12-06-2014, 04:05 PM
according to Jim Spence...

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 04:10 PM
according to Jim Spence...

Luke Shanley reporting it too.....

Bronson
12-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Anyone know what was said? I imagine Farmer's standing by his right hand man Petire unfortunately.

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Think the meeting contents will remain confidential. Luke Shanley reporting that PK has now to submit a business proposal to STF

cam2644
12-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Think the meeting contents will remain confidential. Luke Shanley reporting that PK has now to submit a business proposal to STF

Does this mean a Foundation of Hibs? I think it would need a scaled buy out over many years. Difficult.

down-the-slope
12-06-2014, 04:38 PM
I guess STF will be asking who is involved / what are their plans / do they actually have cash to buy and invest - as this would be consistent with what he has previously said

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Does this mean a Foundation of Hibs? I think it would need a scaled buy out over many years. Difficult.

Don't know what it means to be honest

rcarter1
12-06-2014, 04:40 PM
If true this is very positive. For someone on the fans side to get some insight into the thinking behind the scenes is great. Speaking to a number of Hibees, most are looking forward to an exciting season, and a rare chance to beat the Huns and the Yams to a title.

Some players and even a manager would help however.. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2014, 04:40 PM
I guess STF will be asking who is involved / what are their plans / do they actually have cash to buy and invest - as this would be consistent with what he has previously said

Million dollar question James

down-the-slope
12-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Million dollar question James

£10 million quid maybe :greengrin - but I think the who and plans are equally important to him. I just don't see him selling to Mr Big just because they have cash (even if it was a hefty offer) if he does not believe they have Hibs best interests at forefront - but he might be prepared to sell 'not at a profit' if he believed it was the right person / people who had plans that protected the clubs future.

Golden Bear
12-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Business Plan?, ----------------- Business Plan?

At the end of the day whit's a Business Plan?

:greengrin

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I would guess that Kano arrived at the meeting with plenty of chat, possibly some very good ideas but nothing solid. Any businessman faced with that would ask for a detailed, written proposal (whether he's interested or not) . I would also expect that STF told Kano exactly why RP is staying put, at least for the time being.

Golden Bear
12-06-2014, 04:58 PM
I would guess that Kano arrived at the meeting with plenty of chat, possibly some very good ideas but nothing solid. Any businessman faced with that would ask for a detailed, written proposal (whether he's interested or not) . I would also expect that STF told Kano exactly why RP is staying put, at least for the time being.

:agree:

Jack
12-06-2014, 05:01 PM
If its one of those 'we'll get a big loan to buy Hibs and pay that back through the club' Glazer style then I'm sure STF will tell them to bolt. Hopefully.

We make little enough money without the support paying back loans so other folk sit in the directors box for nowt.

scoopyboy
12-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Business Plan?, ----------------- Business Plan?

At the end of the day whit's a Business Plan?

:greengrin

All I know is they take five years, although i'm never sure from when. :greengrin

1987kev
12-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Just out of interest why is Paul Kane in charge of this Petrie out campaign.

Aldo
12-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Just out of interest why is Paul Kane in charge of this Petrie out campaign.

Former player, Hibs fan and local businessman.... why not??

He's happy to run with it so let him!!

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Just out of interest why is Paul Kane in charge of this Petrie out campaign.He was the one with the balls to step up to the plate.

Unlike some posters on here that are happy to tear strips off him.

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 05:22 PM
I imagine that would have been an amusing spectacle.

I wonder if PK managed to put 2 sentences together this time, without muffing it.

'Course, I shouldn't be mocking him. He is representing the fans after allyou're right you shouldnae be, hope he wisnae wearing that shirt either because that's important :rolleyes: Would you mock Pat Stanton if he was leading this but wisnae the greatest speaker in the world?

At least he's having a go a sticking up for the opinion of a growing number of fans while some still have their heids firmly planted up petrie's erse

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 05:23 PM
He was the one with the balls to step up to the plate.

Unlike some posters on here that are happy to tear strips off him.:top marks

southsider
12-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Well, he has My support all the way. He is the Joe Strummer of Hibs......spokesman of a generation and all that. PETRIE OUT.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Anyone know what was said? I imagine Farmer's standing by his right hand man Petire unfortunately.Of course he is, wouldn't reflect well if Farmer sacked Petrie for doing what he was told.

Phil D. Rolls
12-06-2014, 05:27 PM
you're right you shouldnae be, hope he wisnae wearing that shirt either because that's important :rolleyes: Would you mock Pat Stanton if he wisnae the greatest speaker in the world?

Pat Stanton has earned the respect of most Hibs fans. Paul Kane hasn't yet. That's the difference.

Siralbertkidd
12-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Well, he has My support all the way. He is the Joe Strummer of Hibs......spokesman of a generation and all that. PETRIE OUT.

Strange logic to put Kano in the same league as Joe.

Think the only thing in common is Joe was ashamed to have worn the Red Brigade t shirt and Kano is also probably reassessing his wardrobe.

I would put Kano more as a Jimmy Pursey character.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Pat Stanton has earned the respect of most Hibs fans. Paul Kane hasn't yet. That's the difference.

How does Paul ever gain the respect Pat Stanton has?

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Pat Stanton has earned the respect of most Hibs fans. Paul Kane hasn't yet. That's the difference.So is there a need tae mock people just because they may no be the most articulate? You think that's ok dae you? Nothing tae dae with respect.

And on that note Paul Kane has my respect for taking a stand against petrie, that's good enough for me.

AlbertK86
12-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Strange logic to put Kano in the same league as Joe. Think the only thing in common is Joe was ashamed to have worn the Red Brigade t shirt and Kano is also probably reassessing his wardrobe. I would put Kano more as a Jimmy Pursey character.

Green cordorouys and white laced up boots ?!?!?! 😉👍

Smartie
12-06-2014, 05:35 PM

What???? Paul Kane hasn't earned the respect of the Hibs fans?

Christ, I bet he wishes he hadn't bothered scoring that winning goal against the Jambos in the 80s.

He's a fan, he played for the club, is an astute businessman in his own right and has countless business contacts. His spoken voice may be a bit rough around the edges but if we can't respect Kano, who can we respect?

southsider
12-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Strange logic to put Kano in the same league as Joe.

Think the only thing in common is Joe was ashamed to have worn the Red Brigade t shirt and Kano is also probably reassessing his wardrobe.

I would put Kano more as a Jimmy Pursey character.
I had the good fortune to have met Joe on a couple of occasions and i have known Paul for years. They both speak about their cause with great passion. PETRIE OUT.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2014, 05:38 PM
you're right you shouldnae be, hope he wisnae wearing that shirt either because that's important :rolleyes: Would you mock Pat Stanton if he was leading this but wisnae the greatest speaker in the world?

At least he's having a go a sticking up for the opinion of a growing number of fans while some still have their heids firmly planted up petrie's erseFanbase in different opinion shocker.

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 05:41 PM
aye, whatever

RIP Bestie
12-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I much prefer people that stick with their own dialect instead of trying to be something they're not.
Lol. It's like watching an old movie where someone is trying to play someone Scottish and putting on a cringeworthy accent where there is a false emphasis put on some words while the rest are in perfect English, reading some of his posts. Think Greyfriers Bobby or Braveheart for example

Saorsa
12-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Lol. It's like watching an old movie where someone is trying to play someone Scottish and putting on a cringeworthy accent where there is a false emphasis put on some words while the rest are in perfect English, reading some of his posts. Think Greyfriers Bobby or Braveheart for exampleI telt you, ignore it then ya ****in' tool

Jack
12-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Paul Kane wasn't the same classy player Pat was but he gave everything he had as a very decent Hibs player.

He is chair of the former players association and shows the same enthusiasm he did as a pro as he leads the 'legends' playing for charitable purposes, enhancing the good name of Hibs.

Eats, sleeps and breathes Hibs I have no doubt he'd give the club his last heartbeat.

And folk are giving him grief!

No he's not as good as Pat but I'd rather have 10 Paul Kanes at Hibs than one Rod Petrie.

RIP Bestie
12-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I telt you, ignore it then ya ****in' tool
It's amazing what you think you can and generally do get away with on here

MSK
12-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Guys, way too much abuse getting thrown about, time to get back to discussing the topic.

Phil D. Rolls
12-06-2014, 05:59 PM
So is there a need tae mock people just because they may no be the most articulate? You think that's ok dae you? Nothing tae dae with respect.

And on that note Paul Kane has my respect for taking a stand against petrie, that's good enough for me.

I didn't say that. It was you that asked if people would treat Pat Stanton the same way. I'm pointing out that you aren't comparing apple with apple.

Pat Stanton played a lot more games for Hibs, and has managed the club. He probably deserves more respect for that reason.

That said, if Pat put himself up as a spokesman, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect him to be articulate in what he's saying.

I believe Kano has done well to stand up to Petrie too. It isn't helpful that, for some, he is beyond question.

And the shirt was just crap, and deserved a good slagging. Or are we getting close to the forelock tugging?

RIP Bestie
12-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Guys, way too much abuse getting thrown about, time to get back to discussing the topic.
Are you going to do something about him?

Peevemor
12-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, I swear on my daughter's lives that I was being genuine. I detest false airs & graces.

Jamie, given that you had a comment deleted, I guess you took it the wrong way. I didn't see what you said anyway so there's no problem for me. :greengrin:

MSK
12-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Are you going to do something about him?And you need tae wind your neck in a bit too..