PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fabregas signs for Chelsea

Spike Mandela
12-06-2014, 06:28 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27819204

Would that be like Riordan signing for Hearts? Arsenal fans won't be too happy will they?

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Worst part is Arsenal had an option to buy back and refused it. Wenger better have something big lined up or they won't be happy.

jimmyboco1875
12-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Would love to have seen him at man united

Spike Mandela
12-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Worst part is Arsenal had an option to buy back and refused it. Wenger better have something big lined up or they won't be happy.

Does he think that he is covered with Uzil maybe?

Beefster
12-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Mrs Beefster is devastated at him signing for Chelsea but even she admits that Arsenal don't need any more midfielders.

lapsedhibee
12-06-2014, 06:39 PM

Strange one, as Wenger has previously welcomed back former players (Campbell, Henry) and there was no public spat about Fabregas's leaving - quite the reverse. Would have said that Fabregas is better than any of Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott and Chamberlain. And on a good day better than all four put together. Perhaps there's something we don't know.

Dave-O
12-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Straight replacement for Lampard me thinks, thought he was a stick on for old trafford, possibly was till Moyes was emptied.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Under usmanov, Kronke and whinger Arsenal can't or won't compete on transfer fee and wages with the big boys. They will tend to sign players the Chelseas etc of Europe don't want.

HH81
12-06-2014, 06:54 PM

He would have wanted champions league :agree: That rules them out then.

Eyrie
12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Under usmanov, Kronke and whinger Arsenal can't or won't compete on transfer fee and wages with the big boys. They will tend to sign players the Chelseas etc of Europe don't want.

Like Ozil.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Like Ozil.

Knew someone would say it, wasn't getting a game regularly at a bigger team and not set the heather alight so far. If city, united, madrid, bayern, chelsea or Psg wanted him that's where he'd be. Smacked of an over priced panic buy when everyone else was signing the better players.

Beefster
12-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Arsenal don't need him. They have Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini under contract.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Arsenal don't need him. They have Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini under contract.

Cazorla and Ramsey are good players but I don't think any of those named have been as good for arsenal as Fabregas was before he left.

Spike Mandela
12-06-2014, 07:19 PM

Ahhhhh how good must that be.:aok: Well jealous.

Just_Jimmy
12-06-2014, 07:29 PM

You need good players. Fabregas is better than every player on that list.

talking_wiss
12-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Knew someone would say it, wasn't getting a game regularly at a bigger team and not set the heather alight so far. If city, united, madrid, bayern, chelsea or Psg wanted him that's where he'd be. Smacked of an over priced panic buy when everyone else was signing the better players.

That's just nonsense. In his last season at real he had the most assists in the league, possibly Europe iirc and played the third most mins behind Ronnie and Alonso. A mediocre first season at arsenal doesn't mean you can change his previous history

Beefster
12-06-2014, 07:43 PM
You need good players. Fabregas is better than every player on that list.

I agree with you about Fabregas but is he worth spending £30m and probably around £250k a week on when you've plenty of central midfielders and are in dire need of a goalkeeper, defenders and strikers? Arsenal evidently thought not.

BT58
12-06-2014, 07:44 PM
where Man U not after FAB last season ????,,,
mind you had they got him would they have wanted MATA???

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 07:49 PM
That's just nonsense. In his last season at real he had the most assists in the league, possibly Europe iirc and played the third most mins behind Ronnie and Alonso. A mediocre first season at arsenal doesn't mean you can change his previous history

:confused: Where was I changing his history again? Never actually looked at it, but was he sold because they had better(?).

Decent player but his previous club were happy to let him go for a big fee and not aware of anyone competing with Arsenal for him.

Love the Green
12-06-2014, 07:59 PM

T:cbhink fabregas might have ambition and no stomach for a mid table fight:agree:

talking_wiss
12-06-2014, 08:03 PM
:confused: Where was I changing his history again? Never actually looked at it, but was he sold because they had better(?).

Decent player but his previous club were happy to let him go for a big fee and not aware of anyone competing with Arsenal for him.

You said he wasn't getting a game regularly, that's not true. I don't know if any other clubs were seriously interested, the real fans seemed fairly disappointed when he looked like leaving singing his name at bale's unveiling.

Wenger seems to have a history (maybe another fault of his) of seeing his signings taking at least a year to settle so maybe best judging him after next season. I thought he was outstanding when I watched him play for real, he's definitely been nothing like that in the second half of this season

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Cazorla and Ramsey are good players but I don't think any of those named have been as good for arsenal as Fabregas was before he left.Ramsey last season certainly was.

Strange one, as Wenger has previously welcomed back former players (Campbell, Henry) and there was no public spat about Fabregas's leaving - quite the reverse. Would have said that Fabregas is better than any of Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott and Chamberlain. And on a good day better than all four put together. Perhaps there's something we don't know.Debatable if he is even better than Ozil never mind all ''all four put together''

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 08:08 PM
You said he wasn't getting a game regularly, that's not true. I don't know if any other clubs were seriously interested, the real fans seemed fairly disappointed when he looked like leaving singing his name at bale's unveiling.

Wenger seems to have a history (maybe another fault of his) of seeing his signings taking at least a year to settle so maybe best judging him after next season. I thought he was outstanding when I watched him play for real, he's definitely been nothing like that in the second half of this season

Fair do's I was trying, and probably failing, to make the point that if he was their first choice, or that good maybe they wouldn't have sold him on, not as if they needed the money! Madrid and Bale have done no too bad since though, hindsight eh.:wink:

talking_wiss
12-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Fair do's I was trying, and probably failing, to make the point that if he was their first choice, or that good maybe they wouldn't have sold him on, not as if they needed the money! Madrid and Bale have done no too bad since though, hindsight eh.:wink:

Aye, I seem to recall most pundits saying at the time how well spurs and arsenal had done out of all the deals with real paying way over the odds. Spurs wasted 100 mill, ozil's had a poor season and bale's a sensation!

Bostonhibby
12-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Aye, I seem to recall most pundits saying at the time how well spurs and arsenal had done out of all the deals with real paying way over the odds. Spurs wasted 100 mill, ozil's had a poor season and bale's a sensation!

Don't get me started on Spurs. Rod Petrie - poor mans Daniel Levy! :duck:

lapsedhibee
12-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Ramsey last season certainly was.

Debatable if he is even better than Ozil never mind all ''all four put together''

Early days for Ozil perhaps. But on showings for Arsenal, so far, Fabregas probably played 50 or 100 better games than Ozil's best game.

heretoday
12-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Great business by Chelsea.

Gus
12-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Arsenal won heehaw with cesc in 7 years, even that donkey Sanogoo has won more

ekhibee
12-06-2014, 10:27 PM
He's been poor at Arsenal but any time I've seen him playing for Germany I thought he was an excellent player, and a gifted one too. Some players just don't fit into the style of a particular team, that might be the case with Ozil. Fabregas is the other way round for me, a very good, talented player at club level but for Spain I've thought he just looked ordinary. He was, to be fair, a lot of the time just being used as a sub to replace Iniesta or Xavi when they were knackered. He'll probably get more of a chance now.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Early days for Ozil perhaps. But on showings for Arsenal, so far, Fabregas probably played 50 or 100 better games than Ozil's best game.You judge Fabregas on games 3 years ago but not Ozil. Barcelona wouldn't be getting rid of Fabregas if he was that good. Fabregas was a brilliant player for Arsenal over like 6/7 years, Ozil has been there 1 season, he will only improve, especially if they keep Walcott fit and get a top class striker to play infront of him

lapsedhibee
13-06-2014, 08:00 AM
You judge Fabregas on games 3 years ago but not Ozil. Barcelona wouldn't be getting rid of Fabregas if he was that good. Fabregas was a brilliant player for Arsenal over like 6/7 years, Ozil has been there 1 season, he will only improve, especially if they keep Walcott fit and get a top class striker to play infront of him

:agree:

jacomo
13-06-2014, 12:59 PM
You judge Fabregas on games 3 years ago but not Ozil. Barcelona wouldn't be getting rid of Fabregas if he was that good. Fabregas was a brilliant player for Arsenal over like 6/7 years, Ozil has been there 1 season, he will only improve, especially if they keep Walcott fit and get a top class striker to play infront of him

I'm surprised Barca are letting Fabregas go but I think it's got a lot to do with Luis Enrique wanting to reshape things a little and bring Koke in.

Fabregas seems a natural successor to Lampard, I think Chelsea might just get the best of him.

emerald green
13-06-2014, 03:21 PM

Would love to have seen him at Hibernian FC. :wink:

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised Barca are letting Fabregas go but I think it's got a lot to do with Luis Enrique wanting to reshape things a little and bring Koke in.

Fabregas seems a natural successor to Lampard, I think Chelsea might just get the best of him.Its not, they posted this on their website last night before taking it down

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first

number 27
13-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Its not, they posted this on their website last night before taking it down

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first

To be fair that's just the opinion of the boy who writes for the website, it doesn't necessarily reflect the coaches views.

Iggy Pope
13-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Strange one, as Wenger has previously welcomed back former players (Campbell, Henry) and there was no public spat about Fabregas's leaving - quite the reverse. Would have said that Fabregas is better than any of Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott and Chamberlain. And on a good day better than all four put together. Perhaps there's something we don't know.

Ha! Garbage.
You've missed out Ramsay and on a good day doubtful that Cesc would get the ball off three of the others.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2014, 06:27 PM
To be fair that's just the opinion of the boy who writes for the website, it doesn't necessarily reflect the coaches views.Its a press release about them selling a top playing for big money, its obviously not just made up by some guy who writes for the website.

lapsedhibee
13-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Ha! Garbage.
You've missed out Ramsay and on a good day doubtful that Cesc would get the ball off three of the others.

Of course I've missed out Ramsey. No way is Fabregas better than Ramsey. :confused:

Of course he wouldn't get the ball off three of the others. They'd just form a triangle and pass it round him. :confused: