PDA

View Full Version : NHC England v Italy

Pages : 1 [2]

Aldo
15-06-2014, 12:00 AM
England probably deserved a draw - but Italy are masters of holding a lead

Tbh first half England were very good but didn't do enough second half to win it.

Pirlo strolled it!!

Sergey
15-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Brilliant...and nothing better than to see the Scouse git bleeting-on about hard lines.

Nae luck, ya pikey!

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Not that fussed honestly, think the Italians are a better team though so will go 2-1 to them. Just hoping its a good game like they all have been so far, so much better than 4 years ago.Called it.

eggbamyasi
15-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Pirlo truly superb .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lewis77
15-06-2014, 12:02 AM
What the f*** is Gabby Logan on about,

"Roy was obviously right to unleash the three lions tonight".

Obviously not Gabby hen!

easty
15-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Italy deserved to win. The better team on the night, and they made sure the game was played the way they wanted it played.

Sterling was good. Rooney was poor (that corner kick :confused:). Henderson wasn't really involved at all, same goes for Wilshere when he came on for him.

easty
15-06-2014, 12:04 AM

Obviously not Gabby hen!

Ah ken.....and lions couldn't even play football. :greengrin

Time for my bed I think...:wink:

truehibernian
15-06-2014, 12:05 AM
The cheat Thierry Henry having a dig at Balotelli for doing the '2-1' and saying 'he'll get bad press'.......aye okay ya cheating brian cant.......stole a major champs by your hand ball..........:aok: can't stand Henry

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2014, 12:05 AM
lovin this post mortem

easty
15-06-2014, 12:06 AM
When did I say hard lines ya slavering prick :confused:

I think he meant a different Scouse prick.....prick.:greengrin

Lewis77
The hard way it is then, never mind still confident :greengrin

Confident of what? England getting pumped out at the group stage?

Did wickle ingerwand not pway vewy well Scouse?

SteveHFC
Half an hour from now....Italian Teams Hotel........

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ee2e6c9b49a6ecf8a59e98b2e23c4009/tumblr_mj5kgcLxK21rjhks1o2_400.gif

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Half an hour from now....Italian Teams Hotel........

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ee2e6c9b49a6ecf8a59e98b2e23c4009/tumblr_mj5kgcLxK21rjhks1o2_400.gif

Pirlo was doing that during the game

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2014, 12:08 AM
I think he meant a different Scouse prick.....prick.:greengrin

Aw **** my sincere apologies to Sergey.

PM sent to explain my red face!

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 12:10 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLbHK7Ydxdx-b09OWuVNG-y2ZKK7GpcRlm&index=2&annotation_id=annotation_4266437423&feature=iv&v=d5-wdjFyilU&src_vid=ZfRVlKl1dYE

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
Confident of what? England getting pumped out at the group stage?

Did wickle ingerwand not pway vewy well Scouse?

Of qualifying of course!

CropleyWasGod
Pirlo was doing that during the game

Henry...." Pirlo eez so good he meant to hit ze crossbar..."

Pete
Pirlo meant to hit the bar!

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Henry...." Pirlo eez so good he meant to hit ze crossbar..."

guid accent :greengrin

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Was very impressed with england, played some very good football and attacked with pace and qucik intricit passing. Should of won it with the amount of chances they had, especially rooneys who i thought was murder

Lewis77
Of qualifying of course!

That's just out of order!

gorgie greens
hopefully first team back home,cant stand them and want them to lose at EVERYTHING they do,as for Pirlo sublime genius never got rushed in to making any mistakes and the type of player you would be happy to watch all day long

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2014, 12:14 AM
The cheat Thierry Henry having a dig at Balotelli for doing the '2-1' and saying 'he'll get bad press'.......aye okay ya cheating brian cant.......stole a major champs by your hand ball..........:aok: can't stand Henry:faf: Sorry but Henry is class and he done what anyone else would have done, get over it.

yeezus.
15-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Were you never telt to listen to your father ?

Haha, my mother is English!

CyberSauzee
15-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Was very impressed with england, played some very good football and attacked with pace and qucik intricit passing. Should of won it with the amount of chances they had, especially rooneys who i thought was murder

Apart from Italy hitting the woodwork twice and having the ball cleared off the line.

gorgie greens
15-06-2014, 12:19 AM

Must have been watching another game than the one i was,Italy bossed the game,Engerland came in to towards the end a bit but felt there was only going to be one winner.

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Must have been watching another game than the one i was,Italy bossed the game,Engerland came in to towards the end a bit but felt there was only going to be one winner.

must of been, i think england dominated large chunks of both halves. The thing missing for them tonight imo was a poacher to tuck it away

heretoday
15-06-2014, 12:22 AM

Apart from his assist I agree. Still reckon they'll qualify. They are brighter than any England side for years.

weonlywon6-2
15-06-2014, 12:22 AM

England played ok but italy always seemed in control and never seemed to get out of first gear.uruguay will be a different game as they just try and attack all the time.
Italy are a bit boring but they do het the job done,dunno why they didnt just try and kill the game of after the second,they certainly had it in them.
As for rooney ,oh dear

Lewis77
15-06-2014, 12:25 AM
What is Gabby Logan on?

"Roy, that was an extremely positive performance by England" ?

Every time Italy needed to unlock England they did. Italy played England not the occasion, meaning they pretty much dictated the game and didn't run round like headless chickens. After 2-1 they soaked it up. England looked uneven and fragile when tested at the back. Aye they had a lot of the ball after 2-1 but that was more to do with Italy doing what they do so well, sitting back, than England's great play.

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Don't forget that Japan v Ivory Coast is on shortly on ITV.

Another opportunity to slate the pundits. :aok:

truehibernian
15-06-2014, 12:35 AM
:faf: Sorry but Henry is class and he done what anyone else would have done, get over it.

Bit like the cheat Joe Jordan you mean......deny cheating til the end ?

He's a cheat - great player - known for cheating :aok: I'm not even concerned enough to be 'over it' mate.......I just know Thierry Henry, punditry, references to honesty.......just don't go together :aok:

Pete
15-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Every time Italy needed to unlock England they did. Italy played England not the occasion, meaning they pretty much dictated the game and didn't run round like headless chickens. After 2-1 they soaked it up. England looked uneven and fragile when tested at the back. Aye they had a lot of the ball after 2-1 but that was more to do with Italy doing what they do so well, sitting back, than England's great play.

I think the only thing I agree with in this post is that England looked uneven at the back. Some of that was down to the poor midfield cover.

Italy had one chance and put it away and the other was a raker from outside the box. Did Hart have nothing to do because Italy chose not to do it?

Far from being in control of the whole game, Italy will be going into the dressing room thanking their lucky stars that England never took their chances.

A very even game which could have went any way IMO.

CB_NO3
15-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Rooney was poor but was playing well out of position. Gerrard was rank rotten IMO. I would be demanding more from my captain. The media are trying to put a positive spin on things. The italians never moved out of second gear. Hit the woodwork twice, had one cleared of the line and scored two.

CyberSauzee
15-06-2014, 12:51 AM
I think the only thing I agree with in this post is that England looked uneven at the back. Some of that was down to the poor midfield cover.

Italy had one chance and put it away and the other was a raker from outside the box. Did Hart have nothing to do because Italy chose not to do it?

Far from being in control of the whole game, Italy will be going into the dressing room thanking their lucky stars that England never took their chances.

"Italy had one chance"?

See above. Either stay off the peev, don't be swayed by English pundits, or both.

renato
15-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Italy did enough to win and deserved it (just) on balance.

The reason they did enough and no more was down to 1) the key injuries they have at the back, dragging the usually excellent Chiellini out to LB where he had a torrid time, and his place at CH being taken by the equally shakey Paletta, 2) England stretching them with surprisingly good build up play (but no end product) and 3) the ridiculously humid conditions dictating that they play in 3rd gear and conserve energy for a tricky midday game against Costa Rica.

Prandelli did what he needed to do to ensure Italy won the game. As mentioned by another poster they played England and not the occasion. Oh and IMO they had the better chances.

Lendo
15-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Bamba starting for Ivory Coast. Take him back in a heartbeat.

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2014, 01:04 AM
i'm seriously thinking of sending sepp blatt...erm, i mean FIFA a big donation as thanks for the results so far

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2014, 01:15 AM
as annie lennox sang in 1984, here comes the rain again

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2014, 01:16 AM
crackin goal 1-0 japan, Honda, not the car the man

Pete
15-06-2014, 01:16 AM
"Italy had one chance"?

See above. Either stay off the peev, don't be swayed by English pundits, or both.

Ok they had one or two but certainly didn't dominate the game like the guy I was quoting suggested.

"stay off the peeve". That's a rather blunt and rather unnecessary comment. I'm trying to think of another poster who you remind me of.

Lewis77
15-06-2014, 01:26 AM

Italy did what they are famous for, once a lead is established sit back and soak it up and play counter attack. When it went 1-1 they picked up their play, I'm sure you noticed that, scored and sat back once more, they did what Italy do and England had no answer for it. Italy dictated the game beautifully, even hitting the crossbar in the process.

England struck me as having an uneven set-up and the defence looked dodgy.

Once Italy go in the lead they will let you run around with the ball as much as you want and hit you on the break, that's the italian way.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2014, 01:51 AM
Bit like the cheat Joe Jordan you mean......deny cheating til the end ?

He's a cheat - great player - known for cheating :aok: I'm not even concerned enough to be 'over it' mate.......I just know Thierry Henry, punditry, references to honesty.......just don't go together :aok:He cheated once, he was by know means known for cheating, he was a class act on and off the field throughout his career and that shouldn't be forgotten because of one incident, tarnishing players with 1 action in the heat of the moment is pathetic. I assume you think Zidane is a thug for the WC Final incident in 2006?

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 02:13 AM
crackin goal 1-0 japan, Honda, not the car the man

Yes he moved up a gear. :greengrin

Pete
15-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Italy did what they are famous for, once a lead is established sit back and soak it up and play counter attack. When it went 1-1 they picked up their play, I'm sure you noticed that, scored and sat back once more, they did what Italy do and England had no answer for it. Italy dictated the game beautifully, even hitting the crossbar in the process.

England struck me as having an uneven set-up and the defence looked dodgy.

Once Italy go in the lead they will let you run around with the ball as much as you want and hit you on the break, that's the italian way.

I agree that they have different "modes" that they go into but I don't think it was as easy for them as you suggest.

England took the game to them early on and maybe could have had one or two before Italy scored. They looked sharp, up for it and I don't think Italy knew how to handle the directness of some players.

I also don't think Italy sat back at all after they scored. They played a pressing game which made it really hard for England and they only started sitting back and inviting them on with 15 or 10 to go. They did indeed defend really well but England done well to create chances, and I don't think they were really expecting England to try and play through them. Maybe they would have made a breakthrough had they shoved lambert up top and went all butcher.

As for them hitting the bar...it was a free kick from distance which was so unlucky. England had several free kicks in better positions but totally wasted them. They definitely are missing a world class player like Pirlo, who was absolutely excellent.

Maybe Ashley Cole would have been the better choice instead of Baines due to his experience and maybe he would have handled the situations better. As Henry said, this is Italy you are playing and there's no room for error.
When they ask you questions it is very difficult to answer and most teams run out of ideas. England did really well to keep themselves positive and players like Sterling, Sturridge and Wellbeck stood tall and offered something different by going for it. Barkley and Wilshere also done well and will give defenders food for thought.

You're right that Italy are the masters at dictating play but England won't be facing Italy next time. The next time they play Italy you never know, things might be different.

Hibby Mike
15-06-2014, 02:22 AM

Face it chap, Italians just do it better. They didn't even get out of second gear tonight and tucked England away. Possession wise, it was like a training session, other than the badly defended cross from Rooney. Forza Italia!..

Pete
15-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Face it chap, Italians just do it better. They didn't even get out of second gear tonight and tucked England away. Possession wise, it was like a training session, other than the badly defended cross from Rooney. Forza Italia!..

You're kidding yourself if you think that Italy never got out of second gear. They had to work damn hard to defend their lead.

A training session position wise? I think that's just being disrespectful for the sake of it and an dig with no foundation whatsoever.

HH81
15-06-2014, 02:45 AM
:faf: Sorry but Henry is class and he done what anyone else would have done, get over it.

I seen him play in England and every time he was class. :agree:

truehibernian
15-06-2014, 03:03 AM
He cheated once, he was by know means known for cheating, he was a class act on and off the field throughout his career and that shouldn't be forgotten because of one incident, tarnishing players with 1 action in the heat of the moment is pathetic. I assume you think Zidane is a thug for the WC Final incident in 2006?

Watched Thierry Henry his whole career and he is supremely talented - but like many players that have supreme talent, he cheats - the Ireland game was the example I cited, but he has always cheated in my eyes.......just don't like the player....simple as that. My opinion, if you don't agree, fair enough......but I stand by mine. He is a cheat.

truehibernian
15-06-2014, 03:08 AM
And I'll add, much like Didier Drogba.......fantastic player, a joy at times to have in the EPL.....but a cheat during games.......I like players who go in hard and fair, I also like players who when they are fouled in a minor sense, get up and on with it.....both Henry and Drogba were players who for some reason thought that was okay in the game.....despite their obvious talents. It's just a shame when world class players are right saps and try and influence refs by feigning :agree:

majorhibs
15-06-2014, 05:59 AM
Ok they had one or two but certainly didn't dominate the game like the guy I was quoting suggested.

"stay off the peeve". That's a rather blunt and rather unnecessary comment. I'm trying to think of another poster who you remind me of.

I agree that they have different "modes" that they go into but I don't think it was as easy for them as you suggest.

England took the game to them early on and maybe could have had one or two before Italy scored. They looked sharp, up for it and I don't think Italy knew how to handle the directness of some players.

I also don't think Italy sat back at all after they scored. They played a pressing game which made it really hard for England and they only started sitting back and inviting them on with 15 or 10 to go. They did indeed defend really well but England done well to create chances, and I don't think they were really expecting England to try and play through them. Maybe they would have made a breakthrough had they shoved lambert up top and went all butcher.

As for them hitting the bar...it was a free kick from distance which was so unlucky. England had several free kicks in better positions but totally wasted them. They definitely are missing a world class player like Pirlo, who was absolutely excellent.

Maybe Ashley Cole would have been the better choice instead of Baines due to his experience and maybe he would have handled the situations better. As Henry said, this is Italy you are playing and there's no room for error.
When they ask you questions it is very difficult to answer and most teams run out of ideas. England did really well to keep themselves positive and players like Sterling, Sturridge and Wellbeck stood tall and offered something different by going for it. Barkley and Wilshere also done well and will give defenders food for thought.

You're right that Italy are the masters at dictating play but England won't be facing Italy next time. The next time they play Italy you never know, things might be different.

Wee bit sore there, Peter? England looked better than I thought they would with a few players that will probs see them good in the future but Italy had that bit class needed from their top players whereas Engerlunds main men didnae step up, only one team looked like they had another gear & it wasnt the team in white for me.
Balotelli scored & had one off the line & that was about it from him, Italy twice off the woodwork as well, IMO apart from the early long range efforts the Italian keeper wasnt worked enough to be able to claim the Italians didnt know how to handle Woys boys.
BTW who in the ABE squad is too blunt & unneccessary for you? Scouse is handling a lot more banter on here, mind he's giving out a good bit as well!

Pirlo was class as per, Sturridge put a good shift in, but what about the ref? Must have scunnered a few anti FIFA/Brasil conspiracy theorists the night, thought the ref was MOM.

Keith_M
15-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Why is the Poll closed one day after the game's finished?

PeeJay
15-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Thought it was a great game of football, disappointed England got beat, quite impressed by their performance (as were the pundits here in Germany), Italy are simply a great team, and - as ever - they were the more clinical of the two - Pirlo is head and shoulders above anyone I've seen so far. Considering the circumstances that the two teams had to play under I thought they both put on a superb show - we had a wee bit of a heat wave here in Germany last week and it was tough just walking around at 35+ - these guys all put in some tremendous shifts at 31+ and very high humidity levels - really impressed.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2014, 09:21 AM

Obviously not Gabby hen!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Gabby used to be a man?

Siralbertkidd
15-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Why is the Poll closed one day after the game's finished?

Just voted for an Italy win now :greengrin. Think it will be 2-1. Love skewing statistics :greengrin

Lewis77
15-06-2014, 10:13 AM

She does look a touch male. A man's shaped face.

Danderhall Hibs
15-06-2014, 10:40 AM

I'd still pump it.

heretoday
15-06-2014, 11:05 AM
She does look a touch male. A man's shaped face.

I don't think she looks very well. Maybe it's just the heat.

Siralbertkidd
15-06-2014, 11:35 AM
I'd still pump it.

still or because? :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
15-06-2014, 11:37 AM
still or because? :greengrin

Brilliant

ballengeich
15-06-2014, 12:02 PM

She certainly looks horribly like her father.

hibsbollah
15-06-2014, 12:20 PM
And I'll add, much like Didier Drogba.......fantastic player, a joy at times to have in the EPL.....but a cheat during games.......I like players who go in hard and fair, I also like players who when they are fouled in a minor sense, get up and on with it.....both Henry and Drogba were players who for some reason thought that was okay in the game.....despite their obvious talents. It's just a shame when world class players are right saps and try and influence refs by feigning :agree:

I love Drogba so I'm probably just biased but most of the time he goes down under contact, ie: he feels the foul and goes down to make sure the ref sees it. He's more of a 'milking it' cheat than an actual 'diver' like say Klinsmann or Gerrard or Dalglish, who used to take a leap over an outstretched leg with no contact at all.

hibsbollah
15-06-2014, 12:38 PM
...something that hasn't been mentioned much is Italy were missing Buffon, the leader of their team, their second best midfielder Montolovio to a broken leg and their left back De Ceglio through injury. Theyre also on a poor run of form prior to the tournament.

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Thank goodness they got cuffed. At least I can watch SSN and the other sports channels without all and sundry ex English players, celebs getting all patriotic and saying how well they played and are looking forward to the final.

SteveHFC
15-06-2014, 01:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-q5ATuTcws#t=53

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Went out last night in town, and had a little too much to drink. It was fun though, and watching the hordes leaving every pub upset and looking for trouble was awkward but my best cockney accent kept me out of any bother.

Just nipping out to get myself a lemon, nothing else is getting this smile off my face today. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Thank goodness they got cuffed. At least I can watch SSN and the other sports channels without all and sundry ex English players, celebs getting all patriotic and saying how well they played and are looking forward to the final.

Quite a few of them getting cocky saying they will beat Uruguay and progress to the next phase, why can't they just take a game as it comes then comment? they look as if they have had a death in the family after a defeat at times. For me? they're out soon.

easty
15-06-2014, 03:08 PM
They'll beat Uruguay and Costa Rica.

yeezus.
15-06-2014, 03:22 PM

I imagine so, my original prediction of 4 points looks increasingly unlikely.

marinello59
15-06-2014, 03:22 PM

I fancy them to do that as well.

easty
15-06-2014, 03:29 PM
I imagine so, my original prediction of 4 points looks increasingly unlikely.

They're not a bad team, much like Ivory Coast or Belgium. But like those teams, when they come against an actual good side, they'll lose.

lapsedhibee
15-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I love Drogba so I'm probably just biased but most of the time he goes down under contact, ie: he feels the foul and goes down to make sure the ref sees it. He's more of a 'milking it' cheat than an actual 'diver' like say Klinsmann or Gerrard or Dalglish, who used to take a leap over an outstretched leg with no contact at all.

Drogba's not a diver? What colour is the sky in your world hb? :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
15-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Haha brilliant,having seen her in the flesh im sure you might change your mind,she is rather lovely,or maybe im turning gay !

weonlywon6-2
15-06-2014, 05:25 PM
What do our english supporting hibs fans on here think of the game last night?

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2014, 07:03 PM

Seeing as you ask- I was reasonably pleased with the performance, disappointed we never took our chances as you have to at this level or you suffer and also disappointed with several individuals who I thought could have contributed more.

hibsbollah
15-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Drogba's not a diver? What colour is the sky in your world hb? :greengrin

:greengrin i just think He's no worse than most.

weonlywon6-2
15-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Seeing as you ask- I was reasonably pleased with the performance, disappointed we never took our chances as you have to at this level or you suffer and also disappointed with several individuals who I thought could have contributed more.

I thought england played well in bits and were fast going forward.Italy just seemed to take their time and pirlo was very good.
Thought gerard and rooney would have been better,maybe lampard is a better option??
Very different game v uraguay as they like to attack,could be a few goals.in the game.

Lago
15-06-2014, 08:58 PM

Thought the game was pretty good. Both teams played well & I enjoyed it. England have some good young players and they are fortunate that they don't need to look for a granny or grandad link to get players for the national team.

iwasthere1972
15-06-2014, 09:15 PM
What was the score? :tee hee: