PDA

View Full Version : NHC World cup teams

Captain Trips
12-06-2014, 06:52 PM
This is more aimed at posters of my age and older.

Just watched the Brazil team arriving there and knew all the players seen most of them plenty of times, does anyone miss at all the surprise elements when you hadn't seen the players play much if at all and just were amazed at guys like Zico, Socrates etc on seeing them live for the first time hardly of hearing of them before? then 4 years later hoping to see them again only for more new faces of quality.

Scouse Hibee
12-06-2014, 07:07 PM
This is more aimed at posters of my age and older.

Just watched the Brazil team arriving there and knew all the players seen most of them plenty of times, does anyone miss at all the surprise elements when you hadn't seen the players play much if at all and just were amazed at guys like Zico, Socrates etc on seeing them live for the first time hardly of hearing of them before? then 4 years later hoping to see them again only for more new faces of quality.

:agree: Growing up without the mass TV coverage of football we get now made the World Cup a much more exciting occasion. Wowed by players I had never even heard of, they soon became regulars in my subbuteo team though :greengrin

hibsbollah
12-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Agree completely. In the 78 world cup, not only did no Scottish fan know anything about Cubillas and the rest of the Peru side, Ally McLeod hadn't even bothered to have them watched either! The rest is history.