PDA

View Full Version : George Craig (Head of Football Operations) confirmed

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:51 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140613/george-craig-joins-hibernian_2262950_3903217

Another piece of the rebuild in place, I believe he comes with a load of experience in this area and should bring a bit more logic and structure to the way the football is run at the club.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Welcome and All the best.

Hibby Gav
13-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Welcome George !

We are nice bunch when you get to know us.
ggtth

13-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Looks positive :aok:

All the best and welcome to the club!

Golden Bear
13-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Sounds like a good appointment - all we need is some players now.

Keith_M
13-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the club, George.

I was encouraged by this part of the statement:

"George's remit will entail overseeing improvements to the Academy and player development programme, ensuring there is a structured pathway for players to develop from the Academy to the under 20s and first team squads, and developing the club's coaching programme in the local community."

erskine-hibby
13-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Can he play in goal?

AlbertK86
13-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Does this mean the guy Bill he dry has been punted ?

ruthven_raiders
13-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Does this cover the director of footbal rolel that's been mentioned? Or is this a position still to be filled by say an experience guy and have a younger coach/manager?

tamig
13-06-2014, 04:42 PM

That's what I want to know.

alexedwards
13-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Does this cover the director of footbal rolel that's been mentioned? Or is this a position still to be filled by say an experience guy and have a younger coach/manager?

As it says - George Craig is NOT a Director of Football. Please amend thread titles to avoid confusion or this will come up repeatedly. :wink:

Unseen work
13-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Hopefully his old job will give him some good youth contacts to come and join

Spike Mandela
13-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Not being funny or a smart alec , a genuine question. Which players does he have on his CV that he has brought through?

oconnors_strip
13-06-2014, 05:16 PM

I asked Leeann this at the meeting last weekend and she said no

SanFranHibs
13-06-2014, 05:18 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140613/george-craig-joins-hibernian_2262950_3903217

Another piece of the rebuild in place, I believe he comes with a load of experience in this area and should bring a bit more logic and structure to the way the football is run at the club.

Or bureaucracy? :wink:

He's one of Petries men!! A yes man! Craig out !

:greengrin

We do seem to be spending more money now. LD, Craig, Butchers payoff......

Now what will we do with the team?

GoldenEagle
13-06-2014, 05:31 PM
CEO
Football manager
Asst Manager
Head of Football Operations
Head of Academy
Head of Academy Coaching

Seems a little bloated IMO.

MyJo
13-06-2014, 05:38 PM
CEO
Football manager
Asst Manager
Head of Academy
Head of Academy Coaching

It sounds to me like the Head of Academy role is pretty much redundant. the HoFO role seems to cover everything that that role would include with added elements of work within the first team to try and make it all work together.

davy malcolm
13-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Eddie may is next in

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Not if it all comes together im liking the look and sound of it so far ...the ladt two jobs might be one now the other felly might be put down a peg no like take the hump and leave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

GoldenEagle
13-06-2014, 05:41 PM
It sounds to me like the Head of Academy role is pretty much redundant. the HoFO role seems to cover everything that that role would include with added elements of work within the first team to try and make it all work together.

If it means BH is moved on then I don't think it's a bad thing.

wheniwas5
13-06-2014, 06:03 PM
As long as petrie is at hibs Bill will be employed in some capacity

ruthven_raiders
13-06-2014, 06:04 PM
As it says - George Craig is NOT a Director of Football. Please amend thread titles to avoid confusion or this will come up repeatedly. :wink:

Thought so as it says head of football operations on hibs website

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2014, 06:37 PM
As long as petite is at hibs Bill will be employed in some capacity

Definitely need to get bigger folk in before we get rid of him. :agree:

HKhibby
13-06-2014, 06:46 PM
CEO
Football manager
Asst Manager
Head of Academy
Head of Academy Coaching

FFS, this is Hibs we are talking about!...Not Manchester Utd!

wheniwas5
13-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Yes if someone is basically taking Bill Hendry,s job over then let's find another position for him and spend money on a salary that could be used to strengthen the team. And I don't imagine his salary Will drop either.

JBloggs1875
13-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Welcome George! Another piece of the jigsaw in place.

Beefster
13-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Not being funny or a smart alec , a genuine question. Which players does he have on his CV that he has brought through?

It sounds like an operational role. If he has experience of reviewing and implementing systems then he has experience. He doesn't bring though players, I wouldn't imagine.

Unseen work
13-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Eddie may is next in

do you know this for certain? Doing what?

davy malcolm
14-06-2014, 08:22 AM
He's coming in trust me

Leith Green
14-06-2014, 09:08 AM
He's coming in trust me

In what capacity mate?

davy malcolm
14-06-2014, 09:15 AM
He will work with George Craig

The_Horde
14-06-2014, 11:38 AM
What exactly does a head of football operations do in a working week?

What makes him different from a DOF?

sahib
14-06-2014, 12:01 PM
;4062464']What exactly does a head of football operations do in a working week?

What makes him different from a DOF?

I am finding all these "structural" appointments a bit concerning . I worry that this is just modern management orthodoxy being applied to a football club. Having been working for the last forty odd years I have seen this population explosion in management positions, everywhere. What concerns me is: 1. Can we afford this number of apparatchiks without compromising the player budget. 2. Are these roles seen as more important than players. If they view the players as mere operatives who can be hired and fired by the team load each season then they are missing the point. The team is the product sold to the fans. Winning teams bring people through the gates.

matty_f
14-06-2014, 12:47 PM
I am finding all these "structural" appointments a bit concerning . I worry that this is just modern management orthodoxy being applied to a football club. Having been working for the last forty odd years I have seen this population explosion in management positions, everywhere. What concerns me is: 1. Can we afford this number of apparatchiks without compromising the player budget. 2. Are these roles seen as more important than players. If they view the players as mere operatives who can be hired and fired by the team load each season then they are missing the point. The team is the product sold to the fans. Winning teams bring people through the gates.

I think it's more concerning that they weren't there in the first place. The structure at the club hasn't been right for some time, there is no discernible first team football style that links with the academy style, there hasn't been structure to the scouting nor the recruiting of youth players to any great extent.

George Craig's role, as far as I see it, is to make sure that there's structure to what's being done - even with simple things like making sure coaches are progressing up the grades thus improving their abilities, and making sure that there's clear direction for players coming through the ranks.

We've been rudderless for a long time and it's taken us down. Leeann Dempster is providing that rudder, and is getting in good people to help her out.

IanM
14-06-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't know exactly what his new role does but I do know these two are a double act and they've worked successfully for years. I know one of his relatives and him and Ld are mega excited about this

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-06-2014, 01:12 PM
What will Eddie May be doing when he comes? Will he be replacing Bill Hendry?

reversep
14-06-2014, 01:56 PM
What will Eddie May be doing when he comes? Will he be replacing Bill Hendry?

He,ll be a massive improvement on Bill Hendry. Eddie May has a proper football / youth football background , Bill Hendry has .....eh :confused:

wheniwas5
14-06-2014, 02:02 PM
He,ll be a massive improvement on Bill Hendry. Eddie May has a proper football / youth football background , Bill Hendry has .....eh :confused:

Not 100% sure but I think his back ground is in teaching. School teaching that is.

Sir David Gray
14-06-2014, 11:00 PM
I've just realised that George Craig spoke at my college graduation night back in 2008, when he was still at Falkirk.

I didn't make the connection until I saw his face on the BBC article earlier on and I thought he looked familiar!

I know it doesn't mean very much with regards to his new role with us but I always remember that he gave a very impressive speech that night.

Unseen work
15-06-2014, 12:57 AM
who is eddie may and what is he going to be doing? is this confirmed?

gorgie greens
15-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Welcome to the club, George.

I was encouraged by this part of the statement:

"George's remit will entail overseeing improvements to the Academy and player development programme, ensuring there is a structured pathway for players to develop from the Academy to the under 20s and first team squads, and developing the club's coaching programme in the local community."

So why has someone (dont know who) ripped up contracts of some of our best prospects in the last week.?

Waxy
15-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Eddie May, Hibernian legend.

Blaster
15-06-2014, 08:56 AM

I've heard that Eddie may is no longer coming to Hibs

Danderhall Hibs
15-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Eddie may come or Eddie may not come.