PDA

View Full Version : Kano was surprised Petrie was at his meeting with Tom Farmer

Ronniekirk
13-06-2014, 04:59 AM
Scotsman reporting this .Kano felt as Petrie is now in Non Executive Role he wouldn't of been at the Meeting .Find it interesting that and another example of how difficult it is going to be to remove Petrie as that tactic can only be seen as one designed to intimidate IMO .look forward to hearing update on outcome of this meeting as assume there was some straight talking done and Kano making it clear Petrie Out Campaign will continue

500miles
13-06-2014, 05:09 AM
The meeting was about Petrie, who has always represented Farmer's interests at Hibs. If he's surprised Petrie was there, he'll have a heart attack when he finds out Bruce Willis was a ghost all along.

Ronniekirk
13-06-2014, 05:13 AM
The meeting was about Petrie, who has always represented Farmer's interests at Hibs. If he's surprised Petrie was there, he'll have a heart attack when he finds out Bruce Willis was a ghost all along.
When the players went behind John Collins back to complain to Petrie ,the Meeting was about John Collins but John Collins wasn't at the Meeting

Peevemor
13-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Scotsman reporting this .Kano felt as Petrie is now in Non Executive Role he wouldn't of been at the Meeting .Find it interesting that and another example of how difficult it is going to be to remove Petrie as that tactic can only be seen as one designed to intimidate IMO .look forward to hearing update on outcome of this meeting as assume there was some straight talking done and Kano making it clear Petrie Out Campaign will continue

And 2k+ people turning up outside ER last Saturday wasn't?

500miles
13-06-2014, 05:34 AM
When the players went behind John Collins back to complain to Petrie ,the Meeting was about John Collins but John Collins wasn't at the Meeting

JC wasn't in the country when the players demanded a meeting with Petrie. ( Who then told them to do as there told, and allowed Collins to scrap numerous players and sign a load of crap replacements, many of whom were first choices like Makalamby, AOB, Brian Kerr and Clayton Donaldson.)

marinello59
13-06-2014, 05:41 AM

STF is no fool. I am surprised that PK was surprised.

Oscar T Grouch
13-06-2014, 05:42 AM

Really? That's what you think the protest was designed to do? You don't have a very high opinion of your fellow Hibees do you? Shirley the protest was just that, a protest to show the feelings of a large section of the support. Just because a group of people gather together, doesn't make that intimidation, if you think that then you must think all protests/gatherings are designed to intimidate?

Ronniekirk
13-06-2014, 05:42 AM

There was a clear intent before hand to get as many people as possible along to support a campaign whose aim was clear Get Petrie Out .This was designed to put pressure on Petrie to consider his position .
Just commenting on kaons surprise, as I wasn't surprised Petrie was there .

Peevemor
13-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Really? That's what you think the protest was designed to do? You don't have a very high opinion of your fellow Hibees do you? Shirley the protest was just that, a protest to show the feelings of a large section of the support. Just because a group of people gather together, doesn't make that intimidation, if you think that then you must think all protests/gatherings are designed to intimidate?

But one guy turning up at a meeting about his own future is?

Forza Fred
13-06-2014, 05:51 AM

Unless it was designed by Farmer to show his unwavering support for Petrie....which it clearly was.

I have spoken to Farmer before about Petrie, and his mind is not for changing.

Unfortunately.

Oscar T Grouch
13-06-2014, 05:57 AM

Not what I said, is it? I merely commented on your view of the protest. This wasn't a case of intimidation at all.

Fwiw I would have assumed Petrie would be at the meeting. STF is a business man that's having his opinion of one of his favourites questioned, it's obvious that he still trusts Petrie, no matter what the majority of the support thinks.

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 06:28 AM
So confirmation that it is not just petrie out that paul wants as the two named gentlemen attend with paul. The plot thickens I wonder where this is leading the club.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Onion
13-06-2014, 06:35 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Probably right that Petrie was at the meeting but can imagine Farmer and Petrie making things very difficult for Paul. Farmer's view of the club's state will have been based purely on whatever Petrie has chosen to share with him. And you can be sure that will show him in a good light !

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2014, 06:41 AM
If Kano and his supporters have a half decent business plan, I think STF will walk away - he's probably had enough - and he won't be back.

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 06:45 AM
No LD at meeting ? I bet she is not happy about that...

marinello59
13-06-2014, 07:00 AM

Why?:confused:

aunty joyce
13-06-2014, 07:02 AM
No offence but I'm slightly confused, why Kano has to submit a business plan to Sir Tom if the purpose of the campaign was to oust Petrie or is this part 2 of 'The Plan'?

I find it quite disrespectful to arrange a protest and ask fellow supporters to get behind it with the purpose of ousting the chairman, then four days later have a meeting with the owner which now requires Kamo to submit a business plan - I personally feel that the supporters who did attend the demonstration on Saturday to lend their support to a specific campaign are now being used as a bargaining tool (i.e.we have this support behind us) for part two of a plan which they know nothing about and may not agree with if they did.

I was not at the protest on Saturday, that wasn't because I don't think Mr Petrie should go, I believe for the good of Hibernian Football Club he should go. I may not be affiliated to a Hibernian Supporters Association but as a season ticket holder and one who has renewed for the season ahead I would like to know what this 'business proposal' is all about and who is involved.

tamig
13-06-2014, 07:13 AM
No offence but I'm slightly confused, why Kano has to submit a business plan to Sir Tom if the purpose of the campaign was to oust Petrie or is this part 2 of 'The Plan'?

I find it quite disrespectful to arrange a protest and ask fellow supporters to get behind it with the purpose of ousting the chairman, then four days later have a meeting with the owner which now requires Kamo to submit a business plan - I personally feel that the supporters who did attend the demonstration on Saturday to lend their support to a specific campaign are now being used as a bargaining tool (i.e.we have this support behind us) for part two of a plan which they know nothing about and may not agree with if they did.

I was not at the protest on Saturday, that wasn't because I don't think Mr Petrie should go, I believe for the good of Hibernian Football Club he should go. I may not be affiliated to a Hibernian Supporters Association but as a season ticket holder and one who has renewed for the season ahead I would like to know what this 'business proposal' is all about and who is involved.
There were two "shows of hands" last sat; one to get RP out and one to move on to "Phase 2". P2 is about fan representation on the board.

Brightside
13-06-2014, 07:14 AM
So people expected STF to not have Petrie with him at the meeting? What part of Petries role are we not getting yet. He is there to protect and support STF. Kano surely cannot be stupid enough to think STF would meet him on his own? Also the LD comment is stupid. This is about ownership of the football club - it's above LDs level.

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Why? Who proposed and chaired the original meeting..who is the CEO...why did paul need a lawyer and investment company at the meeting to discuss the removal of RP I want Rod to stand aside but what is all this other stuff about?
I am starting to feel paul is being a bit disingenuous in the real motives here I have no doubt about the removsl of Rod is paramount to whatever these proposals are...

Stonewall
13-06-2014, 07:18 AM

Sorry. I don't get this. You'll need to explain.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 07:21 AM
There were two "shows of hands" last sat; one to get RP out and one to move on to "Phase 2". P2 is about fan representation on the board.

Yet PK gave assurances that the protest was all about getting Petrie out. I said beforehand that I believed him because using the demo as backing for an unknown 2nd phase would be cynical and dishonest. Looks like I was being naïve.

s.a.m
13-06-2014, 07:24 AM

Surely fan representation on the board doesn't require a business plan :dunno:

On the subject of the OP, Paul Kane has mobilised a campaign to have a man removed from his post. I would have thought that he would have welcomed the chance to meet with him in person and put his case to him. I'm not sure how his presence can be seen as intimidatory.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 07:26 AM
]Surely fan representation on the board doesn't require a business plan :dunno:

[/B]On the subject of the OP, Paul Kane has mobilised a campaign to have a man removed from his post. I would have thought that he would have welcomed the chance to meet with him in person and put his case to him. I'm not sure how his presence can be seen as intimidatory.

It requires two business plans apparently. :greengrin

s.a.m
13-06-2014, 07:28 AM
It requires two business plans apparently. :greengrin

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Why? Who proposed and chaired the original meeting..who is the CEO...why did paul need a lawyer and investment company at the meeting to discuss the removal of RP I want Rod to stand aside but what is all this other stuff about?
I am starting to feel paul is being a bit disingenuous in the real motives here I have no doubt about the removsl of Rod is paramount to whatever these proposals are...

Petrie out is the requirement as I see it, then I'd like to see Leeann get her chance at reforming without hindrance. I am not convinced that a show of hands from the group that attended the protest is a mandate from Hibs fans to go any further.Are we all clear what all parties at the meeting were purporting to represent on our behalf? Is it what we want?

jeffers
13-06-2014, 07:31 AM

I'll allow Paul Kane and the others the chance to explain before I accuse him of being disingenuous. However I'm also starting to wonder just what their actual plans are, it certainly appears to be more than just Petrie out and fans representation on the board - as others have stated why is a business plan required for the latter ? I think it's time PK and the others provide some clarity.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Kano would have been laughed out of the park if the only thing on the table was get Petrie out. There has to be a further plan, and the others that were there will have been putting something together for stage 2 and 3 or even 4.

It looks like having a fan on the board is part of this, and who would disagree with that?

There was also folk taking the piss out of this in the beginning, because they did not have a plan B or C. Well now we are getting bits and pieces, and remember this is not something thats been in the offing for long.

This has had to be put together quickly, and has been fast tracked because of our relegation. This is the straw thats broke the camels back, and maybe they will get some things wrong, but they will have the right intentions and the initial goal of getting Petrie out still stands.

It appears some folk are forgetting this, but only a few days ago the biggest protest since the Mercer days took place with the sole object of getting Petrie out.

rcarter1
13-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Kano would have been laughed out of the park if the only thing on the table was get Petrie out. There has to be a further plan, and the others that were there will have been putting something together for stage 2 and 3 or even 4.

It looks like having a fan on the board is part of this, and who would disagree with that?

There was also folk taking the piss out of this in the beginning, because they did not have a plan B or C. Well now we are getting bits and pieces, and remember this is not something thats been in the offing for long.

This has had to be put together quickly, and has been fast tracked because of our relegation. This is the straw thats broke the camels back, and maybe they will get some things wrong, but they will have the right intentions and the initial goal of getting Petrie out still stands.

It appears some folk are forgetting this, but only a few days ago the biggest protest since the Mercer days took place with the sole object of getting Petrie out.

Agree, life is never perfect, and I for one will give whatever is being discussed a fair hearing, with the hope that we can pull together.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 07:38 AM

Certainly not Leeanne Dempster.

happiehibbie
13-06-2014, 07:44 AM

Totaly Agree

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 07:45 AM

Well she would just have to put up with it if it was voted on.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 07:48 AM

Happy with all that, suggested a fan on the board and ways and means to my Supporters branch some time ago. Keeping the majority of fans involved is the key to making sure they get what and who they (the majority) want.

jonty
13-06-2014, 07:49 AM
It all depends on what the meeting was about. If it was solely about RP and a grievance against him, then I'd be surprised he was there.
If it wasn't then given RPs roles in STF other business, surely its almost a requirement to have him there? If it was any other of STFs business that were being discussed, the RP would be there?

If this is a serious bid, worthy of STFs consideration, then surely he has to take RPs advice on it (although not necessarily listen to it).
If it wasn't, STF wouldn't have bothered his advisor/business partner and humoured PK with a meeting, smiled politely and shown them the door.

Its almost naivety on PKs part.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 07:57 AM
It all depends on what the meeting was about. If it was solely about RP and a grievance against him, then I'd be surprised he was there.
If it wasn't then given RPs roles in STF other business, surely its almost a requirement to have him there? If it was any other of STFs business that were being discussed, the RP would be there?

If this is a serious bid, worthy of STFs consideration, then surely he has to take RPs advice on it (although not necessarily listen to it).
If it wasn't, STF wouldn't have bothered his advisor/business partner and humoured PK with a meeting, smiled politely and shown them the door.

If it was a bid for the club, or that was mentioned then its not a surprise that STF would have the board of the holding company (owners of Hibs) there. May even be a legal requirement if he knew a bid was likely to be discussed.

Hibby D
13-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Petrie out is the requirement as I see it, then I'd like to see Leeann get her chance at reforming without hindrance. I am not convinced that a show of hands from the group that attended the protest is a mandate from Hibs fans to go any further.Are we all clear what all parties at the meeting were purporting to represent on our behalf? Is it what we want?

That's because it's not and never can be.

No-one represents me. Certainly not at this juncture!

I'll allow Paul Kane and the others the chance to explain before I accuse him of being disingenuous. However I'm also starting to wonder just what their actual plans are, it certainly appears to be more than just Petrie out and fans representation on the board - as others have stated why is a business plan required for the latter ? I think it's time PK and the others provide some clarity.

They can't provide clarity because there isn't any to provide. The fact most of us have to come on here to get any indication of what's going on proves that. I'd love to nail my colours to a mast; preferably one that results in fan representation, but at this moment in time there is no one person offering me something solid in which to pledge my support.

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Yes blackpool hibs the sole object being get petrie out

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Yes blackpool hibs the sole object being get petrie out

:confused: Petrie out is the first target. There has to be other targets and the main one being new ownership, but one bit at a time.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Well she would just have to put up with it if it was voted on.

Put up with something she has already expressed support for?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Put up with something she has already expressed support for?

Sorry, i read your last post wrong. :zzzzz!:

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Petrie out was the only target...then let Ld do her job get us a manager and a team on the park ....this is looks messy....or am I being to simplistic

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Petrie out was the only target...then let Ld do her job get us a manager and a team on the park ....this is looks messy....or am I being to simplistic

This seems sensible, and possibly achievable to me, Fan on the board is consistent with Leeann's plans so maybe won't have to fight too hard for this? Let her get on with it.

sambajustice
13-06-2014, 08:26 AM
How long til Kano is asking "fur ra Title Deeds" to Easter Road?

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 08:42 AM
I wish people would grow up and stop trusting that "well respected man in a suit", or "the working class boy made good", or whatever other incarnation their club's saviour comes in.

They are always interested in one thing above everything else - themselves. It's either about their ego, or money, but supporters always fall for the line it's about them.

Invariably whether these carpet baggers can succeed depends upon how big a mob they can bring. It's for that reason that I find it worrying the way the debate on here has deteriorated.

It seems to me that blind acceptance of Kano and his team is becoming the norm. People are so keen to get Petrie out that they aren't even questioning the motives of the rebels.

What concerns me about Kanos team is that if the way they present themselves in public is anything to go by, I wouldn't hold out much hope for their ability to run Hibs. Time and time again, they go up against real businessmen, and get slapped down.

If Kano is genuinely surprised that Farmer had Petrie there, then he needs to get out of this. The last thing Hibs need is people that are out of their depth in business getting involved.

If he isn't surprised, he's an even bigger fool for going to the press. Farmer has landed a punch, the last thing he should be doing is showing that it hurt.

I still think Petrie should go, because he is causing a rift in the support. I don't think that Kane and MacLean are the answer though. I am not impressed with the way they raised a mob on a single issue, then shifted the goal posts by saying it was a mandate for their Stage 2.

Kane said on the TV that there was only one aim - getting rid of Rod. That's not the case.

Finally, a supporters rep. on the board would never work. What use would it be other than to give someone a seat on the bus, and a nice blazer? They'd get shot down by real business people, especially if they are anything like the ham fisted amateurs that "represent" the fans at the moment.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 08:44 AM

:faf:

Show a bit of respect.

number 27
13-06-2014, 08:54 AM
It seems to me that blind acceptance of Kano and his team is becoming the norm. People are so keen to get Petrie out that they aren't even questioning the motives of the rebels.

I'm in agreement with a fair bit of your post but I think a look at this thread and the forum generally would throw doubt on that comment. Maybe I am influenced by my own bias but I have been surprised at the way PK has been attacked at times for matters other than his stated aims.

If someone came on here and had a go at the way Petrie dressed or spoke Petrie would get more posters defending him than Kano has IMO.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 09:03 AM
I'm in agreement with a fair bit of your post but I think a look at this thread and the forum generally would throw doubt on that comment. Maybe I am influenced by my own bias but I have been surprised at the way PK has been attacked at times for matters other than his stated aims.

If someone came on here and had a go at the way Petrie dressed or spoke Petrie would get more posters defending him than Kano has IMO.

I agree, I've read a bit more since posting, and there does appear to plenty of healthy scepticism about. For me, Kane and MacLean have shown themselves up and their bid (let's be honest about things) is lacking any credibility.

At the end of the day, Petrie Out seems to the same as Farmer Out, as far as I can see.

I don't give a damn about PKs accent, or dress, it's what he says that matters. What he has said so far is that he is not a great communicator, so why put yourself into a role where people need you to communicate?

Instead, people are saying it doesn't matter what he says, because his heart is in the right place. Would anybody let an incompetent surgeon operate on them, because his heart us in the right place.

People should do the jobs they are good at, and leave the other jobs to people who are qualified to do them.

erin go bragh
13-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Any news on how the meeting went ? Not heard a dickie bird from anyone !

Ggtth

number 27
13-06-2014, 09:10 AM
I agree, I've read a bit more since posting, and there does appear to plenty of healthy scepticism about. For me, Kane and MacLean have shown themselves up and their bid (let's be honest about things) is lacking any credibility.

At the end of the day, Petrie Out seems to the same as Farmer Out, as far as I can see.

Yes, I share some of the scepticism about some of Kanos aims although I do support the removal of Petrie. I just find some of the criticism of Kano to be based not on what he is proposing but more on a personal level which does not really help anyone.

Ozyhibby
13-06-2014, 09:11 AM
It's time that PK fronted up and told the fans just exactly what the plan is.
I'm predisposed to the idea of a change in ownership but only to the right people with the right ideas. I need to hear a lot more from PK before I support any further part of his campaign.
It's clear that this is some sort of takeover plan but until I know who exactly is involved, their plans and their means then it does not have my backing.
Supporting the #PetrieOut campaign is not the same as backing a takeover.
Time for some honesty with the fans PK?

Beefster
13-06-2014, 09:12 AM

The amount of ill-informed attempts at ****-stirring on here these days is getting beyond a joke. There seems to be a fair number of folk have absolutely no idea what a CEO's role is.

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Enlighten us then beefster ....I am not **** stirring as you put it

matty_f
13-06-2014, 09:16 AM
The amount of ill-informed attempts at ****-stirring on here these days is getting beyond a joke. There seems to be a fair number of folk have absolutely no idea what a CEO's role is.

:top marks

Or a non-exec chairman.

Hibercelona
13-06-2014, 09:20 AM
My concern is that PK doesn't actually have a workable plan in place. Petrie needs to go. But replacing him with someone who isn't a good communicator and has no plan to take things forward would just spell even further disaster.

We need leadership and clarity. I just can't see who is going to deliver it.

Beefster
13-06-2014, 09:23 AM

Google could be your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_executive_officer
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/ceo.asp

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2014, 09:28 AM
It's time that PK fronted up and told the fans just exactly what the plan is.
I'm predisposed to the idea of a change in ownership but only to the right people with the right ideas. I need to hear a lot more from PK before I support any further part of his campaign.
It's clear that this is some sort of takeover plan but until I know who exactly is involved, their plans and their means then it does not have my backing.
Supporting the #PetrieOut campaign is not the same as backing a takeover.
Time for some honesty with the fans PK?

As long as PK doesn't make public what the plans are then he has no backing from the fans. You can't back something you have no knowledge of. PK knows this but more importantly so do STF & RP.

Geo_1875
13-06-2014, 09:29 AM
My concern is that PK doesn't actually have a workable plan in place. Petrie needs to go. But replacing him with someone who isn't a good communicator and has no plan to take things forward would just spell even further disaster.

We need leadership and clarity. I just can't see who is going to deliver it.

Which poor communicator did you have in mind to replace Rod?

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 09:36 AM

Why would an employee attend a meeting about one of their seniors' future?

Does that help?

:hmmm:

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Yup I know google well lol and Wikipedia both good friends its just an outline overview responsibility differs business to business

Baker9
13-06-2014, 09:38 AM

It's a similar scenario to Collins and the 'player's revolt'. Then, Petrie allowed a sneaky meeting behind Collin's back. Sir Tom seems to have done the proper thing here.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Yup I know google well lol and Wikipedia both good friends its just an outline overview responsibility differs business to business

So what's your point?

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 09:43 AM

No.

It was a peaceful protest.

Hibrandenburg
13-06-2014, 09:43 AM
It's a similar scenario to Collins and the 'player's revolt'. Then, Petrie allowed a sneaky meeting behind Collin's back. Sir Tom seems to have done the proper thing here.

Exactly!

Why shouldn't the accused have the chance to defend himself against his accusers?

Glorious St Pat
13-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Because I am led to believe that there is a possible business plan in place concerning a group of Edinburgh businessmen.

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 09:58 AM

The lawyer is also a Hibs ST holder.

Folk were slating Paul Kane the other day there for being a shoddy dresser/poor talker, basically been put over as a commoner, he has taken folk well known to STF and RP to put over phase 2 who can't be described as poor dressers or they talk with a dodgy accent.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Because I am led to believe that there is a possible business plan in place concerning a group of Edinburgh businessmen.

If it's a buyout then all the stuff about Petrie Out being the only aim was lies and the demo would only have been required so they can say they had some sort of mandate. Hopefully not.
If Paul Kane and co have come up with the best way forward then I will be backing it 100%. Until then their intentions can be filed along with Petrie's five year plan in my mind.

GordonHFC
13-06-2014, 10:05 AM
:confused: Petrie out is the first target. There has to be other targets and the main one being new ownership, but one bit at a time.

I think that the two issues do go together so the strategy will need to change but it needs to be discussed on a wider scale. RP will not go until a change of ownership occurs. He owns 10% of the club and sits on the board, in whatever capacity, on behalf of the owner of the other 90%.

He will still have an influence on the board in terms of voting rights and that will not change if we just seek to remove him as a single objective, even if there is currently a plan B, C or D.

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 10:07 AM

And maybe Kano took that fan along to the meeting.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Slightly different. Petrie didn't ask the players to come back with a business plan.

borstalboy
13-06-2014, 10:18 AM
If it's a buyout then all the stuff about Petrie Out being the only aim was lies and the demo would only have been required so they can say they had some sort of mandate. Hopefully not.
If Paul Kane and co have come up with the best way forward then I will be backing it 100%. Until then their intentions can be filed along with Petrie's five year plan in my mind.

It's all ifs, buts and maybe's I suppose. Petrie Out was the initial simple factor of this group, they asked him to resgin and RP stated categorically he wouldn't resign. In my opinion, there was always going to be other plans/stages to try and remove him, if he wouldn't resign, surely it would've been niave of the 'four' to have thought he would just resign and that would be the end of it.

I'm not getting at you personally, I just can't see how it can be considered lies, they do want Petrie Out and now they have to come up with another plan to try and do just that.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 10:19 AM
And maybe Kano took that fan along to the meeting.

So they have picked the fan already? I was hoping for some sort X Factor style contest to decide who the fan on the board was.

Greenworld
13-06-2014, 10:35 AM
I have no problem with that silver no one should be saying that about paul...ill take on board what your saying it was petrie out now it seems like something else on the agenda..as I said earlier in the posts I just want LD to get on and appointment a manager and get players in and get back to talking football.
Seems like an awful long time ago since that happend.
I feel soory for LD how can you proceed with anything with all this. going on...

Keith_M
13-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Is there a reason that Plan B and C (or parts 2 & 3) are currently secret?

Kane, and the group he's fronting, are claiming to represent the Fans. I don't see how that's possible if the Fans don't actually know what the plans are.

:confused:

Beefster
13-06-2014, 11:00 AM

What's the point of campaigns, demos and forcing Rodders out if you are planning to buy the club anyway? Just get on with it.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 11:02 AM
What's the point of campaigns, demos and forcing Rodders out if you are planning to buy the club anyway? Just get on with it.

Well for me Petrie needs to go for the club to recover, any buy out would take quite a while and we need to start the recovery now without the divide that currently exists.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 11:03 AM

Exactly.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 11:07 AM

Could you be a little more vague?

Yep, playing the supporters for fools IMO.

Hibby D
13-06-2014, 11:10 AM
So they have picked the fan already? I was hoping for some sort X Factor style contest to decide who the fan on the board was.

Same. I was kinda hoping I'd be in the running :wink:

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Same. I was kinda hoping I'd be in the running :wink:

I have heard you sing, you'd not make boot camp. :greengrin

Peevemor
13-06-2014, 11:13 AM

I made the same point as soon as there was talk of phases B & C.

Also, if one of Kano & co's demands is fan represantition on the board, LD already spoke of this in her interview with Grant Stott (ie. before the rally), saying that this wouldn't be done just for the sake of it, but only when the person (or people) have specific tasks to fulfill - as was the case at Motherwell.

Beefster
13-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I made the same point as soon as there was talk of phases B & C.

Also, if one of Kano & co's demands is fan represantition on the board, LD already spoke of this in her interview with Grant Stott (ie. before the rally), saying that this wouldn't be done just for the sake of it, but only when the person (or people) have specific tasks to fulfill - as was the case at Motherwell.

That's another thing that's going to annoy me. We all know that Dempster is very pro getting fan representation at the club. Rodders knew that when he appointed her too.

When it happens though, someone is going to claim credit for it. If anyone deserves credit, it'll be LWT for probably paving the way for Dempster's appointment.

Peevemor
13-06-2014, 11:31 AM
That's another thing that's going to annoy me. We all know that Dempster is very pro getting fan representation at the club. Rodders knew that when he appointed her too.

When it happens though, someone is going to claim credit for it. If anyone deserves credit, it'll be LWT for probably paving the way for Dempster's appointment.

:agree:

Cameron1875
13-06-2014, 11:38 AM
The whole situation is a mess and I don't think I've ever been more depressed with Hibs.

Everything needs sorted quickly but it seems like the board want this to drag on an on till we end up forgetting about it.

Will we have to protest at getting Farmer to leave in order to get Rod out?! That's something I wouldn't feel comfortable doing but it seems like the two of them are almost joined at the hip.

Good luck to Kane an co.

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 11:38 AM

I said "maybe" :greengrin

George Moore is a good Hibby and doesn't wear dodgy shirts, good start yeah.

RIP
13-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Whetever else is going on can we stop uttering this phrase 'a fan on the board' as if it's something new? Hibs have had fans on the board since 1875. As have other clubs all over the world

As soon as we implement a community ownership model, the composition of the board can be decided by the new owners. Until then the recruitment of directors is solely a prerogative of the current Chairman and the rest of the Hibs Board

The business model at Easter Road has to change - pronto. It is a feature of the failure of the Petrie era. A mix of grass roots and new corporate investment is required and personally I'm thrilled that Paul is trying to galvanise a business group to take this forward.

The only thing I would change if I was him would be to consider a change to his Terms of Reference. The other plan needs it's own campaign name and objectives.

superfurryhibby
13-06-2014, 11:42 AM

Is Kano a Weedgie?

Golden Bear
13-06-2014, 11:45 AM
The whole situation is a mess and I don't think I've ever been more depressed with Hibs.

Everything needs sorted quickly but it seems like the board want this to drag on an on till we end up forgetting about it.

Will we have to protest at getting Farmer to leave in order to get Rod out?! That's something I wouldn't feel comfortable doing but it seems like the two of them are almost joined at the hip.

Good luck to Kane an co.

There appears to be a huge amount of problems both on and off the park and if we're being realistic we can't possibly expect everything to be resolved in days, weeks or even months.

Hopefully it's a case of short term pain will eventually give way to long term gain.

In the meantime patience is required. Keep the heid in other words.

The Modfather
13-06-2014, 11:47 AM
As long as PK doesn't make public what the plans are then he has no backing from the fans. You can't back something you have no knowledge of. PK knows this but more importantly so do STF & RP.

I'd have thought vague plans that can't be quantified would have struck a cord with Petrie. Give the bullsh*t a fancy title, "5 Year Plan" is already taken, and the jobs a good 'un.

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 11:49 AM
I have no problem with that silver no one should be saying that about paul...ill take on board what your saying it was petrie out now it seems like something else on the agenda..as I said earlier in the posts I just want LD to get on and appointment a manager and get players in and get back to talking football.
Seems like an awful long time ago since that happend.
I feel soory for LD how can you proceed with anything with all this. going on...

There was always going to be something else on the agenda, lots of folk on here were quick to "say what if Petrie goes, what next" well hopefully soon enough Kano will let us know about that.

But as you say getting a manager and players in pronto is a must, pre-season starts back in 10 days, the #petrieout campaign shouldn't be a distraction in LD getting players and a manager in though.

#petrieout

GGTTH

marinello59
13-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Whetever else is going on can we stop uttering this phrase 'a fan on the board' as if it's something new? Hibs have had fans on the board since 1875. As have other clubs all over the world

As soon as we implement a community ownership model, the composition of the board can be decided by the new owners. Until then the recruitment of directors is solely a prerogative of the current Chairman and the rest of the Hibs Board

The business model at Easter Road has to change - pronto. It is a feature of the failure of the Petrie era. A mix of grass roots and new corporate investment is required and personally I'm thrilled that Paul is trying to galvanise a business group to take this forward.

The only thing I would change if I was him would be to consider a change to his Terms of Reference. The other plan needs it's own campaign name and objectives.

So is that what he is doing?

QMU-1875
13-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Why are people getting worked up over Kanos actions here? To me he has acted impeccably by submitting two proposals offering STF the chance to see what could happen in the event of Petrie leaving rather than just walking in and saying "we want Petrie to GTF and ehhh that's all". By bringing along two hibs fans who are well versed in business language and law is fantastic and looks far more professional! Well done Kano, hopefully this can see the end of Petries disastrous time here!

lapsedhibee
13-06-2014, 11:53 AM

I swear I'll do time if I see one more variation in the spelling of the wumman's name. Everyone managed to spell the Showumni brothers' names correctly when they were here. Blatant misogynism.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I swear I'll do time if I see one more variation in the spelling of the wumman's name. Everyone managed to spell the Showumni brothers' names correctly when they were here. Blatant misogynism.

I blame my phone. And Petrie, obviously.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I said "maybe" :greengrin

George Moore is a good Hibby and doesn't wear dodgy shirts, good start yeah.

Something like this would be acceptable. :agree:

Tyler Durden
13-06-2014, 12:29 PM
I wish people would grow up and stop trusting that "well respected man in a suit", or "the working class boy made good", or whatever other incarnation their club's saviour comes in.

They are always interested in one thing above everything else - themselves. It's either about their ego, or money, but supporters always fall for the line it's about them.

Invariably whether these carpet baggers can succeed depends upon how big a mob they can bring. It's for that reason that I find it worrying the way the debate on here has deteriorated.

What concerns me about Kanos team is that if the way they present themselves in public is anything to go by, I wouldn't hold out much hope for their ability to run Hibs. Time and time again, they go up against real businessmen, and get slapped down.

If Kano is genuinely surprised that Farmer had Petrie there, then he needs to get out of this. The last thing Hibs need is people that are out of their depth in business getting involved.

If he isn't surprised, he's an even bigger fool for going to the press. Farmer has landed a punch, the last thing he should be doing is showing that it hurt.I still think Petrie should go, because he is causing a rift in the support. I don't think that Kane and MacLean are the answer though. I am not impressed with the way they raised a mob on a single issue, then shifted the goal posts by saying it was a mandate for their Stage 2.

Kane said on the TV that there was only one aim - getting rid of Rod. That's not the case.

Finally, a supporters rep. on the board would never work. What use would it be other than to give someone a seat on the bus, and a nice blazer? They'd get shot down by real business people, especially if they are anything like the ham fisted amateurs that "represent" the fans at the moment.

What are these examples of them being slapped down by real businessmen? (Which by the way sounds like another naive label which apparently you're against?)

The whole headline about Kane's surprise is a red herring FFS. Read the article again - Kane is simply having a dig at Petrie and suggesting he's not true to his word to step back from the running of the club.

Kane and his group met with Petrie. They've now met with Farmer and presented some kind of case/proposal. What exactly is wrong with their approach? Are you suggesting the likes of Pat Stanton is also involved out of pure self interest?

People need to have some patience, I'm sure the group's full aims will be explained shortly. For now they've confirmed they want Petrie out and some fan representation on the board. Rather than speculate, why not wait until they provide a further update?

silverhibee
13-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Something like this would be acceptable. :agree:

It wouldn't be acceptable from Mr Moore. :agree:

How could he defend that Ma lord.

Hibiza
13-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Scotsman reporting this .Kano felt as Petrie is now in Non Executive Role he wouldn't of been at the Meeting .Find it interesting that and another example of how difficult it is going to be to remove Petrie as that tactic can only be seen as one designed to intimidate IMO .look forward to hearing update on outcome of this meeting as assume there was some straight talking done and Kano making it clear Petrie Out Campaign will continue why be surprised?

Dave-O
13-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Shock, horror...kano walks in and was immediately landed with a typical STF sledgehammer, "SHOW ME YOUR MONEY" :greengrin

GordonHFC
13-06-2014, 12:55 PM

Everyone should leave Lian Demstir to get on with it :greengrin

The_Todd
13-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Everyone should leave Lian Demstir to get on with it :greengrin

And what about Liam Dumpster?

oregonhibby
13-06-2014, 01:07 PM
If he was going with a proposition to buy the Club then why would the owners not be there?

southsider
13-06-2014, 01:21 PM
At the Petrie out meeting Paul asked for a show of hands to remove Petrie. Clearly carried. We now move to Phaise 2 if Petrie will not walk....again clear mandate. The gang of 4 only have one aim which is to help Hibs move forward and some people that allow petty jealousy get in the way of the greater good for our football club should take a long hard look at themselves. We are the lifeblood of our club and i, for one, am sick of being treated like a commodity. I am a FAN ! PETRIE OUT.

Dave-O
13-06-2014, 01:23 PM
If he was going with a proposition to buy the Club then why would the owners not be there?

If that was the case and that's phase 3 why would he need phases 1 & 2?

I was there last week and when he announced phase 2, I thought meh...and thought phase 3 would surely be the catering at ER, but this is turning into a bit of a farce now, and kano should just come right out and tell us whats happening and forget all this secret nonsense, it's not doing him or the mandate he was given any good .

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 02:23 PM
What are these examples of them being slapped down by real businessmen? (Which by the way sounds like another naive label which apparently you're against?)

The whole headline about Kane's surprise is a red herring FFS. Read the article again - Kane is simply having a dig at Petrie and suggesting he's not true to his word to step back from the running of the club.

Kane and his group met with Petrie. They've now met with Farmer and presented some kind of case/proposal. What exactly is wrong with their approach? Are you suggesting the likes of Pat Stanton is also involved out of pure self interest?

People need to have some patience, I'm sure the group's full aims will be explained shortly. For now they've confirmed they want Petrie out and some fan representation on the board. Rather than speculate, why not wait until they provide a further update?

On the balance of what I've seen, Farmer is a much more credible option to run Hibs, than the consortium. I see a bunch of small time, local opportunists, taking on the boss of a national business.

It's getting quite embarrassing how every time this group are questioned Pat Stanton gets brought into it.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 02:25 PM
At the Petrie out meeting Paul asked for a show of hands to remove Petrie. Clearly carried. We now move to Phaise 2 if Petrie will not walk....again clear mandate. The gang of 4 only have one aim which is to help Hibs move forward and some people that allow petty jealousy get in the way of the greater good for our football club should take a long hard look at themselves. We are the lifeblood of our club and i, for one, am sick of being treated like a commodity. I am a FAN ! PETRIE OUT.

I think everybody has got the best interests of the club at heart.

WestStandMoaner
13-06-2014, 02:28 PM
STF is no fool. I am surprised that PK was surprised.

STF might not be a fool but he is treating the fans like fools, the vast majority of fans want Petrie out, they are both playing games, surely the only other person that should have been at the meeting should have been LD, after all Petrie has no part to play now, get Farmer and Petrie out and lets get our club run by people who want the football club to do well on the pitch.

Hibs will be there long after Farmer and Petrie are gone so lets not worry about getting them both out

Tyler Durden
13-06-2014, 02:33 PM
On the balance of what I've seen, Farmer is a much more credible option to run Hibs, than the consortium. I see a bunch of small time, local opportunists, taking on the boss of a national business.

It's getting quite embarrassing how every time this group are questioned Pat Stanton gets brought into it.

Of course Farmer is a better option to run the club. When has Kane's group suggested they want to run or buy the club?

I think you are being very unfair to label this group as opportunists. What do you think their agenda is exactly?

Peevemor
13-06-2014, 02:33 PM
STF might not be a fool but he is treating the fans like fools, the vast majority of fans want Petrie out, they are both playing games, surely the only other person that should have been at the meeting should have been LD, after all Petrie has no part to play now, get Farmer and Petrie out and lets get our club run by people who want the football club to do well on the pitch.

Hibs will be there long after Farmer and Petrie are gone so lets not worry about getting them both out

There's so much wrong with this post, I don't know where to start...

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 02:35 PM

I worry about it. Not because they are great, but because there doesn't seem to be much thought from those making the most noise. At the end of the day, the decisions we make now will impact on the club for many years.

Where's the harm in taking some time to work with the owners to identify the best way forward. Understandably patience has worn thin, but now more than ever we need to stay calm, and put in the hard work to plan ahead.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Of course Farmer is a better option to run the club. When has Kane's group suggested they want to run or buy the club?

I think you are being very unfair to label this group as opportunists. What do you think their agenda is exactly?

I am wondering why a protest group, on the single issue of Rod Petrie is now being asked for business plans. It suggests to me that they are looking to take over running the club.

I'm being cynical, it just seems to me that they are maybe getting their buttons pushed by a bigger player.

Golden Bear
13-06-2014, 02:58 PM
I am wondering why a protest group, on the single issue of Rod Petrie is now being asked for business plans. It suggests to me that they are looking to take over running the club.

I'm being cynical, it just seems to me that they are maybe getting their buttons pushed by a bigger player.

JC 's Monaco millionaires? - that seems a reasonable place to start the wild speculation.

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 03:00 PM
JC 's Monaco millionaires? - that seems a reasonable place to start the wild speculation.

Judging by other threads, things have moved on from speculation, and descended into fantasy.

Jonnyboy
13-06-2014, 03:02 PM

If he isn't surprised, he's an even bigger fool for going to the press. Farmer has landed a punch, the last thing he should be doing is showing that it hurt.

I still think Petrie should go, because he is causing a rift in the support. I don't think that Kane and MacLean are the answer though. I am not impressed with the way they raised a mob on a single issue, then shifted the goal posts by saying it was a mandate for their Stage 2.

I was a prime mover in the Hands on Hibs campaign and I can assure you I was not in it for myself

A fan on the board would get it in the neck from both directions as I'm pretty certain he/she would be lambasted for not pushing the 10,001 suggestions put forward by other fans

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I was a prime mover in the Hands on Hibs campaign and I can assure you I was not in it for myself

A fan on the board would get it in the neck from both directions as I'm pretty certain he/she would be lambasted for not pushing the 10,001 suggestions put forward by other fans

Fair point, it was a sweeping generalisation, no offence intended.

Jonnyboy
13-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Fair point, it was a sweeping generalisation, no offence intended.

:greengrin :aok:

Glorious St Pat
13-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Well said. Getting fed up with the sly wee digs at Kano - we've had everything analysis from how he talks to the bloody shirt he was wearing at the rally. For those questioning his leadership and representation abilities, we he is successful in his own right. He does have money through his pubs and numerous properties across the city. He also has the love of the club running through his veins.

He has stepped up to the plate whilst other bitch and moan behind keyboards.

I will say it again - I received information from a very close relative of Kano's that revealed the various stages of the plan. The final part involved a buyout with a group of Edinburgh businessmen, some of them Asian. No reason to doubt the information given where it came from - mind you, even family members can spout bull!

Tyler Durden
13-06-2014, 04:02 PM

It's unfortunate (but understandable) that we only have today's Scotsman story to go on, as the language "proposals for future of the club" could mean any number of things.

Personally, I don't think it means buy out plans.

Bostonhibby
13-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Well said. Getting fed up with the sly wee digs at Kano - we've had everything analysis from how he talks to the bloody shirt he was wearing at the rally. For those questioning his leadership and representation abilities, we he is successful in his own right. He does have money through his pubs and numerous properties across the city. He also has the love of the club running through his veins.

I will say it again - I received information from a very close relative of Kano's that revealed the various stages of the plan. The final part involved a buyout with a group of Edinburgh businessmen, some of them Asian. No reason to doubt the information given where it came from - mind you, even family members can spout bull!

Maybe its not the plan but how few know about it and therefore their ability to line up behind it might be the issue?

Remain very happy with Kanos plans to oust Petrie and what motivated it, the rest is a vague haze to many of the Hibs family who are smarter than those outside give us credit for.

There are quite a few who want to focus on shifting Petrie short term who might, just might support something more. But not if they don't know what it is and how it might come about.

marinello59
13-06-2014, 04:11 PM

I don't care how he dresses or how he speaks and I don't doubt his motivation or love for the club.
If his plan was a buyout from day one then why didn't he say that's what it was? Nobody can support a plan that they know nothing about.