PDA

View Full Version : Hawk eye in operation????

BT58
12-06-2014, 07:51 PM
i know that the English FA incorporated the Hawkeye system as regards touchline technology last season
Will the World cup have this techno ??? or is it down to the ref and his comrades???

Onceinawhile
12-06-2014, 07:54 PM
It isn't hawkeye, but there is goal line technology. We also get to see the free kick spray paint which I'm looking forward to

MB62
13-06-2014, 02:00 PM
It isn't hawkeye, but there is goal line technology. We also get to see the free kick spray paint which I'm looking forward to

worked a treat last night, although I would like them to circle the ball too so that doesn't get move forward.

TowerHibs
13-06-2014, 02:09 PM
worked a treat last night, although I would like them to circle the ball too so that doesn't get move forward.

They are actually doing this, just a small arc round the ball. Simple stuff but glad it's on board now

southern hibby
13-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Was I'n Brazil a few times and they had this spraypaint about8-9 years ago. Also they use a chalk dust substance if the pitch is really wet. actually amazed that it's taken so long to come to the world cup.

Wonder if the SFA will bring it I'n, probably not if it means the ugly sisters will vote against it.

GGTTH

Gettin' Auld
13-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Was I'n Brazil a few times and they had this spraypaint about8-9 years ago. Also they use a chalk dust substance if the pitch is really wet. actually amazed that it's taken so long to come to the world cup.

Wonder if the SFA will bring it I'n, probably not if it means the ugly sisters will vote against it.

GGTTH
The SFA are bringing in a version of Hawkeye - Think it's called Hawkeye The Noo.

:)

EdinMike
13-06-2014, 02:46 PM

The spray is such a welcome change, albeit the ref was tom kite last night.

But players creeping forward after given 10 yards irks to no end !!

BT58
15-06-2014, 08:11 PM
There you go
No goal then Goal !!!!

stantonhibby
15-06-2014, 08:15 PM
There you go
No goal then Goal !!!!

Because it wasnt over the line went it came off the post but was after the keeper fumbled. Its really not difficult.

bingo70
15-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Dinnae see what all the fuss is about, first one never crossed the line, the second one did. Why's this causing so much confusion in the commentary box?

bingo70
15-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Because it wasnt over the line went it came off the post but was after the keeper fumbled. Its really not difficult.

Exactly, was 2 seperate incidents, what's difficult to understand?

BT58
15-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Aye but it went up on the board,,the board that fans can see
NO GOAL
THEN IT GOT CHANGED TO GOAL

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2014, 08:19 PM
NO GOAL

Are you Jonathan Pearce?

Hibby70
15-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Exactly, was 2 seperate incidents, what's difficult to understand?

Nothing - they are complete dumplings

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2014, 08:20 PM
NO GOAL

No, it didn't.

bingo70
15-06-2014, 08:21 PM
NO GOAL

No, they didn't change it, it was a seperate incident. Just so happened they were very close to each other.

Would get the confusion if it was the same incident and hawkeye changed its mind but that's not what happened.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2014, 08:23 PM
It could have avoided any confusion by not bothering to tell us the ball hadn't crossed the line when it hit the post, but, it really wasnae rocket science, JP still going on about it.

Haymaker
15-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Goal line technology they said. Will stop controversy and arguments they said.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2014, 08:25 PM

They forgot about the human involvement :greengrin

stantonhibby
15-06-2014, 08:26 PM

Probably assumed that most folk watching will have a brain and be able to distinguish what has gone on.

Mon Dieu4
15-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Haha why are some people treating this like the Krypton Factor, canny believe that the post switched sides in the second replay either, FIX!!

BT58
15-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Are you Jonathan Pearce?
Thats as bad as calling me a yam...lol

easty
15-06-2014, 08:29 PM
When it slows it down for hawkeye, you half expect Philip Schofield to pop up and ask if you have what it takes to beat the cube.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Thats as bad as calling me a yam...lol

:greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Everyone: We want goal-line technology :grr::grr::grr::grr:

FIFA: Here's goal line technology :coolhib:

Idiots: We don't trust goal-line technology :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Corstorphine Hibby
15-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Probably assumed that most folk watching will have a brain and be able to distinguish what has gone on.

:panic:

Haymaker
15-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Everyone: We want goal-line technology :grr::grr::grr::grr:

FIFA: Here's goal line technology :coolhib:

Idiots: We don't trust goal-line technology :grr::grr::grr::grr:

:thumbsup:

Future17
15-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I bet the Honduran goalkeeper is delighted by the controversy - totally distracting from his complete lack of ability.

GoldenMeerkat
15-06-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd like to see the referee's vanishing spray made mandatory in all leagues.

easty
15-06-2014, 08:54 PM

It's not vanishing....it's imaginary. ;)

BT58
15-06-2014, 08:59 PM
In watching that again,,there should have been NO NO GOAL,the ball hit the post went along the line hit the goalie and went in therefore goal
i had 3-0 in the prediction league so im delighted

Hiber-nation
15-06-2014, 09:04 PM
In watching that again,,there should have been NO NO GOAL,the ball hit the post went along the line hit the goalie and went in therefore goal
i had 3-0 in the prediction league so im delighted

But when it hit the post it was no goal....

Haymaker
15-06-2014, 09:30 PM
It has to show every line decision. Hence the post shot.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Is this still confusing folk? :doh:

clerriehibs
15-06-2014, 10:11 PM

No.

The painful Robbie Savage actually explained it beautifully

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2014, 10:14 PM
No.

The painful Robbie Savage actually explained it beautifully

He must've read what I said on here somewhere! :greengrin

HibbySpurs
15-06-2014, 10:15 PM

No thought it was perfectly clear during the game. First the ball struck the post and did not cross the line.... No Goal.... Then the ball struck the other and went in, therefore goal.... Don't get why everyone is getting hot under the collar about this.... The ball crossed the line (legally) so whats the problem? The technology gave the right decision.

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2014, 10:18 PM
the ball hit the post went along the line

No, it didn't.

The ball hit the inside of the post - on the line - and came back out, the technology showed this as NO GOAL because it was a goal-line incident. Correct.

The goalie then fumbled it back across the line - GOAL. Correct.

Two separate goal-line incidents. Two separate replays generated by the technology. The ref would only have received a notification (vibrating wristband or whatever they're using) for the GOAL. The replays are purely for indulging the public.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2014, 10:25 PM
No thought it was perfectly clear during the game. First the ball struck the post and did not cross the line.... No Goal.... Then the ball struck the other and went in, therefore goal.... Don't get why everyone is getting hot under the collar about this.... The ball crossed the line (legally) so whats the problem? The technology gave the right decision.

I never said it was confusing me, I thought it was remarkably straightforward too.

Future17
15-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Well it only struck one post so it couldn't have been that clear. :greengrin

Keith_M
16-06-2014, 07:05 AM
A question about the spray paint thingy...

What happens if it's REALLY windy?

Cropley10
16-06-2014, 07:19 AM

Aye and Craig Thomson taking tiny wee steps when it's our free kick

easty
16-06-2014, 07:49 AM

Only if he misses when he tries to spray it in our free kick takers eyes. By accident of course.

The_Horde
16-06-2014, 11:43 AM
So the technology has to show all instances where it could've crossed the line.

What's the big deal?

Folks on my Facebook were going mental and I was expecting a major technology fail but when I got home and watched the recording it really couldn't have been clearer?

jacomo
16-06-2014, 11:49 AM
;4064817']So the technology has to show all instances where it could've crossed the line.

What's the big deal?

Folks on my Facebook were going mental and I was expecting a major technology fail but when I got home and watched the recording it really couldn't have been clearer?

Jonathan Pearce embarrassed himself by trying to stir it up. Either that or he was just too stupid to work out what had happened.

As for other dolts getting themselves in a fizz about it, what to say other than the World Cup encourages a whole load of people who know nothing about football to suddenly start pretending they are experts.

delbert
16-06-2014, 11:57 AM
;4064817']So the technology has to show all instances where it could've crossed the line.

What's the big deal?

I realise there is a remake of Dumb and Dumber in the pipeline but I didn't know that Jonathan Pearce and Martin Keown were going to audition live on air last night by showing a complete inability to understand goal line technology diagrams a five year old could understand, with Pearce showing an inability to count to two despite the on screen diagram clearly showing No GOAl, then GOAL at opposite ends of the goals, he decides he has to shriek like a banshee claimimg the technology doesn't work, whereas the whole point was that it showed it worked perfectly. Then Keown decided to show that he too could do it if he really tried when he said, talking about an injured player,' You can see him just offscreen !!' Thank God for experts.

Nutmegged
16-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Referees really are tooled up now aren't they?

Ear Piece's...mic'd up...Spray Cans...Vibrating Watches

Hamish
16-06-2014, 01:24 PM

and spraying the foam in Hibs defenders eyes when its an opposition free kick.....

Hamish
16-06-2014, 01:25 PM
I realise there is a remake of Dumb and Dumber in the pipeline but I didn't know that Jonathan Pearce and Martin Keown were going to audition live on air last night by showing a complete inability to understand goal line technology diagrams a five year old could understand, with Pearce showing an inability to count to two despite the on screen diagram clearly showing No GOAl, then GOAL at opposite ends of the goals, he decides he has to shriek like a banshee claimimg the technology doesn't work, whereas the whole point was that it showed it worked perfectly. Then Keown decided to show that he too could do it if he really tried when he said, talking about an injured player,' You can see him just offscreen !!' Thank God for experts.

This.

I was shouting at the TV. Jonathan Pearce is an embarrassment.

gaz1875
16-06-2014, 06:38 PM
A question about the spray paint thingy...

What happens if it's REALLY windy?

Made me laugh out loud :top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Made me laugh out loud :top marks

Coffee over the keyboard?