players and need to develop players who are consistant and dont read into the medias thinking that the Old Firm are superior mentality!!!! And of course, get back to being a football club again.

Is your surname Branson by any chance?????

Turkish Green
14-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Can it be done again???? In the current climate of Scottish football, i think it can although, maybe not World Class but certainly aiming for and achieving domestic success it can be achieved... But we need players and need to develop players who are consistant and dont read into the medias thinking that the Old Firm are superior mentality!!!! And of course, get back to being a football club again.

I do not believe that we will see any world class players playing for ANY Scottish club ever again. There is just not the money in the game here to warrant it.

Cloth needs to be cut accordingly. Hibs used to be a club that developed talent. Under Petrie, while building great facilities at East Mains, the development of young players has been neglected. Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher all opted for the quick fix and brought in poor journeymen loan players. This myopia has brought Hibs to where it is now: a second tier club in a second rate competition.

Things need changing from the roots up. I do not know Richard from Adam but I will give him my backing as Hibs need a catalyst for change and what Kano is doing is just a start. The more the merrier.

PETRIE OOT

silverhibee
14-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Hi GH.

Have you floated this idea on any of the other Hibs forums by any chance bud, so you can gauge thoughts from others in the Hibs family about your plans for the club, as you will see on the other thread this has got the attention of the supporters and it seems plenty folk are willing to buy in to this and put money up but there needs to be a plan put in place for it to work, do you have any ideas on how we could go about things and getting the ball rolling.

Silver.

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Is this the appropriate thread to respond to my questions yesterday?

Keith_M
14-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Richard, I think you probably need to make clear(er) what you intend to do and how you intend to go about it. For instance, which of the following do you think would be the correct approach:

- Fully buy out Farmer/Petrie, then attempt to raise further funds to improve the playing side.

- Partially buy out Farmer/Petrie, giving fans a stake in the club, then attempt to raise further funds to improve the playing side.

- Request a new Share Issue whereby all money raised will be put towards the playing side. This will leave Farmer/Petrie in partial control of the club.

- Avoid a Buy Out and instead give money directly to the club and trust that it will be used correctly. This will leave Farmer/Petrie in partial control of the club.

- Other(?)

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 12:48 PM
W
Apologies if thus has been covered or this isn't the thread to ask the thread but was wondering why you've started to promote this idea on here using a username rather than your real name?

Why not launch the idea using a more traditional method or even the likes of twitter?

I wanted to connect with groups and individuals who i had no connectivity with to let them know that i am keen to help. What better place than a forum where Hibs fans chat. Thats been successful and i intend to come to Edinburgh next weekend to meet them.

SunshineOnLeith
14-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Buy one of his t-shirts and he might print the answers on the back for you :greengrin

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 01:21 PM
I understand the need for privacy on your identity and everything your saying sounds intresting. but for me and I'm sure many others not knowing who you are makes it hard to think this is a real possibility . which if it was I'm sure you would get a massive response .

At this stage i am making myself available to the current groups who want to see change. Many off them talk about funds needed to execute a change. I am a fan like you are and hence why i mentioned a contribution number. I am not on here to raise funding for a personal business plan which i have designed. I am here as a fan....offering my support.......and trying to gauge what other Hibs fan want to make a financial commitment to help drive a change that will improve our club immensely.

eggbamyasi
14-06-2014, 01:40 PM
:):):)
At this stage i am making myself available to the current groups who want to see change. Many off them talk about funds needed to execute a change. I am a fan like you are and hence why i mentioned a contribution number. I am not on here to raise funding for a personal business plan which i have designed. I am here as a fan....offering my support.......and trying to gauge what other Hibs fan want to make a financial commitment to help drive a change that will improve our club immensely.
okay understand . cheers .

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 01:49 PM

Is your surname Branson by any chance?????

Closest i get to Branson is flying in his planes way to much.

We agree that we should be able to develop high calibre players for the domestic leagues.

Talent is on the agenda at the boardroom of every global and national company. Hibs have exactly the same issue as everyone else out there.

A different recruitment and resourcing model is needed at Hibs alongside a training and development program that not only produces excellent football skills but the correct cultural values and behaviour.

Whats is different about recruiting and developing a football player compared to any other role? I don't see the difference in managing the talent that is recruited no matter what the role is.

We can learn new ways of doing things from outside of football and bring those into Hibs and that will help us produce World Class players in the future.

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi GH.

Have you floated this idea on any of the other Hibs forums by any chance bud, so you can gauge thoughts from others in the Hibs family about your plans for the club, as you will see on the other thread this has got the attention of the supporters and it seems plenty folk are willing to buy in to this and put money up but there needs to be a plan put in place for it to work, do you have any ideas on how we could go about things and getting the ball rolling.

Silver.

No .......but maybe we should and is that something you can do ?

Hibercelona
14-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Closest i get to Branson is flying in his planes way to much.

We agree that we should be able to develop high calibre players for the domestic leagues.

Talent is on the agenda at the boardroom of every global and national company. Hibs have exactly the same issue as everyone else out there.

A different recruitment and resourcing model is needed at Hibs alongside a training and development program that not only produces excellent football skills but the correct cultural values and behaviour.

Whats is different about recruiting and developing a football player compared to any other role? I don't see the difference in managing the talent that is recruited no matter what the role is.

We can learn new ways of doing things from outside of football and bring those into Hibs and that will help us produce World Class players in the future.

I agree. We need a revamp. Fresh new ideas and ways of doing things if we are to move forward.

However, we need somebody at the club who is prepared to listen to us and implement new ideas and ways of doing things.

marinello59
14-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I agree. We need a revamp. Fresh new ideas and ways of doing things if we are to move forward.

However, we need somebody at the club who is prepared to listen to us and implement new ideas and ways of doing things.

Somebody like Leeann Dempster maybe?

Hibercelona
14-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Somebody like Leeann Dempster maybe?

Perhaps. But only time will tell who is really calling the shots.

marinello59
14-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Perhaps. But only time will tell who is really calling the shots.

Unless you think LD is lying, she is.

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 02:12 PM

Yes it is and am sure you know that after our exchange yesterday.

Did you get more than one liner PM from me ? It says it was sent !! I am happy to answer all of your questions on here when you have the courtesy to respond to my mail.

i am told your an big influencer on here and i should not upset you.

However, the change we have to go through is cultural and I sincerely hope you will be part of that. I am answering lots of PM, as well as threads on here and speaking with people by phone. You comments about investment of your time were not well received by me particularly when i asked for help.

Want to put the communication problem behind us and start again?

just drop me a PM and then we can start conversing properly in the open on here !!

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Buy one of his t-shirts and he might print the answers on the back for you :greengrin

How much should we sell them for might be better than selling cupcakes :greengrin And if all the monies raised go into a change for Hibs fund :thumbsup:

Gerard
14-06-2014, 02:21 PM
I have read this thread and prima facia it is a very interesting one. I would like to know with the money that would be raised what would these people get in return. Would they be given shares in Hibs or is it a gift to Hibs to spend on spending on players?

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 02:23 PM
I didn't get any PM. That may be due to my own inadequacies though :-)

To be honest, I would rather have the dialogue on here. That way, others can make up their minds.

As for being a "big influence", I'm not even that in my own life :-)

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Unless you think LD is lying, she is.

LD will make a difference at Hibs in my opinion but time will tell.

LD will have to operate to a plan approved by shareholders and provided that plan is approved then it is under her direction as the CEO

Directors should direct
Managers should manage.
Controllers should control.

Lets hope LD can make that happen.

Directors should not be controllers and should use pull techniques instead of push to get things done.

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 02:32 PM
I didn't get any PM. That may be due to my own inadequacies though :-)

To be honest, I would rather have the dialogue on here. That way, others can make up their minds.

As for being a "big influence", I'm not even that in my own life :-)

Ha ha ha...I like to laugh at myself too....lets start again then.

Can you ask me one question at a time and i will do my best to respond.

cheers !!

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 02:40 PM
I have read this thread and prima facia it is a very interesting one. I would like to know with the money that would be raised what would these people get in return. Would they be given shares in Hibs or is it a gift to Hibs to spend on spending on players?

I would not give my money as a gift to Hibs but some might of course.

It could be all of the areas you mention....full ownership...part ownership......players, stadium....i see that decisions directly linked to the funds that can be raised.

i believe the fans should have shares and representation on the board of directors.

Gerard
14-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I would not give my money as a gift to Hibs but some might of course.

It could be all of the areas you mention....full ownership...part ownership......players, stadium....i see that decisions directly linked to the funds that can be raised.

i believe the fans should have shares and representation on the board of directors.

I think that if enough people are prepared to do any of the above mentioned options then make an approach to the 2 people who own Hibs and have a conversation with them

silverhibee
14-06-2014, 02:54 PM
No .......but maybe we should and is that something you can do ?

There is a thread on the Hibees bounce forum regards yourself posting what you have posted on here over the last few days, some good some not so good stuff, folk are obviously concerned that this is a big wind up from you, i could do as above but i would need a bit more clarity on the matter as folk would just ban me from forums thinking i was a yam on the wind up and it would come with a lot of abuse, got to look after my good name. :greengrin

Silver.

PS.

Apart from Hibs are you interested in any others sports.?

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 03:10 PM
I think that if enough people are prepared to do any of the above mentioned options then make an approach to the 2 people who own Hibs and have a conversation with them

Agree with that.

Keith_M
14-06-2014, 03:18 PM
There is a thread on the Hibees bounce forum regards yourself posting what you have posted on here over the last few days, some good some not so good stuff....

The Hibees Bounce is, ehm, how to put this without causing offence, 'Football Forums In The Raw'.

:greengrin

If they don't like someone/something they are very direct about it.

Hibercelona
14-06-2014, 03:19 PM
The Hibees Bounce is, ehm, how to put this without causing offence, 'Football Forums In The Raw'.

Not like here at all. :faf:

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks and i was told my post on here has been copied and pasted on to hearts forum. Not looked at it yet as been tad busy. The main objective has been achieved for me which was to quickly get to the various groups and have a direct conversation with as many fans on here as possible.

Very little abuse on here which is great and thanks for your help in regard to that.

Dont get much time for sports these days but in my younger days played a lot of snooker in Edinburgh and Fife mainly. Have been a practise partner for quite a few world champions when they were touring around Scotland.

Will,be interesting to see if a certain ex world champion snooker player with a hearts connection will recall me.

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Not like here at all. :faf:

LMAO and that was funny !!

Chuck Rhoades
14-06-2014, 04:09 PM

Like here then?

marinello59
14-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Like here then?

Agreed. There's not much difference really.

Keith_M
14-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Like here then?

No, it's like here with bells on.

Don't take it as a criticism, it's enjoyable when you get used to it :wink:

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Ha ha ha...I like to laugh at myself too....lets start again then.

Can you ask me one question at a time and i will do my best to respond.

cheers !!

Definitely no PM.

Okay, this is my main question.

When I asked you yesterday what the "buy-out" was for, you said "This is a fund to buy our club."

2-3 hours later, you said "i dont want ant publicity and no intention of buying Hibs right now."

There is an apparent ambiguity in those statements.

Can you clarify that for us, please?

Dave-O
14-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Morning All,

Best,
Richard

Where's Lorne Street..............:greengrin

Bostonhibby
14-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks and i was told my post on here has been copied and pasted on to hearts forum. Not looked at it yet as been tad busy. The main objective has been achieved for me which was to quickly get to the various groups and have a direct conversation with as many fans on here as possible.

Very little abuse on here which is great and thanks for your help in regard to that.

Dont get much time for sports these days but in my younger days played a lot of snooker in Edinburgh and Fife mainly. Have been a practise partner for quite a few world champions when they were touring around Scotland.

Will,be interesting to see if a certain ex world champion snooker player with a hearts connection will recall me.

I'll have a wild guess, its Ronnie Corbett, heard Stephen Hendry used to use him as a footstool for all those longer reach shots.

Stax
14-06-2014, 07:34 PM

Wow, you sound pure Barry likes..

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Definitely no PM.

Okay, this is my main question.

When I asked you yesterday what the "buy-out" was for, you said "This is a fund to buy our club."

2-3 hours later, you said "i dont want ant publicity and no intention of buying Hibs right now."

There is an apparent ambiguity in those statements.

Can you clarify that for us, please?

I was trying to make it clear that I am not fund raising personally but wanting to support a joined up approach.

Hence spelling out no intention of buying Hibs personally right now, as i have other responsibilities that would,not allow me to be full time managing Hibs day to day.

As a result of the post, i am speaking with several parties who require funding to execute their plans.

gorgie greens
14-06-2014, 09:55 PM
I was trying to make it clear that I am not fund raising personally but wanting to support a joined up approach.

Hence spelling out no intention of buying Hibs personally right now, as i have other responsibilities that would,not allow me to be full time managing Hibs day to day.

As a result of the post, i am speaking with several parties who require funding to execute their plans.

So does that mean that there is a potential buyer (buyers)hopeing to purchase our club

Global Hibby
14-06-2014, 10:02 PM
So does that mean that there is a potential buyer (buyers)hopeing to purchase our club

I have been approached and have had a number of calls and aim to be in Edinburgh next weekend to find out more.

Dave-O
14-06-2014, 10:32 PM
I have been approached and have had a number of calls and aim to be in Edinburgh next weekend to find out more.

Good stuff Richard, keep us updated if you can mate, if you cant it's understandable. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 11:03 PM

My other question was:-

You said....."ask, Gary, Jamie, Rod or even STF. and they will confirm."

Ask them to confirm what?

RIP
14-06-2014, 11:28 PM
My other question was:-

You said....."ask, Gary, Jamie, Rod or even STF. and they will confirm."

Ask them to confirm what?

That he is who he says he is

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2014, 11:30 PM
That he is who he says he is

At that point, he hadn't said who he was.
And still hasn't.

SunshineOnLeith
14-06-2014, 11:32 PM
At that point, he hadn't said who he was.

Just ask STF, yeah?

calder45a
14-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Just ask STF, yeah?

I'll ask Sir Tom after mass the morn.
If he kens a guy called Richard.

calder45a
14-06-2014, 11:55 PM

Just got off the phone to STF.
Asked if he new a dick?
Then he just hung up.:confused:

Gerard
14-06-2014, 11:59 PM

He might say which one:greengrin
I think that this Richard has the right credentials after being advised of them:wink:

Libby Hibby
15-06-2014, 12:12 AM
I would love to believe Richard but if it sounds to good to be true, it often is...I'm not convinced about this thread

Forza Fred
15-06-2014, 02:07 AM
I would love to believe Richard but if it sounds to good to be true, it often is...I'm not convinced about this thread

Attention seeker, who has done very well so far

Personally I'm enjoying the thread though.:greengrin

TheSouthMoroccan
15-06-2014, 05:12 AM
Having read the original thread and now this one just wanted to say thanks GH for putting yourself out there and posting the original thread. I am sure you had already worked out that you were going to get a fair amount of abuse but you will no doubt be thick skinned and it looks like you have at least achieved your original objective. Don't give up as we now have a great opportunity to force through the changes needed. Relegation will hopefully prove to be the catalyst for something really positive.

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 10:09 AM

Libby Hibby,

I said in another thread we all have a choice.......for most adults in life the majority believe trust has to be earned.

Its interesting when you look at people who have made their dreams come true then the majority of those people believe trust can only be lost.

its a choice we have to make in terms of how we journey down our road of life.

Being brought up in Leith Walk when my mum had four jobs and my dad worked 70 hours a week was tough. My parents and family conditioned me to believe that trust can only be lost and your dreams will come true Richard if you can picture them.

Best,
Richard

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 10:12 AM
He might say which one:greengrin
I think that this Richard has the right credentials after being advised of them:wink:

Am sure he would ha ha and good one Gerard

Cheers mate !!

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Having read the original thread and now this one just wanted to say thanks GH for putting yourself out there and posting the original thread. I am sure you had already worked out that you were going to get a fair amount of abuse but you will no doubt be thick skinned and it looks like you have at least achieved your original objective. Don't give up as we now have a great opportunity to force through the changes needed. Relegation will hopefully prove to be the catalyst for something really positive.

Thank you SM and its comments like these that make up for the many other personal attacking comments.

Doubters like LH above are great by the way, as they want to be convinced but some of the others on here clearly do not.

cheers,
Richard

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Attention seeker, who has done very well so far

Personally I'm enjoying the thread though.:greengrin

Glad you are enjoying the thread FF.

question though.....what do you base the attention seeker sentence on ? Getting daily abuse is not the kind of things i seek in my life by the way

marinello59
15-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Thank you SM and its comments like these that make up for the many other personal attacking comments.

Doubters like LH above are great by the way, as they want to be convinced but some of the others on here clearly do not.

cheers,
Richard

Why don't you go public then? Your last comment is pretty unfair really.

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 10:47 AM

why does not everyone on .net go public ? You guys could make a policy decision to do that and then think of the benefits of what that would bring. If you did that i would go same ?

Is fair for people to know me about me but i know them ?

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 10:49 AM

What was unfair in my last comment ??

marinello59
15-06-2014, 10:55 AM
What was unfair in my last comment ??

You wrote, ''Doubters like LH above are great by the way, as they want to be convinced but some of the others on here clearly do not"

Maybe I just read it wrong but you appear to be saying that people are deliberately closing their minds to you. Just my opinion.

marinello59
15-06-2014, 10:59 AM
why does not everyone on .net go public ? You guys could make a policy decision to do that and then think of the benefits of what that would bring. If you did that i would go same ?

Merely an observation, why so defensive? I am simply suggesting that you could increase your credibility at a stroke by going public. That's entirely up to you of course.

The Falcon
15-06-2014, 11:12 AM

cheers,
Richard

They are great because a few of us, and other clubs fans, have placed trust in others who have promised great things then failed to deliver. You only need to look across the city for a recent example of egotism.

A lot of folk wont make a decision until they see that you can deliver what you say you can. Not being critical just stating facts as a lot of us bought into Duff and Gray and the yams welcomed Romanov with open arms.

Forza Fred
15-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Merely an observation, why so defensive? I am simply suggesting that you could increase your credibility at a stroke by going public. That's entirely up to you of course.

is playing with everybody.

If he was fair Dinkum he wouldn't be playing to the gallery on here

Absolutely no reason why he wouldn't name himself if he was genuine.

madsen5
15-06-2014, 12:51 PM
is playing with everybody.

If he was fair Dinkum he wouldn't be playing to the gallery on here

Absolutely no reason why he wouldn't name himself if he was genuine.
Is this the return of de santos ?

The Green Goblin
15-06-2014, 02:15 PM

cheers,
Richard

Not a good comment imho. Are people not worthy or allowed their own opinions if they don't blindly jump at the click of your fingers and all of your promises? When the future of the club they love is at stake, a certain degree of caution is wise, especially with someone who has promised to bring very large sums of money into play but who has not given any clear answer as to who they are.

I remain skeptical. That is not personal abuse or negativity. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it. I have found many of your posts and responses unconvincing and evasive and some of them filled with spelling/grammar mistakes seem inconsistent with somebody of your apparent level of success. Again, my opinion. Nothing personal. Finally, there's the way you have taken exception and gone a bit huffy with those who haven't blindly accepted what you (an anonymous poster) are saying at face value and who have asked you challenging but fair questions. It's a bit Craig Levein-esque. Even if you are genuine, if that's the way you do things, then I have doubts as to whether you are the kind of person I want owning the club I love and support. In my own opinion.

BVB Hibs
15-06-2014, 02:42 PM

Not everybody else on .net is suggesting they're going to invest money into "something" to do with changing the vision of Hibs. Not everybody on .net is asking others to also donate money into a cause looking to do "something" at Easter Road.

As it stands, until people here actually know who you are, you've got no credibility. I could come out and say I'm buying Hibs for 25 million, looking to inject 40 million into the playing side over the next 5 years, and I'm a successful businessman who loves Hibs so you better damn believe me. Anybody could come out with the claims you've made, and convince a few people that they're the real deal. At the moment you're asking people to believe you on the basis that your name is Richard and you own a few big companies. Own companies? Name them. Maybe then I'll believe you.

Perfectly fair that if you're asking people to back you, they should know who you are. There's 13 year olds out there that could post the exact same thing you have. Met Tom Farmer, going to invest 1 million. Aye right, I've the same plans. Add into that I've read all your posts and still have no idea what you actually want to do. Unless somebody knows who you are they'd be mental not to be sceptical at what you're saying. As a businessman would you not be worried if an unknown source started proposing a open ended, airy fairy, business proposition?

Turkish Green
15-06-2014, 02:56 PM

cheers,
Richard
As it stands you have as much credibility as my rich Nigerian great uncle who recently died in a plane crash and left me millions. As soon as I inherit the money I shall buy Hibs from STF. That is a promise.

You need either to go public or stop posting here until your proposal is lodged officially.

Libby Hibby
15-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Libby Hibby,

I said in another thread we all have a choice.......for most adults in life the majority believe trust has to be earned.

Its interesting when you look at people who have made their dreams come true then the majority of those people believe trust can only be lost.

its a choice we have to make in terms of how we journey down our road of life.

Being brought up in Leith Walk when my mum had four jobs and my dad worked 70 hours a week was tough. My parents and family conditioned me to believe that trust can only be lost and your dreams will come true Richard if you can picture them.

Best,
Richard

Thanks for the words of wisdom but I am just sceptical of your intentions.

I will fully, 100%, absolutely back you to the hilt if I knew what it is you are trying to do and I, in turn, believed in your vision for my club that I love.

All I see is you aimlessly replying to posts, with no real substance so what are we to believe? What have we to buy in to? Please tell me, I'm all ears.

Until you do, I will keep thinking this thread is a non story.

More than happy to be proved wrong.

Libby.

Beefster
15-06-2014, 04:20 PM
why does not everyone on .net go public ?

If I ever post on here asking for donations to buy the club, I'll definitely post my full name.

skipster7
15-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Until this boy goes public i cant help but think this boys ripping the pash. Some Saville sitting creaming himself imo

Hibbyradge
15-06-2014, 04:58 PM
What kind of Global Business allows its MD or CEO to spend hours posting enigmatic suggestions on a football forum used by fans he has never met?

What kind of a business man plans a multi million pound takeover without first establishing some credibility with his potential partners?

Turkish Green
15-06-2014, 05:20 PM
There have been posters on .net who have shown (especially when it came to the yams and Lithuania) that members can be gullible and believe what is written without any substantiation.

Maybe Richard is genuine, maybe he is a yam on the wind-up. Whatever, until I see this proposal validated in some other media I will treat it with caution.

i do hope that the sceptic in me is proved wrong.

Wilbur
15-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Ive read both threads start to finish. I Would love this all to be true, but just seems too secretive and far fetched for me.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Hi there everyone, my name is Gary. I dont have a global company or employ hundreds of people. I was born in Leith and also went to Bonnington Road school, then went to Trinity Academy.

My Dad was a postman, and my mother worked in the cadburys factory then in a box factory later on. We lived on Tennant street, then moved to a bigger house on Thorntree st when i was 7.

I dont have millions in the bank, but to be fair if i did i'd give it to Hibs. If i do come into millions, i'd want to own Hibs though.

I hope this is clear enough, my post is genuine and some big hitters on here will be able to vouch for my credentials. :wink:

And if anyone wants to know more about my background, give me a PM and i will reply as soon as i can.

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2014, 06:17 PM
It's the same attention seeking loser/losers behind 'Hibernian Retro', if anyone remembers them from around AGM time last year.

Bostonhibby
15-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi there everyone, my name is Gary. I dont have a global company or employ hundreds of people. I was born in Leith and also went to Bonnington Road school, then went to Trinity Academy.

My Dad was a postman, and my mother worked in the cadburys factory then in a box factory later on. We lived on Tennant street, then moved to a bigger house on Thorntree st when i was 7.

I dont have millions in the bank, but to be fair if i did i'd give it to Hibs. If i do come into millions, i'd want to own Hibs though.

I hope this is clear enough, my post is genuine and some big hitters on here will be able to vouch for my credentials. :wink:

And if anyone wants to know more about my background, give me a PM and i will reply as soon as i can.

Can you tell me where to send the money please.

PS, are you going to build us a megasuperhotelstadium? and when will you win us the champions league by? just wondering like, but you will get all my money anyway:wink:

Eyrie
15-06-2014, 06:37 PM
What kind of Global Business allows its MD or CEO to spend hours posting enigmatic suggestions on a football forum used by fans he has never met?

What kind of a business man plans a multi million pound takeover without first establishing some credibility with his potential partners?
You're assuming that there is a plan in place. From what I've read there isn't a coherent plan and all that Global Hibby is doing is "gauging interest" without telling us what we are meant to be interested in.

Pity, because it's clear from the responses that a proper proposal would have the support of the fans.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Can you tell me where to send the money please.

PS, are you going to build us a megasuperhotelstadium? and when will you win us the champions league by? just wondering like, but you will get all my money anyway:wink:

I think its only fair that i use some of the money you give me for a holiday, this project could take up a lot of my time, and i'd need to be fresh and on top of my game for this challenge.

Bostonhibby
15-06-2014, 06:46 PM
I think its only fair that i use some of the money you give me for a holiday, this project could take up a lot of my time, and i'd need to be fresh and on top of my game for this challenge.

good enough for me. I will empty the kids bank to pay for your holiday, and probably knock up a cake or two to welcome you back.

Before I send the cash, have you played snooker with anyone important?

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2014, 06:52 PM
good enough for me. I will empty the kids bank to pay for your holiday, and probably knock up a cake or two to welcome you back.

Before I send the cash, have you played snooker with anyone important?

Funny you should mention snooker and cakes, my mate knows a little tart from Blackpool that Stephen Hendry used to like. :wink:

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Funny you should mention snooker and cakes, my mate knows a little tart from Blackpool that Stephen Hendry used to like. :wink:

The only two tarts in Blackpool that I've heard you talk about are the ones you were engaged to. Candy Floss and Big Dipper. So which one was it?

Bostonhibby
15-06-2014, 06:58 PM
The only two tarts in Blackpool that I've heard you talk about are the ones you were engaged to. Candy Floss and Big Dipper. So which one was it?

:faf::faf:

I am definitely not signing up now.

The Falcon
15-06-2014, 07:23 PM

I'd also want everyone to know :greengrin

J-C
15-06-2014, 10:35 PM

Surely he could just as easily google a business man's name from some global empire, someone with very little background and say it's him, he would still be fooling us because he needs to go public via the media if he wants to be taken seriously.

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Not a good comment imho. Are people not worthy or allowed their own opinions if they don't blindly jump at the click of your fingers and all of your promises? When the future of the club they love is at stake, a certain degree of caution is wise, especially with someone who has promised to bring very large sums of money into play but who has not given any clear answer as to who they are.

I remain skeptical. That is not personal abuse or negativity. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it. I have found many of your posts and responses unconvincing and evasive and some of them filled with spelling/grammar mistakes seem inconsistent with somebody of your apparent level of success. Again, my opinion. Nothing personal. Finally, there's the way you have taken exception and gone a bit huffy with those who haven't blindly accepted what you (an anonymous poster) are saying at face value and who have asked you challenging but fair questions. It's a bit Craig Levein-esque. Even if you are genuine, if that's the way you do things, then I have doubts as to whether you are the kind of person I want owning the club I love and support. In my own opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and it saddens me to that you believe i think otherwise. I dont believe there is a right or wrong answer to something....its just a choice and who knows if its right or wrong.

Spelling and or grammar is difficult on a mobile device and i am a busy guy but wanted to try and reply to as many comments as possible including yours.

I hope you understand that and excuse my postings from my mobile device !

Sceptical is fine and i can live with that by the way !!

Is their any question you would like me to answer ?

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 11:18 PM
You're assuming that there is a plan in place. From what I've read there isn't a coherent plan and all that Global Hibby is doing is "gauging interest" without telling us what we are meant to be interested in.

Pity, because it's clear from the responses that a proper proposal would have the support of the fans.

Just to be clear...i am not proposing any plan to anyone on here or to any Hibs fan elsewhere.

thank you Eyrie for saying this !!

there are enough plans going around at the moment and we dont need another one from me to confuse matters even further.

if the plan is good....i will back it as per my original post.

i am promising nothing more than that to be clear !!

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 11:24 PM

I am prepared to put 1m plus 20k per month behind a plan that i believe in.

I have not presented any plan to anyone asking for money.

i am offering money not asking for it.

What are you prepared to do ??

Pedantic_Hibee
15-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Matthew? What did I do wrong?

Conrad Gray
16-06-2014, 02:13 AM
What kind of Global Business allows its MD or CEO to spend hours posting enigmatic suggestions on a football forum used by fans he has never met

One that is owned by the poster........

kaimendhibs
16-06-2014, 02:24 AM
I don't know if global hibby is genuine but I hope so and have a feeling he may be. Only on this site could you get a load of folk giving the guy abuse when there is a real possibity of a hibs fan investing in the club. I despair, I truly do
How many who were at last weeks rally are slagging him off??

Sent from my iphone

Beefster
16-06-2014, 05:45 AM
The OP seems to be ignoring the original thread so maybe I'll get a response in here...

Your questions and my opinion only and i am not leading any buy mandate at this stage. I am meeting with others who are and i dont know any of the plans in detail right now and if i did i would not have authority to answer anyway.

But my opinion is though.

1. Only if STF and RP, wish to sell completely could this be done.
2. Yes, in simple terms either through majority control or other methods at shareholder level to control without majority shareholding being held.
3. The Fund Managers appointed.
4. Dont understand the question ...sorry ??

Every organisation needs investment...there is keeping the show on the road.....thats pretty tough in Scottish Football as we all know. Finding funds to kick on and make massive gains is difficult when you have a break even model which is about the best that can be hoped for right now.

If we can continue with an investment fund,then we should for those who can afford it and are seeing the Return on Investment.

Given that you've very recently met with Farmer and Rodders, didn't you ask them if they wanted to sell?

If you're not planning to lead any 'buy mandate' at this stage, what was the following about in your OP?

I will not get into any other discussion on this thread about structure, people, who is on the board, business plan, conditions of funding etc. That can be done on other threads !

gorgie greens
16-06-2014, 06:30 AM

Hope guys lay off the abuse ,if there is anything in this we need to back him,i know there are a few doubters out there and once GH has met up with these potential investors he may feel in a better position to say more,he has already stated that when McPake came here ,he was the one bank rolling his wages so he obviously has a working relationship with Petrie so hopeully something can be done in some way as our club is dyeing the now

HibeesLA
16-06-2014, 06:34 AM

I must apologise in advance for obviously not being as successful in life an not having as much money. That comment comes across as very sad indeed. Can't say I'd be joining your party if that's the line.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2014, 06:40 AM

I'm doing jack sheite, but i'm willing to give my full name so folk can be sure if i'm telling the truth or not.

RIP
16-06-2014, 06:57 AM
There are effective ways of getting together with Hibs-minded businessmen to discuss ownership or investment.

Posting on an internet messageboard is not one that I would recommend

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2014, 06:58 AM
There are effective ways of getting together with Hibs-minded businessmen to discuss ownership or investment.

Posting on an internet messageboard is not one that I would recommend

Sheite, well thats me knackered then.:wink:

Hibbyradge
16-06-2014, 07:23 AM
One that is owned by the poster........

Very glib. Well done.

Starting a thread promising to fork out £1m and £20k pm is always going to get noticed and talked about, but it's a flight of fancy designed either to attract attention and boost the poster's ego, or simply to mock and taunt gullible Hibs fans.

Even if this was genuine and had legs, which I'm certain it hasn't, it amazes me that folk seem to be prepared to support someone who's name they don't even know, and who conducts his business in such an un-businesslike manner, because of their blind desperation to get rid of Petrie and STF.

http://pearlsofprofundity.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/out-of-the-frying-pan-1.jpg

Conrad Gray
16-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Very glib. Well done.

Starting a thread promising to fork out £1m and £20k pm is always going to get noticed and talked about, but it's a flight of fancy designed either to attract attention and boost the poster's ego, or simply to mock and taunt gullible Hibs fans.

Even if this was genuine and had legs, which I'm certain it hasn't, it amazes me that folk seem to be prepared to support someone who's name they don't even know, and who conducts his business in such an un-businesslike manner, because of their blind desperation to get rid of Petrie and STF.

http://pearlsofprofundity.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/out-of-the-frying-pan-1.jpg

As I have posted earlier, I do know the identity of Global Hibby and can verify that he is who he says he is.

Although I am not party to his plans, this is not an act of yamfuderry.

oldbutdim
16-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Who does he say he is?

I must have missed that bit.

marinello59
16-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Hope guys lay off the abuse ,if there is anything in this we need to back him,i know there are a few doubters out there and once GH has met up with these potential investors he may feel in a better position to say more,he has already stated that when McPake came here ,he was the one bank rolling his wages so he obviously has a working relationship with Petrie so hopeully something can be done in some way as our club is dyeing the now

Actually he said that he offered to bank roll his wages rather than paid them. It would be interesting to hear from Global how that offer was received.

Ronniekirk
16-06-2014, 07:40 AM
As I have posted earlier, I do know the identity of Global Hibby and can verify that he is who he says he is.

Although I am not party to his plans, this not an act of yamfuddrry.

Will keep an open mind but wont be posting again until there is more substantive evidence , our club is in a period of massive change and Transition and there is going to be lots of speculation on a range of issues from who will be next Manager ,who is being targeted for us to sign ,who are new sponsers ,who is being kept ,punted or having contract renegotiated So will wait to see firm proposals before joining in any speculation as at this stage that's all this is .

Caversham Green
16-06-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm late into this debate - the obsession with Rod Petrie was doing my head in so I took a few days out. I haven't read through both threads in full so apologies if I've missed something or gone off on the wrong track, but here are my thoughts for Global Hibby on the assumption that he is serious in his intentions:

It strikes me that the reason there's so much scepticism is that you haven't been clear about what you want. You're proposing to put more money than most of us can afford into a scheme so it's really for you to decide what the nature of that scheme is. Your original thread included the word 'buyout' in the title, but your subsequent comments suggest you're more interested in getting money into the club.

If it is a buyout you're interested in, there are other parties with the same idea and you should liaise with them about either part ownership or funding without ownership. If you're looking to initiate fan ownership along the FoH lines there's a long way to go, but since you're putting in the money it would have to be you that kick-starts it. As a start, if you don't want the publicity yourself you need to find someone to front it (preferably someone with a bit more charisma than Ian Murray MP - I've got an old sideboard that might do the trick.) Personally, I'm not in favour of fan ownership but if that's the way it was going I would donate a bit.

If you just want to get money into the club, speak to the current owners about a debenture of some sort for the initial £1m and some sort of sponsorship for the £20k per month - the latter could be tax-deductible if done the right way. If your offer is conditional on a change of ownership speak to the prospective buyers - your offer would help with their business plans and projections.

If you're looking to set up a fan donation scheme and this is a toe-in-the-water my comments in the second paragraph above apply but it's not going to happen overnight and we wouldn't get the same response as FoH because we don't have the same urgency as they had.

Whatever it is you want, you are paying all the money so it's your shout as to what will be done with it.

Jack
16-06-2014, 07:42 AM

Is this money you are prepared to put into the club done with no expectation of getting a return other than the hope of better players and improved results?

Caversham Green
16-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Just to add to my post, even if GH is at it, there's nothing to stop others starting up a 'foundation' of some sort. No target, just a mechanism to fund the progress of our club over and above ticket purchases. Remember HoMFC fans are probably paying about twice as much as Hibs fans for their football, but the extra funds are not reaching their team.

nribs
16-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Shame he didn't offer to bank roll the signing and wages of LG :)

Hibbyradge
16-06-2014, 07:51 AM

I don't know you so I'm no better off. You could be him/her for all I know.

Whether it's Yamfuddery, tomfoolery, a chance to brag about personal wealth or just a plain old ego trip, this whole thing is nonsense.

There are loads of Hibs fans who would get behind a properly thought out plan to buy and run Hibernian FC, but this is the opposite of that.

I certainly wouldn't support anyone who's judgement was so poor as to start a debate, semi-anonymously, which was guaranteed to reel in people who have been rendered gullible by their frustration.

I await the Evening News expose with bated breath. :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
16-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Shame he didn't offer to bank roll the signing and wages of LG :)
Now there was an investment opportunity missed .

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2014, 08:02 AM

Our problem is that he hasn't said who he is.

If he is genuine, he will understand the cynicism and scepticism. One of the reasons that we/Hearts/Rangers got into so much trouble in past years was because the right questions weren't asked of Duff/Romanov/Whyte. If they were asked, they probably weren't answered. If they were answered, the answers were probably ignored in the waves of optimism and enthusiasm.

Eyrie
16-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Just to be clear...i am not proposing any plan to anyone on here or to any Hibs fan elsewhere.

thank you Eyrie for saying this !!

there are enough plans going around at the moment and we dont need another one from me to confuse matters even further.

if the plan is good....i will back it as per my original post.

i am promising nothing more than that to be clear !!

So essentially what you're saying is that if someone else comes up with a plan that you like then you'll bankroll it and hope that will kickstart the rest of us into backing it as well?

Bit of a risk to take with your money, and as has been pointed out it would have been better to have met with various groups to decide on an actual proposal rather than posting on a message board.

Dempster certainly has plans to take this club forwards and upwards, so have you made any effort to speak to the club?