PDA

View Full Version : Buy out Fund

Pages : 1 [2]

Eaststand
13-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Thank you Silver.

it is saddening to see so many negative comments....i do understand why people are like this !

GH, if this aint a windup, you're now top of my Xmas card list. You seem to have a few of this boards ''respected'' posters saying they know who you are and that you're for real, so if that is the case, I'd be happy to contribute 25 quid a month.

I know there are plenty more Hibbys like me who'd do the same, but as you'd no doubt say yourself if you were reading your own offer, we'd need to know you're serious bud.

Can someone please pm me with some more info about GH so I can then convince my mates that this might be real

GGTTH

frazeHFC
13-06-2014, 08:14 PM
I should be able to scrape together a couple of million.

:tee hee:

Hibernia Na Eir
13-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Think I'll stick to my monthly Hibernians direct debit.

nribs
13-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Some of the responses on this board are totally cringey at times...

How is that?

my left peg
13-06-2014, 08:19 PM
I would contribute £50 a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacomo
13-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Because if you do i will walk away from this and wont return.

people on here know who i am.

Blimey. S*** just got real.

andy1875
13-06-2014, 08:22 PM
GH if this is a genuine buyout then good on you, that's plenty dough in anyone's books.

I'd be more than happy to contribute monthly. Probably around £20.

GGTTH

Squealing pig
13-06-2014, 08:22 PM
40 a month

Sweep
13-06-2014, 08:26 PM
I will pledge £50-£70 a month. For a transfer fund preferably, but buy out as well.

Leith Green
13-06-2014, 08:28 PM
How is that?

Because i find some peoples response to certain things to be embarrassing at times, especially when its taking the mickey out of how they have worded something, rather than the point they are actually making. And also i find peoples obsession with posts being yams on the wind up as being strange.

That okay with you?

nribs
13-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Because i find some peoples response to certain things to be embarrassing at times, especially when its taking the mickey out of how they have worded something, rather than the point they are actually making. And also i find peoples obsession with posts being yams on the wind up as being strange.

That okay with you?

It's fine with me I was asking why you thought they were cringeworthy which you have explained. I guess that's ok with you?

Golden Bear
13-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Elaborate sting or a master Net wind up? Surely our trusted Admins would never permit such a thing? Or would they?!

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 08:39 PM
if you don't want to buy Hibs have you thought
about starting a managers fund? 1million plus 20k per month plus other pledges we could build a real good team

Yes I have thought about that and I like the concept of it.

Biggie
13-06-2014, 08:39 PM
£50 per month

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Elaborate sting or a master Net wind up? Surely our trusted Admins would never permit such a thing? Or would they?!
They have checked me out and is not a wind up.

California-Hibs
13-06-2014, 08:40 PM
If this is real then I'd contribute 50 - 100 a month.

California-Hibs
13-06-2014, 08:41 PM
They have checked me out and is not a wind up.

So when can we expect to hear more about this getting off the ground pal?

Soldiersteve
13-06-2014, 08:41 PM
:tee hee:

I could probably raise a million too...

nribs
13-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Yes I have thought about that and I like the concept of it.

I much prefer the sound of this obviously there would have to be some safeguards put in place. 2m a year in pledges would help immensely to having a competitive team on the park.

One Day Soon
What were they called again those mint pyramids?

This thread needs to get back on subject. I think they may have been called Mintolas.

Global Hibby
For that sort of investment I would have thought that you would have been making a direct approach to other well connected and financed Hibbies rather than a general appeal on this board, have you spoken to Paul Kane?

I came on here to connect with Hjbs fan first and foremost. Paul is one of them and I believe we are going to speak soon.

Gordy M
13-06-2014, 08:48 PM
GH i dont think fan ownership works, unless you have a huge support, eg barca, but thats my own opinion. I would definitely contribute to buy a share of the club, say a percentage, as long as the funds from that sale and subsequent monies went straight to the transfer/wages budget.

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 08:51 PM
So when can we expect to hear more about this getting off the ground pal?

I am being asked so many questions privately and on open forum.

i will put all the questions together and then circulate them....maybe admin can help!with this ??

i do have a vision for Hibs and I will happily share that.... But first we need to get the questions together.....We can not find solutions to problems until we all identify the questions.

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 08:51 PM
GH i dont think fan ownership works, unless you have a huge support, eg barca, but thats my own opinion. I would definitely contribute to buy a share of the club, say a percentage, as long as the funds from that sale and subsequent monies went straight to the transfer/wages budget.

They wouldn't, though. If you buy a share of the club, the money goes to the current shareholders.

Gordy M
13-06-2014, 08:53 PM
They wouldn't, though. If you buy a share of the club, the money goes to the current shatreholders.
Ah right im no financial expert mate, could that not be a condition of sale if u had agreement from shareholders? Im sorry i really dont know how it works, id just like the money to help the playing side of things rather than have total fan ownership.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Ah right im no financial expert mate, could that not be a condition of sale if u had agreement from shareholders? Im sorry i really dont know how it works, id just like the money to help the playing side of things rather than have total fan ownership.

I suppose what would be ideal is that whoever buys the club agrees a price that leaves them with enough residual cash to be able to plough it into the first team.:agree:

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2014, 08:56 PM

It's a two-pronged thing you're talking about. £xm for the current shareholders, and £ym for a player fund.

If you want fans' money to go to a playing fund only, then there will be no change of ownership in the way that has been suggested.

Gordy M
13-06-2014, 08:58 PM
I suppose what would be ideal is that whoever buys the club agrees a price that leaves them with enough residual cash to be able to plough it into the first team.:agree:
Yeh that make more sense matty, cheers.

Gordy M
13-06-2014, 08:59 PM
It's a two-pronged thing you're talking about. £xm for the current shareholders, and £ym for a player fund.

If you want fans' money to go to a playing fund only, then there will be no change of ownership in the way that has been suggested.
Thanks cwg, makes sense, cheers for explaining.

Iain G
13-06-2014, 08:59 PM
I think our 'friends' in Gorgie have shown that if the media is used correctly, you have a clear goal and the right amount of emotional persuasion is used then people will rally to the cause.

If Global and chums provide a vision I could buy into I would pledge what I could afford, and what the wife would let me.

They would have to get their strategy and tictacs right for this to work though...

DaveF
13-06-2014, 09:00 PM
I am being asked so many questions privately and on open forum.

i will put all the questions together and then circulate them....maybe admin can help!with this ??

i do have a vision for Hibs and I will happily share that.... But first we need to get the questions together.....We can not find solutions to problems until we all identify the questions.

Aye maybe we can. Right after you transfer £20,000 into our paypal account to show us you mean business.

Details provided upon request.

Ta.

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 09:06 PM

Its a really interesting area........there is a belief that volume produces economies as in Barcelona model. Great subject for debate and the other model you mention is also.

Hibs and Barcelona have a history....maybe we should reach out to them and find out in detail how there model wprks.

am sure there are Hibs fans on this site who have skills sets to analyse the Barcelona model and see the positives and negatives. If you and others on here can help me find the people with the skills to do the review. I think i could get a meeting in Barcelona.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Its a really interesting area........there is a belief that volume produces economies as in Barcelona model. Great subject for debate and the other model you mention is also.

Hibs and Barcelona have a history....maybe we should reach out to them and find out in detail how there model wprks.

am sure there are Hibs fans on this site who have skills sets to analyse the Barcelona model and see the positives and negatives. If you and others on here can help me find the people with the skills to do the review. I think i could get a meeting in Barcelona.

If you're needing anyone else to come out to Barca (all expenses paid probably) to help with anything just gies' a shout, I'm sure I'm off work that day.:greengrin

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 09:14 PM
They would have to get their strategy and tictacs right for this to work though...

Vision is a big subject and means different things to different people.......one part of my vision is ......i believe Pat Stanton a was world class footballer. Gordon Smith, according to my dad was...to my mind there were many Hibs players who were world class over 50.60 and early 70's

Do i need to recite the games and results to remind us of those days...i think not as its in our history.

One part of my vision is that Hibs can produce world class players in the future.

We did it then and we do it again.

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Ha ha that made me laugh after all the personal abuse i got.

the thread has gone of subject. I have asked Admin if they can help me.

I suggest we all start afresh.

More later

quite embarrassing reading all the 'puns' for the first several pages, hopefully you start getting some genuine responses from now on :aok:

p.s. how are yi fixed guv

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 09:17 PM
If you're needing anyone else to come out to Barca (all expenses paid probably) to help with anything just gies' a shout, I'm sure I'm off work that day.:greengrin

We can go to dunfermline together and look at how their model is doing whilst the experts go to Barcelona i will fund that trip for us alongside funding the Barca trip :flag:

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Aye maybe we can. Right after you transfer £20,000 into our paypal account to show us you mean business.

Details provided upon request.

Ta.

Ha ha is it in Nigeria:na na:

tell you what have the admins set up an escrow account and i will put 100k in it immediately.

HH81
13-06-2014, 09:28 PM
This is just getting silly.

pontius pilate
13-06-2014, 09:32 PM
I am willing to contribute to this wouldnt be much £20 PM

DaveF
13-06-2014, 09:35 PM

tell you what have the admins set up an escrow account and i will put 100k in it immediately.

Sorry GH, I am but a mere .net Admin not a fricking financial wizard who sets up accounts for £100,000 drops.

You can afford the charges. Just stick the £20,000 into our paypal and then folks will know your intentions.

I'll keep an eye on the balance :wink:

California-Hibs
13-06-2014, 09:36 PM
In his last few responses he's gave himself away big time.

BroxburnHibee
13-06-2014, 09:40 PM

I've been working all day so just catching up and I appreciate you may be inundated with messages but was just wondering? Why are you looking to place a considerable sum in trust through this site?

Surely any serious businessman would be able to set this up quite easily without our help. You could quite easily use this site to communicate your intentions which (if serious) we would happily help with.

Bit puzzled by all this and apologies if this has been answered already.

Dave-O
13-06-2014, 09:41 PM
This is just getting silly.

How so.....it's been established that GH is genuine, or is it silly for us fans to dream of helping our proud club to get back to where she rightfully belongs., so much negatively surrounding us, has been for years, I for one would be willing to help financially in any small way I can.

Thecat23
13-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Best thing I think for now is get as many on board as possible. GH can then have an idea of how many at least from hibs net would be interested.

He can then put across a business structure and if it looks good I'm sure the ones who want change will do their very best to try help. Then through word of mouth and media mod fans may find this is the way forward and also get behind him.

nribs
13-06-2014, 09:43 PM
We can go to dunfermline together and look at how their model is doing whilst the experts go to Barcelona i will fund that trip for us alongside funding the Barca trip :flag:

I'm in Dunfermline. They don't have a model :)

Thecat23
13-06-2014, 09:44 PM
How so.....it's been established that GH is genuine, or is it silly for us fans to dream of helping our proud club to get back to where she rightfully belongs., so much negatively surrounding us, has been for years, I for one would be willing to help financially in any small way I can.

This. I myself would help Hibs if I can. I've had enough of the way the club is run and the way we don't have a vision. Now is the time for change and if we have a willing investor with the best interests of Hibernian at heart I'm 100% behind it.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I've been working all day so just catching up and I appreciate you may be inundated with messages but was just wondering? Why are you looking to place a considerable sum in trust through this site?

Surely any serious businessman would be able to set this up quite easily without our help. You could quite easily use this site to communicate your intentions which (if serious) we would happily help with.

It's a service business banking departments can easily do for businesses with accounts held with them, or client banking services offer their wealthier customers.

Or you can just give it to your lawyer to hold in trust on that basis.

nribs
13-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Best thing I think for now is get as many on board as possible. GH can then have an idea of how many at least from hibs net would be interested.

He can then put across a business structure and if it looks good I'm sure the ones who want change will do their very best to try help. Then through word of mouth and media mod fans may find this is the way forward and also get behind him.

I'm not against the guy. Ok I'm still a bit sceptical but what is it we are to get on board with? I'm still unsure. I read he doesn't want to buy hibs. My heids frazzled

Lmc2105
13-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Am 100% behind this and I will put the question to our members. As TheCat says GH is putting in investment to change the running of our club

Thecat23
13-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Sorry bud, I was meaning if we can invest into the club to make it better then do it. I'd rather the owner was bought out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinello59
13-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Am 100% behind this and I will put the question to our members. As TheCat says GH is putting in investment to change the running of our club

So do you know the plan then?

BroxburnHibee
13-06-2014, 09:49 PM
It's a service business banking departments can easily do for businesses with accounts held with them, or client banking services offer their wealthier customers.

Or you can just give it to your lawyer to hold in trust on that basis.

Which heightens my suspicions.

Dave called him out as a way of finding out if he was serious - he's replied with an offer for this site to do something we won't be doing.

Perhaps he knew we'd refuse - not sure.

Sweep
13-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Maybe one of the admins could start a poll to gage how much people would be willing to pay out monthly.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Bizarre thread:confused:

marinello59
13-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Maybe one of the admins could start a poll to gage how much people would be willing to pay out monthly.

Maybe you could do it.

bighairyfaeleith
13-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I have no idea what to make of this thread.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Sweep
13-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Maybe I don't know how to. :greengrin

Global Hibby
13-06-2014, 10:10 PM

thanks for your post and general reply to many other posters and mail.

i thought we had got by all the negativity, suspicious now that i have been verified. I was asked to put 20k into a PayPal account...no explanation behind it either in terms of where does the 20k go.

Nominate someone from the site to jointly sign an escrow account with me and hopefully that will kill another number of threads on here.

your one was fine BH :-)

NAE NOOKIE
13-06-2014, 10:15 PM
About to retire from work so will have a lot less dosh than I used to ....... max £10 per month from me I'm afraid.

Even then I would need a hell of a lot more info first :aok:

SunshineOnLeith
13-06-2014, 10:18 PM
11 pages and counting of bites, pretty good work for a WUM.

I predict it will reach 15 pages before he'll announce he's decided against investing due to the negativity of Hibs.net. And shame on all of us.

Strange timing though. Mate, the World Cup is on, I don't see how you're this bored.

bighairyfaeleith
13-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Ok I will play, I can do £100 a month.

Would need details before I actually gave any cash but in theory I could spare it.

tamig
13-06-2014, 10:33 PM
11 pages and counting of bites, pretty good work for a WUM.

I predict it will reach 15 pages before he'll announce he's decided against investing due to the negativity of Hibs.net. And shame on all of us.

Strange timing though. Mate, the World Cup is on, I don't see how you're this bored.

Yawn. Have you read the thread? A lot of folk have vouched for the guy. Why would he want to wind up fellow Hibbies? You're struck by the general negative malaise that's infected a lot of us over the past few years. This could be the start of something exciting. Embrace it instead of trying to drown it in your pish.

Cropley10
13-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Should be able to organise an escrow on Monday, via a third-party in Edinburgh legal sector.

Could also do £25 per month. :aok:

stoneyburn hibs
13-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Cloak and Dagger doesn't work for me.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Gut feeling this IMO is a wind up, followed by more yam account holders supporting this claim.

Someone has a different view point than mine = must be a jambo!

No one supporting the OPs claims is unsupported

Give him a chance and hear him out

From what I know, he is genuine

exHIBition
13-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Contact the club, sit down with the men in the suits, crunch some numbers and make your investment. Open your wallet and let the cash talk.

Shore Thing
13-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Vision is a big subject and means different things to different people.......one part of my vision is ......i believe Pat Stanton a was world class footballer. Gordon Smith, according to my dad was...to my mind there were many Hibs players who were world class over 50.60 and early 70's

One part of my vision is that Hibs can produce world class players in the future.

We did it then and we do it again.

This is a vision I could buy into, Global Hibby. I'm in. Can't afford much to start with but will do what I can. Cheers!

FranckSuzy
13-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Is this related to Hibernian Retro in any way?

gorgie greens
13-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Some of the responses on this board are totally cringey at times...

Agree 100% ,and im more than happy to pledge £50 /month,
Good luck Richard and hope this comes off because until Petrie sees pound notes he wont be going anywhere

calder45a
13-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Want to believe in this.
Likely to turn out being Turkish delight.
Loved to be proved wrong.

Juice-Terry
13-06-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm in as well. Don't know for how much (and exactly what for), but I'm in.

SunshineOnLeith
13-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Is this related to Hibernian Retro in any way?

Very similar posting style right enough.

T-shirt sales must be going well! :greengrin

woodyloon
13-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Yawn. Have you read the thread? A lot of folk have vouched for the guy. Why would he want to wind up fellow Hibbies? You're struck by the general negative malaise that's infected a lot of us over the past few years. This could be the start of something exciting. Embrace it instead of trying to drown it in your pish.

My worry is, Hibs have hit an all time low. But I now feel there is something happening at Hibs, a foundation being put in place by LD, and I,m not sure if I want it all put up in the air.
It has been a long time since I've felt any confidence in an employee at Hibs, and I feel she can build a solid base for Hibs for years to come.

libernian
14-06-2014, 12:03 AM
think its pretty cool and original that the guy (if genuine which told he is) has come on here and spoke with fans directly, and in a transparent way (i.e. an open internet forum)...

i would contribute but would want to hear the rest of the plans like ownership and voting structure etc first.

libernian
14-06-2014, 12:03 AM
My worry is, Hibs have hit an all time low. But I now feel there is something happening at Hibs, a foundation being put in place by LD, and I,m not sure if I want it all put up in the air.
It has been a long time since I've felt any confidence in an employee at Hibs, and I feel she can build a solid base for Hibs for years to come.

she wouldnt have to be sacked though.. get your point tho

The Green Goblin
14-06-2014, 12:19 AM

I have a good friend who is a supporters rep on the Barca board.

The model works for Barca because of the level of money they can count on from winning things and vast sponsorship. They are tens of millions in debt. Not an option for Hibs imho.

As a company owner with a presence in sixty countries, wouldn't you want to do an analysis yourself, if so much of your money was at stake? (Genuine question, before I get slaughtered on here by others for daring to ask you a question like that). Cheers.

Stuarty27
14-06-2014, 12:56 AM
if a supporter buy out was legit,

i would contribute minimum of 100 a month

Hermit Crab
14-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Providing you are genuine id be interested but you say you love the club and are fed up with the way it's being run? That's fine but you say you will walk away never to return. Surely if you've got cash on the hip then if you love the club that much then you wouldn't give a rats ass what other people think you'd just go ahead with your plan anyway? :dunno::confused:

Ozyhibby
14-06-2014, 01:15 AM
This has the potential to be the best thread in Hibs.net history.
Put me down for £20 a month.
:-))

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 01:21 AM
I consider mysel a healthy cynic, hence why I question the veracity of someone who only joined the board 16 days ago, pledging a million pounds?

.Sean.
14-06-2014, 02:45 AM
I could spare 3-400 a month.

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 02:52 AM
I could spare 3-400 a month.

I could sell the hoose and donate the proceeds from that

Anybody put me and the misses up for about 20 years?

.Sean.
14-06-2014, 03:32 AM
I could sell the hoose and donate the proceeds from that

Anybody put me and the misses up for about 20 years?
Haha. The joys of being young and not having any outgoings.

zolliehibs
14-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Work in finance myself (hence the early awakening) and find the method of submitting interest in the club strange. But honestly we're all looking for a little hope to cling onto at this point considering the way our season went, and if GH truly has the answer, he's worth hearing out. The official channels will get wind of it soon enough if it's the real deal.

Beefster
14-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Work in finance myself (hence the early awakening) and find the method of submitting interest in the club strange. But honestly we're all looking for a little hope to cling onto at this point considering the way our season went, and if GH truly has the answer, he's worth hearing out. The official channels will get wind of it soon enough if it's the real deal.

According to the OP, he's already had meetings with Farmer and Rodders a couple of weeks ago. Presumably, they (and the powers that be at Hibs) will know exactly who he is.

Gustavo Fring
14-06-2014, 06:28 AM
if this is for real i would put at least £100 a month

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 06:41 AM
The Yams will be rolling about laughing at us being so gullible.

Just as we did with them and Romanov.

I know we are looking for some miraculous occurrence to make all our problems go away, but common sense tells you surely that this isn't,t it:fuming:

stokesmessiah
14-06-2014, 06:43 AM

I know we are looking for some miraculous occurrence to make all our problems go away, but common sense tells you surely that this isn't,t it:fuming:

:agree:

Phoenix
14-06-2014, 06:55 AM
According to the OP, he's already had meetings with Farmer and Rodders a couple of weeks ago. Presumably, they (and the powers that be at Hibs) will know exactly who he is.

...... and told him to get straight on to .net & gauge interest in this, very likely aye! :wink:

jacomo
14-06-2014, 06:56 AM

Makes complete sense to keep his identity from us then. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-06-2014, 07:10 AM
I'll keep an open mind on this until more is revealed.

what puzzles me is timing and execution.

Straight to the forums makes me wonder if it's a move to get in ahead of other parties. Maybe got wind of another parties movements?

If I were potentially "investing" I'd wait to see what the options and offerings were before pledging to one or another esp where plans/details were scant.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-06-2014, 07:13 AM
In these financially straightened times I salute pledges of £100+ but do wonder how sustainable these levels would be going forward

Pete
14-06-2014, 07:22 AM

Are we?

Maybe on the pitch we could do with something happening but it's not as if we are anything like hearts who were begging for money and didn't have a clue about their ownership situation and what was happening next.
We are in an extremely stable condition, have another party who are proposing an ownership model and now this guy who supposedly wants to propose something.

If any hearts fans are laughing or are part of any wind up then they are going about it the wrong way. Their fan ownership model was forced upon them as they had no option, and their pledges will be high due to the life and death nature. This will just be another alternative for ourselves and one that not everyone will agree with.

I know the guy has said he's doing it because he loves the club but I believe that it's more likely to be genuine than an elaborate wind-up due to our healthy status and infrastructure. Almost any other club and I would think the opposite.

Edit: I'm afraid I'm skintoid just now but good luck.

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 07:28 AM
In these financially straightened times I salute pledges of £100+ but do wonder how sustainable these levels would be going forward

I pledge the OP's original 1 million and 30,000 a month.......see it is easy, and where else would you believe such pledges without any doubt at all, but on an Internet forum where anonymity rules?

Excuse, me the phone is ringing, and I must answer it, it's probably Jose Murhino calling in to see if I want to go for a couple of pints.

marinello59
14-06-2014, 07:29 AM

In my case it would be up until the point Mrs M59 found out. :greengrin

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Are we?

I know the guy has said he's doing it because he loves the club but I believe that it's more likely to be genuine than an elaborate wind-up due to our healthy status and infrastructure.

Peter, with the greatest of respect, if you believe this is genuine, can I interest you in a very good deal to buy the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

If you forward your bank account details to me by email etc

bighairyfaeleith
14-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Does it matter if the OP is genuine?

The OP has raised an interesting issue, lots of posters have said they would be interested in paying money on a regular basis to the club, but under what terms?

Personally I'm not interested in buying out shareholders but I am interested in boosting the clubs transfer/wages fund. So I would love a scheme where we can directly contribute towards a managers fund. I don't really care if the OP is a fat jambo currently spanking his incredibly small monkey in front of his computer, if we can make something come of this then they are just an irrelevant fat mess.

What would other people consider contributing to?

Bostonhibby
14-06-2014, 07:38 AM
I pledge the OP's original 1 million and 30,000 a month.......see it is easy, and where else would you believe such pledges without any doubt at all, but on an Internet forum where anonymity rules?

Excuse, me the phone is ringing, and I must answer it, it's probably Jose Murhino calling in to see if I want to go for a couple of pints.

I would have believed every word of that if it wasn't for the fact that Jose only drinks egg nog out of a sherry glass, seen it with my own eyes when I was playing him at cribbage the other night. He was tight lipped on comimg to Hibs as part of the global revolution though.

bighairyfaeleith
14-06-2014, 07:42 AM

Thats not how you spell mourinho, you are clearly a yam imposter, admins launch him please:greengrin

One Day
14-06-2014, 07:43 AM
I am totally skint but on payday I could probably spare £20.

Get Wonga loan

#FromTheCapital
14-06-2014, 07:47 AM

The OP has raised an interesting issue, lots of posters have said they would be interested in paying money on a regular basis to the club, but under what terms?

Personally I'm not interested in buying out shareholders but I am interested in boosting the clubs transfer/wages fund. So I would love a scheme where we can directly contribute towards a managers fund. I don't really care if the OP is a fat jambo currently spanking his incredibly small monkey in front of his computer, if we can make something come of this then they are just an irrelevant fat mess.

Have you considered the kicks for kids scheme?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?280410-Kicks-For-Kids-Fundraiser-2014-15-31-Season-Tickets-Bought-So-Far

All money raised goes towards buying season tickets thus boosting the manager/player fund. And the tickets are given to loads of kids who wouldn't normally be able to go to games.

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Thats not how you spell mourinho, you are clearly a yam imposter, admins launch him please:greengrin

Fair cop,guv

I'll go quietly

southsider
14-06-2014, 07:48 AM

Best way to due this is through buying Kids for Kicks season tickets. Contact Suzy and she will keep you right.

bingo70
14-06-2014, 07:53 AM
I don't mean this as an insult to those involved with kick for kids as they're doing a great job, however I don't think it's the same thing or at least until it's marketed properly it's not.

I think what people are looking for is something like what was set up by the foundation of hearts, that's not how kick for kids has been sold.

Hibrandenburg
14-06-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm not sure if fan ownership is the way forward or if GH is genuine or not, however if we do decide to go down this route then I'd go about it slightly different.

This would need to be approved by STF but if he's serious when he says that he'd consider any offer then maybe this or something similar is worth looking at.

Set up a system where fans buy shares in the club when they buy their tickets and the proceeds are banked until the required amount is reached. This may take years but it's a way forward and will insure that those who actually attend the games have an equitable stake in the club and financial reason to get behind the team.

How it works:

Instead of making pledges fans would be given the choice, either buy normal priced tickets that attract no shares or tickets with a surcharge of say £10 giving them 1 share in the club. The same could apply to season tickets with maybe the added bonus of receiving 15 shares for a £100 surcharge. Overseas fans or armchair fans could be allowed to simply buy shares for €10 a shot.

Like I said it might take years but imo it's a system that is transparent and will allow those who can't afford to make a monthly pledge the chance to get involved where and when they can.

Thoughts?

Pete
14-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Peter, with the greatest of respect, if you believe this is genuine, can I interest you in a very good deal to buy the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

If you forward your bank account details to me by email etc

I don't know but what would be the point of a wind-up in this fashion?

A hearts fan who is just waiting to say "look at how we stuck together while you hardly contributed to this. Wee team blah blah"? That would be pointless as we're comparing apples and oranges.

I'll PM you about the bridge.

Gustavo Fring
Best way to due this is through buying Kids for Kicks season tickets. Contact Suzy and she will keep you right.

rod wont hand over his stake in exchange for season tickets

he will be looking for hard cash

matty_f
Who gives a flying one what the Yams on nevergottheirsharesback think? If you're that fragile then don't read their forum.
Nobody here is committing to anything and at this point it's just hypothetical so what would it matter if it's genuine or not.

What a pish wind up that would be - "I got those hobos to say they'd pay monthly to buy the club like we did megalolz".

Hibrandenburg
14-06-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure if fan ownership is the way forward or if GH is genuine or not, however if we do decide to go down this route then I'd go about it slightly different.

This would need to be approved by STF but if he's serious when he says that he'd consider any offer then maybe this or something similar is worth looking at.

Set up a system where fans buy shares in the club when they buy their tickets and the proceeds are banked until the required amount is reached. This may take years but it's a way forward and will insure that those who actually attend the games have an equitable stake in the club and financial reason to get behind the team.

How it works:

Instead of making pledges fans would be given the choice, either buy normal priced tickets that attract no shares or tickets with a surcharge of say £10 giving them 1 share in the club. The same could apply to season tickets with maybe the added bonus of receiving 15 shares for a £100 surcharge. Oversees fans or armchair fans could be allowed to simply buy shares for €10 a shot.

Like I said it might take years but imo it's a system that is transparent and will allow those who can't afford to make a monthly pledge the chance to get involved where and when they can.

Thoughts?

#FromTheCapital
14-06-2014, 08:07 AM
I don't mean this as an insult to those involved with kick for kids as they're doing a great job, however I don't think it's the same thing or at least until it's marketed properly it's not.

I think what people are looking for is something like what was set up by the foundation of hearts, that's not how kick for kids has been sold.

I'm sure there's rules on how it can be marketed and sold. Franck Suzy will be able to give full details. I understand that's what people are looking for, however as that something doesn't exist at the moment then this is a great alternative.

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2014, 08:08 AM

Ive heard of such a fund. It used to be called admission money. Or, am I missing something?

madhibby
14-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I would be prepared to contribute at around (as a starter) £100 per month.

However there is lots I would require to know particularly:

what is the money for?
how much do STF and Rod Petrie want to sell the club (I understand STF will not be difficult to deal with?) and is the monies for achieving a change of ownership?
what is the ownership model - is it some wealthy individuals plus a % fan owned?

I still feel this is the wrong place to start this sort of discussion (hence lots of scepticism that this is a wind up) and it would be better to establish some principles first.

chippy
14-06-2014, 08:14 AM
I am up for full/ partial fan ownership within the framework of a model that guarantees stadium and land can not be hived off and is owned in perpetuity by the fans. I would diverge from the FOH in that any membership scheme starts up with a one off fee. On that basis and respecting one member one vote I would be up for a £500 joining fee pp and £120 per annum thereafter. That would be an initial capital sum in the 1st year of £3.1 million assuming 5000 members and a rolling £600k per annum if this was the default fee. Of course additional monies from more generous members could enable them to have some extra fringe benefits
(How about EM, ER and now Pilton having health club type facilities that members could enjoy?). So GH I'm up for this but the principle of 1 member 1 vote is needed to democratise the club and get mass support and engagement. The membership ought to elect a President and VP or indeed a full slate to comprise a Board. They submit themselves for re-election at an agreed time frame.
The board hire the CEO and in partnership the manager/DoF etc. If GH or Kano are proposing something like this I'm all up for it.Kano seems to have got his act together first but who is to say this could not be a combined 'buy out'. No harm in having factions within our support let the majority prevail but in the meantime let's have some general but maybe not unanimous consensus that removing the worst ownership in our history needs to happen. I can't stand the idea of another 24 years of absent owners and accountants running us. I do have one little caveat and that is that we must flush out publicly what price the Farmer dynasty and RP are wanting. They should not get much or anything. They have been well enough remunerated and enjoyed 24 years of controlling us. Our money has built the infrastructure. I think they should also swallow the debt and go. Thanks for the last 24 years but no thanks for any more of the same.

Devilstorment
14-06-2014, 08:32 AM
So we now have a thread that has some indications of potential donation amounts, but mainly sweetie puns and accusations of yammery...

... We need a way to add up the donations, other than someone spending half their day going through the entire thread.

I mentioned this earlier, but it fell on deaf ears. Would a poll on the main page not help to give us a good idea? Alternatively I would be willing to put together a tracker if folks PM me their monthly contributions (without any nonsense.... well maybe a little just to keep me interested!!) I could then either PM Global with the current tally or post on this thread.

Thoughts?

Gustavo Fring
14-06-2014, 08:35 AM
So we now have a thread that has some indications of potential donation amounts, but mainly sweetie puns and accusations of yammery...

... We need a way to add up the donations, other than someone spending half their day going through the entire thread.

I mentioned this earlier, but it fell on deaf ears. Would a poll on the main page not help to give us a good idea? Alternatively I would be willing to put together a tracker if folks PM me their monthly contributions (without any nonsense.... well maybe a little just to keep me interested!!) I could then either PM Global with the current tally or post on this thread.

Thoughts?

sounds good to me

QMU-1875
14-06-2014, 08:44 AM
If true would be prepared to fund around £20-40 a month.

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 08:53 AM
If the aim is to have people give money so that shares can be purchased leading to 'fan ownership' then I thought the Hibernian Supporters Trust was created several years ago to do just that.

greenginger
14-06-2014, 09:27 AM
If the aim is to have people give money so that shares can be purchased leading to 'fan ownership' then I thought the Hibernian Supporters Trust was created several years ago to do just that.

Is ownership of the football club infrastructure necessary or even desirable ?

A fans group taking over the football business part of the club and leaving E R and East Mains and their mortgage debt with the Hibs holding company would be a lot more practical on many levels.

The fans group would have to pay HFC for the debt servicing costs and the sums for the debt pay-down, but the amount required to be raised would be significantly reduced to maybe £ 1 -2 million for working capital and a reserve fund .

STF is not going to transfer the infrastructure to any fans group whilst he is guarantee of the debts and the lenders won't release STF from the guarantee unless a similarly well minted replacement is found.

I don't know if it is a feasible route or if STF would consider it, ...... Any thoughts ?

bighairyfaeleith
14-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Ive heard of such a fund. It used to be called admission money. Or, am I missing something?
yes you are missing something

andy1875
14-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Forgive me if this seems a silly statement but do we need to buy anyone out/buy a share of the club?

Would there be an appetite for a monthly direct debit did solely to improve the player budget?

We hear that all the ST money goes into the player budget, could this theory add to that?

If we had say 4000 monthly contributions based on an avergage of say £30, would give us £120k a month, just under £1.5m a year.

Just an idea but one that I'd happily support.

Apologies if already posted or if indeed this is a non starter. Just thinking into the keyboard :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2014, 09:57 AM
I cant commit to anything at the moment, all my spare cash is going towards a new wardrobe for Paul Kane.

Forza Fred
14-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Forgive me if this seems a silly statement but do we need to buy anyone out/buy a share of the club?

Would there be an appetite for a monthly direct debit did solely to improve the player budget?

We hear that all the ST money goes into the player budget, could this theory add to that?

If we had say 4000 monthly contributions based on an avergage of say £30, would give us £120k a month, just under £1.5m a year.

Just an idea but one that I'd happily support.

Apologies if already posted or if indeed this is a non starter. Just thinking into the keyboard :greengrin
Again, as I understand it the organisation originally set up known as the Erin Hibernian Supporters Trust had this as one of its intentions, and made a few donations to the club.

Dunno how to do a cut and paste from my IPad, but if you do a google on Erin Hibernian Supporters trust you will see that the concept has been around for years.

Keith Wright was one of the trustees and a guy whom I met in Oz when he was travelling....Dave Shanks, had fair bit to do with it.

easty
14-06-2014, 10:03 AM
I cant commit to anything at the moment, all my spare cash is going towards a new wardrobe for Paul Kane.

I'm saving up to hire Gok Wan to go pay him a visit.

hibeerealist
14-06-2014, 10:07 AM
I will start out with £1m cash plus a monthly contribution of £20,000 per month.

Don't give any personal abuse to me......this is no joke...at this stage i wish to remain private and Admins please have the courtesy to do this.

There should be one or two people on here who will know who i am or me as there were links in previous posts by someone in the know, who made comments about a well connected die hard Hibs fan.

I dont want any negativity from anyone on this post. I am a "diehard Hibs fan " born and raised in Leith and want to make a difference.

Lets see what Hibs fans are prepared to do in regard the club

I will not get into any other discussion on this thread about structure, people, who is on the board, business plan, conditions of funding etc. That can be done on other threads !

Have this thread as a pure buy out fund and lets see how much Hibs fans can raise in hard cash plus monthly contributions.

Lets have the money pledged transparent for all Hibs fans to view and am happy for one of the Admins to manage this.

Certainly got the debates going with your offer GH and I wish you luck, that is a serious commitment !!

I just posted on the PM board that should your offer move forward and concludes, you will have put more money into Hibs than anyone in our history outwith STF and Tom Hart!!!

Respect

easty
14-06-2014, 10:13 AM
I can't be arsed to read through the last 8 or so pages. Are we now happy/excited by the prospect of fan ownership, with monthly payments? The same thing a load of folk were saying wouldn't work for Hearts?

Turkish Green
14-06-2014, 10:18 AM
I can't be arsed to read through the last 8 or so pages.

I just did and I'm none the wiser. Looks to me like what Budgie/FOH are proposing for Hearts.

southsider
14-06-2014, 10:22 AM
If we can get, say 1000 fans to pledge £750 per year we can buy 10,000 kids for kicks season books. All that money (£750,000) goes straight to our new manager. We have the bonus of filling Easter Road EVERY game and laying the foundation for thousands of future fans. Thoughts ?

Stuarty27
14-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I am up for full/ partial fan ownership within the framework of a model that guarantees stadium and land can not be hived off and is owned in perpetuity by the fans. I would diverge from the FOH in that any membership scheme starts up with a one off fee. On that basis and respecting one member one vote I would be up for a £500 joining fee pp and £120 per annum thereafter. That would be an initial capital sum in the 1st year of £3.1 million assuming 5000 members and a rolling £600k per annum if this was the default fee. Of course additional monies from more generous members could enable them to have some extra fringe benefits
(How about EM, ER and now Pilton having health club type facilities that members could enjoy?). So GH I'm up for this but the principle of 1 member 1 vote is needed to democratise the club and get mass support and engagement. The membership ought to elect a President and VP or indeed a full slate to comprise a Board. They submit themselves for re-election at an agreed time frame.
The board hire the CEO and in partnership the manager/DoF etc. If GH or Kano are proposing something like this I'm all up for it.Kano seems to have got his act together first but who is to say this could not be a combined 'buy out'. No harm in having factions within our support let the majority prevail but in the meantime let's have some general but maybe not unanimous consensus that removing the worst ownership in our history needs to happen. I can't stand the idea of another 24 years of absent owners and accountants running us. I do have one little caveat and that is that we must flush out publicly what price the Farmer dynasty and RP are wanting. They should not get much or anything. They have been well enough remunerated and enjoyed 24 years of controlling us. Our money has built the infrastructure. I think they should also swallow the debt and go. Thanks for the last 24 years but no thanks for any more of the same.

Excellent post

Since90+2
14-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Could spare 7062 a month.

joe breezy
14-06-2014, 10:29 AM
If there was a serious thing I could do £100 a month

Stuarty27
14-06-2014, 10:31 AM
We need a leader...

I think if someone sat down with a genuine proposal of £500.00 joining fee and a £100 per month, loads of people would sign up and it would snow ball

bingo70
14-06-2014, 10:32 AM
I can't be arsed to read through the last 8 or so pages. Are we now happy/excited by the prospect of fan ownership, with monthly payments? The same thing a load of folk were saying wouldn't work for Hearts?

I can't speak for anybody else but I've always been of the opinion 100% fan ownership wouldn't work, I still think that's the case. I do think an idea like this is a good one as long as someone's there with real cash.

easty
14-06-2014, 10:34 AM
I can't speak for anybody else but I've always been of the opinion 100% fan ownership wouldn't work, I still think that's the case. I do think an idea like this is a good one as long as someone's there with real cash.

I've no problem with fans putting money into a club regularly, but id not be happy for us to be dependant on fans monthly contributions. Think that's far too risky.

andy1875
14-06-2014, 10:41 AM
We need a leader...

I think if someone sat down with a genuine proposal of £500.00 joining fee and a £100 per month, loads of people would sign up and it would snow ball

I'm not sure we'd have too many who'd be willing to stick in £100 a month on top of a joining fee. Add ST fees and your beginning to piss the wife right off :greengrin

I'd be willing to stick in between £20-£30 a month. I can't speak for others obviously but I think that would be about the average.

It would be in my circle of Hibs fans anyway.

Tonez
14-06-2014, 10:52 AM
I haven't read all this thread but I'd be willing to put something in if we're buying Rod out :wink:

Jack
14-06-2014, 11:29 AM
About to retire from work so will have a lot less dosh than I used to ....... max £10 per month from me I'm afraid.

Even then I would need a hell of a lot more info first :aok:

Off subject but good for you. I retired a year ago and its been the start of a fantastic new life. Good luck!

iwasthere1972
14-06-2014, 11:32 AM
If we can get, say 1000 fans to pledge £750 per year we can buy 10,000 kids for kicks season books. All that money (£750,000) goes straight to our new manager. We have the bonus of filling Easter Road EVERY game and laying the foundation for thousands of future fans. Thoughts ?

Pledge £750 a year on top of a season ticket and everything else. That might work but there would have to be a decent team playing entertaining football week in week out. Imagine having paid that kind of dosh only to watch the rubbish we've been subjected to in recent times. Oh and 10,000 more kids at Easter Road. Apart from the obvious like where would we seat them. No thanks.

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2014, 11:34 AM
yes you are missing something

Please explain the difference. Is it the opposite of a loyalty bonus? The more you love the team, the more you pay?

Keith_M
14-06-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm saving up to hire Gok Wan to go pay him a visit.

Has anybody else ever noticed that his name is an anagram of Go Wan.........

Maybe I shouldn't finish that :wink:

hhibs
14-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Off subject but good for you. I retired a year ago and its been the start of a fantastic new life. Good luck!

Indeed good for him and, he should remember more money in hand, no National insurance taken from pension,!!

whiskyhibby
14-06-2014, 12:06 PM
if a supporter buy out was legit,

i would contribute minimum of 100 a month

If this is legit then count me in

pacorosssco
14-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Im in if all agreed properly. Great idea

Hibbyradge
14-06-2014, 03:34 PM
What is this ridiculous thread trying to achieve?

It's a wind up. If not, it's the stupidest market research idea I've ever seen.

Count me in for anything you want. No seriously, I cant match your £20k per month, but put me down for a couple of grand a year.

Let me know when you want the cash. Cheers.

weonlywon6-2
14-06-2014, 04:46 PM
What is this ridiculous thread trying to achieve?

It's a wind up. If not, it's the stupidest market research idea I've ever seen.

Count me in for anything you want. No seriously, I cant match your £20k per month, but put me down for a couple of grand a year.

Let me know when you want the cash. Cheers.

This thread is achieving nothing

sleeping giant
14-06-2014, 05:27 PM
I will start out with £1m cash plus a monthly contribution of £20,000 per month.

Don't give any personal abuse to me......this is no joke...at this stage i wish to remain private and Admins please have the courtesy to do this.

There should be one or two people on here who will know who i am or me as there were links in previous posts by someone in the know, who made comments about a well connected die hard Hibs fan.

I dont want any negativity from anyone on this post. I am a "diehard Hibs fan " born and raised in Leith and want to make a difference.

Lets see what Hibs fans are prepared to do in regard the club

I will not get into any other discussion on this thread about structure, people, who is on the board, business plan, conditions of funding etc. That can be done on other threads !

Have this thread as a pure buy out fund and lets see how much Hibs fans can raise in hard cash plus monthly contributions.

Lets have the money pledged transparent for all Hibs fans to view and am happy for one of the Admins to manage this.

What exactly will the fund be used for ?
Is it to buy Hibs completely?
Is it to buy a controlling stake ?
Who will manage the fund ?
How much will it cost ?

After the buy out , will there still be a need for monthly contributions?

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Don't feed the ego!

RIP
14-06-2014, 05:36 PM
100% legit

bighairyfaeleith
14-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Please explain the difference. Is it the opposite of a loyalty bonus? The more you love the team, the more you pay?
not quite sure why you are being a prick but Ok let's do it.

the difference is that buying tickets has a cost to hibernian. I want to put some money, a modest amount admittedly, straight into hibs bank account with the minimum of associated costs.

kicks for kids is great, but it's simply not scalable as 8000 people subscribe and suddenly there is no room in the stadium for walk up punters.

what's your problem exactly with me wanting to help hibs as much as possible?

jacomo
14-06-2014, 06:42 PM
100% legit

100% something, that's for sure.

I might launch my own buy out fund next week. I'll start it off with all the freely available cash in my possession - will leave it to others to decide whether that's enough.

I may or may not have also met with Petrie / STF but will not divulge my identity nor details of discussions. I won't be questioned or discuss any details and will leave it to others to work out how much backing I have secured and whether or not that is enough to buy the club.

Iain G
14-06-2014, 09:12 PM
100% something, that's for sure.

I might launch my own buy out fund next week. I'll start it off with all the freely available cash in my possession - will leave it to others to decide whether that's enough.

I may or may not have also met with Petrie / STF but will not divulge my identity nor details of discussions. I won't be questioned or discuss any details and will leave it to others to work out how much backing I have secured and whether or not that is enough to buy the club.

Ooooh I'm in! Tell me what bank account details you need, my secret security code is my fav football team and will post off my birth cert and the shirt off my back shortly ;-)

Forza Fred
15-06-2014, 07:53 AM
not quite sure why you are being a prick but Ok let's do it.

the difference is that buying tickets has a cost to hibernian. I want to put some money, a modest amount admittedly, straight into hibs bank account with the minimum of associated costs.

kicks for kids is great, but it's simply not scalable as 8000 people subscribe and suddenly there is no room in the stadium for walk up punters.

what's your problem exactly with me wanting to help hibs as much as possible?

As stated earlier, the opportunity to have done just that has been around for a while via the Erin Hibernian Trust.

Look it up on google....admittedly don't know if it is still alive or died due to lack of interest/donations

Waxy
15-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Me i'm not sure if fan ownership will work. It could go downhill long term and i wouldn't want to risk it.(lets see where it gets the purple ones)
However putting the same money in to help the cause alongside the club owners would be fantastic.
If we done this properly there would be no stopping us.

erin go bragh
15-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Me i'm not sure if fan ownership will work. It could go downhill long term and i wouldn't want to risk it.(lets see where it gets the purple ones)
However putting the same money in to help the cause alongside the club owners would be fantastic.

Fans owning a percentage , say 10% (petrie) the rest to be used as you say Waxy, would be brilliant .

Ggtth

Global Hibby
15-06-2014, 09:23 AM
What exactly will the fund be used for ?
Is it to buy Hibs completely?
Is it to buy a controlling stake ?
Who will manage the fund ?
How much will it cost ?

After the buy out , will there still be a need for monthly contributions?

Your questions and my opinion only and i am not leading any buy mandate at this stage. I am meeting with others who are and i dont know any of the plans in detail right now and if i did i would not have authority to answer anyway.

But my opinion is though.

1. Only if STF and RP, wish to sell completely could this be done.
2. Yes, in simple terms either through majority control or other methods at shareholder level to control without majority shareholding being held.
3. The Fund Managers appointed.
4. Dont understand the question ...sorry ??

Every organisation needs investment...there is keeping the show on the road.....thats pretty tough in Scottish Football as we all know. Finding funds to kick on and make massive gains is difficult when you have a break even model which is about the best that can be hoped for right now.

If we can continue with an investment fund,then we should for those who can afford it and are seeing the Return on Investment.

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Your questions and my opinion only and i am not leading any buy mandate at this stage. I am meeting with others who are and i dont know any of the plans in detail right now and if i did i would not have authority to answer anyway.

2. Yes, in simple terms either through majority control or other methods at shareholder level to control without majority shareholding being held.

Every organisation needs investment...there is keeping the show on the road.....thats pretty tough in Scottish Football as we all know. Finding funds to kick on and make massive gains is difficult when you have a break even model which is about the best that can be hoped for right now.

If we can continue with an investment fund,then we should for those who can afford it and are seeing the Return on Investment.

There are no guarantees for returns on Investment Funds

Leithenhibby
15-06-2014, 02:51 PM

Where is our club, right now? :wink:

Done properly, fan ownership would work, it would.

1875HFC
15-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Ofcourse there are no guarantees of return on investments of any sort however an element of 'speculate to accumulate' in a diligent manner is what would be in order here

chewit
15-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Surely the return would be a healthier football club and better product on the park?

Keith_M
15-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Does anybody know at what stage this 'Bid' is?

Nevi_SOL
15-06-2014, 04:02 PM
I think if this was an opportunity to put money into the club rather than pay a hefty amount to a shareholder who will just walk away with the cash. IMO we have hit an all time low ( in my lifetime) and any new income would go straight to the playing staff this could really be a breath of fresh air for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beefster
15-06-2014, 04:17 PM

Given that you've very recently met with Farmer and Rodders, didn't you ask them if they wanted to sell?

If you're not planning to lead any 'buy mandate' at this stage, what was the following about in your OP?

exHIBition
16-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Does anybody know at what stage this 'Bid' is?

I think he is getting all the attention he craved when he created the thread.

southsider
16-06-2014, 01:32 PM
The only return on any "investment" i make would be for Hibs to start winning football matches and play with a bit of style. Do that and i'm in.

smurf
16-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Seems that too many on here are in fear of this being some Yam wind up and them laughing at us. The cynicism and the almost desperation for this to be ridiculed is quite incredible.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-06-2014, 02:48 PM
So any one know who the original poster is then. ....ive read the first few posts but couldnt be arsed with the rest. ...smells of yam to me

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Seems that too many on here are in fear of this being some Yam wind up and them laughing at us. The cynicism and the almost desperation for this to be ridiculed is quite incredible.

Duff bitten, twice shy :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
16-06-2014, 02:50 PM

Ive just posted about this without reading your post first and I defo think this is utter pish.....if I was a mystery business man yada yada yada then I would come out and say who I am

The_Todd
16-06-2014, 02:51 PM

Why is it? I think there's something healthy about questioning an anonymous person on a messageboard offering to pump in £1m up front in return for others chipping in. Maybe he is legit, but I wouldn't be rushing to join in until I saw something concrete.

NW
16-06-2014, 02:52 PM
So any one know who the original poster is then. ....ive read the first few posts but couldnt be arsed with the rest. ...smells of yam to me

The OP is the owner and Ceo of a multinational business. I have been in touch with him and there is no doubt to his business credentials and articles on Bloomberg back that up. I knew nothing of Richard before this but I am working to see if this is viable. I am not a newbie or a Jambo , i work in corporate finance and all I want is my team to win the league next year and have a brighter future.

The_Todd
16-06-2014, 02:54 PM

Just ask STF or RP if they know someone called "Richard". That seems to be all the proof required.

nribs
16-06-2014, 03:04 PM
The OP is the owner and Ceo of a multinational business. I have been in touch with him and there is no doubt to his business credentials and articles on Bloomberg back that up. I knew nothing of Richard before this but I am working to see if this is viable. I am not a newbie or a Jambo , i work in corporate finance and all I want is my team to win the league next year and have a brighter future.
You couldn't give us a link to these Bloomberg articles

marinello59
16-06-2014, 03:05 PM

To see if what is viable? He has backed away from this thread and the buy out fund he originally proposed and has given no real clue as to his intentions in his 'questions' thread.

NW
16-06-2014, 03:06 PM
You couldn't give us a link to these Bloomberg articles

Not as present as this would reveal his identity and he has asked that until matters progress that this isn't done.

smurf
16-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Ive just posted about this without reading your post first and I defo think this is utter pish.....if I was a mystery business man yada yada yada then I would come out and say who I am
There could be a whole number of reasons for not wanting to reveal his identity at this time?

smurf
16-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Why is it? I think there's something healthy about questioning an anonymous person on a messageboard offering to pump in £1m up front in return for others chipping in. Maybe he is legit, but I wouldn't be rushing to join in until I saw something concrete.

An admin on here has stated that they think this isn't some wind up. Why the cynicism?

NW
16-06-2014, 03:07 PM
To see if what is viable? He has backed away from this thread and the buy out fund he originally proposed and has given no real clue as to his intentions in his 'questions' thread.

To see if any sort of deal to take the club out of its current ownership is viable. Nothing is being ruled out as it is time to explore all avenues. They may come to a dead end but for the good of Hibernian they need to be explored

southern hibby
16-06-2014, 03:12 PM
I'd pledge a season ticket plus £30 a month. However obviously I'd need to see a business plan as I'm booggered if I'll pay to put Hibs into a worse position than they already are I'n. GGTTH

NW
16-06-2014, 03:15 PM
I'd pledge a season ticket plus £30 a month. However obviously I'd need to see a business plan as I'm booggered if I'll pay to put Hibs into a worse position than they already are I'n. GGTTH

Nobody would be asked to pay anything in until a proper legal structure has been agreed and implemented. This isn't back of a beer mate thinking, I have paperwork to study from dept of business and innovation to read the detail into community interest companies later

The_Todd
16-06-2014, 03:17 PM
An admin on here has stated that they think this isn't some wind up. Why the cynicism?

And other admins (see M59) are also questioning. Forgive me, but I don't know the admins personally either. Anonymous person A tells me anonymous person B is legit. I'm none the wiser.

When it comes to anonymous people making claims about cash which runs into seven-figure sums on a messageboard I think that cynicism is perfectly healthy. If there wasn't such an anti-RP feeling on this board right now I doubt this thread would have got this far at all.

marinello59
16-06-2014, 03:21 PM
To see if any sort of deal to take the club out of its current ownership is viable. Nothing is being ruled out as it is time to explore all avenues. They may come to a dead end but for the good of Hibernian they need to be explored

So the plan is to see if it is viable to come up with a viable plan? :confused:

NW
16-06-2014, 03:24 PM
So the plan is to see if it is viable to come up with a viable plan? :confused:

Richard has offered to start a fund. Now there is work being done to see the best way to progress matters and what shape is best going forward. There are many parties who need to be included in discussions namely the fans and current owners. Without the fans this is nothing

Baker9
16-06-2014, 03:25 PM
All sorts of nice touchy-feely things happening to distract us from reality. I will still wake up through the night knowing that we have no goalkeepers, few players, no manager, Petrie still here. The future is bright (again), the reality of the present is still terrible.

SunshineOnLeith
16-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Global Hibby is the same idiot(s) that started that 'Hibernian Retro' pish round AGM time last year.

NW
16-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Global Hibby is the same idiot(s) that started that 'Hibernian Retro' pish round AGM time last year.

Sol my memory is fading can you remind me what that was please?

weonlywon6-2
16-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Its good to see that this buy out is gaining momentum,huh

nribs
16-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Richard has offered to start a fund. Now there is work being done to see the best way to progress matters and what shape is best going forward. There are many parties who need to be included in discussions namely the fans and current owners. Without the fans this is nothing
A fund for what?
Also thought he was meeting with other business folk that hand lots of cash. Seems things change and there is no plan. And Richard isn't giving much away.

marinello59
16-06-2014, 03:32 PM

If you are his spokesperson you better go and read his questions thread because he was saying different things on there. Although he seems to have abandoned that one now rather than answer any outstanding questions.

SunshineOnLeith
16-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Sol my memory is fading can you remind me what that was please?

What are you, his PA? :faf:

The forum has a search function. :aok:

NW
16-06-2014, 03:41 PM
If you are his spokesperson you better go and read his questions thread because he was saying different things on there. Although he seems to have abandoned that one now rather than answer any outstanding questions.

I am not speaking for Richard , he has suggested starting a fund and I am looking at options. End of story. I am spending my time trying to find a positive way forward.

marinello59
16-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I am not speaking for Richard , he has suggested starting a fund and I am looking at options. End of story. I am spending my time trying to find a positive way forward.

We all want a positive way forward .

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Well tell us who he is, or get him to tell us who he is. Then we can ALL see if this is real, or just bull**** as i believe it is.

NW
16-06-2014, 03:44 PM
What are you, his PA? :faf:

The forum has a search function. :aok:

No I am spending my own time trying to find ways to help our club. This place can be so draining at times.

I merely asked a question but don't worry

nribs
16-06-2014, 03:45 PM

I'm not getting at you on this point I'm still trying to work out what the fund is? He doesn't want to buy hibs if we know what the find is how it would work then fine. If we knew who he was even better.

NW
16-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Well tell us who he is, or get him to tell us who he is. Then we can ALL see if this is real, or just bull**** as i believe it is.

I am not putting details into public who wishes not to be in public as yet. If he chooses too then that is his call

SunshineOnLeith
16-06-2014, 03:46 PM

Why don't you just ask STF? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2014, 03:47 PM

Do you have his telephone number?

NW
16-06-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm not getting at you on this point I'm still trying to work out what the fund is? He doesn't want to buy hibs if we know what the find is how it would work then fine. If we knew who he was even better.

The fund could end up being one of a number of things in my opinion. Funding towards a community club or a fund to slowly buy out current owners.

marinello59
16-06-2014, 03:54 PM

I wouldn't trust any of the Admins on here. :greengrin
After several pages over two threads on here I really have no idea what the intentions of the OP are. It's confusion more than cynicism for me.

Flanny boy
16-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Well said sir :aok:

nribs
16-06-2014, 03:57 PM
The fund could end up being one of a number of things in my opinion. Funding towards a community club or a fund to slowly buy out current owners.

So just a fund of cash just now then that might be used in the future for something?

The_Todd
16-06-2014, 03:57 PM

"Hello STF. Do you know Richard?"
"Who is Richard? Who are you?"
"Oh, Richard you know Richard. He's called 'Global Hibby' on Hibs.net"
"Where did you get my number?"

NW
16-06-2014, 03:59 PM
So just a fund of cash just now then that might be used in the future for something?

Not that I would be happy with, if only be interested in setting up a fund if it had specific aims and plans which is what I'm looking into. Could never ask anyone to put money blindly into a black hole

Dave-O
16-06-2014, 04:00 PM
"Hello STF. Do you know Richard?"
"Who is Richard? Who are you?"
"Oh, Richard you know Richard. He's called 'Global Hibby' on Hibs.net"
"Where did you get my number?"

......from Richard. :greengrin

jacomo
16-06-2014, 04:06 PM

Indeed it could. In the first instance, I'd suggest a meeting with the current owners to ask them if they would welcome offers or would be willing to help with setting up a community ownership structure.

Then they could tell us what's on the table. Or have the meeting but not tell us much about it, as they wish.

1950's hibbie
16-06-2014, 04:07 PM
I am not locally connected as most of you on here are, I am seperated by distance and time, and get most of my Hibs information, news and comments on here. I am totally confused, I followed the massive Yams thread, and a constant thing was how well we were financially compared to their state. We were surviving until the Butcher debacle, and have now been relegated. Suddenly our financial situation seems to be in question, out of the woodwork comes a multi national businessman, who has made statements about the massive financial support he is going to give the team, and how he wants all us Hibbies to contribute. He gives no name and won't identify himself, and has a couple of people vouch for him. Living in an environment of nightly telephone scams about my computer, free cruises, relatives in jail that need money urgently, Ponzi, I have a serious inclination to view thing through sceptical eyes. A common saying here is do your due diligence, Richard for me that would include from you a full statement of your name, business and city and country of residence, that would be a start deeper depth of information would be needed before any contribution was considered.

Gerard
16-06-2014, 04:24 PM
I think that the person called Richard is not a Yam or some other person taking the J Wiss. The person is known to some of us through WT. Perhaps the way that he has used the internet to communicate is causing the concern. I am sure that in time this situation will become clear regarding the credentials of this person.

Jonnyboy
16-06-2014, 05:00 PM

Supposing his name was revealed G and we all rushed to Google him. Still doesn't prove anything really!

Jonnyboy
16-06-2014, 05:01 PM
In think that the person called Richard is not a Yam or some other person taking the J Wiss. The person is known to some of us through WT. Perhaps the way that he has used the internet to communicate is causing the concern. I am sure that in time this situation will become clear regarding the credentials of this person.

Has anyone from WT met him Gerard?

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Supposing his name was revealed G and we all rushed to Google him. Still doesn't prove anything really!

It would give us a better idea if this is true or not John, and somebody would be bound to know him and ask if this is genuine or not.

It smells in my opinion John, it smells yamish to me.

FranckSuzy
16-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Has anyone from WT met him Gerard?

Apparently he is known to some on LinkedIn but that's it, AFAIK.

1875HFC
16-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Richard Branson:cb

sidjames
16-06-2014, 06:25 PM
It would give us a better idea if this is true or not John, and somebody would be bound to know him and ask if this is genuine or not.

The smell of stale beer and cheap deodorant that almost smells as bad as the sour body odour. More than a hint of something on the sole of the worn down shoe, bull **** perhaps. That would be the yamish Smell?

RIP
16-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Won't all these questions be answered when he comes up to Edinburgh? AFAIK he has had a few Hibby's with investment experience who have made contact with him with a view to meeting up.

Offers like this however, need a considerable amount of due diligence before we can judge whether it is going to go anywhere.

No Craig Whyte situation welcome here.

Jonnyboy
16-06-2014, 07:18 PM

I agree the path to contacting the support is a strange choice but a wee voice in my head keeps saying 'let's hear him out' :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
16-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Richard whoever he is may exist,but who is to say this is actually him and not a yam at work ????

Stan the Man
16-06-2014, 09:09 PM
My opinion is that when people with serious dough are going to do something, the first you usually hear about it is once it's done.

The o.p. reads like one of the yam fantasists on the Scotsman forums.

Would love to be proved wrong and would be first to apologise if genuine, but just can't see it being anything other than a wind up.

SlickShoes
16-06-2014, 09:50 PM
load of *****

johnrebus
16-06-2014, 09:59 PM
load of *****

This

500miles
16-06-2014, 10:22 PM
I agree the path to contacting the support is a strange choice but a wee voice in my head keeps saying 'let's hear him out' :greengrin

Voices like that also say "burn things" and "punish them all".

Ignore them. I do. :greengrin

nribs
16-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Seems it's all over.

Ronniekirk
16-06-2014, 10:28 PM
The mystery person has started a new thread to tell us they are out because of personal abuse they were getting So I guess you have your answer

iwasthere1972
16-06-2014, 10:36 PM
To claim that it was Hibs supporters

Pretty Boy
16-06-2014, 10:42 PM
I've been out the loop for a couple of days and just had a chance to catch up on goings on here.

Wow is all I can say.

It's all a bit Mikey Forrester and Russian sailors.

hibee_nation
16-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Have to say this is one thing the yams beat us hands down at, we could never compete with Irvine Jambo and the thread on the guy stealing the bus money. :greengrin

Pray4Marc
16-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Do people actually believe this Richard isn't a yam or were they just playing along? Please tell me it wasn't latter.