PDA

View Full Version : Buy out Fund

Pages : [1] 2

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:03 PM
I will start out with £1m cash plus a monthly contribution of £20,000 per month.

Don't give any personal abuse to me......this is no joke...at this stage i wish to remain private and Admins please have the courtesy to do this.

There should be one or two people on here who will know who i am or me as there were links in previous posts by someone in the know, who made comments about a well connected die hard Hibs fan.

I dont want any negativity from anyone on this post. I am a "diehard Hibs fan " born and raised in Leith and want to make a difference.

Lets see what Hibs fans are prepared to do in regard the club

I will not get into any other discussion on this thread about structure, people, who is on the board, business plan, conditions of funding etc. That can be done on other threads !

Have this thread as a pure buy out fund and lets see how much Hibs fans can raise in hard cash plus monthly contributions.

Lets have the money pledged transparent for all Hibs fans to view and am happy for one of the Admins to manage this.

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 02:05 PM
I will start out with £1m cash plus a monthly contribution of £20,000 per month.

Don't give any personal abuse to me......this is no joke...at this stage i wish to remain private and Admins please have the courtesy to do this.

There should be one or two people on here who will know who i am or me as there were links in previous posts by someone in the know, who made comments about a well connected die hard Hibs fan.

I dont want any negativity from anyone on this post. I am a "diehard Hibs fan " born and raised in Leith and want to make a difference.

I will not get into any other discussion on this thread about structure, people, who is on the board, business plan, conditions of funding etc. That can be done on other threads !

Have this thread as a pure buy out fund and lets see how much Hibs fans can raise in hard cash plus monthly contributions.

Lets have the money pledged transparent for all Hibs fans to view and am happy for one of the Admins to manage this.

What/who are you buying out?

Brightside
13-06-2014, 02:07 PM
No questions. €10m

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:09 PM
What/who are you buying out?

This is a fund to buy our club.

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 02:10 PM
I guess we need to know how much it would cost?

1mill could be 5%, 10% or 20%.

Heisenberg
13-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I should be able to scrape together a couple of million.

easty
13-06-2014, 02:15 PM

I'm a Diehard and Hibs fan too. I like Diehard with a Vengance the best. Which ones your favourite? :greengrin

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:15 PM

Start a separate post for that please as i mentioned in the earlier...... Happy to give my view on the number on your post you create.

Dave-O
13-06-2014, 02:17 PM

...and that is the 10, 15, 20 million pounds question and if you have to ask you'll be telt you cannae afford it.

Re the OP, I take it your looking for big hitters like yourself and no wee bammers like myself who could only afford say 30/50 a month?

Bleeds green
13-06-2014, 02:18 PM
£30 a month easily contributed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nribs
Who's running the club after a buyout. What funds would be in place after a buyout?

Devilstorment
Count me in as long as I get a shot of being Manager, my football manager record is exemplary!

in all seriousness right now, I could contribute around 10-20 a month. The belt is a bit tight at the moment

JustSimplyHibs
If i won the Euro's i'd buy Hibs outright!!!!

Everything is here to be one of the most successful club's in Scotland - Fans, Infrastructure... All that's needed is a football team and a manager hungry for success!!!

manx hibee
I agree £30-£50 a month
GGTTH

half.time.draw.
13-06-2014, 02:20 PM
I have £110 million in my Nigerian account, which is awaiting transfer from my long lost relative as soon as I give them my bank details, you can have the lot!:agree:

Lee Marvin
13-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Most confusing post I have read in a while.

h185forever
13-06-2014, 02:22 PM
I applaud the sentiment and the gesture ...but I'm not sure about it being completely transparent ........the price would always match or be higher than the fund.....it needs a group of people from all areas of the support ...like PK, PS a couple from the main supporters group ...the OP ..assuming he would be one of the larger donators ...and a couple of interested ordinary people...a good cross section all with an equal voice

The obv usual things like a pre determined mandate for the money ...what happens if the club can't be bought..what then ..3-4 signatories for any money going out etc

just my thoughts

Chibs
13-06-2014, 02:23 PM

Hi Vlad,nice to see your ok

ionahibby
13-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Mmm don't blame me if i find this very suspicious :hmmm:
If this genuine then why not put something in a national newspaper or the wider public domain rather than a post an internet forum :confused:

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 02:26 PM
I may be in a position tomorrow to personnaly buy out the club ...no further monies will be required from you guys

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

nribs
13-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Nae offence meant but you dont live in a caravan? Or made your money selling shoes?

Beefster
13-06-2014, 02:31 PM
at this stage i wish to remain private and Admins please have the courtesy to do this.

I am Richard, born and raised in Leith Walk and still have a flat there today.

Fair play to you wanting to buy Hibs but you've already told us a bit about you.

PS If you really want to buy Hibs, a public thread on Hibs.net might not be the best way to do it.

Lester B
13-06-2014, 02:32 PM
This Board is getting weirder by the day.

OP may be bona fide. I don't know. Just an odd way to do things IMO.

SlickShoes
13-06-2014, 02:33 PM
I am totally skint but on payday I could probably spare £20.

Global Hibby
...and that is the 10, 15, 20 million pounds question and if you have to ask you'll be telt you cannae afford it.

Re the OP, I take it your looking for big hitters like yourself and no wee bammers like myself who could only afford say 30/50 a month?

Not aimed at big or small.....we are both the same.....we are both bammers and i hope there a more out there like you and I.

I also hope that someone in the admin team can help to measure the amounts that people like you mention and see how far we can get.

Thanks mate !!

by the way, i said i would not answer questions but for you i will as i got positivity from your input unlike some other posts on here !!

No wonder our club is so divided when a genuine fan tries to do something.

The magic number for 100% is 5m in my opinion.

Devilstorment
Fair play to you wanting to buy Hibs but you've already told us a bit about you.

PS If you really want to buy Hibs, a public thread on Hibs.net might not be the best way to do it.

its hardly enough to identify him though!

Cameron1875
13-06-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm a natural cynic so don't believe a serious bidder would ever start a thread on .net about it!

If true then i'd probably stick a tenner a month in.

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm a Diehard and Hibs fan too. I like Diehard with a Vengance the best. Which ones your favourite? :greengrin

The first one Mate.......great movie !!

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Not aimed at big or small.....we are both the same.....we are both bammers and i hope there a more out there like you and I.

I also hope that someone in the admin team can help to measure the amounts that people like you mention and see how far we can get.

Thanks mate !!

by the way, i said i would not answer questions but for you i will as i got positivity from your input unlike some other posts on here !!

I have no idea whether you are genuine or not, but this has to be the daftest way to try and get folk to pledge money ever in my opinion.

Get in touch with the admins, let them see if you are genuine then take it from there, otherwise its just going to be taken as a joke.

easty
13-06-2014, 02:37 PM

Look, I'll admit that someone I don't know coming onto this forum and posting what you did automatically makes me think 'loada pish'.

However, if you are for real, just ignore my ***** patter! :greengrin

nribs
13-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Spain vs Holland tonight or keep refreshing this thread :)

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm a natural cynic so don't believe a serious bidder would ever start a thread on .net about it!

If true then i'd probably stick a tenner a month in.

Thanks for 10.00 mate

i understand Cynic......for most people trust has to be earned...for me trust can only be lost......its choice....your choice is not wrong and my choice is not right........its just a choice we have to make in life.

Thanks for your honesty, in reply without personalisation and cheers for the 10

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Who's running the club after a buyout. What funds would be in place after a buyout?
New thread and will give you my views when time permits.

Golden Bear
13-06-2014, 02:42 PM

That's quite a post by anyone's standards!

:hmmm:

HH81
13-06-2014, 02:43 PM
If this doesnt work will you buy me the Cougars? :greengrin

nribs
13-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Just so you know your on £20,080 per month and laighingback wi be all over this :)

nribs
13-06-2014, 02:47 PM

But your telling us Nothing. Sorry but i'll tell you where i am.... I'm out.

Global Hibby
That's quite a post by anyone's standards!

Thank you

BSEJVT

Thanks mate !!

I think you are deluded beyond belief if you think you could pick up Hibs for £5m.

There is a massive difference between buying a club from an administrator who is mad keen to sell and will accept the best offer from anyone at all and buying it from someone who has no need of the money and is invested in selling to a credible buyer for the betterment of the club.

I would in principle be quite happy to set aside a few quid a month for Hibs, but without the galvanising effect of an admin event like Hearts had, there would be so much infighting over what the purpose of the money was and what it would be used for. it wouldn't fly.

BTW buying out the present owners doesn't put any more money on the table to improve the football club, its just changes the owners.

Whilst I want Petrie out as I believe he has outlived his usefulness and is now a barrier to the club, I would be reluctant to sell the club to someone I knew nothing about, at least with STF, despite the drawbacks of his lack of investment, there is absolutely no doubt he is committed to the good of the club (as he sees it)

patlowe
13-06-2014, 02:52 PM
It was only a matter of time before the jambos sought retribution for all those Hibees pledging money into the FoH fund under false pretences. This thread is it!

scuttle
13-06-2014, 02:52 PM
If you are indeed Richard ....I hope your surname is a well known pickle

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:54 PM
But your telling us Nothing. Sorry but i'll tell you where i am.... I'm out.

Sorry to hear that your are out

two things.

1. I own a number of companies around the world getting up to 1000 people in sixty plus countries. I want to reply to you but i can not do that instantly.

2. For me to reply it needs to be structured hence request for separate thread.

Nothing personal or disrespectful from me to you in my early reply. If you took it that way my apologies !!

Billychaotic182
13-06-2014, 02:55 PM
I live in Aberdeen and the cost of living up here is awful but i know it's not much but I could spare a tenner on payday every month

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 02:58 PM
I think you are deluded beyond belief if you think you could pick up Hibs for £5m.

There is a massive difference between buying a club from an administrator who is mad keen to sell and will accept the best offer from anyone at all and buying it from someone who has no need of the money and is invested in selling to a credible buyer for the betterment of the club.

I would in principle be quite happy to set aside a few quid a month for Hibs, but without the galvanising effect of an admin event like Hearts had, there would be so much infighting over what the purpose of the money was and what it would be used for. it wouldn't fly.

BTW buying out the present owners doesn't put any more money on the table to improve the football club, its just changes the owners.

Whilst I want Petrie out as I believe he has outlived his usefulness and is now a barrier to the club, I would be reluctant to sell the club to someone I knew nothing about, at least with STF, despite the drawbacks of his lack of investment, there is absolutely no doubt he is committed to the good of the club (as he sees it)

I met with STF and RP a number of weeks ago in Edinburgh. I was astonished how motivated and passionate STF was about Hibs

Happy to answer your other points in the separate thread for the reasons outlined in my earlier post.

weonlywon6-2
13-06-2014, 02:59 PM
If this doesnt work will you buy me the Cougars? :greengrin

Sounds good,can i have a blonde one ?

number 27
13-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I would certainly contribute to a fund to set up sustainable fan ownership.

Haven't seen anything yet to suggest that this particular scheme fits the bill though.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Seriously nuts.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Seriously nuts.

Thats going off Topic!

Chibs
13-06-2014, 03:02 PM

two things.

1. I own a number of companies around the world getting up to 1000 people in sixty plus countries. I want to reply to you but i can not do that instantly.

Nothing personal or disrespectful from me to you in my early reply. If you took it that way my apologies !!
Why don't you just get people to pm you.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Thats going off Topic!

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 03:04 PM
OP - maybe it would be worth starting a new thread. But start it as a poll. And just simply ask, if it came to buying hibs how much could/would you contribute to a fund. With options of something like:

1 - < £10 a month
2 - 10 - 25 a month
3 - 25 - 50 a month
4 - 50 -100 a month
5 - Over 100 a month

that way the poll will automatically tall the number of responses, a quick bit of maths will give you a roughish per month figure.

weonlywon6-2
13-06-2014, 03:05 PM
If anyone was interested in buying hibs it would not be started on an internet forum.

If there is any merit in this i would say you have to put all your cards on the table now and not hide anything,you can clearly understand why people dont believe this,business is not dealt this way

scuttle
13-06-2014, 03:05 PM

this thread has gave me a boost

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 03:06 PM

It was bounty.

hibs4thecup1988
I would be willing to contribute £50 a month if genuine and run properly

Phil D. Rolls

It's been no picnic on here lately.

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Thats going off Topic!

Thank you mate

Golden Bear
13-06-2014, 03:07 PM

:tsk tsk:

Just what have you started?

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Thank you mate

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:10 PM

Calm down, guv'nor. Don't get your snickers in a twist!

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Your def at it now! I starting think this a yam more and more with every post

:lolyam:

I don't think so.

Perhaps Global Hibby could drop an admin a PM with a bit more info on who they are, who they are representing and what they are planning and we can verify the authenticity (or otherwise) of this thread?

scuttle
13-06-2014, 03:11 PM
:tsk tsk:

Just what have you started?

ok back on subject im willing to put in a DIME or two

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:12 PM

This is one of those pyramint schemes, isn't it?

Hibs07p
13-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Can I be first to say LTYF.

GGTTH

nribs

two things.

You will never be able to gauge how much money people will pledge on an internet forum. How do you know we are all hibees ;) You joined this month. Do you understand why people are sceptical?

Chibs
Your def at it now! I starting think this a yam more and more with every post

:lolyam:
Seriously?

Hermit Crab
20 pager

emerald green
I have £110 million in my Nigerian account, which is awaiting transfer from my long lost relative as soon as I give them my bank details, you can have the lot!:agree:

:faf: :top marks

nribs

What were they called again those mint pyramids?

patlowe
Can I be first to say LTYF.

GGTTH

Agreed, that's sort of what I was getting at in my post!

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Its good that finally we have a breakaway group at last.

hibbymac
13-06-2014, 03:14 PM

I really think you are leaving yourself open for "abuse" until some "weel kent face" on here vouches for your position. :dunno:

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:15 PM

I think the OP and the posters pledging money are a bunch of spangles.

West Upper
The question I have asked myself is would any credible businessman come on here and state his intent in this manner? I don't for one minute think he would so I dismiss this as a prank. If I'm proved wrong then fair enough but for now I'm out.

easty
I thought talk of a takeover was all chinese Wispa's. But its obviously not

lucky
13-06-2014, 03:16 PM
If only I had not given a £1m to Better Together then I could matched this kind offer. Might just have to bring back Harry to save the Hibs

nribs
13-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I think I have twixed he's a jambo

blackpoolhibs
I met with STF and RP a number of weeks ago in Edinburgh. I was astonished how motivated and passionate STF was about Hibs

Happy to answer your other points in the separate thread for the reasons outlined in my earlier post.

Hobnobbing it then.

Scouse Hibee
The question I have asked myself is would any credible businessman come on here and state his intent in this manner? I don't for one minute think he would so I dismiss this as a prank. If I'm proved wrong then fair enough but for now I'm out.

:agree: This.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Calm down, guv'nor. Don't get your snickers in a twist!

ok back on subject im willing to put in a DIME or two

I think the OP and the posters pledging money are a bunch of spangles.

I thought talk of a takeover was all chinese Wispa's. But its obviously not

Whats this all about, there's no trophy for the winner. I reckon Toby le Rhone is behind all this anyway.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:19 PM
If this buy out works, does anyone think we should appoint Kevin McAllister as manager?

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Whats this all about, there's no trophy for the winner. I reckon Toby le Rhone is behind all this anyway.

Probably. :agree:

He revels in these kind of threads.

Phil D. Rolls
If this buy out works, does anyone think we should appoint Kevin McAllister as manager?

Well, it is Friday.

calder45a
Hobnobbing it then.

:greengrin

nribs
13-06-2014, 03:21 PM

Took me a while....Crunchie

Conrad Gray
I really think you are leaving yourself open for "abuse" until some "week kent face" on here vouches for your position. :dunno:

I believe that I spoke with Global Hibby recently and believe that this a genuine fan attempting to facilitate a regime change.

I have PM'd him for verification and would be happy to vouch for him, if the verification comes back OK.

I am not 'weel kent face' although some of you do know me.

I will let you know when he gets back to me

Hibby70
If you are indeed Richard ....I hope your surname is a well known pickle

Dick Baxter?

blackpoolhibs
Probably. :agree:

He revels in these kind of threads.

Smartie pants.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:22 PM
What were they called again those mint pyramids?

I cannae mind.

Hibs07p
13-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Agreed, that's sort of what I was getting at in my post!

I know, but you should have said it. :greengrin

GGTTH

scuttle
count me in im willing to give it a twirl

J-C
I can't offer a lot just a few buttons.

mixumatosis
13-06-2014, 03:26 PM
I know a guy called Mikey Forrester, he's looking for some cash to do a deal with some russian sailors. If you front me i'll chip in the proceeds yeah ?

<<<<<Insert terrible confectionery pun here>>>>>

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:27 PM
I believe that I spoke with Global Hibby recently and believe that this a genuine fan attempting to facilitate a regime change.

I have PM'd him for verification and would be happy to vouch for him, if the verification comes back OK.

The OP has at least 2 problems.

Would Hibs fans want someone who thought a thread like this was a good idea to gauge support for his plan, to run Hibernian Football Club?

Secondly, and more in keeping with the tone of this discussion, Petrie will just fudge the issue.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Would Hibs fans want someone who thought a thread like this was a good idea to gauge support for his plan, to run Hibernian Football Club?

Secondly, and more in keeping with the tone of this discussion, Petrie will just fudge the issue.

Do you know what, I don't think the thread is that bad an idea as a starter for ten. It's just getting discussion going on the subject (well, it would if those sweetie wives didn't go fruit and nuts on the the puns).

Is that such a bad thing? :dunno:

Heisenberg
13-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Yams all over this thread.

Hibby70
13-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Was sneakily reading this on my phone at work. Too funny though and I started laughing like a wee school kid

Pete
13-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Say no to puns.

matty_f
Yams all over this thread.

That's not even a chocolate!!

Hibbyradge
Do you know what, I don't think the thread is that bad an idea as a starter for ten. It's just getting discussion going on the subject (well, it would if those sweetie wives didn't go fruit and nuts on the the puns).

Maybe you're right and the idea will cause ripples in the Hibernian family.

I'll take a time out in case I've jumped the gun.

Devilstorment

agree

Bostonhibby

Are we talking football club shares or shares in the entity that owns Hibs that protects it from Romanov type scenarios?

Asking because I could be in but you need to have a seller.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Maybe you're right and the idea will cause ripples in the Hibernian family.

I'll take a time out in case I've jumped the gun.

We need people to be searching the galaxy far and wide to get money into the club. I admire his initiative.

If there is genuinely a fan's movement to buy the club then I'd definitely contribute. I think there needs to be more information on the table though - I would be blindly backing someone on the notion that we contribute but don't know any more about how the club would be run, what their ambitions for the club were and how they would ensure that those ambitions were satisfied without risking the club.

Scouse Hibee
13-06-2014, 03:37 PM
The OP will revelling in this, what a delight (Turkish or otherwise) it would be to see hundreds and thousands donated, I hope this is not a scam as that would just take the biscuit and see the OP needing a taxi to make a breakaway before he was clubbed by irate Hibees.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:38 PM
That's not even a chocolate!!

He's right though.

There are a load of folk on this thread who lovehearts.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 03:39 PM

Right on the money, if a SELLER were to emerge, offer and fund raise through the supporters clubs, not open forum web sites. Nae big seller, nae opportunity, simples :-)

We really want to avoid a yamshare vladshare cash only deal if we possibly can.

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 03:41 PM
The OP will revelling in this, what a delight (Turkish or otherwise) it would be to see hundreds and thousands donated, I hope this is not a scam as that would just take the biscuit and see the OP needing a taxi to make a breakaway before he was clubbed by irate Hibees.

:thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
Why do we always have to jump on the yam bandwagon every time someone says something questionable? See it all the time people asking questions and then being accused of being a yam. And no I'm not a hearts fan before I get it haha

matty_f
He's right though.

There are a load of folk on this thread who lovehearts.

I'm not just going to Rolo-ver and accept that's the case.

I personally think the OP is genuine and that we should get back to the subject. Let's see folk put their cards on the table and see if there genuinely is a route to fan ownership.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Does anyone here love hearts?

http://everydaypickings.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/tooslow_wastedrita.gif

Smartie
13-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Say no to puns.

No need to flake out. They're only puns.

number 27
13-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Right on the money, if a SELLER were to emerge, offer and fund raise through the supporters clubs, not open forum web sites. Nae big seller, nae opportunity, simples :-)

We really want to avoid a yamshare vladshare cash only deal if we possibly can.

I thought the seller was already there, does STF not want to sell up?

Oh, and maltesers, freddo frogs etc.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 03:44 PM
http://everydaypickings.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/tooslow_wastedrita.gif

Humbug.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Does anyone here love hearts?

I used to think some of them were okay until someone told me they actually bumped the Lady Haig Poppy fund out of money and they are now rejoicing in being "debt free" without a backward glance. Scotlands shame.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm not just going to Rolo-ver and accept that's the case.

I personally think the OP is genuine and that we should get back to the subject. Let's see folk put their cards on the table and see if there genuinely is a route to fan ownership.

If the OP is genuine and seriously wants to gauge support for his idea, he should discuss the best way of doing so with the admins.

This thread is just a rocky road.

hibees 7062
13-06-2014, 03:47 PM
I should be able to scrape together a couple of million.

lira :greengrin

matty_f
13-06-2014, 03:48 PM
If the OP is genuine and seriously wants to gauge support for his idea, he should discuss the best way of doing so with the admins.

This thread is just a rocky road.

I don't think he needs to run it by the admins, I suggested that PM'ing an admin would help us verify the thread which would hopefully do away with some of the Yam accusations and let folk take it seriously.

nribs
13-06-2014, 03:50 PM
I don't think he needs to run it by the admins, I suggested that PM'ing an admin would help us verify the thread which would hopefully do away with some of the Yam accusations and let folk take it seriously.

The guy could have millions swirling about a bank account but I'd still struggle to take this thread seriously. You just don't post this kind of stuff on a forum.

Mark79

Are you Anne Budge? With a 1 million investment I assume you want 5 million back?

Bostonhibby
I thought the seller was already there, does STF not want to sell up?

Oh, and maltesers, freddo frogs etc.

I am in the dubious position of being a shareholder, and there are nae indications he does unless you can tell me otherwise. Did you get any Vladshares? If so it might explain your ignorance..

number 27
13-06-2014, 03:56 PM
I am in the dubious position of being a shareholder, and there are nae indications he does unless you can tell me otherwise. Did you get any Vladshares? If so it might explain your ignorance..

Whats that supposed to mean?

I am also a shareholder although I don't know what relevance that has :dunno:

You said there needed to be a seller and I was pointing out that it is often mentioned on here that STF is willing to sell although I haven't seen any evidence of that either.

jax67
13-06-2014, 03:57 PM
I could manage £40 a month.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Spoken with a source who knows the OP

He believes this is genuine - I trust this source and have no reason to think he's on the wind up

This could be a very interesting few weeks

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 04:04 PM
How ironic would it be if this chap was the real deal and made his fortune in the confectionary business!

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 04:05 PM
How ironic would it be if this chap was the real deal and made his fortune in the confectionary business!

You saying he's minted?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 04:06 PM

More than likely arrived in a flying saucer.

Beefster
13-06-2014, 04:06 PM

You employ thousands of people and only recently had a meeting with Farmer and Rodders. Yet, you are having to guess how much they want for Hibs and are starting your anonymous campaign on a website with no detail rather than approaching fellow businessmen/institutions?

You need new advisors, I think.

puff the dragon
13-06-2014, 04:07 PM

Ha Ha - the chances of this even being remotely genuine is 1% - and even then if the OP is a successful business chap then he'd be well aware nobody is going to believe it.

It is a 99% probability this has been started by some yam sitting there now with his lad in his hand hoping to get a bite. Sad & obsessed with the Hibs.

scuttle
13-06-2014, 04:08 PM
More than likely arrived in a flying saucer.

What Galaxy are you in

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 04:09 PM
What Galaxy are you in

Somewhere in this milky way? or perhaps Mars?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Could the op maybe be Jimmy Abramovich, from the well known Leith Abramovich's?

Beefster
13-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Could the op maybe be Jimmy Abramovich, from the well known Leith Abramovich's?

It can't be Jimmy but it could be his brother, Richard.

sadtom
13-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Hibs get enough of my cash.
Anyone asking for more can kiss m'ars.

nribs
13-06-2014, 04:13 PM
You employ thousands of people and only recently had a meeting with Farmer and Rodders. Yet, you are having to guess how much they want for Hibs and are starting your anonymous campaign on a website with no detail rather than approaching fellow businessmen/institutions?

It's not thousands it's up to a thousand in 60 different countries.

Crazyhorse
13-06-2014, 04:15 PM

When it comes to the crunch(ie) I think you'll find this joker hasn't got a dime.

Golden Bear
13-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Hibs get enough of my cash.
Anyone asking for more can kiss m'ars.

You better be aware of careless wispas with that kind of talk.

Crazyhorse
13-06-2014, 04:16 PM

You mean a maverick like Mr Wonka?

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 04:18 PM

Its how all big teams do it, in a couple of days time a russian "businessman" with dyed red hair will be greeted by a gap toothed yokel in a shell suit and we will be on our way to a megasuperhotelstadium and winning the champions league by 2008, either that or forgetting to pay for our poppies and bumping the gorgie newsagents out of 40 quid, all big teams do it.

Beefster
13-06-2014, 04:19 PM
It's not thousands it's up to a thousand in 60 different countries.

Quite right. My mistake. I'm sold now.

Scorrie
13-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Ach it takes Allsorts

eezyrider
13-06-2014, 04:21 PM
I think the idea is worth a Twirl.

EZ

Aldo
13-06-2014, 04:22 PM
This thread was bounty get some strange responses all the way from Mars to the Milky Way or maybe from another galaxy!!! Quite a few spangles on here will be in for a marathon time and some may revel in it all. I'm sure the club needs a boost to get morale up and running again but the topic of the thread should be a wispa incase folk are listening in.

Sorry I'll get ma coat cos that was woeful!! :-)

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 04:24 PM
And some folk said there would be nobody interested i buying the club, in fact some said there is not a queue of people out there who'd be interested in Hibs.

Well it must be around 6 or 7 who have expressed an interest in the last week or so.

My preference is still Abramovich.

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 04:27 PM
This thread was bounty get some strange responses all the way from Mars to the Milky Way or maybe from another galaxy!!! Quite a few spangles on here will be in for a marathon time and some may revel in it all. I'm sure the club needs a boost to get morale up and running again but the topic of the thread should be a wispa incase folk are listening in.

Sorry I'll get ma coat cos that was woeful!! :-)

... I have never heard of any sweets by the name of Morale...

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 04:28 PM
And some folk said there would be nobody interested i buying the club, in fact some said there is not a queue of people out there who'd be interested in Hibs.

Well it must be around 6 or 7 who have expressed an interest in the last week or so.

My preference is still Abramovich.

I'm hoping that's still Eric Abramovich from the kebab shop in Dalry, he seemed sincere.

Aldo
13-06-2014, 04:29 PM
... I have never heard of any sweets by the name of Morale...

:-)

Scònaldò
13-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Spoken with a source who knows the OP

He believes this is genuine - I trust this source and have no reason to think he's on the wind up

This could be a very interesting few weeks

Has anybody got a source regarding the credibility of SouthMoroccoStu?

If so, I'm in.

Mark79
13-06-2014, 04:34 PM
There is bounty be something in this.

greenlex
13-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Just tell us who you are. Post as who you are. If you don't you will never be taken seriously. You have nothing to gain posting as Global.

Keith_M
13-06-2014, 04:38 PM

If so, I'm in.

If the OP really IS who I think it is, then he is telling the truth about his business, number of employees, etc.

Don't PM me, as I'm still checking this out.....

Mark79
13-06-2014, 04:40 PM
If the OP really IS who I think it is, then he is telling the truth about his business, number of employees, etc.

Ive just googled him and he comes up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_Wonka

Keith_M
13-06-2014, 04:41 PM

R, why did you decide to post this here first?

There surely must be better ways of guaging interest that wouldn't open you up to the same level of suspicion/abuse.

<this does not count as 'checking this out', just curious ;) >

Gerard
13-06-2014, 04:42 PM

two things.

In the event of Hibs being sold there will be due diligence carried out to make sure that the sale is in the interests of Hibs.

Thecat23
13-06-2014, 04:43 PM
I think I know who this is. Defo a Hibby and defo minted! Think it's not a bad idea to post on a fans forum to see what interest there is.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-06-2014, 04:44 PM

If so, I'm in.

I think he's great

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 04:46 PM

ask, Gary, Jamie, Rod or even STF.

and they will confirm.

i dont want ant publicity and no intention of buying Hibs right now. But i want to show support to the fans. I am fed up with all this negativity about our club and seeing our fans divided.

Keith_M
13-06-2014, 04:46 PM
I think I know who this is. Defo a Hibby and defo minted! Think it's not a bad idea to post on a fans forum to see what interest there is.

Just sent you a PM.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 04:49 PM

and they will confirm.

i dont want ant publicity and no intention of buying Hibs right now. But i want to show support to the fans. I am fed up with all this negativity about our club and seeing our fans divided.

So was your opening post just a hypothetical question then?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 04:49 PM

and they will confirm.

Ask them what?

In my first question, I asked what you wanted to buy out. You said the club. Now, you say that you have no intention of buying the club. You'll understand the confusion, I'm sure.

I neither believe nor disbelieve you, but I'm sure you will understand why people are asking the questions that they are.

MyJo
13-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I wish i had seen this thread earlier, still better getting in on the action with 6 pages done rather than after 8.

1950's hibbie
13-06-2014, 04:53 PM
We certainly do have our fair share of fantasy practisers.

scuttle
13-06-2014, 04:59 PM

and they will confirm.

Could you not just give the new manager whoever it is £I million for new players an we could all chip in with donations as well

Scònaldò
13-06-2014, 04:59 PM
I think he's great

Well count me in, let the revolution begin :greengrin

MyJo
13-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Could you not just give the new manager whoever it is £I million for new players an we could all chip in with donations as well

Can we get the french goalkeeper Ferrero Rocher? they'd be really spoiling us with a signing like that.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Whats that supposed to mean?

I am also a shareholder although I don't know what relevance that has :dunno:

You said there needed to be a seller and I was pointing out that it is often mentioned on here that STF is willing to sell although I haven't seen any evidence of that either.

If there's a sale or another issue you will get notified, and or the chance to buy or sell. Its how it works, and for us concerned Hibbies may give us a wee bit of insight when possible deals like this one come up. In Hibs case it does depend on what's being sold and who by.

Chuck Rhoades
13-06-2014, 05:07 PM
£50 a month.

Conrad Gray
13-06-2014, 05:08 PM

I have confirmed by PM that this is who i thought it was. I can confirm -

- The OP is not a Fruit and Nut case (apologies for keeping the pun going)
- He is originally from Leith and is most definitely a Hibs fan.
- He is keen to assist in progressing our club.

I have no other knowledge of his plan at this time, however am prepared to verify that he is real and not a Yam wind up.

I am keen to see how this progresses.

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 05:12 PM
If there's a sale or another issue you will get notified, and or the chance to buy or sell. Its how it works, and for us concerned Hibbies may give us a wee bit of insight when possible deals like this one come up. In Hibs case it does depend on what's being sold and who by.

I am getting mixture of positive and negative posts. Don't make them personal though as I am being respectful to all posts. Hibs.net has connections and they can check me out. When they confirm I am a genuine mad Hibs fan then we might be able to move forward. I want privacy and please respect that!

I want to help " You " the fans to transform and change our club.

Thank you
Richard

Jones28
13-06-2014, 05:15 PM
I think the idea is worth a Twirl.

EZ

There's Bounty be something in it.

number 27

I am puzzled now. Are you saying that STF has not been seeking a buyer? That goes against what a lot of posters have been saying for quite some while.

Still wondering what you meant with the "Vladshares" comment, any chance of explaining that one.

ancienthibby

I have no other knowledge of his plan at this time, however am prepared to verify that he is real and not a Yam wind up.

Whoever he is/is not, his offering should be to the Hibs fans and not to STF/RP.

That means £1 for these shares and £4.999,999 to the club to invest in new players/infrastructure.

To give a single penny of return to Farmer/Petrie for their complete mismanagement/ underfunding of our club would be utterly criminal.

Keith_M
13-06-2014, 05:17 PM
If you are willing to take my word for it, it seems the guy is genuine.

He's already given his first name but I'm currently respecting his request for privacy, so will leave it up to him.

Spike Mandela
13-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Whoever he is/is not, his offering should be to the Hibs fans and not to STF/RP.

That means £1 for these shares and £4.999,999 to the club to invest in new players/infrastructure.

To give a single penny of return to Farmer/Petrie for their complete mismanagement/ underfunding of our club would be utterly criminal.

You're paying them for what they OWN not their management.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I am getting mixture of positive and negative posts. Don't make them personal though as I am being respectful to all posts. Hibs.net has connections and they can check me out. When they confirm I am a genuine mad Hibs fan then we might be able to move forward. I want privacy and please respect that!

Thank you
Richard

Richard, I'm not understanding whether this is a genuine attempt to gauge interest in order to kick start something to get the club into fan ownership (or similar model), or if it's just you being curious.

I'd respectfully suggest that you'll get far more positive and coherent constructive input if you give more details of what you're actually looking to find out and why. Being cryptic and coy around the issue just leads to people dismissing the question and the thread ends up a load of chocolate puns and folk questioning whether or not the whole thing is just nonsense.

I'm sure everyone will respect your wishes to have privacy, but if you're sounding out potential "investors", you're going to have to help folk out a bit as to what they're getting for their money.

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Is there anyone on here who can confirm who you are.?

ancienthibby
13-06-2014, 05:19 PM
You're paying them for what they OWN not their management.

What they OWN is not worth a penny in the absence of any offer!

GoldenEagle
13-06-2014, 05:20 PM

Thank you
Richard

You'll get some stick on here mate whether your genuine or not (I reckon you are) and a thick skin is required.

I'm sure that there are another one or two like minded Hibs fans who may want to look at becoming part of a consortium.

scuttle
13-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Can we get the french goalkeeper Ferrero Rocher? they'd be really spoiling us with a signing like that.

or his club centre half Bourne Ville

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Ask them what?

In my first question, I asked what you wanted to buy out. You said the club. Now, you say that you have no intention of buying the club. You'll understand the confusion, I'm sure.

I neither believe nor disbelieve you, but I'm sure you will understand why people are asking the questions that they are.
bump

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 05:28 PM
You'll get some stick on here mate whether your genuine or not (I reckon you are) and a thick skin is required.

I'm sure that there are another one or two like minded Hibs fans who may want to look at becoming part of a consortium.

Thick skin is part of being a Hibs Fan as am sure many on here know. Of anyone want to reach out to me once all this he is a Yam, Nutter, Willy Wonka has died down! Great until I am verified as genuine lets focus into how much can we raise !!

Best
Richard

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 05:30 PM

Thank you
Richard

until you get to your 80 millionth post on here you will get accused of being a yam

MyJo
13-06-2014, 05:31 PM
or his club centre half Bourne Ville

His Morroccan teammate, Milkee Bakid, would be a better option. He is strong and tough.

Conrad Gray
13-06-2014, 05:31 PM

PM sent

erin go bragh
13-06-2014, 05:32 PM
If i were minted id do the same . But im not (yet .lol)so ill chuck in a £10 a month for starters . Could we buy out Petries 10 % first ?

Ggtth

Glorious St Pat
13-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Could the Richard be Richard Murray, property developer and nephew of David Murray?

matty_f
13-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Could the Richard be Richard Murray, property developer and nephew of David Murray?

Why don't we just ignore his request for privacy and try and name him.:rolleyes:

Glorious St Pat
13-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Why don't we just ignore his request for privacy and try and name him.:rolleyes:

But admit it, you're dying to know!

Could also be Richard Demarco, an ex-Leither and Holy Cross boy.

Chibs

Apologises to you if I am wrong but I do not believe one single word of your post.

Viva_Palmeiras

Dr Ibonoba that friendly inheritance challenged dude from Nigeria?

matty_f
13-06-2014, 05:39 PM
But admit it, you're dying to know!

Could also be Richard Demarco, an ex-Leither and Holy Cross boy.

Could be I know already :wink:

(I don't!)

The Green Goblin
13-06-2014, 05:40 PM

Beat me to it.

Is it Richard Branson? Or would that be Virgin on the ridiculous?

Yeah, just kidding. GlobalHibby, my suggestion would be to talk to STF about your buyout idea or LD if you simply wanted to invest.

To answer your question though, and with all due respect, if it meant owning a part of Hibs, I would happily confirm what I might contribute when I knew more about whatever the plan was.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Dr Ibonoba that friendly inheritance challenged dude from Nigeria?

Definitely not him, he contacted me a few weeks ago and I gave him all the neccesary details. He will be dealing with no one but me he says.

I am sending him his plane fare so when he arrives I will be sure to check the Hibs deal out.

CB_NO3
13-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I could afford 20 a month. I could also do a cake sale with all profits going to HFC.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Are you Richard Head?

Northernhibee
13-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I would chip in £30 a month.

Conrad Gray
13-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Apologises to you if I am wrong but I do not believe one single word of your post.

I don't expect anyone to take as gospel anything written a forum.

All I am doing is trying to add a bit of verification that the OP exists and is a Hibby.

Time will tell if this comes to anything...........

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I could afford 20 a month. I could also do a cake sale with all profits going to HFC.

I think the cake market is saturated. Maybe we should just move straight to class A drugs?

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Because if you do i will walk away from this and wont return.

people on here know who i am.

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Can you reply to my questions please? I have asked them twice.

I realise that you may have missed them amid all the chocolate :-)

ancienthibby
13-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Whoever you are, you are a pretty amateur negotiator if you advertise your final offer (as you have done) before negotiations begin!!

TheReg!
13-06-2014, 05:56 PM
£30 a month.

tomhorn
13-06-2014, 05:58 PM

I prefer Walter Mitty

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 06:00 PM

Sorry for the cynicism. There's so much trolling goes on that its hard to know who to believe. Nice to see that your credentials have been verified.:aok:

I have to say I'm not daft on fan ownership, but would contribute if there was firm plans and a trustworthy system of governance in place.

Devilstorment
13-06-2014, 06:07 PM

I think matty was being sarcastic towards the other fella who was trying to name you

half.time.draw.
13-06-2014, 06:08 PM

It's the wrong way to do it though, the protest on Saturday could have used this information to help with the way forward.

Pray4Marc
13-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Gut feeling this IMO is a wind up, followed by more yam account holders supporting this claim.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 06:14 PM

Sorry, my post was sarcastic, I was trying to discourage people from doing exactly that.

The Green Goblin
13-06-2014, 06:17 PM

If you are taking offence at an ironic post which was actually supporting your request for privacy, then you won`t last very long as the owner of a large football club and all the baggage that brings with it. Why didn`t you just confirm to the admins who you were from the off, as MF asked, so that they could vouch for you? And really, as much as I love this forum, I really don`t think that hibs.net is the place to launch a serious attempt to figure out how to buy the club.

Approach the club, or the assembled supporters associations (a good time to do that right now), and do things properly and officially if you are serious and all the very best of luck to you if you are and you do. If/when a supporter buyout becomes a realistic possibility, I will be there paying what I can.

Thecat23
13-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Guys this looks to be genuine and from what I'm told, He's serious.

Fully understand folks concerns but if we could maybe just stay on topic just to see who would be interested in investing cash if they can then maybe we can take this forward.

Conrad Gray
13-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Gut feeling this IMO is a wind up, followed by more yam account holders supporting this claim.

Please see my posting history if you have any doubts.......

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Guys this looks to be genuine and from what I'm told, He's serious.

Fully understand folks concerns but if we could maybe just stay on topic just to see who would be interested in investing cash if they can then maybe we can take this forward.
If he is serious then he won't mind answering my reasonable questions. I've asked them three times now.

Once I have his answers I will be better placed to make my own mind up.:-)

Conrad Gray
13-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Is there a reason this has been relegated from the Main Board?

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Global i would be willing to put something to this every month, i have it confirmed that you are a Hibby and trying to do a bit good for the club, hopefully you are not put of with some of the comments on here but you can understand why folk are a sceptical about your post.

If you are genuine about your plans to help Hibs out then we will all be grateful of it.

Cheers Silver.

:aok:

hhibs
13-06-2014, 06:27 PM
£ 40 a month anyway.

GGTTH

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 06:29 PM
If he is serious then he won't mind answering my reasonable questions. I've asked them three times now.

Once I have his answers I will be better placed to make my own mind up.:-)

Cropley

i asked at the beginning to keep this post to the subject and explained my rationale. Did you read this ? Could you help to make that happen please ?

Email your question or better still give me your number and i will call you.

My name is Richard and whats yours ?

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Global i would be willing to put something to this every month, i have it confirmed that you are a Hibby and trying to do a bit good for the club, hopefully you are not put of with some of the comments on here but you can understand why folk are a sceptical about your post.

If you are genuine about your plans to help Hibs out then we will all be grateful of it.

Cheers Silver.

Thank you Silver.

it is saddening to see so many negative comments....i do understand why people are like this !

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Cropley

i asked at the beginning to keep this post to the subject and explained my rationale. Did you read this ? Could you help to make that happen please ?

Email your question or better still give me your number and i will call you.

My name is Richard and whats yours ?

With respect, my questions are relevant to the thread.

I pointed out apparent inconsistencies in what you said. Whether, and how, you clear those up will help people to understand and assess your credibility. As a businessman, I am sure that you understand the need for some sort of diligence.

I'm not going to email them again. I have taken up enough bandwidth with them already. But they are on this thread. Twice.

If you wish, you could PM me with your replies.

Pray4Marc
13-06-2014, 06:37 PM

I pointed out apparent inconsistencies in what you said. Whether, and how, you clear those up will help people to understand and assess your credibility. As a businessman, I am sure that you understand the need for some sort of diligence.

I'm not going to email them again. I have taken up enough bandwidth with them already. But they are on this thread. Twice.

Running multiple businesses and turning over a decent amount (millions). You would expect better communication skills than a teenager, a PR representative at the least. He's had his fun.

hhibs
13-06-2014, 06:53 PM

If you wish, you could PM me with your replies.

Just in case,he may not know how to pm,I didn't till recently and he is new to the forum.

The_Todd
13-06-2014, 06:53 PM

I'm trying to understand this. You want people to pledge a monthly amount to some guy called "Richard" on an internet message board but you don't want them to know who they're giving it to. And you happen to have a million smackers. When people want to know who you are, which is natural when you're being asked for money, you say you'll walk away.

It has "dodgy" written all over it. If this was email that had popped into my mailbox is file it under "Nigerian scam". If you're truly a successful businessman as you claim you'd surely understand this.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Folks we can move this back to the main forum, but can I ask everyone to stick to the forum rules, no personal abuse and if someone sends you a PM, it's bad form to post it on the thread.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Okay, I'm in. When do we get details of the bank account or other escrow account so we can start sending money. Let's get the ball rolling.

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Thank you Silver.

it is saddening to see so many negative comments....i do understand why people are like this !

No pobs GH.

Seems that's the admins have cleared some things up and there will be no abuse heading your way bud.

Some folk may think you are at the wind-up and I'm pretty sure you can understand why, not every day someone pops on to .net and offers £1m to a fan ownership of the club, but good on you for getting the ball rolling and hope to hear more from you over the weekend and more of your plans.

Silver.

MyJo
13-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Okay, I'm in. When do we get details of the bank account or other escrow account so we can start sending money. Let's get the ball rolling.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31200000/Vasa-or-Mooster-card-friends-31213018-545-438.png

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 07:35 PM
No pobs GH.

Seems that's the admins have cleared some things up and there will be no abuse heading your way bud.

Some folk may think you are at the wind-up and I'm pretty sure you can understand why, not every day someone pops on to .net and offers £1m to a fan ownership of the club, but good on you for getting the ball rolling and hope to hear more from you over the weekend and more of your plans.

Silver.

Thanks Silver :-))

would love to be able to see what the fans can raise.

Thats why i offered a starting fund.

Cheers !!

Best,
Richard

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 07:38 PM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31200000/Vasa-or-Mooster-card-friends-31213018-545-438.png

I do not have a nigerian account up and going yet ha ha

i am not setting up any account either in UK or outside. I just wanted to see what could re raise.

But great you are in !!

nribs
13-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Cant wait to hear what Chic I can exclusively reveal Young has to say about this. Never seen as much drivel in my puff.

Spike Mandela
13-06-2014, 07:42 PM
I think our 'friends' in Gorgie have shown that if the media is used correctly, you have a clear goal and the right amount of emotional persuasion is used then people will rally to the cause.

If Global and chums provide a vision I could buy into I would pledge what I could afford, and what the wife would let me.

micksoo
13-06-2014, 07:44 PM
I would contribute

matty_f
13-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Folks, I am comfortable and confident that Richard (Global) is not at the wind-up, and is looking for genuine input here.

With that in mind, can I ask that we keep the thread on topic as much as possible and allow people who want to engage in dialogue with Richard. I am aware of who Richard as though I will respect his request to privacy.

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks Silver :-))

would love to be able to see what the fans can raise.

Thats why i offered a starting fund.

Cheers !!

Best,
Richard

Maybe you could PM a admin (MattyF) to clarify what the plan is and see if you could get something arranged to see if there is a chance of this happening.

Silver.

aberhibsfc
13-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Count me in as long as I get a shot of being Manager, my football manager record is exemplary!

in all seriousness right now, I could contribute around 10-20 a month. The belt is a bit tight at the moment

Mine too, but lbs not £'s.

hhibs
13-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Folks, I am comfortable and confident that Richard (Global) is not at the wind-up, and is looking for genuine input here.

With that in mind, can I ask that we keep the thread on topic as much as possible and allow people who want to engage in dialogue with Richard. I am aware of who Richard as though I will respect his request to privacy.

Good enough for me ,count me in Richard.

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
13-06-2014, 07:53 PM
I do not have a nigerian account up and going yet ha ha

i am not setting up any account either in UK or outside. I just wanted to see what could re raise.

But great you are in !!

Glad I welcomed you when you joined the messageboard :greengrin

Any serious fundraiser and I'm in :agree:

nribs
13-06-2014, 07:57 PM

So an open forum full of Jambos and we are wanting to gauge how much money folk would pledge per month to raise 5 million. And that's just to buy out possibly? Ok

Scònaldò
I'd be in... If this indeed is genuine :confused:

ruthven_raiders
If this is genuine i am in too, but like a lot of people on here have paid over £800 for family season tickets already but willing to put in a little more each month.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 08:00 PM
So an open forum full of Jambos and we are wanting to gauge how much money folk would pledge per month to raise 5 million. And that's just to buy out possibly? Ok

Full of jambos? Really?

It's just a starting point from what I gather, I don't think anyone's going to go "right, I've got a load of donations on hibs.net, including tons at £51 for some reason, so I'll just go and arrange a meeting with STF now, that'll do."

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Glad I welcomed you when you joined the messageboard :greengrin

Any serious fundraiser and I'm in :agree:

Ha ha that made me laugh after all the personal abuse i got.

the thread has gone of subject. I have asked Admin if they can help me.

I suggest we all start afresh.

More later

Jonnyboy
13-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Ha ha that made me laugh after all the personal abuse i got.

the thread has gone of subject. I have asked Admin if they can help me.

I suggest we all start afresh.

More later

Aldo
I will be more than happy to contribute.

nribs

and they will confirm.

i dont want ant publicity and no intention of buying Hibs right now. But i want to show support to the fans. I am fed up with all this negativity about our club and seeing our fans divided.if you don't want to buy Hibs have you thought
about starting a managers fund? 1million plus 20k per month plus other pledges we could build a real good team

lucky
13-06-2014, 08:02 PM
If it's genuine I'm in for £50-£100 a month

whiskyhibby
13-06-2014, 08:03 PM

For that sort of investment I would have thought that you would have been making a direct approach to other well connected and financed Hibbies rather than a general appeal on this board, have you spoken to Paul Kane?

HibbyAndy
13-06-2014, 08:03 PM
£100 a month from me.

nribs
13-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Full of jambos? Really?

It's just a starting point from what I gather, I don't think anyone's going to go "right, I've got a load of donations on hibs.net, including tons at £51 for some reason, so I'll just go and arrange a meeting with STF now, that'll do."
Yes really. I'm asking how we are meant to gauge how much money can be raised. People need to know a plan. Realise it's meant to be a starting point I'm still sceptical sorry.

erin go bragh
13-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm trying to understand this. You want people to pledge a monthly amount to some guy called "Richard" on an internet message board but you don't want them to know who they're giving it to. And you happen to have a million smackers. When people want to know who you are, which is natural when you're being asked for money, you say you'll walk away.

It has "dodgy" written all over it. If this was email that had popped into my mailbox is file it under "Nigerian scam". If you're truly a successful businessman as you claim you'd surely understand this.

Pledge being the word . Its not as if he is asking for our bank details ! Quite a few posters have confirmed the guy is a genuine Hibby . Give the guy a break plz .

Ggtth

Leith Green
13-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Would gladly put 50 quid a month into a fund, wether for transfers or as part of a fan ownership, know lots and lots of guys who would do the same

Leith Green
13-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Some of the responses on this board are totally cringey at times...

trev the hat
13-06-2014, 08:13 PM

Pffftttt LTYF