PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Swift Response by Leeane

Wellbankhibby
12-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Just read about LD appointing new coaches to work at East Mains. Already looking at improvements in bringing through fresh young talent and the u/20s working closely with the First Team. Its great to see she has her eye firmly on the ball and wants to make full use of the brilliant facilites we have. :agree:

ArmadaleHibs
12-06-2014, 05:00 PM
She's going to revolutionise this club.

HappyHibby93
12-06-2014, 05:16 PM
She has certainly impressed, I'm excited by what she can do for this club

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Spike Mandela
12-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Where did you read this then?

StarMan10
12-06-2014, 05:26 PM
These comments almost give me flashbacks to Butchers appointment.
Judgement/Praise will be reserved for a while yet

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Where did you read this then?

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-must-have-youth-focus-1-3441525

craigmounthibby
12-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Aye, fair enough, but there's room for optimism here.

KDY Hibs
12-06-2014, 05:47 PM

This

Keith_M
12-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I thought this was an encouraging view (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-must-have-youth-focus-1-3441525) on any potential new Manager expressed by Leeann Dempster.

She also mentioned the need to link up the 1st and youth teams, as well as to make proper use of East Mains.

Spike Mandela
12-06-2014, 05:53 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-must-have-youth-focus-1-3441525

Cheers:aok:

KDY Hibs
12-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I thought this was an encouraging view (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-must-have-youth-focus-1-3441525) on any potential new Manager expressed by Leeann Dempster.

She also mentioned the need to link up the 1st and youth teams, as well as to make proper use of East Mains.
Phew! After reading the thread I thought we were on the path to appointing Graham Rix as Manager...

hibby67
12-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Phew! After reading the thread I thought we were on the path to appointing Graham Rix as Manager...

:slipper:

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Every club in Scotland bar Celtc are saying this as they have little or no budget for signing on fees never mind transfer fees.

Phil D. Rolls
12-06-2014, 06:10 PM

These comments will be valid until the first home defeat, then questions will be asked, then Rod will get the blame.

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Maybe just maybe, we needed to fall this low, so as to be a catalyst for positive change. LD deserves a chance to see what she can do, however, even in a short space of time, she has made some quick positive changes....

A new dawn?

HKhibby
12-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Really?...sent the club an email only 12 hours ago or so, at least expected some sort of reply from Ms Dempster, but nothing apart from an automated reply, How was Butcher allowed to get rid of 14 players a day or so after relegation (yes they were rubbish), Ms Depster was not officially in place at this point, so i can only presume there was dialogue with Butcher and Petrie, but given that a new chief executive was starting less than a week later, i cannot imagine that she was not involved in the dialogue at all, it is senior management after all!, if there was not....very strange way to conduct business!, Then 2 weeks later Ms Dempster off loads Butcher!, yes give her a chance....but i think people on here and other sites are hailing this woman to be some sort of magician or saviour!, Pre-season training is 2/3 weeks away and we have no manager / assistant manager, a big shortage of players, and we are now a Championship club, which does not attract a great load of interested managers to come to it!....not to mention in the same league there is Rangers, Hearts, and ambitious teams like Falkirk, Dumbarton and Dunfermline, ....so she is going to change the club with all this? Just now i will give here the benefit of the doubt, but not for long!...then again i have been wrong before and will admit if i am wrong!...but i do not think so!

Dave-O
12-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Maybe just maybe, we needed to fall this low, so as to be a catalyst for positive change. LD deserves a chance to see what she can do, however, even in a short space of time, she has made some quick positive changes....

A new dawn?

Absolutely...getting a bit fed up with this in-fighting going on at the moment, quicker we announce a new manager and some players the quicker we can all focus on the real issue, getting out of this league of death. :thumbsup:

Jones28
12-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Really?...sent the club an email only 12 hours ago or so, at least expected some sort of reply from Ms Dempster, but nothing apart from an automated reply, How was Butcher allowed to get rid of 14 players a day or so after relegation (yes they were rubbish), Ms Depster was not officially in place at this point, so i can only presume there was dialogue with Butcher and Petrie, but given that a new chief executive was starting less than a week later, i cannot imagine that she was not involved in the dialogue at all, it is senior management after all!, if there was not....very strange way to conduct business!, Then 2 weeks later Ms Dempster off loads Butcher!, yes give her a chance....but i think people on here and other sites are hailing this woman to be some sort of magician or saviour!, Pre-season training is 2/3 weeks away and we have no manager / assistant manager, a big shortage of players, and we are now a Championship club, which does not attract a great load of interested managers to come to it!....not to mention in the same league there is Rangers, Hearts, and ambitious teams like Falkirk, Dumbarton and Dunfermline, ....so she is going to change the club with all this? Just now i will give here the benefit of the doubt, but not for long!...then again i have been wrong before and will admit if i am wrong!...but i do not think so!

I prefer that she's looking at the big picture of improving the club as opposed to sitting in her office replying to the dozens of pissed off Hibs fans that will be filling inboxes with rants. 12 hours?! Christ, you'd be lucky if you got a reply to any enquiry anywhere else within 24.

In LD I trust.

Broken Gnome
12-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Really?...sent the club an email only 12 hours ago or so, at least expected some sort of reply from Ms Dempster, but nothing apart from an automated reply

Dunno if you know, but she's a tad busy.

SJNB Hibby
12-06-2014, 06:41 PM

Dunfy are still in Divi 2

oconnors_strip
12-06-2014, 06:44 PM

Leeann talked about emails on Saturday, she will try to respond to as many in a timely fashion as she can but fans have to realise she is rather preoccupied with other goings ons at the club at the moment.
She also asked us how the club can respond to emails better. Do you have a constructive idea?

weonlywon6-2
12-06-2014, 06:46 PM

Hopefully she will,new broom and all that.I really think she will see us a great challenge and hopefully the hibs fans will get fully behind her,if we do this i believe we can achieve a lot

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2014, 06:47 PM

Maybe Rod could man the emails, apparently he's not doing much these days at the club? :timebomb:

hibsbollah
12-06-2014, 06:48 PM

No offence, but if I was as busy as Leanne I wouldn't respond to an email from you either :agree:

Just Alf
12-06-2014, 06:49 PM

If you remember, at the time it was quoted that he all but stormed out afterwards.... Maybe he was simply told he couldn't sign anyone/renew contracts until after he came back from leave? As far as I know that Monday of the "long knives" was all about players at the end of their contracts?

The Green Goblin
12-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I'll judge LD on the changes she brings to the club and not the number of hours it takes her to reply to fans' emails about the very issues she is no doubt working hard on. Some people need to get a grip here and give the woman a chance to do her job.

weonlywon6-2
12-06-2014, 06:52 PM

Shes got more important things to do just now i feel than to ask answer questions about a previous manager.

18/03/07
12-06-2014, 06:52 PM
They were not all rubbish mate, some were good players that Butcher never gave a chance, also 1 of the young guys was on his way back from injury(Donaldson)i think who was highly thought of. I would like to think L.D. will speak to J,Mcd about the young guys that Butcher released

easty
12-06-2014, 06:56 PM

I emailed about a week ago for an autographed photo. Still haven't got one. She's lazy.

Bronson
12-06-2014, 06:58 PM
No offence, but if I was as busy as Leanne I wouldn't respond to an email from you either :agree:

This. She's been praised to the high heavens for taking time to make personal replies to some supporters and rightly so, but that should not become an expectation. She has far bigger priorities.

Dave-O
12-06-2014, 06:59 PM
They were not all rubbish mate, some were good players that Butcher never gave a chance, also 1 of the young guys was on his way back from injury(Donaldson)i think who was highly thought of. I would like to think L.D. will speak to J,Mcd about the young guys that Butcher released

I would have thought James would have been consulted first on any youngsters that where released mate, if not then it is one almighty **** up that again rodders allowed on his watch.

Onion
12-06-2014, 07:01 PM

A new dawn?

You got to hope so. My concern is how realistic it is for Hibs to put together a squad that can get out of the Champ next season in a few weeks. Other teams are well ahead in their planning and structure and much better prepared.

Unless we're lucky and all clicks into place, it would not surprise me if The Hibs Board gave up on promo in 1 year as it could carry a lot of financial risk. Might be better to plan properly for 15/16 with solid infrastructure.

Wellbankhibby
12-06-2014, 07:10 PM
You got to hope so. My concern is how realistic it is for Hibs to put together a squad that can get out of the Champ next season in a few weeks. Other teams are well ahead in their planning and structure and much better prepared.

Unless we're lucky and all clicks into place, it would not surprise me if The Hibs Board gave up on promo in 1 year as it could carry a lot of financial risk. Might be better to plan properly for 15/16 with solid infrastructure.

Have to say thats my feelings on things. I honestly feel we will struggle to come up this Year unless we invest heavily in players out of contract. My main post was by looking at the youth set up it shows that she is looking to the future. Unfortunately there are many fans who have lost patience with Managers and the Board. I am sure with the right guidance we will be a force again but it will take time in my opinion. It would be great to get promotion at first time of asking but we are at least a Month behind all other teams. You never know there may be a list of potential signings lined up. As for the new Manager I think there is no doubt LD has asked Stuart McColl to come and work with her, the question is will he take the chance.

jdships
12-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Without going overboard about the lady what I like about her is she is BUILDING FROM THE BOTTOM UP not the other way round
That's how you build a firm base in any business :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
12-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Without going overboard about the lady what I like about her is she is BUILDING FROM THE BOTTOM UP not the other way round
That's how you build a firm base in any business :thumbsup:

We do like a firm bottom.:thumbsup:

MSK
12-06-2014, 07:32 PM
I emailed about a week ago for an autographed photo. Still haven't got one. She's lazy.:greengrin

RMQ1967
12-06-2014, 07:34 PM
I emailed about a week ago for an autographed photo. Still haven't got one. She's lazy.

Hahaha :thumbsup:

jdships
12-06-2014, 07:39 PM
We do like a firm bottom.:thumbsup:

Depends what turns you on !
:aok:

Gerard
12-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Having been part of the Saturday meeting with Leeann I am impressed with her management style. I look forward to meeting her in the WT meetings.

MyJo
12-06-2014, 07:51 PM

Its pretty obvious from the outside looking in that Butcher was set to continue with us next season and was allowed (instructed?) to clear the decks of players like we did both to cut down the budget to suit our reduced finances next season and to get rid of the deadwood players who had got us relegated in the first place with the plan being to build a new squad for next season that will want to play for butcher and and play the way he envisions us playing in the championship.

Leeann has started and has decided the club is a mess and needs sorted out, her vision is to have a functioning and constantly producing academy structure feeding the first team with a smaller squad and a greater focus on developing our young guys into first team quality players whilst playing a winning and entertaining brand of football to bring the fans back to easter road.

Leeann lays this vision out to Butcher and asks him if he is the right man for this job and if he shares her vision, Butcher says no, he thinks we would do better in combing the lower levels of the english football leagues for the next Billy McKay and building a squad of signing like this and playing tactics that will grind out results through direct (hoof) football into the channels.

Leeann goes to the board and says, Terry is not the man to take this club forward in the way it needs to and i propose to remove him from the managers position. The board agrees and Butcher is told to pack his bags.

gem
12-06-2014, 08:16 PM

My thoughts exactly!

GordonHFC
12-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Can some folk not just let the woman get on with her job ?

18/03/07
12-06-2014, 08:35 PM
I would have thought James would have been consulted first on any youngsters that where released mate, if not then it is one almighty **** up that again rodders allowed on his watch.
Thats the problem bud he was not, it was James that recommended a few of the younger guys to be added to the 1st team, PF always had them in the squad but did not include them on the bench etc, it was to give them some experience of being part of the team, BOOM in comes TB, loans some out, freezes others out, but persists keeping Handling in the squad as he had the same agent as him

flash
12-06-2014, 08:58 PM
My thoughts exactly!

I take it you are being sarcastic.

FranckSuzy
12-06-2014, 09:33 PM

Get real :rolleyes: IF we hadn't: been relegated, sacked our manager (again), released a number of players, faced a fans revolt, experienced a downturn in ST sales, etc, etc, you'd be lucky to get a reply in 12 months, never mind 12 hours.

Unseen work
12-06-2014, 09:39 PM
12 hours?

For a woman thats just joined a mess of a football team, with no manager, very little players. Striving to get promoted the first time of asking and sorting out everything at east mains. community links and sponsors.

She cant reply to everyone at this moment in time. If she did i would be more concerned that she isnt doing her job. Especially over a question that has been asked a millions times.

Gerard
12-06-2014, 09:45 PM
12 hours?

For a woman thats just joined a mess of a football team, with no manager, very little players. Striving to get promoted the first time of asking and sorting out everything at east mains. community links and sponsors.

She cant reply to everyone at this moment in time. If she did i would be more concerned that she isnt doing her job. Especially over a question that has been asked a millions times.

I think we need to let the CEO do the job that she is getting paid to do. There will be a time to question the CEO regarding the many questions that people have asked about OUR CLUB.

Jonnyboy
12-06-2014, 10:03 PM

Stuff and nonsense. Are you for real? I expect an answer within the next 12 hours

Nutmegged
12-06-2014, 10:08 PM

I don't think Butcher got rid of any players to be honest, I think Rod Petrie got rid of players and I'd imagine he told Butcher and his men to do the hatchet job on them then told Terry if he remains in charge he'll then be allowed to build a new squad.

those 14 players weren't released because Butcher didn't want them, they're goners because we were goners

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2014, 10:12 PM
I'll judge LD on the changes she brings to the club and not the number of hours it takes her to reply to fans' emails about the very issues she is no doubt working hard on. Some people need to get a grip here and give the woman a chance to do her job.

:agree:

shagpile
12-06-2014, 10:16 PM

12 hours eh? She is most likely still trying to decipher the load of pish you've written.

MartinfaePorty
12-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Dunfermline aren't in the league.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
12-06-2014, 10:19 PM
12 hours eh? She is most likely still trying to decipher the load of pish you've written.

:faf:

offshorehibby
12-06-2014, 10:26 PM

Think the lassie's got mor on hsr plate to worry about, get real.

lucky
12-06-2014, 10:47 PM
The more LD talks the more angry I get at RP for failing our club. As for fans emailing the club, gonna stop. Let her do her job rather than responding to everyone's personal issues

MrRobot
13-06-2014, 09:05 AM

If your whole email was typed as bad as this post, I wouldn't reply either. :greengrin