PDA

View Full Version : Update from Leeann

Hibby Gav
13-06-2014, 04:10 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140613/leeann-update-on-manager-search_2262950_3903376

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster this afternoon updated supportershttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140613/leeann-update-on-manager-search_2262950_3903376#) on progress in the search for a new Manager.
The Club has received more than 40 applications from Scotland, the UK and further afield. Leeann said: "We are carrying out diligence on the names that are of greatest interest to us - from those targeted by us and also those who have come towards us - and from that process we are creating our short-list. I would hope that we will be able to start talking to people over the next few days.
"I understand there will be a lot of speculation and interest, and we will try to keep people posted when it is appropriate to do so. Meantime, we will try to get things concluded to get the right person in as quickly as we can."
Make sure you stay connected to all the latest news direct from Hibernian by following us on Twitter @HibernianFCClub and on Facebook - ensuring you stay on the ball throughout what promises to be

Keith_M
13-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Does that include my Application?

Hibby Gav
13-06-2014, 04:32 PM

sitting just under Josep Guardiolas mate

DAVE1875
13-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Does playing Football Manager count as experience? IIRC some guy once got a decent reply from Middlesbrough (I think) thanking him for his application having listed FM as his past experience

Didn't it also get one guy a job? Can't remember if it was a lower league club up here, doon sooth or abroad.

Lovely to see near constant communication from Leeann as well

SanFranHibs
13-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by keekaboo

sitting just under Josep Guardiolas mate

Still a good 'supporter' Keekaboo!

Makes you wonder if this time there is no one candidate that LD wants prior to seeing whom is available and of course wiilling. Last time we all 'knew' Butcher was RP's choice and any announcement about compiling shortlist of candidates was empty rhetoric and the shortlist was really short.....Butcher.

For all I am still angry and embarrassed that we were relegated, with LD's appointment and todays news of Geroge Craig's appointment methinks it might have gotten through to RP and STF that if we are ever going to compete a little more cash must be spent. Perhaps STF has made a 'donation'?

The anger and embarrassment are slowly giving way to excitement and prior to a new managerial appointment dare I say a little optimism?

:flag:

EdinMike
13-06-2014, 05:18 PM
:thumbsup:

matty_f
13-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Doesn't leave us a lot of time to get a team together for the new season. I wonder how big an impact (if any) that'll have come the end of the season.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2014, 05:28 PM

Already shredded and Leanne using it for her hamster's bedding. Too many grammar and spelling mistakes.

lord bunberry
13-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Doesn't leave us a lot of time to get a team together for the new season. I wonder how big an impact (if any) that'll have come the end of the season.

That's my worry, if our aim is to win the league we need to hit thr ground running

Nevi_SOL
13-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Does playing Football Manager count as experience? IIRC some guy once got a decent reply from Middlesbrough (I think) thanking him for his application having listed FM as his past experience

Didn't it also get one guy a job? Can't remember if it was a lower league club up here, doon sooth or abroad.

Lovely to see near constant communication from Leeann as well

Sure did

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a439878/football-manager-player-lands-managerial-job-in-azerbaijan.html

HKhibby
13-06-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140613/leeann-update-on-manager-search_2262950_3903376

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster this afternoon updated supportershttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140613/leeann-update-on-manager-search_2262950_3903376#) on progress in the search for a new Manager.
The Club has received more than 40 applications from Scotland, the UK and further afield. Leeann said: "We are carrying out diligence on the names that are of greatest interest to us - from those targeted by us and also those who have come towards us - and from that process we are creating our short-list. I would hope that we will be able to start talking to people over the next few days.
"I understand there will be a lot of speculation and interest, and we will try to keep people posted when it is appropriate to do so. Meantime, we will try to get things concluded to get the right person in as quickly as we can."
Make sure you stay connected to all the latest news direct from Hibernian by following us on Twitter @HibernianFCClub and on Facebook - ensuring you stay on the ball throughout what promises to be

When Petrie was in charge of football affairs, i used to send an email....and get one back either same day or day after (not always from Rod), but i have sent two since this Ms Dempster has taken things over and no reply!!, looking for a manager...this late and coming to a championship club?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 06:48 PM
When Petrie was in charge of football affairs, i used to send an email....and get one back either same day or day after (not always from Rod), but i have sent two since this Ms Dempster has taken things over and no reply!!, looking for a manager...this late and coming to a championship club?

Some might say that there has been a welcome shift in priorities. :wink:

smurf
13-06-2014, 06:50 PM

With respect I think she's got more pressing priorities than replying quickly to our emails*

We need a manager and a squad to challenge in a few weeks.

Dave-O
13-06-2014, 06:54 PM

You need to cut her some slack with this email business mate, poor woman must feel like there's no enough hours in the day at the moment.

TowerHibs
13-06-2014, 07:38 PM

to be fair mate, if ur 2nd email was anything like ur 1st then it will be ignored. Stop looking to stir **** and let LD do her job she has already proven that she is miles ahead in communication front and doesn't need to reply to every email.

If I recall, ur 1st email was u moaning about the 14 players being emptied by Butcher. This has already been dealt with. She was not in role and could do nothing. So having a pop at her for that isn't going to get a response. If ur that desperate for acknowledgement, get ur self a jack Russell

FranckSuzy
13-06-2014, 11:02 PM

:confused: I got a really prompt reply from Leeann so maybe it's you?

Zazu62
13-06-2014, 11:52 PM
What is the point in sending e-mails ? What will it actually achieve?

jacomo
14-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Has Global Hibby applied for the role? No doubt turn out he's got perfect credentials, great contacts and has already met Leeann.

Don't tell anyone this super hero's real identity though or he'll walk away... :wink:

mcfly
14-06-2014, 07:12 AM

I think the club has slightly higher priorities than replying to your moans.

Get a grip man

heretoday
14-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Come on Leeann. You must appoint someone this week. Put the names in a hat and pick one out. No not that one! Jim Jefferies has had his chance!

lucky
14-06-2014, 08:04 AM

Not sure if your a fool,or at the wind up. But posting about emails not being responded is pathetic. Away and give us all peace.

matty_f
14-06-2014, 08:07 AM
What is the point in sending e-mails ? What will it actually achieve?

They're quicker than writing a letter and you don't need to buy a stamp or get off your erse to post them.

Hibrandenburg
14-06-2014, 08:18 AM
:confused: I got a really prompt reply from Leeann so maybe it's you?

Maybe her spam filter is activated by exclamation marks?

BoltonHibee
14-06-2014, 09:00 AM
That's my worry, if our aim is to win the league we need to hit thr ground running

I think you may have to lower your expectations somewhat. We won't be winning any league next season nor gaining promotion.

lord bunberry
14-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I think you may have to lower your expectations somewhat. We won't be winning any league next season nor gaining promotion.

You may be right, but the stated aim of our new CEO is to win the league. To have the best chance of doing that we should have had a manager in place by now, Butcher should have been sacked the day after the Hamilton game and he certainly shouldn't have been allowed to tell players they were free to go. The whole thing is typical hibs, a shambles.

Jones28
14-06-2014, 09:20 AM

Get over yourself ffs

silverhibee
14-06-2014, 09:21 AM

Patience :cb

lord bunberry
14-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Patience :cb

No I want a new manager now :greengrin

Paloschi
14-06-2014, 09:35 AM
I wonder if they have looked at anyone from the list I sent them! :greengrin

lord bunberry
14-06-2014, 09:39 AM
I wonder if I emailed Leeann would she maybe give me a wee clue as to who the next manager might be, that sort of info would be something the gambling community could really put to good use. I promise we will all by a season ticket with our winnings.

silverhibee
14-06-2014, 10:28 AM
No I want a new manager now :greengrin

Still in the process of getting applications in, should be announcement at the end of next week.

What's the hurry, pre-season is still another 9 days to go. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Does anyone that just applies for a managers job ever get it when the club had never even considered approaching them?

Just_Jimmy
14-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Does anyone that just applies for a managers job ever get it when the club had never even considered approaching them?

Tony mowbray?

lord bunberry
14-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Still in the process of getting applications in, should be announcement at the end of next week.

What's the hurry, pre-season is still another 9 days to go. :greengrin

But I've got a bet on Ian Murray and I want to collect.

silverhibee
14-06-2014, 03:36 PM
But I've got a bet on Ian Murray and I want to collect.

Should have saved your money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27849513

Speedway
14-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Weren't we linked with Byron Moore a while back?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Weren't we linked with Byron Moore a while back?

Yep in Fenlons first summer window.